Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
School Rumble
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (3) [1] 2 3 »
Sep 17, 2008 11:33 AM

Apr 2008
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
So, that is that. This covered all the way to the end of the original SR manga. I feel a little jipped.
Sep 17, 2008 1:28 PM

May 2008
Any subs came out?
Sep 17, 2008 1:41 PM

Apr 2008
I don't think there are any out yet. I think it will be a few more days.
Sep 17, 2008 6:04 PM

Dec 2007
</sadface>
Sep 17, 2008 7:12 PM

Nov 2007
Yay for spanish speed subs.-

It somehow felt a little better to see the end animated than in the manga. Not what (shipping) fans would have wanted, but not quite a bad end.

My favorite joke was when Harima was asking for directions to the airport, then Tenma tries to say "Help, I'm being kidna-" then she's cut off by Harima speeding.
Sep 17, 2008 9:04 PM

May 2008
overfunk said:
Yay for spanish speed subs.-

It somehow felt a little better to see the end animated than in the manga. Not what (shipping) fans would have wanted, but not quite a bad end.

My favorite joke was when Harima was asking for directions to the airport, then Tenma tries to say "Help, I'm being kidna-" then she's cut off by Harima speeding.
I agree It was good.
They did speed up on what was on the manga still it was a good Ova.
Sep 18, 2008 12:20 AM
May 2008
ah~finally finished already. i felt sad to Karasuma-kun as he forgot every thing. even in the end he just remember a little. ah~ sad...
emm... Tenman cry as she is happy to meet Harima? i think so.
ah~ Itoko and Youko relationship still unknown... only schoolmate?? and Youko seem know many Itoko's secret... but, still did't talking about in this Ova.
Akira, Eri, Mikoto and Yakumo also less appear...

by the way, it still a nice ova.^^
Sep 18, 2008 5:07 AM

Jul 2008
it was ok, but i would prefer if they make a third serie instead of 2 ovas~~, too many great story elements were cut out.

Sep 20, 2008 7:07 PM

Sep 2008
an open end..
Sep 21, 2008 2:00 PM

Apr 2008
A typical half-assed non-ending. What a surprise.
Sep 21, 2008 2:21 PM
Apr 2008
that's the end of school rumble...man that was funny when karasuma said harima was hanai
Sep 21, 2008 9:39 PM

Jun 2007
That was a pretty good OVA. I guess Tenma heard everything Harima said on the bike and had also kind of figured out he liked her. I wonder how things will work out for the two in the future....I honestly hope Harima gives up on her and goes for Eri.
Sep 21, 2008 10:01 PM

Mar 2008
Does anyone else feel like re-watching all of SR again?
(26+2+26+2)
Sep 22, 2008 12:06 AM

Nov 2007
Same dumb ending as the manga. Not that I expected any different, but having it animated didn't make me feel any better.
Sep 22, 2008 1:20 AM

Jul 2007
The OVA was okay... A little random with Kurasuma's illness though.

I hope that Tenma actually wakes up and goes for Harima, but really, what are the chances of that? lol

Eri was talking about guys liking her for her looks rather than her personality... Tenma only started liking Karasuma because of his looks, she had no idea about his personality rather than his obvious introverted self.

Weird ending, not nearly as entertaining as the previous seasons...

Sep 22, 2008 1:59 AM

May 2007
I actually thought there was progress with Harima's unrequited love. Didn't read the manga so I just think it finally move somewhere after the huge gap. Never liked Karasuma but I feel bad for his mental illness. The deep moments between Eri and Harima was great and hilarious, I laffed all the way. The reunion ending was pretty sweet... Not fan of Tenma-chan but seeing her blissful for Kenji was touching.

The OVA overall is 8/10. It's definitely missing a lot, but these 2 eps aren't just random School Rumble episodes. This series is just one of those love comedy that shouldn't end. :<
Sep 22, 2008 7:59 AM

Aug 2007
If you think the ending is weird, this is the way the manga ends... =.= Anyhow, pretty good animation in this episode. The ending with all those scenes all through out the manga made me feel nostalgic =D
Dutch anime blogger with a love for Ikuhara's antics and proper storytelling.
Sep 22, 2008 8:10 AM

Aug 2008
It's over.. Well, I won't say i'm fully satisfied with how things turned out, but it could have been worse. Especially looking at how crappy the previous OVA was.

