Forum Settings
Forums
New
Pages (7) « 1 2 [3] 4 5 » ... Last »
May 21, 2014 9:52 AM

Feb 2010
One day I woke up and had too much time on my hands so I decided to look for a good way to waste it. Voilá.
I probably regret this post by now.
May 21, 2014 10:17 AM

Apr 2011
Procrastinating......... I've got an examination in 2 weeks time.

IntroverTurtle said:
Why did I join an anime listing site? To make a list of the anime I've watched.

You liar.
May 21, 2014 10:18 AM

Mar 2014
Moog- said:
BarryManilow said:
I'm just here to jack off to how much better and more progressive Red_Keys views are than yours. <3

So this is what washed-out celebrities do when they're old news and have too much time on their hands.
That post you quoted was satire and does not accurately represent the views of me. Barry Manilow.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
May 21, 2014 10:18 AM

Sep 2012
BarryManilow said:
I'm just here to jack off to how much better and more progressive Red_Keys views are than yours. <3
Do you know that Paul Gleason raids your wardrobe?
May 21, 2014 10:19 AM

Mar 2014
Red_Keys said:
BarryManilow said:
Are you aware that Paul Gleason raids your wardrobe?
Are you aware that Paul Gleason is dead?
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
May 21, 2014 10:23 AM
Mar 2013
I originally joined to keep track of anime but after seeing Lupadim and Okazaki's threads I decided I would become a troll and here I am
May 21, 2014 10:39 AM

Aug 2013
Dicks.

jk

I types anime forum in google and here I am.
May 21, 2014 10:46 AM

Dec 2012
1.) Make a list
2.) Get recommendations
3.) Waste time i.e derail threads
Schools out, No job at moment, STILL hello MAL Eh..I will try to be online
May 21, 2014 11:17 AM

Sep 2013
To make a list and screw around on the forums.
May 21, 2014 11:31 AM
Mar 2014
To start shit.

And I'm too juvenile to have any sort of social life.
May 21, 2014 11:57 AM

May 2014
I must say I don't entirely understand the point of creating a site for the purposes of...listing all the anime you've watched. To what end? To have a "who's more otaku?" contest?

The forums are the reason to be here.
Anyone who doesn't hate anime hasn't watched enough anime.
- Anonymous
May 21, 2014 11:58 AM
Feb 2014
To make a list and act like I'm on Worldstar.
May 21, 2014 1:16 PM

Aug 2009
Kibura_Iburasa said:
Dicks.

I admit that I am extremely disappointed by the extreme lack of penis around here.

May 21, 2014 9:49 PM
Aug 2012
TheFilthyCasual said:
I must say I don't entirely understand the point of creating a site for the purposes of...listing all the anime you've watched. To what end? To have a "who's more otaku?" contest?

The forums are shit. Lists are where it's at.
May 21, 2014 9:57 PM

Jan 2014
I originally was going to join to mess with someones on here but after some lurking around for a year or so I've decided to join to meet the interesting people on here and of course to keep track of the anime and manga I watched.

May 21, 2014 10:00 PM

Aug 2012
I'm currently moderating the threads of MAL for the sake of the community and to create a better environment for fruitful discussion instead of trollsapallooza land that it used to be.

Oh, and also because it has a great list function.
May 21, 2014 10:00 PM

Jan 2013
To watch animu about cute girls doing cute things.
Please learn about cel animation and its technical process.
Learn how special effects and backlighting were done without computers.

May 21, 2014 10:01 PM

Oct 2013
MellowJello said:
I'm currently moderating the threads of MAL for the sake of the community and to create a better environment for fruitful discussion instead of trollsapallooza land that it used to be.

*sighs*

Also
Cabron said:
To watch animu about cute girls doing cute things.

May 21, 2014 10:09 PM

Apr 2008
Apparently, I'm unable to escape. I've been here for 6 years.
May 21, 2014 10:12 PM

Jan 2014
TheDarkLordOtaku said:
Cause my combined restraining orders, prevent me from entering a 200mile radius around all of civilization. I currently live alone with Heredity, in the North Pole. We take turns jogging on the power wheel, so we can continue posting, but at night we have to use each other's body heat to stay warm.
Damn, sucks to be.... Heredity.

