Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (5) « 1 2 [3] 4 5 »
Apr 5, 2016 8:13 AM

Dec 2011
Yamada2 said:
This was more hilarious than I expected lol. Sakura started off as one of those annoying stupid MCs. Seriously, she was acting like an elementary schooler while on her way to high school. But she quickly became a fun girl. Now I don't hate her as much as I did in the first few minutes lol. Curly haired girl was finding reasons to convince Sakura that bike riding is awesome and the creepy helmet senpai just took her on a bike ride. That was the best way to convince her.

Lol the talking Honda bike. That was funny. "Treat your bike like you would treat a man" Lol.

What was up with all the Suzuki hate? I am not a bike lover so I don't know. Is Suzuki really that bad or do these fellows just hate Suzuki that much? Although they kinda made up for it with that logo placement

This had a lot of fun moments. Even though I don't know the slightest thing about motorcycles, this is a keeper.

Nah Suzuki hate is just for comedy. Later certain iconic character will be driving a Suzuki.

IRL Suzuki is quite good. I had a pleasure of owning few of them myself.
Apr 5, 2016 8:16 AM

Aug 2013
alvenzo95 said:

P.S. Oh and if this show is used to promote motorcycle culture in Japan, I fear for the future of motorcycle culture.

Japanese bikers aren't that stupid, I believe..
Apr 5, 2016 8:25 AM

May 2014
RasberryKisses said:
alvenzo95 said:

Well, I said it has nothing as far as IM concerned. Maybe you picked up on something I didn't. I'm not trying to be a hater here just for the sake of it (although I will admit I do sound like one and my hate for this anime is strong :/).

But tell me this, where is the plot going? What can we expect from the future? (without seeing the preview). A good first episode will already start hinting at future plot points, possible conflicts the characters have to face, etc. What does this show have to offer?

As far as I know, I could go into the 2nd ep and know just about as much about the story and characters for the most part as I did at the beginnning of this one (leaving a few small details aside that are not enough to carry the plot forward). So why should I keep watching?

It's obvious you are not a fan of SoL/CGDCT and don't know why people like the genre ether, real quetion is why did you pick it up in the first place? and then complain on the forums. This anime is not hiding anything, it's exactly what it appears. Classical SoL with cute girls and comedy. This type of anime does not need conflicts or shocks , it doesn't need much plot ether. The anime has to offer exactly what it's sets out to offer. Cute Girls Doing Cute Things.

Ummm, dunno what makes you say that...

Clannad, Toradora, Space Brothers, The Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya, Mushishi, Silver Spoon, Sakurasou no Pet na Kanojo, all of these I absolutely love and are all SoL.

CGDCT in particular I don't think I've seen thaat many or that I have that much experience with them , though I've seen parts Hidamari Sketch, Azumanga Daioh and Lucky Star. And, I really like those, I need to go back and properly rewatch/reread those. And for the most part all SoL have elements of CGDCT, so it's not that I don't like it per se, it's just this anime in particular i don't like.

Cuz even if an anime is CGDCT, it should at LEAST have ONE of these things:
1) intersting, somewhat unique characters
2) a unique plot or, at least interesting elements added to a more generic plot that manage to make it interesting
3)good writing and execution

Oh and by good I mean 6/10 in at least one of those categories. This anime has none of these features present.

Oh and I didnt complain about the anime in the forums, I complained about your comment which was clearly addressed towards a joke I made. Then again, if you don't know the difference between a joke and proper critizism, ur not very smart to begin with, are you?
Apr 5, 2016 8:29 AM

May 2014
ernietheracefan said:
alvenzo95 said:

P.S. Oh and if this show is used to promote motorcycle culture in Japan, I fear for the future of motorcycle culture.

Japanese bikers aren't that stupid, I believe..

Obvs I know man hahahahahaha

But wouldnt it be better to have a more serious take on motorbikes and racing, which actually makes you excited to get a motorbike or something? Some mix of like haikyuu (for example) and motorbikes?
Apr 5, 2016 8:41 AM

May 2014
Objurgo said:
alvenzo95 said:

Ok sorry, maybe I did exaggerate a bit, its just I haven't hated an anime this much in a while. It also didn't help that I read the first few manga chapters before, which are about as bad imo. However, I dont have a problem with CGDCT/SoL shows at all. I don't mind the direction this anime is taking in particular either, it's just that for an anime of this genre to be good (imo) it has to have interesting/quirky/unique characters, and the writing quality has to be somehow present to a certain degree.

