Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »
Dec 2, 2007 8:52 AM

Sep 2007
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------

ZOMG!!!!! an awesome episode!!!
especially the end where it seems that yuji is the guy in the gin armor.
the storyline has a great potenzial.
i am really looking foarward to more of this season.
ok like we predicted yuri died. was a great end trough, especially where the moths were flying toward him.

TenshinDec 2, 2007 8:55 AM
Dec 2, 2007 9:29 AM

Sep 2007
OMG What does this mean?
If I remember right, they said Silver can take any shape or form.
Is he silver?
Something made by Silver?
WHAT IS HE?!?!??!
TELL MEH NOW!!! I DONT WANNA W8 A WEEK!!!! jas;dlfkjas;dlkfjas;ldfkj;lsadkjfsadf
adsasd;flkajsdf;laksjf;laksjdflkasjd

I rate this episode 1,0000000000000000 out of 10. :D BUT GIVE ME MORE NOWASDKFaslkfja;sdlkfja
Sorry if I'm spamming; I'm REALLY anticipating the next ep now. Though from the looks of the preview, I don't think they'll tell us what's going on with Silver for awhile.
Also...
I anticipate a 3rd season.
Why?
Almost half the series is over, and they still have to do the following:
Reveal the connection between Hecate and...wow, forgot her name. But the girl who looks like Hecate. Oh, btw, I think that the girl who looks like Hecate is a tomogara, and the butler as well. Remember how the braclet flashed for a second in that one episode? I think that's a item of sorts that allows one to appear human.
Get ALL the couples to make out. (lol. But I'm serious, if they plan on ending this at season 2, which I doubt, that's what they usually do.)
Have Shana finish off the wierd Tomogara from the first few episodes...I still think that one's still around somewhere...
Have Margery finish off Silver(if they end it on season 2) and/or explain why Yuji's fuzetsu is silver.
Explain the "Keeper" on the .Reiji Maigo
Introduce AT LEAST one new character (the one in the opening).
and probably some other things I've forgotten.
anon7924Dec 2, 2007 12:23 PM
Dec 2, 2007 10:13 AM
Anime DB Admin
BACK FOR MORE?

Jan 2007
Okay this episode was great, I loved how it ended with Yuji's Fusetzu and the look Shana had in her eyes. Really enjoyed Yuri's/Margery's story as well. Can't wait for the next episode. Shana involved in a Costume Party? Bring it on!

But I'm afraid I didn't quite grasp the meaning of Yuji's Fusetzu being silver colored. Could anyone quickly break it down for me before I have to rewatch? :D

staff.applications  
guidelines.faq 

report.abuse  

thx.skittles  
thx.kina 

[H+] ³  
Dec 2, 2007 10:38 AM
Nov 2007
Great episode and I loved the back story.
Dec 2, 2007 11:00 AM

Sep 2007
cyruz said:
Okay this episode was great, I loved how it ended with Yuji's Fusetzu and the look Shana had in her eyes. Really enjoyed Yuri's/Margery's story as well. Can't wait for the next episode. Shana involved in a Costume Party? Bring it on!

But I'm afraid I didn't quite grasp the meaning of Yuji's Fusetzu being silver colored. Could anyone quickly break it down for me before I have to rewatch? :D

In SNS (the original) Margery talked about how a Tomogara with a Silver flame "destroyed her life". We don't know exactly what happened. We don't know the full significance of Yuji's Fuzetsu being silver other than it has relation to the Tomogara with a silver flame.
Dec 2, 2007 11:05 AM
Anime DB Admin
BACK FOR MORE?

Jan 2007
Oh right, it all comes back. Thank you.

That creates a very interesting twist. I knew this season wouldn't let us down.

staff.applications  
guidelines.faq 

report.abuse  

thx.skittles  
thx.kina 

[H+] ³  
Dec 2, 2007 12:22 PM

Sep 2007
This just came to mind:
Pure speculation, but what if Yuji is the son of Silver? Sounds sort of wierd, but when you consider that Yuji couldn't hurt a fly, you've got to consider that. Not to mention it looks like next episode Yuji's father is coming back from somewhere.
Dec 2, 2007 12:25 PM
Anime DB Admin
BACK FOR MORE?

