Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
The Quintessential Quintuplets
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »
Sep 9, 2023 4:56 AM

Feb 2021
POOL TIME
It's amazing how they made such a good OP for just 2 episodes
I believe that Itsuki wasn't at any point in love with Futaro. What do you think?
15:53 Lol at Itsuki in the background. She can be really cute sometimes.
I really liked the flashbacks. It's really nice to see everything from Yotsuba's perspective. I personally liked her the most from the first impression (then Nino became my favorite tho) so I'm fine withe the ending. It makes the most sense, really.
I was hoping for a flash-forward to the movie, but the leaflet from the scene after credits is from the movie so I assume this is made for future watchers (who will watch this in chronological order).
Oh and btw the animation was reeeally nice. Sasuga Shaft.
So this is really the end of Gotoubun no Hanayome. We will never get more. Sad.
9/10 Best harem
EmbientSep 10, 2023 2:16 AM
Sep 9, 2023 5:14 AM
Aug 2022
Yeah Agreed the Opening Song is Amazing & this Anime will be always in my ❤️ as this Anime is the 1st Romance Anime I have ever watched
Sep 9, 2023 5:29 AM
Feb 2023
1hour 1min per ep?
Sep 9, 2023 5:47 AM

Jan 2018
Shaft did good on this one! I wished they did all the episodes though. <3
Sep 9, 2023 5:48 AM

Jun 2023
Reply to ran_2
1hour 1min per ep?
Man, shaft never disappoints. Visual was beautiful as always it pleases my eyes. Yotsuba's flashback especially when she met futaro the first time in canteen hits me hard :( I want to rewatch from S1 now.
Also what's with the sunrise festival in the very last scene of ichika? I can't quite remember it.

ran_2 said:
1hour 1min per ep?

It's 24 minutes each.
darksideeeSep 9, 2023 6:39 AM
Sep 9, 2023 6:37 AM
Aug 2023
where do you watch it ?
I thought it'll release during winter 2024
Sep 9, 2023 6:44 AM

Dec 2021
The fated pool episode was a joy to see.

Sep 9, 2023 6:56 AM
Mar 2021
amongus tanlines
Sep 9, 2023 7:08 AM
Aug 2022
Killama said:
amongus tanlines

is ep.2 the last episode or is it uncomming ep.3 ?
Sep 9, 2023 7:31 AM
Oct 2020
darksideee said:
Man, shaft never disappoints. Visual was beautiful as always it pleases my eyes. Yotsuba's flashback especially when she met futaro the first time in canteen hits me hard :( I want to rewatch from S1 now.
Also what's with the sunrise festival in the very last scene of ichika? I can't quite remember it.

ran_2 said:
1hour 1min per ep?

It's 24 minutes each.

I think Sunrise Festival is the cultural festival that happened in the movie.
Sep 9, 2023 7:46 AM
Apr 2023
Thebanane65 said:
where do you watch it ?

https://yugenanime.tv/watch/18396/5-toubun-no-hanayome-3hki/1/
I was wondering where to watch it too and then i tried this web and it was there and i didn't even see that the 1st ep has been alr released...
Sep 9, 2023 8:05 AM
Aug 2022
shiroyasha367 said:
Thebanane65 said:
where do you watch it ?

I was wondering where to watch it too and then i tried this web and it was there and i didn't even see that the 1st ep has been alr released...

too many ads, but thanks for the link, I'll watch it rn.
Sep 9, 2023 8:09 AM
Apr 2023
IronnHide said:
shiroyasha367 said:

too many ads, but thanks for the link, I'll watch it rn.

i am a pirate so i am used to it..💀
Sep 9, 2023 8:49 AM
Aug 2023
Does anybody know where you can watch this?
Sep 9, 2023 8:55 AM
Mar 2022
MrMoney_11 said:
Does anybody know where you can watch this?

anix.to is where I watched it
Charmander366Sep 9, 2023 8:58 AM
Sep 9, 2023 9:03 AM

Jun 2022
There's also the episodes in the official Discord of TQQ, in the #anime channel.
Sep 9, 2023 10:32 AM

Jul 2015
Ah, yes.
Pool episode with movie budget.
Boobies jiggle beautifully. Also, a lot of beautiful feet. Perfection.

Sep 9, 2023 12:29 PM
Dec 2022
shiroyasha367 said:
Thebanane65 said:
where do you watch it ?

Real MVP right here
Sep 9, 2023 12:45 PM
Jul 2023
what is this can someone tell me
Sep 9, 2023 2:18 PM
Aug 2020
this was better than the 1 st ep

i love Yotsuba, my number one girl

wow
otakuweek on insta for News /recom etc

just have a look, you won't regret it...
Sep 9, 2023 3:12 PM

Jan 2021
Yotsuba team now

I loved Miku and Nino in their respective years

but now I understand all

Yotsuba deserved it more than any of all the other girls

Sep 9, 2023 4:16 PM
Sep 2023
I'm a Team Miku since being introduced to the anime (then the manga and eventually the movie). Still would have loved if she was the one picked.

Yotsuba was the second in my list and I'm glad this side stories covered her arc very well.

This is officially the last anime adaptation of the Go-toubun series. UNLESS they develop a series of anime exclusive OVA or even shorts that are OK with Negi Haruba-sensei that would feature either:
1) An IF episode for each of the other sisters if they were the ones chosen AND/OR
2)

Those two would make the fan base swoon in my opinion. But nonetheless, this and the previous episode are masterfully made by SHAFT with a beautiful opening and ending song. One noted difference from this compared to other animation studios who adapted the series is they serious decreased the breast volume of the sisters. I wish they kept the size the same. HAHAHA.
Sep 9, 2023 5:22 PM

Apr 2022
now this was way better then ep 1 for this special. booba in movie-level animation, man the physics was off the charts. got to see goddess miku in all of her glory, thank you shaft.
Sep 9, 2023 7:54 PM
Fuwa_san

Mar 2013
Wow this 2nd special episode contains massive spoiler for the movie.

I do hope MAL will update this page's relation soon! :O
Sep 9, 2023 8:09 PM
Dec 2022
The second special was just as good as the first one! I can understand why Itsuki wanted to protect the girls from Futaro, after all there was a lot of drama during the field trip in season 2, but I'm glad everyone got past it. At the pool, I couldn't stop grinning during the reunion with Nino and Miku, the new animations sure made certain things more... impressive🫣. It was cute how Itsuki instinctively held Futaro's hand in the slide and brushed it off, for a mature-type girl, she is still a child lol, and I love how Miku was timid in the beginning but amdits that she changed. That's one of my types and why she's my favorite quint.

Yotsuba's part in this actually broke my heart! Back to the flashback I'm glad we see more of her perspective when she's with Futaro, but knowing she held back her feelings so much was too hard. She wanted to be special to stand apart from her sisters, and now she wants to be not as special than her sisters, idk if that's noble or foolish. Everyone deserves to be happy, but I don't like how some have to suffer as a price. I'm just glad Yotsuba got her ending, and the ending to the special was a smooth foreshadow to the movie!

I'm now sad again that this could be the real real end to the series, but what can we do 🤷‍♂️, but my love for them won't waver, they're still my favorite waifu's!! Quintuplets for life!!💛💜💙💚❤️
Sep 9, 2023 8:27 PM
Jan 2020
Shaft is doing wonders to convince me that shitty ending is good, the last 10 minutes alone is better than the last 2 seasons and the Movie man
Sep 9, 2023 9:48 PM
Nov 2022
It's sad that the anime was end, but as a fans... I will rewatch from beginning until the end
Sep 10, 2023 1:02 AM

Apr 2019
Words cannot express how happy watching this special made me. I say this because the second part of this episode, the Yotsuba going over her feelings about Fuutaro part, was the exact chapter that I wanted them to adapt for the movie. They kept the small pool scene, but chose to skip out on this incredibley important Yotsuba chapter, that makes her being the end girl way more sense.
But this is kind of a genius move to make, because you can watch this before or after the movie, and still get that much needed Yotsuba expostion chapter; that I really thought was needed during the film. I mean they did a whole Yotsuba expostion segement in the film, but it was chapter that made me ok with Yotsuba being the bride.

Now the way Studio Shaft chose to adapt these chapters in this specific order (93, 91, 92, and 90 instead of 90, 91, 92, and 93) made for some exceptional story telling. Because the Yotsuba chapter being told at the start of the special, although probably still being well told, just feels so much more impactful being at the end of the special. It also would've been really odd for the film to just end on Fuutaro and Nino visiting their injured boss at the hospital lol. So from a story telling perspective, it was a very genius call. Would also like to mention how I loved how each chapter was adapted and how they transitioned into the following chapters.

