Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (5) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »
Feb 1, 2013 8:41 AM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Well, the girls looks great in their yukata imo this episode. I'm a little bit on the edge when watching Saki and her expressions this episode though. Otherwise, a good episode once again.

Shit got real in the village. Dem eyes:

Feb 1, 2013 11:37 AM
Nov 2012
WTF?!?!

They've cut Saki and Satoru acting like a couple... AGAIN!!!

When he puts an arm around her shoulders while they're watching the fireworks. When he embraces her as she tells him that she saw Maria and the others and they stay like that for the rest of the scene until Saki sees the dead man. Nope, not here. But we have an anime original segment about Maria talking about how much she loved Saki. Great! :/
kpk10Feb 1, 2013 2:41 PM
Feb 1, 2013 2:29 PM
Feb 2012
kpk10 said:
WTF?!?!

They've cut Saki and Satoru acting like a couple... AGAIN!!!

When he embraces her as she tells him that she saw Maria and the others and they stay like that for the rest of the scene until Saki sees the dead man. Nope, not here. But we have an anime original segment about Maria talking about how much she loved Saki. Great! :/

I hate it too. They put so much emphasis on Saki's relationship with Maria completely ignoring the others. Way to go, fanservice!
Feb 1, 2013 3:50 PM

Jan 2013
The anime doesn't give me the impression that Saki was in love with Maria. I hope a full translation of the novel will be available some day.

I'm really wondering how so many of the people remain looking so fine, such as Saki's mother who is like 64 years old.
Feb 1, 2013 3:54 PM
Nov 2012
MoonageDaydream said:
The anime doesn't give me the impression that Saki was in love with Maria. I hope a full translation of the novel will be available some day.

I'm really wondering how so many of the people remain looking so fine, such as Saki's mother who is like 64 years old.

1. She wasn't in love with Maria. She loved her as a friend but that's it.
The only two people Saki was ever in love with are Shun and Satoru.

2. Saki's mother is not 64.
Feb 1, 2013 4:03 PM

Jan 2013
Okay, in her 60s.
Feb 1, 2013 6:44 PM

Oct 2012
kpk10 said:

Okay. Just to get things straight, she does fall in love with Satoru? Cause if she does, that makes me really happy ^_^

Feb 1, 2013 7:02 PM
Jan 2013
I know we've been told that the Kamisu communities are fairly small, but I think this is the first episode where we got a look at the village as a whole. The settlement looks very small, maybe something like 500 people.

Also what happened to other countries, like Korea or China? Has no-one thought about external influence? It's not like civilization collapsed only in Japan.
Feb 1, 2013 10:14 PM
Sep 2012
Wow shit got real in this episode. I was wondering when and how the queerats would attack them and now I have that answer. That was pretty ingenious of them to pull off a sneak attack on the village using poison gas and suicide bombers. The guy in the mask was a BA for absorbing the blast from the suicide bombers and flinging it back at them.
Feb 1, 2013 10:38 PM
Oct 2010
goddamn that was some terroristic shit those rats pulled. this ep was so fucking win

that covered dude is completely fucking boss status. 4 eyes and a 12 pack of whoopass

cant wait to see if maria and mamoru are alive
Dont bother replying to my posts in forums, dont check them afterwards.

Feb 1, 2013 11:13 PM

Dec 2012
Another brilliant episode. Can't wait for next week!!
Feb 1, 2013 11:17 PM

Oct 2009
Holy shit it all fell into pieces all so suddenly. I'm dying for the next episode. And dying even more for the day I'll be able to read this.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Feb 1, 2013 11:40 PM
Feb 2013
You are in for surprise both with Maria, mamoru, saki and satoru (I'm not one to bring about spoilers) and the shit that goes down with squealer, I waited for this episode to express...wait for the plot twist, its a brain shaker
Feb 1, 2013 11:45 PM
Feb 2013
cronosilver said:
You are in for surprise both with Maria, mamoru, saki and satoru (I'm not one to bring about spoilers) and the shit that goes down with squealer, I waited for this episode to express...wait for the plot twist, its a brain shaker
I have read both novels that's why I know this
Feb 1, 2013 11:50 PM

Jul 2012
That dude with the eyes.. man he's awesome

kpk10 said:

The anime isnt very good at making this clear :/

If you really want to fit in, just put Legend of the Galactic Heroes in your top 5 and have it be the only 10-rated anime in your list.
Feb 1, 2013 11:59 PM

Jan 2013
I'm in love with this anime.
5/5 episode.
Feb 2, 2013 12:12 AM

Nov 2012
I loved the episode,but something go wrong,they was suposed to already know about shun,in the festival,when saki see's maria she tells satoru about a "no face guy" that was shun.
Feb 2, 2013 12:13 AM

Jan 2011
Holy hell I was never expecting that military dude to be that freaking powerful. The perception of limits on cantus were blown away this episode.

