Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Is It Wrong to Try to Pick Up Girls in a Dungeon? (light novel)
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (5) « 1 2 [3] 4 5 »
Jun 13, 2015 3:10 AM
Apr 2012
i really hope this anime end with adapt until
LN vol 6 not until vol 5 . . .
Jun 13, 2015 3:20 AM

Jul 2013
Only 2 episodes left... It was nice that Bell, Welf and Lili forgave those guys who lured those monsters on them. Aiz is really everywhere she needs to be in the best possible time. Everybody are safe... for now. They still need to get out of the dungeon.
Noir… It is the name of an ancient fate. Two sisters who watch anime. The peace of the newly born, their black hands protect.
Jun 13, 2015 3:21 AM

Apr 2013
DotHackHaseo said:

Are you serious? There's 2 episodes remaining, and we're half way through the volume 5. Are you seriously asking for 550+ pages in TWO episodes? Or are you asking for more episodes maybe? If the later then ican understand, but that' not happening.
If the former, yI fail at understanding how someone would want such a crappy thing to happen. "Omg, it's awfully rushed! I hope they rush it two times more from now on (almost 300 pages for each episode, erk, even the adaptation of the second arc of Kyoukaisenjou no Horizon didn't go that far, they stopped at an average of around 180..)
Jun 13, 2015 4:00 AM

May 2015
oww.... now bell try to became a harem king in dungeon huh?
Jun 13, 2015 4:42 AM

Jul 2012
Psychoninja said:
OK DID ANYONE ELSE SEE THE MONSTER THING AND GO LIKE: "Oh boy, a titan"

I was like "Wtf is Eren doing down in the dungeon?"

Good episode, and I love Aiz more and more every episode, she does save the day everytime
Jun 13, 2015 4:51 AM

May 2011
Ranoom said:
anyone thought of one piece? when bell stops in front of aiz?
Yup pretty much, it was straight out of Drum Island.

Can't be a coincidence.
Jun 13, 2015 5:13 AM

Dec 2013
Zefyris said:
DotHackHaseo said:

Are you serious? There's 2 episodes remaining, and we're half way through the volume 5. Are you seriously asking for 550+ pages in TWO episodes? Or are you asking for more episodes maybe? If the later then ican understand, but that' not happening.
If the former, yI fail at understanding how someone would want such a crappy thing to happen. "Omg, it's awfully rushed! I hope they rush it two times more from now on (almost 300 pages for each episode, erk, even the adaptation of the second arc of Kyoukaisenjou no Horizon didn't go that far, they stopped at an average of around 180..)

Calm down Zefyris, many of our fellow forumers haven't had access to the novels, and hence can only go by the 11 episodes that they have watched in the show so far. Some of them have only read the manga, which is allowed to have better pacing (they're only on LN 3 afterall) since they aren't restricted to a set number of chapters/episodes. They don't know how far the story is at in terms of the novels either.

If you want to blame anyone for the misunderstandings, blame the studio and the director of the show. As much as we dislike them for skipping a huge portion of the world-building and expositions, there's really nothing we can do about it. All we can do is explain the facts to those who don't but want to know. Also, some people only read the last comment shown before writing their own. If they want to make their own assumptions based on what they watched, just let them. There's no need to get annoyed about it.

I agree with you regarding your gripes about Lili's ears when she was unconscious, as well as how they portrayed Tione in such an overtly-friendly manner with Bell (she's in love with Finn, you would think that she would spend more of her time fawning over him than other guys, even if it is Bell), but these are things that the studio did when adapting the show. If they want to do a second season due to popularity and have to go back and fix things they messed up on, well it's up to the studio to change things so that it makes sense.

Personally I thought this episode was alright, although I think they slowed things down a bit again. It's not like they skipped any of the important scenes this time around, though I'm worried about how they will fit in the coming few scenes, as well as the fight at the end. I'm actually hoping that they do a quick exposition about the town before the OP and leave it at that.

I stick with my opinion that we should have had 24+ episodes for the first 5 volumes instead of 13. So many things that they skipped would have, imho, enhanced the viewers enjoyment of this already good show further.
HESTIAAPPROVES
Jun 13, 2015 5:24 AM
Apr 2013
Holy shit, this episode was amazing. BELL'S GETTING SOME HOT 2D CHOCOLATE GRILLS. YEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE.

