Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
Aug 27, 2022 5:37 PM
Feb 2017
I'm sitting here waiting for the plot to kick off but every episode is just them lollygagging around the coffee shop. I want to see the darker side of the society like Psycho-Pass, not them helping random people and wasting time every episode. That's not even to mention how annoying Chisato is as a character. She never keeps her mouth closed and is always making cringe jokes and noises.

Is the plot going to pick up anytime soon? 8 episodes in and I'm close to dropping this failure.
Pages (3) [1] 2 3 »
Aug 27, 2022 5:38 PM

Jan 2009
the plot is almost none existent because the main selling point is the cute moments
Aug 27, 2022 5:40 PM
Feb 2015
please drop it and watch shield hero or something so they don't think about appealing to you in future endeavors
Aug 27, 2022 5:40 PM
Feb 2017
deg said:
the plot is almost none existent because the main selling point is the cute moments

So there's just no substance to it then? Might just drop it then because I'm not the kind of anime fan who likes watching girls literally doing nothing.
Aug 27, 2022 5:43 PM
Jun 2021
MegaStride said:
I'm sitting here waiting for the plot to kick off but every episode is just them lollygagging around the coffee shop. I want to see the darker side of the society like Psycho-Pass, not them helping random people and wasting time every episode. That's not even to mention how annoying Chisato is as a character. She never keeps her mouth closed and is always making cringe jokes and noises.

Is the plot going to pick up anytime soon? 8 episodes in and I'm close to dropping this failure.

blantant troll being blantant
Aug 27, 2022 5:48 PM
Jul 2021
Not everything has to be dark. Just because it’s not what you expected, you’re going to drop it? Sounds extreme.
Aug 27, 2022 5:48 PM
Feb 2018
drop it then... 😭
Aug 27, 2022 5:53 PM
Apr 2022
MegaStride said:

What, u want the anime ends faster, no way, hell nah. We all do want the plot to be shown fast, but on the side note, i want the whole story to be more stable, (fillers) u know they spending time with each other and it looks more realistic, and not being focused on the main story. If they keep focused on the main story, they will literally ended up with no idea, and they will starting to mess with the show, and ended up just like boruto which is trash
Aug 27, 2022 6:01 PM
Jul 2020
deg said:

dude that’s the understatement of the century, the story and characters are great and well written. There are nice moments sure, but the story is very strong and is why the show is so highly rated - if it was all just cute stuff with no substance it’d be shit, and LycoReco is far from bad.
Aug 27, 2022 6:34 PM
Apr 2022
You are at episode 9 and just barely made the conclusion you are bored? I suggest just dropping it then. Don’t worry, there’s always Dragon Tales or Teletubbies, I imagine those would be able to capture your attention span long enough...
Aug 27, 2022 6:46 PM

Oct 2019
nope, just you :-)
Aug 27, 2022 6:53 PM
Mar 2022
It’s majorly a CGDCT , so what did you expect ?
Aug 27, 2022 6:54 PM
Apr 2021
Bc it’s a show with majority slice of life elements than action duhhhh
Aug 27, 2022 6:55 PM

May 2021
As if you thinking Chisato is cringe isn't bad taste already, what you stated about the plot not moving is just objectively wrong. It's been moving since like the first episode. Whether it's been good or bad is a different question but it is indeed moving.

Aug 27, 2022 7:11 PM

Feb 2021
Not me lol, I’m enjoying it
Aug 27, 2022 7:13 PM

Aug 2018
the cute girls make up for the boring moments
Aug 27, 2022 7:47 PM

Jan 2021
I personally don’t think it’s anything special, op’s based af. Chisato is overhyped as a character, she’s good but not anything worth gushing about
SpicelitAug 27, 2022 9:18 PM
under”Mebius” is my salvation

Aug 27, 2022 7:48 PM

Jul 2015
Why do you always have the most dogshit awful takes possible?

Aug 27, 2022 8:03 PM
Aug 2015
have high hope for this anime at the start of the season
i agree plot is kinda fall flat
classic MAL community being unable to accept criticism
Aug 27, 2022 8:16 PM
Sep 2021
it's the best anime of the season along with summertime render and its just getting better, I don't know you can say the plot is not moving forward
Aug 27, 2022 8:26 PM

Apr 2016
Mickey mouse clubhouse might be up your alley...
Aug 27, 2022 8:38 PM

Sep 2012
Just do something good to society and drop this anime. Bye
Aug 27, 2022 8:47 PM

Jan 2021
RandomTry said:
It’s majorly a CGDCT , so what did you expect ?

