Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »
Jan 27, 2023 8:51 AM

Jul 2017
Seiichi holding a mock battle against the 4 problematic students of Class F testing their magic, and the blonde tsundere "Twin Crimson Blades" twintails Helen's the first to go.

Seiichi withholding his magic, and Helen is definitely caught by surprise, even getting a boob grope is already commendable enough. As for the guys, sparring on a 3 vs. 1 only makes sense from Brud's request, and Seiichi pulling the Stephen Chow "Kung-Fu Hustle" move on them settles the match. The realization from Beatrice-sensei that all 4 students have some form of magic resistance to the point of not being able to use magic and are ridiculed as the fools of the Barbador Magic Academy, it's painful for them to be bullied and ridiculed, just like Seiichi back in his world before reincarnation. The need to unlock their potential is there...and mofo Lincoln makes a return.

Thinking of a way to enable magic on Class F, the skill inflicted...has that typical hilarity vibe to it that's unnecessarily long. But regardless, the deed is done, and Brud's implementation of a Saturday Night Fever that invokes deja vu, it's good for them to finally be able to use magic. The weird part is where Karen Kannazuki suddenly props up on Artoria and Lulune to smell of Seiichi's presence, and sure enough, she finds him in the magic academy, reunited with all of his harem on scene.

Trouble is slowly coming, seeping. But enough with the JoJo faces already.
KANLen09Jan 28, 2023 1:04 AM
Jan 27, 2023 8:57 AM

Apr 2014
This took a long time, but FINALLY! FINALLY! Karen met Seiichi.
何それ?意味分かんない
Jan 27, 2023 9:08 AM

Dec 2018
What a clusterfuck of an anime
The Industrial Revolution and its consequences have been a disaster for the human race.

Jan 27, 2023 9:27 AM
Nov 2019
wtf happened to the show? All the jokes they make are not remotely funny, heck it is so cringe I almost stopped watching. The anime keeps interrupting what should have been serious moments with weird and unfunny jokes like in between the 4 students crying about not being able to use magic and while the mc is trying to use a spell to cure them. Even when they got their magic, it just lead to a nonsensical cutscene of them using their power as if they where a magical girl/male idol/josuke which was just cringe rather than funny. I thought season 2 will be great with the  GREAT op and cinematography of the op and overall better animation, but they just had to ruin it with weird directing, weird placement of jokes and just bad story telling overall. Was the light novel this bad or is this just the directors/producers fucking up what could have been a 7.5/10 anime to a 4.5/10 anime?
Jan 27, 2023 9:36 AM

Feb 2019
Damn how far is the magic academy from that cave? I swear the new bad guys been walking like 3 weeks lmao

A regression for sure in this show. First couple episodes I thought were solid and that we might have something decent here. Ended up falling back into the cringe humour, awful animation and just really bad story that plagued season 1.
Jan 27, 2023 9:46 AM

Jul 2019
I'm glad they decided to finally let him meet one of his classmates but this story's pacing and constant interuptions from the flow, as most others pointed out, is very annoying. Some or most of the attempts at comedy are not really funny at all. Even now at the end of this episode they set the stage up for an epic battle but the preview is hinting at another interuption of the story flow via a flashback of the relationship between the MC and his classmate.
Jan 27, 2023 9:49 AM
Mar 2018
Finally after two years, he finally meets his classmate.
Jan 27, 2023 10:00 AM

Mar 2021
Lin<🔔> is back... Hell Yeah!!!
The episode was really wild!!

So many JoJo references, Weird magic incantations... Seriously wtf is happening here?
Jan 27, 2023 10:18 AM

Mar 2013
Another weird episode... lmao

Seiichi's skill names are really weird and they really skipped the parts where it matters, like "how Seiichi created his magic" were mostly adapted from the first season iirc or gave us some infos about them... but this time, the adaptation is always random and most important side monologues were probably skipped.

Finally, the reunion... from where I stopped... 👀

Saria's interruption is really annoying before the transition to another perspective. It really isn't needed and they are probably just using that kind of tactic to... well... I won't say it.

