Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »
Feb 28, 2013 10:14 AM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Akane-chan ;.; I also feel sorry for her little sister. Well, at least the other girls are still okay. Oh and the talk between Rei and Aoi was a relaxing watch.

Finally that Alone got owned. Good job Aoi-chan :). The fight was okay I guess. Also, I'm glad Akane got a little better now, nice :3
Feb 28, 2013 11:48 AM

Nov 2008
That was one ugly mug of an alone that hatched from the cocoon, I'm glad it's gone as well as Akane recovering slightly and in good spirits, nice use of Akane's boomerang Aoi.

Feb 28, 2013 8:29 PM
Jul 2018
Wow That was indeed a dam ugly alone that hatched from the cocoon, also that was 1 dam EPIC FIGHT.

Its good to see that they were able to beat it... plus its also good to see Akane also made it back...
Feb 28, 2013 8:30 PM

Sep 2012
Just when fans started to lament the lack of focus on Aoi-chan, come this episode that is an Aoi-chan episode through and through... Yay !!
So MAL finally starts locking news threads that are only a few weeks old?

I wonder where was the announcement of this change? Or we are seeing yet another case of changes made that impacted users but not communicated to them?

I wonder how long people would put up with this.

As much as I have a bunch of information to share about anime announced recently I cannot share it in news board, and the anime series is too disorganized and chaotic to share information except with people already interested in the particular series.
Feb 28, 2013 8:35 PM

Jan 2009
symbv said:
Just when fans started to lament the lack of focus on Aoi-chan, come this episode that is an Aoi-chan episode through and through... Yay !!

lol Aoi put a glorious ass pull there - http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=Ass%20Pull

so much Sakuga battle scenes i like it XD
Feb 28, 2013 8:39 PM

Sep 2012
j0x said:
lol Aoi put a glorious ass pull there - http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=Ass%20Pull
In a way it is not unlike some of the Sentai stuff (or more appropriately for this show PreCure stuff) where you will win as long as your mind is on it X-D

I wonder where was the announcement of this change? Or we are seeing yet another case of changes made that impacted users but not communicated to them?

As much as I have a bunch of information to share about anime announced recently I cannot share it in news board, and the anime series is too disorganized and chaotic to share information except with people already interested in the particular series.
Feb 28, 2013 10:22 PM

May 2012
An Aoi episode, nice. I hope the other two girls get an episode as well.
Overall decent episode. Dunno why its rating is 6.76/10.
Feb 28, 2013 10:35 PM

Dec 2012
This show can be really good when it has less fan service and more actions :D
The number of butt-shots is still the same but it surprisingly more tolerable then the first couple of episodes. 5/5
Feb 28, 2013 11:36 PM

Aug 2012
Great to have a non-Akane episode and best fight so far. This part was pretty badass.
Mar 1, 2013 12:21 AM
Sep 2012
I really like this episode. I think that it's one of the best of the show. That alone attaching itself to Tokyo Sky Tree and forming a cocoon reminds me of Mothra and other monsters from the Godzilla movies. It was also pretty creative for them thinking of attacking in unison to shove that bomb into that Alone. Really the only think that I didn't like in this episode is the major ass-pull with Aoi in the end. So stupid.
Mar 1, 2013 12:26 AM

Sep 2012
^ The Mothra reference is just too obvious :-)

And I got quite a bit of Evangelion vibe too. Angel.. AT Field... And then there is the hospitalization. When Aoi said how it was scary when she woke up in a hospital bed, I wonder how this means to Shinji when he woke up in hospital...

Mar 1, 2013 12:33 AM
Sep 2012
So many homages to so many shows. I also liked how the military still attacks the monster with tanks that everyone should know would be useless -- just like in the monster movies.
Mar 1, 2013 12:50 AM

Sep 2012
Many said it is a big ass-pull Aoi pulled but to me it is not that big -- the boomerang just provides additional speed to Aoi, that's it. It is not as if we see the boomerang suddenly turns blue and becomes Aoi's weapon etc.

Anyway it is good to learn that we will not see any blue+green docking or green+yellow docking etc. Akane has to be there for docking to happen. Now the question is what Vividred Operation means... Red docking with red?
symbvMar 1, 2013 12:56 AM

Mar 1, 2013 1:09 AM

Oct 2009
I want Aoi x Akane now !!

I was surprised at the way they defeat the Alone in this episode.
I mean, Yellow and Green are just a few meters away from it, and Aoi is definitely at point blank when the bomb explodes. What if they evaporated along with the Alone..

For a second there I was thinking "holy sh- now we have three less vivid!" unlike the episode title.
It nearly gave me a heart attack.

