Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
A Certain Magical Index (light novel)
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (3) [1] 2 3 »
Dec 10, 2010 8:12 AM

Nov 2007
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Misaka meeting Touma's parents lol~

Summary
I Two Syaorans from Tsubasa RESERVoir CHRoNiCLE and TRC!!!
Dec 10, 2010 8:39 AM

Sep 2010
yeah, Index vs Misaka is so cool )))

Index in normal dress is very cute ~~~
Oriana is a bitch, but she's cool too
Touma was a slowpoke when Tsuchimikado collapsed...

11 episode will be EPIC =)
2e16nig.png
Dec 10, 2010 9:14 AM

Oct 2010
There is 2 major amazing things in this episode. For one, the Oriana VS Touma fight! I got to hand to Oriana using her magic was quite a nice variation included this time since the fight was against Touma and did she ever pawn Motoharu with a magic spell Touma could do shit against. In the end the punch lands good!

On the other hand that body of Oriana the way it was lying with those breasts splendid fan service of her! They should have a shower or bath scene with Oriana.

The second most amazing thing is that I think this was first for Misaka to meet Index, am I correct? Good comedy right there except the fight did not escalate and it was shorter than I though. Anyways cheers to Misaka VS Index
Good fight Oriana!
Yumekichi11Dec 10, 2010 12:07 PM

- BLOG - My Club- Easiest way to reach the rest of my thoughts!
Dec 10, 2010 10:26 AM

May 2010
Yumekichi11 said:
The second most amazing thing is that I think this was first for Misaka to meet Index, am I correct? Good comedy right there except the fight did not escalate and it was shorter than I though. Anyways cheers to Misaka VS Index
Good fight Oriana!

No, they met in season one at the magician arc.

Even when I was in crowd, I was always alone
Dec 10, 2010 10:53 AM

Oct 2010
Confucius said:
Yumekichi11 said:
Good fight Oriana!

No, they met in season one at the magician arc.
Confucius said:
OMG, now I remember and I haven't finished seeing again the first season in BD. Guess this episode brings back the feud, rather good too. You like this encounter or the one in youtube better? This one is better IMO.

Dec 10, 2010 11:51 AM

Oct 2010
a nice ep. first the fight with the ero lady xD which was pretty strong, i just wish that touma could stop hitting girls ><
and then the last part with index was just simply lol
Dec 10, 2010 12:05 PM

Oct 2010
OH shit I just realized 2 things about the preview, Komoe sensei covered in blood will be a WTF and Himegami at the part in the pic will be very pleasant to watch, been sometime since I have seen her like that. I hope mid point will be awesome, something big must happen and I think it's starting in the next episode.

We also got to see some nice index fan service in this episode.
Yumekichi11Dec 10, 2010 12:08 PM

Dec 10, 2010 1:07 PM

Nov 2008
Index didn't bite when she got annoyed at Touma, it's a miracle. She's better off just punching him out of annoyance from now on. Oriana cheats enough said and she had a spell that Touma couldn't properly negate at first, but the fight was really good.

Dec 10, 2010 1:55 PM

Feb 2008
Oh no Touma is full of blood.

Nothing ventured, nothing gained (Girls und Panzer der Film ) / from Nishizumi Miho

Dec 10, 2010 3:21 PM

Jul 2009
Yumekichi11 said:
Anyways cheers to Misaka VS Index
Good fight Oriana!

Mikoto VS Index scenes are always a nice touch, but damn, Mikoto's mom looks like she's been drawn by Picasso in a couple of scenes. Yuck.

Btw, Kuroko runs Touma over in the preview? xD
Dec 10, 2010 4:12 PM

Jun 2010
Touma should be a criminal to defiling the face of my lovely Oriana. She's the first good piece of fan service we've had in a while on Index. The Misaka and Kamijou family meeting up was pretty interesting, I always love seeing Biribiri get flustered. And Index is even cuter now that she's dropped her biting habit for a flushed-face light hit (yes, a light hit, don't make it worse than it is). She's just adorable. Though Tsuchimikado is still my focus.

Hoppy said:
Index didn't bite when she got annoyed at Touma, it's a miracle. She's better off just punching him out of annoyance from now on. Oriana cheats enough said and she had a spell that Touma couldn't properly negate at first, but the fight was really good.

