Forum Settings
Forums
New
Jan 18, 2013 7:31 AM

Dec 2012
Source: http://www.sunilrajguru.com/25-things/10-things-that-may-happen-to-us-after-we-die%E2%80%A6/

1. Our memories and thoughts float for eternity in a void.

We live our life and collect memories, thoughts and dreams. When we die, everything perishes save these. In the void, we keep thinking, imagining, dreaming… till eternity.

2. Each of us becomes a star.

I read in the foreword of a book by Arthur C Clarke that scientists had discovered about 100 billion stars. And 100 billion people have walked the Earth so far. That means there’s a star for every person who dies. Maybe that’s what happens to us. When we die, we become a star, mighty and big and full of energy, with the power of sustaining worlds. Grand isn’t it?
3. Don’t take yourself too seriously; you are merely part of a computer program for some higher entity.

This has been thought of in some form or the other in notably the The Hitchhiker’s Guide to the Galaxy and the Matrix series. We are all merely tiny cogs in a giant wheel of which none of us understand or will ever understand. What happens when a part perishes? Nothing. It just ceases to exist and is replaced by another part. You and I are merely “replaceable parts” my friend!

4. Hello! Where are you? We are already dead!

This one was thought up by writers centuries back. We were part of a glorious existence before this life and we all messed up big time! That’s why we are here on Earth, which is actually the Hell of the previous world. We are doomed to be here in some form or other till eternity.

5. We all become ghosts.

We all become ghosts and wander on this Earth indefinitely. The world is full of the ghosts of all the people, animals and creatures who ever walked this Earth. Since ghosts are made of zero matter and occupy zero matter, they all occupy the same space as we do. They are mere observers or maybe have a world very much like that of Septimus Heap. So right now I (who am writing this blog) and you (who are reading it) are surrounded by thousands of ghosts.

6. We all join with the Great Soul.

There was a Great Soul of which we were a part. After death we go back and rejoin it. (An old concept in Hinduism) We were all part of a collective consciousness before birth and will become part of it after death. It’s all interconnected. The Web of Life et alia.

7. We simply get recycled.

What happens to a car when we stop using it? It goes to the scrap yard. Then it gets recycled. Who knows which piece ends up where? Ditto with us. Some part of our body becomes the soil, the air, some animal… Our memories and thoughts get spread out too and become part of the consciousness of Mother Earth.

8. Nothing.

That’s right. Nothing happens. We just cease to exist. There is no soul. Just as our body perishes, so does our mind, along with its memories, thoughts and desires. Like the last scene of the Terminator in the Terminator movie. Switch off. Blank.

9. Re-incarnation.

Re-incarnation Type A: You keep getting re-incarnated as a human being again and again and again maybe till the end of the world.

Re-incarnation Type B: You are a lower life form. Then you get re-incarnated into a higher and higher form, till you finally become a human. You’re one step away from God. (An old concept in Hinduism)

Re-incarnation Type C: Earth is just one in billions and billions of existences. You keep getting re-incarnated in all of them endlessly.

10. Heaven. Hell. Judgment Day.

This is the oldest of the lot. You live a life on Earth. You do good deeds and bad deeds. Then you are judged on the basis of that and spend an eternity in heaven or hell (or purgatory).

God’s timescale, but this universe will go on for billions of years. Imagine doing something for a few billion years based on something which you’ve done for 60-70 years. Sounds like an exam paper, very unGodlike. Then what about poor souls who died as babies. Then what are the rules of karma etc etc. Sounds like very complicated mathematics.

---------------------------------------------------------
Which of these do you agree in or wish to believe in? Or do you have your own theory of what will happen after death. Which one would be the worst for you? Why?

Too me, I somehow think Number 1 is how it will be, we will just float in an never ending dream, Always thinking.

Number: 2 Would be kinda funny and weird...and maybe cool. Who wouldn't want to be a star and literal at that.

Number 4 could make sense, we just forgot about out past glorious life. That could explain why earth has so many problems and diseases and shit.

Number 8 would be the worst, plain nothing is scary. But also the most logical one.

Number 10 is overrated >.>
DarkjollyJan 18, 2013 6:59 PM
Pages (3) [1] 2 3 »
Jan 18, 2013 7:33 AM
Jul 2018
I vote for 8.
Jan 18, 2013 7:38 AM

Dec 2012
8 seems the most logical to me.

