Forum Settings
Forums

Ever stopped watching an anime bc you like it so much ?

New
May 8, 1:21 AM
Mar 2017
Like a long running/ many seasons anime
You enjoyed so much that you didn’t watch the last one or 2 seasons simply because you don’t want your journey to end with it ?

I do this with almost every anime I like that’s why I have so many sequels I have yet to watch lol
Pages (2) [1] 2 »
May 8, 1:27 AM

Feb 2020
Nah, I don't think I have ever done this. I'm just too curious to watch the next episode.
May 8, 1:28 AM

May 2021
One piece, I binged 1008 episodes and stopped watching because at that point, there was only like 20 more eps left for me to watch. So I stopped watching.

Others are shadow's house and eminence in the shadow, but thats because I read the LN/manga
May 8, 1:28 AM

Mar 2008
I wind up delaying watching last episodes sometimes ugh
May 8, 1:31 AM

Jul 2021
I only watch finished shows, so that I don't need to stop until the end.
May 8, 1:50 AM
Dec 2021
I used to do that but i realized its silly. 'Just finish it, the last few episodes/seasons are going to be great too' is what i thought to myself.

May 8, 1:56 AM

Mar 2013
Aria.

I refused to watch the last ovas because I didn't want it to end. That was before The Avvenire aired. I guess I should watch those, but right now I'm not in the mood for iyashikei.

The days have gone down in the West behind the hills into shadow.

May 8, 2:00 AM
Lewd Depresso

Jul 2008
I just end up re-watching series I liked a lot eventually...
May 8, 2:11 AM

Aug 2018
I love Gintama so much that I watched until the end of the Farewell Arc and then stopped.
May 8, 2:34 AM
Mar 2017
Reply to Zimmu
One piece, I binged 1008 episodes and stopped watching because at that point, there was only like 20 more eps left for me to watch. So I stopped watching.

Others are shadow's house and eminence in the shadow, but thats because I read the LN/manga
@Zimmu I told myself I’ll watch a 100 eps of one piece every year so that by the time it’s finished airing I still have many eps to enjoy

But I ended up watching 300+ eps in only 3 weeks of January this year lol
May 8, 2:45 AM

May 2021
Reply to Yonahim_Zz
@Zimmu I told myself I’ll watch a 100 eps of one piece every year so that by the time it’s finished airing I still have many eps to enjoy

But I ended up watching 300+ eps in only 3 weeks of January this year lol
@Yonahim_Zz
haha one piece is the type of shows that you can just watch without getting tired of and is addictive to watch
May 8, 2:57 AM
Mar 2017
Reply to Zimmu
@Yonahim_Zz
haha one piece is the type of shows that you can just watch without getting tired of and is addictive to watch
@Zimmu yessss it’s my favorite anime for 18 years now
May 8, 3:16 AM
Sep 2017
Not stopped but I'm holding them for way too long for example, I stopped at the Fullmetal Alchemist Ending or currently waiting on AOT and Avatar
May 8, 3:41 AM
Mar 2017
Reply to TomiTomsen
Not stopped but I'm holding them for way too long for example, I stopped at the Fullmetal Alchemist Ending or currently waiting on AOT and Avatar
@TomiTomsen yes that’s what I meant actually
May 8, 5:00 AM

Nov 2019
May 8, 5:02 AM

Jan 2009
nah if anything i want to watch the ending as soon as possible
May 8, 7:35 AM

Aug 2013
Yeah Gintama & Mushishi are the ones I savor only when I most need a good cheer up.
I don't know who quotes me and then deletes the comment, but know that you make my day.

STEAM's GOTY 2024 the Ghost of Tsushima
May 8, 7:36 AM

May 2019
Usually when people like something, they watch it more not less.
May 8, 7:51 AM
♡( •ॢ◡-ॢ)✧˖° ♡

Dec 2014
Very weird question, this is like asking whether if I have stopped drinking water because I am too thirsty.

(っ◔◡◔)っ 𝓘 𝔀𝓲𝓼𝓱 𝔂𝓸𝓾 𝓪𝓵𝓵 𝓱𝓪𝓿𝓮 𝓪 𝔀𝓸𝓷𝓭𝓮𝓻𝓯𝓾𝓵 𝓭𝓪𝔂 ♥
May 8, 7:52 AM

Mar 2023
The closest is the big 3. It did become to much for me.
May 8, 8:05 AM

Jun 2019
All the time. I slowed down watching Gintama because I didn't want to run out of new eps to watch. This past year I decided it was time to bite the bullet and finished up a bunch of franchises which I'd been slow walking as I didn't want to see them end; Gintama, Kamisama Kiss, xxxHolic, City Hunter, Ranma, AoT, Dirty Pair, Slayers.

