Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Re:ZERO -Starting Life in Another World- (light novel)
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (4) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »
Oct 23, 7:04 AM

Nov 2011
Damn, Mimi going through some rough shit this season.

On another note, glad to see Crusch back again. She bought her charisma with her too and generally remains the same character as I had remembered. Crazy how much this escalated and even a dragon descended into town.
Oct 23, 7:05 AM

May 2020
Yeah, Garfiel is having the toughest time of his life, both emotionally and physically, I mean just the last episode he had that shocking discovery about his mother and now thanks to the witch cult, even that last person he was kind of emotionally invested in, has seen the worst of this arc. Though yeah, such is this series, and I mean this is still not the actual “worst” we’ve seen yet, this is still pretty much moderate. Though I have to say, I’m kinda glad to see how these characters have “tried” to remain rational despite everything that happened before Capella appeared and yeah, after Capella appeared.

That voice irks me tbh, but hey, what’s even more frustrating or must have been annoying for these people who were just as ready to go all out as someone could is that dragon who they thought was Capella didn’t somehow turn out to be her, and yeah moreover, Roy appeared. Must be one hell of a trauma train for Subaru.. I mean not must be, IT WAS. When you already have plenty of things to deal with, you just don’t wanna deal with a trauma, you actually were never able to put aside. Damn, but hey who cares about all of this, when your name is Regulus xD Probably the most tame episode yet btw.. standards of this series.

Dec 2021
Subaru boutta fuck shit up next episode, hell yeah.

May 2020
Julius asking Subaru what to do next makes so much sense
because to others, it seems like Subaru makes all these complex plans (like taking down archbishops and taking down the white whale) and seems to do everything right and perfectly the first time around
so no wonder everyone around him trusts him so much

Some LN Extra Details (Volume 17 Chapter 3.3 & 4.5-5.4 )
- Garfiel is thinking on what kind of person Galek as. Do he think of him as the hateful man who stole his mother away or see him as the great benefactor who saved his mother’s life? Whatever it is, he did not want his mom and step-sibling to experience same thing as him if they lost Galek.
- Mimi plead to retreat since those two danger level seems equal or greater than the Bowel Hunter, but Garfield refused due to his pride after losing to Reinhardt without a fight before.
- Garfiel tried to heal wounded Mimi after she was slashed, but the wound would not close and he panicked.
- Anastasia is mad because she felt responsible for calling all candidates here and this happens
- Mimi, Hetaro and TB has blessings of thirds, where those three will share wounds and fatigues that one of them takes.
- Wilhelm said the wound would not close, probably due to blessing of grim reaper and the wound on him arm is bleeding again.
- Subaru's leg wound is actually worse in LN and he is struggling to move. Since he still decided to go, Ferris had to put a magic that removed the sense of pain, but he warned Subaru that he might risks losing his leg if he overworked it too much.
- Wilhelm mentioned that he had once battled against three headed Bargren the Black Dragon around 4 decades ago. That is how he first experienced fighting a dragon

Differences from LN
- Subaru is the one thanking Garfiel for bringing her to them
- The discussion has been re-arranged a bit, so some discussion which should be in previous episode is brought in this one instead.
- The discussion on who's going to retake the city hall and Al leaving the party is done before they start moving to the city hall
Homura24Oct 23, 9:43 AM

Oct 23, 7:20 AM
Nov 2020
Damn I'm getting more hopeful for arc 6 adaptation now. If they can manage a action arc this good I'm quite sure they can also nail arc 6
Oct 23, 7:35 AM
Jan 2021
10/10 like always. Love what Tappei does with Garfiel's character. He's already better written than most Battle Shounen Protagonists like Asta, Tanjiro, Shinra or Rin.

Great to see Subaru's major growth. His ability to prioritise important things rather than acting and deciding emotionally alongside his new leadership capabilities are amazing to see
AshTheChampOct 23, 8:25 AM
Oct 23, 7:46 AM
Jul 2015
Reply to Mdraj6996
Damn I'm getting more hopeful for arc 6 adaptation now. If they can manage a action arc this good I'm quite sure they can also nail arc 6
@Mdraj6996 All they need to do is taking their time slowly for healthy production. Season 2 should've been amazing but damn....