Again, Studio Shaft has done an tremendous job with this special. Everything about it, the ost, characterts, art, animation, story telling, it all was just so beautifully well done. Another example of why Shaft is up there with the some of the greats.
Sep 10, 2023 2:02 AM
Jun 2019
Embient said:
POOL TIME
I believe that Ituki wasn't at any point in love with Futaro. What do you think?
I really liked the flashbacks. It's really nice to see everything from Yotsuba's perspective. I personally liked her the most from the first impression (then Nino became my favorite tho) so I'm fine withe the ending. It makes the most sense, really.
I was hoping for a flash-forward to the movie, but the leaflet from the scene after credits is from the movie so I assume this is made for future watchers (who will watch this in chronological order).
9/10 Best harem

Eatsuki was in love with futaro, but her role as a mother and her drive to become a scholar who could become a teacher got in the way of an developments because she didn't prioritized it. By the time she realized she had feelings, it was too late.
Sep 10, 2023 6:16 AM
May 2021
Goatsuba coming clutch this ep, lets fckn go!
Sep 10, 2023 6:23 AM
Apr 2021
Reply to McDaddyLucifer
Embient said:
POOL TIME
I believe that Ituki wasn't at any point in love with Futaro. What do you think?
9/10 Best harem

Eatsuki was in love with futaro, but her role as a mother and her drive to become a scholar who could become a teacher got in the way of an developments because she didn't prioritized it. By the time she realized she had feelings, it was too late.
@McDaddyLucifer Nope she never had feelings
Sep 10, 2023 8:06 AM
Jul 2022
otakuweek said:

wow

definitely, your taste is so awful.

rocksuba, the worst girl ever
Sep 10, 2023 8:07 AM

Feb 2021
Finally the pool episode. This episode is clearly pandering heavily toward Yotsuba to give some insight on why Futarou made the decision that he did. That being said, I'm still on Team Itsuki. To me she has the best, most natural and organic interactions with Futarou among the quintuplets. You can totally tell they "click" with and are made for each other based on their conversations (totally not biased at all).

On the more technical side of things, the pacing is a bit out of place. It's Shaft so I'm sure a lot of fans understand what I'm talking about. The general delivery of the conversations are clearly different too, most noticeably Itsuki. It's as if the cast received an order from the sound director to speak more softly and quieter.

These 2 episodes have been a joy to watch and frankly speaking, I wish Shaft had animated at least the movie if not the whole series. I'll give this a solid 9/10.
"Nobody could laugh at someone who's trying their hardest" -Machio-

Sep 10, 2023 8:45 AM
Oct 2021
Embient said:
POOL TIME
I believe that Itsuki wasn't at any point in love with Futaro. What do you think?
9/10 Best harem

I think she had some feelings towards futaro starting from the school trip arc first season. I just think compared to the rest she isn’t that big into showing it. I also think she more cares that the quints don’t fight so she kinda tries to be the middle man shown in this episode at the pool and when she dressed up from season two
Sep 10, 2023 10:53 AM
Nov 2022
BEAUTIFUL, JUST BEAUTIFUL, THERE IS NO OTHER WAY TO DESCRIBE IT.

Finally we see everything that happened in the pool adapted and not simply a musical sequence; Itsuki as always being the best 🚬

I liked that now it is shown that Fuutaro really thinks seriously about this "love polygon" and does not leave it to the last minute (as is implied in the movie).

The most important thing: Yotsuba's background is finally shown, something that was really missing; from her falling in love with him, her recognizing Fuutaro and not telling him...

And of course, the most important thing: her giving up the only "advantage" she had so that Fuutaro could leave the past behind.

I curse the moment when Bibury Studios decided to rush the second season and eliminate so many important things, damn it.

Something I really loved was the color palette, without a doubt this is what the quintuplets should have been from the beginning 🚬

LuisSV23Sep 10, 2023 11:01 AM
Sep 10, 2023 11:56 AM
May 2023
Thanks Shaft studio for made this special episode ❤️
Sep 10, 2023 2:12 PM
Aug 2020
Reply to QinShiHuangN
otakuweek said:

wow

definitely, your taste is so awful.

rocksuba, the worst girl ever
@QinShiHuangN who are you to judge me???

you can like the girl that you prefer.

she is my number one for many reasons...
otakuweek on insta for News /recom etc

just have a look, you won't regret it...
Sep 11, 2023 1:18 AM
Jan 2022
I wish we had more yotsuba moments in the special but its over now. I know it was alot of her moments that previously occurred but I wanted a moment between her and fuutarou instead of noticing how she gave up her advantage for her sisters. still very good tho, liked the main series more but Shaft studio did a amazing job none the less!
Sep 11, 2023 2:59 AM
Jun 2022
Reply to LuisSV23
BEAUTIFUL, JUST BEAUTIFUL, THERE IS NO OTHER WAY TO DESCRIBE IT.

