Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
Pages (5) « 1 2 [3] 4 5 »
Jun 22, 2015 1:18 PM

Nov 2010
ChickenFry said:
Actually in the anime, Illya dies after Berserker was killed.

She was just holing a rock (which she think is Berserker's leg) when she says: "It's cold, isn't it?".

So you are just a little salty?

Please, try harder. Berserker gets trapped and Gil pierces him with spear, after which Berserker falls unconscious (or dead, if you really want) while still hanging, fully materialized. Illya then gets to him and yes, she does touch him and not the rock.
astroprogs said:
If HF ended up being a single movie, what would it need to do so it can get a high score from all of you?

Not air.
Jun 22, 2015 1:19 PM

Jan 2014
Aurioch said:
ChickenFry said:
Actually in the anime, Illya dies after Berserker was killed.

She was just holing a rock (which she think is Berserker's leg) when she says: "It's cold, isn't it?".

So you are just a little salty?

Please, try harder. Berserker gets trapped and Gil pierces him with spear, after which Berserker falls unconscious (or dead, if you really want) while still hanging, fully materialized. Illya then gets to him and yes, she does touch him and not the rock.

You should watch the episode again. Cuz you are correct, but you are not right.

You should try harder, not me.
Jun 22, 2015 2:56 PM

Nov 2013
Chicken what are you even trying to say @_@

I hope you're not quoting Shakespeare again next.
Jun 22, 2015 3:00 PM

Jan 2014
Botato said:
Chicken what are you even trying to say @_@

I hope you're not quoting Shakespeare again next.

I mean he is correct that:

Aurioch said:
Berserker gets trapped and Gil pierces him with spear, after which Berserker falls unconscious (or dead, if you really want) while still hanging, fully materialized. Illya then gets to him and yes, she does touch him and not the rock.

But he is not right about:

Anime sequence
- Berserker gets trapped
- Gil slashes Illya's eyes
- Gil pierces Illya
- "It's cold, Berserker"
- Illya dies
- Berserker revives/wakes up (however you want to see it) and breaks Enkidu
- surprised Gilgamesh hastily kills Berserker

It's like he missed all the scenes after that.

But yeah, maybe I shouldn't use this. XD
Jun 22, 2015 4:57 PM
Jun 2015
Question to FSN fans: Is Heaven's feel better than UBW?
I have heard some interesting things about it and it seems to be exactly what I wanted already in UBW

Maou293Jun 22, 2015 5:01 PM
Jun 22, 2015 4:58 PM

Aug 2014
Depends on who you ask, but UBW is a little more popular, and I'd say it's better.
Jun 22, 2015 4:59 PM

May 2012
8animet said:
I have heard some interesting things about it and it seems to be exactly what I wanted already in UBW

Resolution wise I say Heaven's Feel is better, especially in terms of Ilya, Sakura, Kirie, and the grail itself.
UBW is my favorite though but only slightly.
Jun 22, 2015 4:59 PM

Jan 2014
It was flashier than DEEN at least. Each had silly twists, but I can't make a more in depth comparison because I have no desire to rewatch either.
"Let Justice Be Done!"

My Theme
Fight again, fight again for justice!
Jun 22, 2015 5:08 PM
Jun 2015
RedRoseFring said:
It was flashier than DEEN at least. Each had silly twists, but I can't make a more in depth comparison because I have no desire to rewatch either.

Haven't watched Deen (clearly I'm not missing out) but UBW really was medicore
Here's hoping HF is better
Jun 22, 2015 5:18 PM

Sep 2014
8animet said:
RedRoseFring said:

really depends on what your looking for dude. there is a reason why some people prefer Fate over HF and UBW and UBW over Fate/ and HF and others who prefer HF over Fate and UBW. really you can't have one without the other 2 because it's all 1 story but people have their favorite sections of Fate/stay night.
Jun 22, 2015 5:20 PM

Mar 2015
8animet said:

It has higher heights than UBW, but much lower lows. Very inconsistent, but if Ufotable polish it up, clean up the pacing etc it could be great.
Jun 22, 2015 5:21 PM

Mar 2013
8animet said:

It does have all those things, more or less. It does resolve the grail matter better, but one could argue that the ending as a whole isn't as good.

