Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (10) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »
Sep 26, 2022 5:28 AM

Nov 2011
Ah, Kei owes Ayanokouji big time although I have to admit that she's taking this well after being attacked and bullied so much in these recent episodes.

Mayo also asked him on a date because you know, he impressed her so much. Seems like this finale took place around Christimas time. Compared to some of the other episodes, his one was chill without as much as drama. I guess they wanted to end this 2nd season on lighter terms and I thought the episode is kinda cute.

Looking forward to season 3.

Jul 2017
Ryuen is pretty much done as Mio tries to find for him and Ayanokouji sets his sight on him, while Karuizawa thorughout her ordeal, comes to realize that she has feelings for the former. This is definitely Volume 7.5 cramped into an entire episode.

Sato asking for dating advice from Karuizawa to form her dating plan with Ayanokouji since she has experience with Hirata, and doing all at one go on Christmas seems excessive for a first date. And to make matters more perplexed for the latter, Sato requesting a double date makes her feelings more frazzled if Ayanokouji is gonna use her as a tool or purely for romance. And as it as, the man himself requesting the same info from Karuizawa, it's hard to tell what exactly the mastermind is thinking.

Suzune's inquisition into the Student Council by her own upstanding brother from Ayanokouji's info (which the former will not relent), and the meeting with Ryuen on Christmas Eve to close up the plan's puzzle and discuss about the only rodent left that is Kushida, he's hell bent on getting her expelled.

The Christmas double date goes as intended as the 4 people spend the day together, and all seems as Sato's plans were slowly coming into fruition, but she just couldn't figure out Ayanokouji's train of thoughts for him to accept her as boyfriend-girlfriend. As expected, he can only trust in Karuizawa, and his affection is piled along with his present to her being cold medicine and calling her by her first name, Kei.

The girl's feelings for the boy's absolute pawn, this relationship will really test of their resilience going forward in Season 3, as Arisu makes her grand entrance with knowledge of the White Room, capable of replacing the ultimate genius that is the son.

A series that just continues its horrific adaptation, Season 3 to roll on next year.
Gonna watch the anime towards the end of the 1st Year arc.
KANLen09Sep 26, 2022 7:02 AM

May 2020
The art of cramming a whole volume in a single episode, I bet no one can master it the way Lerche has. So volume 7.5 in a speedrun version for you all.

They started with the date part, double date part with Satou proposing the offer and Karuizawa, even while hesitating a bit, accepted. Though she’s going through a whole lot of conflicting emotions herself lol. The guy who used you all along, had you bullied not once but twice, and is still planning to keep you by his side given how “valuable” you are.. can’t help but fall for that guy, right? Because yeah love is twisted.

They even crammed the Horikita conversation and the Ryuuen one too, haha who’s even surprised. Though one thing to take, class D will be the new class C next semester. Means next season.

Satou got rejection and Karuizawa.. some cold tablets and of course acceptance. Sakanayagi cliffhanger to end this season, though it should’ve been there after the sports festival arc.. and that’s it.

Though when all is said and done, the season was just average at best. Sloppy animation, a whole lot of content cut and.. can write a bit more but okay, people have already whined a lot. One can hope season 3 to be a bit better but yeah one can only hope.
Sep 26, 2022 5:40 AM
Jul 2022
Not as interesting as First season
Sep 26, 2022 5:53 AM

Oct 2021
so it ends and now we have to wait another year what a bummer...
Sep 26, 2022 6:06 AM

Jan 2021
Final episode, here we go, my condolences to volume 7.5

And...yep that was definitely episode 13 lmao
It wasn't too bad but it wasn't anything outstanding, the ending was a bit abrupt and they ended up not even giving Arisu her line of how long it's been which is a shame but here's hoping season 3 will be better.

I felt like the dialogue Kiyo had when talking about Kei felt so out of place though, it should have been put as the ending dialogue as last weeks episode instead...
Volume 11.5 being covered in one episode in the future worries me but it is what is.

Overall I enjoyed this for what it was and I'm thankful we are even getting another season at all.

7/10

LoreMasterDanSep 26, 2022 6:23 AM
Sep 26, 2022 6:14 AM

Jun 2019
LOL... so Volume 7.5 got concluded in this single episode. No wonder, I felt something off about it. Welp, let's just wait for 3rd season that's going to be airing in 2023 and hope it gets a better adaptation than this one both in terms of animation and pacing. I definitely think it could've been better, but there's nothing else you can do about it since it managed to get a second and third season in the first place.

Off to the next season.
Sep 26, 2022 6:15 AM

Jan 2018
Winter has come...