Now if I start a new franchise I'm a lot more likely to finish up quickly rather than leave final sequel seasons/OVAs/films to watch in the future.
May 8, 10:45 AM

Aug 2013
Reply to Rinrinka
Very weird question, this is like asking whether if I have stopped drinking water because I am too thirsty.
@Rinrinka You have a proven track record. Haven't you come across any show that felt different from all the others? Like you had a real shitty day, everything went bad, but once you put on X show in the evening... you just forget about your shitty day, unwind and become zen again, ready to face the next day with full energy, minimalizing and forgetting your shitty day all together. Never happened to you before?

I did, that's why I reserve them for my shitty days. Lucky for me I haven't had shitty days in quiet a while now :D *knocks on wood*
I don't know who quotes me and then deletes the comment, but know that you make my day.

STEAM's GOTY 2024 the Ghost of Tsushima
May 8, 11:06 AM

Jul 2021
yes i stopped watching honey and clover for a week at one point because i just loved it so much and i was half-way through the last season and did not want it to end. wish i could watch it again with fresh eyes. i'm avoiding thinking about it too much hoping i forget everything about it so i can rewatch

then there's non non biyori. started it back in september 2022. i only watch it when i'm seriously ill. finished season 2 many months back and haven't tocuhed it since. for me its a healing anime. i forget everything bad and become very happy, clam and relaxed when watching it. speciaficxally saving it for the baaaaad days
TsutanaiFuunMay 8, 11:11 AM

The end of an era. Thank you Wit, Mappa and Isayama.
Feeling half happy, half sad.

Kawaii waifus
and precious
  best girls <3333

May 8, 12:00 PM
Apr 2014
I don't think so. One of the few anime I watched that had a real ending was Samurai Champloo and seeing its ending was one of the reasons why I ended up liking it. I'd rather choose to witness it from beginning to end and be satisfied with it than die from curiosity and anticipation. There were some instances where I felt like stopping because I was already satisfied and I imagined that watching further would only decrease my satisfaction like I did with 86.
May 8, 12:03 PM

Jan 2021
This has never happened to me, if I really like an anime I will rewatch it

I would rather short and sweet rewatchable series than a long messy story with some charm sprinkled in
May 8, 12:37 PM

Sep 2007
Reply to traed
traed said:

Pretty much this, but mostly for shows/amime with fansub release I'm following for.
May 8, 5:06 PM

Dec 2012
No.

But some things I may stop watching temporarily while I wait for the show to end so I can watch it all in a marathon or stop and wait for the dub version because I like that cast better.
"The name's Gambit. Remember it."
-Gambit "X-Men '97"

May 8, 5:13 PM

Dec 2020
No not really, cause I can jut rewatch it.
May 8, 5:57 PM

Feb 2021
I guess I've put some shows on hold simply because "the timing isn't right yet" to finish or pick up where I left off. I did this with Frieren and managed to catch up before the last two episodes aired.
"Nobody could laugh at someone who's trying their hardest" -Machio-

May 9, 7:03 AM

Feb 2024
I skipped over most of the Chimera Ant arc in Hunter x Hunter because I knew it would wreck me. But I did want to see the election episodes and the finale.
May 9, 7:08 AM

Oct 2019
Not anime, but I did this for a while with black sails,

I took months of rest between seasons just because:

1. I didn't want it to end

2. If I started a season, I would not stop watching it

3. black sails has the literal best recaps in any media that I have seen, no matter how big the gap, it always catches you up with like a 30 seconds long recap that knows EXACTLY what you need to remember.
Also available at:
YouTube Channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCK8spdL1M_J-z0vO2C7jPLw
Second Channel: https://www.youtube.com/@AshPolygonsDo/videos
Why You Should Watch Akudama Drive: https://youtu.be/Yw0r52wRjgA
A Love Letter To Anime「AMV」: https://youtu.be/YQyqxFM2m9Q

My referral code to a website/app that gives you free money (a few cents a day) by using a few megabytes of your internet for file sharing. We both get a bonus if you use my link: https://r.honeygain.me/ARSHIA7942
May 9, 7:18 AM

Apr 2020
Not really, as I can always rewatch them and enjoy the experience again.
May 9, 7:20 AM

Jul 2022
Several times though most of them were bland and hideous to say the least

