Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (4) « 1 2 [3] 4 »
Apr 9, 2015 10:30 AM

Sep 2013
that was some sweet plot
Apr 9, 2015 10:45 AM
Apr 2012
NO! NO!! NO!!! This adaptation is already screwed. The OP gave me a warning sign, you CANNOT introduce that group at the end in the first episode. They don't appear in the manga until vol 6, same with the girl midway through and the guy who she works for. Both are season 2 material in an adaptation done faithfully.

ARRRRGGGHHH I'm so pissed at XEBEC right now, I was looking forward to this as much as DxD BorN since I am a big fan of the manga which is fantastic and now I'm beyond words. It's Brynhildr all over again *weeps*

OP and ED are good though...
Apr 9, 2015 12:02 PM

Apr 2008
Now that's a dark backstory. Owari no Seraph's got nothing on that.
Apr 9, 2015 12:07 PM

Dec 2010
OVERSIZED boobs everywhere...BUT GREAT ACTION.EXCESSIVEEE CENSORSHIP(very dissapointed).OVERALL A GOOD EPISODE..NOT A TOTAL GARBAGE as the poster suggests..
Mim
Apr 9, 2015 2:03 PM

Jul 2013
[size=120]God it feels good to be straight [/size]
The best anime is the Road to El Dorado
Apr 9, 2015 4:54 PM

Jul 2014
Really enjoyed it. I could definitely see the similarities between this and Highschool of the Dead. Not surprising since the manga was created to replace HOTD.
Apr 9, 2015 6:29 PM

Oct 2013
richard_maximus said:
This is going to be like Highschool Of The Dead isn't it? A bunch a Tig-ol-bitties and action, only difference is that the MC isn't a puss.

I'm going to enjoy this.

I'm sorry, but I don't remember Takashi (main character of HOTD) ever being a 'pussy'. Have you even read/watched that series?
Apr 9, 2015 6:41 PM

Oct 2012
Got a feeling this seem like its going to be rushed
Apr 9, 2015 7:02 PM
May 2014
Chibi Review about this one was hiliarious
Apr 9, 2015 7:34 PM

Jun 2013
I have a feeling that this could be a pretty decent series, but its impossible for me to take this seriously because of how big everyone's breasts are!
Apr 9, 2015 7:36 PM
Jul 2018
Yuuko Sagiri FTW!!!
removed-userApr 9, 2015 7:43 PM
Apr 9, 2015 7:42 PM

Apr 2014
Hm....meh
I saw the manga version of this but I did not read it because of the tag "Mature" (I usually avoid).
I give it a go to see how it is as an anime, but still not that good.
Interesting, but not to my liking.
Will continue to watch until I saw something I don't like.
Apr 9, 2015 8:41 PM

May 2014
censorship was meh, at least theres blood so im still optimistic. this and seraph have got me interested for sure
Apr 9, 2015 11:05 PM

Dec 2012
Big boobs. But yes what happened to the fit girls why are these girls chubby
[/URL]
Apr 10, 2015 12:00 AM

Jan 2011
Way to much T&A even for me to actually take this serious plus the boobs are like maken! level

speaking of levels this is like Akame ga Kill level of edge just without all the gore was ready for her to shred a bunch of dudes with a minigun then it just cuts away instant disappointment.

but the MC helmet is hella cool...kinda want it

might as well watch it action is good even if it's censored to hell plus we got all this PLOT to look forward to
Apr 10, 2015 1:12 AM

Oct 2010
(-_- #)... really? I made it to the intro and already have some issues. Why the hell do animators make females with breast that are so damn big!! Its like they sat down and said, "alright, the main characters will be boobs, but boobs can't be characters alone. The boobs will need faces and other body parts to go with it".
Apr 10, 2015 2:33 AM

Sep 2009
Shet, anyone else getting that mflo vibe from the BGM near the middle? Loving that flow.
Apr 10, 2015 3:29 AM

Jan 2011
Wow... almost every female in this show has big boobs. Lolis, students, etc. no one is spared.

Since it's only 10eps... it's gonna be a fast ride with boobs big boobs and action.
Most satisfying to see the baddies getting owned.
I mainly see the animes... so don't blame me for not knowing about the Manga/LN
Apr 10, 2015 3:54 AM

Apr 2013
Not interested, everything were just okay-ish
dropped
Apr 10, 2015 4:03 AM

Jul 2011
"10/10 Masterpiece" - IGN
Apr 10, 2015 4:18 AM
Jul 2018
Entertainment!