Jan 18, 2013 7:39 AM
Jul 2012
I vote 2. Somewhat cool.
Jan 18, 2013 7:50 AM

Sep 2011
Some of these alternatives man. You are hilarious
Come visit my town // I apologize in advance for my second-rate English

Join my fan club // Improve the transport network
Jan 18, 2013 7:51 AM

Oct 2010
7 looked more or less legit and then this phrase happened:

Our memories and thoughts get spread out too and become part of the consciousness of Mother Earth.

So I guess 8.
Jan 18, 2013 7:54 AM

May 2010
Lucy would vote number two, or so Cana said
Jan 18, 2013 8:12 AM

Oct 2012
Well 7 is what happens to all dead bodies, except that last part seems a little bogus. But reincarnation would certainly be interesting.
Jan 18, 2013 8:14 AM

Apr 2012
You should add a type of option like "living your dream" in an imaginary world, not Heaven because after how it's defined you know you're there if you are there.

8 is the obvious that will happen. 7 is bullshit at the end and is part of 8. 2 would be a nice option, a bit boring though.

Autocrat said:
Hitler was good, objectively.
Jan 18, 2013 8:19 AM

Nov 2012
Even tho it's harsh, it is the reality.
Vote for 8.
Jan 18, 2013 8:20 AM

May 2009
eight.

Why in the world would you think it's scary? Or that it would be worst? I don't get it.

I would have gone for seven (which is what happens anyway) if not for that cheesy sentence.
Jan 18, 2013 8:30 AM

Jun 2012
SMH
I'm also filled with pure-hearted ulterior motives.

Jan 18, 2013 8:50 AM
Jul 2018
I actually think 1 is the most horrible one and 10 would probably be the one I would prefer.
Jan 18, 2013 8:57 AM
Jul 2012
9 because I don't like 8.
Jan 18, 2013 9:00 AM

Nov 2010
Strangely I've thought of all of these before on my own. I don't know which one I would prefer but I don't want 8.
Jan 18, 2013 9:13 AM

Oct 2012
The only one we have proof of is 8, but it's just a matter of belief.
"He's not dead, he's Katsura."
Jan 18, 2013 9:16 AM

Dec 2010
Clearly it's number three. We are all part of a higher beings program and atoms are merely clusters of pixels, known to us as quarks and neutrinos. Everything can be quantified and thus, programmed.
Jan 18, 2013 9:19 AM

Mar 2011
I don't give a shit.
Jan 18, 2013 9:20 AM

Jun 2012
Reincarnation type A is pretty awesome. Just take my word for it.
Jan 18, 2013 9:20 AM

Jan 2013
I don't believe in souls/spirits or any form of an afterlife, so 8.

The worst for me would be 1, 5 and 10. I don't want to be conscious forever.
Jan 18, 2013 9:23 AM
Mar 2012
I'd love 9, but realistically speaking 8.

Since, who wouldn't want to be reincarnated?
Jan 18, 2013 9:25 AM

Dec 2010
Do you have to believe something in order to think about it? Fuck y'all are boring.
Jan 18, 2013 9:26 AM

Jan 2013
JavierR said:

9 isn't really that different than 8, IMO. I mean, sure, you've been 'reborn', but you're no longer you. You have a different name, a different body, a different family, different thoughts, feelings, memories.. There's nothing left of who you once were, so you don't remember dying. Just like with 8. You aren't aware of being dead.
Jan 18, 2013 9:28 AM

Jun 2012
kanjiphobe said:
JavierR said:

9 isn't really that different than 8, IMO. I mean, sure, you've been 'reborn', but you're no longer you. You have a different name, a different body, a different family, different thoughts, feelings, memories.. There's nothing left of who you once were, so you don't remember dying. Just like with 8. You aren't aware of being dead.

