Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (3) [1] 2 3 »
Jan 25, 2011 8:21 AM

Nov 2007
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
LOL~~ LOVING Miura and Sawako interaction!

BTW, OP title reads Sawakaze, according to this (available for DL today!)

Full OP
tsubasaloverFeb 17, 2011 1:23 AM
I Two Syaorans from Tsubasa RESERVoir CHRoNiCLE and TRC!!!
Jan 25, 2011 11:17 AM

Nov 2008
Cleaned up topic. If a RAW hasn't dropped yet, then don't bother posting in an episode discussion. Unless you're one of the lucky few who manage to watch it via a live-stream.
Jan 25, 2011 6:00 PM

Dec 2009
Wow! I very love this episode because I managed to see many cute expressions of Kazehaya-kun.

Jan 25, 2011 6:07 PM

Oct 2010
Beautiful episode and first one of this season that got me emotional and as the title suggests reached out to me. Mainly because of Sawako's expression in the spoiler
When Sawako has her happiness period so to speak it really gets to me. It's like a anti-depressant. Just bring you back to happiness and I like that with anime. Anyways

^Sawako looked like a murderer with that facial expression above. As for the episode flow, Sawako's facial expression of looking goofy, surprised and scary continue to entertain me. Kento is what worries me more due to a few things. Among them he claims to be esper and in fact during Ayane's conversation with him, he knew Sawako likes Kazehaya. Furthermore that nasty smile afterwards of his gave me bad vibes already despite him at one point looking cool with his pose. Also there is the fact that 3 girls came to see him and they don't look bad but he was flirting with them. Ayane did not like that at all.

Sawako being cheerful in regards to Miura's compliments was good and having the classical gathering of everyone towards her was kind of nice but it was kind of repetitive. Despite that, Sawako definitely can be a great teacher. I think she even said in the first season she wants to be one. Well anyways it was nice to see all around her listening attentively to her and being grateful. At the end I am so for Kazehaya to beat up Miura in that face off but I know it won't happen. Let's see how Kazehaya will handle him next episode. Excellent episode. Oh yeah I also saw at the end Kento's seiyuu. He does not look so bad and his smile is nice (pretty sure lots of girls would go out with him in Japan) but can anyone translate the questions? (Looking at you Tsubasalover).
Yumekichi11Jan 25, 2011 6:13 PM

- BLOG - My Club- Easiest way to reach the rest of my thoughts!
Jan 25, 2011 10:10 PM

Nov 2007
Yumekichi11 said:
Oh yeah I also saw at the end Kento's seiyuu. He does not look so bad and his smile is nice (pretty sure lots of girls would go out with him in Japan) but can anyone translate the questions? (Looking at you Tsubasalover).

Request fulfilled in spoiler:
tsubasaloverJan 25, 2011 10:16 PM
I Two Syaorans from Tsubasa RESERVoir CHRoNiCLE and TRC!!!
Jan 25, 2011 10:10 PM

Aug 2010
Now the competition is on!! OMG Sawako's smile is scaryyy!!!

Miura vs Kazehaya Go! Go!
Jan 25, 2011 11:08 PM

Aug 2010
this kento guy is cool, am i the only one who likes this guy? i got tired of kazehaya.
Currently Watching: Durarara!!
Jan 25, 2011 11:29 PM

Jul 2010
Yumekichi11 said:
Oh yeah I also saw at the end Kento's seiyuu. He does not look so bad and his smile is nice (pretty sure lots of girls would go out with him in Japan)
If he wasn't married, then yeah. :P

Sawako Super Smile Strike #2! Same reaction as before. I loved it.

Not really sure what to think of Kent yet. I don't like him, but I don't dislike him, if that makes any sense. He seems suspicious, yeah, but I'm not gonna judge the guy until we find out if he is or isn't the male version of Kurumi.

Kazehaya~ was so cute this episode. Then again, I always think guys are cute when they're jealous. But we haven't seen him much this season, you know? Glad he was finally getting some good air time.