I'm just here for all the free... wait, why am I here again?
May 21, 2014 10:13 PM

Oct 2013
May 21, 2014 10:18 PM

May 2014
PartyPeasant said:
TheFilthyCasual said:

My question was: what is the point of the lists anyway?
- Anonymous
May 21, 2014 10:36 PM
Nov 2008
TheFilthyCasual said:
PartyPeasant said:
TheFilthyCasual said:

to keep track of complex hongchonga show titles and which one to pirate next.
May 21, 2014 10:40 PM

Aug 2011
The list, and to watch people complain about their Chinese cartoons.
May 21, 2014 10:44 PM

May 2014
Heredity said:
TheFilthyCasual said:
PartyPeasant said:
TheFilthyCasual said:

People must have bad memories.
- Anonymous
May 21, 2014 10:47 PM

Apr 2008
TheFilthyCasual said:

It becomes more relevant after 100 or so titles. After 500 I can honestly say sometimes I entirely forget if I've seen something.
May 21, 2014 10:52 PM

May 2014
Plate said:
TheFilthyCasual said:

It becomes more relevant after 100 or so titles. After 500 I can honestly say sometimes I entirely forget if I've seen something.

Would it then be such a bad thing to stumble across it and watch it again?
- Anonymous
May 21, 2014 10:52 PM
Nov 2008
TheFilthyCasual said:
Heredity said:
TheFilthyCasual said:
PartyPeasant said:
TheFilthyCasual said:

'Ore no Nounai Sentakushi ga, Gakuen Love Comedy wo Zenryoku de Jama Shiteiru'
May 21, 2014 10:53 PM

May 2014
Heredity said:
TheFilthyCasual said:
Heredity said:
TheFilthyCasual said:
PartyPeasant said:
TheFilthyCasual said:

Well just by the title I know I'd never watch that anyway.
- Anonymous
May 21, 2014 10:55 PM
Nov 2008
Heredity said:
TheFilthyCasual said:
'Ano Hi Mita Hana no Namae wo Bokutachi wa Mada Shiranai.'
May 21, 2014 10:57 PM

May 2014
Heredity said:
Heredity said:
TheFilthyCasual said:
What about it?
- Anonymous
May 21, 2014 10:57 PM

Nov 2013
Jackrabb1t said:
TheDarkLordOtaku said:
Cause my combined restraining orders, prevent me from entering a 200mile radius around all of civilization. I currently live alone with Heredity, in the North Pole. We take turns jogging on the power wheel, so we can continue posting, but at night we have to use each other's body heat to stay warm.
Damn, sucks to be.... Heredity.

I'm just here for all the free... wait, why am I here again?
He disguised himself as a girl in order to sneak into an all girls high school. Everything was going according to plan, and he was even beginning to develop a minor harem, but it all fell apart when they caught him with a mouth full of used stockings, sniffing week old panties inside of one of the lockers, when the girls were changing. So, don't feel to bad for him, we both know why we ended up here.
May 21, 2014 10:58 PM

Apr 2008
TheFilthyCasual said:
Plate said:
TheFilthyCasual said:

Would it then be such a bad thing to stumble across it and watch it again?

Depends on your goals. Some people, like me, seek out a wide variety of experiences in the medium and so tend to never rewatch things. Those people would probably naturally make lists anyway. Others just use it for a different kind of entertainment and would happily rewatch things if they would enjoy it the same. Personally, I'd rather experience new things than things I've seen before, and would probably start remembering halfway through the same episode.

Plus, it's also nice to have a list when discussing anime so I can remind myself what I have seen and what I thought about them.
May 21, 2014 10:58 PM

Oct 2013
Heredity said:
Heredity said:
TheFilthyCasual said:
Watashi ga motenai no wa dou kangaetemo omaera ga warui
May 21, 2014 11:00 PM
Nov 2008
TheFilthyCasual said:
Heredity said:
Heredity said:
TheFilthyCasual said:
What about it?
what about it indeed.

i sure as hell remember 'ano hana,' and 'noucome,' and 'watamote' but the longer titles not so much.
May 21, 2014 11:02 PM

Mar 2013
Simply because you all contain fabulous overload.

Was hoping you would all share some of it.
Happy Halloween
May 21, 2014 11:05 PM

Oct 2013
There are other titles that, may not be long, but they're complex

Yuretsuzukeru, Zenryou no Itan no Machi, Dead Dead Demon's Dededededestruction and so on
May 21, 2014 11:13 PM

Jul 2011
Plate said:
Depends on your goals. Some people, like me, seek out a wide variety of experiences in the medium and so tend to never rewatch things. Those people would probably naturally make lists anyway. Others just use it for a different kind of entertainment and would happily rewatch things if they would enjoy it the same. Personally, I'd rather experience new things than things I've seen before, and would probably start remembering halfway through the same episode.