I'm so glad to have a plot heavy anime : ) with great dialogue.

That preview.
Feb 2, 2013 12:16 AM

Jul 2012
Damn, things are even more intense than I thought though that preview last time was a bit of a tease. Nonetheless, amazing episode once again with more action. Next episode looks to be a creepy ride.
My Anime Blog: http://www.Entravity.com/
Episodic overviews of the latest anime.

Feb 2, 2013 12:30 AM
Site Admin
Aug 2012
Damn those bakenezumi...or more like, damn you Yakomaru. Saki should've expressed her concern and suspicion about Yakomaru earlier. Then again, maybe no one would've taken her seriously. I honestly don't care much about Maria that much, I never really liked her as a character, or more like I am indifferent towards her. It would've been nice if they did show Satoru and Saki's relationship better (according to the people who've read the novel). But oh well. The most important part of this episode is to see that their society is in trouble and Yakomaru is planning something like a rebellion. That guy was super awesome when he killed the bakenezumis. By the way, is there a significance to the fact that he has something like two pupils in each eye? o_O Kinda weird, but still cool. A little off topic, but I'm loving KajiKaji's deep voice for the 26 year old Satoru. I wish he could do more roles where he can utilize that voice, although I still love his normal teenage boy voice :)
Feb 2, 2013 12:50 AM

Aug 2010
Shit hit the fan real hard now O.O

And I laugh at the fools who dropped this show after ep8 XD
I want Rambo in a mecha-suit with a laser-chainsaw gun that fires nuclear warheads, fighting the love-child of Predator, Alien, a group of Bangladeshi terrorists, and Satan. (Actually that would be a pretty sick show) - StopDropAndBowl
Feb 2, 2013 12:58 AM

Aug 2011
Kiroumaru is alive! That was good news, I hope he is somewhere safe, so he can assist Saki and Satorou on slaughter that bitch Yakomaru. Even Tomiko wants to get a piece of him. Damn I love it. The story has been really good to this point.

Oh and dem eyes. 5/5
Feb 2, 2013 1:05 AM

Oct 2011
Wordsmith said:
Shit hit the fan real hard now O.O

And I laugh at the fools who dropped this show after ep8 XD
But but but they were kissing!
Story was ruined by this! Forewer!

as for the episode...
that was clever plan of their - too bad that Mr 4-eyes is this strong. Somehow I would like to see him more in action (and those eyes were awesome while being creepy).
Also Tomiko being angry was a good thing. I do hope they will get Yakomaru, not that he has too many options - but using fiend (which I think will be the case next episode) can make things more messy.
Feb 2, 2013 1:24 AM

Sep 2011
Shit hit the fans real hard. Loved this episode and looks like next one even better. Someone might be turning into a fiend? Who knows something about "Run! Before he's back"

Oh good Kiroumaru is alive, but his whereabouts is unknown? Awh shit..
Feb 2, 2013 1:50 AM

Oct 2012
Why did that light come out of the bald guys eyes when he was dying and who was the women that came out of the light?
Feb 2, 2013 2:01 AM
Nov 2009
Lovely effects animation from Jun Arai.
Feb 2, 2013 2:04 AM
Apr 2009
KingCez said:
goddamn that was some terroristic shit those rats pulled. this ep was so fucking win

that covered dude is completely fucking boss status. 4 eyes and a 12 pack of whoopass

I very much doubt they are.

1. Whoever killed the Giant Hornets was a Cantus user
2. Saki and Shun said Maria would bring about many deaths
3. The bones Yakomaru gave Tomiko were in fact Maria and Mamoru
4. Maria wanted to have kids

The show practically spelled out for us. Yakomaru helped Maria and Mamoru until they had a kid and then killed them both. Now he's raised the child as a queerat weapon and is using it to wipe out the Giant Hornets and humans.

