Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »
Nov 25, 2013 10:20 AM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Pretty relaxing episode although it got intense at the end there.
The rivalry between Takao and Hyuuga was pretty funny. Poor Kirishima though ;.;. LOL.

This talk about human and stuff is pretty interesting. I hope Kongou will understand someday. Honestly, I'm hoping to see just how powerful Kongou is at full power.
Stark700Nov 25, 2013 12:59 PM
Nov 25, 2013 1:03 PM

Mar 2012
Couldn't resist LOL'ing at Kirishima playing with the waves and getting knocked down.

Also, I know that Kongou was named after a real battleship and all, but I can't watch scenes with her tea parties without a voice going off in my head saying "Stop eating my sesame cake!"

Aww, Maya wanted to stay and have more fun :(
Nov 25, 2013 1:07 PM

Aug 2010
Fun episode :D...And things got intense at the end there ^^

Loved Kongou. The discussion with her and all of the fogs was interesting. I wonder if they'll be able to change her mind later on or that's it for trying...because she did seem to enjoy being with them for that little bit. Now to battles :) How many Fog ships are there remaining anyway?...Well, Really liking Gonzou.

Lots of funny parts this ep. Lol'd at the reason they're female XD
Hyuuga is hilarious. Loved her first meeting with Kongou XD
Hyuuga and Takao's rivalry was so lol XD
Haruna is so cute without her jacket. But gotta love her "Shakin" XD
Kirishima playing with the waves and sinking was really cute and funny XD
Takao being tsundere as usual with Gonzou hehe...Loved Iona's glare of jealousy when Takao gave Gonzou the juice <3

Well let's see what they can do nxt ep. Shouldn't be that difficult since they have all those Fog members with them now...or will it?
Nov 25, 2013 1:14 PM

Mar 2012
Barion-Zara said:

Well let's see what they can do nxt ep. Shouldn't be that difficult since they have all those Fog members with them now...or will it?

A Takao class heavy cruiser, An I-400 Series Submarine and a Dismanteled Ise class battleship VS Another Takao class Heavy Cruiser, A kongou class Fast Battleship and 6 Nagara Class Light Cruisers oh sure it wont be to diffucult at all (Sarcasm)

Has anybody even wondered about IONA's Sister Ships and how they are relevant to the plot. they were feature both in the intro and end credits and yet 2 thirds of the series has already aired and they have appeared only for 1 episode. am i the only one thinking there is going to be some big reveal at the end with those two being involved?

-ShadowClaw-Nov 25, 2013 1:36 PM
Nov 25, 2013 1:15 PM

Apr 2010
Nice episode, Kongou is pretty interesting she doesn't have much patience tho and the cliff hanger suggests they will have a hard time next week.
But will have to wait and see.
I really like seeing the story from two different perspective the manga and the anime they are really different now and both make me wonder what will happen next.
It leaves lots of room for speculation.
Nov 25, 2013 1:27 PM
Nov 2012
Hmmm, now thats odd, using the previous shows algorithm, today should have some battles going on. Oh well, its pretty relaxing thou some tense and fun moments did pop up.Maya being.....Maya, the usual air-headed overly genki Heavy Cruiser while at the opposite end of the spectrum, Kongo, still freezes my spine everytime she gazes. Hyuuga and Takao rivalry begin to heat up while Haruna weakness is expose, she is helpless without her armor. Chihaya Gunzou, going all araragi and tries to talk things out, but of course the cool-headed nature of his is quite define in the anime, I would not have the balls to talk to a Kongo, knowing she have a clear line of sight with 4 of her 360mm guns and several VLS train on you.....or more specifically I would not have the balls to talk to someone of that cold nature who possesed that much ability. Rather enjoyable and more pecifically, this is like the moment before sh*t hits the fan.
[overall episode gets 10/10]

