Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »
Dec 8, 2013 3:52 AM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Dat blue mask...came off.

Surprise, surprise. Sakura better be ready. She better be. Oh who am I kidding, there's going to be more screaming coming.
Dec 8, 2013 6:21 AM

Sep 2011
Hahaha lol tht twist! I call it> then again tht had coming a mile away=D

Sakura will surely win next ep.
Dec 8, 2013 6:54 AM
Jun 2008
yea it's a shocking swerve everyone indeed "IT'S ME SAKURA! IT WAS ME ALL ALONG, SAKURA"

indeed yea still watching female wrestling anime indeed the hidden show stealer to watch.
LIVING THE GS-LIFESTYLE
MR.GS
JUST ON THE JOURNEY THROUGH THE ANIME WORLD
THE KLAC OF ANIME WORLD
you either with ANIME http://myanimelist.net/clubs.php?cid=24159 or against the anime
Dec 8, 2013 6:58 AM

May 2013
Dat twist....... I saw that coming tho <_<

Next episode will be interesting, lets see what happens
Dec 8, 2013 8:10 AM
Jul 2018
Oh my God! I never saw that coming! Super special awesome plot twist! lol
Dec 8, 2013 8:13 AM

May 2013
Wow now that's a shocker. So that's explains why she would attack Rio before, just to get back at her. Can't wait for the next episode.
Dec 8, 2013 8:55 AM

Jun 2012
Oh look, jealous-chan makes her return!
Dec 8, 2013 9:59 AM

Feb 2008
Well, nothing surprising here after all she want Sakura back in Sweet Diva.
We don't really know if Sakura will actually win here or not.

Nothing ventured, nothing gained (Girls und Panzer der Film ) / from Nishizumi Miho

Dec 8, 2013 10:21 AM

Apr 2010
Woah, honestly did not expect that one coming. I thought it was weird that Elena was bandaged up during her interview, and I assumed Blue Panther would turn out to not be Sanada Juri, but I didn't put two and two together to suspect Elena of being Blue Panther.
Dec 8, 2013 11:30 AM

Jan 2012
Blackbird said:
Well, nothing surprising here after all she want Sakura back in Sweet Diva.
We don't really know if Sakura will actually win here or not.

I'm going to preemptively say that I have not read the manga nor know of anyone who reads it but I don't think she'll actually lose this one and would be weird if she did. Unless they think of some weird thing to let her wrestle even after losing. The next episode will probably be Sakura getting her ass kicked for a bit and a lot of talking in between and maybe a little flashback part on Elena training then the final aired episode will probably be Sakura winning then doing Sakura Special mk II or something and Elena and Sakura hug on the ring afterwards or something.
Dec 8, 2013 11:58 AM
Nov 2013
Elena replacing Juri! I'm sure the reason would be obvious, but is there more to this than meets the eye?

Seeing how Sakura is trapped in that sleeper hold, Elena must've gotten training from either Juri herself, Miyabi, or another source.

I have a feeling that the following episodes are gonna be one emotional, dramatic, and wild ride. This ultimately can affect not only Sakura's career, but also her friendship with Elena and relations with Sweet Diva.

I wonder if compromise is possible here...
CrimsonFox44Dec 8, 2013 12:34 PM
Dec 8, 2013 12:56 PM

Dec 2009
Wow, I am both surprised and not at the same time at that twist. I kinda suspected Blue Panther to be Elena in a way considering the cover of Volume 5 is Elena in a wrestling outfit and she wants Sakura to come back to Sweet Diva. Also this is another major change from the manga since in the preview images of the fight, Blue Panther has her mask on. So I guess they did this move to shock the viewers, and goddamn did it work!

In other news Moe's match with Sakura was cool, sure the outcome was predictable but it was enjoyable to see.

And watching this blind is better then knowing what happens, especially at this part in the series.
Dec 8, 2013 12:58 PM

Sep 2012
CybeastGregarX said:
Wow, I am both surprised and not at the same time at that twist. I kinda suspected Blue Panther to be Elena in a way considering the cover of Volume 5 is Elena in a wrestling outfit and she wants Sakura to come back to Sweet Diva. Also this is another major change from the manga since in the preview images of the fight, Blue Panther has her mask on. So I guess they did this move to shock the viewers, and goddamn did it work!
You're right, in the manga Elena does NOT take off her mask at the start of the fight. She starts the fight with her mask on with the rules about taking it off if she loses applying. However... mild manga spoiler does not reveal the winner:
Dec 8, 2013 1:47 PM
Jul 2018
I was surprised at the end.