I like HF best because it's basically just an entire route of Kirei trolling absolutely everybody. And it has better fights. But it's tonally different enough that which you like more is going to be a matter of preference more than a matter of quality; in that regard it's pretty close to UBW.

Of course that's based on the VN; who knows if that'll apply to the anime.
Jun 22, 2015 5:31 PM

Sep 2014
fst said:
8animet said:

It does have all those things, more or less. It does resolve the grail matter better, but one could argue that the ending as a whole isn't as good.

I like HF best because it's basically just an entire route of Kirei trolling absolutely everybody. And it has better fights. But it's tonally different enough that which you like more is going to be a matter of preference more than a matter of quality; in that regard it's pretty close to UBW.

shit in terms of anime you may as well consider F/Z UBW and HF to be the single fate Experience.
Jun 22, 2015 5:59 PM

Oct 2014
depending on who you ask about HF, you may get answers like:

-"HF is equal to UBW, but presented more dark"
-"HF is edgy garbage"
-"HF is even more edgy than F/Z"
-"HF is even darker than F/Z"
-"HF is darker than UBW"
-"HF is 'more serious' than UBW"
-"HF is the one true sequel F/Z fans have been waiting for"
-"HF is best, i.e. better than both UBW and F/Z"
-etc.

In terms of popularity, AFAIK UBW and HF have been equal, since people liked different things about those routes. Fate route was always considered "below" the other two routes in terms of popularity, which tells a lot considering Saber is generally still considered the most popular heroine by far.
Jun 22, 2015 6:03 PM

May 2015
8animet said:
RedRoseFring said:

DEEN has better fight transitions funnily enough. I rewatched the end of the movie and going from Shirou vs Gilgamesh beginning to Saber vs Assassin then back to Shirou vs Gilgamesh transitioned much more seemlessly than in UFO.

TBH I would watch the movie just to experience it now that you understand the story, the fights are still nice to look at and it has awesome music.

Oh and if you like Shinji he's even more ridiculous in the movie than in UFO haha.
Jun 22, 2015 6:07 PM

May 2015
SaintEmiya said:

Oh and if you like Shinji he's even more ridiculous in the movie than in UFO haha.

The thing is, ufo Shinji is way more likable than DEEN's. He's so over the top in the somewhat realistic show it's not even funny anymore.
Jun 22, 2015 6:07 PM

Oct 2014
DEEN movie fight inside UBW summary:

Gil: "Fu** it, I don't need my Gate of Babylon for this Faker! I will show him my mad dual wielding skillz!"
Jun 22, 2015 6:13 PM
Jun 2015
fst said:
8animet said:

Kirei trolling everybody sounds great, he was one of my favourite characters in F/Z and I didn't like he got shafted in UBW (especially how he went out was just lame)

By tonally different you mean its darker right? That also sounds good to me as I felt that UBW was often too lighthearted
Jun 22, 2015 6:15 PM
Jun 2015
SaintEmiya said:
8animet said:

DEEN has better fight transitions funnily enough. I rewatched the end of the movie and going from Shirou vs Gilgamesh beginning to Saber vs Assassin then back to Shirou vs Gilgamesh transitioned much more seemlessly than in UFO.

TBH I would watch the movie just to experience it now that you understand the story, the fights are still nice to look at and it has awesome music.

Just the movie or should I also watch the the anime (which gets a lot of hate)
Jun 22, 2015 6:17 PM

May 2015
ProphecyPriest said:
SaintEmiya said:

The thing is, ufo Shinji is way more likable than DEEN's. He's so over the top in the somewhat realistic show it's not even funny anymore.

Oh come on, lemme find that swag shinji walk.

https://youtu.be/WShUzai50ts?t=6m58s

Edit: I forgot how to embed videos :(
Jun 22, 2015 6:18 PM

May 2015
8animet said:
SaintEmiya said:

Well you probably aren't going to like the DEEN series unless you're a huge saber fan, but I doubt it's going to get animated again soeh, either the series or the VN :P. The movie on the other hand is basically all the fights animated without any plot. It doesn't take a long time to watch and it looks prettyish.
Jun 22, 2015 6:19 PM

May 2015
8animet said:
SaintEmiya said:

Contrary to popular opinion, DEEN TV F/sn is actually pretty decently watchable.

