Forum Settings
Forums

What is you're favorit anime op if you take both the video and the music in to equal consideration

New
Jan 19, 2021 9:57 PM
Jun 2019
I find that this question is asked much less that "whats you're favorit song". The question could also be, whats op can you watch the most times in a row without getting tired of.

I don't know for sure but mine might be Soul eater 1 or The promised neverland 1
Pages (2) [1] 2 »
Jan 19, 2021 10:00 PM

Apr 2020
theres a lot but the darling in the franxx had beautiful visuals and music
and steins;gate. there is no getting tired of the steins;gate opening. its just impossible.
the fate apochrypha first op is a whole masterpiece and half.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jan 19, 2021 10:01 PM
Jul 2018
There are a lot of them but
I think dororo op1 fits perfectly
Jan 19, 2021 10:06 PM

Aug 2020
Jujutsu Kaisen op 1
Noragami op 2
Tokyo ghoul op4

these fits perfectly
"Fear is necessary for evolution. The fear that one could be destroyed at any moment"
-Aizen Sousuke
Jan 19, 2021 10:07 PM

Apr 2017
Right now, Assault Lily Bouquet.... Raise a Suilen became my gateway to the Bang Dream rabbit hole......... :(

Jan 19, 2021 10:08 PM

Jul 2020
I would have to give it to either Black Rover with it having solid visuals alongside on of the catchiest opening songs I have listened to
or
Reason Living because of the same said above
Jan 19, 2021 10:09 PM
Nov 2020
Definetly the 13th op of One Piece. Both the song rocks (One Day - THE ROOTLESS) and the video is great.

Jan 19, 2021 10:46 PM
Apr 2018
There's a lot, & i listen to many of them (in the present ~400 of them), based on my mood.

So i won't name only one, cause ANIME is Bliss!
---------------------------------------

And people will most likely choose the ones which are from the currently Airing ANIME.
Jan 19, 2021 10:51 PM

Aug 2020
From the shows I can remember the OP / Video, Tank from Cowboy Bebop is my favorite

Has a 8.60 mean score
Akasaka > Other Mangakas

Jan 19, 2021 10:55 PM
May 2020
Railgun OP 2 -Level5 Judgelight-
Jujutsu Kaisen OP 1 Kaikai Kitan
Jan 19, 2021 10:58 PM
Dec 2020
Soul Eater OP1
Parasyte OP
Akame Ga Kill OP2
Sweetness & Lightning OP
Promised Neverland OP
Jan 19, 2021 11:13 PM

Dec 2020
Fullmetal Alchemist op 1

Stein;Gate

Jujutsu Kaisen op 1
"no one really laughs on the internet, they just go 'hM' and type '𝕃𝕄𝔸𝕆𝔸𝕆𝕄𝔸𝕆𝔸'."

I'm Level 69 on Mal Badges. View My Badges.

Jan 19, 2021 11:17 PM

May 2018
My're favoreet am Kemono Friends you're're me is am y'all. Sory for mi bed inglesh.
Nemo_NiemandJan 19, 2021 11:25 PM

Jan 19, 2021 11:17 PM

Jul 2020
Mob psycho opening 1 for sure if I take both music and the visuals
If I take only music in consideration then Dr stone season 2 opening would be my best opening of all time.
For visuals it would be Horimiya opening 1.The animation is so beautiful.
whats op can you watch the most times in a row without getting tired of.

I watched Dr stone s2 opening a couple of hundred times already so that would be my answer.

Scordolo's Recent Reviews
To your eternity
Vanitas no Karte
Jan 19, 2021 11:29 PM

Nov 2011
I think I always consider both the song and video when talking about my favorite OPs. I don't think I would like to listen to any of them many times (like 10 times or more) in row though.

I also always consider Soul Eater OP1 is among the best ever by the way.
"The Slave is the have-not, the oppressed one with nothing to spare.
But because the Slave is in that despairing situation, having nothing, it can kill the Emperor !"
Jan 19, 2021 11:38 PM

Feb 2019
Shinzura said:
Gintama OP13 (Sakura Mitsutsuki) still the best opening i've seen and heard.

I was gonna say the same. Gintama Op 13 has always has been the best

Others may include Colours from Code Geass and Ambiguous form Kill La Kill

『ᴅᴇᴍᴏɴ-ʟɪᴋᴇ ᴊᴜᴅɢᴇ ᴏꜰ ꜰɪʀᴇ』

Then her jaw slackened as she muttered out.
[I... am the bi◼️?]

☽ † ☾
- ᴅᴇʟɪᴠᴇʀɪᴇꜱ
- ꜱɪɢ ᴍᴀᴅᴇ ʙʏ ʜᴜᴍᴀɴᴛᴡɪɢ

Jan 20, 2021 12:04 AM

Nov 2020
One Piece i think , good music and animation equal ofc ... !