Moving on: This episode proves its trying to capture two of the manga essence back in the anime; that would be the fact there is still some scent of political settings inn it and (and more importantly)the admirality code is still present. One other thing is that Hyuuga is still no supreme flagship of the fog, only a mere flagship of a petrol fleet, this leave room to expend the storyline and mind you, we haven't reach the end of the season and I do not think the battle with Kongo's petrol fleet can last more than one episode. Thisl more or less supports my initial guessed that the anime creators is judging the reaction of the crowd before moving on to add more character possibly in a coming season[heartbreak] or maybe even in the coming episode, like I said we are not at the end yet(thou their roles will be diminished). right now, there is still room for the admirality code, the supreme flagship and also some European ship.

Now looking on to the upcoming battle. Historical Hyuuga, in theory has a slight edge over Kongo one on one, possesing 12x14in gun than Kongo's 10 while having better secondary arnments while better armored, but slower. This is hard to say in the anime as Hyuuga a]is in post Midway form, having some secondaries and 2 of her aft turrets rip-off for a deck and hanger and b]is being littered to nothing more than a armored, inmobile pillbox around Iwoto much like Yamato in Okinawa if it had't sank in Ten-Go. But Hyuuga is if I am not mistaken still show some capabilities as a armored pillbox against Kongo while Takao can go after her sister...leaving I-401 to deal with the 4 light cruisers. If any of you follow Girls Und Panzer, this is like before the battle with Pravda, there is no forseeable way they might win against such powerful odds, but one can guess.

Come to think of it, what happen to Iona's sister?
Jyuu-niDesuNov 25, 2013 1:59 PM
Nov 25, 2013 1:37 PM

Sep 2013
Kongou's dress is allot longer than I originally thought it was.

That whole mental models are always girls bit makes sense I just never noticed it before.

Poor Kirishima :P

Shazam.

Time for an intense battle next episode.
Nov 25, 2013 1:39 PM
Nov 2012
vonPeterhof said:
Couldn't resist LOL'ing at Kirishima playing with the waves and getting knocked down.

Also, I know that Kongou was named after a real battleship and all, but I can't watch scenes with her tea parties without a voice going off in my head saying "Stop eating my sesame cake!"

Aww, Maya wanted to stay and have more fun :(

I think the reason Kongo(yeah without the u) keeps linking to the fact that she likes her tea is because historically, Kongo is the last ship to be built in England, and England do love their tea. Almost all ships after her, her sisters Haruna, Hiei and Kirishima and the folowing Nagato and Yamato class, are all built by Japanese usually in Kure....near Hiroshima.

Funny thing, Hyuuga is also originally built England. Originally looking like a up-gunned Queen Elizabeth class Battleship, until the Japanese stuck a skyscraper for a superstructure(as with almost all WW2 Japanese ships)
Nov 25, 2013 2:05 PM

Jul 2013
nice ep, not to mention funny
Hyuuga, Haruna and Kirishima LOL
intense battle ep coming up next! :D
Nov 25, 2013 2:30 PM

Jan 2013
Wonderful episode. Fleshed out the personalities of the respective mental models even more. Especially Kongou. Scary chick.
Nov 25, 2013 2:39 PM

Apr 2012
Shakinnnn!! I need a GIF of that. Pronto! And Takao's blushing takes tsundereness to the next level.

I'm really looking forward to the big reveal on the Admiralty Code and the truth behind the Fog and 401's uniqueness. I'm guessing/speculating that it was all caused by some malfunctioning military AI or IT system. I've tried to avoid all manga spoilers so I'm really quite curious.
Nov 25, 2013 3:04 PM

Aug 2013
Oh that silly Kirishima playing with the waves like that. And poor Haruna everyone teases her! Loved the episode just wish the battle was this episode, so i didn't have to wait all week!
My Candies:
Nov 25, 2013 3:09 PM

May 2011
Loved this episode. The fact that the plot is different from the manga makes happy as I cant predict what will happen next. Takao was hhhnnnggg as always and I couldn't hold my laughter at Haruna's Shazam! ^^ jealous Iona was Moe. Love this adaptation :)
Nov 25, 2013 3:53 PM

May 2013
A stuffed bear eating meat. How is she able to digest the food lol.

