Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums

Tensei shitara Dainana Ouji Datta node, Kimama ni Majutsu wo Kiwamemasu Episode 3 Discussion

New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »
Apr 15, 8:28 AM

Nov 2011
Once again, Lloyd carrying this show and facing off a boss-like monster. Might be his first real challenge in this anime.

Tao is also getting more screen time than the other female cast members. Not really feeling the comedy of this show. The timing still feels cartoony and overall chemistry falls flat. I guess they are taking the premise of danger of underground dungeons seriously though. Lloyd is living up to his reputation, carrying this anime.
Apr 15, 8:28 AM

Feb 2018
It all started with Tao's recklessness in trying to free Roberto. Despite Tao's solo efforts, they were still overwhelmed by the immense power of the demon. Oh, by the way, the demon took the form of a skeleton, not particularly frightening but surprisingly strong. Why did Tao start training since the age of 5? Tao even revealed that they currently don't have a boyfriend, lol.

Even with all of Tao's strength, the skeleton remained undefeated. Just as the skeleton was about to attack Tao, Lloyd arrived just in time to save the exhausted Tao. The skeleton was puzzled as Tao's wind magic (kaze keito) successfully repelled its attacks.

With a burst of light magic, Lloyd managed to beat the skeleton. Tao's feelings for Lloyd grew stronger xD. The treasure chest contained a dagger that seemed to lack any special abilities. I love Tao's smile. I really love the dynamic between Tao and Lloyd. Despite the treasure being a trap, thankfully they managed to survive and were not buried.

Sylpha's role is also interesting to watch. Lloyd, who ran away from the palace, now receives sword training from Sylpha. I enjoy how Sylpha plays pranks on Lloyd.

During the commercial break, Lloyd explains how to perform the kaze keito magic or the expansion of magical space. In essence, the magic user can freely extend enclosed spaces, like a bag. Correct me if I'm wrong.

Lloyd also practices alchemy. He attempts to analyze the magical spinal fluid and mass-produce it. The components consist of silver, oil, and red magical powder. The production of silver is quite interesting because Lloyd can create limitless weapons, which will bring many advantages.

They have a training session with Sylpha, and I love how Sylpha carries Lloyd like a little child. The weapon production is quite successful. This episode is very engaging, and I enjoy it.
Apr 15, 9:51 AM

Dec 2021
Ah, yes, the most satisfying part of this anime: Lloyd's eerie expressions.

At the depths of the dungeon awaited the Archfiend, a Lich who had buried many adventurers and absorbed their knowledge. Tao, in a quick decision, allows Lloyd/Lloberto to escape. Standing alone, Tao faces the overwhelming power difference against the Archfiend. As she lies on the brink of death, battered and bruised, the Lich prepares to deliver the final blow... and then, Lloyd appears to deal the finishing blow, once and for all.

Lol, thought that attack was gonna tear through space and time, almost got the world's goddess. Then Grim, a country-crushing devil, gets taken down by a maid. That "ara ara" power is something else. But before feeling bad for Grim, can we talk about how cool Lloyd looked fighting the lich? Total badass. And that musclehead, she got so wrapped up in seeing him as a rival, she forgot what she was doing. Didn't realize until later she barely knew anything about him, lol.

Okay, I can't lie, this episode was pretty fire, not gonna lie. Keep up this momentum, please.

Apr 15, 10:03 AM
Sep 2015
Teenager Lloyd is nice but I'll always prefer 10-years old Lloyd.

This is the kind of anime I expect to have a shitty production, but it actually has eye-pleasing quality.
Apr 15, 10:09 AM
Jul 2023
Another impressive show of power.

