Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (6) « 1 2 [3] 4 5 » ... Last »
Aug 29, 2014 1:17 AM

Jun 2013
Boy is this seriously fast paced. I was overwhelmed, so many new characters were thrown at us in just one episode. How in the world are they going to end this... I can only smell a mess ahead (hopefully not too messy though). I will continue dreaming and hoping that one day they remake the first season into a 24 (or more) episode long anime adaptation.

To those who haven't read the manga... I highly recommend you all to read it. From the beginning preferably, you won't regret it.
lunaelumenAug 29, 2014 1:27 AM
Aug 29, 2014 1:18 AM

Oct 2013
that has to be her brother
not a whole lot happened this episode but pretty good
[/quote]
Aug 29, 2014 2:07 AM

Apr 2014
DerpHole said:
kickmesign said:
Terrible backstories, terrible characters. If this anime was a cannibal, it would only eat dicks.

That means you're watching a dick.

Watching a dick makes you gay. Wow what a faggot you are.

LMFAO I can't hold myself from laughing.Coupled with that signature and your Avatar.

Aug 29, 2014 2:47 AM

Aug 2013
It was a good episode but somehow it felt lacking. I don't know it just felt hollow? I like Hetare though. I swear that bird is an akuma and since it talks, it has to be at least level 2.
"May those who accept their fate be granted happiness."

"May those who defy their fate be granted glory."
Aug 29, 2014 3:42 AM

May 2013
OMG. I CAN'T BELIEVE THIS. I didn't thought that Yuki Kaji will voice Ayato *cries happily*

But wait, who's Suzuya's voice actor? And
The world shall know the truth soon.
Aug 29, 2014 3:52 AM

Mar 2013
Great episode!!!
The series getting on the right road again.
Aug 29, 2014 4:11 AM

Jul 2013
Meh episode. Lol to that swearing parrot scene btw.
Aug 29, 2014 4:45 AM

Apr 2014
ninjastarforcex said:
and suzuya voice is too girly, heck, who is the seiyuu? its so bad tbh

Aug 29, 2014 4:55 AM

Aug 2013
A lot of people moving in on the 20th ward. Looks like some crazy stuff is about to go down all involving Rize who is already dead lol.

Cant wait to see how this plays out. 5/5
My Candies:
Aug 29, 2014 4:56 AM
Dec 2011
Suprisingly good episode :D The first time since the first episode that I was very satisfied with TG anime adaptation. I really like the building up atmosphere in this episode.

Suzuya <333 lmao he sounds so girly, well it's kinda expected although I wanted it more childish than girly tho. Ayato !! I was missing him in the manga so it's so good to see him again. He got very great debut scene and he looks really good, damnit.

and omg Arima ??!! and he's voiced by Namikawa Daisuke?? My life is perfect now. ehh hello there Akira, Takizawa.... season 2 anyone ?

ninjastarforcex said:
what? i didnt remember arima was that kind and friendly?
my impression about him is just silent, cool, sadist, and most OP creature on earth @_@

he is actually a nice friendly guy towards his subordinates. it's even shown in manga when he met Amon and Suzuya at the promotion party.
lilymulAug 29, 2014 5:05 AM
Aug 29, 2014 5:09 AM

Jul 2013
Oh I see that Kaneki-chi is in for some big trouble. Let's see where this will go.
For those who seek perfection, there can be no rest on this side of the grave.
Hope is the first step on the road to disappointment.
Aug 29, 2014 5:36 AM

Jul 2013
Why do people dislike this anime so much? The censoring should be removed in the Blu-Ray, though I do see people might get annoyed by it now.

Other than that I can't see the problems with it, maybe it's because I don't read the manga.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Aug 29, 2014 5:53 AM

Apr 2011
Assuming there will be a season 2 with how everything went down.
Aug 29, 2014 6:45 AM

Nov 2012
o0o0o0 Ayoto <3
Aug 29, 2014 7:20 AM

May 2013
There's an upcoming battle. I can feel it. Ayato is just begging for a good fight. I'm sure Touka can give him one, given that they're siblings. Touka was adorable in the flashback. There sure are many ghouls looking for Rize. I think they don't know that she's dead.
Aug 29, 2014 7:56 AM

Apr 2014
Minagatachi said:
Why do people dislike this anime so much? The censoring should be removed in the Blu-Ray, though I do see people might get annoyed by it now.

