Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Peach Boy Riverside
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »
Aug 26, 2021 6:28 AM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Ooh, the storytelling of Mikoto. I find it interesting how they used a darker style of coloring for the background storytelling scenes. Of course, it also highlights the crueler setting of the past.

One of the more interesting episodes of this show imo, especially if you're curious about Mikoto.
Aug 26, 2021 7:20 AM

Apr 2018
Hiko is another peach boy that defeated oni's. Crazy how he went to the Oni Island and slaughtered everyone there.
Really loved the darker tone of the episode. We're finally at Mikito's backstory. An adopted kid living with Hiko.
The OST was pretty good this episode epsically when the Oni God appeared.

Cruel ending for Hiko but this is where Mikito's hatred comes from.

Seems like this is episode 12..

“You yourself have to change first, or nothing will change for you!”
'
Aug 26, 2021 7:24 AM

Jul 2017
You've seen it here first folks: the episode spoiler for the chronological version of Episode 12, covering Chapters 34-39.
Which IMO would NOT make for a good ending for the anime version. Shigeru Ueda does a W this time, I have to admit that the "On Air" version got its own justice.

The history of the Momotaro a.k.a Peach Boy, starting with the legendary Kibitsuhiko-no-Mikoto, the prince who slayed an oni.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kibitsuhiko-no-mikoto

The Dog accompanying this legendary prince Hiko who wants to find his parents who abandoned him, and as soon as he slayed that demon, he becomes a household demon slayer hero figure. He's a yes-man to take care of the people under him, even when the whole village is under the influence that demons are eating humans, to the point that kid Mikoto is being used as a scapegoat, and adult Mikoto a.k.a Hiko senses his plea to save him.

The awkward life of Hiko teaching Mikoto the ways of the demon slayer, and it loks like it's going well like a father and son family. But with the arrival of Judge Oni a.k.a Nobrega, kid Mikoto has to face reality, and Hiko isn't enough to defeat Nobrega (with most of the fight of the manga severely cut out). Hiko will not survive this, but he gives a road ahead for Mikoto, to pass him the sword that he used to slay demons and forge his own path into becoming a Momotaro from influence.

As Episode 9 to work in the "On Air" version, as a manga reader, I'd say that this arrangement WORKS REALLY WELL, colour me surprised. The translation to the manga, some of the backstory is anime-original (future content cut out) with most manga related scenes spliced in to fit the context.

Nonetheless, this is an episode that does the "On Air" order justice. And next episode is Episode 11 of the chronological order, which means that for those who've been religiously following the "Time Series" order, after next week's episode you are done with the ENTIRE anime.
KANLen09Aug 26, 2021 7:38 AM
Aug 26, 2021 7:34 AM

Mar 2021
That was actually a beautiful episode. We learned about the story of the Peach🍑 Boy. It was sad what happened to him at the end but he lived an amazing life, saving people from the oni. He became a true friend/brother to Mikoto, he taught him to always smile even in times of difficulties.

Initially, I never thought that Mikoto was half oni since he took the job as the new "Peach Boy", it's ironic.
Aug 26, 2021 7:51 AM
Shalltear

Apr 2018
Interesting backstory for Mikoto and his master/adoptive brother/the one that killed his father, Hiro, so that's how Mikoto got his power and he had an ogre father, so he removed his horn hmm, probably the best episode so far.
Aug 26, 2021 8:08 AM

Dec 2020
So we learned more about Momotaro and hiko. I was surprised to see mikoto was a child of a human and demon.
Also he killed the demon god easily after hiko died.
P O S I T I V E V I B E Sシ

Aug 26, 2021 8:55 AM

Feb 2019
Mikoto and Mikoto’s backstory was pretty tragic, but now we know how young Mikoto has his powers and why he hates Oni’s so much. I always knew something was suspicious with his irrational hatred. Him being half oni should be the perfect answer to the question of coexistence.
Aug 26, 2021 9:51 AM
Sep 2015
Beautifully sad episode. I'm wondering if the original Momotaro story is happy or darkly twist like Grimm's brother story.
Aug 26, 2021 10:08 AM
Sep 2020
Best episode of the series...what an awesome backstory..I am really liking this anime...Never read manga..Still never had any problems with order or understanding anything...Very good anime for me but not surprised if other people hate it because of that
Aug 26, 2021 10:15 AM
Aug 2021
Very solid episode. I loved the backstory and the darker story made it very interesting to watch. The cinematography/animation was also really on point in this episode. If the show continues like this is would make a really good 8 out of 10 for me.
Aug 26, 2021 10:18 AM

Jul 2011
Im kinda sad, because the pheasant and the monkey never existed in that story.