Jan 20, 2021 12:10 AM

Jul 2019
opening? I mostly likes ending song though, but
Ginsen no Kaze is the best opening (for now).
It was from Madan no Ou to Vanadis.

This's my profile
This's my anime list
This's my reviews
🌸Would you be my friend?. I'd love to have an online friend.🌸
Jan 20, 2021 12:10 AM
Apr 2020
Naruto op 16..damnn what a banger and visuals are really good too
Jan 20, 2021 12:14 AM

Nov 2020
My favorite OP is That time I got reincarnated as a slime OP 1 "Nameless Story"

Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jan 20, 2021 12:14 AM

Jun 2020
JoJo's Bizarre Adventure: Golden Wind Opening 2
Jan 20, 2021 12:20 AM

Jun 2017
Right now, AoT The Final Season OP is amazing

Others: Noragami s1, FMAB, Gekkan Shoujo, Steins Gate, Deathnote OP 2, Promised Neverland S1... there are many other good ones I love that I can't remember
Jan 20, 2021 12:26 AM

Mar 2020
Well actually I have a perfect one in my mind but its not actually an Anime Opening but more like Visual Novel Opening - Fate/Hollow Ataraxia Opening 2, I think that still counts as it is animated by ufotable
Jan 20, 2021 12:29 AM

Apr 2020

3-gatsu no lion season 2 OP 1 definitely is one of the best I've seen in terms of art and music. So much emotion in the song with such good animation from shaft
Jan 20, 2021 12:36 AM
Nov 2019
1. Kaikai Kitan - Jujutsu Kaisen op 1
Others:
Kawaki so Ameku - Domestic Girlfriend
AMADAS - Sword Art Online III Alicization
Gurenge - Demon Slayer
Touch Off - The Promised Neverland
Realize - Re:Zero 2nd Season Op 1
Redo - Re:Zero Op 1
Sacrifice - To The Abandoned Scared Beasts
Brave Shine - Fate/stay Night: Unlimited Blade Works
Jan 20, 2021 12:39 AM

Aug 2018
GINTAMA OPENING 13 = BEST ANIME OPENING OF ALL TIME
Jan 20, 2021 12:40 AM
ᴛʜʀᴇᴀᴅ★ʀᴇᴀᴘᴇʀ

Dec 2018
Here are some (NOT ALL) of my obvious picks in no particular order:
  • The piano in this song is so iconic that if I hear just a little bit of it (or Lia's singing) in AnimeMusicQuiz, I'll recognize it right away... naw, screw that, I pretty much recognize this song extremely easily. It's just that iconic and that's just how often I watch either this show or this opening alone lol. Lia's vocals are both soothing and powerful, especially on the most memorable part of the song, and I do like the electric guitar here, as it's also probably the instrument that best describes this show in a nutshell. The animation is just so beautiful, I like the presentation of the characters and their names here even if I can't read their names or that I prefer the more stylized look of these name cards in the other version of this OP, Tenshi playing on the piano........

• Here's another OP from another one of my favorite anime and is one I've rewatched so much that I instantly recognize it on AMQ. This video I particularly chose here is the Blu-Ray edition of the opening, as TV versions of this had some fairly noticeable visual differences. The lyrics are amazing, ClariS's vocal performance makes me want to sing this OP alongside them especially once the song ramps up lol, I like the usage of piano and acoustic guitar in the beginning, I like how the presentation of Madoka imagining her new life as a magical girl is somewhat stylized and cute at the same time, I can practically feel the energy from that whole sequence of Madoka running... god I just love this OP, hahaha what else can I really say? I love the OPs for the Madoka Magica movies as well.

• Here's another favorite I instantly recognize on AMQ, and... ah, what a relaxing opening that also beautifully expresses the mysterious and elegant aspects of this anime at the same time. Just watching it makes me feel super fancy and feel like dancing some ballet. It's just... the song and the video are both just so calm and inviting. I especially love the bit of Flower Waltz arrangement that is at the very end of this opening, very nice piece of music in general and it highlights how most of this anime's soundtrack is comprised of actual, real-life musical compositions made by actual composers, both famous and obscure. May the singer for this rest in piece :(

• Aw come on, I'm a huge magical girl enthusiast, of course I'd mention this here lol. What a very nostalgic pick hahaha... sorry "Moonlight Densetsu", that one may be iconic and I still like listening to it, but "Sailor Star Song" is honestly the objectively better song. It's much more suited for being an opening with an incredibly upbeat and fast-paced song and the animation in the opening is absolutely fantastic to boot. I love how the personalities of each of the Inner Senshi are portrayed at the beginning of this; showing a bit of what that Senshi is like as a civilian on the left while showing what their Senshi form is on the right side is such a great idea in my opinion. Still probably the best Sailor Moon opening even to this day in both song choice and visual presentation.