Other than that I can't see the problems with it, maybe it's because I don't read the manga.

"Maybe because I don't read the manga"
Well there's your answer you dimwit xD No offense.
Its actually frustrating that you know that your favorite manga is getting butchered literally piece by piece.

Aug 29, 2014 9:12 AM

Dec 2011
Looks like a lot of ghoul still have no idea that Rize has passed away already... by the looks of it, it may all trace to Kaneki in the end and he will start battling these ghouls.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Aug 29, 2014 9:26 AM
Sep 2013
Well, I feel like the minority that has read the manga and still like the anime's pacing (generally).

New faces were introduced this episode, which was okay. I thought Yuki Kaji would be doing the blonde haired guy's voice but that's okay too. He sounds too feminine for my taste though. I guess Kaji already has too many psycho guy roles idk. It was an overall good episode, the animation looked kinda derpy at the beginning but it was tolerable. I can't wait to see more action...
Aug 29, 2014 9:29 AM

Apr 2014
Oh yes, I'm soooo ready for a fight next episode! :D

Touko is so cute! :3

A mystery Is definitely playing its role in this series. A couple episodes back, it was mentioned someone might have purposely killed Rize. Maybe it was to stop them from finding her.

I want to read the Manga, but I'd prefer finishing the Anime first.

PS: #neverhelpingoldladysever!
Aug 29, 2014 11:03 AM

Jun 2011
Slow episode. Were some good moments between Kaneki and Touka. Though it was all worth it to reveal Touka's brother at the end.
Aug 29, 2014 11:21 AM

Apr 2014
AnchiHiro said:
Slow episode. Were some good moments between Kaneki and Touka. Though it was all worth it to reveal Touka's brother at the end.

With all the rushing,Proper pacing feels slow now xD?

Aug 29, 2014 12:07 PM

Jul 2014
Fuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuck...
Didn't see that coming...
Aug 29, 2014 12:10 PM

Oct 2013
Good episode,the next one looks promising.

Aug 29, 2014 1:34 PM

Nov 2012
soraibi said:
Well, I feel like the minority that has read the manga and still like the anime's pacing (generally).

New faces were introduced this episode, which was okay. I thought Yuki Kaji would be doing the blonde haired guy's voice but that's okay too. He sounds too feminine for my taste though.

Hey you are not alone! Though I tend to like eps like this one (but liking battles in manga more) - somehow the showcase of characters catches more eye and it's nice to hear new voices.

And personaly I loved Suzuya's voice, it really fits his backstory.
Arima's as sneaky as in manga, Shinohara the same simpleton(on the outside), Ayato being a jerk, Banjou - well I was surprised there was a girl in his group - nice :)
Anime's also has more visible foreshadowing than manga(you notice some things only after readyng for the second time). Though Hide's "it's bitter" comment was lost(chapter title was "Bitter taste" referring Ken's new life also).
Aug 29, 2014 2:41 PM
Mar 2014
More action next episode hopefully ! :D
Aug 29, 2014 2:57 PM

Jan 2013
Hm...the tension which the anime built up until now was gone, of course because the fight was over. But this episode was a little bit boring, I don't know, it was just like some pause. Background story is very important, of course, but it felt to me like something was missing.

Aug 29, 2014 3:28 PM

Jul 2010
Woah they a SUPER RUSHING THIS
introduced Arima had to because Amon barely started but still WAY WAY WAY TOO EARLY
Juuzo had to show him once Mado got killed
Ayato seems good timing
Banjo good timing
Never would of guessed Akira would make a scene
Ughhh I can't wait but...
I feel it the war!!!
Aug 29, 2014 4:14 PM

Nov 2012
Barion-Zara said:
KanjiKano said:

Hide seeing Jason was a bit WAY TOO EARLY

Don't you mean that
?
I didn't think of that either until you pointed that out

I really like Juuzou's voice. Also I think Yuki Kaji was a good choice for Ayato.