So in the end, Tenma never actually found out that it was Harima who saved her back then? And another thing: the manga is finished/completed/finito? So there definitely wont be any new stories after the final reunion.
Sep 22, 2008 2:23 PM

Jun 2008
ChiBuki said:
This series is just one of those love comedy that shouldn't end. :<

Agreed

The ending was kinda eh....disappointing i guess...
But to me School Rumble is one of those stories that is about what goes on in the middle, rather than the ending. It doesn't have a great plot, if it has a substantial one at all, but the funny high school situations are priceless...i hope they make episodes 1-24...

Sep 22, 2008 10:46 PM

Jun 2008
didn't they add a lot of HarimaxTenma stuff that the manga didn't have?
Sep 22, 2008 11:20 PM

Aug 2008
I liked this OVA... although pie throwing contest was too random. Still, I thought it's sweet, even if it is a little different from the manga.

I mean, come on guys, with a casual romantic comedy like this, there's no way you could've expected an epic ending.

Thanks, person who gave me this on another site a long time ago, lol.
Sep 23, 2008 5:23 AM

Jul 2007
Well dont forget that manga still goess on... Geez i cant relax unless i find who will end with Eri and Yakumo !!!!!
Btw good ova
Sep 23, 2008 11:43 AM

Apr 2007
it was ok. now I wonder if I should start the manga from z...
逃げちゃ駄目だ。
Sep 23, 2008 1:09 PM

Aug 2008
2/5

They've put whole volume in this ep. Mucho stuff missing and Im gonna hate them if they won't release 1-24, just coz of Eri arc. Srsly, it's the only thing I wanna see from the missing chapters, also I want more of Eri from the skipped part from these two episodes.
Sep 23, 2008 2:05 PM

May 2007
While it's still good, I really felt that this was rushed. This episode could've easily taken up 3 episodes. Oh well, it managed to make me laugh quite a bit (much more than the first episode) I can't say I'm impressed, but I like it nonetheless. Now, on to School Rumble Z.
4/5
Sep 24, 2008 1:25 AM

Aug 2007
They combined the best and the worst of the manga...

Yeah I think I'm writing a review for this...xD
Sep 24, 2008 10:47 AM

Jun 2007
I thought this was pretty weak on the whole. There were some good moments, such as Eri handing Harima's arse to him for being such a jerk. I hope things develop more in School Rumble Z, it would be a shame to have this as my lasting memory of the series, which up to this point has been brilliant.
Your search on "Oran Solus" returned the following quotes:
"Oran Solus? I know him. What a wanker. He still owes me a tenner." Oscar Wilde
"Oran, you're so intelligent and awesome <3" Bakayaro
"Oran's sexy." LolitaDecay
"Oran is a sophisticated penguin." Drybananna
"Oran is a Hand-Eye you faggots." EddieSpaghetti
"Oran for Prime Minister." the_prime_one
"Oran is all that is stated in his sig and more." orbitzz

Sep 24, 2008 1:13 PM

Aug 2008
i'm quite disappointed =.=
actually, i didn't read the manga, but from this kind of ending i can't rate this higher than 3/5. it was ok, but...they didn't conclude any relationships.

i agree with you saying that SR should have kept going on. -.-'
Sep 25, 2008 4:38 PM

Mar 2008

This episode just makes me go back to the old ones and forget it ever ended.
That ending was the most strangest, non-complete, brought-out-of-nowhere ending.

