Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
Aug 2, 9:00 AM
Jul 2018
man how do you guys cope with people hating on this masterpiece??? like every where i go, i see people hating on this peak for no reason!! i, myself is a narutard and my blood boils when i see people hating on my fav anime!! but don't have any ways to cope with it :(

can you guys please share some tips and tricks on how to cope from people like this? will appreciate it
Pages (2) [1] 2 »
Aug 2, 9:15 AM
Jun 2023
I just don’t care enough. Everyone is subjected to their own opinions and art is all in the eye of the beholder.
Aug 2, 9:20 AM
Jan 2023
based_reviewer said:
man how do you guys cope with people hating on this masterpiece??? like every where i go, i see people hating on this peak for no reason!! i, myself is a narutard and my blood boils when i see people hating on my fav anime!! but don't have any ways to cope with it :(

can you guys please share some tips and tricks on how to cope from people like this? will appreciate it

for me it was everyday occurrence but I completely ignored and after some time nobody cares what I watch and neither I care what they thought.
Aug 2, 9:26 AM

May 2024
Bro called Naruto a masterpiece😭
Aug 2, 9:40 AM
Mar 2020
SimplyBrazen said:

all the normies do
Aug 2, 10:06 AM
Aug 2020
based_reviewer said:

I don't know, maybe just... grow up? Just ignore them? Not that complicated
Aug 2, 10:14 AM
Jan 2022
Theanimeman9 said:
SimplyBrazen said:

all the normies do

no way you unironically used the word "normies"...
Aug 2, 10:16 AM
Jul 2018
Reply to Ghost_Davo
Theanimeman9 said:
SimplyBrazen said:

all the normies do

no way you unironically used the word "normies"...
@Ghost_Davo ignore the hater, fam. the guy is an isekai enjoyer
Aug 2, 10:20 AM
Jan 2022
you have to just ignore it or even better avoid environments that insult/trigger you.
I myself got triggered quite often on tiktok when people hated on naruto for views by misunderstanding things without context or just straight up lied about certain plot points. But what's the point in getting mad about it, we can't change what others say or think. So i clicked on "not interested" on all anime related vids and now I'm free
Aug 2, 10:34 AM

Jul 2015
I don't care about wrong opinions.

Aug 2, 10:45 AM
Aug 2022
narutard... strange term that I've just learnt and will probably use in the future 🤔
Aug 2, 10:53 AM
Aug 2023
Everyone has their own opinion on what anime’s they like and dislike. You shouldn’t be bothered by what others think. As far as Naruto goes. I wouldn’t call it a masterpiece. You calling it a masterpiece in a forum is a recipe for hate to fall on you. If you want Naruto as a masterpiece just rate it as a masterpiece for yourself and move on.
Aug 2, 11:58 AM
Aug 2023
Naruto is definitely not an masterpiece for me, If you think it's good enough to be called a masterpiece than good for you
Aug 2, 12:12 PM
Rurouni

Sep 2020
I’ve been a fan of Naruto since I watched in 2008/2009, but I have watched enough anime since to not consider it a masterpiece, but I don’t give a fuck about other people’s opinions on my shows, just like people shouldn’t give a fuck on my opinions on theirs.
Aug 2, 12:45 PM
Jul 2016
based_reviewer said:
@Ghost_Davo ignore the hater, fam. the guy is an isekai enjoyer

You should do this exact same thing. You answered your own question. Just ignore the haters.
Aug 2, 2:18 PM
Jun 2021
I like Naruto but I wouldn’t call it a masterpiece. I don’t hate on it but I criticize it and I do think there are a lot of valid complaints that people have. If you can look past all of its flaws and still think it’s a masterpiece then good for you man.
Aug 2, 3:55 PM
Jun 2013
I really don't give a sh*t about that. Naruto may not be the best anime of all time, but it will always be my favorite overall, and I've seen a LOT of anime.
Aug 2, 4:14 PM

Feb 2013
I mean Naruto has its place in shounen history no doubt. It has really good points in the story. I just don't see at as a masterpiece anymore having read bigger and better series. To this day, Naruto ended with the manga and thats the reality. All good things must end.
Aug 2, 4:26 PM
Jan 2022
I. Wouldn’t care too much about what the anime fandom thinks.Sure it’s annoying but those people are npcs irl and their opinion don’t matter.All that matters is what YOU enjoy
Aug 2, 5:58 PM
Apr 2024
naruto is peak ( I can barely remember anything )
naruto is mostly hated on by one piece fans but naruto is way more iconic and also the face of anime. not condom boy luffy
Aug 2, 6:04 PM

Aug 2020
based_reviewer said:

