Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Fullmetal Alchemist
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (6) « 1 2 [3] 4 5 » ... Last »
Oct 13, 2009 2:00 PM

Jun 2009
Meh, it wasn't too bad.
But I've never really been keen on re-cap episodes at all.
Ah well... : <

The OP and ED aren't that bad I guess, though I do still prefer the past songs that were used.
Oct 13, 2009 2:04 PM
Dec 2007
Hmmm, the OP was not that great, especially compared to Sukima Switch's other opener for Kemono no Souja this year, which was simply awesome.

Well, concerning the episode, it was a recap episode, but not a bad one, since it developped some more background of Hohenheim and the Ishbal war, and was fairly nicely directed. Next episode will be much more epic though.

Then, to finish on the ED, the music was average, but since it's featuring Winry, I kinda liked it.

In every age, in every place, the deeds of men remain the same.
Oct 13, 2009 2:17 PM

May 2009
I don't understand why everyone's complaining. It's a fucking recap episode. Jeez.
Oct 13, 2009 2:27 PM

Jun 2009
stAtic91 said:
I don't understand why everyone's complaining. It's a fucking recap episode. Jeez.

Chill dude...
We know it's a re-cap episode. Hence why people didn't like it as much as the others.
Not many people are keen on listening to what has already been done and said.

Sure, for it being a recap episode it was pretty good. But why do you care that people are complaining? Their opinion, not yours.
Oct 13, 2009 3:39 PM

Aug 2007
As a manga reader, I loved the new OP and ED. In fact, in my opinion, this is the best OP for the series so far. Briggs = Win.
Oct 13, 2009 4:16 PM

Nov 2007
Looking forward to next episode.

#Feitoism @ irc.rizon.net - the official IRC channel for Fate Testarossa.
Oct 13, 2009 4:27 PM

Feb 2009
Ew, I hate recap episodes. And I didn't understand a thing from the whole Hohenheim dream.

I like the new OP and ED though. That was about the only positive thing this episode.
Oct 13, 2009 7:22 PM

Feb 2008
While it wasn't very cool to just go right to hohenheim when Ed is going through the gate, it still was interesting. New OP didn't really spoil anything for me, like other people have said, it was more like: Oh, who are those people?
Oct 13, 2009 8:33 PM

Dec 2008
The episode was actually much more interesting than I thought it would be. It was confusing - so it made me wonder about a few things.

The fact that they had a new opening and new ending (which I think are both okay) makes the whole experience of watching this episode to be quite unique - everythign just seems really surreal and new to me. At first I didn't like the opening song, but it's actually not bad, maybe I"m biased because I thought the opening animation was done pretty well.

I can't wait till next episode :)
Oct 13, 2009 11:04 PM

May 2009
Well, that was okay. I don't really like recaps but it's nice to have a little roundup of the story so far.
Oct 13, 2009 11:39 PM

Nov 2008
compared to the previous episode it wasnt good
and the new opening sucked monkey balls
Oct 14, 2009 1:22 AM

Sep 2008
hmmm, this recap was so-so.

it has some spoilers too, which made it more exciting than I thought it would be ^ ^

liked the OP footage, the ED footage was exaggerated with Winry(btw, when did she grow some stuff in her chest? wasn't she nearly flat in the eps -__-!)

the OP & ED songs are so-so, but when compared to previous songs, they suck!

this ep takes 4/5 from me...

waiting for the real FMA.B to continue in next ep xDD
Kaito__KidOct 14, 2009 1:30 AM

When you have eliminated the impossible, whatever remains, however improbable, must be the truth.
Oct 14, 2009 1:59 AM

Apr 2009
i really liked the episode.. at the end it looked like an amv))
also this made my day

Oct 14, 2009 5:21 AM

Apr 2007
What are you guys talking about? Young Pinako ftw. Badass. ^^
Oct 14, 2009 6:12 AM

Jan 2009
lol.. guys what's the problem with the "re-cap" ?! well me myself isn't used to fillers in fma.. i've never expected that this anime would have an filler.. geez.. But in one way or another it was nice... some relaxation between the rush thru the series. Though the 0P and ED came without a warning it was a good ep. (: something different in fma... lol.. it seems some ppl don't like changes (: 3/5
Oct 14, 2009 7:12 AM
Sep 2008
I don't understand why they're treating the OP and ED like that of a 26 episode series (12-13 ep per OP/ED). For starters, this isnt a 26 ep series. and second, unless BONES lied to us, they didnt know how long this series was going to last when they made this decision.