The dreams people have are memories from the past life. Trust me on this.
Jan 18, 2013 9:28 AM

Dec 2010
How about Plato's rendition where our "soul", as he defines it, exists prior to our bodies. All knowledge is recollection and thus our souls are immortal.
Jan 18, 2013 9:31 AM
Mar 2012
Resurrected said:

I was able to travel through the skies with the power of flight in my previous life?
Jan 18, 2013 9:31 AM

Aug 2012
Darkjolly said:
Source: http://www.sunilrajguru.com/25-things/10-things-that-may-happen-to-us-after-we-die%E2%80%A6/

1. Our memories and thoughts float for eternity in a void.

2. Each of us becomes a star.

3. Don’t take yourself too seriously; you are merely part of a computer program for some higher entity.

4. Hello! Where are you? We are already dead!

5. We all become ghosts.

6. We all join with the Great Soul.

7. We simply get recycled.

8. Nothing.

9. Re-incarnation.

10. Heaven. Hell. Judgment Day.

Here're my thoughts on these

Meh would be interesting for awhile I suppose. Although I would like it if I could off myself somehow... Existing forever in any state would just be awful.

What the fuck?

Goryo said:
What the fuck?

I'm getting a headache from this one... There's already enough shit I've got to think about concerning life after death... much less Death after death after life.

Imma haunt the shit outta you.
(In all seriousness I think this is bullshit)

Meh no opinion. I might go for it if I could retain my memories and individuality when I merge with the "great soul"

I agree with everything in this besides the "mother earth" bullshit. when we die we become maggot food. That's as far as the concept of recycling goes concerning our dead bodies (imo).

In my opinion, this is the most plausible scenario of what might happen when we die

This wouldn't really be my cup of tea unless there was a way I could remember everything I've experienced in my past lives while I'm waiting to be reborn.

Part of me wants to believe this is true, because I want to believe that people who've done disgusting and disturbing things will be punished for it, but another part of me just screams "bullshit"

It is my belief that we are nothing but food for worms in the end.
كنت تهدر وقتك عن طريق ترجمة هذه.

mattbenz99 said:
Christians and Satanists are technically the same thing
Jan 18, 2013 10:02 AM

Dec 2012
I just know, I'll go to the Heavenly Kingdom of our Mighty Lord Oh Jesus Christ *raises hands to the air*

Karpman said:
Resurrected said:

I was able to travel through the skies with the power of flight in my previous life?

Oh, maybe you were a bird?... I'll go with 5, being par of a computer program, seems to...deep...
Jan 18, 2013 10:07 AM

Dec 2012
Legendre said:
Do you have to believe something in order to think about it? Fuck y'all are boring.

This. I know 8 is probably the most logical. But jeez people have some imagination. Don't you wish it was something else? Inb4abunchofno's
Jan 18, 2013 10:08 AM

Apr 2012
Legendre said:
How about Plato's rendition where our "soul", as he defines it, exists prior to our bodies. All knowledge is recollection and thus our souls are immortal.

Also this, I forgot of this.

But then don't I have to drink from that freakin' river and forget everything to be reincarnated back on this shit hole?

Autocrat said:
Hitler was good, objectively.
Jan 18, 2013 10:12 AM

Mar 2008
I believe in the recycling of matter, but do not believe in the continuance of a "soul" or memories.

If you want to see what happens when someone dies, then watch them die and be buried. Anything beyond that is superstition.
Jan 18, 2013 10:14 AM

May 2012
Although I firmly believe 8 to be the logical option, I'd much rather have 2. My mother used to tell me that when I was little because I kept asking where my great grandmother went.
Jan 18, 2013 10:15 AM
Jun 2008
Darkjolly said:

Number 8 would be the worst, plain nothing is scary.

It's only scary because you're alive to keep thinking about it.
Jan 18, 2013 10:21 AM

Oct 2010
Thousand-Eyes said:
Darkjolly said:

Enough, isn't it? It's basically the reason why I'm afraid of death.
Jan 18, 2013 10:24 AM

Dec 2010
jal90 said:
Thousand-Eyes said:
Darkjolly said:

Of course it is. Death is the original fear. Both our greatest weakness and our greatest motivation. (TURBO CORNYYYYY)
Jan 18, 2013 10:28 AM

Dec 2012
Legendre said:
jal90 said:
Thousand-Eyes said:
Darkjolly said:

Of course it is. Death is the original fear. Both our greatest weakness and our greatest motivation. (TURBO CORNYYYYY)

I can't even see you anymore...
Jan 18, 2013 10:42 AM

Aug 2012
#8 wouldn't be so bad.

