Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »
Jun 3, 2011 9:48 AM

Nov 2007
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Cecil is so cute for coming out of the luggage, and informs Kujou about Victorique.

Kujou found Victorique, but she refused him.

Victorique is solving a mystery for her father by force, and Kujou is helping out behind her.

The women with the same feature with Victorique and Cordelia...

Both siblings got locked, and the magician... I kind of don't know his purpose, though. Seems like helping Kujou, or trying to get Victorique away. Nontheless in the end, Kujou is involving (meddling, he said) her.

So, solving the mystery given by her father is the final arc??
I Two Syaorans from Tsubasa RESERVoir CHRoNiCLE and TRC!!!
Jun 3, 2011 11:35 AM

Jan 2009
Oh, Cecil. I hope you freeze to death.
And Albert won't even see her himself. *sigh*
Ohai Brian. And ohai Cordelia~
And wow, Kujo's like, dumb. Cecil's even more so.
Guess what, Brian's pretty cool and all. He doesn't do shit to solve things himself though. And neither does Cordelia. Everyone is relying on Victo to solve everything.
So anyway, I can see there being two possible outcomes of this case.

And I guess since it was 16 years since Cordelia disappeared, that would make Victo 15.

Also, why are occult people always such nutcases?
Protip: I don't really check the forums anymore, so if you want something, take it on my profile.
Is it time for my long-awaited return to the forums? щ(゚Д゚щ) Nope™, probably not.
Jun 3, 2011 11:51 AM

Oct 2010
Kujo is trying to not be useless and kinda gather some chaos pieces, but by some reason never inform them to Victorique. Maybe next episode.

Also

They really don't look like the same person, but that might just be my impression. Then again Brian is suppose to be a great illusionist. (Ill swap for better res as soon i get ones)

I find it rather funny that even the ritual seem like something from the occult department, it was no more than a bunch of artifacts to help her focus. Sadly it was not that she couldn't focus, it was just that there wasn't enough clues in the room.
huh?
Jun 3, 2011 12:53 PM
Nov 2010
They're trying to make Victorique solve a puzzle without even giving her any pieces :/
Kujo was slightly useful, trying to get info on the mystery.
Jun 3, 2011 1:17 PM
Jun 2011
Anyone got any ideas as to the possible meaning of the line on Nicole Lulu's tombstone at the end of the episode? It reads: [fr] Argent et mignon oisillon bleu de dors ici à jamais. With 'dors' as imperative of 'sleep' ( = SLEEP!) and 'de' making the first part the object of the verb you can get:

Sleep here forever, silver and blue darling nestling! or
Sleep here forever, money and darling blue nestling!

Or another possibly with the simple verb form: I sleep here forever as the silver and blue darling nestling. Why not be obvious and chisel in 'DIG HERE FOR THE CLUE' ?
Jun 3, 2011 1:45 PM

Aug 2010
Obviously they were searching for a double ganger of the queen, so they could pull of that head - body trick. I hope I'm wrong.

Jun 3, 2011 2:24 PM
Mar 2010
ByeByeMrMoon said:
Obviously they were searching for a double ganger of the queen, so they could pull of that head - body trick. I hope I'm wrong.

Considering how predictable the mysteries are in this series, it's very plausible. I was also thinking of something along the lines of that when they mentioned the secretary audition.
Jun 3, 2011 2:28 PM

Jun 2010
Cecil is so jealous of Kujo. Victorique needs more information about the case than just information that the public will get. They need people's knowledge and other information people have than things they can read. Now that she's given the opportunity to roam around, she'll be able to solve the case and a clue might be in the grave of Nicole.

Jun 3, 2011 2:40 PM

Oct 2010
herox3 said:
ByeByeMrMoon said:

Considering how predictable the mysteries are in this series, it's very plausible. I was also thinking of something along the lines of that when they mentioned the secretary audition.

Everything points that way, such a shame she had what 19 years (1881-1900), she gets "scouted" get her head chop of and then her head explodes (?). She was suppose to resemble in order to fool the witnesses, but the question Victorique's father (which i think was present during the head explosion) had was not this. It was why she fake her death?
huh?
Jun 3, 2011 6:06 PM

Jul 2008
choyos said:
herox3 said:
ByeByeMrMoon said:

Everything points that way, such a shame she had what 19 years (1881-1900), she gets "scouted" get her head chop of and then her head explodes (?). She was suppose to resemble in order to fool the witnesses, but the question Victorique's father (which i think was present during the head explosion) had was not this. It was why she fake her death?

I am hoping the mystery is a little more complex than a simple body-double trick.
Jun 3, 2011 7:26 PM

Jul 2010
Kujo screaming 'VICTORICAA' was really getting on my nerves. Shouting one time doesn't seem to work for this guy, he HAS to scream for her like five times before he feels satisfied.