Apr 10, 2015 4:49 AM

Nov 2013
Garbage until further notice.
Apr 10, 2015 6:14 AM

Oct 2013
It was okay I guess, too much boobs though lmao. I really liked the action scenes, it seemed kinda rushed too
Apr 10, 2015 11:03 AM
Trickster

Jun 2011
Everything I expected it to be. Tits and action. It had an odd use of 3D animation though.

The pace was pretty damn fast too. Excited to see more.

And God DAYUM dat Yuuko is fine.
Apr 10, 2015 11:54 AM

Jul 2006
I did like this episode, the action was good. But I agree on the art, it's nothing special compared to the manga.
Apr 10, 2015 2:26 PM

Aug 2014
Ah, perfect. This will do nicely as my ''load-off'' anime. The plot is heavy, and so is the ecchi tag. I do like the main character, though, thank god he's not another Ichika Orimura. Action was also pretty nice, let's see if it'll amount to something.

4/5
~||Sky of the Night Light||~
Apr 10, 2015 3:37 PM
Oct 2014
Imeon said:
richard_maximus said:
This is going to be like Highschool Of The Dead isn't it? A bunch a Tig-ol-bitties and action, only difference is that the MC isn't a puss.

I'm going to enjoy this.

I hope we'll not see someone like "that" teacher back in HOTD. That will pissed me off.

Don't even put that thought in my head.
Apr 10, 2015 7:36 PM

Mar 2013
K...
Sweet fanservice.
Edgy MC.
Apr 11, 2015 5:25 AM

Oct 2012
lol, this was trash. With such weak story and attempt to make everything look so serious, even out-of-place fanservice won't save this. Second half of this episode was real directing and animation mess.

Not to mention the censorship. There are many better ecchi animes but if you have to watch this for fanservice (there is no other reason), at least wait for uncesored BDs.

I am dropping this here.
Apr 11, 2015 8:15 AM

Mar 2012
These seiyuus seem to have a voice that lacks "life", many of them sound so uninterested and dead...

I didn't like this anime much to be honest, I guess I will put it on hold.
Apr 11, 2015 10:02 AM

Sep 2012
This is atrocious, just laughable at how the character designs change from the original. Why would they use Kanokon's art for this... Really really bad directing job, but the art will always be pointed out of this... BAAAD ADAPTION! This studio should stick to it's known for plot-less ecchi.
Apr 11, 2015 11:18 AM

Dec 2013
I'm holding off judgement until I see more of the story. I liked the designs for the MC. The Biker helmet he had reminded me of that Kamen Teacher series. The overall plot of some Hospital staff dispensing justice in their spare time seems contrived and improbable on the whole, but I'm kind of interested in seeing how messed up they'll end up (yes, I expect them to fail their missions, get captured and tortured... and other stuff like that). Considering how dark they're trying to make it, I'm kind of expecting some AGK like deaths in the near future, and will be sorely disappointed if none appear. I still want to know what the deal is with the dead sensei, and hopefully that daughter will show up again somewhere along the line to push the plot.

Overall the crazy oppai jiggling and the excessive fan service took away a lot of attention from the plot, but I still see some potential in the story (manga readers feel free to tell me otherwise).
HESTIAAPPROVES
Apr 11, 2015 2:34 PM
Jun 2013
Great series. The girls are hot and the action is decent. The whole transplant thing is ridiculous but aside from that, great main character. Can't wait for the uncensored version.
Apr 12, 2015 2:39 AM

Jul 2012
I was pleasantly surprised by this show. Nothing new, very stereotypical boobs, bullets and explosions - but it does it damn well. It's pure escapist popcorn entertainment and it's damn fun.

I can't wipe my butt with the shreds of a wedding dress!!

Apr 12, 2015 8:04 AM

Dec 2007
Best anime of the last 15 years. 13/10.
Apr 12, 2015 4:24 PM

Dec 2014
I liked it. It's popcorn material, but I like the serious tones, even with the massive amounts of fan-service.
I like the MC, not the standard, cowardly pussy we usually see. I'll definitely keep watching.
Apr 12, 2015 5:16 PM

Feb 2013
That actually wasn't half bad. The action was good.

Is there a reason all the women have OUTRAGEOUSLY ENORMOUS BOOBS? ... kind of annoying.
Apr 12, 2015 9:30 PM
Feb 2013
Yuuko <3

Apr 13, 2015 6:44 AM

Jul 2008
Ok start, certainly not as good as HOTD...they should have probably uncensored most of the scenes like highschool dxd :D
Apr 13, 2015 8:02 AM

Nov 2014
You know what would be a dream?