• Most people who love this show prefer the third opening "Platinum" more, so this is an unpopular opinion and I'd be happy to share it here. Nothing wrong with "Platinum" or "Catch You Catch Me", both are great in their own right, but I personally think that "Platinum" is a bit overrated and that "Tobira wo Akete" definitely needs more love. I love the kind of funky pop that this song is and I get so pumped up just hearing "IT'S ALL RIGHT" (sometimes I actually sing that part haha). I really want to emphasize on how good the aesthetic in this opening is because I feel like nobody ever talks about it, not even those who actually like this opening the most out of the three. The color choices in this is frickin amazing, especially for how the shadow behind Sakura is colored to pop out among the background color and even more especially during the shot where Sakura is looking out at the city from a rooftop. I love Sakura's dress here, it's known as the "Angel Crown Dress" and was exclusively made for this opening. Literally all the cherry blossom petal animation is beautifully and fluidly animated. I adore the part where the cherry blossom petals falls over Sakura's profile towards the end, where it is colored in a specific way where most of Sakura is just a silhouette except for where you can see her face through the cherry blossom petals. I am just amazed at how this opening was animated and colored, and I have no clue as to how they could pull off some of the coloring tricks like that aforementioned sequence near the end so zetta effectively. This whole opening is just generally underappreciated!!

• This anime... this opening... what can I say? I'm pretty sure I'll add this anime to my Profile Favorites after a rewatch lol I love how wide and expansive this song's instrumentation feels, almost as if I'm watching the sky while in a car on the road or something... must be the reverb from the synth or something. Lia's voice here is very welcome and I'd say her performance helped symbolize/emphasize the mystical qualities that this song (and the anime in general) had. And of course, as expected of Kyoto Animation, the video is absolutely outstanding and has some of the most fluid animation I've ever seen in an opening. The skies look beautiful, the hair movement is crazy high quality, I like how the figures of each of the three girls turn into silhouettes depicting the moving skies, I love Potato, and that sequence of Misuzu circling around literally took my breath away the moment I started watching this anime. This is probably my favorite Key anime opening (as well as this show being my favorite Key anime) so far. Stay strong, KyoAni.

Last but not least, I'd like to give a shout-out to an OP of an anime I have yet to watch:

Hooooooly shit. Is this opening good or what?!
So upbeat and lovely, and the animation here is crazy fluid, especially for a non-mainstream Toei Animation anime!!! Color choices are spectacular too!!!!
CAN SOMEBODY PLEASE LICENSE THIS ANIME ALREADY SO THAT I CAN WATCH IT?!?!?!?!
Jan 20, 2021 12:43 AM

Oct 2014
If we're counting visuals too, then I'd go for Carole and Tuesday OP 1. I love the art style and the song is super catchy!
Jan 20, 2021 1:14 AM

Aug 2010
Soul Eater Op 1
Bleach Op 13 (Ranbu no Melody)
SAO: Alicization Op 1 (Adamas)
AoT Season 2 Op 1 (Sasageyo)
Shinigami no Ballad Op 1
JJBA Op 1 (Sono chi no sadame)
Jan 20, 2021 1:37 AM
Jul 2020
Cruel angel thesis of course GOAT of All anime opening can't get it out of my mind
Jan 20, 2021 1:47 AM

Oct 2020
Arakawa under the bridge has the best opening
OBAMOS
Jan 20, 2021 2:05 AM

May 2017
For a long time it was English Dub Dragon Ball Z Opening, Rock the Dragon. Loved the fast paced action of all the episodes and movies cut together. But now my favourite is Season 1 The Promised Neverland. I love the visuals and the song, they work great together as well, easily my favourite.

Also, I love the first opening to Naruto Shippuden, one of my favourites.
Jan 20, 2021 2:16 AM
Aug 2017
I actually love the 2nd Dr Stone opening and the Odd Future opening from My hero academia, I don't know what it is about them but both leave me with feels
Jan 20, 2021 2:24 AM

Sep 2020
A Cruel Angel's Thesis, the visuals complement the amazing music so well. The timing of the clips too, it's just great.
Jan 20, 2021 2:45 AM

Dec 2016
Jujutsu Kaisen OP2 - VIVID VICE (most of you mentioned OP1 but I can't get over the part where Satoru walks holding a bouquet, he looks so cool 🤣)
Jujutsu Kaisen ED1 - LOST IN PARADISE (the way Itadori and Satoru were groovin along with the song)
Shingeki no Kyojin: The Final Season OP - Boku no Sensou (My War)
Dorohedoro - All of the Endings XD
Banana Fish ED1 - Prayer X
Yuri on Ice ED - You only live once
Free! Iwatobi swim club ED - Splash Free
Given OP - Kizuato
The God of High School OP - contradiction

