Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (4) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »
Dec 3, 2012 7:59 AM

May 2009
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Rita and Ryounosuke show up
Dec 3, 2012 8:48 AM

Nov 2011
Jealous Nanami
Funny Rita
Dat cute hug/Mashiro's joy
Rita hug in the morning
Trap Ryounosuke
Surreal ending as well.

Well, this episode got me a 5/5 from those.

Now for some obligatory Rita pictures:

Stark700Dec 3, 2012 8:51 AM
Dec 3, 2012 9:53 AM

Nov 2007
lol @ doodling on the wall in his room.

Everyone's rumoring about seiyuu girl and the guy. So there's a guy liking seiyuu girl, too, and lol @ getting the situation worse.

Rita, the roommate and caretaker in England, came to pick the illustrator girl up because she doesn't want her to waste her skill on manga. Very confusion with her appearance including adding the guy's harem.

Wow, Ryuunosuke came out of his room for the first time, and doesn't really sound like Horie-san. lol @ his personality.

The dorm doing a film? for school festival, with him being director for them.

The last illustration from illustrator girl in an exhibition, which is much superior than her manga.

I don't get the preview (what's showing for next ep.), except Ryuunosuke's complaining because of girls disturbing his schedule.
I Two Syaorans from Tsubasa RESERVoir CHRoNiCLE and TRC!!!
Dec 3, 2012 10:10 AM
Oct 2012
Nice episode. What makes it rise above standard funny harem series is the emotion they bring to the characters, particularly as it relates to talent and genius. Jin's relation to Misaki, Sorata to Mashiro, Rita to Mashiro, this is all done well, which makes the show more enjoyable.
Dec 3, 2012 12:32 PM

Jul 2010
"Sorata no baka"

I find it so cute how Mashiro says that. I laughed at the phone text that she sent.

Seems Rita has a thing for Sorata and of course everyone has to watch the misunderstanding when Rita rolled into Sorata's bed by "accident".
Dec 3, 2012 12:54 PM

Oct 2012
Elite60 said:
"Sorata no baka"

I find it so cute how Mashiro says that. I laughed at the phone text that she sent.

Seems Rita has a thing for Sorata and of course everyone has to watch the misunderstanding when Rita rolled into Sorata's bed by "accident".
Nah, I think she was just fooling around
Dec 3, 2012 1:21 PM

May 2009
Just don't start calling this harem again http://i.imgur.com/09xEdl.jpg
Dec 3, 2012 1:59 PM

Jun 2011
Anyone else thinks that Ryounosuke is a otokonoko(男の娘)? >_>

Stark700 said:
Trap Ryounosuke
A trap indeed.
Dec 3, 2012 3:35 PM

Aug 2011
Love this episode. I get the feeling that they will probably wrap up this arc by next episode.
So it seems like Rita feel inferior towards Mashiro.
That ex-roommate of Sorata seems to be in love with Nanami. Bet he's freaking jealous of Sorata.
Tomatoes<3
Rita is pretty~

♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥
Dec 3, 2012 4:05 PM

Oct 2012
I see another love triangle. I also loves they added ryuunske to the op
AnimeHAwk616Dec 3, 2012 6:06 PM
Dec 3, 2012 6:25 PM
Sep 2012
LOL at everyone invading Sorata's room day and night. He just can't get a break in that house.

I was laughing when Sorata woke up to find his walls painted with anime pictures and later on when people started telling rumors about Sorata and Nanami right in front of them. Yup, just like high school.

LOL @ Rita becoming another Shiina and invading Sorata's room. Sorata might as well get another bed since he's not sleeping on it anymore.

I was surprised when Akasaka finally appeared and how he's like in class. Yay! It's Yui Horie.
Stark700 said:
Jealous Nanami
Funny Rita
Dat cute hug/Mashiro's joy
Rita hug in the morning
Trap Ryounosuke
Surreal ending as well.

Well, this episode got me a 5/5 from those.

Now for some obligatory Rita pictures:

Yup. Much more entertaining than Yuuko, and she's hot too.

