Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (3) [1] 2 3 »
Aug 10, 2022 6:59 AM

Nov 2011
Nanachi's loyalty is admirable.

I love the chemistry this episode and Mitty is easily becoming among one of my favorites in this season with her personality and overall character. I also think this episode did a decent job at its world fiction elements.

The difficult decision Riko had to make was also quite tense.
Aug 10, 2022 7:00 AM

Jan 2015
Episode picks up right from where it ended last week.
Thanks god Kaja was there, otherwise Riko would have made a very dumb choice regarding the Nanachi situation.

That thing came out of nowhere for real, but we now know what all this luring was about. Honestly, I thought they would be more prepared for the creature. Having to summon Juroimoh of The Three Sages and yet still lose… if it wasn’t for Riko and Reg, all the villagers would have been eaten.

Glad we got to see Prushka again!
Aug 10, 2022 8:03 AM
Apr 2018
great episode, aside from the usual creepy stuff.
Aug 10, 2022 8:05 AM

Feb 2020
Probably my favorite episode so far.

Riko looks pretty cute with short hair.

SerafosAug 10, 2022 8:21 AM
Aug 10, 2022 8:08 AM

Mar 2021
Never though I would be so emotionally invested in the fate of a big pink sock puppet that can only say "Maaaa", but, well, here we are.
Aug 10, 2022 8:13 AM

Jun 2021
Man, Belaf making Riko consider that offer was some bullshit. Good thing Kaja stopped her. I really don’t like that discount Onyx looking sonofabitch.

But setting that aside, did the big jeweler guy say he jizzed himself when carving Prushka. Bruh… I don’t know if I like the idea of his cum stained mitts touching my girl Prushka lol. Well, can’t stay too mad. The fella got his face eaten off by that slime monster. If this is what a hunt looks like Riko and the others need to gtfo of the village pronto.

Juroimoh vs the big slime jellyfish was like watching two kaijus fight. That battle lasted a lot shorter than I thought though, considering the guy was a Sage. Riko analyzing the jellyfish slime monster sure saved everyone’s ass. Just cost a bit of hair for her plan to work. That plan with the mirror was clever, and it seems Riko’s picked up the language pretty quickly. Smart kid.

I wasn’t expecting to see Prushka! Man, I miss her. She was such a pure soul. Motherfucking Bondrewd… ugh. Well anyways, her call drew Reg back! Just when he was gonna kick that thing’s ass…it already died lol.

It seems to get Nanachi, they need Faputa. But I got a lot of questions after that end bit there. Vueko said Faputa is the embodiment of value, what everyone wants to be but fears. What’s that about? Is Vueko saying Reg is from the Golden City? Why is Wazukyan so scared? Who is Irumyuui? Hopefully next week’s ep can answer these questions.
Aug 10, 2022 8:20 AM
Jul 2018
Wow riko got more beeg brains, So what's will belaf do with nanachi ? Are he gonna eat it ?. I'm still confused how white whistle work. I think next ep will have major flashback, let's see
Aug 10, 2022 8:21 AM

Jul 2011
The villagers want to get some action sometimes. YOLO
A thing that you be funny, is if Maa had a thumb to give a thumbs up, while lying wasted on the ground.

Now Riko is a White Whistle.

Next episode: Story time.
Aug 10, 2022 8:25 AM

Apr 2016
Finally some action this week, villagers fighting for their market, we also seen Kaja mark 2, lol ... But before that, the little moment with Prushka tho, one day we'll learn the true deal with the white whistles, both the instrument and the hunters.

Aug 10, 2022 8:28 AM
危ないお兄さん

Nov 2016
Main event from eps 6
- Nanachi motive toward mitty
- Raid by Narehate guild lol
- Riko in action

nah riko really like her mom has a lot of knowledge also high willing for any purpose, SASUGA NEE Riko

Aug 10, 2022 8:34 AM

Jun 2016
what is that thing at then end episode ?? inside looks like a tube covered by a mucus ??
Aug 10, 2022 8:36 AM
Apr 2022
I've got used to MiA treating shitting and pissing so casually, but it's cumming now as well.
Aug 10, 2022 8:48 AM
Nov 2020
- The pace was faster than in previous episodes, maybe because there was more action, and more time needed to be invested in animating it. Not a problem, but surprised me.
- At first, I thought Wazukyan being fearsome was inconsistent with him having been the leader of a suicide mission, but now that he is settled in Ilblu he has something to lose.
- I cannot understand Vueko yet. In this episode, she seemed aloof to the troubles, observing but not sympathising, which I expected her to do. Maybe she does not belief in the purpose of the village; or maybe she does not know most villagers, and does not feel for them.
Aug 10, 2022 8:48 AM

Mar 2015
Kaja-car is just too good.