I don't really want to ruin your enjoyment but the Jojo's reference is really getting overused... and their effects are lessening every time it is used constantly... for me anyway.
CrazyButNot4UJan 27, 2023 10:25 AM
It's not that I dislike this genre but... to add unnecessary fan services to/in/for heroines
and ultimately destroys her character and personality; their purity tarnished because of it,
is the only thing I hope to not happen to them. For that sole purity is my fan service.
Jan 27, 2023 12:03 PM

Dec 2022
it looks like sechii finally reunited with his old friends
Jan 27, 2023 12:16 PM
Dec 2022
Students at a magic academy but can't use magic. That type of bullying if one of the worst in isekai. Luckily Seiichi has some freaky luck skills that can help anyone! What is with Kannazuki and his scent? Is she a dog or something? I'm finally glad someone from the other world reunites with Seiichi, and Ar's the one who's always the most triggered when it comes to another girl XD. I can't wait to hear more of their past relationship.
Jan 27, 2023 12:38 PM

Feb 2022
I can’t stand Karen and we barely know her, the smell gag over and over… I wonder if they’ll explain why those students had their magic sealed or if it be glossed over. 
Jan 27, 2023 2:17 PM

Nov 2016
Karen keeps smelling, Lulune keeps eating, the villains keep walking and this show keeps being fun.

One Piece episode 914 & 915 & 1027 were a mistake and 957 brought the salvation - FMmatron

Jan 27, 2023 3:20 PM

Dec 2013
I liked this episode but they really need to bring down all the jojo references, overdoing it too much.
Jan 27, 2023 3:32 PM
Aug 2017
At long last, the season has finally started in episode 3 with the story actually unfolding. The plot is starting to materialize, the characters are starting to act more like they did in season 1, and the parodical nonsense was toned down.

I almost dropped the series but super relieved that season 2 is kind of resembling what I liked about season 1: an actual story with a plot, likeable characters, and occasional randomness for entertainment. If episode 4 reverts to the pacing and overuse of parody then I'm definitely dropping it. 
Jan 27, 2023 4:08 PM
Apr 2022
this is all i have to say, pretty self explanatory
Jan 27, 2023 5:22 PM
Deadhead

Dec 2018
It was this episode that I started to notice some issues with this second season, first they’re overusing the Jojo style reactions, it was funny the first couple times but now I’m not so into it lol, and another example of a joke being overdone was the really long spell Seichi used to allow class F to use their magic again, which was funny at first but then they went and repeated it for no reason. It also seems they blew their budget load in the first episode because the art and animation haven’t been as good since, but that was the case with the first season too.

And lastly I’m staring to feel the slowness of the plot, last episode I didn’t notice but this time I did and while I may not be watching for the plot necessarily it’s definitely slow moving lol. But there were still more than a few funny bits in this one, the bear guy holding up “lol” was one of my favorites for sure, I also liked the callback to President Lincoln lol. And now Seichi has finally met up with Kannazuki after she smelled Lulune and Artoria lol, maybe some interesting stuff will happen next time with these villains too.
Jan 27, 2023 5:24 PM
Personified

Sep 2022
Seiichi's fight against the f-class students went as you would expect it to. It ended with him allowing all those students to be able to use magic, which was nice to see and he gained all of their respects!!

Abraham Lincoln returns lol and the random as JoJo references keep appearing.

Karen finally finds Seiichi, hopefully his whole class see's him next episode and those 2 at the end are about to cause a lot of trouble. 

Next episode about to be a busy one for sure!!

Jan 27, 2023 5:26 PM
Dec 2021
CripDip said:
wtf happened to the show? All the jokes they make are not remotely funny, heck it is so cringe I almost stopped watching. The anime keeps interrupting what should have been serious moments with weird and unfunny jokes like in between the 4 students crying about not being able to use magic and while the mc is trying to use a spell to cure them. Even when they got their magic, it just lead to a nonsensical cutscene of them using their power as if they where a magical girl/male idol/josuke which was just cringe rather than funny. I thought season 2 will be great with the  GREAT op and cinematography of the op and overall better animation, but they just had to ruin it with weird directing, weird placement of jokes and just bad story telling overall. Was the light novel this bad or is this just the directors/producers fucking up what could have been a 7.5/10 anime to a 4.5/10 anime?

I read manga and it was definitely not like this, they fked the story in anime
Jan 27, 2023 5:26 PM
Jan 2022
yeah agree with others:
- a bit too much jojo-face
- a bit too slow given the lack of plot of character progression per episode. I love slow shows a lot of the time, but that usually comes from developing characters and relationships in that time, or deep worldbuilding. which is not the case here
Jan 27, 2023 5:28 PM
Jul 2018
JoJo Faces: The Animation.