Looks like that'll be it for Season 2, what a ride!

See you soon, Season 3.
Sep 26, 2022 6:28 AM
Feb 2021
3 girls gawdaym!!!
Sep 26, 2022 6:28 AM

Oct 2017
Kei down bad, she was adorable the entire episode. Though it was all according to Ayanokouji's plan kek. Still I liked Kei x Kiyotaka moments this episode and the entire season. This season really made me appreciate Kei a lot. Didn't think much of her before but I really like her now.

Been a good season overall with Kiyotaka vs Ryuen being the highlight of the season. Looking forward to season 3.
Sep 26, 2022 6:29 AM
Jul 2021
here we go negative review bom because skip stuff.

but yeah overlord and class room of elite both bad anime because soooo many skips
Sep 26, 2022 6:29 AM
Apr 2021
Spine Thrilling!
Sep 26, 2022 6:30 AM

Apr 2021
It was a random day in late February, when I heard the news about Cote getting renewed for a second season and now here we are, season two has finished airing!!!
The finale was great!!! The conversation between Ryuen and Kiyotaka in the aftermath of the fight was nice. It looks like Ryuen will have a different perspective of things now. The very last scene after the ending song was what intrigued me, the scene where Kiyotaka meets Arisu, who also knows about the whiteroom!!?? Now that's a pretty good cliffhanger......
I loved watching this anime so much!! I'd look forward to all my Monday's just to watch this show. Out of all the shows that aired this summer, Cote would definitely be my number 1!!!
I'm definitely gonna miss Kiyotaka and also Kei!!! This season showed anime only fans like me so many different things. From the VIP thingy to the race track event to the rooftop scene(is it a rooftop tho?) everything was awesome!!! This was totally worth it!!!
And yeah I'm probably gonna read the light novel soon. Also-
I Can't wait to watch season 3!!!!
Joel77Sep 26, 2022 6:37 AM
Sep 26, 2022 6:35 AM

Apr 2020
It was good but I didn't like it as much as season 1.
At least it didn't nose dive like another 2nd season *cough* Hataraku Maou-sama *cough*.
7/10
Go watch Gintama boyo/grill
My discord server for gaming and anime/manga: https://discord.com/invite/4mqXfNEJ9A
Sep 26, 2022 6:43 AM

May 2020
another pretty good episode
ayanokoji wants kushida expelled
which is well understandable
also damn he planned all that with kei
the ending with arisu is hype af
I really loved this season
hopefully, we get the release date of s3 soon

Homura24Sep 26, 2022 7:14 AM

Sep 26, 2022 6:45 AM

May 2022
You know shit is fire when a cripple walking gives you chills
Arisu is such a boss! I love her so much!
Other events got rushed, but it's ok, I didn't expect much to begin with. But even with a rushed episode like this, I still enjoy it so much!
I can't wait for season 3 next year!
Sep 26, 2022 6:45 AM
Sep 2021
Decent ending, Kei and ayanokoji didn't confess at all hopefully in season 3, and the final season where arisu appears makes it really interesting this will hype season 3 indeed.

I give this season 6/10.
Sep 26, 2022 6:49 AM
Jan 2016
From my perspective as anime only, I really enjoy this season. Been awhile since I last binge an anime without losing any enjoyment from a series
Sep 26, 2022 6:51 AM
Jul 2021
As much as I disliked the fact that a HUGE Portion of Volume 7.5 was skipped and crammed the fuck out of this episode. But mannn it was executed amazingly.
Sep 26, 2022 6:52 AM

Feb 2019
16 comments and the ep literally just aired with English subs? This fanbase insane lmao

Another Kiyopon masterclass to end the season. This is why he’s my goat MC.

Seeing Ryuen who was such a boisterous and annoying mf utterly reduced to being submissive is so satisfying. Like they say, the loudest in the room is the weakest.

The whole Sato date had me dying, kiyopon didn’t even pretend to be interested lmaooo “you’re unworthy of smiling for”

Then having Kei wrapped around his figures as a perfect pawn. Just a masterclass in manipulation in planning and you’d expect nothing less.

Definitely recommend reading the LN from the beginning because so much stuff has been skipped but this was a better adaptation than season 1 and much more enjoyable.
Marinate1016Sep 26, 2022 7:00 AM
Sep 26, 2022 6:53 AM
Oct 2019
So Next mission: getting Kushida out from the school.

ah Yess Everything is going according to plan... She's a good pawn... just like the end of Season 1 with Horikita

Arisu knew about Ayanokouji past? Interesting.