From that moment on, I will see Aoi as a potential Yandere candidate.
She will kill anything for Akane sake.
The most important things in life is the people that you care about
Mar 1, 2013 1:20 AM

Sep 2012
Damn an epic fight without Akane
Great teamwork killing that alone.
Rei is annoying.
Mar 1, 2013 1:21 AM

Sep 2012
azzuRe said:

Well fans in Japan are calling Akane as the hubby and Aoi as the wife. Yes a lot of material for yuri yuri yuri yuri yuri... (and we already has the flag for Wakaba x Momo set too)

Mar 1, 2013 1:30 AM

Oct 2009
symbv said:
azzuRe said:

Well fans in Japan are calling Akane as the hubby and Aoi as the wife. Yes a lot of material for yuri yuri yuri yuri yuri... (and we already has the flag for Wakaba x Momo set too)

Wait, Wakaba x Momo. Not a bad idea!
Poor Momo, why did the professor and Akane not taking her into the vivid group?

Anyway, this is how I see Aoi in this episode..
Mar 1, 2013 1:30 AM
Sep 2012
symbv said:
Many said it is a big ass-pull Aoi pulled but to me it is not that big -- the boomerang just provides additional speed to Aoi, that's it. It is not as if we see the boomerang suddenly turns blue and becomes Aoi's weapon etc.

Anyway it is good to learn that we will not see any blue+green docking or green+yellow docking etc. Akane has to be there for docking to happen. Now the question is what Vividred Operation means... Red docking with red?
That's because the boomerang started up on its own for no apparent reason other than because Aoi needed it to. It made it seem like Akane's ghost activated it herself -- even though she isn't dead yet.

It kinda makes sense since all the other keys come from Akane's key in the first place. There has to be some limitation on those keys otherwise they could just make an endless supply of Sailor Moons to fight the Alone -- though why couldn't the grandfather just make more keys is a better question.
Mar 1, 2013 1:37 AM

Sep 2012
AiCon said:
That's because the boomerang started up on its own for no apparent reason other than because Aoi needed it to. It made it seem like Akane's ghost activated it herself -- even though she isn't dead yet.
This is why I did not deny it is an ass-pull but I would not quite agree that it is a "big ass-pull" ;-)

Mar 1, 2013 2:32 AM

Aug 2012
This was indeed the best episode of the series to date.
Mar 1, 2013 4:48 AM

Jan 2013
Overall a nice episode, but predictable. I was hoping the 1% chance battle would last at least two eps. With Akane waking up and going to help them, maybe Rei not being a jackass any more.

Dear Rei, please stop doing what the crazy bird with the glowing red eyes tells you. It is likely a liar in anything it has promised, and like most things with glowing eyes, pure evil, or at least not something to make deals with. I'm hoping her dumb ass learned something this time, what with the fact, hey your bird friend there, do what it says and your school friends and most of the people in Japan are going to DIE. Baka..
Mar 1, 2013 6:23 AM

Sep 2012
About that evil black bird?

What everybody see

What i see
Mar 1, 2013 6:37 AM

Sep 2012
ElfinMint said:

What everybody see
No no no that's not what I see. What I see is the following and I can even seeing her sternly commanded Rei to go to school everyday and not to skip school....

Mar 1, 2013 7:27 AM

Feb 2008
TheGreat1s said:
Dunno why its rating is 6.76/10.

Because the only good thing about this show is the animation?
Mar 1, 2013 7:34 AM

Sep 2012
Kayro said:
Because the only good thing about this show is the animation?
I would add character design and music at least too.
And of course the fan service is good -- that it is important goes without saying.

Mar 1, 2013 9:35 AM

Dec 2012
^ I would add pacing too. That's one of the advantages of having a 1-cour show. There are usually more plot movements and less fillers than normal 2-cour show.
And since I'm a sucker for good music, I adore the OP

Mar 1, 2013 11:11 AM

Nov 2012
symbv said:
ElfinMint said:

What everybody see
No no no that's not what I see. What I see is the following and I can even seeing her sternly commanded Rei to go to school everyday and not to skip school....

Barkhorn!! <3 <3 <3
Mar 1, 2013 11:36 AM

Apr 2010
ElfinMint said:

What everybody see

What i see
So you see Reiuji Utsuho every time you see a blackbird that's not bad to be honest.

Akane took a serious hit for her to end up in hospital like that she even lost conscious several days hope so will be fine again soon.
Rei doesn't seem to be aware that Akane and her friends are the ones fighting the alone she supports every time i wonder if she will learn the truth anytime soon and how will she react.
Mar 1, 2013 3:00 PM

Jul 2010
Using Akane's boomerang as a jet pack eh? I thought the mission was a failure, but all's well that ends well I guess.

Why the hell doesn't Rei realize who they are yet though? Lots of eye-roll moments in this episode, but it was alright.