Pretty sure this is her new habit when she gets irritated. There's a couple pluses with Index doing this, as opposed to other females in this series, and other series. Index doesn't really do it hard, and she's more or less honest with her feelings concerning Touma (aside from maybe ones she doesn't understand herself). In short, any other female would have made up a shitty excuse and pummeled Touma, but Index was straight up saying she was mad for getting ignored, which makes her adorable. I'd give her all the attention she needed.

I think next episode should have a pretty amusing encounter of Komoe and Stiyl. Can't wait for that if they decide to show it.

As for Komoe being covered in blood,
Dec 10, 2010 4:35 PM

Apr 2010
That final reaction was great Misaka's mother must look or be very young judging from the fact that everyone mistakes her for her sister.
She seems like a nice person tho.
Misaka's reaction towards Touma and Index was fun to watch, and her reactions when Index started questioning her where great!!
That Cross sounds like a weapon of pure tyranny!!
Forcing people to become Catholics and then there suppose to be happy that pure hypocrisy and goes completely against free will.
It would basically mean that Academy city would go back to the middle ages when the church ruled supreme and pretty much no technological advancement was made.
Not to mention the number of wars that raged during those times and the number of people that where killed or tortured because they had different believes.
And they call that happiness?

Miss Thomson was pretty nice this episode her attacks are great each time a different one makes it very hard to attack her.
She is pretty sadistic tho but everyone has there flaws.
Dec 10, 2010 4:55 PM

Jul 2008
and pretty much no technological advancement was made.

There were no electricity and steam, but technological progress was there... or more exactly, re-discovering knowledge lost during the Early Middle Ages... ironically most of them in west being stimulated by the Western Christian Church (which will be called Catholic after Reformation starts in New Age). Age of Enlightenment is just when technological progress was speeded up because certain conditions have been met (improved organization, middle and low class no longer being illiterate, greater investment in science and some other).

Not to mention the number of wars that raged during those times and the number of people that where killed or tortured because they had different believes.

Conflicts of beliefs happened all until year 1990 when USSR and Soviet Communism collapsed. They may restart in future if we are not lucky.
In other words, again neither Middle Age exclusive nor Catholic exclusive.

You'd be surprised how many people are stupid enough to actually do that...

Not really protecting Catholic Church with all these arguments as much as being annoyed by some stereotypes.
Dec 10, 2010 5:23 PM

Nov 2007
best part was touma and his parents meeting mikoto and hers. need more of that. also hilarious when mikoto said "like father like son." Touma is really punching a lot of bitches in the face lately too.

I have no idea what the hell that stab sword does yet or still what the big deal is. oh well.
Dec 10, 2010 5:27 PM

May 2010
Anyone noticed the amount of panty shots for Index this season...? I mean they even showed it when she is running, this is turning into Rosario Vampire no?
Even when I was in crowd, I was always alone
Dec 10, 2010 5:35 PM

Apr 2009
It's just me or the animators really hate drawing Touma and Tsuchimikado?

Look at that...Tsuchimikado fuc*ed up.

And btw

My face after seeing this =

Mod edit: Please put large images in spoiler tags
SaitoeDec 10, 2010 11:22 PM
Dec 10, 2010 5:37 PM

Sep 2007
Any scene with Oriana made this episode watchable. Mikoto being boringly dere and Index useless as usual.
Dec 10, 2010 5:55 PM

Apr 2010
pffft, I shouldn't have been eating during this part..

fight between Touma and Oriana is great, Oriana having different spells thrown one after another is very nice to watch.. glad Touma's sermon isn't that long, well I guess it's just appetizer since it's still not the end of the arc.. and obligatory Touma punch as usual.. lol oriana fanservice max!! hmmm, why can't I get a bad guy feeling from Oriana?? hope she's really on the good side after this arc is over..

best moments are Misaka moments of course!! lol at her meeting Touma's parents.. and I find the argument between Misaka and Index really awkward, they already met during last season and met again during this arc I thought they would have been more acquainted already.. guess Touma has a bit of explaining to do next episode.. here's me hoping for more Misuzu teasing Misaka in the future.. :D
Dec 10, 2010 6:07 PM
Jul 2009
That was Misaka's mom, I thought she was the other doctor from the railgun season. "HAHA" sums up the episode.
The fight sceen was tight, and Oriana's moves where hot. But it was kind of quick how she fell at the ending of the battle. Did she just want to end the fight?
Stiyl is a wise man and Tsuchimikado is quick to recover. Misaka's meeting Tomo's parents was pretty cool, she reacts alot more funny then last episode. And the way the parents bump into each other is pretty fatefull. But the way Oriana bumps into people I wonder if she's putting papers on them, to do that. I thought it was really cool how Stayl planed on putting that talismen on the bus before hand. I hope Fukiyose gets a chance to pay back Oriana even if she doesn't know what happend to herself.
Dec 10, 2010 6:20 PM

Mar 2010
Just like someone noticed it here, I think J.C. Staff is going low-budget with this series as the animation and drawing quality of this series has gone a pretty steep downhill... They are abusing too many cheap distant shots or face shots with :-| expression with the characters' mouth barely moving...