Alright now waiting for Season 3, at least it won't be long of wait. lol

7/10 Highlight of the Season Fight Club!!
davidyodo24Jan 11, 5:35 PM
Sep 26, 2022 6:54 AM
Oct 2019
Marinate1016 said:
16 comments and the ep literally just aired with English subs? This fanbase insane lmao

it aired like almost an hour ago on Bilibili.
Sep 26, 2022 6:55 AM

Feb 2019
davidyodo24 said:
Marinate1016 said:

They have subs? Isn’t that a Chinese site tho?
Sep 26, 2022 6:55 AM
May 2022
7.5 one of my more favorite volumes just got cramped into a 13 minute period. I DIDNT EVEN SEE CUPIDE KEI. Season 3 better come clutch with that Arisu X Kiyo ending for Year 2.
Sep 26, 2022 6:57 AM

Feb 2021
They were really into the whole thing of making Ayanokouji see people as nothing but tools on this episode huh...

Well so it looks like they adapted the end of volume 7 and some parts of volume 7.5, and then we finally get the Arisu scene, but way later then it was in the LN.

Overall this season was a mess in the beginning then it became more stable in the end, having almost half the episodes being outsourced wasn't very good for the overall quality, but I'm glad the climax wasn't ruined.
Sep 26, 2022 6:59 AM

Apr 2021
wow its was great season i love this anime
[jmg align=right]https://i.imgur.com/XLRDPsi.png?1[/img]
anime list
manga list
blog posts

Sep 26, 2022 7:02 AM

Aug 2014
MY MAN AYANOKOUJI!! What an ending for this season. Can't wait for season 3. I need it ASAP
Check My AnimeList (or click my signature)
My Main Genres: Adventure, Action, Fantasy
My Sub Genres: Slice of Life, Comedy, H&E

Check My Profile, my ranking
What I Watch This Season
Best Character & WAIFU This Season
Best OP/ED Song This Season
Sep 26, 2022 7:03 AM
Jun 2022
I just want to say that, stay mad horikita haters..
Sayonara ayanokoji and horikita, see you next year
Sep 26, 2022 7:03 AM

Jan 2021
After the serious things that happened Ayanokouji didn't want Ryuuen to drop out while Ryuuen wanted it, they talked normally with each other.

After the things that happened they decided to go on a double date because Satou likes Ayanokouji but Karuizawa likes Ayanokouji as well so Ayanokouji turned down Satou because he feels like he doesn't have feelings for anybody.

I feel like Ayanokouji is planning something or trying to use Karuizawa more but that's just my gut feeling.

What an cliffhanger, well at least we know Season 3 is happening.
Sep 26, 2022 7:04 AM

Apr 2021
Excellent episode and a superb ending of a season that is undoubtedly better than last season.

LN readers, cry and cry more. You guys should animate one episode. Without being grateful for this adaption, you guys surely nagged the whole season. So, so a round of applause for you guys who made me love the anime more.

Well, hope to be back in season 3.

Fall 2022 is the most Unforgettable anime season of all time

Sep 26, 2022 7:05 AM
Apr 2021
good shit, although 7.5 was crammed in a in a single ep, i enjoyed it nonetheless. 8/10
Sep 26, 2022 7:06 AM

Feb 2020
Ngl episode 12 kinda carries this season, but I think this second season is still a little bit better than season 1 for me. Animation is pretty meh except for the ayanokoji vs ryuen's gang fight (loved the hand to hand combat animation on that) Story is decent (the LN probably does a better job) and overall a fine series. 7.5/10
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Sep 26, 2022 7:06 AM
Feb 2022
Again Ayanokoji's past is still a mystery. .. .
Sep 26, 2022 7:07 AM

Sep 2020
Despite some changes here and there, I enjoyed the anime, especially when it comes to Kei. Looking forward to season 3.
Feb 2022
Just as I was starting to think that Ayanokouji can become a relatable protagonist I was hit with the realization that he will forever be a psychopath and nothing can change that
Jun 2020
That is actually a really nice shift with Ayanokoji showing his true colors more directly. Great season overall, hope there's no more years of waiting for a new one though.
Sep 26, 2022 7:08 AM
Oct 2019
Marinate1016 said:
davidyodo24 said:

They have subs? Isn’t that a Chinese site tho?

yes they have multiple choice of subtitles.
Sep 26, 2022 7:11 AM

Jan 2017
Ciezul said:
Excellent episode and a superb ending of a season that is undoubtedly better than last season.

LN readers, cry and cry more. You guys should animate one episode. Without being grateful for this adaption, you guys surely nagged the whole season. So, so a round of applause for you guys who made me love the anime more.

