Forum Settings
Forums
New
Nov 19, 2008 2:17 PM

May 2008
Who's going to see it? Are you excited? Do you think that all the hype about it will be correct?

Tell us what you think! :D

Music is from the soul~ ♥
This topic has been locked and is no longer available for discussion.
Pages (6) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »
Nov 19, 2008 2:21 PM
Aug 2007
http://myanimelist.net/forum/?topicid=32428

But yes, I am seeing it on Saturday night only for Robert Pattinson.
Nov 19, 2008 2:25 PM

Jul 2007
Here's the problem - twilight, as a book, was marketed for the demographic of 13 year old girls who love harry potter.

Now then, how can I expect this to be any good, simply because its "live action"?
Nov 19, 2008 2:26 PM

Apr 2008
i'll probably be forced to by a group of fangirls.
Nov 19, 2008 2:28 PM

Feb 2005
I've seen people talking about this, but I've still no idea what it is all about.
Perhaps I'll DL the movie just for hard kicks aimed at the groin then.
Nov 19, 2008 2:32 PM

Oct 2008
vampires and teens. what a great idea.
Nov 19, 2008 2:38 PM

May 2007
AND IT'S WRITTEN BY A MORMON

roflcopters

*edit*

WHO LISTENS TO LINKIN PARK
Nov 19, 2008 2:40 PM

Feb 2005
ScrumYummy said:

roflcopters

*edit*

I take back my previous statement.
Nov 19, 2008 2:51 PM

May 2007
Baman said:
ScrumYummy said:

roflcopters

*edit*

Not only does she listen to Linkin Park, but she says that it INSPIRES HER WRITING

LOL
Nov 19, 2008 2:58 PM

Mar 2008
ScrumYummy said:
Baman said:
ScrumYummy said:

roflcopters

*edit*

Not only does she listen to Linkin Park, but she says that it INSPIRES HER WRITING

LOL

Im soooo not seing this movie
Nov 19, 2008 3:00 PM

Oct 2008
The books were not bad, I might watch it being undercover in case I see classmates or something. I don't want them to squee on me XD.
Nov 19, 2008 3:01 PM

Sep 2007
ScrumYummy said:
Baman said:
ScrumYummy said:

roflcopters

*edit*

LOL
DX
Just a bit pathetic. And she's probably fabulously rich now.
Nov 19, 2008 3:02 PM

Jul 2007
ScrumYummy said:

LOL

She's doing it completely wrong. Linkin park is far from inspiring, the catchy and absolutely fantastic songs of miley cyrus are the most inspiring songs your ears will ever hear. If you can sustain such awesomeness, you will soon be pumping out even more awesome books that will even get 9 year old girls raving for you.
Nov 19, 2008 3:04 PM

Feb 2008
I'll be seeing it. Just for Alice. Mmm Alice.
Nov 19, 2008 3:06 PM

May 2008
Twilight is talked about so much, it makes me sick... True vampires can be found when you watch the awesome movie Vampire Hunter D.
Nov 19, 2008 3:07 PM
Jun 2007
ScrumYummy said:
Baman said:
ScrumYummy said:

roflcopters

*edit*

LOL

that post saved me $9 and my eardrums from being shattered.
Nov 19, 2008 3:09 PM
Aug 2007
ScrumYummy said:

LOL

wtf why did I have to read this right before I was about to go open New Moon. Thanks a lot, Scrum.
Nov 19, 2008 3:29 PM

May 2007
I only speak the truth.

