Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
The Quintessential Quintuplets
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (4) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »
Jan 14, 2021 8:58 AM

Jul 2017
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
The super long manga arc: Seven Goodbyes.

Certainly, Fuutarou's hand-prepped exam preparation must've prepared him for the Nakano sisters' due diligence, right? NOPE. More than tutoring these quintessential sisters, it's more like repairing their strained relationship.

The worse hit is Nino's scuffle with Miku, whom after so much desire, doesn't want to give in to Fuutarou's bidding. Even if it takes Ichika to slap her senses back, this is the point of no return at a crucial point of their lives, leaving both Fuutarou and Miku to find Ichika and Nino whom left home out of their own will from rebellion.

Nino residing at a hotel, and Itsuki residing in Fuutarou's house...what are the odds?

The Nakano family's circumstance of a rare family nature taking care of 5 children at once and living the same way as Fuutarou's family did (in extreme poverty) that's harrowing. But instead, taking the space of a father figure, that's something that Fuutarou has to accept, other than being the Nakano family tutor.

I'm even MORE curious on the meeting of Fuutarou, and the promised "girl in the picture" whom shows herself now.
KANLen09Jan 16, 2021 5:31 AM
Jan 14, 2021 9:00 AM

Nov 2020
Awesome episode it was very funny! xD
Itsuki is my favorite girl, the cutest on earth >>.<<
😻😹😽
Jan 14, 2021 9:24 AM
Oct 2017
Well, as a manga reader, that was pretty dissapointing.

It was so rushed compared to the manga, they even had to skip chapters which were crucial (Labor Thanksgiving day arc + conversation with the girl Fuutatou met 5 years ago).
I certainly don't get it and I'm hoping to see this chapters animated somehow in the future.

So after all, it seems that quantity rules over quality and that's a big no-no for me. This is definetly not what I've been waiting for.
Jan 14, 2021 10:48 AM

Mar 2019
next episode sounds interesting as well...especially the title.

Itsuki was great, really like her how she takes the mother role for everyone else. She is doing so much for everyone.

And my highest respect to Fuutarou, preparing and writing all the practice tasks with hand. This really took a lot time.
Jan 14, 2021 11:21 AM
Jul 2018
damn, so much drama in this episode. wonder how its gonna work out, looks like they're all gonna fail at this rate. also, was uesugi hallucinating at the park? nino was rly cute at the end
Jan 14, 2021 11:25 AM

May 2011
Nino needs to get some therapy or something since jesus christ what the hell is up with that lady. I don't think any sob reason they're going to give later will justify how stuck-up she's acting.
Jan 14, 2021 1:31 PM

Jul 2017
My most awaited manga arc adaptation is finally there, Seven Goodbyes, that starts with this Nino redemption arc, oh man back in the day I still hated Nino. She does look horrible there but it feels kinda different for me now that my feelings for her had changed (due to the moments at the end of this very sub-arc). Will enjoy this part of this adaptation so much till the point I fell in love with Nino. Can't wait to hear her voice when she

ImmortalZero said:
Nino needs to get some therapy or something since jesus christ what the hell is up with that lady. I don't think any sob reason they're going to give later will justify how stuck-up she's acting.
You'd be surprised soon enough.

And
finally made an appearance, Fuutarou most confusing moments just start now.
Jan 14, 2021 1:38 PM

Sep 2019
Nino keeps being the best girl (she deserved that slap though). Nino invited him to her room... we'll see more of the best girl.
Jan 14, 2021 1:38 PM
Jul 2020
DrMicrobiota said:
Well, as a manga reader, that was pretty dissapointing.

It was so rushed compared to the manga, they even had to skip chapters which were crucial (Labor Thanksgiving day arc + conversation with the girl Fuutatou met 5 years ago).
I certainly don't get it and I'm hoping to see this chapters animated somehow in the future.

So after all, it seems that quantity rules over quality and that's a big no-no for me. This is definetly not what I've been waiting for.
i think they tryna make that girls apperance a bit confusing, they ll put it as a flashback in the future episodes thats what i think and regarding the thanksgiving arc i really hope it gets adapted later on and i feel like they ll do so

Jan 14, 2021 1:40 PM
Oct 2020
The episode were so good and funny to watch :))but I don't like the fact they skip the three chapter before it
Jan 14, 2021 1:45 PM
Shingster

Jun 2015
Lol Futaro really worked through the whole night to end up sleeping like the dead. Miku and Nino really are like cats and dogs huh despite being sisters. While Miku's reaction to Nino's actions were as expected Itsuki's sure wasn't. Still that sure escalated quickly. Itsuki though sure ended up being easier to find than expected. Its quite hard to imagine the quints living in poverty though considering how they are now. While Futaro sure has a lot of trials to overcome if he wants to unite the quints looks like his determination is starting to win them over starting with Nino. Yotsuba though will be the harder one to resolve followed by Miku.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jan 14, 2021 1:52 PM

Jun 2019
An underwhelming episode.