This series isn't a CGDCT tho.
Aug 27, 2022 8:49 PM
Feb 2017
Willology said:
please drop it and watch shield hero or something so they don't think about appealing to you in future endeavors

thunderkitten667 said:
You are at episode 9 and just barely made the conclusion you are bored? I suggest just dropping it then. Don’t worry, there’s always Dragon Tales or Teletubbies, I imagine those would be able to capture your attention span long enough...

Spicelit said:
I personally don’t think it’s anything special, op’s based af (nvm he likes Sheild Hero). Chisato is overhyped as a character, she’s good but not anything worth gushing about

CickNipolla said:
classic shield hero fans having bad taste

What is with this idea that I like Shield Hero why was it even brought up LOL. Shield Hero is even worse than this, so idk what you people are getting on by saying I like it.

Piromysl said:

That’s what makes discussions fun with people online. Not having the same opinions as others is what makes the community.

dai_san_gen said:

It’s honestly pathetic. People are super insecure about the idea of someone else finding something they like to not be very good that they resort to insults and back-handed comments to make themselves feel a sense of control and superiority. It’s just a cartoon at the end of the day.

L1ncoln86 said:
it's the best anime of the season along with summertime render and its just getting better, I don't know you can say the plot is not moving forward

Summertime Rendering is a great series and has a constantly evolving and building on itself. Can’t say they’re equal as I find LR to be stuck in a loop of being unable to pick a direction and move forward with it.

VanishingKira said:
It interesting to see how people differ in this thread.

I personally think the series is at it's best when its in SoL mode. Anytime the series attempts to get serious with the Lycoris missions or Majima's bullshit it's at its weakest. I actually feel it doesn't focus on SoL segments enough. Chisato and Takina dynamic is the sole thing carrying the show for me everything else feel insubstantial.

Guess we’re opposites then lol! I find the Sol moments to be time wasting and want more of the meaty plot.
Aug 27, 2022 8:49 PM

Jan 2020
Idk I actually like the Slice of Life moments, it really helps develop the relationships between the main cast. I’m also more interested in the character interactions rather than the plot for this series.

Thats just my opinion though, I’m tired of mindless action animes with characters that lack personality. So LycoReco is a breath of fresh air for me.

The plot does progress pretty slowly tbf so I can see why you might get bored of the show if you don’t like the SoL genre.
Aug 27, 2022 9:02 PM
Feb 2015
MegaStride said:
Willology said:

thunderkitten667 said:

Spicelit said:
I personally don’t think it’s anything special, op’s based af (nvm he likes Sheild Hero). Chisato is overhyped as a character, she’s good but not anything worth gushing about

CickNipolla said:
classic shield hero fans having bad taste

What is with this idea that I like Shield Hero why was it even brought up LOL. Shield Hero is even worse than this, so idk what you people are getting on by saying I like it.

Piromysl said:

That’s what makes discussions fun with people online. Not having the same opinions as others is what makes the community.

dai_san_gen said:

It’s honestly pathetic. People are super insecure about the idea of someone else finding something they like to not be very good that they resort to insults and back-handed comments to make themselves feel a sense of control and superiority. It’s just a cartoon at the end of the day.

L1ncoln86 said:

Summertime Rendering is a great series and has a constantly evolving and building on itself. Can’t say they’re equal as I find LR to be stuck in a loop of being unable to pick a direction and move forward with it.

VanishingKira said:

I personally think the series is at it's best when its in SoL mode. Anytime the series attempts to get serious with the Lycoris missions or Majima's bullshit it's at its weakest. I actually feel it doesn't focus on SoL segments enough. Chisato and Takina dynamic is the sole thing carrying the show for me everything else feel insubstantial.