Sorata keeps getting into one misunderstanding after another. LOL
Dec 3, 2012 6:32 PM

Jul 2012
Jesus, so much drama especially that painting at the end. Entertaining nonetheless.
My Anime Blog: http://www.Entravity.com/
Episodic overviews of the latest anime.

Dec 3, 2012 6:38 PM
Oct 2009
That development felt kinda cliché, and I thought Ryuunosuke was more interesting without having an appearance (well, at least for a bit more!!) so a bit of disappointment. Also, it's hard to care about the "omg should Mashiro go back to England" subplot as the end results are obvious.
However, their team project thing is interesting and I'm eager to seeing where that goes.
Dec 3, 2012 6:44 PM

Feb 2012
Basically, the summary of this episode: "Sorata no baka"

Stupid Sorata indeed o-o
Dec 3, 2012 7:03 PM

Jun 2010
All this development and it's only been 9 episodes.

Dec 3, 2012 7:10 PM

Aug 2011
Who even likes Sorata at this point?
Dec 3, 2012 7:21 PM

May 2011
Entravity said:
Jesus, so much drama especially that painting at the end. Entertaining nonetheless.

Yeah pretty much.

It's like every episode seems to deal with a "how you should live life" cliche.

This one Sorata's ending comment was BS.
BigDB64 said:

Stupid Sorata indeed o-o

Exactly.

An artist should do what inspires them. Not do something cause everyone else thinks it's amazing.

You can advise them what you think they should do if they ask. But at the end of the day, It's their life; It's their choice; It's not your decision to make.

This whole episode annoyed that crap out of me. The classroom gossiping drama. Them turning the English girl into an obnoxious intrusive antagonist. It was just,....* bleh*..annoying.

The only redeeming part was.... "Sorata no Baka"
CirrisDec 3, 2012 7:25 PM
Dec 3, 2012 7:36 PM

Feb 2012
Haha I lol'd so hard when Rita said Sorata didn't have a pair. Truer words have never been spoken.

As for the ep itself, it was enjoyable just like previous eps. Akasaka finally makes an appearance, and Rita is sexy. I don't think it's fair to Mashiro to bring her back to England just because of other people's expectations though. It should be up to her what she wants to do.

Anywho.. can't wait for next ep!
Dec 3, 2012 7:40 PM

Dec 2010
Another amazing episode, people may criticize Sorata but that's only because they can't put themselves in his shoes, its easy enough to say that people should do what they feel like doing as its also easy to ignore the fact that sometimes people make wrong choices, or have people never heard of "i made the wrong choice in life" you can think that you want to do something but in the end you just wasted your life away on something that was done on half baked thoughts, if Mashiro really wants to do manga then Sorata pushing her to go back to art should have zero affect if anything it should solidify her resolve and this will surely be portrayed to not only Sorata but Rita and both of them will accept her resolve. Well just felt like pointing that out since its a bit annoying how people insult Sorata with shallow reasoning, no one has to like the dude, heck he isn't even what makes this show nor carries it but at least give reasoning, its not like people can pull off a "Sorata no baka".
Dec 3, 2012 8:08 PM
Nov 2012
Great, so there's a guy that likes Aoyama. I see the author has his cheap card ready in case the final pair is Sorata x Mashiro.
Really disappointed about that .. there's enough love drama in the series.
Dec 3, 2012 8:14 PM

Jan 2011
good episode kinda like Rita even if she seems a bit weird to me for some reason,and Ryuunosuke the Trap! i mean look at all dat long hair ;_;
Dec 3, 2012 8:19 PM
Feb 2012
InfiniteDestiny said:
Another amazing episode, people may criticize Sorata but that's only because they can't put themselves in his shoes, its easy enough to say that people should do what they feel like doing as its also easy to ignore the fact that sometimes people make wrong choices, or have people never heard of "i made the wrong choice in life" you can think that you want to do something but in the end you just wasted your life away on something that was done on half baked thoughts, if Mashiro really wants to do manga then Sorata pushing her to go back to art should have zero affect if anything it should solidify her resolve and this will surely be portrayed to not only Sorata but Rita and both of them will accept her resolve. Well just felt like pointing that out since its a bit annoying how people insult Sorata with shallow reasoning, no one has to like the dude, heck he isn't even what makes this show nor carries it but at least give reasoning, its not like people can pull off a "Sorata no baka".