Welf and Lili are some amazing characters, even if they are just supporting characters, they're pretty up there. Nice to see Hestia coming on to Bell again too. ;^) BATTLING AIZ BRUH. Either way, great episode.
Jun 13, 2015 6:03 AM

Apr 2013
L-Ryoshi said:

Calm down Zefyris, many of our fellow forumers haven't had access to the novels, and hence can only go by the 11 episodes that they have watched in the show so far.

I don't remember ever getting angry. Didn't get angry in several years, actually. Wouldn't be able to say when was the last time, sorry. So it's a bit late after all that time to say to me calm down ^^". I can be exasperated, but angry? no.

If you want to blame anyone for the misunderstandings, blame the studio and the director of the show. As much as we dislike them for skipping a huge portion of the world-building and expositions, there's really nothing we can do about it. All we can do is explain the facts to those who don't but want to know. Also, some people only read the last comment shown before writing their own. If they want to make their own assumptions based on what they watched, just let them. There's no need to get annoyed about it.

I agree with you regarding your gripes about Lili's ears when she was unconscious, as well as how they portrayed Tione in such an overtly-friendly manner with Bell (she's in love with Finn, you would think that she would spend more of her time fawning over him than other guys, even if it is Bell), but these are things that the studio did when adapting the show. If they want to do a second season due to popularity and have to go back and fix things they messed up on, well it's up to the studio to change things so that it makes sense.

Personally I thought this episode was alright, although I think they slowed things down a bit again. It's not like they skipped any of the important scenes this time around, though I'm worried about how they will fit in the coming few scenes, as well as the fight at the end. I'm actually hoping that they do a quick exposition about the town before the OP and leave it at that.

I stick with my opinion that we should have had 24+ episodes for the first 5 volumes instead of 13. So many things that they skipped would have, imho, enhanced the viewers enjoyment of this already good show further.

There's no misunderstanding, I was asking him to clarify his post.
I agree that except for the fact they messed up, they didn't skip anything important this time. However, seeing what remain makes me worried. One big fight, two ecchi scenes, and a few important scenes outside of that involving fighting or not. If they want to leave the whole episode for that last fight (which they will probably do) it means that everything else is next episode.
And seeing the orientation of the adaptation, they're going to gives plenty of times for the ecchi part that could have been skipped. Which means, chances are high that they're planning to skip important stuff again. Maybe if they don't use an ending like they did for the episode 6, maybe no opening too, that could go...
Jun 13, 2015 6:13 AM

Nov 2011
In the end the only things that are "advanced", are the achievements of Bell and further knowledge of the tower of Babel. Narratively did not present unexpected ideas, only the gift made by Hephaestus at Welf caught me off guard; the rest it seemed like déjà vu, especially what happens to Bell, what a bore! I wish that on that side, there was a little more originality by the character or situation. What instead I really appreciate and I repeat, it is the fantasy setting and soundtrack. With jokes comic Hestia, he managed to break the monotony of this episode.
What a pity that JC Staff has done a wonderful job as in previous episodes, there is a certain decline.
Jun 13, 2015 6:45 AM

Feb 2012
Jelly! Jelly! Jelly Ais! She was cute when she pulled back her hair when the other 2 girls were smothering Bell. Finally an emotion coming out from bland Ais.

A lot of Tomato Bell moments in this episode! lol

Glad also he ran away from the titan. I'll drop in awe, at the same disappointment, if he defeats the titan. That'd be just way too crazy OP Bell too much.. I'm glad they didn't try to imitate what "Kirito" from SOA would've done and beat every boss.
You can just be yourself. Do things your own way, one step at a time. You'll get there. Just be yourself, you'll be fine."
~Fruit Basket
Jun 13, 2015 7:37 AM

Apr 2011
Oh, a titan O.o

Nice episode, btw.

Jun 13, 2015 7:43 AM

Dec 2010
...The Harem in the Dungeon continue lol, didn't actually think they would make it I was expecting a big fight with the boss and the rest of the gang to save them, I wonder when is Bell planning "to pick up" Aiz in the dungeon ?

...this anime would definitely make a game adaptation
Jun 13, 2015 10:20 AM

May 2014
Personally not pleased with the harem side of the anime, most of it seems uncalled for. Otherwise a good episode
Jun 13, 2015 11:58 AM

Jun 2014
Welf's blunt gives this show a 10/10
Jun 13, 2015 12:56 PM

Mar 2015
Psychoninja said:

that would be me
Jun 13, 2015 1:40 PM

Nov 2013
Ais is still without a doubt best girl. If Bell doesn't end up with her sucks to be him
Jun 13, 2015 2:21 PM

Dec 2014
Bell might be courageous when it comes to it, but his timid personality is really boring me... I like Welf more as character tbh.