Finally we see everything that happened in the pool adapted and not simply a musical sequence; Itsuki as always being the best 🚬

I liked that now it is shown that Fuutaro really thinks seriously about this "love polygon" and does not leave it to the last minute (as is implied in the movie).

The most important thing: Yotsuba's background is finally shown, something that was really missing; from her falling in love with him, her recognizing Fuutaro and not telling him...

And of course, the most important thing: her giving up the only "advantage" she had so that Fuutaro could leave the past behind.

I curse the moment when Bibury Studios decided to rush the second season and eliminate so many important things, damn it.

Something I really loved was the color palette, without a doubt this is what the quintuplets should have been from the beginning 🚬

@LuisSV23
That last picture. One of the best shots I ever saw in anime. So beautiful.
jh666Sep 11, 2023 3:37 AM
Sep 12, 2023 1:28 AM

Jul 2022
Now I am much more satisfied with this chapter because of Uesugi's decision in the movie, over time I have grown fond of Yotsuba, although my team will always be Itsuki, Yotsuba was clearly the best.
Sep 12, 2023 9:57 PM

Sep 2018
What should have been in S2 or the movie, I would have felt something more for Yotsuba in that case.
Sep 13, 2023 8:36 AM
Sep 2023
its Beautifull episode
Sep 13, 2023 9:05 AM

Oct 2018
These 2 episode were enjoyable enough. I still have the movie to watch but I already got spoilers even before watching the first season so donn't mind. I don't think we are getting more adaptations of these tbh.
Sep 14, 2023 7:37 AM

Oct 2018
Now SHAFT knows how to adapt and animate in the first place. It sucks that Tezuka and Bibury adapted this series in a rushed manner. Better than the whole movie but still doesn't change the fact that the ending was meh...

“Once you've been loved once and have loved once, you cannot forget it.”
― Natsume Takashi
Sep 14, 2023 10:00 AM
🥊 CHAMPION 🥊

Apr 2016
I liked the second half, the Yotsuba feelings!!! kekeke
Sep 15, 2023 6:02 PM

Feb 2014
As expected this didn't add anything to the story. Just the same beating around the bush over and over and over; dragging out. Tiring.

Okay-ish at best.
Sep 18, 2023 6:52 PM
Sep 2019
Seperti ada yang kurang sama endingnya, karena tidak diperlihatkan nakano bersaudara ketika sudah dewasa
Sep 18, 2023 8:58 PM

Jan 2022
A very beautiful end to the animated serie of The Quintessential Quintuplets (most likely... right ?). It was stunning and I'm very happy that 5-toubun got this treatment, the op/ed were beautiful and the beach part of this episode had somes very good shaft moments if you know what I mean. AND AT LAST, we finally got an anime adaptation of chapter 90, probably the most important one of the manga, the one that made everyone hate the movie XD. Overall I'm happy that these two episodes included a few scenes unadapted, it makes anime only enjoy more the beauty that's intregral to the manga very high quality writing that I love.
I like everything, ok
Sep 20, 2023 2:12 PM

Jan 2012
I love the two episodes which covered many things which in the second season and moon didn’t include.

Yahallo!
Yatta!
Baka!

<!
"Humans, your existence was a mistake. Conflicts, lies, jealously, greed. You once caused me to lose everything and today I will devour everything... Because I am the Valkyrie Goddess">
Sep 24, 2023 11:19 PM
Nov 2019
itsuki yg rempong karena takut kedamaian saudaranya buyar
My Candies :
Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

» Why Itsuki's fan following got boomed suddenly?

BananaBond - Apr 24

13 by saketsahu »»
Apr 25, 8:51 AM

Poll: » Who would you choose ?

lightning_angad7 - Aug 12, 2023

14 by Gator »»
Mar 5, 11:50 AM

Poll: » 5-toubun no Hanayome∽ Episode 1 Discussion

Homura24 - Jul 13, 2023

38 by Gator »»
Mar 5, 11:20 AM

» How am I even suppposed to pronounce this?

enrosurobakia - Apr 2, 2023

21 by dicloflom »»
Feb 3, 12:16 AM

» Will this give a different ending to each girl?

CrowsAlchemy - May 6, 2023

14 by CarbonMD »»
Feb 2, 9:39 PM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.