If I ceased to exist, then I wouldn't have the capacity to experience any negative emotions towards the fact that I no longer exist. In my mind #8 is a sublime peace. Experiencing nothing is better than living forever in a boring paradise or being tortured for eternity... IMO

If I could choose my own afterlife, it'd be a limbo where every story that spans across every reality has been collated, and I could choose to live the life of any person or character out of any of those "stories" and after I've experienced that person/characters life, I return to the limbo with their memories, experiences, and knowledge. That would be fun for awhile.
كنت تهدر وقتك عن طريق ترجمة هذه.

mattbenz99 said:
Christians and Satanists are technically the same thing
Jan 18, 2013 10:45 AM

Jul 2012
i promise a better answer later, but all i could think is: we all defecate and urinate on ourselves.
Jan 18, 2013 10:50 AM
Dec 2011
8. Nothing.

That’s right. Nothing happens. We just cease to exist. There is no soul. Just as our body perishes, so does our mind, along with its memories, thoughts and desires. Like the last scene of the Terminator in the Terminator movie. Switch off. Blank.

This !!

5. We all become ghosts.

We all become ghosts and wander on this Earth indefinitely. The world is full of the ghosts of all the people, animals and creatures who ever walked this Earth. Since ghosts are made of zero matter and occupy zero matter, they all occupy the same space as we do. They are mere observers or maybe have a world very much like that of Septimus Heap. So right now I (who am writing this blog) and you (who are reading it) are surrounded by thousands of ghosts.

I hope they dont watch me masturbating
Jan 18, 2013 2:54 PM

Jan 2011
No clue but re-incarnation and getting recycled sound good.
Jan 18, 2013 3:13 PM

Apr 2010
4 would be alpha. BUT LETS BE REAL ITS DEF 8
Jan 18, 2013 3:17 PM

Nov 2012
8 – but when I kick the bucket some lucky people are going to get my organs so I guess in a strange way I get to live on and also help people...
Jan 18, 2013 3:23 PM

Aug 2012
6-8 All make sense to me, but I'd much rather believe in 9A or 9C
Jan 18, 2013 4:56 PM

Jan 2012
I wish it would be 3 it will blow my mind.
Jan 18, 2013 5:06 PM

Oct 2012
3, 4, 6, 7, 8, 9 are actually the same thing as far as you're concerned. It doesn't matter if "you" return to a Great Soul, or get reincarnated, or anything if you lose the memories that comprise your identity. Whatever that you turn into in the next generation is not "you" anymore.
My subjective reviews: katsureview.wordpress.com
THE CHAT CLUB.
Jan 18, 2013 5:08 PM

Nov 2011
I choose everything except 8.
Touch me, you filthy casual~
Jan 18, 2013 5:11 PM

Aug 2009
8. Although deep in my mind I always hope for reincarnation so I could come back as a polar bear or some shit.
Jan 18, 2013 5:13 PM

Oct 2012
Become God and live forever yay...

tho deep down I know it's 8. and it doesn't sadden me at all.

would be cool if it's 5. just imagine the possibilities
Jan 18, 2013 5:13 PM

Jun 2011
Darkjolly said:
Legendre said:

This. I know 8 is probably the most logical. But jeez people have some imagination. Don't you wish it was something else? Inb4abunchofno's

I don't wish it was something else, 8 sounds like the most peaceful death to me. I don't want to live forever in some magical paradise.
Jan 18, 2013 5:21 PM

Feb 2010
Kind of irrelevant, but 2 reminded me of:
So, forget Jesus. The stars died so that you could be here today."

-Lawrence M. Krauss

somewhat 9b:
The Egg

Personally I think it's 8.
LUL
Pages (3) [1] 2 3 »

More topics from this board

» Plummeting Birthrates Is a Good Thing

vasipi4946 - May 28

15 by Meusnier »»
34 minutes ago

» What does your username mean? ( 1 2 )

DesuMaiden - Apr 16

59 by ACasualViewer »»
1 hour ago

» do you still live with your parents?

FruitPunchBaka - Yesterday

24 by ACasualViewer »»
1 hour ago

» Are video games a waste of time and money?? ( 1 2 )

DesuMaiden - May 27

87 by Amityblight »»
1 hour ago

» How much soda do you drink in a week? ( 1 2 )

HunteerX - May 16

65 by -Fantastical- »»
2 hours ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.