This show presents you with shit writing (imo) and unoriginal characters we've seen 10000 times before. If K-on's characters are a bit unoriginal (which i dont know, dont spoil :)), i won't mind as much because theyre the ones that started the CGDCT "genre", so its understandable. However, since K-on its been years of the same characters coming out every season in at least one show. And anyways, the first time a certain trope is done, its always 10000 times better than the 60th time. Leaving that aside though, this anime presents you with a character so dumb she explicitly says she has never heard the sound of a motorbike before (facepalm), she doesn't know what a license is (facepalm again), and she doesn't know that you cant travel from japan to america by motorbike (facepalm for the third time). If I was a Japanese teenager wanting to get into bikes, i'd run the hell away if i know somebody so retardedly autistic can drive a motorbike in Japan. And I know this was all done for comedic purposes, but I've seen airheads, dunces, kultzes and autistic characters in anime and the mc here is on a complete other level.

Moreover, you then have the tomboy sports freak (motorbike freak in this case), the silent mysterious girl, and the tsundere, which they gave huge "plots" to use as a further selling point and gets into completely unrealistic accidents.

Once again, do they want to send the message that there are no consequences if your body gets thrown back first at a crazy speed against a metal pole?

If they wanted to sell biking culture to a japanese audience, which is fine, i think they would have done a better job at it by making some sort of realistic racing sports anime (no underground shit lol). Just saying.

K-on does not have that excuse because there have already been many, many shows before it of the same nature. But then again, there really isn't much you can do with the moe slice of life trope. It doesn't really go far. K-on is hardly about music. Tamura Hitose is kind of willy nilly from what I've seen. And Lucky star is just gag humor that doesn't go anywhere. Knowing that this is a moe/sol/com. You should have know from the start what this was going to be like even in the slightest sense. I don't really know why you would pick it up in the first place considering you don't seem to like either of the two things this show is presenting us with.. It isn't going to go anywhere deep and eye opening. There isn't going to be a huge conflict between the characters. That's just what these kinds of shows are. K-on does this exact thing! From painfully stupid MC, to big boobed blonde and an almost complete lack of any real story. These three things are literally copy and pasted between K-on, Lucky star and this show.

This show has literally just started. The characters have only just been introduced to us. I have no Idea how you expect good character development to be presented to us in the span of 20 or so minutes, without a complete info dump. If you've read the manga and didn't like, just drop the show then. It's not that hard lol. I agree that the main girl is an idiot. I don't like her at all either.

I believe someone posted a picture showing that the girls are meant to loosely be based off the Top Gear crew. Which I can't help but agree with considering that the club leader is a carbon copy of the Stig from mutenss to amazing driving ability. And Onsa's strong opinions on certain brands and makes. And that Suzunoki butts heads with her.

I don't really know what that was either. They may have been intending to show us what kind of rider Suzunoki is, or that it's always important to wear armour, it was definitely kind of out there. But I've seen people eat shit in the practice course many many times, one person I was learning with didn't lean enough and went to fast on a corner, he flew out of the training spot, this was only on second gear on a 125 mind you... It's not anything new, but I understand what you mean :P

I can't tell if they could've done a better job or not because the show just started, so there really isn't a point in even arguing that, unless you're so hung up about that you're willing to go through most of the manga. Which it seems to that you are considering you have already done so.. I'm really just in it for the motorcycle trivia and the "OMG THAT'S SO TRUE!" moments in the end, which I felt when they were talking about riding in the rain, or that Ducati's break down a lot, that you have to be an idiot to want to ride in the first place xD

As soon as I saw that this was a thing I knew a lot of people weren't going to be into it. I and hopefully other riders watching this are just in it for the motorcycle fanservice. And from seeing the OVA and this first episode, that just seems like what this show is aiming for

Fair enough. I mean, I can see that to most people it's just going to be a relaxing watch, and I have nothing against that. However, I always want to take something from an anime, even if it's just a few laughs. I'm obvs not a motorbike connoisseur or anything of the sort, so when I started it I thought, if im in it, its for the characters and character interactions, and maybe to get a few laughs. However I find the mc too stupid for a real life character (hell i find her more stupid than luffy (one piece) and thats saying a lot). I didnt expect crazy development or anything, I just expected to not find the mc as frustratingly annoying as I find her... And by crap writing, I mean not story wise necessarily, but more the fact of how they've made the mc so unrealistically stupid, and all the other characters are not too original either... And since I didn't like the mc, I found most of the jokes around her irritating ;(

Anyways, I'll still give K-on a try because I've heard it manages to be different or something (i mean it stands out for a reason, hopefully its not undeserved hype xD), but I'll be more careful from now on :)
Apr 5, 2016 8:42 AM

Dec 2011
alvenzo95 said:
RasberryKisses said:

It's obvious you are not a fan of SoL/CGDCT and don't know why people like the genre ether, real quetion is why did you pick it up in the first place? and then complain on the forums. This anime is not hiding anything, it's exactly what it appears. Classical SoL with cute girls and comedy. This type of anime does not need conflicts or shocks , it doesn't need much plot ether. The anime has to offer exactly what it's sets out to offer. Cute Girls Doing Cute Things.