I wish they left the Kirishima family flashback for later though
Aug 29, 2014 4:18 PM

Mar 2009
Good episode. Looking forward to seeing Touka kick her brother's ass.
Aug 29, 2014 5:47 PM

Apr 2013
Nice episode. We got to see a bit of Amon's past. Looks like the guy who stole Kaneki's wallet was the son of the crazy inspector. We also saw Touka's bro I smell another antagonist. 3 eps for 2 antagonist we might get a second season (?)
A Story will always come to it's end. The thing is, will you move on after it's over?
Aug 29, 2014 6:06 PM

Jul 2013
Sh1cky said:
Nice episode. We got to see a bit of Amon's past. Looks like the guy who stole Kaneki's wallet was the son of the crazy inspector. We also saw Touka's bro I smell another antagonist. 3 eps for 2 antagonist we might get a second season (?)

3 eps will be enough for a yet-to-be BA to butcher both of them, literally lol.
Just watch this to the end, and if you like it, read the manga from the start and join us in praying for a Brotherhood re-adaptation by I.G. Port, Madhouse or Bones XD

Aug 29, 2014 6:29 PM

Nov 2013
Well well, looks like Rize is important for some reason and a war is about to break out because of her. Kaneki's friend might play an important role in the coming episodes which is nice since we barely see him.

flashbacks and more set up for future events, hopefully this last arc delivers.
3/5
Aug 29, 2014 6:52 PM

Jul 2014
Amon's flashback was my favourite part of the episode.

However I wish the series would polarize the fact that Rize isn't "inside" Kaneki... she's just a metaphor of a ghoul's hunger that Kaneki has to deal with (at least that's how its portrayed in the manga) >.>
Aug 29, 2014 8:25 PM

Aug 2008
Poor Amon.

Nothing much happen in this episode but it's a build up towards next arc and next arc seems going to be very good. Some kind of war looks like going to happen.
But it's important to remember that a movie review is subjective;it only gives you one person's opinion.

http://www.classzone.com/books/lnetwork_gr08/page_build.cfm?content=analyz_media&ch=30

It doesn't matter if you like LoGH,Monster etc.If you are a jobless or college/school dropout living in your mom basement, you are still an unintelligent loser. Taste in anime does not make you a better person.If elitist don't exist, casual pleb and shit taste also don't exist.
Aug 29, 2014 8:31 PM

Aug 2013
What I think is that the people from the 11th doesn't believe in a cohabitation with the humans. For some reason (could be the murder of their parents? If they are dead of course), he probably lost fate and humans while Tohka stayed strong.

Poor Ken, he seem in deep shit now that he possess Lize power. Well, his life have turned upside-down since he met Lize.

I somehow really wanna see ''Devil Ape'' in action :(
I also wonder if Hinami will start fighting at some point. After all, Mado even praised her Kagune.

Well, I thought that Tohka reconized Mado by his ring, but it just reminded her that they are just humans after all, those Dove agents. We also saw it while AMon was visiting the cemetery.

I'm gonna make a wild guess, the pickpocket Ken encountered was the other half-ghoul Mado was pursuing. He obviously targeted him for some reason and Kaneki was intrigued by his odor, probably because it smelled familiar.

Edit : Okay, it's not that I think that Tohka brother is against the pacific ghoul, now I'm SURE he is. I saw a screencap from the english translation and totally wasn't the same thing in french.
minouneetzoeAug 29, 2014 8:36 PM
«Time is passing so quickly. Right now, I feel like complaining to Einstein. Whether time is slow or fast depends on perception. Relativity theory is so romantic. And so sad.»
- Kurisu Makise a.k.a. The Zombie
Aug 29, 2014 9:44 PM

Jul 2013
THE FEELS...

The emotion in this episode was executed perfectly, imean I was genuinely touched from watching Touka's flashback scene

Also I'm so glad they're giving Amon so much attention now. He's my favourite character in this series by far. He's such a badass yet you can tell he still has his morals. I really hope hey doesn't get killed off near the end, it will be a definite struggle between his job and his morals but I hope he ends up maybe siding with the ghouls. If he has to die i really hope it's a noble sacrifice and not a bad guy death :<

Anyways great episode to an already great anime.
The best anime is the Road to El Dorado
Aug 29, 2014 10:44 PM

Sep 2013
Meh slice of life episode.