Mar 1, 2013 4:04 PM

Nov 2011
Why do things always go great when the protagonists hardly features in an ep?

Join the MSP Club for an in-depth look at score progressions and other stats of currently airing anime
Mar 1, 2013 5:48 PM

Nov 2011
This show is a ton of fun. This battle was great, and I really dig the main battle theme fanfare music (it was also used in the transformation sequences).
Mar 1, 2013 6:00 PM

Apr 2012
Wakaba and Himawari were incredible.
Mar 1, 2013 6:36 PM

Nov 2008
I really did overall enjoy this one and more or less have the series .. Wakaba 4 me lol (besides makes for a great Wakaba x momo pairing) Good team work too with a plan that doesnt use the docking power to eliminate the alone.

the only two "eye rolls' if you will I have for this series is Rei being THAT usable .. I mean honestly its getting to be a bit meh - its almost 100% likely those she serves are those who destroyed what she wishes to have returned (and they wont return it in either case) and then the fact that no one knows who anyone is despite how obvious it is - I know you have to keep the 'secret identity' thing going but I think 8 episodes of it is enough ~
Mar 1, 2013 9:23 PM
Sep 2012
symbv said:
AiCon said:
This is why I did not deny it is an ass-pull but I would not quite agree that it is a "big ass-pull" ;-)
It's big since Akane's "ghost" appears out of nowhere to "activate" the boomerang. This is significant since accepting that as it is is like a big kick to our brains and everyone would have died if that ass pull would have never happened.
Mar 1, 2013 9:28 PM

Sep 2012
AiCon said:
It's big since Akane's "ghost" appears out of nowhere to "activate" the boomerang. This is significant since accepting that as it is is like a big kick to our brains and everyone would have died if that ass pull would have never happened.
The "ghost" is just symbolic image to me. So the whole thing is just like some hidden function of the boomerang was triggered. That's it. So it is not "big" ass-pull.

Mar 1, 2013 9:33 PM
Sep 2012
symbv said:
AiCon said:
The "ghost" is just symbolic image to me. So the whole thing is just like some hidden function of the boomerang was triggered. That's it. So it is not "big" ass-pull.
If it's symbolic then the "ghost" is Akane's "will" that still somehow activates the boomerang on its own. Having someone's "Will" conveniently activate something at the right moment is a major ass-pull.
Mar 1, 2013 9:52 PM

Sep 2012
AiCon said:
]If it's symbolic then the "ghost" is Akane's "will" that still somehow activates the boomerang on its own. Having someone's "Will" conveniently activate something at the right moment is a major ass-pull.
I don't even see it as objectively Akane's will triggering it. But the symbolism of Akane's presence is there. I would still say it is a MINOR ass-pull, NOT MAJOR though. We all know the boomerang is going to do something when Aoi brought it with her. I am glad at least it is not like the boomerang suddenly links to Akane and allows her to control it remotely. It is just there to increase Aoi's speed. That's why I said it is just minor ass-pull.
symbvMar 1, 2013 9:57 PM

Mar 1, 2013 10:12 PM
Sep 2012
symbv said:
I don't even see it as objectively Akane's will triggering it. But the symbolism of Akane's presence is there. I would still say it is a MINOR ass-pull, NOT MAJOR though. We all know the boomerang is going to do something when Aoi brought it with her. I am glad at least it is not like the boomerang suddenly links to Akane and allows her to control it remotely. It is just there to increase Aoi's speed. That's why I said it is just minor ass-pull.
It's either Akane somehow connected to the boomerang or it just acted on its own. In both scenarios, Aoi didn't do anything to activate the boomerang. The reason why it is major is because it is so significant to the story. Everything would have ended; Wakaba and Himawari would have died if it weren't for that ass-pull. It's not like they could have lost and returned to fight again another day -- they would have all died and that would have been the end of the show.
Mar 1, 2013 10:22 PM

Sep 2012
AiCon said:
The reason why it is major is because it is so significant to the story.
The reason why it is not major is because it does not do more than extra push - we don't see a lot of new functions suddenly appears. When we see Aoi bring the boomerang along we should expect some ass-pull already. This is how it happens in Sentai or mahou shoujo stuff. I am glad that it is just a MINOR ass-pull after all.