Things that shied people away from it is only the characterization of Shirou (which also poses a bit of problem in UBW TV, but gets even more hate here) and the godforsaken animation. Also if you read the VN before, the storyline wouldn't make sense.
Jun 22, 2015 6:21 PM

Mar 2013
8animet said:
fst said:

Kirei trolling everybody sounds great, he was one of my favourite characters in F/Z and I didn't like he got shafted in UBW (especially how he went out was just lame)

By tonally different you mean its darker right? That also sounds good to me as I felt that UBW was often too lighthearted

it is darker but that's not really what I mean. It still has about as many SoL scenes as UBW. It's just a different story, that's the best way I can put it.
Jun 22, 2015 6:23 PM

Aug 2010
SaintEmiya said:

I was thankful for them omitting the lick, then i remembered that they more than made up for it be the excessive touching.

Shinji Matou. His creepiness level is so high it can even get through a PG-13 rating on daytime Japanese television.
Jun 22, 2015 6:28 PM

May 2015
astroprogs said:
SaintEmiya said:

I was thankful for them omitting the lick, then i remembered that they more than made up for it be the excessive touching.

Shinji Matou. His creepiness level is so high it can even get through a PG-13 rating on daytime Japanese television.

Aha, Shinji is just too ridiculous for censorship to handle xD
Jun 22, 2015 6:31 PM

May 2015
I really hope he

Yeah.
Jun 22, 2015 7:05 PM

Jan 2014
Just addendum to HF vs UBW.

For the first half of HF, it is talky with much exposition on Sakura's past and Ilya's motivation. There are also lots of cooking scenes and horny Shirou's pandering.

It gets interesting on the third act as the true nature of grail was revealed. Shit hits the pan when

It became more interesting than UBW as it gets darker. The final scene of Shirou's destroying the grail and his fight with Kirei is almost cathartic and imho, the best scene in the series.
F0XFIRE said:
OP 4 most butthurt bitch on MAL.

Jun 22, 2015 7:08 PM

May 2014
I think route vs route vs route really comes straight down to personal preference. Simply because the act itself is unnecessary considering they're all companion pieces.
Jun 22, 2015 7:19 PM

May 2015
WrongPriest said:
I think route vs route vs route really comes straight down to personal preference. Simply because the act itself is unnecessary considering they're all companion pieces.

Stop being sensible!
Jun 22, 2015 7:32 PM
Jul 2011
Without the UFO visuals I probably wouldn't have made to the end. Since I find Kirei one of the more interesting things about the Fate universe I will be more hyped for HF adapation and consider Fate/Zero still the superior anime adapation until proven otherwise (which was a better overall watch besides Kirei reasons).
Jun 23, 2015 11:13 AM

May 2015
As the story wise,ubw was pretty boring for me.Gilgamesh not being able to use his full power and Saber basically did nothing in 2nd season.It was pretty disappointing for Kirei kotomie,seeing all his techniques and wisdom in fate zero and being killed easily by lancer in ubw.Archer and shirou's fight was really boring.Overall,in my opinion,this show wasn't really great as much as i have expected considering all the budgets they've spent on it.
Jun 23, 2015 11:51 AM

May 2012
clintonmadara said:
As the story wise,ubw was pretty boring for me.Gilgamesh not being able to use his full power and Saber basically did nothing in 2nd season.It was pretty disappointing for Kirei kotomie,seeing all his techniques and wisdom in fate zero and being killed easily by lancer in ubw.Archer and shirou's fight was really boring.Overall,in my opinion,this show wasn't really great as much as i have expected considering all the budgets they've spent on it.
UBW is only one-third of the story, and each route has different characters showing to their fullest due to the situation and opportunity-dependant nature. So UBW has Kirei and Saber taking the back seat as supporting casts (Sakura too of course), while Archer pretty much takes the spotlight. Lancer likewise here, taking more spotlight, Caster as well though here they didn't show it too well. Kirei and Saber has more moments in Fate and Heaven's Feel route. As for Gil, it depends how he behaves per route.