A TALKING dog saying that the peach story could be a lie. Excuse me.

Mikoto breaking the horn may have consequences to defeating the next Kishin. I mean he stacked the Momotaro power with ogre power to defeat it, from what I got from it.
Aug 26, 2021 10:27 AM
Jul 2021
Seriously this was the BEST episode of the season for me, if there was more action to that stuff with Mikoto and Mikoto I'd even watch a prequel series. I seriously wasn't sure what was going on. I thought that they were telling a story about Mikoto so because it was in "story form" they changed his looks and we're going to reveal it but it was so much better. But seriously did all the Anime only people know he was half Ogre the whole time? I thought to get "Peach Powers" was a Human thing. And is there any chance we'll find out that Sally is actually half Ogre too? Also I REALLY wish Millia had different hair or eye colors, because with her memory loss and such a similar appearance I keep confusing them and wondering if they are going to reveal that Sally lodt her memories and it's actually her. Anyway I really love this series(although I really wish they played it in order of events not time jumping, a little would be fine but sometimes I am confused wnd its a bummer) and can't wait for the conclusion, and hopefully we get a S2
Aug 26, 2021 10:32 AM

Feb 2019
KANLen09 said:
You've seen it here first folks: the episode spoiler for the chronological version of Episode 12, covering Chapters 34-39.
Which IMO would NOT make for a good ending for the anime version. Shigeru Ueda does a W this time, I have to admit that the "On Air" version got its own justice.

I completely disagree, this would have made the perfect ending, whether it gets another season or not. I think this is possibly the biggest flub by Ueda. In fact, the fact that Millia was carrying a sleeping Mikoto at the end, basically spoils the outcome of what happened after the ogre put him to sleep.

Not to mention all of the people who have already dropped the series because of the stupid jumping around in the story, that spoils future content, and just makes it confusing.
HOOfan_1Aug 26, 2021 10:37 AM
Aug 26, 2021 10:41 AM
Jun 2020
That's not how i remember it in manga they changed a few things in anime
Aug 26, 2021 11:10 AM

Apr 2012
I'm so annoyed with the fact the director ruined this anime by randomly arranging episodes like drawing straws. The dislestic approach has given me a headache.
"Manga readers are annoying, all they do is complain or spoil the anime we discuss in an anime forum.
They should really do their whining at manga forums.

USERS ON MY IGNORED LIST:
RayReynolds - SSL443 - Dr4kon - Nerdanimefan1992 - ToTheMountains - Fiveskies
To add users to the Ignore list: (1) Go to Account settings (2) Click Forum tab and toggle down (3) Type or paste user name on entry box (4) Click Add and you're done.
Problem solved, you'll never have to see someone trolling ever again because their post will be closed/collapsed.
Aug 26, 2021 11:52 AM

Sep 2015
Well the soundtrack that went on to the next scene where Mikoto was looking for Hiko felt weird .

But it felt rather weird... because from before Mikoto had his father as an ogre before he was killed and now a human as a substitute brother. But I guess when when Mikoto heard the conversation with Hiko, he understand his intentions.
August 6th 2023: Biggest upset ever, deception, selfishness, or scammed, manipulated. Heavy damage costs, and more. Days since: 15 Last updated: 8/21/2023

One Piece Episode 1041 & 1042 & 1047 & 1048 & 95.75%/1049 & 1053 were a mistake and Uta brought the salvation -AhriTheS3xyFox

Aug 26, 2021 12:01 PM

Jul 2017
@HOOfan_1 well I mean that if this is to the extent of Ueda trying to prove that he could still do wonders, then this is a deal-breaker depending on your take. Some will like it, others will not.

Not saying that I COMPLETELY side with Ueda on this haphazard arrangement, just that if he planned out to avoid having anime-original content in the show, then because I've already watched the chronological order, I can say that IMO this is his success. But as you said with all the future content for spoilers, then I side with you that this should not have been done like this from the get-go.
Aug 26, 2021 1:02 PM
Dec 2020
This episode was nice, finally, we know that backstory and ye solid episode.
some people...
Aug 26, 2021 1:36 PM

Jan 2020
I thought this episode was actually quite good. I liked learning more of Mikoto and I appreciated how different it felt compared to usual.