Stephenie Meyer said:

As mentioned at the end of the lame, rambling autobiography (nobody got that far, did they?), I can't write without music. This, combined with the fact that writing Twilight was a very visual, movie-like experience, prompted me to collect my favorite Twilight songs into a sort of soundtrack for the book. This list is not chiseled in granite; it transforms now and again. But, for the moment, here's the music I hear in my head while writing the book:

The Twilight Soundtrack:

1. "Why Does it Always Rain on Me?" — Travis
2. "I'm Not Okay (I Promise)" [video edit] — My Chemical Romance
3. "Creep" [radio edit] — Radiohead
4. "In My Place" — Coldplay
5. "By Myself" — Linkin Park
6. "Dreaming" — OMD
7. "Please Forgive Me" — David Gray
8. "Here With Me" — Dido
9. "With You" [reanimation remix] — Linkin Park
10. "Time is Running Out" — Muse
11. "Dreams" — The Cranberries
12. "Tremble for My Beloved" — Collective Soul
13. "Lullaby (Goodnight, My Angel)" — Billy Joel

Note her other good tastes in music, such as My Chemical Romance and Collective Soul.
Nov 19, 2008 3:31 PM
Aug 2007
Holy shit. Lol @ MCR.
Nov 19, 2008 3:35 PM

Sep 2008
I don't see the point of seeing a vampire movie that's PG-13. No gore or extreme blood, and the fights aren't going to get graphic. That takes pretty much all the fun out of it. I won't see it in theater, but I'll watch it when it comes on HBO next year.
Nov 19, 2008 3:39 PM

Jul 2007
ScrumYummy said:
I only speak the truth.

Stephenie Meyer said:

As mentioned at the end of the lame, rambling autobiography (nobody got that far, did they?), I can't write without music. This, combined with the fact that writing Twilight was a very visual, movie-like experience, prompted me to collect my favorite Twilight songs into a sort of soundtrack for the book. This list is not chiseled in granite; it transforms now and again. But, for the moment, here's the music I hear in my head while writing the book:

The Twilight Soundtrack:

1. "Why Does it Always Rain on Me?" — Travis
2. "I'm Not Okay (I Promise)" [video edit] — My Chemical Romance
4. "In My Place" — Coldplay
5. "By Myself" — Linkin Park
6. "Dreaming" — OMD
7. "Please Forgive Me" — David Gray
8. "Here With Me" — Dido
9. "With You" [reanimation remix] — Linkin Park
11. "Dreams" — The Cranberries
12. "Tremble for My Beloved" — Collective Soul
13. "Lullaby (Goodnight, My Angel)" — Billy Joel

Note her other good tastes in music, such as My Chemical Romance and Collective Soul.

My love for radiohead has been tarnished forever. Whenever I listen to creep again, I think I will always shudder a little bit instead.
Jerk. :<
Nov 19, 2008 3:44 PM
Nov 2008
I want to see this movie sooooooo much!!!!! i saw the trailer and i loved it!!
Nov 19, 2008 3:49 PM

May 2007
tr1ggers4d said:

My love for radiohead has been tarnished forever. Whenever I listen to creep again, I think I will always shudder a little bit instead.

It's okay, "Creep" became so popular and over-played that Radiohead has officially disowned it. If anybody asks them to play Creep at a live show, they usually respond "We're not playing fuckin Creep!"

So, in essence, "Creep" is no longer a Radiohead song.

Also, like Chuck Palahniuk said:
"Then, like the funny story you used to tell at parties, the story that would always get laughs, about how you took acid and ate half a fur coat one night, we stop telling that story. NOT because it stops making people laugh — but because we've digested the event. It's resolved, and telling that story in any form no longer serves the teller.
Maybe why Radiohead no longer plays "Creep" in concert."
Nov 19, 2008 3:55 PM

Jul 2007
ScrumYummy said:
tr1ggers4d said:

It's okay, "Creep" became so popular and over-played that Radiohead has officially disowned it. If anybody asks them to play Creep at a live show, they usually respond "We're not playing fuckin Creep!"

Also, like Chuck Palahniuk said:
"Then, like the funny story you used to tell at parties, the story that would always get laughs, about how you took acid and ate half a fur coat one night, we stop telling that story. NOT because it stops making people laugh — but because we've digested the event. It's resolved, and telling that story in any form no longer serves the teller.
Maybe why Radiohead no longer plays "Creep" in concert."