OMG Haruna being teased lol.
Nov 25, 2013 4:30 PM
Mar 2012
Don't remember any of these scenes from the manga so I guess my suspicions are confirmed that the anime will take a different path in the end.

Dat Haruna though~
Nov 25, 2013 4:53 PM

Apr 2011
Kongou loosing her edge in anime. But even with mere fraction of it she is able make my day.

I realy wonder how budgets are distributed, considering quality of animation this episode easily doubled battle of Okasabe mansion.
Tenzen12Nov 25, 2013 5:07 PM
Nov 25, 2013 5:06 PM

Jul 2009
moral of the story...
PUT MEAT AT THE TOP OF THE SKEWER, not green peppers.. that's how you avoid wars.
geez bbq 101.

shazam.
Nov 25, 2013 5:09 PM
Jul 2013
Kongou if that is frivolous. Haber as Gunzou defends itself against them.
Nov 25, 2013 5:32 PM

Apr 2008
So, is Iona conspiring with the Admiralty Code without everyone else knowing ?
She might be like what Hyuuga said she is, the Goddess
XD

Hyuuga have advantage in defensive position. She had three processors helping with the barrier damage control, so the island should be able to stand up longer against attacks.
But to the offensive side, Iona will probably have to procure torpedoes from Takao, and no idea how much she had left after spamming them in the previous battle.

And there's still the robot factory under the base. Could work as cannonballs :D
nseikaNov 25, 2013 5:43 PM
Nov 25, 2013 5:42 PM

Aug 2008
Kurogashi said:
moral of the story...
PUT MEAT AT THE TOP OF THE SKEWER, not green peppers.. that's how you avoid wars.
geez bbq 101.

shazam.
IT TOOK ME 4 YEARS AND A COLLEGE DEGREE TO LEARNT DAT
Nov 25, 2013 7:09 PM

Aug 2013
Kirishima playing by the water was soooo adorable! I had to replay that three times XD Every time she makes that squeaking sound I'm like "cuuuuuute!" haha

Poor Haruna getting trolled by Makie and Maya. SHAZAM! Who would've thought Haruna and Kirishima would provide such awesome comedic relief when they first appeared? <3

Makie writing difficult equations on the sand and on the other side Maya was doodling Kongou's face haha! What a contrast!

I honestly don't know where this is going now even with the mention of the Admiralty Code. But whatever, I'm liking it and that's all that matters ^^ Still kind of hoping to see Yamato though.
"May those who accept their fate be granted happiness."

"May those who defy their fate be granted glory."
Nov 25, 2013 7:19 PM
Jul 2018
Takao should get more showtime, well thats what im hoping for.
Nov 25, 2013 7:46 PM

Jun 2013
I have two requests for somebody somewhere out there.

1. I would love a gif of Kirishima playing with the waves.
2. and yes ofc a gif of upset-shazam-upset-shazam-upset-SHAZAM!

Anyway , great episode. It seemed relax at first but it got intense at the end , so an all-out war against Kongou and Maya the cutie-pie or our beloved captain has a strategy ?
"Children of Japan. And those who were once children. Listen! This is not a dream. This is not fiction. In reality, your superheroes were always fighting. To teach viewers courage and the meaning of justice! No matter how many enemies there are. No matter how strong evil is. Just remember. Does any another country have so many heroes? Has any another country been protected by multiple superheroes? Stand with me, friends! Remember when you used to watch your superheroes!
Once you may have given up this dream. But today, you can be a hero!"

- Kaname Jouji , Red Axe

Nov 25, 2013 8:28 PM

Mar 2013
Kirishima & Haruna were so cute.