I'm a naruto fan, but I don't think its a masterpiece nor the best show that I've seen. I admit there are flaws in the show and get the criticisms that it gets. But overall I just end up looking at ppl’s profiles and trash on their scores for anime that are worse than the anime they're trashing on.
Aug 2, 7:01 PM
Oct 2022
It is an absolute masterpiece.... and its the same for me ..... i particularly remember someone calling shippudeb as shitpuden😢😢
Aug 2, 7:30 PM
Aug 2021
People hate on everything. I personally don't really like Naruto, so of course if anyone asks me anything about it, I'm going to be pretty negative. But people also hate on literally everything ever, especially a lot of popular anime. One Piece, Bleach, Dragon Ball, and pretty much every other major battle shounen all receive a fair amount of hate as well. If something's popular and a lot of people like it, then it's going to relieve the attention of people who are going to watch or read it and end up realizing that they don't like it.

Naruto is also a show watched by a lot of people who were little kids when they watched it and liked it then, but have grown up, rewatched it, and decided that they don't like it anymore. This isn't to say the Naruto's "only for kids" but people's tastes change over time, and when it's been decades since a lot of people have originally seen it, a lot of those same people are going to end up not liking it anymore due to their tastes changing.
Aug 2, 7:33 PM

Jun 2015
Ever tried "growing up"?
Aug 2, 8:36 PM
Jul 2018
Reply to phantom346
Ever tried "growing up"?
@phantom346 ik it's childish, but it feels sad when it keeps happening :(
this feeling is just inevitable
Aug 2, 9:07 PM

Jun 2015
Reply to removed-user
@phantom346 ik it's childish, but it feels sad when it keeps happening :(
this feeling is just inevitable
@based_reviewer Since you're not attacking me, I'll give you an answer. Watch other shows and join other fanbases. Eventually you'll lose yourself and be free. Check out the MAL top 50 and watch a couple u fancy.
Aug 2, 9:10 PM
Jul 2018
Reply to phantom346
@based_reviewer Since you're not attacking me, I'll give you an answer. Watch other shows and join other fanbases. Eventually you'll lose yourself and be free. Check out the MAL top 50 and watch a couple u fancy.
@phantom346 yes, i've watched mostly all popular ones and even some niche animes. but naruto is just so close to my heart man. i feel like, it's overhated just cuz its popular :(
Aug 2, 9:39 PM
May 2021
Hot tip: learn to separate what you like from what is good. None of my favorite anime are masterpieces, and none of the anime I'd call masterpieces are among my favorites. What you subjectively like and what is objectively (or, more accurately, deemed by consensus to be) well-written, well-animated, well-paced, or palatable are different things, and that's okay. Thinking this way, when people hate on what you like, it doesn't hurt, because you don't have to care whether what you like is good; you already like it.

It's worth noting that this isn't true for some people, who never deign to like something that isn't good. These people are invariably pretentious! I hate discussing anime with them, because they insist on butting heads if you don't like what they do, because they think their taste is objective.
Aug 3, 1:21 AM
Mar 2012
naruto could've been so much more.
still, it is an opus of its own.
Aug 3, 2:48 AM
Jan 2022
well we just don't care coz some stupid ppls really don't know what a masterpiece is...
Aug 3, 2:51 AM

Jan 2009
dont care just focus on how sexy tsunade is
Aug 3, 2:53 AM

Jan 2018
nothing last forever but boruto killed naruto intentionally to appeal to masses.
Aug 3, 3:18 AM
Nov 2021
i just don’t care lol, everyone is entitled to their opinion but some opinions are better than others
Aug 3, 3:55 AM
Jan 2023
trash war arc, wasted side characters, sloppy world building and repititive antagonists
Aug 3, 6:13 AM
May 2021
Tune out the haters bro
Aug 3, 6:13 AM
Jan 2022
Naruto is a classic example of a toxic relationship with an anime. I never thought it was possible. You have to endure 10 -20 bad/ mediocre episodes in order to enjoy 2-3 great ep. It's a circle of misery.