May 9, 7:52 AM

Apr 2020
Violet Evergarden. Well, not the series but, I still refuse to watch the movies and specials because I want to be in the best possible mood, viewing setup, and be fully invested when I watch it.
-+=<(8)>=+- -+=<(8)>=+- -+=<(8)>=+- -+=<(8)>=+- -+=<(8)>=+- -+=<(8)>=+- -+=<(8)>=+-
May 9, 8:35 AM
Mar 2017
Reply to Jozuwa-_-
Violet Evergarden. Well, not the series but, I still refuse to watch the movies and specials because I want to be in the best possible mood, viewing setup, and be fully invested when I watch it.
@Jozuwa-_- I cant tell you how much I feel the same …
Both movies have been in my watching list since they aired …
But I promised myself I’ll watch them this summer holiday so it’s gonna be the farewell (*´ー`*)
May 9, 9:18 AM

Apr 2020
Reply to Yonahim_Zz
@Jozuwa-_- I cant tell you how much I feel the same …
Both movies have been in my watching list since they aired …
But I promised myself I’ll watch them this summer holiday so it’s gonna be the farewell (*´ー`*)
@Yonahim_Zz Hope we both get the best emotional experience when we finally do get to watching those. Tissues prepared T-T
-+=<(8)>=+- -+=<(8)>=+- -+=<(8)>=+- -+=<(8)>=+- -+=<(8)>=+- -+=<(8)>=+- -+=<(8)>=+-
May 9, 9:19 AM
Mar 2017
Reply to Jozuwa-_-
@Yonahim_Zz Hope we both get the best emotional experience when we finally do get to watching those. Tissues prepared T-T
@Jozuwa-_- hopefully!!!! I’m sure I’ll cry a lot
May 12, 7:06 PM

Jul 2016
I was really enjoying Dungeon Meshi and just haven't gotten back to watching it. ;-;
May 12, 7:07 PM

May 2018
attack on titan... I've been afraid to watch the last seasons, because what if I hate it??? What if I'm disappointed? I wouldn't want that to happen
DRINK SOME WATER! FOOL!!!
May 12, 11:19 PM
Mar 2017
Reply to NoelleIsSleepy
attack on titan... I've been afraid to watch the last seasons, because what if I hate it??? What if I'm disappointed? I wouldn't want that to happen
@NoelleIsSleepy I’ve been with attack on titan since 2014 and gave first 3 seasons a solid 10
After that I just couldn’t… couldn’t finish it couldn’t force myself to watch the rest knowing how disappointed I’ll be
May 13, 6:03 AM

Feb 2024
Reply to NoelleIsSleepy
@NoelleIsSleepy I really liked the last seasons, I loved the ending of this anime.
May 13, 10:01 AM

Jul 2013
I would finish watching an anime if I truly enjoyed it...
May 13, 10:50 AM

May 2020
I do sometimes delay watching more if I am really enjoying it. I remember feeling like that with one punch man season 1, almost feeling like "if I watch this I won't see animation like this for 10 more years, I better save it", but yeah I do generally just end up watching whatever it is to the end.

Well, that's not to say I don't save anything, for a long time I was saving Owarimonogatari cause the monogatari series is just so unique, I didn't want it to end. I think there may still one or god forbid 2 seasons I haven't seen but I am saving them for now.
May 13, 10:57 AM
Mar 2017
Reply to Anjuro
I do sometimes delay watching more if I am really enjoying it. I remember feeling like that with one punch man season 1, almost feeling like "if I watch this I won't see animation like this for 10 more years, I better save it", but yeah I do generally just end up watching whatever it is to the end.

Well, that's not to say I don't save anything, for a long time I was saving Owarimonogatari cause the monogatari series is just so unique, I didn't want it to end. I think there may still one or god forbid 2 seasons I haven't seen but I am saving them for now.
@Anjuro I really want to start watching both the * monogatari * and * fate * franchise cause they seem so unique and I just like how they’re so variable

But I think I need to make a special environment to start/enjoy them lol

Or should I just dive in ?
May 13, 11:17 AM

May 2020
Reply to Yonahim_Zz
@Anjuro I really want to start watching both the * monogatari * and * fate * franchise cause they seem so unique and I just like how they’re so variable

But I think I need to make a special environment to start/enjoy them lol

Or should I just dive in ?
@Yonahim_Zz It's kind of a hard question to answer. I think Monogatari is 100% one of those series you can only experience once for the first time (I mean of course you can't watch any series twice "for the first time" but I hope you get what I mean, its unique).

I would say 1) Do you plan on ever learning Japanese? If so, you might want to hold off. Monogatari has incredible nuances and word play in Japanese, its part of why the series is so successful and its such an important part of the series identity. You can still revisit it down the line but it will never be the same as experiencing it for the first time in Japanese.