Jun 23, 2015 12:54 PM

Jan 2014
There is one sure thing FZ does miles better than FSN VN: Gil.
Jun 23, 2015 1:10 PM

Sep 2014
ChickenFry said:
There is one sure thing FZ does miles better than FSN VN: Gil.
well it is kind of apart of what is left for F/Z to do.....you never really get a "gil route". people are just too hung up on their bullshit especialy F/Z fans looking at how the characters are "different" when they should be looking at why the characters may seem different. there are some inconsistencies here and there but for the msot part the characters are in tact.
Jun 23, 2015 1:18 PM

Jan 2014
You could say so. But FSN never gave Gil a proper characterization aside from an arrogant dumbass, considering how much screentime he got.

That's why I said FZ does Gil better.
Jun 23, 2015 1:18 PM

Aug 2014
Not really, 90% of Gil's character in Zero is "lololol lmao ur shit haha seiba~ deflowered virgin eksdee im so funny mongrel dont touch my swords" "hey kirei you should kill people because I find it amusing". He does have the bit with respecting Rider which is actually well done, but that's a small portion of what we see.

I mean most of his character motivation comes from pushing Kirei to being....Kirei whereas in FSN he at least has an actual goal he wants to accomplish. Gil wasn't really good anywhere outside CCC or SF.
InsertanamehereJun 23, 2015 2:11 PM
Jun 23, 2015 1:19 PM

May 2015
Surely F/Z did it wrong considering F/SN Gil is the original Gil? You can prefer Gil in F/Z but if it's very different to his original character then it's not really gilgamesh.

/not understanding that Gil has more anger in him from spending so many years in the modern world.
Jun 23, 2015 1:20 PM

Jan 2014
Insertanamehere said:
Not really, 90% of Gil's character in Zero is "lololol lmao ur shit haha seiba~ deflowered virgin eksdee im so funny mongrel dont touch my swords" "hey kirei you should kill people because I find it amusing".

You said like a FZ anti-fan...
Jun 23, 2015 1:23 PM

Aug 2014
SaintEmiya said:

/not understanding that Gil has more anger in him from spending so many years in the modern world.

Well he's essentially still the same character and the 10 years thing was there* but when you get down to it most of the portrayal of him as honorouble was just the same as Riders, empty. Urobutcher trying to make a despot look like a reasonable ruler so he can have more seibadespair was uh, yeah, I'm not sure of the word. Even moreso in the anime where they cut out his flashback with Enkidu (well in any case I preferred the CCC one but that would've given his character a some more depth, at least).

*The whole anger from spending years in the modern world is only really part of it, since he did spend a considerable amount of those years as a child after taking a youth potion.
InsertanamehereJun 23, 2015 2:10 PM
Jun 23, 2015 1:25 PM

May 2015
Insertanamehere said:
SaintEmiya said:

Well he's essentially still the same character and the 10 years thing was there* but when you get down to it most of the portrayal of him as honorouble was just the same as Riders, empty. Urobutcher trying to make a despot look like a reasonable ruler so he can have more seibadespair was uh, yeah, I'm not sure of the word. Even moreso in the anime where they cut out his flashback with Enkidu (well in any case I preferred the CCC one but that would've given his character a little more depth, at least).

*The whole anger from spending years in the modern world is only really part of it, since he did spend a considerable amount of those years as a child after taking a youth potion.

Mhmmm ok, I get you.

Personally my favourite moment from Gil was at the end of fate. Those lines were too good.
Jun 23, 2015 1:26 PM

Jan 2014
SaintEmiya said:
Surely F/Z did it wrong considering F/SN Gil is the original Gil? You can prefer Gil in F/Z but if it's very different to his original character then it's not really gilgamesh.

Nah, not totally different. But far more interesting.
Jun 23, 2015 2:35 PM
May 2014
KamiCity said:
8animet said:

Resolution wise I say Heaven's Feel is better, especially in terms of Ilya, Sakura, Kirie, and the grail itself.
UBW is my favorite though but only slightly.

Well it doesn't feel like a holy grai war to be honest, the servants are generally useless and non-important as paper are generally neglected(Even Rider only got a sastifory character in only Hollow Ataraxia even with her screentime here) and the only reason it connects and resolute more conflicts which spurs from Zero is that it focuses more on the Masters unlike UBW which focused more on the Servants. (Even if the masters in UBW are more important than the servants in HF). It's my favorite route yes but to say it has more resolution is bullshit, maybe more resolution for people who started Zero first(Which you shoudn't) but overall, it really doesn't. Not to forget that HF has way more Slice Of Life than UBW, it's a lot more slower than UBW, has a lot less action than UBW, Sakura is a doormat and the list continues.

