Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Sasaki and Miyano
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »
Feb 13, 2022 7:28 AM

Jul 2017
Miyano has recovered...and Sasaki has started stalking him on the train. And yes Sasaki, there IS BL anime made like your very own right now. Miyano is still struggling in terms of whether to accept Sasaki's feelings.

Sasaki's birthday is coming, and while Tasuku vows to give any present to his girlfriend (which she didn't want), Miyano thought long and hard. Gonzaburou handing out Napolitan Chupa-Chups, the flavor profile is ewww, but Miyano decided to give one to Sasaki anyways as a birthday present. It's amazing how one lollipop enrages one in love to do things beyond his limits, probably his soul sold to the Devil.

The walk on a hot street while preparing for the exams, but Miyano hasn't gave a response to Sasaki back, better do it soon. Haha, Tasuku bragging about his girlfriend is so versatile, she only thinks of him as a tool to get what she wants, like Ikemen or idol manga. I'd think that as Miyano gets his thoughts together, Sasaki becomes more of a paradox when it comes to love and affections.

Exams are finally over, and both Mya and Sasaki share an umbrella together in the dropping rain. Sooner or later, Miyano has to confront Sasaki anyways, and does it so now to answer his feelings. For Miyano, while the thought of being in a BL relationship isn't the most ideal, it's more like a Senpai-Kouhai feeling that he still has some issues to overcome before giving his answer. But at least, this is a step closer for Sasaki, more than the usual practice of borrowing BL manga from Mya.

Love knows no bounds, and Sasaki is the happiest man alive to love Mya-chan.
KANLen09Feb 13, 2022 9:07 AM
Feb 13, 2022 8:18 AM

Feb 2020
Very nice episode again.

That umbrella scene was cute. (:
Feb 13, 2022 8:26 AM
Nov 2021
THAT WAS FREAKING CUTEE!!!!
Feb 13, 2022 8:44 AM
Jul 2016
this show is so... damn...cute....

I personally like the parts where Kuresawa gushes over his girlfriend. what a simp lmaooooo...
Feb 13, 2022 8:50 AM
Sep 2015
Their love is purer than my drinking water.
Feb 13, 2022 8:56 AM

Jan 2022
Probably my favorite episode yet they're both so cute in this ep, especially Sasaki during the last scene and miyano getting flustered at sasakis smile on the train, just 20 minutes of pure wholesomeness and I loved every second of it. Now just waiting for miyano to figure out exactly how he feels. I'm pretty sure I've already said this in like two other episode discussion threads, but I really appreciate the emphasis they put on miyano having to take a lot of time to figure out what he's feeling, it's so refreshing to see a BL that focuses on a character's confusion over liking a member of the same set for the first time, especially when they've had crushes on the opposite sex before.

Also the scene of them talking about BL anime on the train made me laugh seeing it in anime form
Feb 13, 2022 9:03 AM
Jul 2020
my heart cant take it anymore. too much cuteness sial lah
Feb 13, 2022 9:07 AM

Dec 2020
sasaki being able to so the test rly well after miyano gave him a chu-pop LMAO. I WANT THATTTT!! i want to have a crush and get cheered on by them even just a little and feel like i can do everything

after hearing a bit more on kuresawa and his girlfriend, im suddenly more interested in them lol

last bit was suuper super cute tho gah
Feb 13, 2022 9:30 AM
Jul 2016
The Miyano trying to figure out his feelings' arc is probably my favorite so far. It's so good and special to see this issue is being properly addressed in BL anime, normally this is overlooked in most of them so it's very refreshing.
Their dynamic is so wholesome and healthy. The fact that Sasaki is not pushing or demanding Miyano anything in regard to his feelings and the fact that Miyano is giving thought to how to answer Sasaki is the living proof of how much they care for each other.
Miyano's appearance might change in the future, but Sasaki will still love him because he loves all of Miyano. I'm just head over heels for this two, I love them sm.
And Miyano saying Sasaki is cute, OMFGGGGGG, yeah, man, your man is cute af.
Now, I'm gonna give praise for the most underrated and awesome character in this who is Kuresawa. Even tho the constant gush for his girlfriend is used for comedic reasons, I love how supportive and lovey-dovey he is about her. I wish I had someone like him :( Anyway, great episode and the animation got better, I really like it in this episode!
l1ghtmyluvFeb 14, 2022 6:34 AM
Feb 13, 2022 10:09 AM

May 2021
Great episode! Miyano and Sasaki both have tests and Miyano discusses Sasaki's confession with him saying he is not sure how to feel about it. Sasaki finds his answering and overexplaining cute it seems. In the end, Miyano tells him that he wants to think about Sasaki's confession a bit longer.