Second thing I would say is, are you in a relaxed thinking mood? Are you stressed out and anxious? Imo it might tarnish your experience a little bit if you are. You know how some people listen to sad songs when they break up and happy songs when they start a new relationship, well I think it can be kinda a similar deal for some anime, you might not like them as much if you're not in the correct headspace.

Third thing I'll say is I hope you like innuendos and light ecchi cause monogatari has a lot of that too (well the earlier seasons have more, owarimonogatari didn't have almost any as far as I remember). It's not really the point of the series but it would be ideal if you were in a mood to enjoy that, a calm and relaxed mood where you can be immersed in the mystery of monogatari, laugh when there are jokes and get horny when the characters are acting horny.

Hope this helps :)
May 13, 11:27 AM
Dec 2020
i only do that when the anime still has more seasons to come
May 13, 11:36 AM

Jul 2013
Well there are too many episodes of One Piece...hence I didnt watch it all...
May 14, 8:56 AM
Mar 2017
Reply to Anjuro
@Yonahim_Zz It's kind of a hard question to answer. I think Monogatari is 100% one of those series you can only experience once for the first time (I mean of course you can't watch any series twice "for the first time" but I hope you get what I mean, its unique).

I would say 1) Do you plan on ever learning Japanese? If so, you might want to hold off. Monogatari has incredible nuances and word play in Japanese, its part of why the series is so successful and its such an important part of the series identity. You can still revisit it down the line but it will never be the same as experiencing it for the first time in Japanese.

Second thing I would say is, are you in a relaxed thinking mood? Are you stressed out and anxious? Imo it might tarnish your experience a little bit if you are. You know how some people listen to sad songs when they break up and happy songs when they start a new relationship, well I think it can be kinda a similar deal for some anime, you might not like them as much if you're not in the correct headspace.

Third thing I'll say is I hope you like innuendos and light ecchi cause monogatari has a lot of that too (well the earlier seasons have more, owarimonogatari didn't have almost any as far as I remember). It's not really the point of the series but it would be ideal if you were in a mood to enjoy that, a calm and relaxed mood where you can be immersed in the mystery of monogatari, laugh when there are jokes and get horny when the characters are acting horny.

Hope this helps :)
@Anjuro yes I actually plan on learning Japanese but that’s like 3-5 years from now … so idk if I can hold on from watching it all these years …

+ yessss one of the reasons I haven’t started both franchises is because I KNOW they need a good mood/mindset , no stress or anything

+ I don’t mind ecchi or anything but thanks for the advice hehe !
(=´∀`)
May 14, 9:08 AM

May 2020
Reply to Yonahim_Zz
@Anjuro yes I actually plan on learning Japanese but that’s like 3-5 years from now … so idk if I can hold on from watching it all these years …

+ yessss one of the reasons I haven’t started both franchises is because I KNOW they need a good mood/mindset , no stress or anything

+ I don’t mind ecchi or anything but thanks for the advice hehe !
(=´∀`)
@Yonahim_Zz Nice! Good luck with your Japanese then, it takes some serious dedication (speaking from experience). Just as a heads up, have a look at "Remembering the kanji" when you start, for me it was a really efficient way to get familiar with Kanji, I highly recommend it.

I hope you have the willpower to hold out XD
May 14, 9:10 AM
Mar 2017
Reply to Anjuro
@Yonahim_Zz Nice! Good luck with your Japanese then, it takes some serious dedication (speaking from experience). Just as a heads up, have a look at "Remembering the kanji" when you start, for me it was a really efficient way to get familiar with Kanji, I highly recommend it.

I hope you have the willpower to hold out XD
@Anjuro I’m currently learning French and thought once I’m done with it I’ll start Japanese so I’ll def put the advice in my head cause … it’s Japanese lol
Thanks a lot ;)
Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

» What do you think about fetishes in anime?

Anjuro - 1 hour ago

12 by Anjuro »»
51 seconds ago

» Which anime do you think deserves a reboot or continuation, and why?

Gashadokur0 - Yesterday

22 by BigBoyAdvance »»
9 minutes ago

» i think most of us know anime is just a medium, but...

LenRea - 4 hours ago

11 by BigBoyAdvance »»
10 minutes ago

Poll: » what is your stance on "i don't wanna watch that anime, the art style sucks" ?

ame - 6 hours ago

39 by Nirinbo »»
12 minutes ago

» Do you generate your own Anime Wallpapers with AI?

Dragevard - 7 hours ago

27 by Ratris_Decision »»
14 minutes ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.