I completely agree with InfiniteDestiny. Sorata is the embodiment of common struggles that teenagers face in their highschool lives. I can easily find ways to relate with Sorata, and that's enough for me to really enjoy the fast paced development that this show is undergoing. Woot Sorata! :D
Dec 3, 2012 8:25 PM
Sep 2012
Episode went incredibly fast for me, was enjoying it too much.
5/5 for me.
Dec 3, 2012 8:37 PM

Oct 2010
I thinks Rita is a really great girl and I would never understand Kanda in the following,

How the fuck can you do that. It’s been shown in loads of animes but it never comes to my understanding about how a anime creator degrades his own kin by showing such stupid and ridiculous male behaviour. As a male I ashamed of Kanda. I would love to punch him sometimes. He might have good points but in general I see him as a weak shit. Although one can wonder how much of a rub in the following,
http://i1207.photobucket.com/albums/bb480/Yumekichi11/Picture%2039/hnrtrt564uhrt56h_zps4475832e.gif
Produced any effect on Rita it’s by far her breasts in the spoiler
that show not only volume but massiveness.

As such Rita »»»»»»»»the rest of the girls. Rita is my type of girl. I took Rita into my harem already. I shall leave at that and will write later if time allows in the club.

BTW I am a lot less pissed off than last episode..........cause.........of.......RITA!

- BLOG - My Club- Easiest way to reach the rest of my thoughts!
Dec 3, 2012 8:56 PM
Oct 2010
sorata no baka hnggg. maximum moe

ryuunosukes short appearance was too little. found him rather hilarious. and hot 0_o
Dont bother replying to my posts in forums, dont check them afterwards.

Dec 3, 2012 9:00 PM

Jan 2011
That Nyanboron painting that Mashrio did in Sorata's room looks so awesome! I laughed so hard when Sorata's classmates were spreading rumours about Aoyama and Sorata and then it changed to Sorata and Miyahara. XD Miyahara likes Aoyama. I'm hoping they'll show more of Miyahara. Serious Toradora vibes here. :DD

Rita makes her appearance and she sure is an interesting character. I laughed so hard when everyone in Sakurasou saw Rita on top of Sorata:
"It's fine that you let her sleep over, but I think you're getting along a bit too well" - Aoyama
"Sorata is an enemy" - Mashiro
"Congratulations, Kouhai-kun! You're a grown-up like the rest of us now!" - Misaki
"I'll give up my title of "Killer King" today." - Jin
"Kanda, I've been meaning to tell you... You piss me off." - Chihiro-sensei
^Love the dialogue in this Anime. XD

Ryuunosuke also makes his appearance and he seems to be an anti-social kind of computer nerd. I initially thought he was female because of his long hair. xD Loved it when he was telling the teacher why he comes to class and eats tomatoes. Misaki saying "I'll give you half the world" in that deep voice was AWESOME! WHOA WHOAAAAAA! That game they were playing was very entertaining. I laughed so hard when Mashiro kept saying 'Sorata no baka'. xD I really liked how they showed Mashiro's artwork at the end. Made that scene so dramatic and epic. Looking forward to the next episode. :)
Dec 3, 2012 9:05 PM

May 2011
Ryuunosuke finally show up.

Looks like it's big decision for Mashito and Sorata there.
Dec 3, 2012 9:37 PM

Oct 2007
Sorata answered with logic ...Sorata no baka! I suspect we'll get his answer from the heart near the end of it all.

And Ryuunosuke is <3
Dec 3, 2012 9:46 PM
Mar 2011
amusing epi

but cant mashiro be a great painter in japan? AND a manga artist?

anyway, looking forward to what they come up with for the festival. from what theyre talking about, it might be an interactive game that let alot of people control a giant robot cat
"....i am the villain in this story"
Dec 3, 2012 9:47 PM
Aug 2012
ElPsyCongr00 said:
InfiniteDestiny said:

I completely agree with InfiniteDestiny. Sorata is the embodiment of common struggles that teenagers face in their highschool lives. I can easily find ways to relate with Sorata, and that's enough for me to really enjoy the fast paced development that this show is undergoing. Woot Sorata! :D

Agree^

LOL at Dragon complaning at the end.
Dec 3, 2012 9:48 PM

Aug 2011
Sorata. How could you be so dumb. You may see the potential and the beauty of art, but in the end it's her choice. It doesn't matter how many people are waiting for her paintings, it matters what she wants to do. If she goes back to England with a half-hearted attitude anyways, she's not going to paint well. She should be where her passion lies, and Sorata should know that.

Although I say that, that's just my perspective as the viewer. I'd probably think the same way as Sorata in his shoes. I can relate to his feelings quite a bit.

The guy who liked Aoyama was cute. XD I'm shipping Miyahara x Aoyama then. But it's not like the anime will shed much light on him. But whatever.
Dec 3, 2012 9:57 PM
Nov 2012
Yumekichi11 said:
I thinks Rita is a really great girl and I would never understand Kanda in the following,

How the fuck can you do that. It’s been shown in loads of animes but it never comes to my understanding about how a anime creator degrades his own kin by showing such stupid and ridiculous male behaviour. As a male I ashamed of Kanda. I would love to punch him sometimes. He might have good points but in general I see him as a weak shit. Although one can wonder how much of a rub in the following,
http://i1207.photobucket.com/albums/bb480/Yumekichi11/Picture%2039/hnrtrt564uhrt56h_zps4475832e.gif
Produced any effect on Rita it’s by far her breasts in the spoiler
that show not only volume but massiveness.

As such Rita »»»»»»»»the rest of the girls. Rita is my type of girl. I took Rita into my harem already. I shall leave at that and will write later if time allows in the club.

BTW I am a lot less pissed off than last episode..........cause.........of.......RITA!

You're delusional.
Dec 3, 2012 10:22 PM

Jun 2010
The new girl reminds me of Haruka from Amagami.

Well, now it seems that Sorata gather his own harem.
Dec 3, 2012 10:41 PM

Jul 2012
No Sorata, its Mashiro's choice what she does, you have to be there for her! D:

If you really want to fit in, just put Legend of the Galactic Heroes in your top 5 and have it be the only 10-rated anime in your list.
Dec 3, 2012 11:16 PM

Oct 2010
a rondom bitch appear. serously she is ruining the perfect life in sakurasou. -_-. anyway, ryuunosuke appearing out of nowhere is cheating right. There's should be a rule against it somewhere. He's so cute though. (he would make a wonderful trap)
"Be engulfed by the flames of darkness and begone!" - Dark Flame Master
Dec 3, 2012 11:21 PM

Jun 2012
So we finally see Ryuunosuke in person and got introduced to Rita, Mashiro's old roommate in England. I find it interesting how while she wants Mashiro to go back to the art world, Rita personally can't stand how talented she is. When she was telling Sorata that eventually he'll break under Mashiro because of her talent that made me think of last episode when Sorata pushed her away because while his game failed to get chosen, she got chosen yet again. The end though when Sorata sees Mashiros painting and is literally "drowning" under the talent that is Shiina. He is so overwhelmed by it he can't help but tell her to go. I wonder if Rita is trying to bring Mashiro back on her own volition or if there are other people with their own agendas.