Guess we’re opposites then lol! I find the Sol moments to be time wasting and want more of the meaty plot.

sorry i made ppl think you like shield hero. i was just trying to lightly roast you but making you out to be an actual shield hero fan is too far lmao
Aug 27, 2022 9:04 PM
Feb 2017
Willology said:
MegaStride said:

sorry i made ppl think you like shield hero. i was just trying to lightly roast you but making you out to be an actual shield hero fan is too far lmao

LMAO that’s it’s honestly kind of funny people ran with it I thought for a second I might’ve said something that made me say I liked it somewhere
Aug 27, 2022 9:12 PM

Aug 2021
ehhhhh no. while i think the episodes have been less consistent the last few weeks i still really enjoy watching it for the most part.
Aug 27, 2022 9:18 PM

Jan 2021
MegaStride said:
Spicelit said:

My bad, I thought you liked it based on what other people said, you are based
under”Mebius” is my salvation

Aug 27, 2022 9:42 PM
Feb 2022
The anime is slightly above average in my opinion personally, as I don't really find the plot of the anime that interesting and outside of Chisato I don't really think the characters in the series are that good either. So, I kind of agree with what you are saying but I do think there have been some episodes where the plot has moved forward; however, there have been more SOL moments in the anime throughout so far which have been pretty good and probably the series greatest strength.

However, I do find some of these replies dismissing the op funny and I have noticed this with fans of this series don't seem to take criticism well from what I have seen online.
Kdog1998Aug 27, 2022 9:49 PM
Aug 27, 2022 9:59 PM
Feb 2021
idek if i’m bored with this or not. i just don’t take it seriously while watching it.
Aug 27, 2022 10:21 PM
Jan 2021
You saw the pv, key visual,synopsis and thought yeah this could be like psycho pass?
Aug 27, 2022 10:27 PM
Jun 2022
lycoris recoil is boring and annoying and I just want to drop it but I am not doing so as I hope it can get better by the end
Aug 27, 2022 10:45 PM
Aug 2021
i was impressed on the few first episode cuz how great the dubbing and animation is and the story is ain't bad, but then i'm getting used to it now i start getting bored too. But i still enjoy the "cute girl doing cute thing' thing so maybe i will still finish it. It just my expectation on this show that only dropped, i was hopping they gonna have some great twist at the end
Aug 27, 2022 10:46 PM

Nov 2021
MegaStride said:

I feel the same still don't know why ppl is so hype for this show, looks more like an slice of life than an action show :D

P.D. Psycho Pass kick this anime in his balls, this is a joke in comparison.
Aug 27, 2022 10:46 PM
Jul 2020
Probably only you.
Aug 27, 2022 10:48 PM

Apr 2018
VanishingKira said:

The problem is that now they've tied in Chisato's backstory and with it much of the plot as forming a significant part of her characterization and development. Because of that, they actually need to deliver on that front, a front which, like you said, happens to be the weakest parts of the show.
Aug 27, 2022 10:54 PM
Apr 2022
Agreed, I like a more dark toned series, like psycho pass. The plot armour in here is crazy, but to me, Lycoris Recoil was boring and it was only getting better later episodes.
Aug 27, 2022 11:08 PM

Jun 2019
No. This is my favorite series of both the season and the year thus far and may potentially even end up with a rating as high as my first 8/10 since last year's Sonny Boy.

Funnily enough, Psycho Pass is one of the rare series I dropped halfway through.

But Slice of Life is one of my favorite genres and this series is also partially SoL as a major one of its harmonious melding of several genres. Some of my favorite SoLs and anime series in general are SoLs nearly or completely exclusively, and are far slower and more relaxed and carefree than this.

In my view, it was probably a mistake on your part to go in to this series expecting it to be solely a straight action drama or action thriller and comparable in format and continuity of tone to the classic series which match that description.
Aug 27, 2022 11:08 PM
Jul 2022
Ashera_ said:
nope, just you :-)

Nah, it's boring.
Aug 27, 2022 11:21 PM

Apr 2018
If this anime isn't your type, its okay to be bored, dont blame him guys. But there's problem; u shouldn't call "failure" bcz u dont like it.
Actually i dont like SoL without strong theme like sangatsu no lion but i love this show and it's my best anime for this season. I lost my hype in 6 episodes and when i'm gonna watch ep 7 i said like "im gonma drop it" but now so hyped bcz of final of the series which started with ep 9.
U should give a chance to final episodes, it's gonna be darker (?). Have a good day
“Inspiration unlocks the future.”-Caproni