Well, hope to be back in season 3.

As a light novel reader, I didn't mind that they cut content or changed the order of some scenes due to them having a limited time, but cramming an entire volume in a single episode is a terrible decision. There were a lot of important stuff that served to set up the next antagonist. Hopefully they take the things they skipped and add in season 3 because if not, it will feel completely random, sudden or maybe even nonsensical.
Aug 2021
Another good episode looking forward to next season Kiyo is goat
Aug 2022
decent ending for season 2
Sep 26, 2022 7:13 AM
Aug 2015
At least the anime did not did Ayanokoji Kiyotaka too bad. At least they show him hoping that his personality or attitude towards other changes at the end.
Sep 26, 2022 7:13 AM
Mar 2017
Why did they make Kiyo edgier? Especially that last monologue. Also, what do you mean pawn lol? He himself admitted that Karuizawa's usefulness is secondary. And they unironically became partners in V7.5. But the anime Kiyo somehow missed all that development? They completely butchered the volume.
Sep 26, 2022 7:14 AM

Dec 2020
Nice conclusion for S2, really liked the background art in this ep.
Kiyotaka really humbled ryuen lmao, man looked depressed. Kei and kiyo moments were really cute in this, Kei went from being no one to best girl in cote. So S3's antagonist will be that purple chick and she also knows abt white room, nice.
Sep 26, 2022 7:15 AM

Feb 2021
The full breakdown of kei into his pawn was unexpected
There are many more things than just upliftment of class D

More ayanokoji in action
More allies maybe
Horikita in student council?

Many questions but all we can do is wait for season 3!!!

Can anybody help me where i should start Manga/LN after S2

Sep 26, 2022 7:15 AM

Jul 2020
Good season, too bad it was kinda boring up until around ep8-9
Poor Karuizawa suffered so much this season lol I felt sorry for her every episode
7/10, waiting for the next one
Sep 26, 2022 7:16 AM

Feb 2022
Ohhhh that ending...

Setting up the conflict of S3

Jan 2021
MGrid said:
Why did they make Kiyo edgier? Especially that last monologue. Also, what do you mean pawn lol? He himself admitted that Karuizawa's usefulness is secondary. And they unironically became partners in V7.5. But the anime Kiyo somehow missed all that development? They completely butchered the volume.
Agreed, that had the perfect moment for that dialogue to be used during the ending scene of last weeks episode but instead they go with 'This will do"...

Jan 2017
arnav_joshi said:
The full breakdown of kei into his pawn was unexpected
There are many more things than just upliftment of class D

More ayanokoji in action
More allies maybe
Horikita in student council?

Many questions but all we can do is wait for season 3!!!

Can anybody help me where i should start Manga/LN after S2

Start from volume 4 if you don't want to read from the beginning, there were a lot of cuts in the anime that actually gave more development to the characters in the light novel.
Sep 26, 2022 7:17 AM
Jan 2021
Tbh I was not a fan of the first season. It was pretty interesting but nothing really roped me in until the end and I was a little interested in Ayanokouji. But now after giving season 2 a shot I'm completely hooked. The episodes from 1-11 were alright maybe like a 6-7/10 then episode 12 was like a 9 but then episode 13 I'm so hooked on how evil Ayanokouji really is. I'm 100% gonna stick to this series now Ayanokouji is way too fun of a character to not watch.
Sep 26, 2022 7:18 AM
Jan 2021
MGrid said:

Edginess is Studio Hibari/Lerche's specialty, and already many titles that they hold to be very edgy.
Pages (10) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Youkoso Jitsuryoku Shijou Shugi no Kyoushitsu e 2nd Season Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Aug 29, 2022

338 by HiMaNGa_K_BaRUaH »»
May 31, 6:05 AM

Poll: » Youkoso Jitsuryoku Shijou Shugi no Kyoushitsu e 2nd Season Episode 7 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Aug 15, 2022

205 by Fortress_Maximus »»
May 21, 2:57 PM

Poll: » Youkoso Jitsuryoku Shijou Shugi no Kyoushitsu e (TV) 2nd Season Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jul 4, 2022

291 by Fatephile »»
May 18, 3:12 AM

Poll: » Youkoso Jitsuryoku Shijou Shugi no Kyoushitsu e 2nd Season Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Sep 19, 2022

837 by protozoa-kun »»
May 13, 10:36 AM

Poll: » Youkoso Jitsuryoku Shijou Shugi no Kyoushitsu e 2nd Season Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Sep 12, 2022

278 by Alex_TheForest »»
Apr 29, 2:37 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.