Nino and Itsuki leave the house for no real reason and there wasn’t much progression in their relationships to the MC (him saying he will be their father was pretty cringey).

It looks like next episode will develop his relationship with Nino though, so that should be good.
Jan 14, 2021 2:04 PM

May 2011
Aikotoba said:
You'd be surprised soon enough.

Intriguing...spoiler me please. :p
Since honestly do not see the reason why she needs to act that way. We already established that she loves her sisters so much in S1 that's why she drugged the MC and acted coldly, but by the end of S1 as well they already grew close enough to at least not warrant they way she's acting right now. Let alone act like that against Miku & Itsuki.
Jan 14, 2021 2:07 PM
Shalltear

Apr 2018
Not really interesting for the whole drama part but it's nice to see more interactions with the girls, even though Nino was a bit annoying, but I want to see more of her in the next episode, I preferred the whole Itsuki part, and it's nice to see her at Uesugi's place haha.
Also the plot with the "mysterious" girl is still interesting, I really wonder who she is and what it is really about.
Nice episode overall, but I still want to see more "plot" development (probably for soon)
AshhkJan 14, 2021 2:12 PM
Jan 14, 2021 2:08 PM

Mar 2020
First episode was all fun and games huh? This is where the real show starts!

A dispute breaks out between Fuutarou and Nino then escalates as Itsuki and Miku enter the scene. Nino and Itsuki exchange slaps then Nino proceeds to leave the house. What a troublesome girl.

Fuutarou met someone in the park or was it his imagination?
Jan 14, 2021 2:11 PM
Mar 2020
That slap was something I replayed it 3 times its getting interesting
Jan 14, 2021 2:27 PM

Apr 2020
This episode is really interesting and good (especially the mysterious girl)
I wonder what gonna happened next in the next episode
Nina supporter for life💕
Jan 14, 2021 2:37 PM
Nov 2020
Loved this episodr
Jan 14, 2021 2:38 PM
Nov 2020
Blue_Maroon said:
An underwhelming episode.

Nino and Itsuki leave the house for no real reason and there wasn’t much progression in their relationships to the MC (him saying he will be their father was pretty cringey).

It looks like next episode will develop his relationship with Nino though, so that should be good.

It's just a good buildup episode. I'm excited to see how they deal with the next part :)
Jan 14, 2021 2:56 PM

Dec 2013
It was really sweet to know all of those text were handwritten, giving his best for them, I have a question for the manga readers.

Was the real girl aware from the beginning who Fuutaro was, the kid from 5 years ago or she realized about it eventually?
Jan 14, 2021 2:56 PM
Jul 2018
I understand that Nino is being mean because she loves her sisters, and thinks of Uesugi-kun as an outsider. But he always worked so hard to tutor them. The others know that.
Jan 14, 2021 2:59 PM

Nov 2019
Can't believe they skipped an entire arc. They also made sure this episode ended on a cliffhanger ok.
Jan 14, 2021 3:03 PM
Jun 2020
If I'm honest, the design that I like the most of the 5 is Nino's, but at the same time she makes me very unpleasant. You have no idea how I laughed when Itsuki hit him. But hey, we'll see in the next chapter that she cooks in Nino's room ...
Jan 14, 2021 3:28 PM

Sep 2020
Oh, they have skipped a few scenes of the manga, but okay.
Nice episode, btw
Jan 14, 2021 3:29 PM

Feb 2015
I'm reminded this episode how absolute trash Nino is. Itsuki went up in my estimations and seems warmer this series.

Miku is still best girl, not sure what that Rena scene was all about it seemed rather random
Jan 14, 2021 3:46 PM

Apr 2019
Why is nino acting like a 4 year old? tbh I would've probably cried if I was fuutaro and Nino threw and ripped my papers. Nino only cares when futaro becomes depressed? tf?

Jan 14, 2021 3:46 PM
Jul 2018
Fuutarou staying up and writing all those papers was such a nice act. I love how Itsuki standing up for Fuutaro, just makes her even better. