Forum Settings
Forums
New
Apr 4, 2012 5:08 AM

Apr 2009
I have been looking into the deep internet for a little while now and was curious to know if anyone on MAL knew about it.

(Some of this was copied from BB.com, I'm just bringing it to MAL)

THIS IS LONG, BUT WORTH THE READ.

For those who don't know, the deep web represents a gargantuan part of the internet which is not accessible through regular searches via google or other search engines.

Searching on the Internet today can be compared to dragging a net across the surface of the ocean. While a great deal may be caught in the net, there is still a wealth of information that is deep, and therefore, missed. The reason is simple: Most of the Web's information is buried far down on dynamically generated sites, and standard search engines never find it.

Here are some facts on The Deep Web:

· Public information on the deep Web is currently 400 to 550 times larger than the commonly defined World Wide Web.

· The deep Web contains 7,500 terabytes of information compared to 19 terabytes of information in the surface Web.

· The deep Web contains nearly 550 billion individual documents compared to the 1 billion of the surface Web.

· More than 200,000 deep Web sites presently exist.

· Sixty of the largest deep-Web sites collectively contain about 750 terabytes of information — sufficient by themselves to exceed the size of the surface Web forty times.

· The deep Web is the largest growing category of new information on the Internet.

· Deep Web sites tend to be narrower, with deeper content, than conventional surface sites.

· Total quality content of the deep Web is 1,000 to 2,000 times greater than that of the surface Web.

· Deep Web content is highly relevant to every information need, market, and domain.

· More than half of the deep Web content resides in topic-specific databases.

· A full ninety-five per cent of the deep Web is publicly accessible information — not subject to fees or subscriptions.

What lies beneath the surface is a who's who of hackers, scientists, drug dealers, astronomers, assassins, physicists, revolutionaries, Government officials, Police, Feds, terrorists, perverts, data miners, kidnappers, sociologists, etc. As you can tell, the party goes across the entire moral spectrum.

SCREENSHOT OF THE HIDDEN WIKI: http://i.imgur.com/Xq7ih.png

Even underground fighting tournaments to the death (I'm not joking very real very organized). Very Real trained professional fighters. It may seem surreal but they are guys that train with the best and want no part of UFC or any fight league. Dudes who really enjoy fighting to the death. It's just crazy explaining it it's not some barroom brawl. These things happen and alot of millionaires pay big money to see them. Modern Gladiator battles. I heard there are some with humans vs animals.

However, 0.00000001% of all data on the dark web is stuff normal people will be able to access, understand and use. And even a small fraction of that is illegal stuff.. its not like some hardcore underground network of spies, killers, pedos and criminals. The rest % is used by their respected authorities.

Don't be an idiot and start clicking on links you see on the hiddenwiki, but poke your head in the door you'll see its not modern anarchy in there.

While the information on the deep web is vastly overwhelming, it should not be feared. In most aspects, the information is just there, it's what you choose to do with the information that can lead you to trouble and imprisonment. Producing, storing, exchanging, transferring information.

Before you begin I suggest learning how the deep web works and what you can do to better protect yourself against intruders and anything that can compromise your true anonymity

I'll post how to get on the Hidden Wiki next.

Here is a screenshot of a typical source in the Deep Web: http://i56.tinypic.com/241wnj5.png.

This is like some post apacolyptic world where they only accept the bizarre currency bitcoins and all the websites look like they are from 1990's era geocities.

BTC's are the deep web's form of currency.. bitcoins.
This **** is hilarious, bizarre, and terrifying..
half the time the sites dont work and result in the most cryptic jargon filled errors. the other half, you wait ten minutes for it to load only to see something which shocks you because of how serious it is. this is where the hackers hang out. The can use your own webcam to spy on you. (srs)

I know what you're thinking some of the best hackers around and the server is slow as. The servers are probably used to a pretty small amount of traffic. With the attention deep web has got from niketalk and anon. in the last few days they are probably struggling a bit I reckon. Could be wrong on that but basically patience is a necessity in the deep web.