Clannad, Toradora, Space Brothers, The Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya, Mushishi, Silver Spoon, Sakurasou no Pet na Kanojo, all of these I absolutely love and are all SoL.

CGDCT in particular I don't think I've seen thaat many or that I have that much experience with them , though I've seen parts Hidamari Sketch, Azumanga Daioh and Lucky Star. And, I really like those, I need to go back and properly rewatch/reread those. And for the most part all SoL have elements of CGDCT, so it's not that I don't like it per se, it's just this anime in particular i don't like.

2) a unique plot or, at least interesting elements added to a more generic plot that manage to make it interesting

Oh and by good I mean 6/10 in at least one of those categories. This anime has none of these features present.

Oh and I didnt complain about the anime in the forums, I complained about your comment which was clearly addressed towards a joke I made. Then again, if you don't know the difference between a joke and proper critizism, ur not very smart to begin with, are you?

"This anime has none of these features present. " that's your opinion and that's ok.

But as someone with huge experience with CGDCT, Bakuon!! is very solid CGDCT show(and manga) by the standards of the genre, and again it's was always apparent what the show was all about.

oh and now we hiding behind the joke. nah mate you we trying shoehorn drama in to CGDCT. "That could change things for the better" genres exist of a reason, it's not hard to understand that coming in to CGDCT thread and saying "this can be better with drama" will rise some eyebrows. Especially form people that like this sort of thing.
RaspberryKissesApr 5, 2016 8:45 AM
Apr 5, 2016 8:50 AM

Dec 2012
alvenzo95 said:
Objurgo said:

K-on does not have that excuse because there have already been many, many shows before it of the same nature. But then again, there really isn't much you can do with the moe slice of life trope. It doesn't really go far. K-on is hardly about music. Tamura Hitose is kind of willy nilly from what I've seen. And Lucky star is just gag humor that doesn't go anywhere. Knowing that this is a moe/sol/com. You should have know from the start what this was going to be like even in the slightest sense. I don't really know why you would pick it up in the first place considering you don't seem to like either of the two things this show is presenting us with.. It isn't going to go anywhere deep and eye opening. There isn't going to be a huge conflict between the characters. That's just what these kinds of shows are. K-on does this exact thing! From painfully stupid MC, to big boobed blonde and an almost complete lack of any real story. These three things are literally copy and pasted between K-on, Lucky star and this show.

This show has literally just started. The characters have only just been introduced to us. I have no Idea how you expect good character development to be presented to us in the span of 20 or so minutes, without a complete info dump. If you've read the manga and didn't like, just drop the show then. It's not that hard lol. I agree that the main girl is an idiot. I don't like her at all either.

I believe someone posted a picture showing that the girls are meant to loosely be based off the Top Gear crew. Which I can't help but agree with considering that the club leader is a carbon copy of the Stig from mutenss to amazing driving ability. And Onsa's strong opinions on certain brands and makes. And that Suzunoki butts heads with her.

I don't really know what that was either. They may have been intending to show us what kind of rider Suzunoki is, or that it's always important to wear armour, it was definitely kind of out there. But I've seen people eat shit in the practice course many many times, one person I was learning with didn't lean enough and went to fast on a corner, he flew out of the training spot, this was only on second gear on a 125 mind you... It's not anything new, but I understand what you mean :P

I can't tell if they could've done a better job or not because the show just started, so there really isn't a point in even arguing that, unless you're so hung up about that you're willing to go through most of the manga. Which it seems to that you are considering you have already done so.. I'm really just in it for the motorcycle trivia and the "OMG THAT'S SO TRUE!" moments in the end, which I felt when they were talking about riding in the rain, or that Ducati's break down a lot, that you have to be an idiot to want to ride in the first place xD

As soon as I saw that this was a thing I knew a lot of people weren't going to be into it. I and hopefully other riders watching this are just in it for the motorcycle fanservice. And from seeing the OVA and this first episode, that just seems like what this show is aiming for

Fair enough. I mean, I can see that to most people it's just going to be a relaxing watch, and I have nothing against that. However, I always want to take something from an anime, even if it's just a few laughs. I'm obvs not a motorbike connoisseur or anything of the sort, so when I started it I thought, if im in it, its for the characters and character interactions, and maybe to get a few laughs. However I find the mc too stupid for a real life character (hell i find her more stupid than luffy (one piece) and thats saying a lot). I didnt expect crazy development or anything, I just expected to not find the mc as frustratingly annoying as I find her... And by crap writing, I mean not story wise necessarily, but more the fact of how they've made the mc so unrealistically stupid, and all the other characters are not too original either... And since I didn't like the mc, I found most of the jokes around her irritating ;(

Anyways, I'll still give K-on a try because I've heard it manages to be different or something (i mean it stands out for a reason, hopefully its not undeserved hype xD), but I'll be more careful from now on :)

I feel like you have to somewhat get Motorbikes to some degree to enjoy this, even at the basic level. And I had the feeling that most of your distaste for the show is based off of Hane. Who isn't the MC I think. Onsa is the MC from what I've sort of gathered. Could be wrong, doesn't really matter because Hane still gets a lot of screen time xD Maybe she will get better, I don't know :P

If you're really wanting to watch a music sol I'd suggest you to watch Hibike Euphonium instead. It does the same things better and provides more. With an actual story, the characters have a goal. There's confrontations, the animation is better and it's more focused on the music. It's even made by the same studio lol
Apr 5, 2016 8:52 AM

Jan 2015
This 1st episode was not that awesome that I expected....but my love for motorbikes/automobiles says that I need to give this episode 7/10 as minimum.....doesn't anyone love motorcycles?
Apr 5, 2016 8:53 AM

May 2014
RasberryKisses said:
alvenzo95 said:

"This anime has none of these features present. " that's your opinion and that's ok.

But as someone with huge experience with CGDCT Bakuon!! is very solid CGDCT show(and manga) by the standards of the genre, and again it's was always apparent what the show was all about.

oh and now we hiding behind the joke. nah mate you we trying shoehorn drama in to CGDCT. "That could change things for the better" genres exist of a reason, it's not hard to understand that coming in to CGDCT as saying "this can be better with drama" will rise some eyebrows. Especially form people that like this sort of thing.

OK, despite finding it hard to understand the last comment, all im gonna say is this:

I might not have as much experience with CGDCT as you do, and you might be right to a certain extent, this might be a better CGDCT than I have given it credit for (i'm not necessarily always right when it comes to things), it was only my opinion and my thoughts. Also, just to make it clear, I don't hate CGDCT (as far as I know yet xD). I just hate the mc, which is stupid beyond reason and i find the humour in this particular anime (mostly coming from what the mc says or does) irritating. That doesnt mean I find CGDCT humour irritating, just in this case

However, what I was saying from the start is that if I consider a show a 1/10 (lets say this is the minimum score), however much you change things around, even if you introduce elements that are not meant to be in the story originally, its not gonna make the show worse than a 1/10 for me for sure. Will it make it better? probably not, but if you continue down the same path, its gonna definitely stay a 1/10, so why not and change things up?
AlvenzoApr 5, 2016 8:58 AM
Apr 5, 2016 8:55 AM

Sep 2014
Looks interesting, reminds me of Rolling girls.
Motorcycles, cute girls, nothing really good this season - im in.
"This emotion is mine alone.
It is for Madoka alone." - Homura
or how I would descripe Mahou Shoujo Madoka Magica.
Apr 5, 2016 9:02 AM

Dec 2011
alvenzo95 said:
RasberryKisses said:

But as someone with huge experience with CGDCT Bakuon!! is very solid CGDCT show(and manga) by the standards of the genre, and again it's was always apparent what the show was all about.

oh and now we hiding behind the joke. nah mate you we trying shoehorn drama in to CGDCT. "That could change things for the better" genres exist of a reason, it's not hard to understand that coming in to CGDCT as saying "this can be better with drama" will rise some eyebrows. Especially form people that like this sort of thing.

OK, despite finding it hard to understand the last comment, all im gonna say is this:

I might not have as much experience with CGDCT as you do, and you might be right to a certain extent, this might be a better CGDCT than I have given it credit for (i'm not necessarily always right when it comes to things), it was only my opinion and my thoughts.

However, what I was saying from the start is that if I consider a show a 1/10 (lets say this is the minimum score), however much you change things around, even if you introduce elements that are not meant to be in the story originally, its not gonna make the show worse than a 1/10 for me for sure. Will it make it better? probably not, but if you continue down the same path, its gonna definitely stay a 1/10, so why not and change things up?

Because some things are not meant to be changed in some ways. It's 1/10 for you, for others it might be different, now i know anime just can't be judged completely objectively BUT one should always have the conventions of a genre in mind when offering criticism or thought on improvement.

I'm not a fan of violent anime and don't have much experience with them, and when for whatever reason i pick up a violent anime (like OPM) even if i'm not enjoying it, i'm not going to go on forum saying this anime will be better if there was less blood and collateral damage. That's just doesn't make any sense.
RaspberryKissesApr 5, 2016 9:05 AM
Apr 5, 2016 9:03 AM

Aug 2013
alvenzo95 said:

But wouldnt it be better to have a more serious take on motorbikes and racing, which actually makes you excited to get a motorbike or something? Some mix of like haikyuu (for example) and motorbikes?