Capella dragon was satisfying to watch, hopefully it also turns out great next ep. Another week waiting jesus christ

Oct 23, 7:58 AM
Aug 2018
Just amazing. I am blown away at this adaptation rn
Oct 23, 8:03 AM

May 2023
Every episode of this season has been great, maybe not just great but PEAKKK. After seeing Mimi having fun and her cute behavior, we immediately see our Mimi seriously injured. Garfiel feels he is very guilty but that's okay Garf, because you Mimi can return safely, Garf has made the very right decision to immediately retreat and fix things back and go to fight to avenge what the cultists have done.

Subaru seems to get an important role again considering he has become a hero who has been the deciding factor in the defeat of Archbishop Beetelgeus and the White Whale. The Witch's bones are the goal of the Arcbishops but like what Kiritaka said that the bones cannot be physically moved, Aldebaran mentioned that Typhon was drowned in the flood, I wonder why he could know that huh. Crusch is back in action again after her memory loss incident, Crusch looks very beautiful this episode.

CAPELLA EMERADA LUGUNICA-CHAN SAMA IS EQUALLY COOL AND BREEDABLE EVEN IN HER DRAGON FORM. she is my favorite of all the Archbishops especially with the fact that she is voiced by Yuuki Aoi it shows even more that she is a very perfect character, I got a flashback with Tanya's character omg. Subaru really thought hard to get Capella's attention to make a big stage for Julius, a lot of very cool animations during the scene with Julius, I really like the Impact Frame omg it's very cool. Kadokawa really gave time for White Fox to cook this season, just look at Capella's Dragon Form which is very badass, not made with CGI but directly drawn in 2D, even the scene that Capella Dragon Form regenerates is very detailed and brutal, I am very impressed, absolute cinema.

Subaru is very gentlemanly he is really a person who has a high regard for women, just look at him carrying Crusch bravely and jumping with superhero landing I guess lmao. It turns out that the Archbishop, the Glutton, is not just one because in episode 3 Lye once said that "We" which means there are others besides Lye as the Gluttony, namely Roy Alphard. Subaru with his trauma and vengeful anger wanted to kill Roy directly, but it seems that Roy doesn't remember what could have caused Subaru to be angry with him, The Gluttony ate too many people's names that he couldn't remember much of anything. But who is Rem?

Emilia wakes up in a place that is unfamiliar to her and naked?! what's wrong with this Regulus Corny Ass asks if Emilia is a virgin or not, but unfortunately Emilia already has a child with Subaru named Beatrice, kashira. I can't wait to see how this arc continues, see you next week.

NezuSwallowtail_Oct 23, 10:26 AM
Oct 23, 8:05 AM

Nov 2016
Currently the most exciting anime for sure.

One Piece episode 914 & 915 & 1027 were a mistake and 957 brought the salvation - FMmatron

Oct 23, 8:12 AM
Oct 2024
Reply to Mdraj6996
@Mdraj6996 Aparently this wasn't even a priority episode. The episodes to come should be even better
Oct 23, 8:13 AM
Jul 2015
I hope people realize how much Subaru has grown till now. He's so calm right?

Oct 23, 8:16 AM

Jul 2011
Mimi extremely hurt because Garf did the "Naruto run".

This was extremely worrying, 2 Witch Cult members that can hold very well against being double teamed by what suppose to be the candidate's main guards. And still have the Sin archbishops to fight.
Oct 23, 8:19 AM

Feb 2016
We have more action, and more happy I am. Poor Garfiel. Don't let the ghosts get into you, bud. YOU'RE STRONG. Crusch worrying about Subaru's leg... Ahhh, that was cute. Dragon without CGI? Nah, that's massive. White Fox is nailing it. Another banger episode from Re:Zero. Last scene caught me off guard. Regulus, you MADAZAKA.
SEE YOU NEXT WEEK. FUCK IT WILL BE A LONG ONE.
Oct 23, 8:22 AM
Absolute Zenith

Mar 2016
We're seeing so much hardship being put onto Garfiel right now, it's as if we're seeing his coming-of-age story, on the other hand, we see Subaru who has gone through countless trials show his progress with how composed he is at tackling all these chaotic elements as well as navigating the world of bureaucracy and delegate the varying tasks at hand with his allies, something that he has only begun doing in the 2nd part of the last season.