Whoo the part I am most excited for starts next week.
Aug 10, 2022 9:05 AM

Mar 2020
Blow the whistle, whistleblower!

"Reg, leg!"

*dog appears out of nowhere and runs to his owner*

"Riko, orders!?"

"Get it, Reg!"

"Woof woof"

The prushka scene was cooler in the manga tbh
Aug 10, 2022 9:16 AM

Jan 2020
God dammit, this thing came from upgrading Riko's whistle.

Well, overall, this was probably my favorite episode of the season, so far. I like how Riko has managed to, more or less, fit into the village. Also, I know it was the point, in the beginning, so as to make things more unsettling, but I'm glad that we are starting to get some subtitles from the other villagers.

The battle with the Queen's Nest was pretty neat, I feel like it's been awhile since we've had some action, so it was rather refreshing. Plus, it's always nice to see why Riko is our main character. Her experience is really shining through now.

I'm hyped for the back-half of the season. And, for all the grief she got, Riko is rockin' that short hair.

"...Is your mother worried? Would you like us to assign someone to worry your mother?"

Aug 10, 2022 9:28 AM

Feb 2019
A lot of action this episode. As usual penkin masterclass during all the hype moments. Really cool to see riko use her white whistle’s power for the first time. Reg’s powered up form is dope.

Looks like we’re finally getting Vueko and Ganja’s full story next week which is what I’ve been looking forward to for a while. I’m already prepared to be heartbroken.
Marinate1016Aug 10, 2022 9:35 AM
Aug 10, 2022 9:33 AM

Oct 2017
Riko cut her hair, time for peak character development.

Pretty bonkers episode, I'm curious to know about Vueko's story and as to why Reg's helmet, hands, legs changed color.
Aug 10, 2022 9:37 AM

Jan 2016
The animation is so good.
Aug 10, 2022 10:09 AM
Aug 2018
Is it just me or has the quality of this show dropped a lot? *(aside from the CGI)* Usually the anime has been better than the manga but this season for me it's been the other way around by a landslide. The placing of events was also done very improperly imo, almost as if they were trying to rush this season. Quite a shame since it takes so long just to get enough material to adapt.
Aug 10, 2022 10:49 AM
Oct 2020
Grande arte, com lindo tema musical e otimas transições de cenas.
Estou no nível em mal-badges. Veja meus emblemas.
Aug 10, 2022 10:51 AM

Mar 2020
moderndaypleb said:
Is it just me or has the quality of this show dropped a lot? *(aside from the CGI)* Usually the anime has been better than the manga but this season for me it's been the other way around by a landslide. The placing of events was also done very improperly imo, almost as if they were trying to rush this season. Quite a shame since it takes so long just to get enough material to adapt.

So far they haven't cut anything major, but I'm disappointed by prushka scene this ep, and by nametag scene a couple of eps ago. I'm also not happy about how ost is used, it doesn't fit.

The animation is ok and smooth, but not movie quality breathtaking. The voice acting is great.
Aug 10, 2022 11:00 AM

Dec 2020
Thanks to kaja because riko would have chosen a bad decision on to take Nanachi back.
A good episode with a lot of action and drama and Mitty has a good character.
P O S I T I V E V I B E Sシ

Aug 10, 2022 11:03 AM

Jul 2013
Riko got her time to shine, though at the cost of her hair. We got Kaja in badass mode and another glimpse of Prushka and best dad, which were welcomed.