Now I'm just a cog in the machine. A really big machine. And really just relaying information found on other fora as mentioned already. I'm just trying to find people that are in it already. I want to know what they're saying on current events, Libya, Nasa investigation on that metorite, higher alien life forms, where Adrian Wojnarowski gets his trade information from etc

While the information on the deep web is vastly overwhelming, it should not be feared. In most aspects, the information is just there, it's what you choose to do with the information that can lead you to trouble and imprisonment. Producing, storing, exchanging, transferring information.

I find it fascinating that there is such a large part of the internet unknown to most people and that contains such crazy sh*t like assassinations ect. Let me know if you have or havnt heard of it, what you think about it and if you have known about it, what are some of the things you saw?

"Honesty is the first chapter in the book of wisdom.
Alien vs Predator 2 is the movie version of that book"
This topic has been locked and is no longer available for discussion.
Pages (3) [1] 2 3 »
Apr 4, 2012 5:26 AM
Apr 2012
Yea, I've been there some times. Saw things as assassasination market and silkroad etc.
Was on the Hidden Wiki of course.
Apr 4, 2012 5:36 AM

Sep 2011
I find some of this hard to believe,

Example of a "Deep Web" site?
No.
Apr 4, 2012 5:39 AM

Apr 2009
The hidden wiki i posted a screen shot of it,
Apr 4, 2012 6:01 AM

Oct 2009
Also read darknet and dark internet.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Apr 4, 2012 6:03 AM

Nov 2011
I was pretty sure that something like this did exist, but I have no idea how to search around it safely. I guess the hidden wiki is a way, but I am still just a super paranoid person I guess.

"I like to expose what people hide. I'm an intellectual rapist." - Furudo Erika
Apr 4, 2012 6:05 AM

Sep 2011
Okay, trying to access Hidden Wiki through Tor now.

Scared of what I'll find.
No.
Apr 4, 2012 6:33 AM

Mar 2011
That was actually interesting. Guess you do learn new stuff every day.

I wouldn't be particularly scared of what I would find, but it sounds like going there puts you and your computer at great risk. Therefore I probably wouldn't do it.

Reading it, it sounds like a secret organization of the internet. The thought amuses me slightly.
Apr 4, 2012 6:45 AM

Jun 2008
DarkShards said:
I was pretty sure that something like this did exist, but I have no idea how to search around it safely. I guess the hidden wiki is a way, but I am still just a super paranoid person I guess.

Paranoid about what exactly? And seriously this deep web thing ain't anything that mysterious as it may sound, it's just websites that to not accept web crawlers. The content can be anything from a typical page or whatever but isn't that what internet is all about?
MonadApr 4, 2012 9:45 AM
Apr 4, 2012 7:02 AM

Dec 2011
So you just wanted to tell us about this Deep Internet? Wasn't really surprising that sites that Google doesn't show exist.
Apr 4, 2012 7:05 AM

Apr 2009
Fadeway said:
Torgle.com leads to a dummy portal. I suppose I have to somehow use the program https://www.torproject.org/ to enter?

Yea I use Tor it helps you stay anonymous and lets you go on .onion sites like the hidden wiki
Apr 4, 2012 7:06 AM

Jul 2010
Sorry for deleting my post Xtreme, it was a stupid question easily figured out :D
Apr 4, 2012 7:06 AM

Apr 2009
Sebulon said:
So you just wanted to tell us about this Deep Internet? Wasn't really surprising that sites that Google doesn't show exist.

That didn't surprise me the fact that there are sites to buy weapons drugs ect on is what did suprise me.
Apr 4, 2012 7:08 AM

Apr 2009
If anyone is going to go on sites like the hidden wiki I highly suggest you read up on how to stay anonymous/safe and just use common sense.
Apr 4, 2012 7:11 AM

Jul 2010
Do those random facts translate directly into the .onion domain, i.e. is the .onion domain hundreds of times bigger than what google addresses? I haven't accessed, but my gut feeling would tell me that .onion should have fewer sites than, say, .com, and that thus the "statistics" include other stuff that could be classified as "being on the net", as in, among others, private torrent trackers or Perfect Dark?
FadewayApr 4, 2012 7:33 AM
Apr 4, 2012 7:14 AM

Sep 2011
Just spent about 1 hour on these Onion Sites.

I was physically sick.

Some of it was interesting though.
No.
Apr 4, 2012 7:20 AM

Nov 2008
There must be some medical knowledge and business strategies that exist that I have no clue about there.