If you are searching for Fate/Zero 2, you certainly woudn't find it here. It's better written than UBW yes but if we would have HF first, the general complaints would be the same, just the contrary such as

Most servants getting as much screentime as Rider did in FSN (Or even less sometimes)
It been very very slow and for some people boring (Although I never find FSN to be boring).
Saber not getting any kind of character resolution and Gil been as prominant(Or even less) than Kirei was in here.
(And other things).
Jun 23, 2015 5:06 PM

Jan 2014
I love Gilgamesh. And I agree, he is much better portrayed in FZ. In HF, he is nearly non-existent and his carelessness made him Sakura's fooder.
F0XFIRE said:
OP 4 most butthurt bitch on MAL.

Jun 23, 2015 5:30 PM

May 2012
peeyaj said:
Read FATE
also SPOILERS
Jun 23, 2015 5:43 PM

Sep 2014
peeyaj said:
I love Gilgamesh. And I agree, he is much better portrayed in FZ. In HF, he is nearly non-existent and his carelessness made him Sakura's fooder.
i'd recomend reading the full VN rather than just 1/3rd of it to get your final conclusion on gil. though i honestly don't think it would change your mind so much as give you resolution to the "gil X saber" conflict
Jun 23, 2015 7:55 PM
Jun 2015
peeyaj said:

A shame that he apparently sucks in HF too, he was already pretty bad in UBW
Oh how I miss F/Z Gil
Jun 24, 2015 4:55 PM

Mar 2015
CookingPriest said:
Adapting other routes does absolutely ZERO to characterization of main characters, especially Shirou's. You do not need "three routes" to like him. Each route Shirou is different. Same for Rin, even if she just like Shirou is all over three routes.

UBW proper would not make you care for Illya but it certainly would make one understand and see depth of Shirou and Rin, as well as like and see the complexity of Medea.

You only see the "complexity" of Medea in HA
Jun 25, 2015 7:59 PM

Mar 2014
1) Don't know, I haven't read it
2) First season 6/10, second 5/10
3) Not enough yaoi and Tomokazu Seki
4) Don't know, was he a stereotypical shounen faggot in the VN too?
5) Believe it or not, people die when they are killed in this anime too
Comic_SansJun 27, 2015 3:02 AM
Nico- said:
@Comic_Sans oh no y arnt ppl dieing i need more ppl dieing rly gud plot avansement jus liek tokyo ghoul if erbudy dies amirite
Conversations with people pinging/quoting me to argue about some old post I wrote years ago will not be entertained
Jun 25, 2015 8:57 PM

Sep 2014
Comic_Sans said:
1) Don't know, I haven't read it
2) First season 7/10, second 6/10
3) Not enough yaoi and Tomokazu Seki
4) Don't know, was he a stereotypical shounen faggot in the VN too?
5) Believe it or not, people die when they are killed in this anime too
yes he's just a shounin faggot and an inferior protag. one day fatefags will finaly realize that fate is a shit shirou a shit and pales in comparison to a true protag
Jun 25, 2015 9:12 PM

Jan 2013
Actually I don't want them to animate Tsukihime, imagine how dull its action scenes will be.
日本人はイッちゃってるよ
あいつら未来に生きてんな
Pages (5) « 1 2 [3] 4 5 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Fate/stay night: Unlimited Blade Works (TV) 2nd Season Episode 5 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Luna - Apr 25, 2015

1037 by Rain_Machika »»
May 28, 10:38 PM

Poll: » Fate/stay night: Unlimited Blade Works (TV) 2nd Season Episode 13 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Luna - Jun 20, 2015

1400 by sadoomi »»
May 23, 7:46 PM

Poll: » Fate/stay night: Unlimited Blade Works (TV) 2nd Season Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Luna - Apr 11, 2015

1719 by icim_fitto »»
Apr 27, 4:58 AM

Poll: » Fate/stay night: Unlimited Blade Works (TV) 2nd Season Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Luna - Apr 4, 2015

1557 by Swatheesh123 »»
Apr 9, 8:52 AM

Poll: » Fate/stay night: Unlimited Blade Works (TV) 2nd Season Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Luna - Jun 13, 2015

1574 by ToG25thBaam »»
Mar 29, 12:29 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.