That's it, that's the show.
Jan 27, 2023 6:31 PM

Jan 2021
Sometimes I really don't know what they're going for with this anime. They try to be serious, but any tension that is built up immediately comes crashing down in a matter of seconds. They try to be funny, but they suck at it. There are plenty of shows that manage to make seriousness and comedy work together, but this clearly isn't one of them.

Jan 27, 2023 6:50 PM

Feb 2020

the tsundere student has some nice breasts, would make for an interesting girlfriend if added to the pile.

Jan 27, 2023 6:52 PM

Feb 2020
KanameYuuki said:
I liked this episode but they really need to bring down all the jojo references, overdoing it too much.
yeah that and the smelling gag were pretty cringe they are certainly overdoing some things with this lol

Jan 27, 2023 9:29 PM

Oct 2013
This Season sucks ass. The jokes are lame as fuck and they've completely changed and ruined the story.

Everyone I know has already dropped this shit adaptation. But I'm a masochist idiot I guess cause I'll keep going just to see how much more they ruin a show that used to be good but now is just smooth brain fodder.....
Jan 27, 2023 9:49 PM

Oct 2013
Also Ill just say this....... Evolution Fruit has been less enjoyable to watch than Iceblade sorcerer!

So yeah let that sink in.......

S2 so bad it making peeps drop faster than chlorine gas on the western front!
Collins89Jan 27, 2023 9:56 PM
Jan 27, 2023 10:37 PM

Feb 2011
I hate the format of the show. It ends too soon with the school stuff and I don't care at all about the demon invasion or whatever at the end of the episodes.

Why is saria giving us a recap at the end

2/10

Jan 27, 2023 11:41 PM
Jul 2014
It's just so sad what's happening to this show. Season 1 wasn't exactly great, but it knew it was trash and ran with it in just the right way. It was *fun*. It had heart.

This season just seems like someone read a plot summary of the first season, didn't read any of the actual source material, then wrote a "better" version, with memez to appeal to the kidz. So, y'know, they gave it to the Netflix writers.
Jan 28, 2023 12:01 AM
Mar 2012
way improved from episode 2, but there's still some pointless recap. Let's hope 2 was just an anomaly.
Jan 28, 2023 3:51 AM
Nov 2021
this is pathetic ! i Don't know why I liked the first season but too much stupidity .. too irritating pathetic shit!
Jan 28, 2023 4:11 AM

Jun 2016
i dunno why , but this show so interesting always !!
Jan 28, 2023 7:04 AM

Oct 2017
Seichi finally reunited with Kannazuki, great. Seichi helping class f getting their magic was nice.
Jan 28, 2023 10:34 PM
Oct 2022
For sure this season will tell those people who says what's so funny about it.
Jan 29, 2023 1:24 PM
Shalltear

Apr 2018
Ah so they were students that couldn't use magics... damn it got resolved so quickly xD
Jan 29, 2023 3:04 PM

Jun 2015
Kalanjay321 said:
this is pathetic ! i Don't know why I liked the first season but too much stupidity .. too irritating pathetic shit!

Explain yourself or no longer post in this series again. Gfy.
To have you, Id give a billion lives A-Chan best girl
Jan 29, 2023 3:12 PM

Jun 2015
Collins89 said:
Also Ill just say this....... Evolution Fruit has been less enjoyable to watch than Iceblade sorcerer!

Is this a reference to the main voice actor being dropped from this clip due to questionable activity, completely destroying any future shows of Rick and Morty being watchable, I'm out. No point if main character been cancelled. I get you.

At least s2 of Shin Shinka no Mi: Shiranai Uchi ni Kachigumi Jinsei got some clout. Ps. Chlorine was very short lived and did little damage in the war. Heck, get yourself down to the local swimming pool and bask in it. What a silly analogy to make.