Elena replaced Juri to be the Blue Panther. She really wants Sakura to come to Sweet Diva.
Dec 8, 2013 3:28 PM

Apr 2011
nice twist
Dec 8, 2013 3:36 PM

Mar 2012
I don't understand this anime, I really don't... What the f**k is happening? Elena is the Blue Panther, and the Blue Panther is strong. Why is Elena strong when she probably did nothing until now? Was she training with that woman that was the supposed Blue Panther?

Someone explain me this please.

(I really did like the ending of this episode, it was unexpected to me, but it's strange.
I don't like this anime, but this episode was not that bad)
Dec 8, 2013 3:56 PM

Dec 2009
bigzzcobzz said:
I don't understand this anime, I really don't... What the f**k is happening? Elena is the Blue Panther, and the Blue Panther is strong. Why is Elena strong when she probably did nothing until now? Was she training with that woman that was the supposed Blue Panther?

(I really did like the ending of this episode, it was unexpected to me, but it's strange.
No shit she was training with Juri, Watson. It's not that hard to figure out considering her Sleeper Hold was similar to Juri's which is why Jackal and Misaki mistaken her for Juri. What cannot be understood about a concept as simple as wrestling? It is easily understandable.
Dec 8, 2013 4:10 PM

Feb 2012
Wow the ending really got me, I'm so hyped now for next week.

Too bad Moe lost tho, but still it was a good fight.
Dec 8, 2013 4:27 PM

Feb 2011
I really hope Sakura owns her.
Dec 8, 2013 4:54 PM

Feb 2012
CybeastGregarX said:
bigzzcobzz said:

No shit she was training with Juri, Watson. It's not that hard to figure out considering her Sleeper Hold was similar to Juri's which is why Jackal and Misaki mistaken her for Juri. What cannot be understood about a concept as simple as wrestling? It is easily understandable.

I think/I have a feeling that Blue Panther was indeed Juri when the wrestlers were still fighting under the Rookies event where she was able to impale her opponent's leg out of a few seconds then finally, winning the match. Since after the fight, Sakura has been seen vigorously angered by what Blue Panther has done thus, having making Elena an idea of what she should do to make Sakura come back as a member of their idol group. Given the opportunity, she seeks for help/trained for herself then asked Juri if she could replace her position under the name of "Blue Panther"/or any other means. I suspect that at that time, Elena was secretly still having supplementary lessons under Juri's hence, seeing her doing the same as Juri's. After a little tad of training, She then replaced Juri crashing the fight between Rio and Sakura thus, seeing her as the Blue Panther who has come to take off the mask.

This is just my theory though of what truly happened.
Dec 8, 2013 5:39 PM

Dec 2008
I fucking knew something like this was going to happen. All dat foreshadowing and emoness! 10/10. This anime seriously got better after the first 3 eps.
Dec 8, 2013 6:05 PM

Jan 2013
What in the seven hells? how is that possible? Theres no way it could be Elena man, either she sucks or Juri trained her the whole time because Elena was still jealous
Dec 8, 2013 6:15 PM

Dec 2009
Kentaku said:
What in the seven hells? how is that possible? Theres no way it could be Elena man, either she sucks or Juri trained her the whole time because Elena was still jealous
Yes Juri trained her, it's not hard to figure out. And Elena is super strong thanks to the training since she was able to force Suzumoto to tap out in seconds and knocked out Rio with a sleeper.
Dec 8, 2013 6:35 PM

Dec 2008
Kentaku said:
Theres no way it could be Elena man, either she sucks or Juri trained her the whole time because Elena was still jealous

The only thing Elena would have possibly been jealous of is Pro Wrestling itself. She's not jealous of Sakura, she just wants her back.
Dec 8, 2013 6:38 PM

Jul 2008
There are as many stars in the universe as wat were had this episode.
Dec 8, 2013 6:38 PM

Feb 2012
I'm surprised Elena was able to keep this a secret all this time.
Dec 8, 2013 6:41 PM

Sep 2012
Yvese said:
I'm surprised Elena was able to keep this a secret all this time.
The main manga story is 25 chapters, the last 4 chapters have been an Elena side story, about her training etc.
Dec 8, 2013 6:57 PM

Feb 2012
CybeastGregarX said:
Kentaku said:
Yes Juri trained her, it's not hard to figure out. And Elena is super strong thanks to the training since she was able to force Suzumoto to tap out in seconds and knocked out Rio with a sleeper.

My Theory is also possible that it was really Juri who first appeared as the Blue Panther or Am i missing something?

Wikipedia says its Elena indeed but I have that feeling that it was Juri who impaled Suzumoto.
Dec 8, 2013 7:09 PM

Dec 2009
hpulley said:
The main manga story is 25 chapters, the last 4 chapters have been an Elena side story, about her training etc.
And how do you even know this when Volume 4 isn't on the net to download? Besides with Volume 5 on the way in development we might get more info and such about what will happen afterwards as well as a season 2.
Dec 8, 2013 7:14 PM

Dec 2008
CybeastGregarX said:
hpulley said:
And how do you even know this when Volume 4 isn't on the net to download? Besides with Volume 5 on the way in development we might get more info and such about what will happen afterwards as well as a season 2.

Because you don't need to find it online to have read it? There are other ways to obtain volumes.
i.e; buying it.
Dec 8, 2013 7:19 PM
Jul 2012
Oh damn, that reveal actually caught me off guard. I bought that the Blue Panther was Juri from the previous episode but there was always that feeling at the back of my head wondering how they'd tie the idol group back to Sakura and her wrestling.
My anime blog
Ganebare Anime
Dec 8, 2013 7:50 PM

Apr 2009
so they just decided to use Juri's voice last ep with Rio but that was Elena?
or that was still Juri?

it doesnt matter if wikipedia confirmed that Elena was Blue Panther in the Suzumoto fight because she didn't talk back then anyway..
Dec 8, 2013 7:55 PM
Sep 2012
I don't watch wrestling, so I might be wrong on this, but how is using karate and boxing in a match still considered wrestling? If moves from other martial arts are allowed, wouldn't that be Mixed Martial Arts?
Dec 8, 2013 9:23 PM
Nov 2013
CybeastGregarX said:

In other news Moe's match with Sakura was cool, sure the outcome was predictable but it was enjoyable to see.

And watching this blind is better then knowing what happens, especially at this part in the series.

If you ask me, I have a feeling that this fight will be very dramatic and emotional. This to me is a test that can change not only Sakura's life, but it also can affect Elena and the rest of Sweet Diva.

Will she leave wrestling for good or remain away from Sweet Diva?
Dec 8, 2013 9:26 PM

Oct 2012
sarroush said:
I fucking knew something like this was going to happen. All dat foreshadowing and emoness! 10/10. This anime seriously got better after the first 3 eps.

I'll totally agree with you. Episode 3 was so painful to watch... At the same time I expected this but at the same time I didn't I don't know how to explain... But really looking forward next week episode.
Dec 8, 2013 9:30 PM

Dec 2009
CrimsonFox44 said:
If you ask me, I have a feeling that this fight will be very dramatic and emotional. This to me is a test that can change not only Sakura's life, but it also can affect Elena and the rest of Sweet Diva.

Will she leave wrestling for good or remain away from Sweet Diva?
Considering its a fight between best friends and rivals turned enemies this will be very emotional and dramatic, and the tension that it cause has me already impatient for next week to come so I can see what happens next.

But again, I still want my dream ending to happen, and with this it will sorta happen if Elena does stay in wrestling. Since as I said before and I'll say it again since it's awesome. Volume 5 which is upcoming has Elena in her wrestling outfit, so they will be awesome to see!
Dec 8, 2013 10:59 PM
Oct 2013
Shocking reveal near the end, you knew something was up when the door behind Jackal opens up. Then it hits you that it's not really Juri down there in the ring.

Hopefully the manga series continues for at least 5 more volumes, it'd be a shame to cut short this series. Next season Sakura's road to the top of Shangri La.
Dec 8, 2013 11:22 PM
Nov 2013
I can't wait to see the boston crab on sakura once again. Make it painful than ever elena!!
Dec 9, 2013 12:23 AM

Jul 2013
the moment I saw Juri... I knew that the current Blue Panther was Elena... I mean that info was kinda spoiled.. anyway whats more disturbing is that they put BLUE Panther in the RED corner... man.
Dec 9, 2013 12:49 AM

Jun 2013
sarroush said:

^ THIS. One of the better shows this season. At least , better than BlazBlue and Meganebu and ofc. DiaLovers lmao.
"Children of Japan. And those who were once children. Listen! This is not a dream. This is not fiction. In reality, your superheroes were always fighting. To teach viewers courage and the meaning of justice! No matter how many enemies there are. No matter how strong evil is. Just remember. Does any another country have so many heroes? Has any another country been protected by multiple superheroes? Stand with me, friends! Remember when you used to watch your superheroes!
Once you may have given up this dream. But today, you can be a hero!"