Jan 2007
MUDSKIP said:
This just came to mind:
Pure speculation, but what if Yuji is the son of Silver? Sounds sort of wierd, but when you consider that Yuji couldn't hurt a fly, you've got to consider that. Not to mention it looks like next episode Yuji's father is coming back from somewhere.

Certainly makes sense, would be good timing. Makes me even more excited for next week.

staff.applications  
guidelines.faq 

report.abuse  

thx.skittles  
thx.kina 

[H+] ³  
Dec 2, 2007 12:28 PM

Jan 2007
Great episode. I gotta say that Yuri's powers were hella tight. It was really cool to see all those moths coming together. And yeah, it was a nice twist to have Yuji's fuzetsu silver. Can't wait to see the explanation for that.
Dec 2, 2007 12:56 PM

May 2007
Yeah, great....
But i'm sure we can predict a battle shana x daw or yuuji x daw, cuz daw will think that was yuuji who scr*wd up her past, which is very cliche.
(Take a look at zero no tsukaima II.)

They made pretty easy to guess who is coming home at the preview.....

meh,i hope i'm thinking too much.
Dec 2, 2007 1:49 PM
Aug 2007
Or maybe Silver previously had the Reijo Maigo w/e its called. Awesome episode.. need to elaborate more on the silver and keeper thing....
Dec 2, 2007 2:09 PM

Jul 2007
That twist bit was well cool, I can't wait to watch it further XD.
Dec 2, 2007 2:47 PM

Sep 2007
Ooh, nice episode. Love all the action it had. I smiled when Yuji finally cast Fuzetsu but then I blinked a couple times in surprise because I wasn't expecting it to be silver. Nice twist ^^
Dec 2, 2007 2:50 PM

Nov 2007
this episode was fantastic, finally got a good dose of action.

the only downside?

NOT ENOUGH SHANA! T_T
Dec 2, 2007 3:07 PM
Observer

Nov 2007
Faust721 said:
Great episode. I gotta say that Yuri's powers were hella tight. It was really cool to see all those moths coming together. And yeah, it was a nice twist to have Yuji's fuzetsu silver. Can't wait to see the explanation for that.

Actually, each Flame Haze or Tomogara have a distinct "flame" color. (Did they mention that in the anime?) Alastor's is crimson red. Yuji having a colored flame means that either:
1-he just gained the status of a king of guze or a tomogara
2-a king of guze or tomogara is hidden inside him.

The following are taken from Japanese Wikipedia under フレイムヘイズ
and 紅世の徒. I cannot confirm the information because I have not read the novels.

SPOILER:

Tell me if I misinterpreted the information.
wakka9caDec 2, 2007 3:23 PM
bla bla bla
The endless debate between fans and haters. At one point, after spending a lot of time on MAL, you just realize it's totally pointless.
Niko-kun said:
On MAL, everyone who has used the lame rating system becomes a critic and an intellectual by default, haven't you heard?
Dec 2, 2007 3:11 PM

Feb 2007
MUDSKIP said:
This just came to mind:

Yeah, my first thoughts too. We'll see...

edit: Ah, another interesting post right before mine... Too many spoilers without hiding them, but it certainly makes sense with the Keeper. I was thinking among the same/similar lines since the Keeper was first mentioned, but this is even more than I would've guessed.
luinthoronDec 2, 2007 3:14 PM
Dec 2, 2007 3:17 PM
Anime DB Admin
BACK FOR MORE?

Jan 2007
wakka9ca said:
<snip>

Use the (spoiler) (/spoiler) tag please. Replace ( and ) with [ and ].

