Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Shangri-La Frontier
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (4) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »
Feb 11, 12:29 AM

Nov 2011
Sunraku had to use a bit of his brains in addition to his skills to fight an adversary of that caliber. Luckily, he's got some items to use too.

Artur showed why she's a badass in this show again. Another tough fight this episode though, and one of those long fights again. Suranku pretty much had to use everything in his sleeves for this fight.
Feb 11, 1:32 AM

Jun 2016
Our trio here showing exactly why they are the best of gamers around, overcoming impossible odds as it was. My favourite aspect of Shangri-La Frontier will always be these 3 πŸ‘
Gift by Mimurona

Feb 11, 1:37 AM
Jul 2023
8 episode worth of set up and build up paid off so beautifully.
Feb 11, 1:43 AM

Feb 2021
15:28 乾址一擲 (kenkon itteki lit. heaven and earth cast away) - stake all (on something); play for all or nothing; throwing all into a task

The animation and art were on a whole another level this episode.
This single fight must've taken up at least a couple volumes of the manga, damn.
This was really good! They better get some amazing loot.
Valentine Day themed SLF theater this time! I really like how they are matching with the episode release dates.=

Edit: and they changed the ED visuals! It's Setsuna and human Wethermon now. I love it.
At first I thought the credits were going vertically just for a cinematic effect and skipped it. /_ \
EmbientFeb 11, 2:53 AM
Feb 11, 1:49 AM
Jun 2022
nice ending battle, lets make this anime rating 8
Feb 11, 2:28 AM

Jul 2021
Shangri La Frontier Unlimited Budget Works! So many Sakuga moments in this episode!
Feb 11, 2:54 AM

Aug 2019
The ending is so beautiful that it feels like you've finished the game, and combined with ReoNa's song it makes it very memorable. I'm happy that Wethermon can rest in peace now.
Feb 11, 2:58 AM
Feb 2021
week by week of waiting, it's getting more interesting!
Feb 11, 3:12 AM

Oct 2017
The visual effects for Sunraku's final attack was really cool. The guy pulled it off, he beat Wezaemon. Need more lore.
Feb 11, 3:33 AM
Apr 2021
Best episode so far
Feb 11, 3:36 AM
Jul 2015
Fuck, let it be over already!

I should have skipped right to the end ...
Feb 11, 3:47 AM

May 2020
Amazing! What a fight with a great end! Birdman is back to put Wethermon to rest

Emul worrying about Sunraku is so cute I miss Emul
Fun Things Are Fun - Yui Hirasawa
Feb 11, 3:48 AM
Dec 2022
now that's a master piece, that's the animation, that's perfection, it's πŸ”₯πŸ”₯πŸ”₯πŸ”₯πŸ”₯πŸ”₯πŸ”₯πŸ”₯πŸ”₯πŸ”₯πŸ”₯πŸ”₯πŸ”₯πŸ”₯πŸ”₯πŸ”₯πŸ”₯πŸ”₯πŸ”₯πŸ”₯πŸ”₯πŸ”₯πŸ”₯πŸ”₯πŸ”₯πŸ”₯πŸ”₯πŸ”₯πŸ”₯πŸ”₯πŸ”₯πŸ”₯πŸ”₯πŸ”₯
πŸ—£οΈπŸ—£οΈπŸ—£οΈπŸ—£οΈπŸ—£οΈπŸ—£οΈπŸ—£οΈπŸ—£οΈπŸ—£οΈπŸ—£οΈπŸ—£οΈπŸ—£οΈπŸ—£οΈπŸ—£οΈπŸ—£οΈπŸ—£οΈπŸ—£οΈπŸ—£οΈπŸ—£οΈπŸ—£οΈπŸ—£οΈπŸ—£οΈπŸ—£οΈπŸ—£οΈπŸ—£οΈπŸ—£οΈπŸ—£οΈπŸ—£οΈπŸ—£οΈπŸ—£οΈπŸ—£οΈπŸ—£οΈπŸ—£οΈπŸ—£οΈπŸ—£οΈπŸ—£οΈπŸ—£οΈπŸ—£οΈπŸ—£οΈπŸ—£οΈ
Feb 11, 3:54 AM

Sep 2018
Did SLF Mini just drop the fact that Pencilgon and Psyger-0 are sisters? Or did I miss this beforehand somehow? Or was that not even Pencilgon in chocolate form and I'm just tired lol...
Feb 11, 3:56 AM

Jan 2009
a full sakuga episode for the final fight is awesome

rip weathermon those weather attacks especially clear sky is cool
Feb 11, 4:04 AM
Jan 2020
Episode of the year that barely no one watched
Feb 11, 4:06 AM

Jan 2009
Reply to GakutoDeathGlare
Did SLF Mini just drop the fact that Pencilgon and Psyger-0 are sisters? Or did I miss this beforehand somehow? Or was that not even Pencilgon in chocolate form and I'm just tired lol...
@GakutoDeathGlare no her old sister is not pencilgon you can see in the op her old sister is in red long hair with armor too in the game
Feb 11, 4:08 AM

Dec 2022
well finally the fight concluded and here i thought he was gonna bite his tongue to reduce his health but how was i am supposed to guess that he will use the new feature that i dont even know about
anyway this was very intense and i think they can just record this fight and post it in their version of YouTube and gain money that they spend in this fight at least i would do this to at least gain a little form this expensive battle
Feb 11, 4:12 AM

Dec 2018
Not a fan of how it ended so abruptly, but I thought it was cool how everyone worked together. I would have like Wethermon to have a few more seconds after grabbing the cherry blossom. He doesn't deserve an inglorious end even if he's a game character.
Feb 11, 4:14 AM
#FreeWatermelon

Feb 2020
Cheers to Pencilgon and Katzo for taking the mount-gundam giant at the most centered point.

While hats off to Sunraku for being able to withstand Wethermon ultimate attack even returned it hardly back to its master, crumbling him in no time. Even if there's a jokingly miscalculation nonsense since Sunraku found a way unrelated to the case by hurting himself, at least its all ends well, everything just be well done ended then!

Appreciated the ed visual as well. Beautifully done for this single moment. And let's see what's going to happen with slf world after those huge victory...
Hide and seek is the best offline games on this fatamorgana-called-world-thing. Please comment nicely. I am newbie here.

I'm level on mal-badges. View my badges
Feb 11, 4:27 AM

Dec 2017

And we end it with some (happy?)(sad?) visuals. Guy looks like a commander in chief of some kind, probably the ancient civilization.
I hope they reveal Wethermon's real name as well next episode.
karrotStickFeb 11, 4:37 AM
❝Kabo-chan is ran by the MAL staff team and does not respond to individual comments made on her profile.❞
I was immensely devastated.
Feb 11, 4:40 AM
Aug 2018
This is truly what we expect to get from VR Game Anime theme. The build up from the previous episodes are really paid of there. That little comedi they add when Sunraku false calculating the Climax Boost skill's terms added more epicness on final execution.

Easy 10/10 from me.
Feb 11, 5:11 AM
May 2021
V good ep , animation during the fight popped off!! Am all for this animee
Feb 11, 5:17 AM

Mar 2021
The art quality this week was fantastic. Not too surprising, given the staff this time around. We got Hironori Tanaka (aka TNK), an industry legend, to storyboard and direct the episode! The sheer amount of detail in the drawings was a massive step up from our usual fare (which is already great every week) which allowed for some breathtaking screencaps. Sasuga C2C, you delivered.

Feb 11, 5:21 AM

Jun 2020
Finally this long battle has ended. The final slash from Sunraku was truly stunning.

And the ending scene where we are shown Setsuna and Weathermon walking together, made my tears shed because finally they were back together.
Feb 11, 5:25 AM

Jul 2011
How is this anime rated below an 8? This is arguably the best MMORPG anime I've seen. Next episode is going to be very exciting to see how the world is going to be shaken at the defeat of wezermon. Can't wait to see the reactions.
Feb 11, 5:27 AM

Jan 2009
Reply to Bandanaa
The art quality this week was fantastic. Not too surprising, given the staff this time around. We got Hironori Tanaka (aka TNK), an industry legend, to storyboard and direct the episode! The sheer amount of detail in the drawings was a massive step up from our usual fare (which is already great every week) which allowed for some breathtaking screencaps. Sasuga C2C, you delivered.

@Bandanaa TNK is everywhere anyway lol but ye he is a super animator and now director of lots of anime episodes too its only a matter of time before he fully directs his own anime
Feb 11, 5:28 AM
Apr 2023
Anyone have the info on the episode director?

It looks as good as the first episode (which fooled me thinking all episodes will be that good lol). But the waiting paid off.
Feb 11, 5:29 AM
Apr 2023
Reply to Bandanaa

@Bandanaa May I know who directed episode 1? I might follow those two directors from now on.
Feb 11, 5:40 AM

Mar 2021
Reply to saikyozero
@Bandanaa May I know who directed episode 1? I might follow those two directors from now on.
@saikyozero According to AniDB, episodes 1 and 3 were directed by Ooki Hiro. Those are two of the highest priority episodes, too.
Feb 11, 5:41 AM

Mar 2021
Reply to deg
@Bandanaa TNK is everywhere anyway lol but ye he is a super animator and now director of lots of anime episodes too its only a matter of time before he fully directs his own anime
@deg Yes he is! It's not every day that you get an episode directed and storyboarded by him, though. Love to see his presence on SLF.
Feb 11, 5:44 AM
Apr 2023
Reply to Bandanaa
@saikyozero According to AniDB, episodes 1 and 3 were directed by Ooki Hiro. Those are two of the highest priority episodes, too.
@Bandanaa Thank you! I will check out that site
Feb 11, 5:48 AM

Aug 2013
Whethermon finally got defeated. Expecting some big reward coming up at the least.
Feb 11, 5:53 AM
Aug 2020
it was wonderful, this adaptation is really good

i was scared at the beginning but wow
otakuweek on insta for News /recom etc

just have a look, you won't regret it...
Feb 11, 6:09 AM

Mar 2013
Epic conclusion for the tombguard.
He can finally die and join Setsuna in eternal death.

Btw, I'm glad to see Rei in the mini. OwO
But she's still in her own world... >_>

@karrotStick I'd like to know where you're watching but nvm, it's not allowed to ask here.
The credits ruined the end scene for me. πŸ˜–
CrazyButNot4UFeb 11, 6:25 AM
It's not that I dislike this genre but... to add unnecessary fan services to/in/for heroines
and ultimately destroys her character and personality; their purity tarnished because of it,
is the only thing I hope to not happen to them. For that sole purity is my fan service.
Feb 11, 6:15 AM
May 2021
God tier animation in this episode πŸ”₯. C2C studio went all out
Feb 11, 6:20 AM
scientia exitus

Mar 2020
CRESCENT VORPALLLL

NYANPASU
5700XT

Feb 11, 6:26 AM

Dec 2016
Asspulls, over asspulls, over asspulls.

Weapon combination. Miraculous climax event due to server bullshit. Lots of talking while bosses just stand around. Using a healing item as a revive item. Deus Ex with a magical throwing knife.

And of course more padding with rabbit waifu scenes and the SLF theatre that brings nothing to the actual story.

This shitshow is only popular due it's animation and nothing more.
Feb 11, 6:34 AM
Apr 2019
I swear this anime deserves more recognition, the last part of the fight was awesome, it really puts other anime to shame.
Feb 11, 6:34 AM

Oct 2017
Didn't expect we'd get a special ED, nice. Guys, don't skip ED for this episode!
As expected, that sad ED is for Wethermon's lore.

Tbh I think they should have give us some lore before tackling Wethermon so it'd be more emotional
As of now I don't feel anything toward their sad story cuz they didn't explain any of it, but I expect they'd do so next episode.

So basically the win condition of last phase Wethermon is the survive his ultimate move once.
I really think the dev probably need to patch that rev delay exploit mc uses since basically you can bring as many 1 hp revive item and trial and error until you figure out the timing of that move.
Since no-one really trigger that phase before, so i guess dev didn't even know such exploit exist that people can easily trial and error until they succeed if they bring x99 rev items.
They probably should patch it like : the item effect you throw disappear when your hp enters zero
Normally for trying the timing even once , you need to go through that long ass first 20 minute phases which is extremely tedious, considering this boss encounter is time gated.

Also bringing full health or half health expensive rev item is a mistake since regardless of being max hp or half hp mc still get one shot, so it's way better bringing cheap 1 hp rev item for mc because it can easily trigger his low hp move. If they bring 99x 1 hp rev item instead of full rev, the fight could have been easily cheesable.
Feb 11, 6:41 AM

Dec 2017
Reply to CrazyButNot4U
Epic conclusion for the tombguard.
He can finally die and join Setsuna in eternal death.

Btw, I'm glad to see Rei in the mini. OwO
But she's still in her own world... >_>

@karrotStick I'd like to know where you're watching but nvm, it's not allowed to ask here.
The credits ruined the end scene for me. πŸ˜–
@CrazyButNot4U
They released the full ed on their yt.
❝Kabo-chan is ran by the MAL staff team and does not respond to individual comments made on her profile.❞
I was immensely devastated.
Feb 11, 6:46 AM

Mar 2013
karrotStick said:
@CrazyButNot4U
They released the full ed on their yt.