I like the direction of this series, the focus on fun and absurdity aspect of power fantasy, couple with interesting power/magic system and top of with the good quality animation and visual made it a really enjoyable watch.
Apr 15, 10:14 AM
Feb 2020
They skipped the OP for this one.Time well spent honestly eps went by in a flash.They went kinda hard on the fight scene.Genuinely good eps so far.
Apr 15, 10:20 AM

Dec 2022
well this was something he learnt how to use qi in the matter of a couple hours not just that he also indulged in enchantment (without the enchanting table crazy i know)magic cant wait to see the results also the faces he makes when he is having fun straight up looks like its from hentai or it could just be me
Apr 15, 10:26 AM
Nov 2021
I like that he is kinda a psychopath, but it still is an ordinary isekai without much that is unique, so its at best mid.
Apr 15, 10:44 AM

Mar 2021
Well, Now we know this guy got screws loose up there.... And why tf are the action scenes animated so good?
Apr 15, 10:48 AM

Jan 2008
Definitely the most fun isekai so far out of everything airing even more than sequels. Even though it's always said light novel are the source, they're defintely basing more of this towards the manga. The manga sometimes has certain pages that are in full color, usually highlight moments and they were pretty close to what was shown here when he cuts the lich in half. I do like the visual effect they did with the lich's magic as well, it's a small detail but it does make it stand out more.
Apr 15, 11:10 AM
Jul 2019
He created a kienzan. It's already at Krillin's level! XD Spectacular episode. The director once again got the combination of music and action scenes right. And the comedy was perfect!
Apr 15, 11:30 AM

Apr 2021
When she asked him, he said "I thought it would be fun", but I think he did fight with Qi because that bad guy badmouthed the art and the girl.
(at least, I'm going to think like that)

The sword enchanting part was also hilarious and had good rock music.

The soldiers are sad about losing their weapons, then get them back as indestructible god tier weapons. 😅😂
Note: I don’t lazily watch 3-5 episodes, biasedly compare to other anime, or unfairly judge by surface level similarities. With every anime I start, I watch the entire series, both Japanese Sub & English Dub, then judge each anime based on what they present, to give an honest and fair rating.

Apr 15, 11:42 AM

Jun 2008
The show is a bit odd, but it's not bad. The poor ratings currently definitely come from the weird trap shota aestthetic. And I get that, I would enjoy this show more if it didn't have that. But a 6/10 seems overly harsh just because of that.
Apr 15, 11:57 AM

Jan 2014
It's surprising how good is the animation of this. This is better than I had expected it to be. Love the goofy chibi design too.

PROFILE | ANIMELIST | MANGALIST | 𝓵𝓸𝓵𝓵𝔂𝓰𝓪𝓰𝓰𝓲𝓷𝓰

Apr 15, 12:05 PM
Feb 2024
Honestly, this might be the best episode they’ve produced yet! Just a crazy magic-obsessed kid going all out against a Lich learning new techniques and how to apply them. The animation was pretty cool, and he looked like he was having the time of his life.
About the treasure chest though, if it’s the core of a dungeon and absorbs magical items, does that mean that technically once you defeat a dungeon, if you’re able to remove the chest without dying, you could set up dungeon traps? Sounds like a really fun way to annoy enemies.
Apr 15, 12:36 PM

Dec 2013
Mad respect for Tao immediately helping Lloyd escape fully knowing she was going to die, I like a lot the way this show depicts and visualizes magic and what Lloyd is accomplishing, it isn't just enchantments but it is a bunch of different branches and fields, coding / programming, Gene modification, chemistry and now calligraphy and alchemy, and all tied with good visuals and plenty of bright colors.

I can't get enough when they change art styles, reminds me of the fever dream that was Jakusansei Million Arthur.
KanameYuukiApr 15, 12:40 PM
Apr 15, 1:39 PM

Mar 2022
Okay I know there is a lot of hate/controversy/whatever around this show but damn that episode went hard. Actually loving this show its bat shit and its fun, if that makes me a bad person I don't care.
Apr 15, 1:55 PM
May 2018
物語は予測可能で繰り返しのパターンに速やかに移行し、視聴者に新鮮な感覚を与えることができません。また、キャラクターデザインや世界観も特別なものや独自の特色が感じられません。