Nevertheless, even with all the character development Subaru has undergone, he is still OUR SUBARU. That part when he held back Garfiel from going furious and scolding Capella for her sloppiness by tarnishing Subaru's positive image of dragons was badass! He not only expressed HIS dissatisfaction over his enemy's presentation, insulting her despite her position as an archbishop all the while doing so as a form of diversion so Julius could land a blow over her. To be in such a character yet executing such a pivotal task is by no means a fluke, it is just a reckless strategy, this... Ladies and Gentlemen is ABSOLUTELY GOATED!!! This whole scene reminds me of when Megamind babbled to Titan about what it means to be a supervillain... PRESENTATION.
ShadowkillZOct 23, 8:31 AM
Oct 23, 8:25 AM
Level 6 esper

May 2021
Bro this cliffhanger :S Good episode again.
“Do what feels right in your heart. You will be criticized either way.” (Eleanor Roosevelt)
Oct 23, 8:27 AM

May 2016
Why are all villains so weird?
Oct 23, 8:28 AM
Dec 2022
Garf really feels like the main character this season(development wise). It seems the story has been putting him into focus lately, and it's honestly great.
Oct 23, 8:29 AM
Oct 2024
We need to take Regulus out ASAP!!
Oct 23, 8:36 AM

Jun 2009
I'm extremely confused about Capella's only demand over the metia... Does this mean that they cut out

Can somebody familiar with LN clarify that?..

Never saw no miracle of science, that didn't go from a blessing to a curse
Never saw no military solution, that didn't end up as something worse
Oct 23, 8:37 AM
Feb 2022
Turn_A_Blum said:

because they are written and depicted to be insane and mad
Oct 23, 8:38 AM
Oct 2023
Just too much pissed and wanna know is regulus the one who removed Emilia's clothes can anyone tell me
Oct 23, 8:39 AM
Shingster

Jun 2015
Damm the city guards didn't stand a chance. The vice captain is a disgrace to the Astrea name though. The two that Mimi and Garf faced sure were powerful foes. Ironic that the metia that once provided joy to the city now fuels their fear instead. The assault on the gov office sure provided some excellent action for this ep. But if anything this made the situation far worst thanks to the dragon and Roy's entrance.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Oct 23, 8:42 AM
Feb 2022
DemonkingAK said:
Just too much pissed and wanna know is regulus the one who removed Emilia's clothes can anyone tell me

might be, at the end he did ask Emilia is she's a virgin. so he might've done something to her while she was asleep.
Oct 23, 8:42 AM

Jan 2018
No OP in this episode. No matter. I just watched it on YouTube before fully starting the episode... The ED was there tho. And I still can't get over how GOOD it is. Most anime don't even have an OP that's as good as Re:Zero's 5th ED.

Anyway, this was another banger episode. There's so much to talk about. The highlight again was Garfiel. He is shaping up to be one of the best characters in the anime. Most series' would just abandon this antagonist-turned-ally type of character after they become buddies with the protagonist. I really like how that didn't happen with Garfiel. I really love Garfiel's relationship with Subaru too.

The other highlight of this episode was that goofy ahh dragon. Aoi Yuki killed it voicing Capella. I really wonder how dub voice actors can even compare to the Japanese voices of Sirius and Capella lol. They're just on a different level. The animation is also clean af. No complaints there. I am so glad the dragon isn't CGI. It looks so freaking good. It's a far cry from Tappei's other anime of 2024... Don't look up Suicide Squad Isekai episode 5 which also had a non-CGI dragon. The difference is insane.

Crusch was also very cute in this episode. I love how Subaru almost rizzed her up lol. If only his leg wound didn't exist.

And that post-credits scene tho...

This episode was...
0451Oct 23, 10:35 AM
Oct 23, 8:43 AM

Feb 2013
Not bad so far, excited to see What Subaru can do post training without Beatrice. He's definitely doing some "Belmonting" with that Whip of his.

I'm curious which witch is beneath the city, I'd assume it's either Lust, Wrath or Gluttony.

Can't be Greed cause of S2, and They say it's not Envy.