Looking forward to the next episode!
AISHITERU...REM!
Feb 13, 2022 10:14 AM
Jan 2021
IT WAS JUST SO ADORABLE UGHH
Feb 13, 2022 10:14 AM

Jan 2021
God the funimation subs for this episode were so bad. They took that conversation on the bridge a little bit out of context. Sasaki’s seiyuu’s delivery in this episode was so freaking good

I am very glad to see more of Kuresawa. I love him so much

Before you try revolutionizing the country, why don’t you revolutionize yourself first? - 土方十四郎
Feb 13, 2022 10:24 AM

Jul 2008
I want to see more of Ogasawara-senpei !
Nothing happened aaaaat all, but still this enjoyable warm feels !
Feb 13, 2022 10:24 AM

Sep 2017
Well shit, they are still dragging it out. Spose I can't fully blame Miyano. Can't say I know what it's like to think I'm straight but then have this whole situation happen.
Feb 13, 2022 10:25 AM
Nov 2020
Honestly it feels kind of like bi erasure. I know "I'm straight except for with my partner" is a popular trope but it almost feels like mocking to say, "oh I dont like guys" rather than exploring bisexuality or other sexulaities on the spectrum.
That said, I do love the show. I love the character's dynamics with eachother and I adore Miyano's friends. I just wish there was more to explore besides 100% straight and 100% gay.
Feb 13, 2022 10:38 AM
Mar 2021
skylucario said:
God the funimation subs for this episode were so bad. They took that conversation on the bridge a little bit out of context. Sasaki’s seiyuu’s delivery in this episode was so freaking good

Just wondering, what context is missing? (I watched the Funimation version)
My Candies :D
Bonus ~
Feb 13, 2022 10:53 AM
Aug 2021
this show brings the biggest smile on my face...and its literally the best part of my week idk what that says abt me but damn this one is tooo cute..
Feb 13, 2022 11:09 AM

Oct 2017
cute episode, but nothing really happened... miyano still needs time to consider the confession. hopefully we get a decision soon, it feels very dragged out :(
Feb 13, 2022 11:19 AM

Jan 2021
phantom_trash said:
skylucario said:

Just wondering, what context is missing? (I watched the Funimation version)

in the subs he said he “doesn’t get being attracted to the same gender,” whereas in the manga it says he had just never thought about it.
Basiccake said:
cute episode, but nothing really happened... miyano still needs time to consider the confession. hopefully we get a decision soon, it feels very dragged out :(

lol it’s a slow burn… imo it’s not dragged out at all i have seen much worse. one of the more interesting parts of the series is how miyano realises his feelings and he is definitely not the type of person to just blurt it out right away

Before you try revolutionizing the country, why don’t you revolutionize yourself first? - 土方十四郎
Feb 13, 2022 11:27 AM

Mar 2021
Basiccake said:

I did think it was a little dragged out in the manga but it's obvious this ep he isn't nearly ready to respond when he has so many internal fears and doubts. A glaring one is his insecurity about looking feminine - he still has a huge complex over it that's unresolved.
Feb 13, 2022 12:11 PM

May 2019
Snail progress as usual. My boy will never get laid sadge.
If you read Eleceed you're automatically my friend.
Feb 13, 2022 12:31 PM
Jul 2020
I think this is by far the best episode (let´s see what we got from the next ones hehe).

The way how Miyano told Sasaki what he felt was incredible and super cute, also it means that Miyano is someone who likes to think carefully about serious terms, specially love topics as this one. Besides, i have a soft spot for the way Sasaki replies to anything that Miyano does, and tnot being worried about the time he would wait for the answer of the boy he loves.