</rant>
Jun 3, 2011 8:26 PM

Feb 2011
Alvord12 said:
Kujo screaming 'VICTORICAA' was really getting on my nerves. Shouting one time doesn't seem to work for this guy, he HAS to scream for her like five times before he feels satisfied.

</rant>

ya he's overacting too much

and her stupid father is overacting too
tying victorique lightning the candles or whatever ritual plus those annoying guards who keep nagging her ear
how the hell can she concentrate to solve the mystery if the guards keep shouting "solve it!"
pressure can't solve anything. :/

anyways looking forward to solve the coco mystery
Jun 3, 2011 8:56 PM

Mar 2011
XxshizxX said:

tying victorique lightning the candles or whatever ritual plus those annoying guards who keep nagging her ear
how the hell can she concentrate to solve the mystery if the guards keep shouting "solve it!"

Well, he works for the government.

Governments never work on common sense and rationality, especially when they're from the branch of the "Ministry of Occult"
Jun 3, 2011 9:05 PM

Sep 2008
... the head exploded...
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jun 3, 2011 11:10 PM

Aug 2008
Alvord12 said:
Yeah, I thought the same. He repeated so many lines in this episode.

XxshizxX said:
We cannot hope for rational thoughts from this father who has gone insane.
Jun 4, 2011 12:27 AM

Feb 2010
Alvord12 said:

</rant>

this.

so annoying.
Jun 4, 2011 12:42 AM

Jul 2008
Vanisher said:
Alvord12 said:

</rant>

this.

so annoying.

Yeah, I swear half the dialogue this episode was just Kujo screaming about Victorique.
Jun 4, 2011 2:34 AM
Apr 2011
I dislike Kujo's shouting of Victorique's name.
Jun 4, 2011 5:10 AM

Apr 2010
Alvord12 said:

</rant>

I think most of us all agree on this.
It was the one factor that prevented me from enjoying this episode as much as I should have
Jun 4, 2011 6:16 AM

Aug 2008
lol Kujo sounds so whiny everytime he screams out Victorique's name.
I swear every episode he has to mention her name like thrice.

Anyway this Coco case seems pretty interesting. I'm curious about the identity of the gentleman who gave Sophie tickets to the show.
Jun 4, 2011 7:45 AM

Sep 2009
Oosran said:
Also, why are occult people always such nutcases?
Because it's cool to be one.

I demand the staff to change Kujo's VA even if it's really really late.
Not expecting much complexity from the case because so far it has grandly disappointed me.
Jun 4, 2011 7:49 AM

Feb 2008
ByeByeMrMoon said:

if that's so, then the ultimate question would be why? what's the reason for making it look like the queen's dead?

also, is Coco Rose supposed to be '"dead" already?

i went back to some parts of the Leviathan story, but couldn't find a clue..

except that the Jupiter Roget guy who tried to disprove alchemy, was also the same guy who witnessed the exploding head thing... and supposedly also the man who gave Sophie a ticket, and is sitting beside her...

Alvord12 said:

</rant>

yeah, Kujo's getting very annoying... seriously, he's so dense a character... damn...
Jun 4, 2011 9:30 AM

Aug 2009
God damn it Kujo, STFU. She heard you the first time!
I swear if Kujo shouts out "VICTORICAA!" one more time, I'm going in there to bitch slap him.
Jun 4, 2011 12:47 PM

Jun 2009
That Nicole sure looked like Coco a lot. I wonder if Nicole's grave is actually empty while she herslef siwtched places with queen for some reason and got murdered instead. Still can't see reason to kill the queen.
Kujo is so annoying and Grevil needs more screentime.
Jun 4, 2011 12:48 PM

Oct 2008
Ok, my theory!
The loony queen died in 1900. Possibly killed her self, after the Leviathan incident. For some reason the government doesn't want to reveal the queens demise, so they scout for a substitute. Nicole Lulu takes the queens place (alas becomes a nobles mistress), while the real Coco Rosie is buried in Nicole Lulu's grave. The fake queen gets sent off to her land residence, where she's out of the public eye, so no one would reveal the fraud. In 1914 the French emissary demands a meeting with the queen, so in fear of getting the fraud exposed, they get rid of Lulu.
Jun 4, 2011 1:18 PM

Apr 2010
It's obvious that Nicole's death and that of the queen is connected and there is a big possibility of one of the still being alive tho question is who.
The ministry of Occult is also a faction that does something else then what it's name implies there just fore filling the wise of the marquise and his hunger for a new world.
The question is what will he gain from all of this and is he the one that killed the queen?
Jun 4, 2011 1:36 PM

Nov 2008
I swear to god Kujo said/shouted Victorique's name 28 times in this episode!!! Yes I counted XDD

I think that's his best record yet. Someone should make a 10 min vid for this XDD

. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .anime . manga . updates . ♫♪ . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .
Jun 4, 2011 7:58 PM

Feb 2010
herox3 said:
ByeByeMrMoon said:

Yeah... I immediately thought this.

