Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
Dec 21, 2022 9:20 AM
Mar 2022
I'm quite curious how much y'all relate on the characters and why.

For me it's Bocchi because of her social anxiety and I can relate to most of her trouble. I'm mostly alone and don't have anyone to talk with, some says I'm hard to approach and when some did go to try to talk to me I'll just be a nuisance and won't actually give much onto the topic they're having.

So once again, which character can you relate the most and why?
It's fine if you don't relate to any of them, I'm just curious and want to know.
RiruGemuDec 21, 2022 9:46 AM
Pages (2) [1] 2 »
Dec 21, 2022 9:28 AM
Sep 2020
I can relate really well with Bocchi but in the ep were they went sightseeing with the band I can relate to Kita in wanting to explore and get the full experience
Dec 21, 2022 9:39 AM

Mar 2021
i cant play musical instruments so none
Dec 21, 2022 9:39 AM
Apr 2022
RiruGemu said:

For me it's Bocchi because of her social anxiety and I can relate to most of her trouble. I'm mostly alone and don't have anyone to talk with, some says I'm hard to approach and when some did go to try to talk to me I'll just be a nuisance and won't actually give much onto the topic they're having.

I don’t really relate to any of them. As an introvert I believe that Bocchi is not an accurate representation of introverts. I find it to be a good funny show but I don’t think anyone should be able to relate to it
Dec 21, 2022 9:52 AM
Feb 2022
Rimusimp said:
RiruGemu said:

I don’t really relate to any of them. As an introvert I believe that Bocchi is not an accurate representation of introverts. I find it to be a good funny show but I don’t think anyone should be able to relate to it

as an introvert who relates to bocchi i disagree
Dec 21, 2022 9:53 AM

Apr 2021
Bocchi when we're talking about social skills and Ryou when we're talking about music.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Dec 21, 2022 9:58 AM

Jan 2021
As a person with social anxiety, I think Bocchi is a very accurate and albeit extreme representation of social anxiety. I relate to both Bocchi and Ryou, it really just depends on who I’m surrounded by and what mood I’m in. In a musical stance, I still relate to both.
under”Mebius” is my salvation

Dec 21, 2022 10:10 AM
Apr 2022
grape7676 said:
Rimusimp said:

Atleast for me an introvert isn’t someone who can’t function as a human but rather someone who is just drained from hanging out with others. So I ended up feeling it was to stupid and absurd to be an actual portrayal of introvertedness. To each their own I guess
Dec 21, 2022 10:12 AM
Mar 2020
Bocchi because of the social anxiety. And honestly, for me it's almost to the point that Bocchi has in the anime.
Dec 21, 2022 10:14 AM

Aug 2018
none of them. None of the side characters are fleshed out enough to be relatable and Bocchi is kind of a self-important jerk.
Dec 21, 2022 10:29 AM
Sep 2021
Rimusimp said:
RiruGemu said:

Bocchi doesn't represent introverts.
She (comically) represents people with extreme social anxiety.
Ryou represents a normal introvert much more.
Dec 21, 2022 10:43 AM
Jun 2020
I'm Bocchi and Ryo Fusion.
Dec 21, 2022 10:47 AM
Apr 2022
SusFishEnjyoer said:
Rimusimp said:

Bocchi doesn't represent introverts.
She (comically) represents people with extreme social anxiety.
Ryou represents a normal introvert much more.
Well I have social anxiety as well. It’s just not something where I can’t speak with humans, it’s rather that I am constantly considering what others are thinking about me and I am not confident. My point still stands. It’s ok if you want to relate to one of them but I personally don’t think they are relatable in any way
Dec 21, 2022 10:55 AM
Mar 2021
Rimusimp said:
grape7676 said:

Atleast for me an introvert isn’t someone who can’t function as a human but rather someone who is just drained from hanging out with others. So I ended up feeling it was to stupid and absurd to be an actual portrayal of introvertedness. To each their own I guess

Bocchi isn't exactly an introvert, she has more social anxiety. Bocchi wants/tries to talk to others, it's just that she can't because of her anxiety, Ryo, on the other hand, would be a better example of an introvert since she is lonely by choice.
Dec 21, 2022 11:28 AM

Feb 2020
Hmm... Probably Ryou.
Dec 21, 2022 11:31 AM

Sep 2020
*relate to* and my answer is none of them. It is an anime, ofc everything about the characters will be exaggerated.