Shazam!
Nov 25, 2013 9:01 PM

Mar 2012
Judging from the comments from those who've read the manga so far, it looks like the anime adaptation has dramatically simplified this series. I would argue that it's a good move, given how good its execution has been on what it does focus on.

I personally loved this episode. Man there are just too many lol moments in there. Haruna and Kirishima are just great. Nothing else needs to be said. This talk with Kongou ended in failure, but as we can see, she isn't completely unmoved by Gunzou's words and the harmonious picture of everyone enjoying themselves under the sun. In any case, another major battle coming up for sure. Kirishima has also by this point gotten on Gunzou's side. Ep. 9's gonna be glorious.
Nov 25, 2013 10:00 PM

Sep 2012
BLAME HYUGA FOR PUTTING BELL PEPPER AT TOP IN THE BBQ SKEWER !! She should be told that many do not like the taste of bell pepper and unfortunately one of them is Kongou !!! (but Hyuga actually advised eating meat first, hmm...)

LOL

Of course being a bear, Kirikuma/Kirishima would only eat meat (and it seems like raw meat too!)

LOL

And look at the I401 submarine model and multiple Iona figurines in the meeting room... Of course designed by Hyuga

LOL

Too many LOL moments but the sharpened tension and overall serious tone is still prevalent. I applaud another great episode for taking the right balance of comedy and serious story development.

Also I almost gave up hope of hearing the explanation of why all mental models are female, as I thought it was explained earlier in the manga? It is great to see that it has not been forgotten by the staff.
symbvNov 25, 2013 10:08 PM
So MAL finally starts locking news threads that are only a few weeks old?

I wonder where was the announcement of this change? Or we are seeing yet another case of changes made that impacted users but not communicated to them?

I wonder how long people would put up with this.

As much as I have a bunch of information to share about anime announced recently I cannot share it in news board, and the anime series is too disorganized and chaotic to share information except with people already interested in the particular series.
Nov 25, 2013 11:22 PM

Apr 2008
symbv said:
And look at the I401 submarine model and multiple Iona figurines in the meeting room... Of course designed by Hyuga
Will be up for pre-order
But after so far in the anime, they really should make Kirikuma doll too. After all, Monokuma got his own nendo, so… Kirikuma with exchangeable head, please, GSC
nseikaNov 25, 2013 11:25 PM
Nov 25, 2013 11:31 PM

Sep 2012
^ Ha ha I am sure Kirikuma will come, perhaps both as a package with the Kirishima figma and a figure by herself . I guess a real doll is also a distinct possibility too ;-)

I wonder where was the announcement of this change? Or we are seeing yet another case of changes made that impacted users but not communicated to them?

As much as I have a bunch of information to share about anime announced recently I cannot share it in news board, and the anime series is too disorganized and chaotic to share information except with people already interested in the particular series.
Nov 26, 2013 12:27 AM

Aug 2013
Kurogashi said:
moral of the story...
geez bbq 101.

shazam.

Maybe that's why Takao's so upset, hahhaha because she bit on to the green peppers and not on the meat.

This episode was quite calm, not until the last part hahaha.
Kirishima's funny while playing with water, and also Haruna's SHAZAM!

I want to see the Blue Fleet in action.
Nov 26, 2013 12:40 AM

Sep 2012
iamdarrenearl said:
Maybe that's why Takao's so upset, hahhaha because she bit on to the green peppers and not on the meat.
I am sure you meant to say Kongou instead of Takao....

Since Hyuuga actually suggested the order of meat, meat, veggie, meat, veggie, I wonder who arranged the order of the stuff on the skewers given to Kongou. Do we have a hidden war hawk lurking in the midst of the girls? LOL

And I must say that it is great to see so much of Maya. I heard that she got more exposure in the manga, long enough to see her change, so it is great to see her in the anime still acting pretty like what she has been so far and I can feel how she is going to change just by looking at how she plays with Makie and teases Haruna (with Makie).