Yeah, I know what you mean..

So your problem with this is just "what could be a serious injury" as the black comedy, right..?
Apr 5, 2016 9:04 AM

Jun 2014
This was actually really fun.
:3
Apr 5, 2016 9:04 AM

May 2014
Objurgo said:
alvenzo95 said:

I feel like you have to somewhat get Motorbikes to some degree to enjoy this, even at the basic level. And I had the feeling that most of your distaste for the show is based off of Hane. Who isn't the MC I think. Onsa is the MC from what I've sort of gathered. Could be wrong, doesn't really matter because Hane still gets a lot of screen time xD Maybe she will get better, I don't know :P

If you're really wanting to watch a music sol I'd suggest you to watch Hibike Euphonium instead. It does the same things better and provides more. With an actual story, the characters have a goal. There's confrontations, the animation is better and it's more focused on the music. It's even made by the same studio lol

Dunno, I think Hane is meant to be mc, cuz she's up front in the cover, but i dont really care myself anyways ahahha. Also, most of my distaste DOES come from hane but she IS at least one of the mcs, and will get a lot of screentime, so its important that I like her if I were to continue with this (which i wont obvs)

Also, Hibike is in my plan to watch, I missed it when it came out (last year i think), but i will eventually get to it (my plan to watch list is massive xD). But thanx for the recommedation anyways :)
Apr 5, 2016 9:07 AM

May 2014
ernietheracefan said:
alvenzo95 said:

Yeah, I know what you mean..

So your problem with this is just "what could be a serious injury" as the black comedy, right..?

Nah, my problem really is that I hate HAne's character with a burning passion. I'm not gonna go into detail rn with thee reasons, lets just say I find her unrealistically stupid (for anime standards, not real life standards) and a lot of the humour around her I find irritating (mainly cuz her stupidity really pisses me off)

Thats it really. If i found the anime had something else that drove me to watch it, I would, but cant find anything :(
Apr 5, 2016 9:17 AM

May 2014
RasberryKisses said:
alvenzo95 said:

I might not have as much experience with CGDCT as you do, and you might be right to a certain extent, this might be a better CGDCT than I have given it credit for (i'm not necessarily always right when it comes to things), it was only my opinion and my thoughts.

Because some things are not meant to be changed in some ways. It's 1/10 for you, for others it might be different, now i know anime just can't be judged completely objectively BUT one should always have the conventions of a genre in mind when offering criticism or thought on improvement.

I'm not a fan of violent anime and don't have much experience with them, and when for whatever reason i pick up a violent anime (like OPM) even if i'm not enjoying it, i'm not going to go on forum saying this anime will be better if there was less blood and collateral damage. That's just doesn't make any sense.

Im not saying this anime is 1/10, relax (although I wont personally continue with it). And that was not meant to be thoughts on improvements at all hahaha, i was just joking (cuz i hate the mc A LOT), but you do have to admit that sometimes it takes a 180 turn (or at least a unique twist) to make a show better. Does this always work? of course not. In fact nowadays, plot twists are almost overused in some cases. But sticking to the conventions established by a certain genre or group of genres can sometimes limit greatly the possibilities of a series. Think about it, if people were afraid to mix genres when creating anything (tv, books, etc) there would be even less originality and more cliches
Apr 5, 2016 9:28 AM

Dec 2011
alvenzo95 said:
RasberryKisses said:

Im not saying this anime is 1/10, relax (although I wont personally continue with it). And that was not meant to be thoughts on improvements at all hahaha, i was just joking (cuz i hate the mc A LOT), but you do have to admit that sometimes it takes a 180 turn (or at least a unique twist) to make a show better. Does this always work? of course not. In fact nowadays, plot twists are almost overused in some cases. But sticking to the conventions established by a certain genre or group of genres can sometimes limit greatly the possibilities of a series. Think about it, if people were afraid to mix genres when creating anything (tv, books, etc) there would be even less originality and more cliches

but not really CGDCT, because this genre thrives on delivering what is expected of it. It's like popcorn, you now exactly how it tastes and what the texture is. And people expect it to deliver just that ever.single.time. And you'll be surprised but not everyone seeking originality from their entertainment. I'm personally just fine with watching familiar/consistent stuff that doesn't really offer much in the way of excitement or originality.
RaspberryKissesApr 5, 2016 9:34 AM
Apr 5, 2016 9:48 AM

May 2014
RasberryKisses said:
alvenzo95 said:

but not really CGDCT, because this genre thrives on delivering what is expected of it. It's like popcorn, you now exactly now it tastes and what the texture is. And people expect it to deliver just that ever.single.time. And you'll be surprised but not everyone seeking originality from their entertainment. I'm personally just fine with watching familiar/consistent stuff that doesn't really offer much in the way of excitement or originality.