I'm starting to miss the good old Railgun series... sigh.

Dec 10, 2010 6:24 PM

Apr 2008
Misaka's mom so pretty xD HAHAHA

Dec 10, 2010 6:42 PM

Apr 2010
Nayrael said:
and pretty much no technological advancement was made.

There were no electricity and steam, but technological progress was there... or more exactly, re-discovering knowledge lost during the Early Middle Ages... ironically most of them in west being stimulated by the Western Christian Church (which will be called Catholic after Reformation starts in New Age). Age of Enlightenment is just when technological progress was speeded up because certain conditions have been met (improved organization, middle and low class no longer being illiterate, greater investment in science and some other).
It might have been naive of me to say that there was no technological advancement at all.
But the progress made during the Middle Ages wasn't much.
And the church stimulated knowledge as long as it didn't conflict with there ideology and there position in society.
If you wanted knowledge in those days you either had to be nobility or be willing to devote your life to the church.
Off course there not the only ones that where responsible for the slow advancement in technology and knowledge.

Nayrael said:

Conflicts of beliefs happened all until year 1990 when USSR and Soviet Communism collapsed. They may restart in future if we are not lucky.
In other words, again neither Middle Age exclusive nor Catholic exclusive.
People are still killed today for having different believes.
But it happens allot less then it did in those days, i mean you could get killed because you didn't went to the church every sunday.
And it's true that religion isn't always responsible.
But still there more people killed because of religion then for any other reason.
And Catholicism is also partly responsible for this.
The crusades are example of this.

Nayrael said:

You'd be surprised how many people are stupid enough to actually do that...

Not really protecting Catholic Church with all these arguments as much as being annoyed by some stereotypes.
Maybe it's a bit stereotype.
But seeing as the church was one of the major powers during the Middle Ages they are also partly responsible for the things that happened during that era.
Fact remains that everywhere they came people where forced to convert to there religion and if they didn't want to they where tortured or killed.
And afterwords saying that it was to bring them happiness.
Dec 10, 2010 6:53 PM

Sep 2009
Why must this episode end at the best part? I'm very much looking forward to some more Misaka/Index/Touma/Parents interaction.
Dec 10, 2010 6:53 PM

Oct 2010
orangehouse said:
The breasts I tell you! The breasts, which brings me back to Mikoto WTF is the thing her breasts are not as developed? They should be genetically.
mystik said:
I have no idea what the hell that stab sword does yet or still what the big deal is. oh well.
They explained it that it can slay a Saint in shot. In other words I stab you and you just have a wound, I stab your friend who is a holy priest, because he is holy my stab not only wounded him but slain him in one shot with no chance of surviving. That's only because he is a Saint does not work on people that are normal like you for example.
Yumekichi11Dec 10, 2010 6:57 PM

Dec 10, 2010 7:01 PM

Feb 2010
stevewiess01 said:
Just like someone noticed it here, I think J.C. Staff is going low-budget with this series as the animation and drawing quality of this series has gone a pretty steep downhill... They are abusing too many cheap distant shots or face shots with :-| expression with the characters' mouth barely moving...

That's because they're doing four shows this season. This one, Bakuman, Milky Holmes, and Otome Youkai Zakuro. I feared this might have happened, taking on four shows at once the animation quality is gonna dip for some. JC really needs to get their priorities straight or at least don't be like SHAFT and take on several projects at once. Well MH and OYZ have 12-13 episodes so they should be ending soon. On the other hand, Bakuman is up for 25 episodes and who knows what JC Staff has for next season (I can't find a chart :O).