I might be wrong, but the show seems to be blatantly saying this.
EmeralDragon23Feb 2, 2013 2:18 AM
Feb 2, 2013 2:07 AM

Nov 2011
Yakomaru is the hero queerats deserves, but not the one it needs right now. So we'll hunt him. Because he can take it. Because he's not our hero. He's a silent guardian, a watchful protector. A dark knight.
The Art of Eight
Feb 2, 2013 2:11 AM

Nov 2011
"The despicable queerat called Yakomaru will have to pay. I vow to subject him to agony no living being has ever suffered before".

I dont wanna be that guy right now.

Join the MSP Club for an in-depth look at score progressions and other stats of currently airing anime
Feb 2, 2013 2:56 AM

Jun 2012
I don't like this arc so far, because so many relationships seemed to be resetted and now you don't know, how they relate to each other, the character development feels a bit strange.
I am still looking for a whamp line, but can't find any.
So I think the show lost impact, because I don't think this episodes now were introduction, which lead to something bigger.
All hail the Nutcracker Queen!
Feb 2, 2013 3:10 AM
Nov 2012
EmeralDragon23 said:
KingCez said:

The show practically spelled out for us. Yakomaru helped Maria and Mamoru until they had a kid and then killed them both. Now he's raised the child as a queerat weapon and is using it to wipe out the Giant Hornets and humans.

Yep, what he said.
Feb 2, 2013 3:14 AM

Nov 2011
kpk10 said:
EmeralDragon23 said:
KingCez said:

Yep, what he said.

You guys might want to think of spoilering all that stuff...
The Art of Eight
Feb 2, 2013 5:30 AM

Sep 2012
Splendid episode. This show keeps getting better and better. I thought we were going to see Maria and Mamoru again, but since I don't think Cantus can actually modify DNA, they must be dead by now.
Also Yakomaru is screwed. I can't even imagined what will happen to him when they will finally find him.
Feb 2, 2013 5:32 AM

Sep 2008
Nice episode, but I didn't expect that the Japanese festival, or Bunkasai still exist even after a thousand years after the fall of mankind.
Feb 2, 2013 6:04 AM

Jan 2013
Kyube said:
I don't like this arc so far, because so many relationships seemed to be resetted and now you don't know, how they relate to each other, the character development feels a bit strange.
So I think the show lost impact, because I don't think this episodes now were introduction, which lead to something bigger.

Satoru and Saki are a couple, that's pretty much the only relevant relationship in this arc (if you don't include those with dead people).

As for the reason why they don't act like an overly passionate couple, i'm pretty sure it has something to do with their past experiences.
They've been together for 10(?) years now and known each other since they were around 5, yet they still aren't married, nor do they have children. The anime is probably trying to express the fact that, after losing important friends/lovers in their life, they are scared to lose each other and/or get hurt once again. Consequently slowing down progression in their relationship.

Feel free to correct me if i'm wrong (novel readers).
Feb 2, 2013 6:19 AM

Apr 2011
5/5 for this anime!
I love it to the max!!
Feb 2, 2013 6:38 AM

Dec 2009
I think this might be exactly what the series needed.
I have my own anime blog. It's called Anime Viking. Hope you'll you read it!

Feb 2, 2013 6:51 AM

Jun 2012
Roboris said:
Kyube said:

Satoru and Saki are a couple, that's pretty much the only relevant relationship in this arc (if you don't include those with dead people).

As for the reason why they don't act like an overly passionate couple, i'm pretty sure it has something to do with their past experiences.
They've been together for 10(?) years now and known each other since they were around 5, yet they still aren't married, nor do they have children. The anime is probably trying to express the fact that, after losing important friends/lovers in their life, they are scared to lose each other and/or get hurt once again. Consequently slowing down progression in their relationship.

I use the word relationship in a more general way. For example you can draw a graph and every vertex resembles a character and every edge resembles a relationship, which connects two charecters.
In fact you could even draw more graphes to show the relation between groups of characters and how they interact with each other.
I think the show has no clear focus atm.
ChepriFeb 2, 2013 7:08 AM
All hail the Nutcracker Queen!
Feb 2, 2013 7:01 AM
Nov 2012
Roboris said:
Kyube said:

Yep. That was spot on.
kpk10Feb 2, 2013 7:11 AM
Feb 2, 2013 7:07 AM

Jul 2010
Things area really heating up. Those Queerats are getting more and more intelligent.