Apr 4, 2012 7:35 AM

Nov 2011
Monad said:
DarkShards said:

Paranoid about what exactly? End seriously this deep web thing ain't anything that mysterious as it may sound it's just websites that to not accept web crawlers. The content can be anything from a typical page or whatever but isn't that what internet is all about?

I'm not paranoid about what I'll find, I actually am very interested about stuff like this, but I am usually extremely careful with the sites I go to since I do not have an excellent firewall or anything. For sites I am not familiar with, I would always have people tell me if its safe from viruses or adware or anything first.

"I like to expose what people hide. I'm an intellectual rapist." - Furudo Erika
Apr 4, 2012 7:59 AM

Sep 2008
I recently began researching deep web, but stopped after seeing how big and " out of the law" it was. I don't really wanna have programes to browse and I wouldn't want to stumble upon illegal stuffand get in trouble for it.

Though I have to agree that this looks interesting and if you have the right knowledge it would be a major source of information.
Throw sticks or stones and I'll break you're bones, but words...I'll just delete 'em.
Apr 4, 2012 8:18 AM

May 2010
InfiniteRyvius said:
That was actually interesting. Guess you do learn new stuff every day.

I wouldn't be particularly scared of what I would find, but it sounds like going there puts you and your computer at great risk. Therefore I probably wouldn't do it.

Reading it, it sounds like a secret organization of the internet. The thought amuses me slightly.

I'll have to agree and add : damn, now this is going to be bugging the heck out of me!! I'm always all in for strange info for my stories :O
Apr 4, 2012 8:36 AM

Apr 2009
Here is a very good video about the deep internet

Apr 4, 2012 8:45 AM

Apr 2009
A pick from the tor library

Apr 4, 2012 9:09 AM
Jul 2018
mh... as expected there is alot of weird sh*t there... won't risk opening any of the directory links though. but thanks for informing
Apr 4, 2012 9:50 AM

Jun 2008
DarkShards said:
Monad said:
DarkShards said:

Paranoid about what exactly? End seriously this deep web thing ain't anything that mysterious as it may sound it's just websites that to not accept web crawlers. The content can be anything from a typical page or whatever but isn't that what internet is all about?

I'm not paranoid about what I'll find, I actually am very interested about stuff like this, but I am usually extremely careful with the sites I go to since I do not have an excellent firewall or anything. For sites I am not familiar with, I would always have people tell me if its safe from viruses or adware or anything first.

That's my point. If you know how to format then no matter what might invade your PC you can fix it. So the worse such stuff can do is make you reinstall Windows. If you keep important files in the windows partition then you should have already changed tactic even for normal web.
MonadApr 4, 2012 10:01 AM
Apr 4, 2012 10:10 AM
Jan 2012
Lol you guys.. no need to be paranoid. Just be safe :b=
Apr 4, 2012 10:15 AM

Feb 2012
Even underground fighting tournaments to the death (I'm not joking very real very organized). Very Real trained professional fighters. It may seem surreal but they are guys that train with the best and want no part of UFC or any fight league. Dudes who really enjoy fighting to the death.

And people didn't want to believe me years ago.
"I will close my eyes and let the darkness be the light that guides me through the path of chaos"

Call me the Jelly Factory. I'm the world's largest producer of jelly.
Apr 4, 2012 10:25 AM
Jul 2018
There's no point unless you're into CP or other equally nasty stuff. Enjoy getting v&.
Apr 4, 2012 10:36 AM
Jan 2012
sleeplesstown said:
There's no point unless you're into CP or other equally nasty stuff. Enjoy getting v&.

I thought we all were? :O Jk :)
Apr 4, 2012 10:53 AM

Jul 2010
Terminatez said:
sleeplesstown said:

I thought we all were? :O Jk :)

Yeah, but 2d, meatspace is gross.
Apr 4, 2012 10:58 AM

Jan 2011
Lol, something doesn't appear on google and it gets called the deep net.
Apr 4, 2012 11:03 AM
Jan 2012
JonyJC said:

Someone doesn't understand.
Apr 4, 2012 11:59 AM
Jan 2012
skutieos said:
Eh, deep web isn't too interesting. I've been there and back and I never found anything worthwhile.