Can't say I appreciate your take on the matter. I think people who don't rewatch a show or reread a book are missing out. I gleam something new each time I rewatch a show or reread a book. It's difficult to take in and appreciate all the complexities in the first-go.
May 21, 2014 11:15 PM

Jan 2014
Measure said:
Plate said:

Can't say I appreciate your take on the matter. I think people who don't rewatch a show or reread a book are missing out. I gleam something new each time I rewatch a show or reread a book. It's difficult to take in and appreciate all the complexities in the first-go.
So true. I liked FMP! the first time I watched it, really liked it the second time, loved it the third time.

Hated Black Lagoon the first time, couldn't resist watching it again though, liked it the second time, loved it ever since.

Etc.
May 21, 2014 11:16 PM

Apr 2008
Measure said:

Don't get me wrong, I'm not saying there's nothing to be gained from rewatching, but it's just my preference to tread new ground generally. I've rewatched several things (usually socially) and have found them to be new experiences. I just put stuff I've already seen pretty far down in my queue, which is already endless.
May 21, 2014 11:23 PM

Jul 2011
Plate said:
Measure said:

Don't get me wrong, I'm not saying there's nothing to be gained from rewatching, but it's just my preference to tread new ground generally. I've rewatched several things (usually socially) and have found them to be new experiences. I just put stuff I've already seen pretty far down in my queue, which is already endless.

I used to think the same way, until I found a book I really liked, so I ended up rereading it several times, and I realized I was missing out. So I thought I'd perhaps give you motivation to change your priority rule in how you process items in your queue. Novelty can be very tempting, but I've experienced actually going back -- rewatching old shows and rereading old books allows me to gain a deeper understanding of the material. In general it hones in my analysis skills, and that ends up enhancing my experience with new mediums as well.

Perhaps a bad analogy, but this will have to suffice: you can write a lot of stories but you won't improve as a writer until you go back and edit that one story countless times. I guess this applies more so for reading than watching but nonetheless it's something to consider.
May 21, 2014 11:26 PM
Mar 2014
FacelessVixen said:
Kibura_Iburasa said:
Dicks.

I admit that I am extremely disappointed by the extreme lack of penis around here.

Agreed. MAL is nothing short of a major taco fest.
May 21, 2014 11:28 PM

May 2012
To talk about eugenics, sexism, racism, and transgender people. Why else would I be here?
May 21, 2014 11:30 PM

Jan 2014
YorkKryptonite said:
FacelessVixen said:
Kibura_Iburasa said:
Dicks.

Agreed. MAL is nothing short of a major taco fest.
Now that is just insulting.
May 21, 2014 11:56 PM

Dec 2012
Because HB listing is shit.

May 22, 2014 12:06 AM

Jul 2013
Because I have no direction in life and shitposting keeps my heart ticking
May 22, 2014 12:59 AM
Jul 2018
Because I like it here. Also to make a difference.
May 22, 2014 7:28 AM

Aug 2013
Red_Keys said:
Because I hate myself.
More or less

To keep track of my manga/anime and to discuss things with people who also read/watch.
Want to talk?
Club!

"Would you like an anti-psychotic?"

*Bonus points if you leave a comment about the meaning of my signature.*
May 22, 2014 7:44 AM
Mar 2014
Aylaine said:
Because I like it here. Also to make a difference.

I'm sorry I lol'd harder than I should have.

Personally I'm here to spread the goodness of Heinz beans. It can go on toast, with other stuff, even salad for the vegan idiots. Hell you can even put it in a pie if you wanna. It's a good staple.
May 22, 2014 7:46 AM

Mar 2014
It's nice to be able to relate to other people and talk to them about anime. Some people think it's weird, so it's nice to be on a website where people are a little more understanding.
Pages (7) « 1 2 [3] 4 5 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

» You get teleported to the year 2077. Which body mods do you get first?

Commit_Crime - 9 hours ago

22 by MalchikRepaid »»
25 minutes ago

» Anime Overdose

OmBerry12_Bleach - Today

13 by xfwm4 »»
32 minutes ago

» How would you change the seasons?

Commit_Crime - Yesterday

27 by RainyEvenings »»
37 minutes ago

» 2024 Anime Conventions

GalacticWeiss12 - Sep 14

23 by RainyEvenings »»
39 minutes ago

» 2024–25 NBA season

deg - Jun 26

23 by RainyEvenings »»
41 minutes ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.