Next episode: Misunderstanding
This is like... a keyword in KnT. In fact, they should have called this Kimi ni Todoke S2: Misunderstanding. XD

I was so hoping for a confession with the way Kazahaya was towards the end, but it was just like the last episode with them both standing alone together, awkwardly, in the classroom. Kent, I hope you're there to talk sense to this guy who claims he is losing patience. I really do.
Jan 25, 2011 11:35 PM

Dec 2007
I'm not sure if I like or dislike Kento yet, but one thing is for sure: He's a breath of fresh air which the series definetely needed.
yakisobapanJan 26, 2011 12:26 AM
Jan 25, 2011 11:53 PM

Jul 2009
This episode was hilarious and very touching. This is the pace that I like best; making me want moar!
Jan 26, 2011 12:05 AM

Sep 2009
Kazehaya sure is taking his time. For a second, I thought the fated moment had come...but no, Kazehaya decided to take the harder route.

I don't know what to think of Kento yet. Either he goes after Sawako, knowing she likes Kazehaya, or he helps Kazehaya get closer to Sawako.
Jan 26, 2011 12:12 AM

Dec 2010
Thought I was watching season 1 for the most part. That Kent guy at least brings some fresh air.
Jan 26, 2011 12:21 AM

Oct 2010
saxophone15 said:
I don't know what to think of Kento yet. Either he goes after Sawako, knowing she likes Kazehaya, or he helps Kazehaya get closer to Sawako.
I was thinking exactly like that too. Can't really judge him yet but I personally give him the title of suspicious, probably due to that smile I pointed it out in earlier post.

- BLOG - My Club- Easiest way to reach the rest of my thoughts!
Jan 26, 2011 1:21 AM

Feb 2008
Duuude... just confess to her.
Jan 26, 2011 2:46 AM

Sep 2010
I seriously don't understand it. It's not like the creators don't know how to do decent characters and character interactions as most of the dialogues are fine and some are even freaking brilliant. But whenever Kuronuma and Kazehaya are talking alone it gets frustrating, irrational, stupid and ultimately ends with no development whatsoever. And all that forced drama only appears with the main couple...why?
Jan 26, 2011 3:07 AM

Jan 2010
Veronin said:

haha lol I agreeeeee~ When he said to Ryuu "Im losing my patience" I was like FINALLY he grew a pair!!! And then in the class room awkwardness/ saying that there previous conversation meant nothing!!! I was like Kazehaya you DUMMY/BAKA!!!

Buttt Kent is a very nice, refreshing breeze~
Jan 26, 2011 3:10 AM

Oct 2010
mljato said:
I seriously don't understand it. It's not like the creators don't know how to do decent characters and character interactions as most of the dialogues are fine and some are even freaking brilliant. But whenever Kuronuma and Kazehaya are talking alone it gets frustrating, irrational, stupid and ultimately ends with no development whatsoever. And all that forced drama only appears with the main couple...why?

Yea you just pointed out all the missing & disappointed things in the series.
Jan 26, 2011 3:32 AM

Jan 2011
Everyone is blaming Kazehaya but I think Sawako bears a lot of the misunderstanding that is going on here too. If you watch the last two episodes, including this one, every time Kazehaya tries to reach out to Sawako in his own "refreshing way," in the style of his old self from season one, Sawako avoids his gaze. Has she even had a full conversation with him this season while reciprocating his gaze? No. She sorts of give off the impression that she's uncomfortable with him because she avoids his gaze or says "very little" to him. From Kazehaya's perspective, she doesn't appear to be interested in him in that way. Add that to the chocolate incident (which I fully understand the reason why she didn't give him even though I was and am still peeved) where Ryuu, Ping and everyone else gets chocolate BUT Kazehaya, he should be rightfully discouraged about pursuing her. She's friendly with some guy she just met, but treats Kazehaya like that. No wonder Kazehaya is having a hard time with this and the misunderstanding between them continues to deepen.
Taylor_elleJan 26, 2011 4:00 AM
Jan 26, 2011 3:53 AM

Jun 2008
Sawako: Maybe i really am creepy.
Me: NO SAWAKOOO! YOU'RE ADORABLEE<3

Miyano Mamoru is the best to voice characters like kento ^^
Jan 26, 2011 4:05 AM

Oct 2009
I love jealous Kazehaya.
apart from that - all scenes with Sawako and Kento were hilarious! especially one, when he tried to make her say "good morning" normally xD
Jan 26, 2011 4:08 AM

May 2008
oh god dammit wth Staring at Kazehaya and Kuronuma like that just irritates me like hell. but i understand how they feel though, its not easy to confess... in a sense its ebtter cause it shows how innocent and pure both of them is, i just hope that Sawako will finally get the guts to talk to Shouta properly and he will confess and they will live happily ever after. Omedetashi Omedetashi.

Awesome Sig by Lailide
Jan 26, 2011 4:33 AM
Jun 2010
Master Kento is the best character.
Jan 26, 2011 4:43 AM

Nov 2007
Sayonara7 said:
Veronin said:

haha lol I agreeeeee~ When he said to Ryuu "Im losing my patience" I was like FINALLY he grew a pair!!! And then in the class room awkwardness/ saying that there previous conversation meant nothing!!! I was like Kazehaya you DUMMY/BAKA!!!

S2 has just started, the manga is still ongoing, yet you expect Kazehaya to confess already?
You guys seem to forget that Sawako isn't a stereotypical shoujo character.
She's been a social outcast for the longest time, therefore her social skills are limited.
And now she's starting to experience being in love for the first time. Any girl would be nervous to talk to the object of her desire, for Sawako it's even worse.

And Kazehaya may be popular, but like any regular guy, he gets nervous around the girl he loves. Sawako with her awkward mixed signals dosn't help either.
So as Taylor-elle pointed out, he has every reason being doubtful about confessing.

On another note, I did feel like kicking Kazehaya for being so incredibly vague with his:
"Forget what I said at that time"
(if that was translated correctly).
Something so open for intrepretation is bound to lead to misunderstandings.
desolatoJan 26, 2011 11:43 AM
Jan 26, 2011 5:02 AM

Jul 2008
Still too much beating around the bush. It only took 3 days for me to court my current girlfriend. We've been together for 4 years and 8 months now.
Jan 26, 2011 5:09 AM

Aug 2010
The new guy is really taking this show in a good direction imo.
Jan 26, 2011 5:23 AM

Jun 2008
What I foresee.. don't worry this is only my idea and not a spoiler!

Kento started to get well interested with Sawako and will ask Kazehaya if he really likes her. If he doesn't, Kento will make a move to make Sawako her's.

that's what I think..

Episode comment:

the jealous kazehaya was really nice to see.. thinking I'm seeing myself at that guy but at that awkward moment when he and sawako is alone. why did he make a non-development statement? are they seriously going to end the 2nd season by 13 episodes or their going to extend by 3rd? gahh confused ~_~

Visit our website at http://www.animeotakucorner.com
Jan 26, 2011 5:24 AM

Sep 2009
wa~~~ irritating ><'''
although this was the bast ep. in this season so far =D ~ ♥
I really like kento for some reason (one of them is his seyuu xP ) and he is really like a frash breez this anime needed!!!
But I really think sawako needs to be with kazehaya~
dammit sawako, tell him ><... ;.;
the Kento-Sawako parts are just hillerious, (he is doing what I wanted to do all this anime xD ).
kazehaya has the cutest jelouse-face EVER xDDD ♥♥♥♥♥♥

and I just wanted to hug sawako to death and tell her how adoreble she is in that part~ ♥
Sorry I'm late. I got lost on the road of life. -Hatake Kakashi (Naruto)
A dropout will beat a genius through hard work. -Rock Lee (Naruto)

Jan 26, 2011 5:28 AM

Apr 2010
i loved Kazehaya admitting to Ryuu that he's getting impatient, and I love him getting jealous because of Kent.. but it's really sweet that he's worried about rushing Sawako... It's so cute, but still too slow-moving in my opinion.

If you don't remember something, it never happened. If you aren't remembered, you never existed. <3
Jan 26, 2011 5:45 AM

Aug 2009
LMAO! This is the 1st time I saw Kazehaya with some angry personality! XDD

Im tired of Kazehay always misunderstanding.. and Sawako not speaking up...

But again... its the classic sawako that I love! ^__^

KENTO IS SO FUNNY! XDDD

Sawako's smile is as pretty as always

Kento and Sawako are pretty cute!!