- Kaname Jouji , Red Axe

Dec 9, 2013 2:40 AM

Sep 2012
sarroush said:
CybeastGregarX said:
hpulley said:

Because you don't need to find it online to have read it? There are other ways to obtain volumes.
i.e; buying it.
Yes, I read it monthly in Japanese in Earth Star Comics so I am past the end of volume four. I buy it because I support the manga and anime I love. I prefer reading books to even legal manga online as it is awful to read on a screen, much nicer on paper. The magazine is the size of a telephone book so it is easier to read than the smaller tankobons.
Dec 9, 2013 6:14 AM

Dec 2009
hpulley said:
Yes, I read it monthly in Japanese in Earth Star Comics so I am past the end of volume four. I buy it because I support the manga and anime I love. I prefer reading books to even legal manga online as it is awful to read on a screen, much nicer on paper. The magazine is the size of a telephone book so it is easier to read than the smaller tankobons.
I see, I really admire that very greatly. I would do the same, I really would if I was able to but I cannot since I cannot read Japanese yet nor find a way to buy the manga, but I'm trying to learn.
Dec 9, 2013 6:57 AM

Jul 2013
AiCon said:
I don't watch wrestling, so I might be wrong on this, but how is using karate and boxing in a match still considered wrestling? If moves from other martial arts are allowed, wouldn't that be Mixed Martial Arts?

Exactly what I was thinking. A lot of pro wrestlers have MMA background but they don't use martial arts in the ring unless it's part of their gimmick like Ken Shamrock (even then it wasn't that much).

Then again you can't treat this anime seriously or use it as a reference of how pro wrestling really is. In reality everything is scripted and rehearsed..
Dec 9, 2013 9:45 AM
Feb 2013
Oh look Moe lost to Sakura.

So, Juri decide to get a replacement, and who is it????????? Elena, just as I expected.

So, the question now is, what is Elena reason to get in the ring, was to bring Sakura back to the sweet diva or was it to raise her popularity?
Dec 9, 2013 10:07 AM

Sep 2012
CybeastGregarX said:
hpulley said:
I see, I really admire that very greatly. I would do the same, I really would if I was able to but I cannot since I cannot read Japanese yet nor find a way to buy the manga, but I'm trying to learn.
You can buy the manga and magazine online from CDJapan.co.jo which is my favorite or HMV.co.jp or Amazon.co.jp.

Having a goal like wanting to be able to read manga is a great incentive to learn. It is what got me started. College night courses, books and lots of online learning got me there but having to use it for work really kicked it into high gear.

Ganbatte ne!
Dec 9, 2013 10:08 AM
Jul 2013
I gave a 4 for the unexpected ending that had the episode.
Dec 9, 2013 10:31 AM

Aug 2012
Did not see that coming! I had thought that maybe Elena hired Blue panther so she can retire her and then return to Sweet Diva. Great twist.
Dec 9, 2013 12:42 PM
Dec 2010
Wow, I didn't know Vince Russo was booking anime these days, what a swerve.

GO_KLAC-IGER said:
yea it's a shocking swerve everyone indeed "IT'S ME SAKURA! IT WAS ME ALL ALONG, SAKURA"

"Aww, son of a b**ch".

AiCon said:

Many wrestlers incorporate MMA into their style these days, though it is still limited by stuff like closed fists being illegal (contrary to what this episode showed). Wrestling is really quite a mixed bag these days with the MMA influence, but really, most of the stuff isn't really out of place. E.g., while not a classical wrestling move, something like a juji gitama or the kimura certainly come across as fitting moves for a submission wrestler.
Dec 9, 2013 3:12 PM

Aug 2012
HybridMBL said:
Oh look, jealous-chan makes her return!

Jealous-chan, lmao. So true! Didn't anticipate the twist, but seems typical of jealous-chan
Dec 10, 2013 12:50 AM

Dec 2012
Ending completely surprised me, i did not expect this.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Sekai de Ichiban Tsuyoku Naritai! Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Oct 6, 2013

151 by horouboi »»
Apr 2, 3:42 AM

» One of the worst anime ive ever tried to watch.

TheDeadWalk - May 14, 2023

4 by HEBI_TAN »»
Jan 19, 2:16 PM

Poll: » Sekai de Ichiban Tsuyoku Naritai! Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Oct 20, 2013

96 by TheDeadWalk »»
May 14, 2023 3:35 PM

Poll: » Sekai de Ichiban Tsuyoku Naritai! Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Dec 22, 2013

100 by FedeMetal »»
Aug 17, 2022 6:08 PM

Poll: » Sekai de Ichiban Tsuyoku Naritai! Episode 8 Discussion

Stark700 - Nov 24, 2013

37 by FedeMetal »»
Aug 15, 2022 6:33 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.