Once again, that comment wasnt specific to CGDCT, but for all genres and types of entertainment. But fair enough. Personally, I don't have a problem with unoriginal stuff as long as a) its well executed b) it doesnt have too many tropes or the tropes are not all in ur face. However, if I was to watch stuff by simply disregarding these 2 points, I would be watching too much stuff to handle (i really luv anime and manga xD), hence y I need some sort of personal standards...

Dont get me wrong, I do watch my fair share of cliche stuff and all, but I always try to get at least a good deal of enjoyment value out of it (which is often influenced by how repetitive or unique the show is, or what it does differently from similar shows). However I do understand people just going with simple stuff they know they will enjoy and not putting that much thought into what they watch, its totally fine :)
Apr 5, 2016 10:06 AM

Dec 2011
alvenzo95 said:
RasberryKisses said:

but not really CGDCT, because this genre thrives on delivering what is expected of it. It's like popcorn, you now exactly now it tastes and what the texture is. And people expect it to deliver just that ever.single.time. And you'll be surprised but not everyone seeking originality from their entertainment. I'm personally just fine with watching familiar/consistent stuff that doesn't really offer much in the way of excitement or originality.

Once again, that comment wasnt specific to CGDCT, but for all genres and types of entertainment. But fair enough. Personally, I don't have a problem with unoriginal stuff as long as a) its well executed b) it doesnt have too many tropes or the tropes are not all in ur face. However, if I was to watch stuff by simply disregarding these 2 points, I would be watching too much stuff to handle (i really luv anime and manga xD), hence y I need some sort of personal standards...

Dont get me wrong, I do watch my fair share of cliche stuff and all, but I always try to get at least a good deal of enjoyment value out of it (which is often influenced by how repetitive or unique the show is, or what it does differently from similar shows). However I do understand people just going with simple stuff they know they will enjoy and not putting that much thought into what they watch, its totally fine :)

Well then i can say that CGDCT is not genre for you, honestly. Yes some stuff like k-on has near perfect execution but i'm afraid that what you seek from characters and what this genre can provide doesn't really align.
Apr 5, 2016 10:18 AM

Nov 2014
Lil-Bird said:
I like Onsa's hairstyle--that's about it. What the fuck was that about "Baita"?

How did this show get greenlit? Someone better get into a (real) motorcycle accident or this show's never going to be rated above a "5" because this show's totally lost on me.

Baita is a whore :P
She's literally the village bicycle, or in this case, training school bike. Everyone's had a ride. She knows her stuff ;)
How to fix the review section, detailed here

The average reader (HS level) reads at about 200 WPM. So a 500-800 word review should take 3-5 minutes to read. That's an acceptable length for something you're interested in spending 25 minutes to 4.5 hours of your life watching.

Oh, and ANN requires any and all reviews to be 800-1200 words, no matter the length of the show.
Apr 5, 2016 10:28 AM

Mar 2014
I really like the MC. Honoka is stupid, hopefully she isn't as annoying. Seems decent.
Apr 5, 2016 10:28 AM

Sep 2013
Better than the ova, quality is nice and characters are cute :)
Onsa facial expressions too stronk :)

Yowamushi Pedal BTFO!!! LMFAO XD XD
SAVAGE

ichii_1Apr 5, 2016 10:33 AM
Apr 5, 2016 10:37 AM

May 2014
RasberryKisses said:
alvenzo95 said:

Well then i can say that CGDCT is not genre for you, honestly. Yes some stuff like k-on has near perfect execution but i'm afraid that what you seek from characters and what this genre can provide doesn't really align.

Dunno. The thing is a few years ago, I used to always disregard genres I wasn't too used to cuz I thought they were not for me (such as romance, sol, music, shoujo, josei etc.). However since then ive really changed, i guess my tastes have expanded and matured a lot with time (thank god xD), and I currently apply myself the basic rule of trying essentially anything regardless of genre (except yaoi or anime that i just know 100% for a fact are shitty). I've gone through pretty much every genre finding at least a handful of things I like so I automatically assumed if I didnt like Bakuon!, it wasn't so much a problem with the genre and more a problem with the show.