したがって、このアニメは一部のファンを引きつける要素を持っているかもしれませんが、全体としては他のアニメと比較して新しさや独自性を持っていないように思えます。私個人としては、このアニメを見ることが特に魅力的や刺激的であるとは感じませんでした。
Apr 15, 2:00 PM
May 2019
The manga for this has been a fun read, glad it got an anime, so far by ep 3 it's not been a disappointment by any means. Animation has been good and as the show gets crazier, I'm hoping to see more.
Apr 15, 2:13 PM
Feb 2021
Stellar animation, protagonist outfit and design aside. The Isekai tropes are all over in this anime, but let’s be honest: that’s why we watch them isn’t it? I’m excited to see how the bar raises for fights and the actions of an overpowered protagonist continue to make me smile.
Apr 15, 2:24 PM
Mar 2019
I gotta say, I'm enjoying this a lot more than other shows of its kind.

“We all have our time machines, don't we. Those that take us back are memories... And those that carry us forward, are dreams.”
― H.G. Wells, The Time Machine

Apr 15, 3:01 PM
Jun 2021
Reply to Ryoda-
The show is a bit odd, but it's not bad. The poor ratings currently definitely come from the weird trap shota aestthetic. And I get that, I would enjoy this show more if it didn't have that. But a 6/10 seems overly harsh just because of that.
@Ryoda- Agree with your take.

Next episode might make or break this for some people and further tank the score (if it does animate to ch11). What happens is VERY questionable to say the least. I do hope that they tune it down a bit in the anime and speed past the unnecessarily overexaggerated parts, it really wouldn't change anything important and would be infinitely more enjoyable and not possibly make the MC too hated.

The production value is incredible, I just hope they don't overdo it on the weakest parts of the show (one of them the fanservice that can get pretty weird..)
Apr 15, 3:14 PM

Jun 2016
Probably the funniest show of the season, with good animation and funny moments full of baka faces:

Apr 15, 3:24 PM
Aug 2020
This another great episode

I love the animation/ characters/ story

Can’t wait to watch the next one!!!
otakuweek on insta for News /recom etc

just have a look, you won't regret it...
Apr 15, 3:27 PM
May 2023
Idk why I just realized this but Robert looks a lot like Rudy
Apr 15, 5:00 PM

Feb 2022
Went about as I expected wasn't bad at all though.
Apr 15, 5:55 PM
Dec 2021
Those qi techniques are seriously OP <3. I like it.
Apr 15, 6:11 PM

Sep 2021
This show is just a bunch of rather unserious laughs every week and I love it. I hope it never tries to be anything else. Lloyd and Grim are comedy stars!
Apr 15, 6:34 PM

Feb 2019
70 out of 120 ain't a bad outcome. but since he's still a kid, they didn't believe he was actually capable of producing such results. can't wait to see that sword in action though.
Apr 15, 6:58 PM

Sep 2016
Just realized that the Tao in the ending receives a bust boost compared to the one she has in ep 2 and 3, I guess she will not find him for some years thenas the ED version has grown up, well too bad lol

Now time for the remaining person to be added.

After some more absurd magic. What's next after Qi? Chakra? Lol
bruh
Apr 15, 7:57 PM
Apr 2023
This is kind of unhinged protagonist I'm used to from manhwa. OP played completely for laughs. This is great.
Apr 15, 9:25 PM

Sep 2017
the animation goes unnecessarily hard for a show like this, the different styles work out pretty nicely too.
Apr 15, 10:21 PM

Sep 2018
This episode was amazing. The shota shows how amazing his skills are with qi and crafting. 5/5 easy
Apr 16, 2:17 AM
Apr 2021
Holy crap the animation with the Lich fight was actually amazing Tsumugi Akita Animation Lab are a new studio but they’re proving to be a good studio with the animation they be producing, the animation with Tao trying to speedblitz the Lich was great and the unhinged crest face that Lloyd was making was the cherry on the cake bros a battle junkie😭😭🔥🔥🔥

Bro pulled out the destructo disc from Dragon Ball Z🤣

Why is Tao’s body built so nicely????? like why is she the perfect example of thicc every single angle of her, her ass is drawn with a nice shape💀😫😫😫😫

From the preview it looks like Tao and Slypha do NOT like each other, can’t wait to see it🤣
Apr 16, 2:46 AM

Mar 2017
maid is the only good char (I am horny)
Apr 16, 4:22 AM

Apr 2017
In a nutshell, Lloyd is to magic what Utena (from Gushing Over Magical Girls) is to magical girls.