Next episode is gonna be quite some something. Probably the most fucked off part of Made in Abyss for me.
Aug 10, 2022 11:08 AM
Nov 2020
grand salute to maaaa dude
Aug 10, 2022 11:32 AM

Nov 2021
Amazing episode. Seeing Prushka again made me tear up ngl. Looking forward to see Vueko's backstory next week, I'm sure it will be depressing
Aug 10, 2022 11:47 AM
Aug 2015
I like how it is ordinary when a huge jelly monster appears and slaughters everyone.
I can't remember Prushka too much, I know she appeared in the movie. Is she in the whistle now, and the whistle empowers Reg? He was all white and stuff.

Aug 10, 2022 12:17 PM
Nov 2020
absolutelynormal said:
Never though I would be so emotionally invested in the fate of a big pink sock puppet that can only say "Maaaa", but, well, here we are.

I feel you. As in the movies everyone can die but not the dog or the cat, in the same way no one dares to harm Maaa!!
Aug 10, 2022 12:24 PM
Dragon Idol

May 2017
More stuff about value and a start to the tale of the exploration squad remaining history. Next week hopefully the rest of the Irumyuui story and what happened between then and now. It was fun to see Riko so creative with how she took down the enemy. Reg's different gear coloring stood out too. Looking forward to next week.
Aug 10, 2022 12:31 PM
Dec 2019
man I love this series it's soo catching, have a good animations, good stoty and for me it's the most fav. anime, every time new episode came out I get soo much dopamine and can't just wait to watch it (just my thoughts tho, for me 10/10 the whole made in abyss series)
Aug 10, 2022 1:11 PM

May 2020
That whistle moment was really something, Reg coming out of nowhere and obliterating that weirdo.. wow.

Though more than anything, it seems like we'll finally have some storytelling on those past events. Looking forward.
Aug 10, 2022 1:44 PM

Feb 2014
Thank heavens that Kaja was there to stop Riko from seriously considering what part of her to sacrifice in her desperate attempt to rescue Nanachi and Mitty. After that, she got Pruschka back again after it got tinkered with (The guy seriously climaxed over improving the whistle? I couldn't help but laugh! XD) and that led her group into witnessing the village under attack by the Queen's Nest enveloped with slime.

Riko was on fire throughout the battle, as she even cut her hair short and use herself and a transformed Kaja to bait the nest into a trap laid out by the marketplace squad. When that wasn't enough to subdue the enemy, she blew on the whistle and Reg finally made his reappearance, with his look altered due to the whistle's powers. They won in the end and saved just about all of the villagers, including the pink Maaa creature whose blessed with a lot of luck to survive another ordeal again.

Vueko's now gone into storyteller mode and while we'll hear the rest of what she has to say in the next episode, one thing that she said here was about Reg being a resident of this village and that one of the great sages actually fears him. I'm sure the latter half of this season is going to leave me on the edge of my seat with what could possibly happen. Great episode overall. =)
Aug 10, 2022 2:11 PM
Sep 2021
So many new things I am blown.
Aug 10, 2022 2:30 PM

Feb 2018
Best episode so far! It's cool to see more of the dangerous creatures at deeper levels. Riko and party would definitely be dead if they had to deal with that thing alone. Short hair Riko is so cute! I'm guessing she had to trade her hair for Majikajas fast body? Reg with white metal looks pretty sick too.
Did anyone notice the animation looked a little strange at the beginning? Maybe it's just me, but Riko looked a bit off there.
Aug 10, 2022 2:47 PM
Oct 2013
it was good got the withe flute and reg in power up mode så not bad
Aug 10, 2022 3:02 PM
Jun 2019
What an episode. I got pretty scared when "Maa" was pulled in. But luckily Silver Reg came just in time for the save. Hopefully next episode we might find out more about Irumyuui and why Red was silver.
Graduated High School in May of 2022. Summer vacation has finally arrived. I have once again regained the power of a new anime fan, being able to watch multiple anime episodes in a day. Time to binge-watch every single anime I can into the night until college arrives. SADGE. SUPER SADGE... College has begun as of Monday, August 30, 2022, so you won't be seeing me much around these parks. See you on weekends, I guess... School me is back. Sigh! I'll at least try for one anime a day with all this course load.
Aug 10, 2022 4:12 PM

May 2021
Seems like we're moving toward some sort of climax which is good and 'bout damn time. Still, the way Riko whistled and summoned Reg ... was kinda weird. Maybe it was purposefully an allegory to a dog and its master but who knows.