True, Creep kind of got killed. Apple commercials almost do the same; totally killed feist - 1 2 3 4. :<
Nov 19, 2008 3:57 PM

Feb 2005
ScrumYummy said:

Nice. I'll just delete it from the folder then.
Nov 19, 2008 3:58 PM

Jun 2008
ScrumYummy said:
Baman said:
ScrumYummy said:

roflcopters

*edit*

LOL

I'm back.
Nov 19, 2008 4:12 PM

Nov 2007
I rather shoot myself then watch that fag movie. OKAY BELLA SOUNDS LIKE A MAN AND EDWARD SOUNDS LIKE A GIRL! ug.
sad
Nov 19, 2008 6:27 PM

Nov 2008
Oh, but it sounds so deep.

Honestly, from what I've heard, it looks like a Mary-Sue with vampires in a puke-worthy movie. I wouldn't waste my time.
Nov 19, 2008 6:35 PM

Nov 2007
My friends and I all read the books and hated them, so now we just have to see the movie. ^^

Mary-Sue, here we come!
Nov 19, 2008 6:37 PM
Aug 2007
StephanBlackhawk said:
EDWARD SOUNDS LIKE A GIRL!

What's wrong with that?
Nov 19, 2008 7:14 PM

Nov 2007
wtfyourface said:
StephanBlackhawk said:

What's wrong with that?

Everything.
sad
Nov 19, 2008 7:15 PM

Jun 2008
wtfyourface said:
StephanBlackhawk said:

What's wrong with that?

He's a dude.
I'm back.
Nov 19, 2008 7:23 PM

Jul 2007
I learned about this whole "Twilight" franchise earlier last week, with all this rumbling about the movie. It sounds completely awful, poor characterization and a lame ass story that ends in BAYBEES - why waste my time and money?
Nov 19, 2008 7:24 PM

Jun 2008
url_elf said:
I learned about this whole "Twilight" franchise earlier last week, with all this rumbling about the movie. It sounds completely awful, poor characterization and a lame ass story that ends in BAYBEES - why waste my time and money?

I'd be worth the money to go into a theater showing it an defecate.

I'm back.
Nov 19, 2008 7:27 PM

Jan 2008

this is about the only song thats worth listening to on the whole things.
Nov 19, 2008 7:28 PM

Aug 2007
StephanBlackhawk said:
wtfyourface said:
StephanBlackhawk said:

What's wrong with that?

Everything.

Robert is a bitch. I got pissed when i found out HE was Edward.
Nov 19, 2008 7:29 PM

Jun 2008
Zero-Prime said:

this is about the only song thats almost worth listening to on the whole things.

Fixed.
I'm back.
Nov 19, 2008 8:16 PM

Jul 2008
The damn movie needs to air already so this fad will be over and teen girls won't be running around screaming 'OH MY GOD EDWARD I'M GONNA MARRY YOU!111'
Nov 19, 2008 8:19 PM

Jul 2008
So I didn't even know about this series or whatever it is until watching the most recent South Park. I've wikipedia'd enough to know the basic premise of this, but has this seriously had that much of a cultural impact? Because I haven't even heard of it till just now lol.
Nov 19, 2008 8:27 PM

Dec 2007
My sister's into the books. I don't know much about them myself.

ScrumYummy said:
Stephenie Meyer said:

LOL at radio edit.

Creep is still a great song, imo, even if they've pretty much disowned it.

Muse is awful, btw.
SchnickelFritzNov 19, 2008 9:42 PM
Nov 19, 2008 9:32 PM

Nov 2006
ScrumYummy said:
Baman said:
ScrumYummy said:

roflcopters

*edit*

LOL
She's lucky her erotic fanfiction that she wrote for herself got published in the first place. How embarrassing.
Nov 19, 2008 9:36 PM
Aug 2007
windy said:
She's lucky her erotic fanfiction that she wrote for herself got published in the first place. How embarrassing.