AND...
AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!
IM IMPATIENT!!! I CANT WAIT FOR THE NEXT EPISODE!!! *gonna read what happens in the manga*

(I already am on chapter 53 of the manga, but I forgot what happened)
Jan 26, 2011 6:00 AM

Apr 2010
This episode was the first one I enjoyed. I'm looking forward to Miura and Kazehaya's talk.
Jan 26, 2011 6:05 AM
Jan 2011
next episode title is :Missunderstand its a major problem in kimi ni todoke its all about missunderstanding LoL :D but still love it :D
Jan 26, 2011 6:20 AM

Sep 2009
At least they're talking again, but it appears the relationship took another step backwards. Oy.
Jan 26, 2011 6:33 AM

Jul 2009
Fan girl screams* I also really like Kento for some reason XD End up with Sawako(although I know it's impossible)
Jan 26, 2011 7:40 AM

Jan 2011
cleo said:
She's been a social outcast for the longest time, therefore her social skills are limited.
And now she's starting to experience being in love for the first time. Any girl would be nervous to talk to the object of her desire, for Sawako it's even worse.

Thank you! You definitely understand the character. I can understand why others would get impatient with her (and I’m no exception) but Sawako is indeed still in the early stage of developing her social sensibilities particularly because she’s been ostracized for so long. And if we think about it, it hasn’t even been a year since she became friends with Ayano, Chizu and the rest. I’m pretty sure she’s still in the frame of mind where she thinks its “impossible” for Kazehaya to like her. And she’s rightfully nervous because there is always the looming possibility of rejection when it comes to confessing. Unfortunately, however, she’s building a wall between her and Kazehaya without even noticing it.

cleo said:
And Kazehaya may be popular, but like any regular guy, he gets nervous around the girl he loves. Sawako with her awkward mixed signals dosn't help either.
So as Taylor-elle pointed out, he has every reason being doubtful about confessing.

Again, you hit the nail right on its head. Kazehaya gets nervous around the girl he likes. It’s understandable because it’s a common emotion for people to have around the person they like until they gain that comfort level that allows them to be just themselves around the person they like. Kazehaya is also not a shy guy like some people like to say. People shouldn’t confuse nervousness or awkwardness with shyness in his case.

Anyway, regarding Kazehaya’s patience, back in season one when Kazehaya asked Sawako about her feelings on dating and she responded so strongly that she thought it was a mature thing and she couldn’t even think of it, I think that’s when he decided to be patient and wait until Sawako was ready for something more. The way I see it, the guy is being patient with Sawako because of her personality. I think this is a good thing because it’s important to “consider” an individual’s personality when you are trying to reach out to them. If for example Kazehaya was attempting to court someone like Kurumi, I would have expected him to do it in a totally different way because of Kurumi’s personality.

cleo said:
On another note, I did feel like kicking Kazehaya for being so incredibly vague with his:

Yeah, that wasn’t a good idea but I think he probably felt that he made things even more awkward between them because of what he had said so he was most likely trying to smooth it over by trying to put her at ease. Of course, he’s doing this without the knowledge that she is in fact in love with him so he’s making it worse. LOL Misunderstandings galore.
Jan 26, 2011 8:08 AM

Aug 2010
I'm loving Kento :) he really lightens up the show
Jan 26, 2011 8:30 AM

Dec 2010
Still, we already got that in season 1 and now it seems like all the development is gone and they start from the beginning. And of course there will be a misunderstanding, thats realy how they try to keep this story going, or better, how they keep the story from going. I guess the magic of this show is gone the moment they confess, so they delay it as long as possible.
Jan 26, 2011 9:01 AM

Jan 2011
Unfortunately, when a couple gets together in any kind of medium, be it tv, manga, anime, movie, etc, there is always the real fear of loss of interest. However, things are most likely going to get a lot more interesting from here. I'm certainly looking forward to seeing Kurumi again.
Jan 26, 2011 9:04 AM

May 2010
cleo said:
S2 has just started, the manga is still ongoing, yet you expect Kazehaya to confess already?

Very well said.
This Kento guy spiced things up.
Again, Sawako's scary and happy smiles are priceless. :)
desolatoJan 26, 2011 11:45 AM
Jan 26, 2011 9:14 AM

Feb 2009
Oh Kazehaya, I just want to give the poor guy a hug. I feel so bad for him, he really is trying very hard and usually just ends up making things worse by trying to make them better. *Sigh*

The "O-Hay-oooo" scene was hilarious. And then Kazehaya giving that frustrated groan was just the icing on the cake. Poor dude~

"Kazehaya is so lively! So refreshing! But that's alllllll~" The angry look on his face after that is classic.