I'll end it here or else it'll get really long XD
Jan 20, 2021 3:23 AM
Apr 2020
Fruits Basket (2001) OP - For Fruits Basket
Honey & Clover OP - Dramatic (The theme of the song & OP animation match up well)
Read or Die OVA OP - ROD Theme
Initial D 2nd Stage OP - Blazin Beat
Carnival Phantasm OP - Super Affection (Fun & Energetic OP to kick off the show)
Kaikan Phrase OP2 - Datenshi Blue
Jan 20, 2021 3:44 AM

Nov 2017
"ROAR" by Maon Kurosaki ( A Certain Magical Index III ) , " only my railgun" by fripSide ( A Certain Scientific Railgun ) , "RESISTER" by ASCA ( SAO Alicization ). There are lots of OP that I liked but these are the top 3 until now.

Jan 20, 2021 9:46 AM
Jul 2018
Daze by Jin and GARNiDELiA from Mekakucity Actors
Complication by ROOKiEZ is PUNK'D from Durarara!!
also the animation doesnt hold up but Fight for Liberty by Uverworld from Uchuu Senkan Yamato 2199 is a banger
removed-userJan 20, 2021 9:50 AM
Jan 20, 2021 9:54 AM

Mar 2016
Durarara (cause I like seeing the name tags)
Unlimited balance (cause I like seeing suzue strutting in her bikini)

just wanna feel wanted by someone other than the police 😫
Jan 20, 2021 1:05 PM
Kii_Ibarra

Dec 2020
I love all the JoJo's Bizarre Adventure OPs but I think Fighting Gold (Golden Wind OP 1) fits this description best as it not only features my favorite opening song of all time even though that isn't all that this question is about but the visuals and transitions are really great too!

Sadly Fighting Gold along with chase (Diamond is Unbreakable OP 2) are the only JoJo OPs not to have "alternate" versions to take them to even greater heights

School-Live!'s alternate versions of the opening visuals as the story progresses aren't as wild as JoJo's (especially Great Days) but the opening gets slightly different every 2 or so episodes until the final version of it feels like a completely different video
My greatest contribution to this website:
Jan 20, 2021 1:09 PM
Jan 2021
Dual existince from Railgun T , it was great
Jan 20, 2021 1:23 PM

Feb 2020
For recent Millionaire detective Op was great. It really loved both music and video

My childhood favorite was Rock the Dragon from dragon ball z
Click for a anime mashup!
BIO
Still not gone bandwagon u, keep crying. Here u are welcome to CRINGE at my EXISTENCE

Jan 20, 2021 1:34 PM
Sep 2020
Kaze no Uta and To the Beginning. Cool Ufotable x2
Jan 20, 2021 1:59 PM

Aug 2016
JoJo OP 2 Bloody Stream probably although the song isn't in my top 15, but it is probably the first opening out of my list that I have a significant liking to the visuals and music.
Jan 20, 2021 2:52 PM

Jul 2020
Gintama op 13. The song is great and so is the visuals. It wins in both categories, anyway.
Jan 20, 2021 2:57 PM

Nov 2019
Beastars op prob my favourite

rytreewr
Jan 20, 2021 2:57 PM

Dec 2020
Konosuba OP 2, felt like it's own mini adventure everytime I started a new episode but the song itself was meh,
I usually care more about the video than the song in an OP tbh.
Jan 20, 2021 3:02 PM

Jan 2021
The Promised Neverland's latest opening is my favourite contrary to the majority of people who watch the show. Hopefully they update the visuals a bit for the next arc though.

I really liked My Hero Academia's 6th opening.

Shingeki no Kyojin's 5th opening is still my favourite from the series.

There's loads more but those are the ones I listen to the most.

Me and the boys on the hunt to find Yuugo.
Jan 20, 2021 3:31 PM

Jan 2017
Sister's Noise from Railgun S.

Dual existence from Railgun T.
Jan 20, 2021 7:12 PM

Dec 2020
Samurai champloo and tokyo ghoul-unravel

People with boobs > people with no boobs.

My lemons > ur lemons
Please just send to profile ^^
Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

» Exploring Taste Shaming

-Indra - 6 hours ago

26 by PostMahouShoujo »»
5 minutes ago

» why the double standard?

Cielord - 9 hours ago

21 by Akuya »»
7 minutes ago

Poll: » Will we ever get a anime cross over as big as the MCU?

Old_School_Akira - Yesterday

38 by Lucifrost »»
19 minutes ago

» I was on YouTube and I saw this craziest anime community post

Kiryotsu - 6 hours ago

24 by LSSJ_Gaming »»
36 minutes ago

» Simping for anime/manga creators. Do you do it? How do you do it?

Catalano - May 14

28 by FanofAction »»
39 minutes ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.