Reminds me of this quote.

“When I read it I was convinced Stephenie was convinced she was Bella and it was like it was a book that wasn’t supposed to be published. It was like reading her sexual fantasy, especially when she said it was based on a dream and it was like, ‘Oh I’ve had this dream about this really sexy guy,’ and she just writes this book about it. Like some things about Edward are so specific, I was just convinced, like, ‘This woman is mad. She’s completely mad and she’s in love with her own fictional creation.’ And sometimes you would feel uncomfortable reading this thing.”
Nov 19, 2008 9:36 PM
Aug 2007
Emberfan11 said:
The damn movie needs to air already so this fad will be over and teen girls won't be running around screaming 'OH MY GOD EDWARD I'M GONNA MARRY YOU!111'

LOL, never going to happen - they're already planning to shoot the next two in the series

OH GOD WHY
D:
Nov 19, 2008 9:47 PM

Aug 2007
Defiance said:
So I didn't even know about this series or whatever it is until watching the most recent South Park. I've wikipedia'd enough to know the basic premise of this, but has this seriously had that much of a cultural impact? Because I haven't even heard of it till just now lol.

remember, South Park makes fun at everything popular. Like the big impacts on Family Guy, Simpsons, Xbox 360, and all the other crap people fan over, even Obama.
Nov 19, 2008 9:47 PM

Jan 2008
I don't know about some people. But I loved the series xP. People think guys shouldn't read this series unless they're gay or something >_>. But I've read it and I'm straight. Twilight series FTW. Might go see movie ;]

Nov 19, 2008 9:48 PM

Nov 2007
Emberfan11 said:

They pushed Harry Potter back because of that damn movie D:<
I hate like how girls want a guy like "Edward" yet he doesn't exist.
sad
Nov 19, 2008 9:49 PM
Aug 2007
StephanBlackhawk said:
Emberfan11 said:

GIRLS. He watches you while you sleep and takes apart the inside of your car so you can't leave. HOW IS THIS ROMANTIC? >.<
Nov 19, 2008 9:49 PM

Aug 2008
I will not waste my money on this garbage. I already wasted enough time reading the books. I've found better characterization in fanfiction.

Not everyone should write books. The end.
Nov 19, 2008 9:52 PM

Nov 2007
the_seventh_l said:
StephanBlackhawk said:
Emberfan11 said:

GIRLS. He watches you while you sleep and takes apart the inside of your car so you can't leave. HOW IS THIS ROMANTIC? >.<

Edward Cullen = Abusive Boyfriend
sad
Nov 19, 2008 10:11 PM

Jul 2008
the_seventh_l said:
Emberfan11 said:

LOL, never going to happen - they're already planning to shoot the next two in the series

OH GOD WHY
D:

Never give up hope.
After all the movies are out, they'll hopefully move onto some other crap.

Or we could all publish a book saying Edward has a small penis. Then the fangirls will kill themselves, ridding us of their menace.
This topic has been locked and is no longer available for discussion.
Pages (6) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Sticky: » The Current Events Board Will Be Closed on Friday JST ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Luna - Aug 2, 2021

272 by traed »»
Aug 5, 2021 5:56 PM

» Third shot of Sinovac COVID-19 vaccine offers big increase in antibody levels: study ( 1 2 )

Desolated - Jul 30, 2021

50 by Desolated »»
Aug 5, 2021 3:24 PM

» Western vaccine producers engage in shameless profiteering while poorer countries are supplied mainly by China.

Desolated - Aug 5, 2021

1 by Bourmegar »»
Aug 5, 2021 3:23 PM

» NLRB officer says Amazon violated US labor law

Desolated - Aug 3, 2021

17 by kitsune0 »»
Aug 5, 2021 1:41 PM

» China Backs Cuba in Saying US Should Apply Sanctions To Itself

Desolated - Aug 5, 2021

10 by Desolated »»
Aug 5, 2021 1:36 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.