It just seems kinda weird that they would do that, just puts that much more pressure, especially when they start getting later on when they dont know how many eps there will be. (in theory, of course)

Though I am just a bit angsty about the ED, going from one of the best to one of total mediocrity. Though even BONES knows how good it was, because they turned it into an insert song and gave it to us an extra ep longer than it was allotted. I did enjoy that.
Oct 14, 2009 8:04 AM

May 2009
I don't like the new opening and the closing theme music. Even the ones we had before this were much better. Although the opening video is pretty cool. Saw some new characters which was interesting. I'm curious about these:

I just love it when a bunch of new characters are introduced in an anime. It just seems to refresh the anime and breathes new life into it.
honey88foruOct 14, 2009 8:08 AM
Oct 14, 2009 8:25 AM

Feb 2009
That whole episode screamed SPOILER ALERT!

Oct 14, 2009 8:41 AM

Jun 2009
honey88foru said:
I don't like the new opening and the closing theme music. Even the ones we had before this were much better. Although the opening video is pretty cool. Saw some new characters which was interesting. I'm curious about these:

I just love it when a bunch of new characters are introduced in an anime. It just seems to refresh the anime and breathes new life into it.

If you watched the first (season?) of FullMetal Alchemist then the person in the second and third images should be familiar to you.

Where there is no imagination there is no horror. || Arthur Conan Doyle || Happy Halloween!
Oct 14, 2009 8:58 AM

Jul 2008
hm yeah recap ep is recap. at least the next one will be awesome.

Oct 14, 2009 1:32 PM

May 2007
Confusing recap episode. Was happy to hear Let It Out as an insert song though.

Oct 14, 2009 2:22 PM

Oct 2009
5 out of 5.

It may be disappointing to wait 1 week and only see this. But if you put that aside it was really good. I loved it :)
Oct 14, 2009 3:35 PM

Jul 2009
Fuck recap episodes.
Oct 14, 2009 4:54 PM

Feb 2009
For a recap episode it was pretty good, mostly because this show is full of great scenes. The last bit was also very touching, the kind of cliche moment you see in every shounen but it's still emotionally intense mostly due to the music.
Oct 14, 2009 5:33 PM

Nov 2008
Skipped most of it, but loved the end ^^
Young Pinako is awesome :D

OP & ED songs aren't that good, but OP vid is pretty good and Winry FTW!
Oct 14, 2009 5:42 PM
Jan 2009
Darn recaps. At least it was done someone creatively, giving non-manga readers some kind of insight on hohenheim.
Oct 14, 2009 7:54 PM

Sep 2008
wow i'm amazed at the different opinions for this ep! some ppl hate others love it and some are...eeh...w/e. well personally i LOVED it! i was thrown off in the beginning cuz it was a recap but as i kept watching i realized that they only showed the coolest parts of the series. which made me happy cuz it means i won't have to rewatch it just to watch those awesome scenes ^.^ i gotta admit i got teary-eye at the end when trisha was saying that even the smallest steps can change u (not b/c of what she said but cuz of the scenes they showed to prove it). so overall 5/5 ^.^
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Oct 14, 2009 8:46 PM

Apr 2009
Recap, ah well. Father next week tho! Guess we can't win them all and have awesome ep after awesome ep. :P
Oct 14, 2009 9:44 PM

Dec 2007
dam recap xD
Oct 15, 2009 1:08 AM

Apr 2009
Damn flashback-recap episode... -_-

I wasn't too fond of the new OP either. I liked the anime sequences, they were cool. The song, not so much. Eh, but the new ED was okay, not as good as the previous in my opinion. I thought it was a cute Winry ending, plus the two other females. Alas, where is Riza?

I will ignore this one fault since FMA Brotherhood has been amazing up to this point. Hopefully episode 28 will make up for this episode.
Oct 15, 2009 9:22 AM

May 2009
Suzune-chan said:
honey88foru said:

If you watched the first (season?) of FullMetal Alchemist then the person in the second and third images should be familiar to you.

I have (seen)... O_o; It's kinda embarrassing but is that Kimbley? My mind also jumped to Greed but. Still not sure about the third.
Oct 15, 2009 9:39 AM

Feb 2009
Am I the only one who liked the new ED? Then again, I frickin' lurve Winry... So cute with that bandana.

Liked the new OP animation, but the song's going to take some getting used to. For eagle eyed viewers, there's one shot that's very much a spoiler:

As far as the episode itself, not as bad as I thought it would be, but still not that good. It tried to actually make the "new" scenes with Hohenheim somewhat interesting, and wasn't just a straightforward narration of previous events. Bottom line, though... it's still a clip show.