This episode wasn't all serious though, the comedy that arises from the chemistry between the cast was very prevalent. When Rita sleeps in Sorata's room and everyone else sees them together, their reactions were priceless; Jin's especially.When Mashiro was hating Sorata for thinking he was on Rita's side her "Sorata no baka"s were also great. Especially the last one when he sends her a heartfelt text but responds with a "p" as in "Stupid Sorata" X D
Dec 3, 2012 11:24 PM

Nov 2011
Nice to see the show getting back on track after a dissapointing last 2 eps

Join the MSP Club for an in-depth look at score progressions and other stats of currently airing anime
Dec 3, 2012 11:37 PM

Oct 2010
deathxempress said:
The new girl reminds me of Haruka from Amagami.
I was kind of having a cross over in designs. Design wise in terms of hair/eyes:
http://myanimelist.net/character/42564/Alice_Blanche
however when it comes to sexual appeal:
http://myanimelist.net/character/30398/Airi_Akizuki
but older and well bigger bust. Kind of weird mixture but those are my vibes I got from Rita.

- BLOG - My Club- Easiest way to reach the rest of my thoughts!
Dec 3, 2012 11:52 PM

Feb 2012
Stupid Sorata yes Mashiro is a far better painter then mangaka as things stand at the moment but thats half the joy of it is improving her skills as a mangaka ,and that being said the final choice is Mashiro's and hers only because its her life not his Rita's or anyone elses! Now that i'm done sounding preachy ,and got that outta my system i dare say another good episode with pretty ,and vibrant animation.
Dec 3, 2012 11:56 PM

Mar 2012
Again, I'm not sure how they stuff so much content into one episode and manages to make it seem so seamless, but they've done it anyway. Great episode.

Honestly, I was actually quite relieved when Sorata told Shiina that he's looking forward to her series. I'm also quite relieved that the episode didn't end on a cliffhanger. But no matter how impressed he is with Shiina's art, how can he just tell everyone that he thinks Shiina should go back to the world of painting? Anyway, I expect Shiina to make her stand next episode. Sorata is an idiot indeed. Still like him, but kind of disappointed how he just said that after watching Shiina's progress all this time.

Other thoughts: And Sorata's harem continues to grow. What a surprise. Could Ryuunosuke actually be a trap?...Why am I even questioning his/her gender? What has anime done to my worldview?
Dec 4, 2012 12:37 AM

Nov 2009

I see what you did there to this episode's opening JC Staff,
i see what you did there ಠ_ಠ
Dec 4, 2012 12:56 AM

Jul 2009
I'm not sure if everybody here understands how Sorata/Rita exactly feels. If you were ever blessed (some like Rita may say 'cursed') to have a friend with extraordinary amounts of talent, yet chooses not to make use of it, you may understand how they feels.

My best friend is like Shina, though not gifted to the point where he's on word class status like Shina, but he learns/retains things a lot quicker than most people; however, at the same time, possesses not even the slightest bit of ambition, and what he really wants is a simple life (no family, no high paying job, just basic necessities). In my opinion, what a waste. Give me those talents if you aren't going to make use of it, I'd say.

That said, now I feel like going to the art gallery. I want to see a painting where I'm immediately taken back by the sheer brilliance of the piece.
KurogashiDec 4, 2012 1:00 AM
Dec 4, 2012 12:59 AM

May 2010
Rita looks like a fun girl and finally Ryunosuke came out if his room !!
Dec 4, 2012 2:14 AM
Sep 2012
sure you can be jealous of your friends' talents but don't let that get to your head come on... pretty sick of how sorata is
Dec 4, 2012 2:18 AM

Nov 2011
Not like i hate Sorata, but who the hell he is telling what Mashiro should do. Same goes to Rita. She should just suck it up,that Mashiro is better painter than her. At the end of the day it should only matter what MASHIRO wants, not what Sorata or Rita
I swear god,if Sorata gonna give that "this best for her"crap in next episode,bodies starts to pile up...
Dec 4, 2012 2:33 AM

Nov 2008
Cirris said:
Entravity said:

Yeah pretty much.

It's like every episode seems to deal with a "how you should live life" cliche.

This one Sorata's ending comment was BS.
BigDB64 said:

Stupid Sorata indeed o-o

Exactly.