If HotD did not show boobs then this was a no no from the get go. It would've been cool if Saeko Busujima and Sayo Hitsugi show their boobs.

As for the show it looks like it will be short 10ep and be as close to the manga as possible. Ok action, decent plot, understandable story for a starter maybe a 7 at best.
Apr 13, 2015 10:39 PM

Oct 2014
Didnt think it was possible, but they made everyones oppais so big it turned me off
Apr 14, 2015 12:03 AM

Mar 2010
As one of the (likely "very") few Americans with a full set of the officially translated/published manga volumes for this series, I have been looking forward to this series long before it was ever announced to be an anime...

And I am sad. :(

The boobies got a lot bigger and the bloodstains smaller T_T The whole feel of the first episode seemed off to me, and I agree that it was because the focus of the ep was T&A instead of bullets/explosions.
Where are my awesome "hole-thru-the-head-with-brains-flying" camera angles?
Why the hell did Oriha (pink haired idol) get a cup-size upgrade by several letters when SHE'S OFFICIALLY 14 YEARS OLD?!
WTF WERE THE PRODUCERS THINKING WHEN THEY MADE THE ED?!!!???! This atrocity alone could damage the reputation of this series enough to turn off a lot of viewers who would actually like the story/plot/characters otherwise T_T

What really makes me sad is that they were probably thinking
A - "What will make this sell better in America?"
B - "BOOBS!!!"
A - "Brilliant!"
._.

At least they had the balls to include the torture scene relatively faithfully. XD
I've already seen quite a few complaints about it, but I'm pretty sure that it is actually intended to be brutal and disturbing. Especially with a short 10 episode run, I have a feeling they are going to be rather heavy-handed with the emphasis on how purely evil and unredeemable the bad guys are in order to justify how the "good guys" have no qualms about murdering them.

Here's hoping that Ep1 was a one-off shock/awe attack of chestflesh by the studio in an attempt to grab viewer attention and that the story/violence retakes center stage as should be. >:3

* The manga IS definitely "Mature", but more for violence than sex, in about a 2:1 ratio for the early volumes, and cranking up to about 3:1 in later ones. OH! And as a bonus for all those out there who are enjoying the boobage, EVERY female other than Oriha is 18+ IIRC ^_^ One of the few hyper-ecchi properties I don't really feel like a dirty old man for enjoying.
deadman80Apr 14, 2015 12:22 AM
Apr 14, 2015 12:25 AM

Dec 2014
deadman80 said:
As one of the (likely "very") few Americans with a full set of the officially translated/published manga volumes for this series, I have been looking forward to this series long before it was ever announced to be an anime...

And I am sad. :(

The boobies got bigger and the bloodstains smaller T_T
Where are my awesome "hole-thru-the-head-with-brains-flying" camera angles?
Why the hell did Oriha (pink haired idol) get a cup-size upgrade by several letters when SHE'S OFFICIALLY 14 YEARS OLD?!?!
WTF WERE THE PRODUCERS THINKING WHEN THEY MADE THE ED?!!!???! This atrocity alone could damage the reputation of this series enough to turn off a lot of viewers who would actually like the story/plot/characters otherwise T_T

What really makes me sad is that they were probably thinking
A - "What will make this sell better in America?"
B - "BOOBS!!!"
A - "Brilliant!"
._.

Haven't even touched the manga myself, but these are all valid points. This is they type of show that actually looks like it has a plot. You want to tack on copious amounts of fan-service, sure go ahead. But these tits are so large you could mistake them as the curvature of the earth. Also, don't throw in fan-service to the exclusion of other aspects.
Apr 14, 2015 9:37 AM

Mar 2010
The manga would be comparable to Freezing, Gantz, or Black Lagoon. They all have sexy+strong female characters who are equally/more capable of kicking ass than the majority of male characters in manga/anime. Sure, every female in their respective universes might have unrealistic proportions and simply showing up could qualify as fanservice due to their character designs, but there is actually a stronger emphasis on plot events, action, character motivation, violence, etc. than wobbly breasts and jiggling asses (even though all of them, including Triage X, have copious amounts of actual fanservice. There's actually a LOT of nudity in T-X, which is ironically probably going to be omitted from the broadcast episodes. I won't be surprised if there ends up being several OVAs later on to cover those sections of the manga.

If they don't make some drastic improvements very quickly, this anime will end up being more compared to something like Ikkitousen (which has basically zero actual plot in the sequel seasons) or Sekirei (The manga of which I adore and wish the anime had managed to cover more of the long-term plot instead of being stuck in phase 1 fanservice mode).