I still don't have enough experience to say for sure whether i like or hate CGDCT, but listening to Hane in ep1 almost gave me a headache (if u cant stand the mc its a clear sign the anime is just not for u :P). Granted I didn't find the other characters super original, but they werent bad. So I guess I'll have to "proceed with caution" XD, just to see whether I don't like CGDCT as a whole or just Bakuon!
Apr 5, 2016 11:32 AM

Sep 2012
I like Bakuon. But this episode feeled to rushed compared to the manga, the whole feel was left out... 6/10 for me.
Trying to watch all available anime series so you won't have to anymore, the list of anime I can recommend is still in progress, tho
Apr 5, 2016 12:10 PM

Mar 2011
Good first episode. Such a funny anime ^_^
Apr 5, 2016 12:17 PM

Oct 2015
I found very funny and friendly. I do not expect great things from her but will look funny.
The bike was too bitch nothing more; too sexual content.

"Superman" to see the logo of Susuki or parent comments in america made me laugh, just as astonishing looks like Lime-senpai.

I think I'll entertain a lot with this series; all the characters seemed nice.

PS: who lives alone with her younger sister who looks more mature than her, Sakura reminded me Yui and Ui by K-on xD.
I am Argentine, so is not very good my English, sorry for the many typing errors.

Apr 5, 2016 12:46 PM

Nov 2014
masa95 said:
You guys have no idea the irony of my bike being inoperable for a while just a week before an anime about bikes that I've been looking forward to for a year premiers. Sad sad. But I loved the episode. I'm excited for the rest of the series.

You don't know the half of it, shaggy.

Honestly if it weren't for Shaggy's knowledge and coming from a biker family, this should be Hane saying it with the caveat "except for me, cause Hondas don't break".

>source: Is a Honda man.

The average reader (HS level) reads at about 200 WPM. So a 500-800 word review should take 3-5 minutes to read. That's an acceptable length for something you're interested in spending 25 minutes to 4.5 hours of your life watching.

Oh, and ANN requires any and all reviews to be 800-1200 words, no matter the length of the show.
Apr 5, 2016 12:48 PM

Nov 2014
Objurgo said:
bastek66 said:
I'm surprised no one posted this

May isn't that dumb.. xD

Onsa is easily the Jezza of the group, but Hane can't possibly be Captain Slow, agreed.
Rin the fangirl fits with The American though.
lawlmartzApr 5, 2016 12:57 PM

Apr 5, 2016 1:52 PM

Apr 2013
Enjoyed the first episode
Apr 5, 2016 2:28 PM

Jul 2014
Yeah, this was boring af.
Apr 5, 2016 3:05 PM

Sep 2011
alvenzo95 said:

Actually NONE of those are SoL and not one is even remotely CGDCT! Probably the closest of those to SoL is Silver Spoon but that is more of a Coming of age Drama/RomCom than a SoL. Toradora and Sakurasou no Pet na Kanojo are romcoms, Clannad is emo drama romance, Haruhi is a comedy and Mushishi is something else entirely!

Put simply you're watching the wrong show. This is a pure SoL/CGDCT and doesn't need to be anything else.
Apr 5, 2016 3:55 PM

Jul 2012
Really enjoyable first episode. If they can keep the comedy up then I'll really enjoy this one.
Apr 5, 2016 4:03 PM

May 2014
scruffykiwi said:
alvenzo95 said:

Actually NONE of those are SoL and not one is even remotely CGDCT! Probably the closest of those to SoL is Silver Spoon but that is more of a Coming of age Drama/RomCom than a SoL. Toradora and Sakurasou no Pet na Kanojo are romcoms, Clannad is emo drama romance, Haruhi is a comedy and Mushishi is something else entirely!

Put simply you're watching the wrong show. This is a pure SoL/CGDCT and doesn't need to be anything else.

I know none of these are CGDCT (never said they were), but they are all SoL. Purely SoL, maybe not. But they are all listed as SoL on MAL and have strong SoL elements (except Mushishi tbh, mushishi is something else entirely, i dont think i can classify it in any genre really if i think about it, its just relaxing as fuck)

And yeah, I already had this discussion with someone and, while i have close to no experience with CGDCT, its not that necessarily that puts me off, its the MC Hane (which irritates the fuck outta me personally).

Also, CGDCT is not the same as SoL (cuz u seem to be comparing them a lot, might be jumping to conclusions tho). A lot of SoL are CGDCT, but SoL can have different elements to them such as comedy, romance, drama, etc. Kinda like an action series can have romance, comedy, etc.
AlvenzoApr 5, 2016 4:11 PM
Apr 5, 2016 4:07 PM

Jul 2015
I liked cute girls ride tanks but i don't feel this cute girls ride motorcycles anime, the bike sex jokes where funny, but overall it was pretty boring, hope it get better !
Apr 5, 2016 4:31 PM

Oct 2013
The first episode was okay. I'll keep watching, but mainly for Naobu's character Rin.
Apr 5, 2016 4:42 PM

Sep 2011
alvenzo95 said:

I know none of these are CGDCT (never said they were), but they are all SoL. Purely SoL, maybe not. But they are all listed as SoL on MAL and have strong SoL elements (except Mushishi tbh, mushishi is something else entirely, i dont think i can classify it in any genre really if i think about it, its just relaxing as fuck)

If they are classified as SoL on MAL then they are classified wrong. As example Toradora and Sakurasou no Pet na Kanojo are pure Romantic Comedies. Wikipedia (not always the best but it's there) defines SoL as "use of mundane realism depicting everyday experiences". If you are going to call those 2 shows SoL then ANYTHING depicting a character doing something everyday is a SoL!!!

