Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (3) « 1 2 [3]
Feb 6, 2015 10:22 PM

Feb 2013
^That's pretty much it. I guess in some other world Saya and Riki end up together. This was a great episode! Saya is definitely my number 2 of all the Little Busters girls. Kurugaya is my #1!

Sucks that the other girls appear to get only 2 episodes their arc. I guess it's fine in a way since we know something about them already.
Mar 3, 2015 3:15 PM

Jul 2014
When Saya wakes up at the end, is that before or after the landslide that killed her? Does she actually sill die or does she get to live on? With her being shown waking up as a child, it really confused about whether she actually lives after that or not.

Other than that, great end to the arc even though it was a bit rushed in the end there.

Also, damn you Kyousuke.
Mar 12, 2015 6:03 PM

Jun 2012
Thats a pretty depressing ending.
Jun 9, 2015 7:18 AM
Mar 2013
Saya's arc was meh to me. It was way too different from the series in general in my opinion to the extent I didn't like it that much (and Riki holding and using a gun just feels plain weird). Thankfully the next 2 arcs got back to how the series is.
RoychopJun 9, 2015 10:31 AM
Jun 26, 2015 10:36 PM

Feb 2014
(1) After backing with his father from war, Aya (which is Saya in Kyousuke's world) met Riki. She made her first friend. They played together. After that, they back to their houses. A landslide happened and caught Aya's house and her -> I think that Aya really died here.

^ Everything on item (1) really happened in real life (i.e. outside Kyousuke's world).

(2) Then, everything that happened later is Aya's soul that wandered to Kyousuke's world, materializing as Saya, a main female character of a manga that both she (Aya) and Kyousuke like a lot.

After her death, how she wandered to Kyousuke's world if his world was not created at that time? I think that the time is somehow different when you're dead and compared to the real world time. After her death, I think that Aya's soul stayed in a sort of "limbo" before wandering to Kyousuke's world. So many years have passed when she was in the "limbo" before "waking up" and wandering to Kyousuke's world. When she woke up, for her, it was as if she had slept just some hours, but in fact many years have already passed.
Oh, and she didn't go to the "heaven" (or something like that) because she died with regrets: she had just made her first friend, she was probably loving for the first time, she wanted to feel more and properly this love for the first time but she couldn't because she died.

Besides, Aya looking like Saya is just a coincidence, I think. They made it like that just to viewers do not get lost: "See, my viewers, Aya is somehow Saya, Ok?" -> but this somehow also confused us. Emerging the subject: "How she's a teenager..?!"
Aya is Aya. And Saya is just a main heroine from a manga that looks like Aya (If she had not died and if she had grown up) that was used as a materialization reference for Aya. In other words, this is just a coincidence: if Aya had not died she would (probably) look like Saya from the manga.
In other words, it's not like she grown up, she just materialized Saya which is a teenager in the manga, just as Riki and all the others nowadays. She's the Aya with the personality that she had before died materialized with the appearence of Saya used as reference.

(3) Then, after the game in Kyousuke's world finished for Saya (which is Aya), it's shown that she woke up and she thinking that she was alive and made it look that everything was a dream (since she first met Riki untill the end for her in Kyousuke's world). But I think it wasn't a dream. She really died and she really wandered to Kyousuke's world. What we see at this point now I think it's a "world"/imagination that Aya unconsciously created for her after everything that happened untill now. A "world" where she can be "forever" with Riki, a world where she can "properly" feel love for the first time and be happy "forever and ever" playing around with what (and who) made her feel warm feelings for the first time.

PS1.: I really thought (and still think) in the idea that she had really back in time, but I think that the other theory above is more plausible, otherwise she would die again in the landslide and it would make no sense, seeing how everything as ended and in what they (author and producers) wanted to show and convey to us, I think. Consequently, that time-machine never existed, it was a lie all the time.

PS2.: So yes, that landslide really happened in real life and she really died due to that. Everything after is her soul that materialized as Saya from the manga that she (Aya) and Kyousuke like a lot. She really died, she's really... dead. Damn it! Why..?! Saya/Aya! I feel so much for her, really! I feel her pain and everything that she passed through! I want so much to do something for her but I just can't!!! I want to comfort her, but I.. can't..! Even I could, I would be able..?! Since she's already dead...? Damn it! Damn!

PS3.: I never played the Visual Novel, now I want to play it! ^_^

TechOtakuJun 27, 2015 12:24 AM
Aug 23, 2015 6:34 AM

Mar 2010
This arc was WAY too long. Fortunately, it's finally over. Saya's character was pretty mess and story was generally quite different than the main plot of LB and far worse. Hope that next arc will be more interesting.
Sep 15, 2015 6:39 PM

May 2012
Oh boy this sure was something else! I was thinking something like that was going on already with the beginning of this episode but then with that ending it sure made it all the more lovely! I do wonder what the next 4 episodes will offer but these four sure were very lovely!
Nov 9, 2015 1:41 PM

Feb 2015
Saya = 11th Little Buster please
Nov 28, 2015 9:05 PM

Aug 2009
listening to the full version of Saya's song right now and the feels is strong...

id like to think of it as Saya reincarnated into another world where she and riki safely grew up together

i think it's a good arc as a non-vn viewer
Jan 7, 2017 12:48 PM

Sep 2015
Dam...now I truly wished Aya would have her own place in the main series. Did Kyousuke(Dark Ex) make a world for her?
Feb 17, 2019 5:55 AM

Apr 2013
Pretty meh first half of this EX-series. Seems like it will continue with some weird supernatural stuff, I wish they would just make something more like season 1 again *sigh*
Nov 10, 2020 10:07 AM

Feb 2018
Bad end Saya, hmm... Yeah this is father ending, JK

I was surprised when Saya back to child
Jul 30, 2021 2:06 AM
Shalltear

Apr 2018
Nice explanations about Saya and her "brutal" backstory, good thing that even though it was sad and emotional with that farewell scene with Riki it turned into a happy ending at the end, she deserves it!
Aug 5, 2021 12:54 PM
🦆👑

Jan 2020
Wow. That was a pretty beautiful ending.

The music usage with that final scene was perfection and I did think this was a pretty good first half overall

Pages (3) « 1 2 [3]

More topics from this board

Poll: » Little Busters!: EX Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Mar 25, 2014

88 by Chanmiku »»
Jan 16, 2023 12:26 PM

Poll: » Little Busters!: EX Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Jul 29, 2014

80 by TheOtaku-San »»
Feb 11, 2022 2:06 AM

Poll: » Little Busters!: EX Episode 7 Discussion

Stark700 - Jul 29, 2014

39 by ManWild »»
Aug 5, 2021 1:53 PM

Poll: » Little Busters!: EX Episode 6 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Jun 24, 2014

56 by ManWild »»
Aug 5, 2021 1:29 PM

Poll: » Little Busters!: EX Episode 5 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - May 27, 2014

52 by ManWild »»
Aug 5, 2021 1:27 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.