Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »
Apr 1, 4:36 PM

Jul 2017
Yup...Crunchyroll and their leaks again on this. Also, this show airs on a programming block that is widespreading Nagoya propaganda, this does not look like one.

True's OP seems typical, that's a given.

Novelist Murajin A's traditional Isekai setting, where the next heir is born in the Summerforth Empire, Ars Louvent has the Appraisal skill enough to discern strengths and weaknesses of the people around him, but not for himself, branded as an "instinct". But the future ahead of him is not a bright one as rampant corruption is all around as well as prejudice, and since Ars is to become a Lord in the future, helping the less-privileged like the Malkans which were bought as slaves, one of them, Rietz Muses, is a rather powerful figure.

Ars wanting to mentor Rietz as his retainer seeing his potential, the latter doesn't want to create any misunderstanding and decides to avoid him. Still though, Ars maintains his composure to feed him good food and understand him further but taking him as a retainer is simply out of the question. And yes, Ars's father Raven will accept him on a mock duel battle to become a rank-and-file soldier if he beats him to it, which Rietz tries his best against the best swordmanship master, and grazed him by the hair within the time limit. The acknowledgement from Raven is enough for Rietz to become a servant that Ars will know, will become a tour de force in the future.

Maybe we should rethink about AniManga having the Isekai title and being a misnomer, such as this show.
KANLen09Apr 10, 4:15 AM
Apr 1, 7:45 PM
May 2023
This title on facet seems similar to some other isekai anime that surfaced in in recent years.. Where the specialized theme is an isekai reincarnation rather than abrupt arrival in isekai world.. on aesthetics, animation, sounds & BG music etc.. it was an improvement that other balls of the same lot. The plot, though its main line of progress is discernible, it still is intriguing, and would, I think, prove to be entertaining.
Apr 1, 8:37 PM
Nov 2018
I like the idea of this anime, where the MC isn't himself super OP strengthwise, but is able to find the best in his comrades.
Apr 1, 9:23 PM
Jul 2017
Seems fun from episode one, it's certainly not reinventing the genre but I am always a sucker for a competent execution of some isekai BS.
Apr 1, 10:59 PM
Mar 2021
not a crunchyroll leak
Apr 2, 12:33 AM

Dec 2022
well this felt like catching pokemons but the pokemon are talented humans
and the goal is not to be a pokemon master but to protect the land
Apr 2, 3:57 AM
Jan 2024
its a good start, has good quality of animation, good direction and pacing so far.
Apr 2, 4:22 AM

Dec 2021
Can’t go a day without a CR leak lol

Apr 2, 4:39 AM

Dec 2018
great anime w episode
Apr 2, 8:14 AM

Feb 2020
There are just way too many of these nowadays. I'm probably going to skip this one.

But enjoy the show, guys!
Apr 2, 8:46 AM
Feb 2018
Well, at least here we don't see futa-loli as in Tensei shitara Dainana Ouji Datta node.
Apr 2, 11:57 AM

Mar 2013
Not a bad first episode, but they skipped some monologues to conclude it like that. A bit disappointed, but that's fine.

P.S. No man or woman should watch the femboy-shota from the other series. This one is better.
It's not that I dislike this genre but... to add unnecessary fan services to/in/for heroines
and ultimately destroys her character and personality; their purity tarnished because of it,
is the only thing I hope to not happen to them. For that sole purity is my fan service.
Apr 2, 12:18 PM

Jun 2023
Wasn’t that bad
Apr 2, 4:26 PM
The Komori

Mar 2013
I liked this A LOT and I'm definitely watching it all the way through
Apr 2, 6:36 PM

Feb 2015
I like that this one seems more strategic/tactical than some of the other reincarnation/isekai shows. Always been a fan of the "appraisl" skill and it's application.
Apr 3, 7:52 AM

Mar 2024
A second based shota anime in one season? What miracle is this. After the absolutely bland, boring blue haired boy isekai, this one was very refreshing. His retainer being a guy instead of the girl you'd expect was great too. Nice character designs, nice MC (until he grows up), preddy good music. Hope they don't ruin it as it goes on.
Apr 3, 10:19 AM