“There are two kinds of arrogance. One where you are unequal to the task and one where your dreams are too big. The former is commonplace stupidity... but the latter is a rare species that is difficult to find.”

Jun 13, 2015 2:59 PM
Mar 2015
Plot twist: this anime is in the same world as attack on titan only hundrets/thousands of years in the future with this being the last living titan frozen in the ice for centuries.
Jun 13, 2015 3:23 PM

May 2015
Decent episode, Bell is being so cringy is starting to get annyoing, it sorta fun but it was too much in this episode.
And aren't gods not allowed in the dungoen? why arent they and why did no one react to it?
Aiz is so flat, glad to see she seemed kinda intrested now. And why does she have to magicly appear all the time! would have been better id they just met in the camp or something...
Jun 13, 2015 3:37 PM

Apr 2013
Trios said:

And aren't gods not allowed in the dungoen? why arent they and why did no one react to it?

This is a rule between gods, the mortals have no way to know this. They probably just think that the reasons gods don't enter the dungeon is because since they sealed their own power they're as frail as mortals WITHOUT the help of adventurers status, and mortals without status don't enter the dungeon either. Gods are very secretive on what they know about the origin and truths concerning the dungeon. No way they said to mortals anything about why they don't enter.
Jun 13, 2015 4:50 PM

Oct 2014
the goliath gave me snk vibes
Jun 13, 2015 5:42 PM

Jun 2013
Intense episode! Just two left
Jun 13, 2015 6:50 PM
Jun 2011
Ah, Aiz impeccable timing as always.
She's a nice girl. I've been rather fond of her since she developed a personality.
Ah, and now the Amazon sisters are in on the act, is that the slightest hint of jealousy I see Aiz?
That said, as nice as it is to see some new faces from team Loki, I looked up after 5 minutes and the ep was over.
And nothing happened in this episode!
I mean I knew it'd be filler, but I can sum up the whole episode in one line: Aiz saves Bell's ass, again.
I go by many names, some call me Hoshimaru, others call me Jiro or Aosou-Kun.
I believe myself a force for good, a papercrafter by trade, and one who seeks love and beauty animesque.

I am the host of the youtube show Who Would You Do?
Jun 13, 2015 6:50 PM
Jun 2011
She's a nice girl. I've been rather fond of her since she developed a personality.
Ah, and now the Amazon sisters are in on the act, is that the slightest hint of jealousy I see Aiz?
That said, as nice as it is to see some new faces from team Loki, I looked up after 5 minutes and the ep was over.
I mean I knew it'd be filler, but I can sum up the whole episode in one line: Aiz saves Bell's ass, again.
I believe myself a force for good, a papercrafter by trade, and one who seeks love and beauty animesque.

Jun 13, 2015 7:41 PM
Jun 2011
OrangeJP said:
Jealous Aiz is Jealous

Maybe she appreciated him face planting into her chest more than she'd like to admit.

I honestly suspect she keeps him around initially because she likes watching him freak out around her.

Jun 13, 2015 7:47 PM

May 2015
WTF IS EREN DOING THERE LOL
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jun 13, 2015 7:52 PM

Jan 2015
Psychoninja said:
oh yeahh! I though so.. WTF Titan doing in Dungeon LoL ... XD

Nice episode! Bell-kun works hard to save his friends. aaand the harem grows. Wallenwhatsit (Hestia said :P ) looks a little jealous. Hestia will not let Bell-kun to anyone, she got a lot of rivals over Bell :P .... overall was great!
Jun 13, 2015 8:14 PM

Dec 2013
For the fans

HESTIAAPPROVES
Jun 13, 2015 9:23 PM

Nov 2014
Zefyris said:
bobzanny said:

Well I was more wondering if the whole next episode is downtime as well. Which it seems it might be then pick up at the end. And there's only what 8 volumes on release atm? So the possibility of a second season is nonexistent.

Volume 1 to 5 : around 1600p
volume 6 to 8 : around 1392p

(not counting side stories each time, assuming there is none in the volume 8 since I haven't that one, yet)
Volume 7 and 8 are far bigger, and due to 2 side stories, volume 4 was smaller than half of volume 7 (volume 8 being even bigger than the 7).