That's it, we need more Kazehaya. It seems like he's barely there, especially with how much screentime he got last season.

Sawako was actually going to say something to him this time around but he walked out way too fast, the only time this episode I really facepalmed. "Oh! OH! She's gonna- Damn Kazehaya, why you gotta walk so fast."
Jan 26, 2011 10:34 AM

Aug 2010
Kipcha said:
Sawako was actually going to say something to him this time around but he walked out way too fast, the only time this episode I really facepalmed. "Oh! OH! She's gonna- Damn Kazehaya, why you gotta walk so fast."

Haha, that is how this show is always for me and I love it for some reason. So many facepalms...
Jan 26, 2011 10:39 AM

Mar 2010
Gawd, this is amazing !
Jan 26, 2011 10:43 AM

Oct 2009
MeltyxBlood said:
this kento guy is cool, am i the only one who likes this guy? i got tired of kazehaya.

No xd
I love this episode... Miura is soo sweet...
And this quiz... I lol'd at it... XD
Jan 26, 2011 11:50 AM

Dec 2009
nznznz said:
Thought I was watching season 1 for the most part. That Kent guy at least brings some fresh air.
If he wasn't there, this season would be a letdown. I really miss the ChizuXRyuu factor from season 1... Some of the comedy from season 1 is missing too -- needs more Pin?

entropy13 said:
Still too much beating around the bush. It only took 3 days for me to court my current girlfriend. We've been together for 4 years and 8 months now.
Congrats!... but lol at "current". I know you don't mean it that way, but "current" makes it sound like there's an expiration date to this relationship :-p
Jan 26, 2011 12:39 PM

Mar 2010
Very tense episode! Very dramatic, as well! I look forward to seeing how Kazehaya deals with the competition! Looking forward to the next!
Jan 26, 2011 2:53 PM
Jul 2018
Veronin said:

Let just make this a 4 episode season!

I really don't like Kent.

Kazehaya should put on some Marvin Gaye music in the classroom and it will be on in no time!
Jan 26, 2011 2:55 PM
Dec 2007
Kento is so much funnier than Kazehaya. Oh and atmosphere and character development are still ever so sweet and great.

In every age, in every place, the deeds of men remain the same.
Jan 26, 2011 3:20 PM
Mar 2009
I think Sawako will become a teacher.
Jan 26, 2011 5:42 PM

Dec 2010
StormViruz said:
cleo said:

Very well said.
This Kento guy spiced things up.
Again, Sawako's scary and happy smiles are priceless. :)

Yeah, this is all very true.it is jst her personality and how she is. Kento does make the anime more watchable or else it would be too ... the story would be drawn out too much, Also, Sawako's smile is what catches people heart, its just too lovely~

So far this is my favorite episode, the part when Sawako looked at herself in the mirror and when Kent was tiring to teach her how to say a greeting normally was funi. Loved this episode.
Jan 26, 2011 5:45 PM

Sep 2009
i sense jealousy
Jan 26, 2011 5:50 PM

Aug 2010
In before Takuto confesses to Kazehaya and this turns into boy love.
Pages (3) [1] 2 3 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Kimi ni Todoke 2nd Season Episode 7 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

tsubasalover - Feb 22, 2011

157 by Abyss_Souls »»
May 9, 8:10 PM

Poll: » Kimi ni Todoke 2nd Season Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

tsubasalover - Mar 1, 2011

168 by Abyss_Souls »»
May 9, 8:08 PM

Poll: » Kimi ni Todoke 2nd Season Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

tsubasalover - Mar 29, 2011

102 by Rexnihilo »»
Apr 25, 9:34 AM

Poll: » Kimi ni Todoke 2nd Season Episode 6 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

tsubasalover - Feb 15, 2011

212 by Rexnihilo »»
Apr 24, 7:14 PM

Poll: » Kimi ni Todoke 2nd Season Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

tsubasalover - Mar 22, 2011

182 by LuxuriousHeart »»
Mar 12, 8:45 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.