Aug 27, 2022 11:27 PM
Jan 2021
Nah I'm still enjoying it. And I don't hate Chisato as her personality is kinda good and not to mention she's useful unlike most of genki characters in anime
Aug 28, 2022 12:40 AM
Aug 2022
I think it’s focused more on the Slice of Life aspect of it, than the action part… which is sad, cause I would watch Chisato fight all day
Aug 28, 2022 12:50 AM

Jul 2008
Honestly, it depends on people’s preference regardless of the series ranking. For me personally, I have watched 6 episodes so far and it is not my most favourite series this season which is fine (nothing wrong with that).

I don’t see a need for anyone to get worked up or angry just because someone else hates something about a certain anime series that they like. These immature arguments change nothing; We will always move on to a new season and everything will be back to 0.
Aug 28, 2022 12:54 AM
Jan 2018
Probably be one of those shows where it gets more plot heavy in the last 3-4 episodes
Aug 28, 2022 1:19 AM
Mar 2022
Nah. Just you kid.
Aug 28, 2022 1:37 AM
Feb 2021
MegaStride said:

I think you should drop it. What the anime or at least this season is focussing on is slice of life mixed with some action. If you expect something dark, this is not the genre. Or if you expect a masterpiece, I dont think Lycoris Recoil can make it. Personally, I am quite easy-going and enjoy almost every genre so I am not going to drop it.
Aug 28, 2022 2:28 AM
Aug 2022
MegaStride said:

Very surprised to find that no one is quoting the interviews of Director Shingo and the back stories of the production in this thread...

It is said that before Shingo joined the cast there was already a dark dark world setup involving armed JKs functioning as a part of social structure. But Shingo decided that in 2022 really not that many watchers will pay for heavy topics, and then added an intensive amount of delight into LycoReco. From the viewer statistics, Shingo was right, at least commercially.

Interestingly, Shingo also mentioned that he is a big Gunslinger Girl fan and thinks that it would be unlikely for a new series to surpass GG in the field (dark world with armed school girls), which is another reason he directed LycoReco this way.

So the hint goes that if you want to watch something dark under similar world setups, maybe you can try Gunslinger Girls. I had watched season 1 because of this interview. It REALLY is dark and depressing and i find it interesting to mix it with LycoReco to neutralize the mood. You will find a lot settings in common. Still, GG's focus would be on human emotions instead of social structures, so you can't expect a Psychopass out of it.

Btw, I myself had imagined a Madoka-like twist in LycoReco episode 3: let those rounds be secretly swapped into real ones, and the two girls defeated by Takina and Chisato really die, with the commander commenting: Lycoris is a dangerous job just like this. See it with your own eyes.
Hehe.

And LycoReco in the Psychopass way would be Chisato really wanting to kill some criminals, her morals being challenged, and Takina reflecting on juridical justice (lawful procedures instead of killing on site) and the nature of DA... I suppose.
RichardnAug 28, 2022 4:12 AM
Aug 28, 2022 2:33 AM

Jan 2009
Beninja said:
deg said:

dude that’s the understatement of the century, the story and characters are great and well written. There are nice moments sure, but the story is very strong and is why the show is so highly rated - if it was all just cute stuff with no substance it’d be shit, and LycoReco is far from bad.

the show focuses more on cute slice of life while the main plot is not that deep or groundbreaking
Aug 28, 2022 2:38 AM

Jan 2011
So you have been asleep the last two episodes? Got it.
I haven't updated in years but now I have changed that. I'll be free soon.
Pages (3) [1] 2 3 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Lycoris Recoil Episode 13 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Sep 24, 2022

445 by Shocked »»
May 27, 6:15 PM

Poll: » Lycoris Recoil Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Sep 17, 2022

284 by SuperAdventure »»
May 15, 8:31 AM

Poll: » Lycoris Recoil Episode 5 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Jul 30, 2022

209 by SuperAdventure »»
May 11, 5:58 PM

Poll: » Lycoris Recoil Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Jul 16, 2022

222 by SuperAdventure »»
May 11, 5:25 PM

Poll: » Lycoris Recoil Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jul 2, 2022

304 by xiiraito »»
May 4, 9:07 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.