And the volume 9 is already announced for september.

Technically, considering how much they are rushing through things, there was already enough material for 3 cours while rushign less. THere is still what is necessary for a second cours later in the year even by rushing as stupidly as they did this time a second time as well.
It should pick up around half way through the next episode and rise and rise againin tension until the end after that.

I hope you're right I would love to see more of this.
Jun 13, 2015 11:19 PM

Jul 2008
Psychoninja said:

Seid ihr das Essen ? Nein, wir sind der Jäger !
Jun 13, 2015 11:23 PM
Jul 2018
I was wondering when the harem will return or increase :/

Really boring episode save for random titan appearing, Ryu/Asfi and Welf’s 1 minute at the end.
Jun 14, 2015 1:54 AM

Apr 2013
xcess090 said:

Really boring episode save for random titan appearing, Ryu/Asfi and Welf’s 1 minute at the end.

It didn't increase. I really wish JC staff would stop doing that, not a single person who didn't read the novel understood that correctly AFAIK, they neither understood the motivation of the Amazoness here, nor why Ais was making that face :/...

And that too, seen it a few time :
Aiz saves Bell's ass, again.

They had already reached floor 18 before encountering Ais. In other words, they saved themselves. If anything, the Loki familia by takign them in avoided that a bad encounter happen during their mind down,a s well as healed welf. But that's it.
Jun 14, 2015 2:36 AM
May 2015
Hoshimaru57 said:

Ehh? What personality? She hasn't developed anything at all thus far. She still has to develop her fighting style/skills which is one of the reasons she's clinging on to Bell. Which hasn't done jack because he's been getting wasted by her.

And that Goliath looked out of place. It totally looked like a Titan. Not that I'm complaining. What's the point of having the gods go in the dungeon of they can't use their powers. Is it more of a rule or are their powers seal?
Chosen360Jun 14, 2015 3:31 AM
Jun 14, 2015 4:15 AM

Nov 2011
The scenes of desperation and helplessness really made things very interesting in this ep and the last but after he reached the safe zone the complete and utter change in tone seemed really really abrupt to me.

Join the MSP Club for an in-depth look at score progressions and other stats of currently airing anime
Jun 14, 2015 4:33 AM

Nov 2010
How the hell did a Titan from AoT manage to walk into the dungeon?
Jun 14, 2015 5:00 AM

Apr 2011
Poor guy has no privacy.
Jun 14, 2015 5:23 AM

Nov 2013
L-Ryoshi said:

Ais is the best.
Jun 14, 2015 8:04 AM

Feb 2015
Eren Jaeger? ._.
Jun 14, 2015 9:12 AM
Jul 2018
Zefyris said:
xcess090 said:

It didn't increase. I really wish JC staff would stop doing that, not a single person who didn't read the novel understood that correctly AFAIK, they neither understood the motivation of the Amazoness here, nor why Ais was making that face :/...

Aiz's tucking in her hair was so she can listen that was obvious, it's also obvious that she will be apart of the harem along the way. As for the twins, the first one seemed very interested in him in that way. What stopped them from asking him without clinging to him like they are the new additions to the harem? It doesn't make sense to me and I'm taking it at face value because I haven't read the novels or the manga and frankly I don't want to.
Jun 14, 2015 10:31 AM

Aug 2010
Hestia is starting to get annoying with her jealously and constant interference every time Bell is talking with another girl.
Jun 14, 2015 11:31 AM

Apr 2013
xcess090 said:
Zefyris said:

Aiz's tucking in her hair was so she can listen that was obvious, it's also obvious that she will be apart of the harem along the way. As for the twins, the first one seemed very interested in him in that way. What stopped them from asking him without clinging to him like they are the new additions to the harem? It doesn't make sense to me and I'm taking it at face value because I haven't read the novels or the manga and frankly I don't want to.

Because he's most likely to give private information to a pretty girl clinging to him than a pretty girl speaking from afar? Especially a young boy easily flustered by any body contact with a pretty girl? As if amazoness could leave that out of the equations x).
As for Ais, read the thread and you'll see how "evident" it is. Most peoples are saying she's jealous, very evident indeed~
Jun 14, 2015 1:23 PM

Apr 2012
Man, this was a seriously great episode. I still don't know whether I want Bell to end up with Hestia or Aiz, I think I'm leaning a little toward Aiz, but I'm not ruling anything out yet.