"๐’ฎ๐‘œ๐“‚๐‘’๐“‰๐’พ๐“‚๐‘’๐“ˆ, ๐“Ž๐‘œ๐“Š ๐’ธ๐’ถ๐“ƒ'๐“‰ ๐“‚๐‘œ๐“‹๐‘’ ๐’ป๐‘œ๐“‡๐“Œ๐’ถ๐“‡๐’น ๐“Œ๐’พ๐“‰๐’ฝ๐‘œ๐“Š๐“‰ ๐’ธ๐“๐‘œ๐“ˆ๐’พ๐“ƒ๐‘” ๐“‰๐’ฝ๐‘’ ๐’น๐‘œ๐‘œ๐“‡ ๐’ท๐‘’๐’ฝ๐’พ๐“ƒ๐’น ๐“Ž๐‘œ๐“Š."- ๐‘…๐‘’๐’พ ๐’ฆ๐’พ๐“‡๐’พ๐“Ž๐’ถ๐“‚๐’ถ

Dec 21, 2022 12:03 PM
Jul 2022
Ryu is quite literally just like me personality wise
Dec 21, 2022 12:30 PM
Oct 2022
It’s gotta be bocchi she’s just like me fr
Dec 21, 2022 12:37 PM

Jan 2022
It’s gotta be bocchi she’s just like me fr (x2)

plus I can play the guitar
-insert NGE meme here-
Dec 21, 2022 1:17 PM
Oct 2020
Bocchi. I'm also quite introverted and, although I don't have so much social anxiety as her, I'm like in a middle point where I understand it and I don't believe that's exaggerated or nothing like that.
Dec 21, 2022 1:21 PM

Feb 2021
To Bocchi because just like her I'm a guitarist who had social anxiety and was too afraid to perform in front of anyone.

And as a bonus I also just recently started working at a restaurant like her.
Dec 21, 2022 1:37 PM

Jul 2022
Hitori is the closest I can relate to. Since I play an eguitar and I have social anxiety but not as serious as hers.
Kek

Dec 21, 2022 2:15 PM
Jul 2021
Bocchi because of social anxiety and being introverted and Ryou because of being broke
Dec 21, 2022 2:15 PM

Oct 2014
Bocchi because, yes.
It's Morbin' Time!
Dec 21, 2022 2:27 PM
Jul 2022
Bocchi. I want to drop out of high school too. Also I want money and people to love me too. This is the show that I have related to the most out of every thing this season.
Dec 21, 2022 3:30 PM
Jun 2022
These girls are hyperbolised versions of real types of people. So we can only approximately connect real person and anime character. About the main topic. As a closest type of my behaviour in society is Hitori (Bocchi). As a best girlfriend through them 4, I choose Ryou. About first I think it is understandable. About second, why Ryou? Because:
Bocchi - too shy and not as good as you think (I know about what I'm talking, I know some real girls like Bocchi, it is a bad gf)
Nijika and Kita - same problem, too energetic, too positive.

And the main thing, if count all girls from the anime...
Ijichi Seika (Nijika's sister) and Hiroi Kikuri are better than main girls, in my opinion. First is almost the best gf for me, personally. And the second one is nice for evenings in bar(pub) and nice night, hehe.
I am not native speaker, so try to understand my speech
Dec 21, 2022 3:51 PM
Dec 2021
ryo because she's quiet but chill about it
Dec 21, 2022 5:00 PM
Jul 2018
Bocchi when I was younger and overthought every social interaction. As an adult I relate most to Kikuri. I know what that “happiness spiral” feels like
Dec 21, 2022 5:34 PM
Sep 2022
I'd say I relate to Nijika the most because I'm just a normal dude who plays the drums
Dec 21, 2022 5:52 PM
Jan 2021
generally I relate to every member of Kessoku Band in different ways, but mostly I relate to Bocchi, as I expect most people talking about an anime like this on a forum on the internet will lol
Dec 21, 2022 6:04 PM