What I've read elsewhere is that Yuji's dad has nothing to do with all this. It seems to be more related to the history of the Reji Maigo.

staff.applications  
guidelines.faq 

report.abuse  

thx.skittles  
thx.kina 

[H+] ³  
Dec 2, 2007 5:16 PM

May 2007
wakka9ca said:

DON'T READ THE SPOILERS ABOVE IF YOU REALLY WANT TO ENJOY THIS SERIES
Sorry for posting nothing other then spoilers .,,,.(_ _).,,,.
Dec 2, 2007 5:31 PM

Nov 2007
Nice episode, first one I've actually enjoyed of this season. Hoping for more of the same in the future.
Dec 2, 2007 5:34 PM
Observer

Nov 2007
Ryushi said:
wakka9ca said:

DON'T READ THE SPOILERS ABOVE IF YOU REALLY WANT TO ENJOY THIS SERIES
Sorry for posting nothing other then spoilers .,,,.(_ _).,,,.

Hmm... Why need translation for such trivial matter? I can read kanji pretty well and my Japanese is not bad right now. Babylon, you say...I may try that in the future for Russian translation.....Do you have to pay?

What part of it is wrong again?

I hope I'm right....
wakka9caDec 2, 2007 5:44 PM
bla bla bla
The endless debate between fans and haters. At one point, after spending a lot of time on MAL, you just realize it's totally pointless.
Niko-kun said:
On MAL, everyone who has used the lame rating system becomes a critic and an intellectual by default, haven't you heard?
Dec 2, 2007 5:47 PM

May 2007
oh! you are right. srry
.,,,.(_ _).,,,.

My bad. =P

Btw, babylon you have to pay.

... srry again. =P
RyushiDec 2, 2007 5:58 PM
Dec 2, 2007 6:02 PM

Jul 2007
Finally this season is getting interesting. Sure took a while... Can't wait to see more of it.
Dec 2, 2007 8:51 PM

Sep 2007
Yea, I am expecting this instead of the drama earlier .

Great episode
Dec 3, 2007 12:30 AM

Oct 2007
Awesome epi... hmmm Silver + Yuji?? Maybe Yuji's dad? Anyways, can't wait for the next epi... what will Shana's costume would be?? ^_^

Dec 3, 2007 1:00 AM

Jun 2007
MUDSKIP said:
but when you consider that Yuji couldn't hurt a fly, you've got to consider that.
His dad is not really around so we can thank his mother for how he is.

Dec 3, 2007 1:13 AM

Aug 2007
I liked the episode, especially the ending. I hope the next few episodes focus on Shana/ Yuji more (with action).
Dec 3, 2007 4:14 AM

Jul 2007
I also liked but omg... When the Flame Haze that died used his power at start i felt sooo... Cant escribe it but it was so childish the prashe hes used like Power Rangers or Sailormonn or something.. Dunno if u can understand what i mean... My younger bro came into the room at that part and i felt so ashamed... My point is that overreacting sometimes with the script :) Anwyays nice ep I think in the future There will be a battle Shana Vs Margery (Shana protecting Yuzi).In the end Shana will try to finish her after a hard battle but Keisaku( who might be flame haze or have some minor powers atm) will save her either by dying or by living in a critical situation. :) I didnt add any spolier taggs cause this totally a guess havent any clues about it or read anything about it ...
Dec 3, 2007 4:27 AM

Oct 2007
WOW great episode XD the action was really good!

looking forward to the next episode :D
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Dec 3, 2007 9:01 AM

Aug 2007
I like this episode, it finally looks like they have finally found some balance between character development and fighting.

I can't wait for what happens next, and I hope this ties with the Silver guy. (I want to him)
Dec 3, 2007 11:53 AM

Sep 2007
Silver could be what is protecting the Reiji Maigo...
And odds are that is Yuji's father in the next one.
Ah cheese, the devil's play thing.

Dec 3, 2007 12:03 PM

Jun 2007
This episode was so good! There was so much drama at the end and I learnt a bit more about Margery Daw. Also, isn't it funny how his father, or whoever that guy is in the preview, conveniently returned after the whole Silver Fuzetsu drama....... I don't know, maybe it's just me.......
Dec 3, 2007 6:10 PM

Aug 2007
oo.. cliffhanger ending
Dec 3, 2007 10:22 PM

May 2007
If Silver do have a relation to Yuji, it's a damn huge surprise. Imagine, after all those time working with Margery. Since the cliffhanger here just threw us off episode 9's story, I'll just say great battle! Nothing like a bloody bath action in Shana.
Dec 4, 2007 1:01 AM

Nov 2007
Definitely looks like the drama arc from the first 7 episodes is finished. And the fighting comes back, and I'm able to tell some friends to start watching again. I've been watching it all so far, but others have dropped off waiting for when their action from season one will come back.

So 8 and 9 provide that. With great backstory and some interesting twists, too. I'm curious about this silver thing.

Felt bad for Yuri, but I guess he did help in the end... Does Valac die, too, or does s/he just wait for a new contract in the future?
Dec 4, 2007 1:34 AM

Jul 2007
Amazing ep, and now this. I'm going to make my predictions how the rest of Season 2 is going to go, and there was a lot of info in the last two minutes to do that.

Alright, here goes...

Yuji's silver Fuzetsu and the silver Tomogara are surely no coincidence. My hypothesis is that a Keeper is a Tomogara that protects the Hougu from being removed. Thus, there is a Tomogara (the silver Tomogara) inside Yuji. Now that Yuji's control over power of existence has taken form, the Tomogara within him is beginning to awaken.

Margery will surely find out and set out to destroy the silver Tomogara, even if it means destroying Yuji. Shana vs. Margery Round 2 for all the dice. Margery has said she will risk her life to kill the silver Tomogara. I predict Margery will die, whether it be at Bal Masque's hands using this to their advantage or at Shana's hands. At the same time, I believe Keisaku will try to protect Margery and die in the crossfire, only to be saved and become the new vessel for Marcosius.

Oh I can only imagine the shit that can come out of something like that!

But yeah... amazing ep... next episode looks like it's back to non-action, but with the tags Shana, Kazumi, Chigusa, and cosplay, I shall manage through ^^
My first novel, Kardia has been published! Click here to read!
Dec 4, 2007 3:16 AM

Sep 2007
Heh, good hypothesis, it'd be cool if it comes out like that
Ah cheese, the devil's play thing.

Dec 4, 2007 11:06 AM
Observer

Nov 2007
Splitter said:
Amazing ep, and now this. I'm going to make my predictions how the rest of Season 2 is going to go, and there was a lot of info in the last two minutes to do that.

Alright, here goes...

Yuji's silver Fuzetsu and the silver Tomogara are surely no coincidence. My hypothesis is that a Keeper is a Tomogara that protects the Hougu from being removed. Thus, there is a Tomogara (the silver Tomogara) inside Yuji. Now that Yuji's control over power of existence has taken form, the Tomogara within him is beginning to awaken.

Margery will surely find out and set out to destroy the silver Tomogara, even if it means destroying Yuji. Shana vs. Margery Round 2 for all the dice. Margery has said she will risk her life to kill the silver Tomogara. I predict Margery will die, whether it be at Bal Masque's hands using this to their advantage or at Shana's hands. At the same time, I believe Keisaku will try to protect Margery and die in the crossfire, only to be saved and become the new vessel for Marcosius.

Oh I can only imagine the shit that can come out of something like that!

But yeah... amazing ep... next episode looks like it's back to non-action, but with the tags Shana, Kazumi, Chigusa, and cosplay, I shall manage through ^^

No spoiler but even in the lattest novels it hasn't been confirmed that silver has anything to do with Yuji.
bla bla bla
Niko-kun said:
Dec 4, 2007 11:50 AM

Aug 2007
Kick ass episode. 5/5 Silver! o.O

Only slight I could find with this epi was that there wasn't enough Shana. <3

Felli disapproves of this thread.
Dec 4, 2007 12:00 PM
Anime DB Admin
BACK FOR MORE?