Also, where was the wolf guy that was always ratting on Bell? If he didn't show up in this episode that probably means he's one of the one's that went back up to get an antidote. I want to see the look on his face when he finds out the Little Rookie managed to get to the 18th Floor.
Jun 14, 2015 1:30 PM
Jul 2018
Zefyris said:
xcess090 said:

Because he's most likely to give private information to a pretty girl clinging to him than a pretty girl speaking from afar? Especially a young boy easily flustered by any body contact with a pretty girl? As if amazoness could leave that out of the equations x).
As for Ais, read the thread and you'll see how "evident" it is. Most peoples are saying she's jealous, very evident indeed~

Bell doesn't actually seem like a character that will hide everything because it could put him in danger, I don't think even he knows exactly just how valuable his skill is. Befriending him normally would be more than enough to have him spill all the secrets, would take time but the result would be the same. So I still don't think it was needed unless it was to lead to a harem increase or extra unneeded fan service and until proven otherwise (in the anime of course since I'm not going to go and waste my time reading thousands of pages about a harem) that opinion will remain.

It was pretty obvious to me but then again most of the comments in the discussions are best girl this and best girl that so yeah unfortunately I can see where it will come from :/
Jun 14, 2015 3:09 PM

Apr 2013
Were you expecting that idiot of Tiona to actually do a psychological analysis of a boy she never talked to before approaching him? It's fairly obvious he's flustered around pretty girls, so she went that route. You're asking yourself too much questions here xD. We followed bell for all that time, but she didn't. All she saw is him fighting. All she knows is that status are extremely precious secrets in familia, that you aren't supposed to divulge easily. It's not for nothing that some familia use prostitute to get precious sources of info to talk. Ishtar for example is the queen of the red district, and the amount of info she gets that way is way above any outsider would think of.

As for adding fanservice, there's that too, at least for Tione's breasts shots. It's an anime adaptation, they're always searching for fanservice. Danmachi isn't very fanservicy so they're pretty desperate with showing Hestia's breasts bouncing and the like. I mean, there's like 2 ecchi scenes in the whole first 6 volumes...
That's why I was protesting earlier in the thread with the way JC staff handled those scenes, as it indeed looks like those two are interested in Bell for love reasons. Whereas Tione is in love with Finne, and that Finne is just around, so there's no way Tione would do something that could be misunderstood by Finne right under his nose.
ZefyrisJun 14, 2015 3:12 PM
Jun 14, 2015 3:46 PM

Dec 2014
Is It Wrong to Run From Titans in a Dungeon?
Jun 14, 2015 3:53 PM

Apr 2013
It's certainly wrong to run into them as a solo level 2 if you want to live a little longer x)
Jun 14, 2015 4:38 PM

Jul 2009
Bleh! Really this whole harem vibe is ruinning it, all girls around him, glad is almost over since it is going to this path.
Jun 14, 2015 9:36 PM

Jun 2014
I tried not to LOVE this anime I really did. I wanted to be objective about it. But it just hits so many thing that i LOVE in anime. and it just makes my heart melt.
Oh im so easy to impress.

This episode had a little of everything in it.
Be sure to message me if you quoted me and want me to respond! Just give me a link to the forum, because usually I leave my comment, then leave the forum.
Jun 14, 2015 10:07 PM
Sep 2014
Aiz just wants Bell's secret to getting strong...

and she is an air-head anyways.
Pages (5) « 1 2 [3] 4 5 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Dungeon ni Deai wo Motomeru no wa Machigatteiru Darou ka Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

belatkuro - Apr 3, 2015

462 by PD_DILUC »»
Sep 7, 6:12 AM

Poll: » Dungeon ni Deai wo Motomeru no wa Machigatteiru Darou ka Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Apr 17, 2015

284 by RGreatDanton »»
Sep 6, 4:01 PM

Poll: » Dungeon ni Deai wo Motomeru no wa Machigatteiru Darou ka Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

belatkuro - Apr 10, 2015

279 by RGreatDanton »»
Sep 6, 3:04 PM

Poll: » Dungeon ni Deai wo Motomeru no wa Machigatteiru Darou ka Episode 13 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jun 26, 2015

562 by Darkzepheran »»
Aug 13, 3:26 PM

Poll: » Dungeon ni Deai wo Motomeru no wa Machigatteiru Darou ka Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - May 22, 2015

418 by Darkzepheran »»
Aug 13, 9:33 AM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.