Nov 26, 2013 3:19 AM

Sep 2008
haha, loved the episode, HaruHaru was so cute while getting teased! Shazam! xD

Also cute seeing Kirishima playing with the waves and funny to see her being squeezes by HaruHaru.

Gunzou really has his battleship harem now, cute to see that Iona seems to be jealous as she saw Takao and Gunzou together, looking forward how it'll go on with the relationships of all the MM's to Gunzou.

I'm also kinda curious if Kongou someday will change sides and I wonder if Yamato will show up in the anime too.

And:

I want a battleship harem like that too! D:
Nov 26, 2013 6:12 AM

Apr 2013
Did that dude just asked a stupid question?
But I'm curious how a Male Mental Model would be. Android?
Nov 26, 2013 7:09 AM

Aug 2013
symbv said:
iamdarrenearl said:
I am sure you meant to say Kongou instead of Takao....

Ah right right, it's kongou hahahaha. Their names are quite confusing hahahaa.
Nov 26, 2013 8:26 AM

Apr 2013
The episode felt so short.
Nov 26, 2013 8:29 AM

Oct 2013
I love Haruna and Kirishima so much, I'm so glad they're here even if this apparently deviates from the manga.

So, four episodes left and it feels like there's still a lot of material to cover, plus battle scenes. Is it ever explained in the manga why the Fog exists and who created them? Do we see back stories of Gunzou's crew?
Nov 26, 2013 8:36 AM
Nov 2012
FlamingYu said:
Did that dude just asked a stupid question?
But I'm curious how a Male Mental Model would be. Android?

As haruna explained in the anime, mental models of ships are female partly because human have been refering to ships as 'her' or 'she' since.....well I have no idea but a long time ago apperently. But I do know of one culture that name it as 'he', Germany , so the mighty Bismarck and Tirpitz should have a male mental model right....well, in the manga, both Bismarck and a German U-boat are clearly female.
Nov 26, 2013 8:41 AM

Jul 2010
SHAZAM~

Btw, nice episode, I'm starting to like Kongou and I kinda hope she will join Gunzou's fleet anytime soon, perhaps Kongou is not the final enemy.
Nov 26, 2013 9:01 AM

Sep 2012
Jyuu-niDesu said:
But I do know of one culture that name it as 'he', Germany , so the mighty Bismarck and Tirpitz should have a male mental model right....well, in the manga, both Bismarck and a German U-boat are clearly female.
Most likely the history books Admiralty Code got to read were not written in German lol

Nov 26, 2013 9:27 AM
Feb 2013
Kongou is really one tough nut to crack, I guess kindness doesn't go a long way at all.

I wonder if Takao is wearing a bikini or was she just in her lingerie?
Nov 26, 2013 11:04 AM

Aug 2012
Dang, after I started playing KanColle, I immensely enjoyed this show.
Nov 26, 2013 2:10 PM

Oct 2013
:'( Shazam! :'( Shazam! :'( Shazam!
Nov 26, 2013 3:00 PM

Aug 2010
Jyuu-niDesu said:
But I do know of one culture that name it as 'he', Germany , so the mighty Bismarck and Tirpitz should have a male mental model right....well, in the manga, both Bismarck and a German U-boat are clearly female.

Actually, you are wrong. While Bismarck and Tirpitz are ofc male names, the ships carrying these names are still referred to as female, by still using the female article: "die Bismarck" and "die Tirpitz".

episode was nice, Haruna is def rising in my books. I too noticed Iona's jelly look when taka gave him the juice.

Btw, Kongou's theory that it's all about Gunzou is wrong IMO - Haruna showed interest in Human behaviour even before she met Iona and Gunzou
I want Rambo in a mecha-suit with a laser-chainsaw gun that fires nuclear warheads, fighting the love-child of Predator, Alien, a group of Bangladeshi terrorists, and Satan. (Actually that would be a pretty sick show) - StopDropAndBowl
Nov 26, 2013 5:12 PM

Jun 2012
Kurogashi said:
moral of the story...
geez bbq 101.

shazam.