I get the feeling that this may be a result of the backlash from recent censoring problem shows like TerraFormars, which had zero sexual content, but was butchered into unwatchability just covering up the violence/gore that could be considered illegal. Just like HotD, it seems like this is trying to be a scene-for-scene remake of the source material, but since some of the content was "inappropriate for broadcast", they had to trim it and decided to fill that screenspace with cleavage. :/

* Doing a quick speed read of the first volume and it seems to me that the episode was pretty darn faithful, with the exceptions of some changed camera angles to reduce the amount of on-screen bloodshed (I counted FIVE headshots in the first scene alone, up until the fat bastard getting a blowjob fails his humanity test XD), and yes indeed, it appears that each of the female characters has had a bust increase by a full cup size at minimum, with the exception of Hinako. Oriha also does appear to have gained a bit of thickness around the middle, possibly in an attempt to make her seem more childlike (babyfat?)
... She's already graduated from college (with a PhD I think O.o), is a nationally famous idol, and enjoys blowing things up... Why must she also be in the no-no age zone? T_T

* I was wrong about the age thing T_T There are actual character profiles in vol.2 of the manga. I'm going to omit the one-liner descriptions, but here are the official stats on the cast:

Nashida Oriha (14) 4'10", B34 W21 H31 (yeah..... definitely gained some weight during the adaptation process lol)
Mikami Arashi (17) 5'9"
Kiba Mikoto (17) 5'4", B34 W22 H33
Hitsugi Sayo (24) 5'7", B37 W23 H33
Sagiri Yuuko (28) 5'9", B44 W24 H36
Tsurugi Miki (29) 5'4", B31 W22 H32
Mochizuki Masamune (56)
Fiona Ran Winchester (?) B31 W21 H32 (a woman is entitled to her secrets I guess? lol)
Suzue Konomi (25) 5'8", B43 W23 H35
Tatara Isoroku (45)
Kominata Hinako (17) 5'0", B30 W22 H30

... So yeah... Everyone (except poor Hinako) ended up looking a lot larger than what the stats say. Maybe it's that thing about cameras adding 10lbs? They just used special cameras so all the weight ended up going to the same focal spot. XD
deadman80Apr 14, 2015 10:10 AM
Apr 14, 2015 6:59 PM

Jan 2011
So this is basically Highschool of the Dead, but with criminals instead of zombies. I'm in.
Apr 15, 2015 3:21 PM

Feb 2013
Is there an AT-X version?
Apr 15, 2015 4:08 PM

May 2012
Much better than what I expected
Apr 15, 2015 4:59 PM

Apr 2015
I've seen too many fans expecting the BD (or at least saying they will) to watch the blood and fanservice, as many of us think this anime must show.
But...
Saddly I inform you, that there is a little chance of happenning.
Why?
Because recent anime with 'fog' or cutted screens, show little or non changed scenes in the BD version. (Ex: Cross ange)
Hope this anime will show the blood and fanservice in the Bd, the fans of manga are looking for.
Apr 15, 2015 6:03 PM

Jul 2009
They didn't waste time on starting with the fanservice, did they? Style reminds me a bit of Highschool of the dead ... a LOT really happened this episode, it seemed kinda rushed :S So Arashi and his crew go and take out "black labels" in the city, one of which included his best friend who his own dad killed to save his life ... what the heck O_O
The censoring is annoying ... but I guess I can't be surprised >_< What DID surprise me is that they're still in high school?! I thought they were older and this was like their "job" ... but again, I'm wrong. Honestly not too sure where this is gonna go, but I'll give it a couple more episodes ...
OP and ED were OK, I didn't really like them but they certainly fit the show I guess :S
Apr 15, 2015 7:07 PM

Mar 2010
well lolll.... tha shacks in this anime is wow.
Pages (4) « 1 2 [3] 4 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Triage X Episode 5 Discussion

Stark700 - May 6, 2015

48 by ouiide »»
Dec 6, 2023 2:19 PM

Poll: » Triage X Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Jun 10, 2015

111 by matta37 »»
Nov 14, 2023 7:56 AM

Poll: » Triage X Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Apr 29, 2015

78 by Thorison1080 »»
Jul 20, 2023 2:26 PM

Poll: » Triage X Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Apr 22, 2015

73 by Thorison1080 »»
Jul 12, 2023 4:04 PM

Poll: » Triage X Episode 6 Discussion

Stark700 - May 13, 2015

49 by Kagamashi »»
Jan 14, 2023 4:07 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.