Favorite quote:
"Ha...ha...Hanai-kun."
"So close!" D:
Sep 28, 2008 9:13 AM

Jun 2007
That felt sudden... The ending was ok but yeah it was weird
I thought this was how the manga ended but now i know theres more... good
Sep 28, 2008 4:31 PM

Feb 2008
lol, the only thing worse than the School Rumble manga ending was seeing that pile of crap animated....
Sep 28, 2008 7:53 PM

Sep 2008
Oh no, it's finished :(
Not the ending i was hoping but could be worst...
Now i only have to finish the manga, and start to read z.
I will miss School Rumble, The entire serie was just great!!

Oct 3, 2008 2:04 AM
Mar 2008
Right when it got me back into the SR mood, I feel really dissapointed. Good OVA though.
Oct 5, 2008 8:05 PM

Mar 2008
guyklc said:
I liked this OVA... although pie throwing contest was too random. Still, I thought it's sweet, even if it is a little different from the manga.

I mean, come on guys, with a casual romantic comedy like this, there's no way you could've expected an epic ending.

lol true but the endings from season 1 and 2 were pretty epic :d

Oct 6, 2008 7:55 AM

Apr 2008
The OVA progressed well but ended for the worse. I can't call this an ending. It seems like an ending B in RPG games (normal ending, not bad, not good)

The story of romance didn't end. Is there another season or OVA?

Rated it 8/10

Oct 9, 2008 7:17 PM

Jan 2008
The OVA wasn't bad, it's just there was only two and they were the last two episodes that made it bad....
7/10
Oct 12, 2008 3:23 PM

Sep 2008
Darn, I still wished that something happened between Eri and Harima. O well, guess you can't get everything in life. :]
Oct 14, 2008 3:08 AM

Apr 2007
Sucks completely that they didn't just make a third season. With this, I don't think we are ever going to see School Rumble animated ever again, unless Z becomes unbelievably huge.

7/10

Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Oct 17, 2008 7:02 AM

Jan 2008
I don't see how anyone could have expected the ending to be any different. I've known from season 1 that we wouldn't get a proper ending. There were far too many relationships to resolve. Despite this, I clung onto the vain hope that we would get a Harima and Eri ending. I never really cared for Tenma or Yakumo.

*sigh* I really do feel for Harima. He's one of the most tragic characters I've came across in a while. I also have a question: Did Tenma fall in love with Harima or something? The way she looked at him at one point during that reunion confused me.

However, I did laugh and smile, so this OVA was successful in that aspect. I was rather confused about the opening scenes of episode 1. It's been quite some time since I watched season 2 (haven't watched since it finished), but I knew that those scenes didn't happen in the anime. Guess I'll have to read the manga.

3/5
MaxonOct 17, 2008 7:09 AM
Oct 27, 2008 7:36 AM

Apr 2008
I feel a little disapointed, 'coz I wanna more... That was great OVA, but this is not as much as I want I think. I feel some empty inside... What happend to Karasuma, Harmia and Tenma? What happend with rest of them? Ojou and Yakumo? I WANNA MORE!!!!
Nov 24, 2008 4:31 AM

Nov 2008
:(
Dec 19, 2008 9:16 AM

Nov 2008
less funny, more story, still loved it!
Jan 5, 2009 12:46 AM
Mar 2008
I'd love if they had made a full season explaining everything, like this OVAs are just too short and have plot holes everywhere, I still loved it. Having Karasuma shout "I love her too." and that kind of stuff was really kakkoi. However, I'm looking forward to the manga, which I am going to read later.
Jan 5, 2009 2:36 AM
Mar 2008
Anyway to be honest I don't know if I like it. During the series I wished to get Eri x Harima, I even wanted Harima x Yakumo, and I was interested in Karasuma. I liked this OVAs since they greatly developed Karasuma, and I ended up liking the guy, and I felt really bad for him, when they showed the draw Karasuma did of Tenma, I felt really bad.

Though we got a "fuck you" from the author (about Harima staying alone), I liked it. It was kinda strange too when Tenma said in the plane that she had herd what Harima said when they were running in the moto, and that maybe she had herd that lots of time before that. It was like, wasn't Tenma stupid? She looked more intelligent during a small period of time, which was rare.