I'm falling in love even more than before with these two. Sadly, we are on the first half of the story, and days are passing so fast! I look foward Miyano's love confession <3

Btw, one thing which i think is that them are just basing their relationship on BL mangas, not knowing each other about their lifes but, well, i hope that, from now, the story would change that feature.
claudiamenrodFeb 13, 2022 12:36 PM
Feb 13, 2022 1:59 PM

Jun 2019
Ok episode.

I think they’re milking Miyano’s considering of whether he likes Sasaki for too long. I’m not sure how many days have past since Sasaki asked the question, but Miyano should have a good idea by now. If it has something to do with Miyano not being able to accept that he is attracted to Sasaki, then they should be focusing on why that is instead of being somewhat stuck in the mud with him debating it.

All the shapes constantly flying around is getting to be too much as well.
Feb 13, 2022 2:13 PM
Feb 2020
Honestly, with this anime, and Given, it's nice to be in a new era of bl anime series with such positive representation. They're not 100% perfect, there are certainly some issues here in particular, but both are a fantastic step in the right direction.
Feb 13, 2022 2:35 PM
Feb 2020
the complaints here about how it feels like this is being "dragged out" kinda feels unwarranted. miyano is literally an insecure high schooler who has identified as straight his whole life and has never thought about being attracted to guys. the show giving him time to process his feelings about his identity and his feelings for sasaki feels appropriate and speaks true to a lot of people's coming out experiences
holygroundFeb 13, 2022 3:50 PM
Feb 13, 2022 2:45 PM
Apr 2021
ProofByColor said:
Well shit, they are still dragging it out. Spose I can't fully blame Miyano. Can't say I know what it's like to think I'm straight but then have this whole situation happen.
they will got together in ep 10
Feb 13, 2022 3:49 PM

Oct 2019
moncayk1 said:
Honestly, with this anime, and Given, it's nice to be in a new era of bl anime series with such positive representation. They're not 100% perfect, there are certainly some issues here in particular, but both are a fantastic step in the right direction.

holyground said:
the complaints here about how "slow" the progress kinda feels unwarranted. miyano is literally an insecure high schooler who has identified as straight his whole life and has never thought about being attracted to guys. the show giving him time to process his feelings about his identity and his feelings for sasaki feels appropriate and speaks true to a lot of people's coming out experiences

100% agreed with both posts.
The slow burn is essential for the characters and their relationship to develop believably, considering the whole BL meta that's going on as well.
Feb 13, 2022 3:51 PM

Nov 2019
Slow-burn continues as exams loom over the boys, little moments of fluff and kindness brighten it all up

The umbrella scene at the end was nice to watch, I can't wait to see how they move on from this now
tappdancing786Feb 13, 2022 3:56 PM
Feb 13, 2022 5:02 PM

Aug 2020
Good progress. When the chibi art appears it removes the awkwardness between the sweet scenes and it is perfect. Fluffy episode!

» [The World's Continuation【世界のつづき】- UTA/Ado ♪] «
0:00 〇────── 4:55
↺ |◁ II ▷| ♡

Come and Join us!
Evil Club ψ
FuwaFuwa Sanctuary ✿
✿ DeaD Blossoms ✿
Feb 13, 2022 7:47 PM

Mar 2016
This was mostly a good episode, but I have a small problem. It's not specific to only this anime, but it exists here too, so. . . Why is it that in BL, they feel the need to add a scene where either one or both guys say they don't like guys? It's so unnecessary! I wish they wouldn't touch on the subject of attraction at all. Or, do what RWRB did, and have the character start noticing that they were indeed bi (or maybe pan or demi) all along, and just had never fallen in love with the same gender before.
Feb 13, 2022 8:09 PM
May 2017
Crownmechaotic said:
Honestly it feels kind of like bi erasure. I know "I'm straight except for with my partner" is a popular trope but it almost feels like mocking to say, "oh I dont like guys" rather than exploring bisexuality or other sexulaities on the spectrum.
That said, I do love the show. I love the character's dynamics with eachother and I adore Miyano's friends. I just wish there was more to explore besides 100% straight and 100% gay.