A but emotional too

Aug 26, 2021 2:17 PM

Jul 2010

Official unofficial RPS chart of this anime's setting.
Aug 26, 2021 3:39 PM

Jun 2017
Hiko vs Kishin was pretty rad in the manga, too bad they cut out most of his scenes there.

Anyway I don't think this ep would have made a bad season closer because basically it was revealed Mikoto is half-oni. (and oh boi do I ship him with Millia hard, I know he wants a "stacked blonde aka Sally" but he should just appreciate the loli xD)

I am really worried the stupid random air order killed any chance for S2.
Aug 26, 2021 4:32 PM
Jul 2018
Mikoto's past Revealed is tense he really lost the person he loved is who gave his name to Mikoto, episode in general had many fights and several tense scenes.
Aug 26, 2021 4:46 PM

Nov 2015
Well the shuffeled order was not a problem this episode since it's basically a flashback , in fact watching it as first episode works too.
Aug 26, 2021 5:19 PM
Jul 2017
Bruh Mikoto was literally giving me Thorfinn vibes XD. This was definetly my favorite episode so far.
Aug 26, 2021 5:40 PM
Aug 2021
I personally thought it was a great episode, possibly the best so far. Does anyone happen to know the name of the ost used in this episode
Aug 26, 2021 5:53 PM
Apr 2021
this is probably the only episode in the show that could have been placed at any point in the episode order without it feeling confusing - since it's a contained story. However seeing as the episode order was changed after the episodes were already finished, the fact that the end of the episode has bits continuing episode 8 probably means that this was supposed to be episode 9
Aug 26, 2021 10:49 PM
May 2021
A very emotional episode that in my opinion performs its acts better than the rest that tells the story of Mikoto. It's pleasant to see where he came from but also very sad and depressing.
Aug 27, 2021 5:16 AM

Oct 2020
best episode of the series so far.

does anyone know the name of the background track in this episode, it was super nice. thanks in advance x

✧ THE NIGHT SHONE UPON TWO, ME & YOU ✧ FORUM SET BY:SAINTZEPH

Aug 27, 2021 5:40 AM

Oct 2016
That was a really great episode and definitely the best episode so far! I guess I can understand why this episode wouldn't be the "perfect" season finale, but at the same time it would have still been fine if it was. Either way, I am really enjoying Peach Boy.

This episode had some cool ass shots, and this was my favorite. This episode was also definitely the best produced overall.

Didn't expect Mikoto to be half ogre, but it makes sense with how powerful he is. Much much more powerful than Hiko who was only human. So, Hiko passed his peach powers to Mikoto, I wonder how Sally was able to get hers. I always just assumed she got it from Mikoto somehow, but now I am questioning that. Really looking forward to the next episode.
Aug 27, 2021 6:51 AM

Nov 2018
OST was very good looks like an RPG's OST
So basically this was last episode. I understand why they make this random airing after watching the last episode
Aug 27, 2021 7:44 AM

Nov 2017
One more episode then, say good bye to this anime....
Now Loading.....
Aug 27, 2021 9:57 AM

Jun 2016
i dunno why this anime have low score !!

this totally pretty good anime !
Aug 27, 2021 12:30 PM

Jun 2021
Yes, this was a really great episode for me, best of all eps till now. I liked how the dog who lived with both of them and saw the whole thing happen narrated the story to us (sad tho). Also noticed it had some good bg music.
Aug 27, 2021 12:42 PM

May 2021
This episode was decent, I guess the best of all the clusterfuck that have happened in this anime. I guess it makes sense to NOT end with this episode, because it is seemingly inconclussive. The question would be, why would you even try to adapt this? Couldnt they just arrange the episodes in a way that both makes sense and doesnt end like shit? Did they really need to change everything? Doubt so

Aug 27, 2021 4:43 PM

Sep 2014
NirvashX1 said:
i dunno why this anime have low score !!

this totally pretty good anime !

Obviously because of the shuffled order. And I agree it's one of the best anime this season.
Aug 27, 2021 6:55 PM

Oct 2018
Very interesting episode about the past of Mikoto, very sad story. Hope we will learn more about the "peach power"
Aug 27, 2021 9:29 PM

Oct 2008
Mikoto's godlike Hatred against the Orges is like the same level for Goblin Slayer! This is already a personal VENDETTA!!!
5/5.