So far my main guess is it'll be Wrath for now.
But that mention of there being more of the archbishops then we've already seen makes me wonder if maybe it's not the 3 I'm suspecting. Tho I suspect this is mostly a POV for the cast, since we the Viewers knew at that point there's at least 4 Archbishops here atm.

EDIT: I am aware now of the Al line, I missed it on the initial watch ( ´∀`)b
Lightshade49Oct 23, 9:45 AM
Argue? Nah Too lazy For That...
Are You Ready!~Gulcasa
Oct 23, 8:44 AM
Jul 2015
Reply to DemonkingAK
@DemonkingAK Why could he question her about her virginity if he already took it? You have your answer

Oct 23, 8:44 AM
Oct 2023
Htun__ said:
DemonkingAK said:

might be, at the end he did ask Emilia is she's a virgin. so he might've done something to her while she was asleep.

well I don't mind spoilers just tell me is he the one and did he do something to Emilia while she was sleeping
Oct 23, 8:46 AM
Oct 2023
DirtyOldGuy said:
@DemonkingAK Why could he question her about her virginity if he already took it? You have your answer

No well I know just asking is he the one who undress her or not
Oct 23, 8:46 AM

Feb 2020
Capella Emerada Lugunica-chan-sama!

Oct 23, 8:49 AM
Jul 2015
Anyone noticed Crusch and Anastasia reaction when Julius asking Subaru's choice at the meeting? They obviously sweat worrying that he is going to leave for Emilia rescue lol

Oct 23, 8:50 AM
Feb 2022
DirtyOldGuy said:

no no i didn't mean that when i said he might've done something while she was asleep. I meant what if he was about to do something, but he had to ask the question beforehand or he wanted to know if she's worthy to his standards or something. I just took a guess. we'll have to wait for next episode.
Oct 23, 8:50 AM
Jul 2015
Reply to DemonkingAK
DirtyOldGuy said:

No well I know just asking is he the one who undress her or not
@DemonkingAK

Oct 23, 8:51 AM
Jan 2022
Crusch is so cute man
Oct 23, 8:52 AM
Oct 2023
DirtyOldGuy said:
@DemonkingAK

Thanks man I just can't rest my brain after the cliffhanger
Oct 23, 8:57 AM

Oct 2020
The Post Credit scene. No wonder this is my least favourite arc of Re:Zero, apart from arc 1. By that I don't mean it's too bad, but after arc 4 this was a let down in many ways.
Anyway, The adaptation is going Good just as the previous eps. This was more of a Progressive ep, things are slowly in progress, everyone trying to figure out a strategy to tackle the witch cult. Garfiel still having Nightmares of Elsa, even in broad daylight.
Al seems like he knows something about the sin Archbishops. Also he split up from the group to look fr priscillia, that's interesting.
I realised this is my least favourite Ending song as well. The opening 2nd from bottom.
It might feel like I'm hating on it but actually no. I like this arc for what it is.
WISHED I COULD ALSO GET TRANSPORTED TO A WORLD FULL OF MAGIC And DUNGEONS, please take me there too if you could (⁠ ⁠◜⁠‿⁠◝⁠ ⁠)⁠
Oct 23, 8:57 AM
Jan 2023
Buena adaptacion , se nota el cariño que le pusieron a este cap. Las peleas, typhon , garfiel, y demás
Oct 23, 8:58 AM

Oct 2020
oh hell nah what is that post credit scene

It's useless! From here on, the path is only a One-way road!
Just put your tail between your legs and get your ass back where you came from! - Accelerator

Oct 23, 9:01 AM
Feb 2019
Reply to AlexTrusk
I'm extremely confused about Capella's only demand over the metia... Does this mean that they cut out

Can somebody familiar with LN clarify that?..
@AlexTrusk that is after the mission to retake the metia
Oct 23, 9:03 AM

Mar 2020
Surrounded by Sin Archbishops, how will our heroes push through this?