As for the episode, Oriana has more fight in her than I first expected (though there was one important of her character I was focusing on), Stiyl attaching explosives to the buses was pretty badass, Kamijou and Mikoto interactions (both with the children and parents) was full of win. Next episode looks rather bloody, eh Komoe sensei?
Dec 10, 2010 7:03 PM

Apr 2010
Yumekichi11 said:
orangehouse said:
The breasts I tell you! The breasts, which brings me back to Mikoto WTF is the thing her breasts are not as developed? They should be genetically.
mystik said:
They explained it that it can slay a Saint in shot. In other words I stab you and you just have a wound, I stab your friend who is a holy priest, because he is holy my stab not only wounded him but slain him in one shot with no chance of surviving. That's only because he is a Saint does not work on people that are normal like you for example.
That a woman has large breasts doesn't mean her daughter does as well.
Also Misaka is a 2nd year middle schooler if i am not mistaken which would make her 13-14 years old meaning that her body isn't fully developed yet.
Dec 10, 2010 7:12 PM

Nov 2010
Wow so that is how there starting the preview. Showing Seiri's massive Tats. OK that is cool.
Dec 10, 2010 7:14 PM

Oct 2010
Aversa said:
Also Misaka is a 2nd year middle schooler if i am not mistaken which would make her 13-14 years old meaning that her body isn't fully developed yet.
Well I wondered about that and it came to me that to suddenly have her develop might make people not like her as much as to what she looks like. My bad though she may suddenly peak develop and that's true but some people might not appreciate that.

Dec 10, 2010 8:11 PM

Jan 2010
*punches Oriana*
*her shirt finally bursts*
OHHHH LOL. I was wondering when that'd happen (if ever). LOL
Dec 10, 2010 8:13 PM
Dec 2007
TheMetalOverlord said:
stevewiess01 said:

That's because they're doing four shows this season. This one, Bakuman, Milky Holmes, and Otome Youkai Zakuro. I feared this might have happened, taking on four shows at once the animation quality is gonna dip for some. JC really needs to get their priorities straight or at least don't be like SHAFT and take on several projects at once. Well MH and OYZ have 12-13 episodes so they should be ending soon. On the other hand, Bakuman is up for 25 episodes and who knows what JC Staff has for next season (I can't find a chart :O).
I can't find the chart either but MAL only has 1 new show to replace the two shows shows that will end, I'm sure that will take some of the strain off. Even Otome Youkai Zakuro, which ussually had decent animation, had spotty scenes during the last few episodes so they are likely reaching their limits with the quarter's budget and are trying to save up for future episodes.

Dec 10, 2010 8:17 PM

Jun 2010
Aversa said:
Yumekichi11 said:
orangehouse said:
mystik said:

When it comes to anime, a 13-14 year old having an inflated chest has become the norm, more or less.
Dec 10, 2010 8:22 PM

Oct 2008
Yumekichi11 said:
mystik said:

But this episode the same people who originally said that it was a sword said that they made a mistake and that it is actually a cross. So I'm not sure if the saint one-stab kill is still 100% accurate, but that's not the main problem at hand. The power of it is, if planted in Academy City, then the headquarters of the scientific of the world would instantly come under control of the Roman Catholic Church.
Dec 10, 2010 8:49 PM
Dec 2007
Tyranid5 said:

But this episode the same people who originally said that it was a sword said that they made a mistake and that it is actually a cross. So I'm not sure if the saint one-stab kill is still 100% accurate, but that's not the main problem at hand. The power of it is, if planted in Academy City, then the headquarters of the scientific of the world would instantly come under control of the Roman Catholic Church.
Actually, they said the Stab Sword never existed at all and was just myths and stories that were created over the year. The thing they were passing off as the "Stab Sword" is actually the "Cross of Peter". So we passed from magicians potentially gaining a one-shot-kill weapon to the Roman Catholics ONCE AGAIN wanting to disrupt the balance of power by forcefully declaring Academy City and it's technology theirs.

Dec 10, 2010 8:56 PM

Oct 2010
nice episode ^_^

touma can now unbutton clothes with his punch

also, I'm liking the Short Hands, can't wait for a rematch between them
"Isn't life, by nature, a contest decided by a single round? However trifling the matter, it's not possible to return to the last save point by pushing some reset button." - Kazuki Hoshino, Hakomari, Vol. 1
Dec 10, 2010 8:57 PM
Mar 2010
I liked how it ended with Mikoto's tsun after a Falcon Punch that bursts open clothings. Although I actually liked the ending better than the rest of the episode :3
Oh, and is Touma a dumbass? Just FUCKING USE YOUR RIGHT HAND before talking, shouting, or staring at boobs!
Dec 10, 2010 9:16 PM
Aug 2009
I want Toumas magical punch a womens shirt off technique.
Dec 10, 2010 9:27 PM
Nov 2010
Really good episode. There lots of good scenes:

1. Oriana being a bitch, "wet under there" WTF?!?! Wanna peek? lol
2. Oriana has lots of spells. Wow! She's really cool.
3. Oriana's railway being shown as the scene's frame while she was unconscious. I lol'd at this one hardcoar.
4. Mikoto meets Touma's parents.
5. Mikoto vs Index (part 3?)
6. Touma meets Mikoto's Mother.
7. Next episode preview is... WTF BLOODY MOE?!?