Aug 10, 2022 4:18 PM
Sep 2017
Cuts hair = character development
Aug 10, 2022 4:33 PM
May 2020
The best of the season!
Number 1 with all the fun!
Aug 10, 2022 4:41 PM

Jan 2019
😫😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭Prushka
Aug 10, 2022 5:55 PM

Mar 2020
The jeweller climaxed?! HAHA what's with that. 😂😂 But the Prushka is now more cooler.

I hope they will get Nanachi back!

And what's with that slime thing. The male looks like a sperm. 😂

That Kaja transformation is really cool. Cho kakkoi.

And short hair Riko-chan.

Anyways its great episode. Looking forward next week again!
Oppai check!

111 cm: Hancock
110 cm: Zoro
100 cm: Robin
Aug 10, 2022 6:14 PM
Mar 2019
Prushka still looks so cute, telling Riko the way to use the white whistle.
Aug 10, 2022 6:22 PM
Dec 2017
excelente!!!!!!
Aug 10, 2022 6:49 PM
Feb 2021
definitely an improvement from last couple episodes, picked up the pace
Aug 10, 2022 7:16 PM

Mar 2020
that reminds me, I am mad that they deleted the scene of vueko thirsting for reg. Hope they won't cut later scenes, too.

magicalmaid said:
The classic "cutting hair = character improvement". Riko did great this episode, one of her best moments in this series

except she got no character development
Aug 10, 2022 7:26 PM
Nov 2016
It was an ok episode I guess, these last 2 episodes are ok but nothing that will make me go crazy about, I still consider this season a 6/10, let's see if the remaining episodes are good enough to make me reconsider my rating.

I still believe this season is overrated out of proportions, for something that is rated 8.74 I expected more but this is MAL for you so no surprise there.
Aug 10, 2022 7:31 PM

Jul 2016
Well, they rushed the hell out of Juroimoh's epic kaiju fight. Kind of a shame but we only have 12 episodes so they need to cut content from somewhere. Especially since this episode is the moment where the manga chapters started to drag a bit.

Other than that, it was another great episode. Riko had her moment to shine and my god, that "Cradle of Greed" glimpse at the end. People seriously aren't ready for the horror that is Iruburu's origin story.

NirvashX1 said:
what is that thing at then end episode ?? inside looks like a tube covered by a mucus ??

It's an abyss' relic. It will be addressed next episode.

DoubleR said:
I can't remember Prushka too much, I know she appeared in the movie. Is she in the whistle now, and the whistle empowers Reg? He was all white and stuff.

Long story short: Prushka became Riko's White Whistle and White Whistles' function is to activate the "true purpose" of relics and Reg is a relic so...
Aug 10, 2022 7:59 PM

Dec 2012
They drew this out a bit long for my taste but it was fine.

Next week we'll have everyone's favourite ~suffering~
The 2002 Tokyo Mew Mew adaptation is not as great as you remember it being.
Aug 10, 2022 8:40 PM

Mar 2019
Reg's new "form" was cool, ngl! Interested in the backstory of the Ganja squad next episode.
Aug 10, 2022 8:54 PM

Apr 2015
I liked how Reg just return as a good dog lol

I can't wait for the reactions next episode. So much suffer and fuck up moments coming.
Pages (3) [1] 2 3 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Made in Abyss: Retsujitsu no Ougonkyou Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Aug 24, 2022

246 by Puncheon »»
May 29, 8:57 PM

Poll: » Made in Abyss: Retsujitsu no Ougonkyou Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Sep 28, 2022

407 by RubyDaly69 »»
May 18, 4:10 PM

Poll: » Made in Abyss: Retsujitsu no Ougonkyou Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Xenocrisi - Jul 6, 2022

251 by limberwisk »»
May 10, 8:22 AM

Poll: » Made in Abyss: Retsujitsu no Ougonkyou Episode 7 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

MegamiRem - Aug 17, 2022

286 by Matheus050 »»
Apr 22, 4:26 PM

Poll: » Made in Abyss: Retsujitsu no Ougonkyou Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Xenocrisi - Jul 13, 2022

184 by asbest0sdust »»
Apr 20, 9:10 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.