You are correct. It's only interesting when you know what you're doing.
Apr 4, 2012 12:09 PM

Jun 2008
Image links do not work for me.

I dunno what you mean it can't be found by search engine. Does that also mean even if you type the URL in the search engine, it still wouldn't show up? It's just hidden from the algorithms altogether?
Apr 4, 2012 12:59 PM

Jul 2011
@Tachii
Well, most of these pages have .onion or other pseudo-top-level domains.
The pseudo domains may use a syntax like the official top-level domains and they serve the same function in creating names for network endpoints. They are used only for special purposes, typically for addressing hosts that were not reachable via the Internet Protocol for use in services such as E-mail and Usenet via UUCP.

Now, for example the URL for the hidden wiki is http://kpvz7ki2v5agwt35.onion/. You could just copy the URL into google, but locating the URL itself is the difficult part.
datfagApr 4, 2012 1:41 PM
The Internet is a very bad place, you should never go there.
Apr 4, 2012 1:41 PM

Jun 2011
JonyJC said:

It's not on Google because you can't access those sites through normal means.
Apr 4, 2012 1:57 PM

Apr 2009
I'm interested in those huge databases of information and the bitcoin economy, the rest is pretty insignificant, although creepy. What a great way to do dirty deals, and the way their value is supported by the sheer power of deep web is impressive.
Apr 4, 2012 3:07 PM
Jan 2012
VictimOfFate said:
I'm interested in those huge databases of information and the bitcoin economy, the rest is pretty insignificant, although creepy. What a great way to do dirty deals, and the way their value is supported by the sheer power of deep web is impressive.

Hidden wiki has links to some databases lol. Just be very careful on what you go onto.

skutieos said:
Terminatez said:
skutieos said:
Eh, deep web isn't too interesting. I've been there and back and I never found anything worthwhile.

Care to elaborate? No, seriously. I'm curious.

"Curiosity killed the cat" It can really fuck up your mind if you visit a horrible CP website.. :\
Apr 4, 2012 3:11 PM

Jul 2011
What ever this came from said:

· The deep Web contains 7,500 terabytes of information compared to 19 terabytes of information in the surface Web.

That seems like extremely sketchy information. Only 19 Terabytes of information?
Shameless self-promotion: http://www.pernerple.com/
Slyr3do0n said:
MAL is the dark underbelly of the anime community. While other naive fanboys and fangirls run around in real life forming clubs and squealing in deafening high pitch noises about their favourite animus, we remain here, meticulously dismantling the credibility of each and every show, until all that remains is a steaming pile of tropes and ass pulls which we then devour to gratiyfy our glutinous and masochistic desires.
Apr 4, 2012 3:15 PM

Feb 2010
Terminatez said:

"Curiosity killed the cat" It can really fuck up your mind if you visit a horrible CP website.. :

I kind of already did (by accident) and I didn't really care. I just want to know what you mean by "when you know what you're doing."
Apr 4, 2012 3:17 PM

Jun 2008
jrgcool35 said:

That seems like extremely sketchy information. Only 19 Terabytes of information?

Or like information from 1995. How can the internet have 19 terabytes when i have hard disks of total 9 terabytes almost full?
MonadApr 4, 2012 3:23 PM
Apr 4, 2012 3:18 PM
Jan 2012
jrgcool35 said:

skutieos said:
Terminatez said:
skutieos said:

Care to elaborate? No, seriously. I'm curious.

Here are some links to get you started:
http://kpvz7ki2v5agwt35.onion - The Hidden Wiki - contains all SORTS of info on tor sites
http://xmh57jrzrnw6insl.onion/ - TORCH, a tor search engine
http://eqt5g4fuenphqinx.onion/ - Core .onion, a tor site directory
http://4jbxjjrbakmdcmvb.onion/ - TorMarks, another tor site directory
http://silkroadvb5piz3r.onion/ - The famous Silk Road - a bitcoins-only marketplace for buying drugs and other items.
Apr 4, 2012 3:22 PM

Jun 2008
skutieos said:
Terminatez said:

"Curiosity killed the cat" It can really fuck up your mind if you visit a horrible CP website.. :

I kind of already did (by accident) and I didn't really care. I just want to know what you mean by "when you know what you're doing."