May 2021
No truck-kun this time? Son I am dissapoint. Of course after dying from overwork, the first thing he wants to do when reincarnated is to do some more work damn it. But, we'll see there are some more episodes for them to get more distinct.
Apr 3, 11:40 AM
Aug 2021
This is very niche, so not bad or good for an isekai, but the only thing that disturbs me is the very glossy in a not good way, and uncanny art style, especially the children drawn here especially look very weird. I can't look at MC without being put off severely. This is way better than that "other" disturbing shota blue hair mc anime airing rn
Apr 3, 2:51 PM
Jun 2023
IT WAS GOOD!!!!!!!!!!
Apr 4, 6:35 AM

Nov 2013

the 1st one i watched in the new season and i'll admit i liked it a lot more than i expected
tbh i like the apraise skill in most isekai anime, knowing people's skills sure is helpful, specially when you want to get the best people for the job

the way he saw the other guy who clearly couldn't learn the spear and made him into the archer he was supposed to be... or save this guy that would have died in the street cause everyone hates his ... race(?)
favorite "new girls" from summer <3 ... click sig for older seasons and more possible picks (rip all the other choices)
Apr 4, 11:16 AM

Jan 2014
I like this kind of story, where an underdog goes to the top.

PROFILE | ANIMELIST | MANGALIST | 𝓵𝓸𝓵𝓵𝔂𝓰𝓪𝓰𝓰𝓲𝓷𝓰

Apr 4, 2:51 PM

Jun 2020
Looks like decent isekai I just dont understand the proportions of the Mc like its look wrong
Apr 4, 4:10 PM
Mar 2024
Its no slime, but it is better then lvl 2 super cheat powers. Ars looks to have a good head on his shoulders. Looking forward to watching build the medieval avengers. Watching him fight the for the fair treatment of others is going to be interesting.
Apr 4, 6:17 PM

Jun 2013
Not that bad honestly
Apr 6, 2:38 PM

May 2009
Well, at least he doesn't have generic OP offensive powers.
Apr 7, 3:14 AM
Nov 2019
Nothing special.
Apr 7, 5:22 AM

Feb 2019
I'm smelling some white complex. I hope I'm wrong
Apr 7, 8:45 AM
Jan 2024
Generic LN based overly long title magic fantasy world isekai but with racism. Interesting.
Apr 7, 8:53 AM
Oct 2019
The adaptation look well made that good. :)
Apr 7, 8:54 AM
Jul 2023
Fight racism in the first episode, now that something rarely seen.

Overall good episode, nothing really stand than other than the racism, got a feeling the story going to be good till the end.
Apr 7, 9:23 AM
Sep 2015
Zero originality score, but at least the production quality is high. The music reminds me of "Reign of the Seven Spellblades" and I just check that they really have the same composer.
Apr 7, 9:39 AM

Jan 2008
Appears to be an isekai that has little to no reason for being an isekai and would have been fine as just a regular fantasy show with 'rpg' elements. This detail always bugs me when I see it.

First episode was fine. Nothing particularly memorable. Very much in the middle of the isekai list of this season so far.

I at least enjoy seeing characters age up and based on the opening scene and opening, the characters do seem like they'll age. Mage girl in the next episode preview versus her in the opening. Jeez.
Apr 7, 10:36 AM

Jul 2022
Another isekai, so I'll give this one a chance since it seemed entertaining. We'll have to see which other talented individuals the protagonist recruits.
Apr 7, 10:43 AM
Oct 2019
what a cool episode, I liked the theme, I understand that it's another Isekai for the world of anime, but this one is well done, different premise, and the best thing is that the MC isn't as big of a character as the others, I'll follow it up with a smile on the face
Apr 7, 11:05 AM

Jan 2023
HOLY SHIT! They actually showed us his mom (she was not shown even once in the manga).
But Ars still has a really big head, and that still bothers me.
The animation looks nice. I hope they pace it right too.
Apr 7, 11:06 AM
Jun 2021
The premise really resonates with me and so far it has been exciting!
Apr 7, 11:30 AM
Nov 2021
Even tho it seems like an 0815 isekai, I did got catched by this discrimminiation and the appreciation after proving that wrong.
Apr 7, 12:48 PM

May 2019
I thought that this had a pretty good start with the MC himself having a talent to spot talents on others. I like that his father, while skeptical, gave him a chance with Rietz after Ars discovered the other guy had a talent with using bows. I'm looking forward to watching how this one plays out.
Apr 7, 12:54 PM

Aug 2017
Animation looked good and if he is going to be behind the scenes coordinating the battles like a strategist I may keep watching this.
Apr 7, 2:11 PM
Feb 2023
I dont like Llyod de Saloum

Ars Louvent better than Llyod
Apr 7, 2:20 PM

Feb 2019
Well it’s definitely not anything we haven’t seen, your usual overworked salaryman who’s reincarnated into a game he’s obsessed with type deal, but as usual with these isekai seasonals it comes down to execution and production values, both of which seem really good so far from this premiere.