Oct 15, 2009 11:09 AM

Aug 2007
At least we got to see Mustangs's epic scene (short version). Practically everything that you need to know to follow this show was shown, so that makes it a fine recap chapter... As a regular episode, however, the only new thing is the Hohenheim part and ofcourse the OP and EN. Pffrt, 'Yume, ka?' What is this? Shounen in Wonderland? T_T

2.5/5
Dutch anime blogger with a love for Ikuhara's antics and proper storytelling.
Oct 15, 2009 11:50 AM

Apr 2009
why are you complaining ? jeez -_-
this is the best recap i've ever seen.
even if its a recap, it was made Perfectly and pretty much awesome...
5/5
Oct 15, 2009 11:59 AM

Jan 2009
smokes said:
why are you complaining ? jeez -_-
this is the best recap i've ever seen.
even if its a recap, it was made Perfectly and pretty much awesome...

Indeed, this man speaks the truth!
Being a recap, this episode is one heck of a recap, compared to other shit that has been seen before in other shows, so I don't see why people are complaining.
Besides, I think it's pretty good with a recap every now and then, for example 27 eps into the show or so, since, well, all of us might not be remembering some of the important plot points in the earlier episodes?
Protip: I don't really check the forums anymore, so if you want something, take it on my profile.
Is it time for my long-awaited return to the forums? щ(゚Д゚щ) Nope™, probably not.
Oct 15, 2009 4:39 PM
Jul 2018
Fai said:
Alzea said:
Darn, I didn't wake up to watch live streaming because usually fillers are crap (looks like I was right) but OP switch right now? I wanna watch new op~ BTW, is it true that ED is full of Winry (bleh) just like "Motherland" was in anime1?

new op visuals are exciting, although they spoil EVERYTHING that would come down in future chapters...yes even

It should have been better if they left the new op for next week...

Oct 15, 2009 7:59 PM

Dec 2007
Amazing episode, yes indeed! A few others saw something special in this episode as well, and there were also some others who strongly disliked it, very odd.

I'm going to be completely honest, this is my favorite episode of the series thus far. I find it hard to believe myself, but yes, I enjoyed this recap episode more than any other episode. As I saw it, the staff compiled and cleverly presented many of the greatest scenes, settings, and background music that they had at their disposal. I loved it, and I enjoyed the bits of new material they threw in as well.

Maybe the next episode should be a recap of the recap episode, they just may top themselves again.
DunkyOct 15, 2009 8:09 PM
Oct 15, 2009 8:24 PM

May 2009
Fai said:
new op visuals are exciting, although they spoil EVERYTHING that would come down in future chapters..

Doesn't really matter. For someone that hasn't read the manga it's hard to make out the spoilers from the opening. I've seen it several times and I'm not seeing anything that I think would be a spoiler...
All I can say is that the OP gets better each time I watch it. Love the song now.
Oct 15, 2009 9:49 PM

Jul 2008
vrockchick89 said:
wow i'm amazed at the different opinions for this ep! some ppl hate others love it and some are...eeh...w/e. well personally i LOVED it! i was thrown off in the beginning cuz it was a recap but as i kept watching i realized that they only showed the coolest parts of the series. which made me happy cuz it means i won't have to rewatch it just to watch those awesome scenes ^.^ i gotta admit i got teary-eye at the end when trisha was saying that even the smallest steps can change u (not b/c of what she said but cuz of the scenes they showed to prove it). so overall 5/5 ^.^

My thoughts exactly. <3
Oct 15, 2009 10:37 PM

Oct 2007
Blar, recap. It was a rather confusing way to do a recap episode, too, making it a dream of things that Hoheheim shouldn't know and whatnot. A bit spoiler-y, too.

Loved seeing young Pinako, though.
Oct 16, 2009 9:04 AM

Jun 2008
Well, I hadn't watched the episode yet and decided to show a friend the opening not realizing there was a new one. :P I think it was better to change the opening during a flashback then in the middle of the story. Anyway, I thought the flashback was interesting, but I was wanting to see what happens next rather then a review.
Note: I decided not to accept random friend requests. Most of the ones I accept will be people I know from other sites unless I get to know some people here. (=^_^=)
Oct 16, 2009 12:28 PM

Dec 2008
i hate the opening...
::: (\(\
*: (=' :') :*
•.. (,('')('')¤°﹒‧°‧° ☆.(¯`•.•´¯)
.°☆ ‧°‧°☆∴° ☆ ¤º… `•.¸.•´ ☆™
Oct 16, 2009 4:12 PM
Dec 2007
stAtic91 said:
Fai said:
new op visuals are exciting, although they spoil EVERYTHING that would come down in future chapters..

Doesn't really matter. For someone that hasn't read the manga it's hard to make out the spoilers from the opening. I've seen it several times and I'm not seeing anything that I think would be a spoiler...
All I can say is that the OP gets better each time I watch it. Love the song now.Agreed, Opening animations are by essence a spoiler. A summary of sorts of what you should expect/see in the anime. The Introduction you should say.