Overall Naruto has a great concept. It has depths. The creator could have built a skyscraper, instead he built a twenty storage building and called it a day. The truth is the creator sold his fans out. The derision is justified.
Aug 3, 7:35 AM
Jan 2023
based_reviewer said:
@phantom346 yes, i've watched mostly all popular ones and even some niche animes. but naruto is just so close to my heart man. i feel like, it's overhated just cuz its popular :(

It is definitely overhated but some of the people who hate Naruto are the kind of people of think dragon Ball z is a masterpiece. There are some people who are seinen fans and they just hate all shounen for no reason. Some of them have watched a lot of anime and they feel like Naruto is not that good when they rewatch it. I am new to anime (started about 3 years ago) and I have watched Naruto recently (less than a year ago) but I have watched a lot of variety of shows. I think that Naruto have some good points and some bad points. The overall show was good but the bad points ruin it when you think about it. At first I didn't realised it later I did. Bad points like bad written female characters (hinata and sakura), Naruto and Hinata's love that doesn't make sense etc. But it definitely doesn't deserve this much hate. I watched Tokyo Revengers before Naruto and I probably liked it at the time but if I think about it now then it is garbage. The idea that what you watch first is what you think is right or better isn't always true. The hate also comes due to the fandom (well all anime fandoms kinda weird). For example the Dragon Ball z fans hate every other anime and say that DBZ is the best anime of all time even though it has bad writing, almost no real plot, lots of non-sense etc. All they care about is fighting and "can he beat Goku tho?". If not for fandom people would definitely think that DBZ is average anime but now a lot people hate it. The Naruto fandom, if not worse, then also is definitely bad. They also also think that Naruto is the best anime.
Aug 3, 9:27 AM
Mar 2021
based_reviewer said:

Hmmm, i would have told you some tips, if u were posting this from your main acc.
Aug 3, 11:44 AM

Jan 2020
Naruto is one of my faves, but it’s not a masterpiece like FMAB. Plus Boruto (and the end to the 4th great Ninja War) crapped on Naruto’s legacy
Aug 3, 11:46 AM
Jul 2024
It was mid. Djdhjdjcj
Aug 3, 5:02 PM
Jan 2024
Ignore them!! It’s a masterpiece. Believe it!
Aug 3, 5:24 PM
Nov 2020
I really like the show and how cope with the complaints is recognizing that Naruto isn't perfect and has flaws yet ya love the show in spite of those flaws
Aug 3, 6:00 PM

Aug 2016
Normalite said:
narutard... strange term that I've just learnt and will probably use in the future 🤔

honestly I haven't heard this term in like 10 years, used to be a really common insult though lol
Aug 3, 6:20 PM

Dec 2018
I like part 1 of Naruto and thought it had pretty good story arcs until they got to that long stretch of fillers near the end of the series. Shippuden also started out strong but ended up going downhill somewhere after the end of the Pain invasion arc.
The weak points of both series are the filler episodes and the handling of female characters and also the side characters of the konoha 12 that isn't Shikamaru.
And also the ending of Shippuden and the Boruto era anime lol.

Aug 3, 8:25 PM
Jan 2024
i think they just hate the fillers ❓
Aug 4, 12:47 AM
Feb 2024
removed-user said:

What I started doing to cope with this kind of stuff is separating my love for a series from the more objective quality standards in storytelling and writing. I adore Naruto, but do I think Kaguya was a great villain? Hell no. It doesn't make me love the whole world and story any less. Writers screw up all the time, too often for me to be hating on something just because I disagreed with one or two weird decisions along the way. It's always okay to absolutely adore imperfect stories and what makes something a masterpiece imo is the impact it had on the world, which to me is different than the popularity and numbers it achieves.
Aug 4, 12:53 AM
Jul 2024
Theanimeman9 said:
SimplyBrazen said:

all the normies do

Who tf still says normie in the big 2024??😭😭
Aug 4, 2:13 AM
Mar 2020
b2crashy78 said:
Theanimeman9 said:

all the normies do

Who tf still says normie in the big 2024??😭😭

what else would you call someone who says Naruto is a masterpiece?
Aug 4, 5:47 AM
Jun 2024
Naruto was like my 3rd anime, so It holds a place in my heart, but really, and truly, people slander all shows for any reason. once you are able to understand that, then you don't get offended.
Aug 4, 6:57 AM
Dec 2023
it's obvious you are young but here's a pro tip as you grow up you stop taking anime that seriously or the opinion of others seriously.

hope you grow up soon
Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Naruto: Shippuuden Episode 456 Discussion

Stark700 - Apr 14, 2016

39 by Narapana »»
Yesterday, 4:11 PM

» When did you finish watching Shippuden? ( 1 2 3 )

SupremeGod - Jul 16

148 by JohnnyDarko »»
Aug 17, 5:21 AM

Poll: » Naruto: Shippuuden Episode 194 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Koko-Bear - Jan 13, 2011

80 by NowThatsEpic »»
Aug 15, 6:29 PM

Poll: » Naruto: Shippuuden Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Xinil - Mar 1, 2007

57 by Mr_Moose_Knuckle »»
Aug 15, 1:09 AM

Poll: » Naruto: Shippuuden Episode 172 Discussion ( 1 2 )

smokes - Aug 5, 2010

62 by KoniginElle »»
Aug 14, 8:51 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.