And more... :3

I want the next episode as soon as possible D:
Dec 10, 2010 9:33 PM

Jan 2008
How many more girls is Touma gonna punch? xp
If he ever punches Kuroko that would be epic.

Dec 10, 2010 9:48 PM

Mar 2010
For a season 2 episode of one of my most favorite anime ever, this episode was pretty lame. All around, nothing really happened to develope plot, character, or even setting. I didn't mind the whole lack of content aspect, however, could have done way better! Were only in the first 10 episodes, so I know we have a long way to go. Just don't mess it up too early! (-_^) The preview looked exquisite! Komoe was covered in blood! (O_O) Komoe rules! Looking forward to the next!
Dec 10, 2010 11:22 PM

May 2010
Oriana rocks not only she got a nice body and face but she kick ass, i like to see if she could match up with kanzaki that could be an awesome girl fight in to aru majutsu no index !! ^_^

Dec 10, 2010 11:56 PM

Oct 2007
well that was a fun action packed ep, waiting for next ep now
Dec 11, 2010 1:51 AM

Jul 2009
'Oh no, I can't dispel Tsuchimikado by touching him and therefore I need to attack her and break the spell card asap instead, to end his pain.
But first let's have a really long needles twat speech to make me look cooler^^'

Also I really would like to see how you're supposed to crucify someone on that cross, unless it's a midget or a baby.
And I guess they missed the part where supposedly the apostle Peter was crucified upside down..

Really the only good part was when the parents met and that scene was all too short.
Dec 11, 2010 3:00 AM

Mar 2009
Wired ep! why he
thehehe :D

btw misaka's
is pretty hot!
Dec 11, 2010 3:16 AM
Dec 2007
EternalDreamer said:

Also I really would like to see how you're supposed to crucify someone on that cross, unless it's a midget or a baby.
And I guess they missed the part where supposedly the apostle Peter was crucified upside down..
It's not literally the cross where he was crucified. It's a relic representing it, pretty much. In this case it's "blessings" confer the Roman Catholic Church the power to demand whichever land the cross happens to be stuck in.

Dec 11, 2010 3:33 AM

Feb 2010
ok ep with some funny moments.
Dec 11, 2010 3:53 AM

Oct 2010
I like how Touma can just keep punching women without holding back. I don't see many protagonists do that.

Also.
tinman21 said:

Doctor.... YOU TOO???
Dec 11, 2010 4:09 AM

Nov 2008
tinman21 said:
pffft, I shouldn't have been eating during this part..

LOL, yeah, I loled with that xD

Great episode, the fight with many magic variations was good and with Touma´s final punch. Great meeting between Mikoto and Index. The scene when Misaka meet Touma´s parents was great, too.
Dec 11, 2010 4:33 AM

May 2009
Haha, a cute little index punch there :D (falcon punch!)

And yeah, we all knew she was Misaka's Haha from the beginning right :) This episode was filled with milfs lol
Dec 11, 2010 5:53 AM

Dec 2007
Touma loves to punch girls D:
Dec 11, 2010 6:37 AM

May 2008
no one is going to go HAHA?! yea thats lame =/ but i still find it funny when touma said it

Awesome Sig by Lailide
Pages (3) [1] 2 3 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Toaru Majutsu no Index II Episode 24 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Aezile - Apr 1, 2011

237 by whitebeartigtig »»
May 27, 6:39 AM

Poll: » Speculations for Ep. 23 ( 1 2 )

Aezile - Mar 18, 2011

54 by whitebeartigtig »»
May 27, 6:00 AM

Poll: » Toaru Majutsu no Index II Episode 22 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Aezile - Mar 11, 2011

175 by whitebeartigtig »»
May 27, 5:19 AM

Poll: » Toaru Majutsu no Index II Episode 21 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Aezile - Mar 4, 2011

136 by whitebeartigtig »»
May 27, 4:52 AM

Poll: » Toaru Majutsu no Index II Episode 20 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Aezile - Feb 25, 2011

139 by whitebeartigtig »»
May 26, 3:16 PM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.