Looks like the final three episodes will focus on the 20th and 11th ward's fight.
"I have been wielding a blade since before your were swimming around your father's scrotum." - Kurou
Aug 30, 2014 12:16 AM

Apr 2014
Didn't expect them to introduce some characters so soon same for the flashbacks but it was good. Ayato looks pretty Badass. Can't wait to see more of suzuya.
3/5
Aug 30, 2014 2:54 AM

Dec 2013
i feel like the animation quality is dropping... maybe its just me?
i can't wait for the next ep, the action is starting!
Aug 30, 2014 4:09 AM

Jan 2012
Great episode (wish it was longer T^T) - new characters and also a bit of background story (the flashbacks). Not sure what to make of Suzuya yet but we'll see. Ayato looks pretty badass. Curious why they're all after Rize and if they consider Kaneki the new Rize then and acknowledge his powers or if there's going to be trouble.
NendzAug 30, 2014 4:12 AM
Aug 30, 2014 6:00 AM

Jul 2013
NeutralSide said:
Minagatachi said:

Its actually frustrating that you know that your favorite manga is getting butchered literally piece by piece.
That doesn't necessarily mean it's a bad anime, as it is still does its job of entertaining for people who haven't read the manga (and because they are entertained, they will get into the manga, hence mission complete). With that said, I can understand fans getting annoyed because of it not being up to the level of quality they believe it should have.
Aug 30, 2014 6:05 AM
May 2014
Aug 30, 2014 6:07 AM

Apr 2014
Minagatachi said:
NeutralSide said:

That doesn't necessarily mean it's a bad anime, as it is still does its job of entertaining for people who haven't read the manga (and because they are entertained, they will get into the manga, hence mission complete). With that said, I can understand fans getting annoyed because of it not being up to the level of quality they believe it should have.

Quality and Straight up butchering of the story is two different things.Just saying.

Aug 30, 2014 6:33 AM

Feb 2012
=.= I swear if i don't see

Aug 30, 2014 6:42 AM

Nov 2012
xshizuneix said:

IF YOU LIKE DEATH PARADE, GO WATCH BARTENDER!!!
my animesongs chord thread : here bro
Aug 30, 2014 7:36 AM

Apr 2014
ninjastarforcex said:
xshizuneix said:

The sad thing about this I can see it happening about 75%
Unless they take the pacing up a notch to black bullet Level.

Aug 30, 2014 8:37 AM
Mar 2014
Interested to see how the story progresses with the arrival of the 11th ward ghouls.

Also, Touka's dad is evil? Wonder what happened that split them apart.
Aug 30, 2014 9:00 AM

Nov 2012
Raro said:
Interested to see how the story progresses with the arrival of the 11th ward ghouls.

Also, Touka's dad is evil? Wonder what happened that split them apart.

touka's dad arata is one of most badass looking ghoul
IF YOU LIKE DEATH PARADE, GO WATCH BARTENDER!!!
my animesongs chord thread : here bro
Aug 30, 2014 9:01 AM

Mar 2014
Nothing much going on

Just a little look into each character past
Aug 30, 2014 9:20 AM

May 2013
Great episode, Touka was so cute as a child :o

That ending, her brother has arrived :o
Pages (6) « 1 2 [3] 4 5 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Tokyo Ghoul Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Sep 18, 2014

846 by Vindicater »»
May 13, 4:36 AM

Poll: » Tokyo Ghoul Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jul 17, 2014

320 by Vindicater »»
May 8, 5:12 AM

Poll: » Tokyo Ghoul Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

dior - Jul 10, 2014

520 by Vindicater »»
May 4, 8:19 AM

Poll: » Tokyo Ghoul Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jul 3, 2014

860 by Vindicater »»
May 2, 5:29 AM

» Tokyo Ghoul ss3 killed all the hope I have for this series

DatajI - Mar 9

4 by zero00guard »»
Mar 12, 4:20 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.