That's wonderful. Thanks for the link. πŸ˜–
It's not that I dislike this genre but... to add unnecessary fan services to/in/for heroines
and ultimately destroys her character and personality; their purity tarnished because of it,
is the only thing I hope to not happen to them. For that sole purity is my fan service.
Feb 11, 6:47 AM
Oct 2016
That was the absolute best episode of the show so far! My goodness did that look incredible and feel incredible to watch. Sunraku doing everything he can to beat Wethermon, figuring out that lasting ten minutes isn't the condition to phase three. Pencilgon said it that the clues are in the story, Wethermon over and over saying he would not fall until Sunraku overcame his attack. That was the clue that Sunraku needed to know what his real goal is, combining those skills to create the perfect parry to Wethermon ultimate move. Combining his two moon blades using them to match Wethermon sword. The effects looked incredible in that final moment, the different colors looked beautiful clashing together. The animation and detail during the entire episode was jaw dropping, definitely the best the show has ever looked. Pencilgon and Katzo fighting the horse turned mecha looked just as good. Combining each of their skills to break through its armor to find the weak spot. The animation for that part when they finally got it was spectacular. This episode really did a great job capping off the Wethermon fight. Our three party members all did so much hard work and a lot of revival items to get it done but they did it
Feb 11, 7:03 AM

Dec 2021
Once again, the animation just went all out, and those camera movements were seriously impressive. I gotta admit, C2C must be giving their animators something special because, man, that was something else.

It's quite the coincidence they go up against this boss, the thing he bought suddenly gets a boost? I mean, who knows what he used, but it was seriously cool. Sunraku really came through, showing why they're the best. They're staying true to the whole gaming vibe, that was almost like something a final boss would say.

This arc was pretty solid. I'm curious where they'll take the story next, especially with seven episodes still to go.

Feb 11, 7:08 AM

Mar 2021
Man this show is so good, I'm glad I found this hidden gem. Can't wait for what's incoming.
Feb 11, 7:11 AM

Oct 2017
Reply to NotMyProblem
Man this show is so good, I'm glad I found this hidden gem. Can't wait for what's incoming.
@NotMyProblem Not so hidden tbh since it's like the top 5 most watched show last season.
I went to Japan this year and their manga/ anime shop is advertising both Shangara and Frieren the most.
This show is very popular in Japan too.
Feb 11, 7:22 AM
Nov 2020
Finally fight with wethermon concluded.It was breathtaking also badass at the same time.
Feb 11, 7:28 AM

Feb 2014
Simply spectacular.

If they ever release a game from this anime, it's going to be brutal.
Feb 11, 7:28 AM
Jun 2015
Reply to Dickegrobe
Fuck, let it be over already!

I should have skipped right to the end ...
@Dickegrobe

Should just drop the series so we don't have to hear more of your shitty takes.
Feb 11, 7:34 AM

Oct 2017
Reply to godavid10
Simply spectacular.

If they ever release a game from this anime, it's going to be brutal.
@godavid10
If they ever release the game, it'd be a single player game with coop function like Granblue fantasy relink.
If you release MMO with p2w raid like this, people would have a riot.

Like i said the author doesn't seem like he play much MMO at all, all these design choice is like a single player coop game. (Elden Ring/ Monster Hunter/ JRPG in general)
Considering in Japan only 7% of playerbase play MMO, it doesn't surprise me that the author doesn't know mmo design much.
In my opinion, Shangri-La is a pretty good anime , but it's a pretty shitty MMO that's anti-consumers. I dont think a game like that would succeed as a MMO at all.
Ventus_SFeb 11, 7:42 AM
Pages (4) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Abysmally slow pacing is ruining the anime

GangsterCat - Nov 19, 2023

40 by Tetraquads »»
May 28, 10:18 PM

Poll: » Shangri-La Frontier: Kusoge Hunter, Kamige ni Idoman to su Episode 25 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Mar 31

107 by Gabu-sama »»
May 28, 5:31 AM

Poll: » Shangri-La Frontier: Kusoge Hunter, Kamige ni Idoman to su Episode 19 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Feb 18

91 by Huperchild »»
May 21, 7:32 PM

Poll: » Shangri-La Frontier: Kusoge Hunter, Kamige ni Idoman to su Episode 24 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Mar 24

60 by KyoyaTempest »»
May 19, 3:54 PM

Poll: » Shangri-La Frontier: Kusoge Hunter, Kamige ni Idoman to su Episode 13 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Dec 24, 2023

91 by leeyo69 »»
May 17, 1:49 PM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.