I actually got some Lastame type vibes from this one. With the MC wanting to prevent the fall of his kingdom and seeking out advisors and other strong people to support him. If this is going to focus on political intrigue and nation building or rather nation supporting and strengthening, this could be really good.

With isekai we already know the main character is OP and can beat everyone, so how can you stand out? Well with stuff like this. Focus on developing the other characters and fleshing out the world.

Did not expect that Rietz fight to go so hard though. Studio MOTHER don’t have a lot of stuff on their CV, but this is already probably the best besides Fuukoi that they’ve done. Storyboarding, direction and story on point, could be eating good here with this one. Don’t sleep on it.
Marinate1016Apr 7, 2:53 PM
Apr 7, 3:21 PM

Nov 2019
It's giving Grateful Slave & White Savior..

Apr 7, 3:32 PM
Oct 2019
Reply to this_shit_again
It's giving Grateful Slave & White Savior..

@this_shit_again i don't seen the probleme
Apr 7, 3:38 PM

Apr 2023
Any new show that airs and people instantly assume it's a leak. An interesting premise off to a decent start, MC's a bit disproportionate (his arms are longer then his legs in most scenes as is his torso) but beyond that it's got alot of potential.
Apr 7, 4:04 PM

Jun 2016
I like this type of fantasy/isekai with dynastic-political-war themes and where the mc wants to save or build a kingdom, faithful ecounter of retainers etc. it gives me a sort of "Madan no ou to Vanadis" vibes or even "The Genius Prince's Guide to Raising a Nation Out of Debt" vibes but less comic and more adventure focused.
Apr 7, 7:21 PM

Feb 2019
this series is off to a good start. i've been wanting to read the manga, but i keep putting it off. but this first episode sure is convincing me to get my hands on the manga and start reading lol
Apr 7, 11:00 PM

Aug 2019
Infinitely better than I thought it was going to be. When I first read the title and saw the trailer last week I was pretty sure I wouldn't be interested in this at all and drop it straight away, but I'm pretty interested to see where this goes now!
Apr 7, 11:17 PM
May 2023
Given how many tropes I don't like it uses, I was really surprised how much I enjoyed this! the characters, both in personality and design, aren't groundbreaking but they are really pretty, the soundtrack was fantastic both in the OST and the surprisingly banging theme song, and I thought the emotional pacing was pretty solid - I was really rooting for Rietz in his fight scene.

Based on episode one the isekai element felt unnecessary to me - obviously the writing would need a little tweaking to suit that but more thought out writing isn't a *bad* thing, and I'm never going to be a fan of the stats on screen trope but at least it seems to be limited to just stats appraisal and not that whole move selection screen, exp and levelling thing so I can deal with it.

the main character being called Ars really took me out though. 🥲
Apr 8, 12:35 AM

Aug 2019
I didn't expect it to be this good. Although some parts were cut, the anime managed to adapt them well. I think they show how the anime ends in the beginning, but that's not a problem especially for those who watch it weekly.
Apr 8, 1:44 AM
Mar 2012
as the second shota show this has promise, appraisal focused mc might become a manager work sol, or leadership growing an army RTS. dry map & funeral one of the strange & weakest start to any premiere.
Rietz design & sword fight quite good. the dad looks super cool too bad early rip.
true's OP & osts good vibes. unsure on story, maybe wait till Roxy arrives.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Tensei Kizoku, Kantei Skill de Nariagaru Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 )

KANLen09 - Jun 23

53 by suzi_eee »»
Sep 14, 1:17 PM

Poll: » Tensei Kizoku, Kantei Skill de Nariagaru Episode 8 Discussion

Stark700 - May 26

33 by Meepoi »»
Aug 1, 4:31 AM

Poll: » Tensei Kizoku, Kantei Skill de Nariagaru Episode 7 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - May 19

77 by imjayhime »»
Jul 31, 5:54 PM

Poll: » Tensei Kizoku, Kantei Skill de Nariagaru Episode 10 Discussion

Stark700 - Jun 9

31 by Magito »»
Jul 30, 6:19 AM

Poll: » Tensei Kizoku, Kantei Skill de Nariagaru Episode 5 Discussion

Stark700 - May 5

46 by TechOtaku »»
Jul 26, 11:10 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.