Jan 2007
But she was smiling, that was good enough.

staff.applications  
guidelines.faq 

report.abuse  

thx.skittles  
thx.kina 

[H+] ³  
Dec 4, 2007 1:56 PM

Jun 2007
i swear... i forgot about silver with all that character development arc...

it is interesting to see yuuji taking some action now, and now it really seems like he is the whole center of everything (not that he wasnt before... but now it makes more sense)
seeing the silver flames makes me think that the keeper he has is something related to the silver margery is looking for, maybe an artefact he created to seal off mystes, and somehow yuuji got ahold of it, either from his dad, or someone else from the past...

even if i read the spoilers before, these were my thoughts before... now... its time to try to erase memories, and forget about the spoilers, but seeing how clumsy i am, i will probably forget by the time the real action takes place, which makes me kind of happy... i guess..

i am anticipating yuuji's dad for the next episode, even if it looks too obvious...

it was a really awesome episode! action for the win desu
Dec 5, 2007 6:26 PM

Oct 2007
It was an ok episode, but from the preview seems the next one will sux big time
Dec 5, 2007 7:34 PM

Sep 2007
Agronopolos said:
It was an ok episode, but from the preview seems the next one will sux big time

I don't think it'll be like the first episodes of the season, the upcoming one seems like it may have at least some substance to it.

Did you know there's a Phantasy Star Club?
Dec 6, 2007 1:20 PM

Jun 2007
Ep 10 was fun. Family, friends what more could you ask for? Its a nice break from the flashback that just happened. YAYZ one of my fave charaters comes back ^^
Dec 6, 2007 1:42 PM
Anime DB Admin
BACK FOR MORE?

Jan 2007
Isis said:
Ep 10 was fun. Family, friends what more could you ask for? Its a nice break from the flashback that just happened. YAYZ one of my fave charaters comes back ^^
Whoa, my eyes don't work today. I actually read 'Episode 9 Discussion' in the topic title. o.O
cyruzDec 6, 2007 1:49 PM

staff.applications  
guidelines.faq 

report.abuse  

thx.skittles  
thx.kina 

[H+] ³  
Dec 8, 2007 3:57 PM

Nov 2007
Ep 9 was pretty sweet, next ep was not so bad either
Jun 28, 2008 5:52 PM

Feb 2008
NO WHERE DID THE ACTION GO?!?

92% of teens have moved on to rap. If you are part of the 8% who still listens to real music, copy and paste this into your signature.
Jul 19, 2008 10:23 PM

Apr 2008
so Margery wants to seek revenge on Yuji!?

Aug 22, 2008 2:22 AM

Jul 2008
Silver Flames... so Yuji is somehow related to the Tomogara that Margery seeks.
Nov 4, 2008 1:59 AM

Mar 2008
blackfeather_58 said:
Silver Flames... so Yuji is somehow related to the Tomogara that Margery seeks.

yup guess so, oh nooooooz >_< sucks for everyone i guess
Feb 13, 2009 8:22 AM

Jul 2008
I like the battle scenes. They're made so well ! Ands Margery was injured, blood was looking nice but I'm little pitying her....

I need more Shana ! ;;__________;;

Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Shakugan no Shana II Episode 24 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

nukedeggs - Mar 27, 2008

212 by k4rlo »»
May 17, 5:33 AM

Poll: » Shakugan no Shana II Episode 10 Discussion

cyruz - Dec 11, 2007

49 by almightybismarck »»
Apr 12, 11:27 PM

Poll: » Shakugan no Shana II Episode 7 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Cloudy - Nov 23, 2007

69 by AdityaRizkiS »»
Jan 19, 10:09 AM

Poll: » Shakugan no Shana II Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Sobzob - Nov 24, 2007

61 by almightybismarck »»
Oct 18, 2023 9:25 AM

Poll: » Shakugan no Shana II Episode 6 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Faust721 - Nov 10, 2007

63 by almightybismarck »»
Sep 27, 2023 11:19 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.