Pretty tame episode for Re:Zero standards, more of a setup episode, though seeing Garfiel's struggles was quite rough to watch. He's gone through a lot, seeing his mother again and all the emotions that came from that, and now Mimi, someone he cares about a lot, is greatly wounded. Props to him for continuing to battle through the pain. As for the rest of the episode, I was actually decently impressed by the fight scenes, and the production quality seemed to have improved from previous seasons. In times past, Subaru probably would have been freaking out, but he's much calmer these days, and he might actually be able to fight effectively alongside his comrades, which is some good development for him. Next episode should be quite insane.
Oct 23, 9:04 AM
Jun 2016
Lightshade49 said:
Not bad so far, excited to see What Subaru can do post training without Beatrice. He's definitely doing some "Belmonting" with that Whip of his.

I'm curious which witch is beneath the city, I'd assume it's either Lust, Wrath or Gluttony.

But that mention of there being more of the archbishops then we've already seen makes me wonder if maybe it's not the 3 I'm suspecting. Tho I suspect this is mostly a POV for the cast, since we the Viewers knew at that point there's at least 4 Archbishops here atm.

I’m assuming the witch is Typhon since Al directly mentioned that Typhon had drowned. Plus it was only for a second but I’m almost positive I saw a flower crown on the witch’s remains
Oct 23, 9:04 AM
Aug 2018
Reply to Lightshade49

EDIT: I am aware now of the Al line, I missed it on the initial watch ( ´∀`)b
@Lightshade49 they did mention which witch in this episode, Al talks about it in the meeting during the start.
Oct 23, 9:07 AM

Apr 2023
Post credits on some Diddler shit, hope Regulus didn't do none.

Oct 23, 9:11 AM

May 2015
A dragon? Quickly we need some dragonborn
"The future is always blank. Only your willpower can leave footsteps there."

"Ruling over death means ruling over life. Death is the climax of life. To have the best death, you must honor life."
Oct 23, 9:14 AM

Feb 2013
@Pulkit200 @KGlock18 Unless my subs are off the only mention of specifically which witch they say is just that its NOT the Witch of Envy. Then going on about the word of mouth of where the remains would be.

I might go back to review S2 cause iirc the Witches did state some of their Deaths.

Are You Ready!~Gulcasa
Oct 23, 9:18 AM

Jan 2019
Reply to Turn_A_Blum
@Turn_A_Blum Because they are cult members who possess Witch Factors?
G.O.A.T Twitter Account: https://x.com/Okeanix1
Oct 23, 9:19 AM
Aug 2018
Reply to Lightshade49
@Pulkit200 @KGlock18 Unless my subs are off the only mention of specifically which witch they say is just that its NOT the Witch of Envy. Then going on about the word of mouth of where the remains would be.

I might go back to review S2 cause iirc the Witches did state some of their Deaths.

@Lightshade49 go around 7:12 in todays episode, AL mentions Typhon directly by name.
Oct 23, 9:19 AM
Jul 2021
Rem.... I miss you REM!!!
Oct 23, 9:23 AM

Mar 2024
time goes fast when I'm watching season3 of re:zero they need longer eps and tf is greed up to, that filthy monkey trying to take subarus girl like that
Oct 23, 9:26 AM

Feb 2013
Reply to Pulkit200
@Lightshade49 go around 7:12 in todays episode, AL mentions Typhon directly by name.
@Pulkit200 ahhhh, ok I somehow missed that.

Doesn't help the subs make that line go by so fast.

If it's the Witch of Pride, it's now it's got me wondering about that Archbishop cause I believe Petelgeuse Mentioned back in S1 that there wasn't a current Archbishop of Pride, or at the very least not one that he was aware of. Having at first mistaking Subaru for them.
Are You Ready!~Gulcasa
Pages (4) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Re:Zero kara Hajimeru Isekai Seikatsu 3rd Season Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

MegamiRem - Aug 6

523 by ionelHeredia »»
2 hours ago

» I'm lost

RealityChanges - Yesterday

15 by DGemu »»
3 hours ago

» What truly makes it masterpiece and what made you fall in love with it?

ishowcunny - Oct 26

31 by Youre_boyIruma »»
3 hours ago

Poll: » Re:Zero kara Hajimeru Isekai Seikatsu 3rd Season Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Softhenic03 - Oct 16

194 by KevinnS »»
3 hours ago

» The show's writing frustrates me sometimes

certifiedbinger - Oct 26

44 by Confused_100 »»
Yesterday, 12:26 PM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.