As for Brian Roscoe... I feel like he was demonstrating that it's possible for a person to be at 2 places at the same time (using and illusion/doppelganger/whatever)... in his own weird way, I feel like he was trying to show them & give them clues.

But yeah... excited for next week! 4 more eps left... ;_;
Jun 4, 2011 8:21 PM

Jul 2008
catscradle said:
Anyone got any ideas as to the possible meaning of the line on Nicole Lulu's tombstone at the end of the episode? It reads: [fr] Argent et mignon oisillon bleu de dors ici à jamais. With 'dors' as imperative of 'sleep' ( = SLEEP!) and 'de' making the first part the object of the verb you can get:

Sleep here forever, silver and blue darling nestling! or
Sleep here forever, money and darling blue nestling!

Or another possibly with the simple verb form: I sleep here forever as the silver and blue darling nestling. Why not be obvious and chisel in 'DIG HERE FOR THE CLUE' ?

Well as I'm french I can answer this question.
To begin with it's 'Argent et mignon oisillon bleu, je dors ici à jamais.'
The english meaning would be 'Silver and cute blue chick, I forever sleep here'
Jun 5, 2011 6:14 AM

Jul 2009
This show starts to piss me the hell off just by the fact that Kujo has to mention V's name 20 bloody million times every single bloody episode. What in the hell is wrong with him.......
Jun 5, 2011 7:21 AM

May 2010
im kind of lost now.....
but oh well... it was a good episode ... i always like listening to Victorique's voice ^-^
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jun 6, 2011 2:21 AM

Aug 2008
"You're doing it wrong!" Grevil knows what's up. It was painful to watch those Occult bastards screw things up. I'm looking forward to Victorique solving this mystey, though things seems pretty clear at this point. There are some f*cked up people in this country...

Jun 6, 2011 5:20 AM

Nov 2007
As annoying as Kujo's "Victorique!" screaming is, I still have to commend him for actually DOING something, unlike most heroes of shows like this.

herox3 said:
ByeByeMrMoon said:
Mmhmm, I'm quite sure that's the case. It was obvious the moment Kujo saw the picture of Nicole. But still, the main mystery is who was behind it, not so much how they did it.

choyos said:
She was suppose to resemble in order to fool the witnesses, but the question Victorique's father (which i think was present during the head explosion) had was not this.
Nope, the "Minister of Science" was present during the head explosion but the Marquis is the "Minister of the Occult". The guy who was present looks like the guy who was sitting next to Sophie in the play. (the one who gave her a ticket)

MusashiRose said:
As for Brian Roscoe... I feel like he was demonstrating that it's possible for a person to be at 2 places at the same time (using and illusion/doppelganger/whatever)... in his own weird way, I feel like he was trying to show them & give them clues.
Oh, that makes sense o7

The two Roscoes have slightly different hairstyles, but idk if that was just animation fail or something else.
amayadoriJun 6, 2011 5:24 AM

Znips: When Shay is born she just crawls back in the womb to shitpost for another year
Jun 6, 2011 6:13 AM

Jun 2009
toneytigre said:
God damn it Kujo, STFU. She heard you the first time!

This.

That is one annoying shout and it didn't just happen once but multiple times and I'm a person who doesn't get annoyed easily when it comes to anime.

On the bright side. The case was interesting since it got me thinking and backtrack at some points of this episode.
Jun 6, 2011 6:31 AM

Nov 2008
Well yeah it was kind of annoying to hear Kujo shouting Victoriques name, but if someone is in that kind of situation I think it's something normal to do.
Jun 6, 2011 7:30 AM
Feb 2009
Alvord12 said:

</rant>

this.
really make me wanna kill him reeeeeeeaaaaaaalllllyyyy badd....
Jun 6, 2011 2:43 PM

May 2009
How come there are two of Brian?