Many of these BL mangaka really do avoid making their characters just gay, let alone bi, huh. Most BL are likely written by straight Japanese women so it makes sense for them not to write from a perspective foreign to them. And being Japan, it's probably realistic that guys aren't exposed to anything besides heterosexuality and "that weird thing those handsy feminine crossdressing men are", unless they actively research it themselves. It's best not to interpret any ill-intent from the lack of bi rep.

All of that aside, I still think this is cute.
Blue_Maroon said:

All the shapes constantly flying around is getting to be too much as well.

I agree with this though lol
JoshsoJBFeb 13, 2022 8:15 PM
Feb 13, 2022 8:10 PM
Nov 2021
This show always makes me smile, I loved the new episode!
Feb 13, 2022 8:34 PM

Jan 2021
In response to a few comments:
I think it is too early to argue this is “bi erasure” when they are both still figuring themselves out. Sasaki has never liked anyone before, period. Miyano is extremely insecure and needs time. Realising you’re bi when surrounded by heteronormativity / after never having had to think about it before is not simple. A lot of people are in a constant state of questioning. I was for a really long time. Like, not everyone has a concept of it immediately. I think them outright realising it NOW, especially when people do not talk about sexuality as openly in Japan as they do here, would just be unrealistic. That said, again, the subs were translated very unfortunately / inaccurately and it is less egregious in the manga, in which Sasaki said “I’m not sure, but I like you.”
skylucarioFeb 14, 2022 8:23 AM

Feb 13, 2022 10:50 PM

Apr 2015
Decent episode. I mainly just liked the last portion of the episode when Sasaki and Miyano had the serious discussion about their current feelings. From my experience with romance anime in general, it's refreshing to see two people actually communicating their honest feelings with one another instead of beating around the bush or rushing straight in from a confession.
I'm surprised quite a few people are complaining about the "slow pacing" since a lot of romance anime have one person trying to play dumb after getting confessed to or don't even have someone confess until 10+ episodes later. I think Miyano asking for more time is perfectly reasonable, especially considering it's about a feeling he's never experienced before. Although I do wish there's more exploration of other spectrums aside from just being "straight" or "gay" for one person - like bi, pan, demi, etc. And I actually think their relationship is growing quite fast since it feels like they haven't talked about much aside from BL lol. But hopefully they'll be able to learn more and grow closer soon through other topics.
XiaoFeb 14, 2022 12:00 AM

"As promised, all that you seek, all that we desire, is prepared up there. On top of the Tower."
Feb 14, 2022 12:36 AM
Nov 2018
skylucario said:
In response to a few comments:
I think it is too early to argue this is “bi erasure” when they are both still figuring themselves out. Sasaki has never liked anyone before, period. Miyano is extremely insecure and needs time. Realising you’re bi when surrounded by heteronormativity / after never having had to think about it before is not simple. A lot of people are in a constant state of questioning. I was for a really long time. Like, not everyone has a concept of it immediately. I think them outright realising it NOW, especially when people do not talk about sexuality as openly in Japan as they do here, would just be unrealistic. That said, again, the subs were translated very unfortunately / inaccurately and it is less egregious in the manga

THIS. The subs are pretty inaccurate, in the manga Sasaki answered Miyano's question with some kind of uncertainty which shows he wasn't really sure himself. Miyano is his first crush too, he was never interested in girls either. Both Miyano and Sasaki's struggles about their sexuality are super relatable to me, since I was raised in an environment where labeling yourself is not encouraged and everyone is not exactly friendly to lgbt topics. I relate especially to Sasaki, with him feeling attraction to someone for the first time but unsure/confused about his actual preferences.