Roch2001Jan 29, 2023 3:18 PM
Jan 29, 2023 3:32 PM
May 2021
nothing so adventures always able to make spell whenever wanted
Feb 1, 2023 8:10 AM

Jan 2021
This is so cringe. I'm barely watching it. What's with those jojo faces?
Roxy

Feb 1, 2023 2:26 PM
Jul 2021
If im not mistaken I think the original story seichii has 8 students?
Main Candy:
Bonus Candy:
Feb 2, 2023 5:40 PM

Oct 2013
Roch2001 said:
Collins89 said:

Is this a reference to the main voice actor being dropped from this clip due to questionable activity, completely destroying any future shows of Rick and Morty being watchable, I'm out. No point if main character been cancelled. I get you.

At least s2 of Shin Shinka no Mi: Shiranai Uchi ni Kachigumi Jinsei got some clout. Ps. Chlorine was very short lived and did little damage in the war. Heck, get yourself down to the local swimming pool and bask in it. What a silly analogy to make.

hahaha yeah it was a silly analogy I just didn't have anything better right then!
I think watching this anime made me dumber so couldn't think of anything funnier.

Also I didn't think of it at the time about the correlation between Rick and Morty and dropping shit.
But yeah nice catch, probably not worth watching Rick and Morty anymore.
Feb 3, 2023 11:37 AM

Jun 2015
@Collins89 at the very least the next eps is pretty epic, well I thought so. I can check your profile and enjoy the hamster eating a banana, unless its a guinea pig :D if the show gets too boring ;)
Feb 5, 2023 3:55 AM
#FreeWatermelon

Feb 2020
Interesting to see Lincoln comes back to make students received blessing from Lord Seiichi. Tsundere blonde surely fell hard right there and don't worry about the lame-ass fight Its not important...

However, after being disgusting, smelling another woman without hesitate, Kannazuki finally met with Lord Seiichi. What lies behind their unexpected reunion?
Hide and seek is the best offline games on this fatamorgana-called-world-thing. Please comment nicely. I am newbie here.

I'm level on mal-badges. View my badges
Feb 5, 2023 11:02 PM

Nov 2020
what's with all these jojo shots lmao
Feb 12, 2023 2:10 PM
Nov 2021
Roch2001 said:
Kalanjay321 said:

what's your problem dude?
Feb 12, 2023 2:23 PM
Nov 2021
Roch2001 said:
Kalanjay321 said:

are you some kind of childish fanboy who likes even cringe shit?
Feb 13, 2023 6:59 PM
May 2021
They added random anime references that were not in the manga, which slow that pacing of the show and makes it so awaited scenes keep getting pushed back. The translation for the english subbed episodes is extremely bad, makes it seem like some kid translated it and tried to sound cool. Some scenes were changed around, which takes away the original meaning of that scene. Overall this season should have been made if it continues
Mar 3, 2023 11:56 AM
Oct 2020
This whole anime is a shit post and only exists so they can make references to other anime that are actually worth watching.
Apr 10, 2023 7:48 AM

Aug 2018
Will the cringe ever stop?
Apr 11, 2023 9:09 AM
Mar 2022
Kannazuki her hypersensitive nose and Seiichi were finally reunited, along with his loving wife, girlfriend, servent, little sister and a protege in a pear tree. OH MY!
Dec 15, 2023 7:24 PM

Feb 2019
i was about to get pissed if she missed seeing seiichi at the cafeteria, but how will his harem react to this new addition(?) to their growing family? hmmm
Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Shin Shinka no Mi: Shiranai Uchi ni Kachigumi Jinsei Episode 7 Discussion ( 1 2 )

KANLen09 - Feb 24, 2023

54 by Matiasa »»
Apr 19, 6:17 PM

Poll: » Shin Shinka no Mi: Shiranai Uchi ni Kachigumi Jinsei Episode 4 Discussion

Marinate1016 - Feb 3, 2023

46 by Jonathas_Michael »»
Apr 13, 3:06 PM

Poll: » Shin Shinka no Mi: Shiranai Uchi ni Kachigumi Jinsei Episode 5 Discussion

KANLen09 - Feb 10, 2023

29 by Gutzdeep42 »»
Mar 14, 8:52 PM

Poll: » Shin Shinka no Mi: Shiranai Uchi ni Kachigumi Jinsei Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 )

KANLen09 - Mar 31, 2023

88 by x0xKalipsox0x »»
Feb 20, 5:20 AM

Poll: » Shin Shinka no Mi: Shiranai Uchi ni Kachigumi Jinsei Episode 6 Discussion

KANLen09 - Feb 17, 2023

23 by LeenPhoenixRae »»
Jan 31, 10:30 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.