Probably mean how to find things you might be looking for. For me i look for documents and information and some smart downloads(especially e-books).
Apr 4, 2012 3:27 PM

Jun 2008
Terminatez said:
jrgcool35 said:

Your pic doesn't answer anything dude. Not 5% but even if only 0.5% was indexed by Google it should still be more than 19 terabytes.
Apr 4, 2012 3:29 PM
Jan 2012
Monad said:
skutieos said:
Terminatez said:

Probably mean how to find things you might be looking for. For me i look for documents and information and some smart downloads(especially e-books).

He's got it :) Also Some websites might have viruses or trojan or malicious javascript code to steal your private information or hijack your webcam.
Apr 4, 2012 3:30 PM
Jan 2012
Monad said:
Terminatez said:
jrgcool35 said:

Your pic doesn't answer anything dude. Not 5% but even if only 0.5% was indexed by Google it should still be more than 19 terabytes.

Well I wasn't trying to go against the percentage, because I'm sure no one can even search that up.. probably not even in the deep web ;) Jk haha. I was just posting it to show how its different. Also I'm sure the 19tb isn't right lol.

edit.. also deep web isn't all that mysterious unless you really want to see CP. I honestly feel when im in deep web 80% of it is CP.. ..pure pedos.. lol The only good stuff I think imo are the rebellious sites.
TerminatezApr 4, 2012 3:37 PM
Apr 4, 2012 3:55 PM
Jan 2012
Rheum said:
God, there's so many pedophiles there.

Yes, so many. I think every pedophile is in the deep web lol.
Apr 4, 2012 4:31 PM

Jan 2011
Terminatez said:
JonyJC said:

What's with the internet and trying to make everyone else look dumb? I know what the deep net is dude but this is a forum where I mostly fuck around while listening to Motley Crue and say only half of what I mean while making jokes and speaking with double entendres.

Edit: Out of curiosity I went to see the definition of deep web and seems like I wasn't that far of.
LJohnApr 4, 2012 4:37 PM
Apr 4, 2012 4:51 PM
Jan 2012
JonyJC said:
Terminatez said:
JonyJC said:

What's with the internet and trying to make everyone else look dumb? I know what the deep net is dude but this is a forum where I mostly fuck around while listening to Motley Crue and say only half of what I mean while making jokes and speaking with double entendres.

Edit: Out of curiosity I went to see the definition of deep web and seems like I wasn't that far of.

Wasn't really trying to make you look dumb, but I can see how it seems that way. Even so isn't that kind of what* your post does to the OP? :P Haha.
Apr 4, 2012 5:00 PM

Apr 2009
jrgcool35 said:

I am not sure whn exactly the study was done, but I think it was in 2003 but im not sure. This video has info on the 2003 study go to 2:22
Apr 4, 2012 5:41 PM

Jan 2011
Terminatez said:
JonyJC said:
Terminatez said:
JonyJC said:

Wasn't really trying to make you look dumb, but I can see how it seems that way. Even so isn't that kind of what* your post does to the OP? :P Haha.

I was making fun of the concept itself but I can see how it doesn't seem that way. Putting toughs in writing is hard work.
This topic has been locked and is no longer available for discussion.
Pages (3) [1] 2 3 »

More topics from this board

Sticky: » The Current Events Board Will Be Closed on Friday JST ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Luna - Aug 2, 2021

272 by traed »»
Aug 5, 2021 5:56 PM

» Third shot of Sinovac COVID-19 vaccine offers big increase in antibody levels: study ( 1 2 )

Desolated - Jul 30, 2021

50 by Desolated »»
Aug 5, 2021 3:24 PM

» Western vaccine producers engage in shameless profiteering while poorer countries are supplied mainly by China.

Desolated - Aug 5, 2021

1 by Bourmegar »»
Aug 5, 2021 3:23 PM

» NLRB officer says Amazon violated US labor law

Desolated - Aug 3, 2021

17 by kitsune0 »»
Aug 5, 2021 1:41 PM

» China Backs Cuba in Saying US Should Apply Sanctions To Itself

Desolated - Aug 5, 2021

10 by Desolated »»
Aug 5, 2021 1:36 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.