^!!!

Nov 26, 2013 7:51 PM

Apr 2011
Nice relaxing episode ... looks like Ars Nova and YuuShiba decided to put their swimsuit/beach episodes in the same week. We'll have to wait a few days for Outbreak Company's swimsuit episode ;) Was nice to get a little more background about the Fog. I am loving HaruHaru, how she becomes defenseless without her overcoat then immediately snaps back up with a "Shazam!" after getting it back. I wonder what kind of reference it is in the original Japanese, since it doesn't sound like she's actually saying "Shazam" (and of course in English it's a reference to DC's Captain Marvel).

Dat Kongo is one icy-cold bitch. I notice she did have a single bite of the kabob ... maybe that and her reference to understanding 'fun' is a sign that she's been 'corrupted' after all. I can't see her joining Gunzou's fleet, unless they wind up harvesting her core like they did with HaruHaru and the teddy bear girl. I wonder if she'll be the last obstacle on the way to the US, or if Iona's sister subs are going to be the 'final boss' of the anime. Either way, can't wait till next week!

5/5
Nov 26, 2013 8:09 PM

Jul 2010
RazorRamona200 said:
I wonder if Takao is wearing a bikini or was she just in her lingerie?

We will never know that.
Nov 27, 2013 4:17 AM

Jul 2012
Kongou was having fun she just did not believe it.

Great episode!!!
Nov 27, 2013 10:18 AM

Oct 2009
Pretty interesting episode, Kongou is a pretty cool and a hard to get chick XD
The peppers pissed her off ><!
Nov 27, 2013 5:18 PM

Apr 2008
BrownSlush said:
Dang, after I started playing KanColle, I immensely enjoyed this show.
Heard rumour that there will be Arpeggio collaboration event around mid December

Although it's still perplexing how they would balance the game if the staffs are really putting Fog ships into the Abyssal Fleet.
Nov 27, 2013 7:00 PM
Jun 2012
-ShadowClaw- said:
... yet 2 thirds of the series has already aired and they have appeared only for 1 episode. am i the only one thinking there is going to be some big reveal at the end with those two being involved?

The sisters are there for 2nd season potential I imagine as the most probable reason why the are there. They are there basically to leave the anime open ended if it does well. Better Producers have learned to design possibilities in anime for 2nd seasons depending on how they do.

My own personal note...

The sisters made mention of using takao for some purpose. I hypothesize takao is unknowingly leaking information about their tactics to the fog that's going to make their journey difficult until they find out.
Nov 27, 2013 7:08 PM

Apr 2009
Kurogashi said:
moral of the story...
geez bbq 101.

shazam.

Yes, I believe you're on to something in there... shazam. LOL

So the three questions that's always asked at the end was for the Fog? Though I think it still applies to everyone as well...
You see there's no need to wonder where your god is,
Coz he's right here! ...and he's fresh out of mercy.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Aoki Hagane no Arpeggio: Ars Nova Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Dec 23, 2013

197 by Archean-Return »»
May 22, 12:18 PM

Poll: » Aoki Hagane no Arpeggio: Ars Nova Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Dec 16, 2013

96 by Archean-Return »»
May 22, 11:18 AM

Poll: » Aoki Hagane no Arpeggio: Ars Nova Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Dec 9, 2013

202 by Archean-Return »»
May 22, 10:40 AM

Poll: » Aoki Hagane no Arpeggio: Ars Nova Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Dec 2, 2013

100 by Archean-Return »»
May 22, 9:41 AM

Poll: » Aoki Hagane no Arpeggio: Ars Nova Episode 7 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Nov 18, 2013

84 by Archean-Return »»
May 22, 8:27 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.