I still don't think Maria and Mamoru are dead though...

Feb 2, 2013 7:10 AM

Apr 2010
"The despicable queerat called Yakomaru will have to pay."

You, humans are despicable. You deserve even worse fate. Playing gods, killing and oppressing queerats as you please and you even tried to kill whole colony! Thousands of queerats.

I hope it won't end in killing every queerat and telling us it was good decision and queerats were the bad guys.
Feb 2, 2013 7:11 AM
Nov 2012
I think it's clear now that it's not Maria who should have died all those years ago but Squealer.

So it's all actually Saki and Satoru's fault because, if Saki wouldn't have saved him from the queen or if Satoru wouldn't have helped him and his colony in battle Squealer would have been dead and none of that shit would have happened :/
kpk10Feb 2, 2013 7:22 AM
Feb 2, 2013 7:18 AM

Nov 2011
Iwans18 said:

You, humans are despicable. You deserve even worse fate. Playing gods, killing and oppressing queerats as you please and you even tried to kill whole colony! Thousands of queerats.

I hope it won't end in killing every queerat and telling us it was good decision and queerats were the bad guys.

Oh hell yes! Viva le Revolution. Yakomaru is a brave leader leading his people against centuries of oppression. The humans treat queerats no better than cattle to be slaughtered at their whims. Enough is enough. No Gods, No masters.
The Art of Eight
Feb 2, 2013 7:23 AM

Jan 2013
EmeralDragon23 said:
I thought about that too. A few people might think that she might be dead or alive, but recall the queerat-queens. Maybe they lobotomized Maria into a birthmachine. That would be very cruel to see.
Feb 2, 2013 7:48 AM

May 2011
Am I the only person who for some reason found this the most terrifying part of the episode?

Feb 2, 2013 8:01 AM

Jun 2010
All I wanna know is if Maria and Mamoru are alive or not. The village leader said they got real bones that matched up with their DNA, but I'm still not sure.

And that one guy with the double pupils is awesome. Love the eyes. XD
Feb 2, 2013 8:07 AM

Nov 2012
IZEROII said:
Holy hell I was never expecting that military dude to be that freaking powerful. The perception of limits on cantus were blown away this episode.

I'm so glad to have a plot heavy anime : ) with great dialogue.

yes, omfg.so fucking good.

Feb 2, 2013 8:11 AM

Jul 2011
I don't know about Mamoru, but Maria is definitely not dead. If she was, then all the foreshadowing of her earlier on would have been pointless.
I think Mamoru/Maria are helping the colony...
Or I'm utterly wrong.

I'm really liking the guy who protected everyone.

Revolt!
Feb 2, 2013 8:14 AM

Nov 2012
dankickyou said:
Iwans18 said:

Oh hell yes! Viva le Revolution. Yakomaru is a brave leader leading his people against centuries of oppression. The humans treat queerats no better than cattle to be slaughtered at their whims. Enough is enough. No Gods, No masters.

Disagree.

The queerats can all go to hell.

Feb 2, 2013 8:16 AM

Nov 2012
Frontalbrise said:
EmeralDragon23 said:
I thought about that too. A few people might think that she might be dead or alive, but recall the queerat-queens. Maybe they lobotomized Maria into a birthmachine. That would be very cruel to see.
MM-Rosiie said:
I don't know about Mamoru, but Maria is definitely not dead. If she was, then all the foreshadowing of her earlier on would have been pointless.
I think Mamoru/Maria are helping the colony...
Or I'm utterly wrong.

I'm really liking the guy who protected everyone.

Revolt!

your all delusional. they're dead.

Pages (5) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Shinsekai yori Episode 25 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Mar 22, 2013

1326 by SenpaiTM »»
3 hours ago

» why did everyone turn gay?

bladewade - Aug 23

14 by BiazinhaBR »»
Aug 25, 5:31 PM

Poll: » Should humans adopt some parts of Bonobo sociosexual behavior similar to Shinsekai yori?

Zarutaku - Aug 15

19 by IhnalakoKaina »»
Aug 21, 7:31 AM

Poll: » Shinsekai yori Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Nov 30, 2012

303 by KhalidCB »»
Aug 19, 2:10 PM

Poll: » Favourite character?

Akane-chi - Jul 20, 2016

2 by Zarutaku »»
Aug 15, 1:38 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.