Lloyd be gushin' this episode.
Apr 16, 5:25 AM

Nov 2019
The swords should come with warning, or else the users will hurt themselves. No, seriously, they will lose limbs.
Apr 16, 6:38 AM

Jun 2016
So far, just a great adaptation, in which everything is excellent.
The only pity is that the rating was clearly lowered by people who confuse reality with fiction.
Apr 16, 8:30 AM
Oct 2019
the faces and mouths that the MC makes are very good hahaha
Apr 16, 11:48 AM

Oct 2017
Really cool action animation again, I definitely wasn't expecting something this good when I started this anime but it's been a treat so far.

Tao's a nice girl, loved how she tried saving Lloyd first and stood there to fight. I hope she finds out about Lloyd and reunites with him soon. Sylpha amusing as usual.
Apr 16, 12:25 PM

Aug 2013
Maybe we'll see Tao someday.

Some op shit about to go down.
Apr 16, 12:29 PM

Nov 2020
The plot that the MC is the best and everyone is impressed is starting to get boring, the fight is cool but this shit with swords made me sleepy xD 3/5
Apr 16, 1:23 PM
Feb 2023
wasnt convinced by the 1st and 2nd episodes but 3rd episode was decent. looking forward to more
Apr 16, 3:33 PM

Oct 2022
I support short shorts lol ...

This is borderline unwatchable it's worse than an isekai. Just an OP Mary Sue or Gary Stu it has no story. What is there to get interested in. Is this popular in Japan
Apr 16, 4:44 PM
Mar 2024
The show is getting better. I hope Lloyd gets a chance to show off his skills to his haters, and that we start to see less of his thighs. Aside from that, this show is pretty good.
Apr 16, 6:59 PM

Sep 2021
This episode adapts chapters 5-7.

So the next episode might adapt chapters 8-11 with chapter 10 having awesome Sylpha actions while chapter 11 being kinda rapey, pretty much giving us an early taste of how brutally unhinged the fan services and the magic actions of this anime are. The real normies filter while also showcasing the studio's skills.
Apr 16, 10:59 PM

Oct 2023
Meanwhile, I still believe putting mini shows in the middle of the episode wasn't really a good idea.
Apr 17, 7:32 AM

Jan 2020
It's so funny to me how there are already preliminary reviews and such for this. 😂

Anime watchers will truly eat the rawest food imaginable, let the show cook a little.
Apr 17, 8:26 AM
May 2021
He is crazy lol, liked the way he defeated that lich menacingly
Apr 17, 7:29 PM
Apr 2021
seru banget, sampe gk sabar pgn cepet2 nonton next eps
Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Tensei shitara Dainana Ouji Datta node, Kimama ni Majutsu wo Kiwamemasu Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - May 20

87 by ST63LTH »»
3 hours ago

Poll: » Tensei shitara Dainana Ouji Datta node, Kimama ni Majutsu wo Kiwamemasu Episode 7 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - May 13

57 by ST63LTH »»
Yesterday, 9:01 AM

Poll: » Tensei shitara Dainana Ouji Datta node, Kimama ni Majutsu wo Kiwamemasu Episode 6 Discussion

Stark700 - May 6

49 by ST63LTH »»
Yesterday, 8:43 AM

Poll: » Tensei shitara Dainana Ouji Datta node, Kimama ni Majutsu wo Kiwamemasu Episode 5 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Apr 29

73 by ST63LTH »»
Yesterday, 8:28 AM

Poll: » Tensei shitara Dainana Ouji Datta node, Kimama ni Majutsu wo Kiwamemasu Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Apr 22

76 by ST63LTH »»
Yesterday, 8:14 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.