Mar 1, 2013 10:26 PM
Sep 2012
symbv said:
The reason why it is not major is because it does not do more than extra push - we don't see a lot of new functions suddenly appears. When we see Aoi bring the boomerang along we should expect some ass-pull already. It is now it happens in Sentai or mahou shoujo stuff. I am glad that it is just a MINOR ass-pull after all.
Aoi wouldn't have been able to destroy the Alone and save everyone if it weren't for that "extra push". It would be minor if nothing more would have happened other than they lose and the girls would have been able to fight the next day - on to the next episode. As it was, that couldn't have happened since everyone would have died if that ass-pull never happened. It is because it plays such a pivotal role in the story that it IS a MAJOR ass-pull.
Mar 1, 2013 10:28 PM

Sep 2012
AiCon said:
Aoi wouldn't have been able to destroy the Alone and save everyone if it weren't for that "extra push". It would be minor if nothing more would have happened other than they lose and the girls would have been able to fight the next day - on to the next episode. As it was, that couldn't have happened since everyone would have died if that ass-pull never happened. It is because it plays such a pivotal role in the story that it IS a MAJOR ass-pull.
Our definition of major vs minor are different. I still call it minor because of what new function or power is revealed. You call it major because of the consequences of it not happening, but to be honest almost all ass-pull serves to save something from a critical condition so by your reasoning almost every ass-pull is a major one. That does not make sense to me.

Mar 1, 2013 10:37 PM

Jun 2008
The Power of friendship motherfuckers!!!
Mar 1, 2013 10:50 PM
Sep 2012
symbv said:
Our definition of major vs minor are different. I still call it minor because of what new function or power is revealed. You call it major because of the consequences of it not happening, but to be honest almost all ass-pull serves to save something from a critical condition so by your reasoning almost every ass-pull is a major one. That does not make sense to me.
What happened with Akane in episode 7 is a minor ass-pull. She managed to block a beam about as wide as a house with a boomerang. No matter how powerful the weapon is, there's no way something that size can block a beam that wide. It's like trying to block the water from a garden hose with a pin. Still, it's a minor ass-pull since Akane is still alive and the girls were able to fight another day.
Mar 1, 2013 10:53 PM

Sep 2012
AiCon said:
What happened with Akane in episode 7 is a minor ass-pull. She managed to block a beam about as wide as a house with a boomerang. No matter how powerful the weapon is, there's no way something that size can block a beam that wide. It's like trying to block the water from a garden hose with a pin. Still, it's a minor ass-pull since Akane is still alive and the girls were able to fight another day.
That I won't even call it an ass-pull. Ha ha ha. It is just putting too much science and physics into effect provided by animation.

Mar 1, 2013 10:58 PM
Sep 2012
symbv said:
AiCon said:
That I won't even call it an ass-pull. Ha ha ha. It is just putting too much science and physics into effect provided by animation.
It's something that doesn't really get in the way of the story and that we could live with without much thought. It could also be infered that the boomerang somehow split most the beam away from Akane and armor also protected her from the rest of the beam. It's still a ass-pull, but one that the viewer can accept without much thought.
Mar 1, 2013 11:14 PM

Sep 2012
AiCon said:
It's something that doesn't really get in the way of the story and that we could live with without much thought. It could also be infered that the boomerang somehow split most the beam away from Akane and armor also protected her from the rest of the beam. It's still a ass-pull, but one that the viewer can accept without much thought.
As I said it is NOT an ass-pull it is just the animation effect take priority over the appearance of physics. And we see things that go against physical laws all the time, nothing ass-pull about this.

Mar 1, 2013 11:20 PM
Nov 2012
Despite all the cheese; which this show is somehow overflowing with, this was an awesome episode.
Aoi is awesome.
Mar 1, 2013 11:32 PM

Oct 2009
What I consider as ass-pull is :

A samurai was about to get shot from behind by a hiding musketman, but just in a couple milliseconds, he managed to deflects it with a lightsaber, bouncing it back to the musketman in the forehead, killing him instantly.
When his surprised friend asked "where did that lightsaber comes from, we're in a samurai movie!", he answered "I pulled it out of my ass".
Mar 1, 2013 11:33 PM

Sep 2012
^ LOL. You said it better than I did X-D

Mar 2, 2013 1:34 AM

Apr 2011
symbv said:
Anyway it is good to learn that we will not see any blue+green docking or green+yellow docking etc. Akane has to be there for docking to happen.

tell me how thats good? I for one wanted to see if they could dock with each other to create new weapons and shit.

Overall a great epd.
Glorious Titties Nuff Said!

Make America Great Again!
Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Vividred Operation Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Jan 10, 2013

208 by GakutoDeathGlare »»
May 12, 11:33 PM

Poll: » Vividred Operation Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

bippo - Mar 28, 2013

170 by Gendolfas »»
Mar 30, 2022 9:10 AM

Poll: » Vividred Operation Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Mar 21, 2013

115 by Gendolfas »»
Mar 30, 2022 8:26 AM

Poll: » Vividred Operation Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Mar 14, 2013

84 by Gendolfas »»
Mar 30, 2022 7:34 AM

Poll: » Vividred Operation Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Mar 7, 2013

71 by Gendolfas »»
Mar 30, 2022 6:39 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.