An artist should do what inspires them. Not do something cause everyone else thinks it's amazing.

You can advise them what you think they should do if they ask. But at the end of the day, It's their life; It's their choice; It's not your decision to make.

This whole episode annoyed that crap out of me. The classroom gossiping drama. Them turning the English girl into an obnoxious intrusive antagonist. It was just,....* bleh*..annoying.

The only redeeming part was.... "Sorata no Baka"

Well she is sort of a pseudo antagonist in the aspect that she wanted Mashiro out of her way more or less - shes not evil though - and I agree that aspect annoyed me in the story and I wanted this arc out of the way asap anime wise - Artists work with what inspires them - you can't force something like that they will paint or draw (or write etc) what they desire to. Mashiro still paints in her own way and she enjoy drawing manga - let her do her own thing but ya even with no prior knowledge everyone should know how this arc ends lol

Meetroid1 said:
Great, so there's a guy that likes Aoyama. I see the author has his cheap card ready in case the final pair is Sorata x Mashiro.
Really disappointed about that .. there's enough love drama in the series.

And theres more to come ;) But really it seems to me its Mashiro x Sorta (eventually) or Sorata x No One those really are the only outcomes
Dec 4, 2012 2:40 AM

Aug 2012
Great ep, but I have a feeling the next one is going to annoy me :/
Dec 4, 2012 3:17 AM

May 2010
I wanted that new girl to speak in the way she was speaking in the preview of last episode.I was more interesting that way..
Dec 4, 2012 3:27 AM

Apr 2012
hm...I'm not quite sure why everyone seems to dislike Sorata that much. True, he's fairly generic and kind of pathetic at times, but he sure is better than those harem protagonists that irritate you to no ends( i.e. Rito from to love ru). In fact I was quite surprised at how realistic Sorata seemed, being able to relate in a way to his reactions and feelings towards events similar to that of the show. Like others have stated, when someone has talent on an international level in something like art or music, he or she is likely to have many people(teachers,parents,friends,etc) persuading and guiding him or her in a certain direction. The plot developments were logical and as a result, predictable which admittedly made the show slighly less enjoyable for me.The humor however more than made up for it.It's baffling to think someone who is a genius artist go into manga drawing. As much as I like manga, there is a ceiling in manga art and it will always be inferior to well known paintings by the great masters in history like Da vinci.It is also true that Mashiro has the right to do what she enjoys but it is not certain whether she really wants to go into manga or whether it's a temporary escape or an act of rebellion.Also Sorata may feel bad for letting Mashiro stay in Sakurasou Hall because she is wasting her talents and Sorata will have to live with that.It's not as though Sorata can force Mashiro back to England but he has the right to tell Mashiro that it is a bad idea to stay and Mashiro has the right to ignore him completely.As an old adage goes, sometimes it is quite lonely at the top. People will resent you if you do not use your talents to their full potential. You owe it to the world and if you don't, you are quite frankly a loser. The whole idea of pursuing your dreams can sometimes be too idealistic.
omoikane27Dec 4, 2012 11:44 AM
Dec 4, 2012 4:48 AM

Dec 2009
English characters are always pretty for some reason.
I have my own anime blog. It's called Anime Viking. Hope you'll you read it!

Pages (4) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Sakurasou no Pet na Kanojo Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Oct 8, 2012

289 by Nayasianboy »»
May 21, 6:31 AM

Poll: » Sakurasou no Pet na Kanojo Episode 24 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

tsubasalover - Mar 25, 2013

641 by Wholesome_Seeker »»
May 13, 10:51 AM

Poll: » Sakurasou no Pet na Kanojo Episode 23 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Mar 18, 2013

402 by HandSonicPlayer »»
May 4, 11:16 AM

Poll: » Sakurasou no Pet na Kanojo Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Oct 22, 2012

246 by Kristhian1_ »»
May 1, 2:28 PM

Poll: » Best Girl

Shizuna - Mar 23, 2022

29 by Mochi_i »»
Mar 31, 10:42 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.