Aug 29, 2021 3:09 AM

Dec 2008
Great backstory episode, after everything I will watch everything in the right order.
Hiko vs Ogre works, Hiko vs Kishin doesn't work at all, they showed nothing of the fight, but the power gap must be immense. I found the lack of limbs very painful to watch.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Aug 29, 2021 3:14 AM
Mar 2021
Wow! This was hands down one of the best backstories I've ever seen. And I love they used a darker style of coloring. This was easily its best episode so far
Aug 29, 2021 10:19 AM

Jan 2018
So Mikoto is a former ogre huh. And he easily beat Kinshin.
Sep 2, 2021 5:29 AM
Apr 2016
honestly this is pretty good anime, but I can't handle it anymore because the story shuffled so much from eps to eps.
Who's the MC? Whats the goal? the story not progressing and going backwards

This is your choice if you like it or not
Sep 5, 2021 4:25 PM

Apr 2013
Really good episode.
Sep 11, 2021 10:21 PM

Dec 2016
So that's what happened in Mikoto's past.

Then that means Mikoto is actually really old.
Sep 18, 2021 12:14 AM
May 2020
Actually pretty good episode !
Sep 19, 2021 4:27 PM

Mar 2016
If not for that last clip, I would put this episode as number 7 in chronological order. Overall good episode.
No tomo malas decisiones, solo me gusta apoyar causas perdidas.
Disfruté Mayoiga, Ou-sama Game, Evil or Live, Mirai Nikki, Big Order, Arifureta, Ex-Arm, Tesla Note, Shuumatsu no Harem y Platinum End
nope les falle con esa, lo siento pero todos tenemos nuestros límites.
Así de jodido es mi gusto en anime, ¡Y estoy pinche orgulloso de ello!

Sep 24, 2021 8:17 AM

Jul 2015
As the last chronological episode its also in my opinion the best episode so far with how it ties in the classic Momotaro folklore with what we've seen and also showing Mikoto's tragic backstory.

Overall good series if not for the directors decision to make this 'less confusing' by pointlessly shuffle the order messing up the events.

Sep 27, 2021 3:50 AM
Mar 2012
really nice backstory. Surprising how he's halfy, complicated hate for ogres, but also dislikes most humans who bullied him so doesn't prioritize 'saving humans'.

I think ending on ep10 or ep9 both good closure. ep12 was a weak choice for ending, as the other 2 episodes have way stronger fights and importance. Still needs S2 for Legedia.
Hmm? Millia saved Mikoto, rare time where oni saves anyone, as usually they even attack their own kind.

Overall enjoyed the cool gritty fights, funny colorful cast - esp Winnie & Millia, & bits of character growth.
The only deadweight been Carrot, tho near end helped a little.
Mikoto pure oni killer, now doubting himself more.
Sally started as generic naive peace mc, gained partial control of peach power, threatens & kills some onis, all while keeping negotiations open for oni comrades.
Hiko & Hawthorn both insist resentment needs to aim somewhere, quite a specific idea.

Was hoping a dual pov show, but Mikoto got too lil screentime for that. Always fun to show the ogre pov with Sumeragi scheming, but also limited screentime.
Oct 1, 2021 10:54 AM

Apr 2015
Loved Morikawa's performance. Backstory itself was just ok.
Nov 9, 2021 5:11 PM

Feb 2016
This was a very good anime. I hope it gets another season, and I look forward to reading the manga.
It's too bad they cut Momotaro's chicken and monkey companions from the story.
その目だれの目?
Dec 25, 2021 8:33 AM

Oct 2015
Best episode of the series imo. Tbh, I thought Peach Boy was bad. Like, the storytelling was really bad. But it was still interesting somehow. I still continued it, although I really thought I was gonna drop it. I'm glad I didn't. This episode saved the anime. The storytelling here is great. I'll rate it higher no matter what the ending would be.
   HuaLian <3
Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Peach Boy Riverside Episode 10 Discussion

Stark700 - Sep 2, 2021

38 by Archean-Return »»
Sep 16, 2023 6:34 PM

Poll: » Peach Boy Riverside Episode 8 Discussion

Stark700 - Aug 19, 2021

38 by Archean-Return »»
Sep 16, 2023 6:03 PM

Poll: » Peach Boy Riverside Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 )

anime-prime - Jul 10, 2021

81 by Archean-Return »»
Sep 16, 2023 5:37 PM

Poll: » Peach Boy Riverside Episode 6 Discussion

Stark700 - Aug 5, 2021

29 by Archean-Return »»
Sep 16, 2023 4:56 PM

Poll: » Peach Boy Riverside Episode 5 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Jul 29, 2021

72 by Archean-Return »»
Sep 16, 2023 4:19 PM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.