I'd like to say too that Miyano's denial despite reading bl is pretty realistic, I had a similar experience to him except the denial lasted wayyy longer lol.
Feb 14, 2022 5:14 AM
Jan 2022
I'm glad that I found my comfort anime to this masterpiece.
Feb 14, 2022 6:41 AM
Jul 2016
Crownmechaotic said:

My interpretation is that both of them are new to this. In the manga Sasaki says that he can't explain entirely this, he just knows he likes Miyano. But yeah, I understand what you're saying. I'm pansexual and it gets on my nerves how so many BLs are kinda biphobic/panphobic.
Feb 14, 2022 7:38 AM

Jan 2022
Cute episode as always, I really love it.
Also about the bi erasure: sexualities are complex and take time to realize. I didn't realize mine until I was 17 and even then I still had the "denial" phase for a long time. Also, there are more labels that could fit them besides bisexuality if we really wanna add a label, so I wouldn't say "100% straight or 100% gay".
Feb 14, 2022 8:03 AM
Feb 2022
OMGGGG!! SOO CUTEEEE!
My heart cant take it anymoreeee!!
Feb 14, 2022 10:26 AM
Mar 2021
MAN i love sasamiya...i honestly thought they were gonna kiss at the end lul
Feb 14, 2022 10:36 AM

Dec 2016
I love the way how Sasaki respects Miyano in waiting for his answer. Not feeling negative and no pushing either. People like this are real gem <3
Looking forward for the next episode! :D

[*]My Completed List
[*]♪Listen ►
[/list][/left]
Feb 14, 2022 12:32 PM

Jun 2020
LOL Tashiro is so goofy and cuteㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋ

I like how it doesn’t solely revolve around Sasaki & Miyano. The SOL aspect is done pretty nicely — Hirano has as much of a presence (even when he didn’t even appear in this episode lol) it’s actually so cute & immersive & makes me enjoy watching the other characters too. There’s no forced drama that put the side characters into the spotlight, all their interactions are natural & cute to watch hehe

Sasaki’s fangs are KILLING MEEEEEEEEEEE SO CUTEEEEEEEE ಠ_ರೃ

but i’ll probably remember over and over again
you were there and everyone else was there
— the day we all searched for just one thing

Feb 14, 2022 2:58 PM
Apr 2017
phantomfandom said:
Their love is purer than my drinking water.

this is the most accurate comment!!! so true!
Feb 15, 2022 3:41 AM

Sep 2018
Goddamit this show is about to give me diabetes
Stop wasting time on MAL, go watch Planet With!
Feb 15, 2022 12:32 PM

Jul 2016
Hope the BL Sasaki was watching on TV was Given or Doukyuusei. Such good shows.

Pretty sweet episode overall. Kuresawa is such a "pollera" tho (argentinian slang).
Feb 19, 2022 1:49 AM

Jan 2021

But to be honest seeing Sasaki did well on exams because Miyano cheered him on and gave him candy (thanks to Hirano's teachings too) made me remember that falling in love can change how we look and do things.

It's great to see someone fall in love. Their days looked so much fun and I couldn't help but smile!! ♡

I'm happy for Sasaki! I'm happy for them! Hopefully Miyano can give Sasaki his answer soon <3
hanakocheeksFeb 19, 2022 2:00 AM

Feb 19, 2022 11:27 AM

Dec 2019
I really really hope we'll get a kiss by the end of the season.
Feb 27, 2022 3:39 AM
Sep 2020
I really like this episode, Miyano and gets closer with Sasaki and i say this enough this is so cute.
Mar 4, 2022 2:02 PM

Jan 2022
episode was kinda boring for me, more invested in kuresawa's girlfriend
Mar 10, 2022 7:06 AM

Apr 2020
Ah this episode was good. Sasaki and Miyano really figuring out what their relationship really is, and both have some answers....its still yet to be determined. But for now, they'll be the same old friends that likes each other, and that may translate to love.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Sasaki to Miyano Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Gardevoir101 - Jan 9, 2022

157 by ImmaBeTheHero »»
Apr 28, 11:43 AM

Poll: » Sasaki to Miyano Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

KANLen09 - Mar 27, 2022

131 by NotBonBon »»
Apr 21, 1:45 PM

» I'm conflicted

Aroertas - Apr 16, 2022

17 by NemuriNezumi »»
Apr 7, 2:04 PM

Poll: » Sasaki to Miyano Episode 5 Discussion

KANLen09 - Feb 6, 2022

41 by DebiPS »»
Feb 20, 6:06 PM

Poll: » Sasaki to Miyano Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 )

KANLen09 - Jan 16, 2022

65 by DebiPS »»
Feb 18, 9:43 AM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.