Jun 2021
Rimusimp said:
RiruGemu said:

The thing is, Bocchi is not really an introvert by choice. She wants to make friends and hang out. She wants to try new things. She wants to become well-liked and popular. The only thing holding her back is the crippling social anxiety that stunts her confidence. So I can see why some introverts wouldn't relate to her desires and motivations.

If you an introvert by choice, Ryo is probably the more relatable one. She doesn't really like to do social activities and prefers alone time.
I like apple pie. I also like gaming. Man's two greatest inventions.

Dec 21, 2022 6:13 PM

Jun 2021
Ignoring their musical skills, I don't think I could point to any particular character on screen and yell "that's me!" Instead, I can relate to one or two core aspects each character (including side characters) have. So while I definitely don't have Bocchi's social anxiety, I can relate to being afraid of making new friends through my own will. While I can't say I avoid hanging out with others like Ryo, I definitely get the feeling of wanting to stay inside by myself rather than dragged out to new places with others. And so on and so on...

The effect of this is making me take interest in every character's growth rather than focusing on one particular person. No matter who is on screen, I'm interested in their actions and seeing what will come next for them. I'm not saying this is the "correct way" to enjoy Bocchi the Rock, but it is what I found to be best for me.
I like apple pie. I also like gaming. Man's two greatest inventions.

Dec 21, 2022 6:23 PM
Dec 2017
None of them, and if you really can, then you probably have some unresolved issues, which you should work on.

These characters are hyperboles of already unhealthy behaviors found in people, but at least they are really young, and at that age, you can have far more behavior issues, and can still grow out most of them. However, you should take away from the show, that even Bocchi knows, how fcked up she is and she tries to change that, and grow, which is one of the things I like about the show. It has Welcome to NHK vibes in a much lighter tone, a show that had a big impact on my life (and its amongst my favorites, even though I couldn't say I actually enjoyed most of it, but entertainment wasn't its purpose).

You shouldn't relate to them in a way, that makes you feel relaxed or complacent, just because in the show Bocchi still gets friends, and has fun so she (or you) is okay the way she is, because even she knows that she is not okay, and in real life, you don't get wonderful friends and get successful with your hobby without changing if you start from a similar point (unless you are a one a million extremely lucky person, but you shouldn't gamble on that).

I think I would get along best with Hiroi and Ryou, the former because she drinks her weight, is really crazy, and would be really fun to be around, and the latter because she has a similarly dark and sarcastic sense of humor to mine, and I like people like her both as friends and girlfriends (except her constant nagging for money, and unreliable repays). As looks go, PA-san is the most attractive to me, but we don't know anything about her personality.
Dec 21, 2022 6:25 PM

Sep 2021
If I were to remove all the exaggeration and form a realistic image of the characters in my mind then I guess Ryo would be the closest if I squint hard enough 
Dec 21, 2022 6:40 PM

Oct 2021
None, well maybe Nijika sister, cause I also want to have a studio like that.
Dec 21, 2022 6:49 PM

Oct 2021
Bocchi in terms of having social anxiety.
Dec 21, 2022 6:50 PM
Apr 2022
ApplePieHunter said:
Rimusimp said:

The thing is, Bocchi is not really an introvert by choice. She wants to make friends and hang out. She wants to try new things. She wants to become well-liked and popular. The only thing holding her back is the crippling social anxiety that stunts her confidence. So I can see why some introverts wouldn't relate to her desires and motivations.