Good episode. Kujo did shout her name a lot, but I've gotten used to him doing that throughout the course of the anime. At least he did something useful.
Jun 7, 2011 5:35 AM

Oct 2010
Is it just me, or did Brian get some randomly awesome powers. Yeah, he's a magician, but to pull off a teleportation/doppelganger illusion, and some air bender skills, hats off to him ^^

4/5 from me.
"Isn't life, by nature, a contest decided by a single round? However trifling the matter, it's not possible to return to the last save point by pushing some reset button." - Kazuki Hoshino, Hakomari, Vol. 1
Jun 7, 2011 8:51 AM
Jul 2010
Aversa said:
It's obvious that Nicole's death and that of the queen is connected and there is a big possibility of one of the still being alive tho question is who.
The ministry of Occult is also a faction that does something else then what it's name implies there just fore filling the wise of the marquise and his hunger for a new world.
The question is what will he gain from all of this and is he the one that killed the queen?
It is not possible that one of them is still alive but one that day, two people died (or one of them was already dead). Because there's no way they could kill a person at the same time her head appeared somewhere else. So, assuming that really no one got in the room besides the king, the king really did it. It makes sense as exposing the king would really get Marquis de Blois the power he strives for. Except that there's no reason for him to kill his beloved wife. So I believe she was already dead, Nicole was taking her place (as she was confined in the country house, there was no big problem about someone finding out she was a fraud but as the emissary wanted to see her...) So imo, the body was Nicole's and the exploding head was that of the queen. So, in Nicole's grave they'll find a headless body, I think - the queen's body. I could be wrong in some details but I'm positive it'll be something along those lines.
Jun 7, 2011 8:52 AM

Jul 2010
Good thing he got the chance to get to her so he can help her solve the case now. Pretty interesting case as well.

That actress and the queen looking alike must have something to do with it. If Coco died in 1900, but someone has seen her in 1910, it must've been the queen? Looking forward to see how this unfolds!

Jun 9, 2011 7:58 PM

Jan 2008
The animation seemed to have change a bit in this episode. If you look at the hair you'll notice how all of the characters have more details in their hair and alight alterations. Maybe I'm just crazy but whatever. I understood the story bug I had a hard time following it, wasn't loving this episode too much
Jun 10, 2011 9:04 AM

Oct 2010
Kujo is getting on my nerves. All his shouting and meddling... Rrr.
[insert awesome signature here]
Jun 10, 2011 2:36 PM

Jul 2009
Kujo, seriously, must you repeat yourself a thousand million times? Plus I hate your whiny little voice D<
Also, I kind of doubt you can fit yourself into a suitcase lol O_O I mean I've never tried but yea ...
Nicole obviously has something to do with the Case, she's pretending to be Coco maybe?
Brian's uber fast movements were like wtf lol
So glad this is finally finishing. To be honest I expected more out of this "grande finale", and I haven't gotten it so far :S
Jun 11, 2011 8:42 PM

Jun 2008
Alvord12 said:

</rant>

I think everyone feels this way....

Honestly despite the fact we're at the climax of this series, I never really liked any of the characters, they're just too annoying.
Jun 15, 2011 12:07 PM

Aug 2010
Well, at least Kujo helped in this case even if he was annoying screaming Victorique's name.
Jun 24, 2011 1:57 PM
May 2011
GarLogan78 said:
Vanisher said:
Alvord12 said:

</rant>

this.

so annoying.

Yeah, I swear half the dialogue this episode was just Kujo screaming about Victorique.
hes taking lessons from orihime, regardless of what situation your in, scream your mates name multiple times
Jun 29, 2011 9:35 AM

May 2010
VICTORICAAA!!! Just like what others said, it's soooooo annooooooooying.. /rage

Also, I don't know what Brian is trying to do. He freed Victorique then uses smokes then disappear. O_o

I hope he's not randomly showing off his magic. lol

And what's wrong with those guards tying Victorique and forcing her to solve the case? -_-

As to the case, it was obvious that it has something to do with a body switch.
Aug 1, 2011 9:44 PM

Mar 2011
I'm thinking that the ring girl was a body double for Queen Coco and they used her to fake the Queen's death, but that seems a little too obvious.
Aug 9, 2011 8:15 PM

May 2010
Lol, so Kujo is annoying, and this case obviously involves a body double (though I doubt it will be completely predictable, this series has a habit of not giving the viewer enough information until it's too late. I prefer stuff like detective conan where you are suppossed to solve it during the commercial break, but whatevs). But, on a completely unrelated note, did anyone else think that painting with the white silhouette of a bird (dove?) was beautiful?
“Money can't buy dere”
Aug 9, 2011 8:17 PM

Aug 2011
i cant rememebr is it this episode or next where shit hits the fan,
Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Gosick Episode 24 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Oosran - Jul 1, 2011

519 by kazuki_tenta »»
May 6, 1:18 AM

Poll: » Gosick Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

timeagent - Jan 14, 2011

201 by redorzo »»
Apr 30, 12:08 PM

Poll: » Gosick Episode 23 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

tsubasalover - Jun 24, 2011

169 by gannoncannon55 »»
Apr 3, 7:36 PM

Poll: » Gosick Episode 22 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

tsubasalover - Jun 17, 2011

114 by gannoncannon55 »»
Apr 3, 6:20 PM

Poll: » Gosick Episode 21 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

tsubasalover - Jun 10, 2011

101 by gannoncannon55 »»
Apr 1, 10:49 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.