SoL shows depict a character living their everyday life. They don't have a driving plot and are simply following someones life and how they cope with everyday experiences. They are character driven, not plot driven. Aria is often considered the king of SoL shows.
Apr 5, 2016 5:14 PM

Apr 2011
lol funny episode.

Very misleading score. What is wrong with you people ?
Apr 5, 2016 5:29 PM

Dec 2013
Interesting start to the show. Sakura is such a ditz, and I love the rivalry going on between Onsa and Rin already. As someone who knows next to nothing about motorbikes, I'm hoping this helps to expand my knowledge on this area of expertise.
HESTIAAPPROVES
Apr 5, 2016 8:07 PM

May 2015
So this is the Dagashi Kashi of this season? Instead of getting info about candies, we get info about motorcycles.
Alright first episode.... I’ll give this series a go for the time being.

We ultimately fear what spawns from within us ~Shinsekai yori
Music is freedom. ~Shigatsu wa Kimi no Uso
Apr 5, 2016 9:17 PM

Nov 2014
Ferax said:
Cute girls on motorcycles!
This is new anime hit.

Apr 5, 2016 9:27 PM
Oct 2007
That slutty training school bike. Everyone gets a rdie lol, what a slut
Apr 6, 2016 2:08 AM

May 2012
I like how Bakuon! is not completely set in an idealized bubble world where the pitfalls and the perils of motor biking are not acknowledged.

Actually, the manga got pretty dark very early on, and you'll see it soon enough (next ep.) for all you smartasses...

And Bakuon! doesn't really need to do this because it's set to promote biking as nothing but lighthearted enjoyment, but interestingly, it does acknowledge the perils of biking.
Apr 6, 2016 3:39 AM

Dec 2012
Faiyez said:
I like how Bakuon! is not completely set in an idealized bubble world where the pitfalls and the perils of motor biking are not acknowledged.

Actually, the manga got pretty dark very early on, and you'll see it soon enough (next ep.) for all you smartasses...

And Bakuon! doesn't really need to do this because it's set to promote biking as nothing but lighthearted enjoyment, but interestingly, it does acknowledge the perils of biking.

Apr 6, 2016 6:10 AM

Dec 2015
Liked the episode, really fun to watch.

Especially liked the voices, especially Hana's and Rin's.
Apr 6, 2016 7:43 AM
Nov 2014
Am I the only one that found Hana revving her bicycle and her reactions to watching the mc rev her bike racing that biker hilarious.. the sounds she makes are to funny
Apr 6, 2016 8:12 AM

Oct 2014
This seems to have become fairly controversial. Is this like "that dress" where we're all seeing a slightly different anime? I personally loved it. The bike was a great character.
Apr 6, 2016 9:00 AM

Apr 2015
LMAO on Top Gear, but Hane is no May.

Not bad, I may pull through this
Apr 6, 2016 9:06 AM
Aug 2014
let see what we got here; the usual clueless yet enthusiast moe lead, a girl mold after Karamastus and Ichimatsu, Tsundere 101 with boobies, and finally the stig's anime niece.
Apr 6, 2016 11:00 AM

Jun 2013
that was actually nice and funny
Apr 6, 2016 1:15 PM

Jun 2015
My my, what a dirty bike you are, driving school Honda.
I found this quite enjoyable, even though I know nothing about motorbikes.
Onsa is cool.
Is that just me or did Hane get hooked because of the bikes vibrations?
Pages (5) « 1 2 [3] 4 5 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Bakuon!! Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Jun 20, 2016

87 by Archean-Return »»
Aug 7, 2023 6:49 PM

Poll: » Bakuon!! Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Jun 13, 2016

57 by Archean-Return »»
Aug 7, 2023 6:05 PM

Poll: » Bakuon!! Episode 10 Discussion

Stark700 - Jun 6, 2016

45 by Archean-Return »»
Aug 7, 2023 5:36 PM

Poll: » Bakuon!! Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - May 30, 2016

63 by Archean-Return »»
Aug 7, 2023 5:03 PM

Poll: » Bakuon!! Episode 8 Discussion

Stark700 - May 23, 2016

49 by Archean-Return »»
Aug 7, 2023 1:58 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.