Maybe the reason I liked this was that School Rumble wasn't serious at all about the main plot, after watching 52 TV episodes and 2 OVAs, I ended up wishing for some serious business about everything, instead of more comedy. Therefore I really loved that this two OVAs were just serious stuff.

Moreover, this OVAs are Ep. 25 and 26, why? Is there going to be a full season someday?
WishyJan 5, 2009 2:41 AM
Jan 9, 2009 3:16 AM

Aug 2008
Man that was... retarded. This reminded me of Mahoromatic's crap ending, although this wasn't nearly as bad.

So after two seasons and OVA's of constant romantic drama that was hilarious and full of great moments, the ending reads like this:

- the love of the main character girl, Tenma, ends up having alzheimer's, which didn't come up til the very end.... convenient.
- Harima backward confesses and is only acknowledged when Tenma is long gone and can't face him.
- Eri and Harima actually have a moment, which I thought would never happen, and they STILL don't end up together or even have a moment.
- Harima leaves and years pass until the last few minutes when it's all goody-goody again. Karasuma is still a vegetable, Harima is still hung up on Tenma and Tenma is still in love with the vegetable.

Wow. As good as anime is, the Japanese have also become experts on bad endings. It's laughable how bad most endings to anime are. *Sigh.
Romance comedy anime - Japan's gift to America
Jan 13, 2009 4:12 AM
Oct 2008
mcjazzman32 said:
Man that was... retarded. This reminded me of Mahoromatic's crap ending, although this wasn't nearly as bad.

So after two seasons and OVA's of constant romantic drama that was hilarious and full of great moments, the ending reads like this:

- the love of the main character girl, Tenma, ends up having alzheimer's, which didn't come up til the very end.... convenient.
- Harima backward confesses and is only acknowledged when Tenma is long gone and can't face him.
- Eri and Harima actually have a moment, which I thought would never happen, and they STILL don't end up together or even have a moment.
- Harima leaves and years pass until the last few minutes when it's all goody-goody again. Karasuma is still a vegetable, Harima is still hung up on Tenma and Tenma is still in love with the vegetable.

Wow. As good as anime is, the Japanese have also become experts on bad endings. It's laughable how bad most endings to anime are. *Sigh.

Well that is quite true.. like making cliffhanger endings like code geass 2.. what a dissapointment!! they do not want to answer all the questions that should be answered.
Jan 20, 2009 6:11 AM

Jul 2008
Dogfather-PuA said:
mcjazzman32 said:

Well that is quite true.. like making cliffhanger endings like code geass 2.. what a dissapointment!! they do not want to answer all the questions that should be answered.

and that would spawn the hope of having yet another followed sequel, if that would happen at all, right? :P
Website http://akariREMOVED.co.cc/sig/sig.php is reporting as Malware.
Jan 28, 2009 7:56 AM
Oct 2008
mcjazzman32 said:

LOL

Dogfather-PuA said:

coz they want you to buy the manga xD
Jan 28, 2009 9:59 AM

Aug 2008
mcjazzman32 said:

quoted for the truth

The endig is so bad, just coz mangaka fucked up his part.
Fucking pathetic.
Jan 28, 2009 4:16 PM

Jan 2009
i well miss school rumble..^^
more school rumble to come.. heh
Video Games ruined my life, good thing I have two extra lives.:D
Pages (3) [1] 2 3 »

More topics from this board

» So...should I even watch this?

Florete - Jul 16, 2010

11 by Fail_Man_X »»
Apr 18, 8:32 AM

Poll: » School Rumble: San Gakki Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Kiseki - Jul 24, 2008

81 by _untitled »»
Jan 2, 1:45 PM

» SR S3 Episode 1-24 Production

Puvi2Groovy - Jul 27, 2008

27 by Jacques_Monreal »»
Mar 4, 2023 8:47 AM

» Some questions regarding the series...

newgard - Jan 19, 2014

5 by Skittles »»
Apr 15, 2017 3:26 AM

» Disapointed !

MainGoldDragon - Apr 12, 2012

5 by Mkim »»
Apr 30, 2016 1:56 PM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.