BTW, I liked the animation of the OP, but the song :-/. Maybe after a couple of episodes I will get used to it. Winry ED was ok. I like Winry, even if she's not as big in the plot. Side-characters need love too (although some Lan-fan love would be awesome).

Oct 16, 2009 4:53 PM

Feb 2009
Leon-Gun said:
stAtic91 said:
Fai said:

Oct 16, 2009 5:45 PM
May 2008
I’m finally all caught up with FMA , which means I will be able to join in the discussion of the eps from now on. ^_^

FMA has definitely become one of my favorite anime series , I love it!!

It has everything; it has comedy, action, suspense, drama, romance; it is absolutely awesome!!!

All the characters are so interesting and complex, you find yourself captivated by them and their respective storylines.

About episode 27…it was a nice episode. I liked how it was focused on Hohenheim and there was more hints suggesting he is the father of the Homunculi. It also made me wonder why Pinako never suspected Hohenheim seeing how he never aged…

I’m not very fond of the opening and of the ending….maybe it’s because I still love the previous opening and ending so much!!!

I can’t wait to watch episode 28!! FMA ftw!!

P.S. Yes I'm a newbie to FMA, I haven't watched the first anime nor have I read the manga.

Destiny-RukiaOct 16, 2009 5:52 PM
Oct 17, 2009 2:07 AM

Jan 2009
Destiny-Rukia said:
I’m finally all caught up with FMA

Uuhh.. Congratulations?
Protip: I don't really check the forums anymore, so if you want something, take it on my profile.
Is it time for my long-awaited return to the forums? щ(゚Д゚щ) Nope™, probably not.
Oct 17, 2009 9:07 AM
May 2008
Oosran said:
Destiny-Rukia said:
I’m finally all caught up with FMA

Uuhh.. Congratulations?

Thank you…I guess…

I so could not wait to watch episode 28 that I went and read chapter 54 and now I can’t wait to watch the next episode even more…although…

Oct 17, 2009 9:48 AM
Jun 2008
I didn't like this episode...
The OP is the worst I've ever seen in my life >.<
Nothing really important happened in this episode, they just summarise of previous happenings...

Well, at least the next one seems to be good.
Oct 17, 2009 12:20 PM

Jun 2009
new OP was good ,man!! not nearly as good as the 1st one but still i think all 3 OPs are as good as each other!! i dont care if it was a filler , i love FMA2 so i loved this ep tooo...wohoo!! 5/5

Oct 17, 2009 2:56 PM
Jul 2018
Do not like the OP song, but the animation and visuals are lovely as always. I like that they included the Briggs group, I mean, that's not really spoilerish at all it's just as someone said before, "Who are they?" There was a very, very, very quick shot of
in the beginning and I don't think TOO many people caught that and even if they did and are not manga readers they probably have no idea why it's like that. I mean it's not like it's obvious or anything. Speaking of which, it looks like the long-awaited (at least for me, since they're one of my favorite characters...:D)
is showing up next episode. :D

ED was meh, lots of Winry. I mean I don't hate her, there are some scenes I like with her, but she's a bothersome character, a constant hindrance to the Elrics. That aside, they could've at least included Riza in the ED with Ran Fan and May :/ Oh well...I never watch the OP/ED except for the first time they're used so I guess it's not that big of a deal.

Hoheinheim has some pretty fucked up and visual dreams. Pinako definitely shrunk at least like...2 or 3 feet too in her old age. I never really had a general idea how tall she was in her youth but...geez. Haha.

This episode though....unnecessary. D:
removed-userOct 17, 2009 2:59 PM
Pages (6) « 1 2 [3] 4 5 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Fullmetal Alchemist: Brotherhood Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Veronin - Apr 5, 2009

621 by Bachira_Fam »»
5 hours ago

Poll: » Fullmetal Alchemist: Brotherhood Episode 64 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Ahenshihael - Jul 4, 2010

976 by e30pedro »»
May 25, 5:36 PM

Poll: » Fullmetal Alchemist: Brotherhood Episode 20 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

adamantine - Aug 16, 2009

216 by TheBrokenBoyy »»
May 24, 11:17 AM

Poll: » Fullmetal Alchemist: Brotherhood Episode 42 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

adamantine - Jan 31, 2010

137 by TheStarscream759 »»
May 18, 7:43 PM

Poll: » Fullmetal Alchemist: Brotherhood Episode 41 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

removed-user - Jan 24, 2010

174 by TheStarscream759 »»
May 18, 7:26 PM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.