If you an introvert by choice, Ryo is probably the more relatable one. She doesn't really like to do social activities and prefers alone time.   
Yeah i still think that none of them are relatable. Ryo is just an asshole, and bocchi is hella over the top and can't function in a normal society
Dec 21, 2022 7:36 PM

May 2019
None of them are relatable in any sense. Bocchi is just your typical socially anxious kid that are highly exaggerated with those visual gags. Her character are always freaking out and die inside then repeat for every single eps. The studio is really good on how to mask all of that with just visual scenes and it becomes a hit. The other girls are never really fleshed out since it's always about bocchi being the butt of the joke. Their design is generic for a cute girl show. None of them are even that encouraging her to be less shy or really comfort her when she freaks out. They are just standing there commenting mean things about it. In other words it's just a very surface level representation of social anxiety. I guess it should be fine if it were meant for comedy. But at this point it becomes very boring when it always stems from her freaking out.

Dec 21, 2022 8:04 PM
Mar 2021
Definitely Ryo, I like to be alone, I don’t mind hanging out with people but I rather prefer to have a few friends
Dec 21, 2022 8:26 PM

Jul 2019
I just enjoy watching them all together. Not sure about relating to it. 

Dec 22, 2022 12:35 AM

Jan 2018
None and if you relate to any of them go outside and work on your social skills
Dec 22, 2022 1:42 AM
Oct 2022
Definitely Bocchi or Ryou. I’m a mix of both, I like to occasionally socialize, but I lean more towards being like Ryou in school because I kind of distance myself from others because I like being alone.
Dec 22, 2022 2:54 AM
Sep 2020
Bocchi, Because i'm an introvert
Dec 22, 2022 4:23 AM

Mar 2011
Bocchi is also relatable to someone who is successful. She spent years improving her guitar skills and now she is good at it. Relatable to someone who put in the time and effort to perfect their craft.
Dec 22, 2022 9:18 AM
Aug 2017
Disregarding the musical aspect, Kita. I'm an outgoing extrovert but I have social anxiety like she does in which she wants to be a people pleaser but doesn't know if what she is doing is always the correct thing. Also she hides any and all embarrassing aspects of herself and, like bocchi, has freak out moments when they arise.
Dec 22, 2022 10:10 AM
Oct 2017
Ryou...

Why?
1. Play bass
2. Introvert, but no necessarily asocial
3. Penniless
Dec 22, 2022 2:38 PM

Jun 2021
i like dark and gloomy places

introvertness is an art

so bocchi
deep fried lettuce

^i snitched this from a dude's forum signature^

Dec 22, 2022 6:18 PM
Dec 2022
Bocchi.

I’m socially awkward and had no friends until a couple months ago. Also I like playing music (though I play the piano, not the guitar), so she’s like me fr.
Dec 22, 2022 6:42 PM
Dec 2016
In terms of instrument played it's Nijika, but in term of personality I'd say Ryo. I don't hate interacting with people, it's just that I don't want to most of the time. That's why Ryo is my favorite between the 4.
Dec 22, 2022 10:24 PM
Jan 2019
Ryou. Not because she’s broke or because she eats weeds. She dresses up cool and yeah Ryou cool. I mean come on she looked so good in that maid outfit, but also in that suit

EDIT oh yeah Bocchi I play lead guitar lol. I’m gonna hit the 3 year milestone in March :)
Yinkie66Dec 22, 2022 10:35 PM
Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

» Kessoku Band on The First Take!!!

Dbagas8 - Jun 7

14 by N1cklz »»
Today, 2:52 AM

Poll: » Bocchi the Rock! Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

KANLen09 - Oct 22, 2022

283 by japN1k »»
Yesterday, 8:08 AM

Poll: » Bocchi the Rock! Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

KANLen09 - Oct 29, 2022

272 by WispyUmbra »»
Jun 7, 11:12 AM

Poll: » Bocchi the Rock! Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

KANLen09 - Oct 15, 2022

312 by Harith29m »»
Jun 4, 3:48 AM

Poll: » Bocchi the Rock! Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

KANLen09 - Dec 10, 2022

238 by uc207Pr4f57t9 »»
Jun 1, 7:23 AM
Itโ€™s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.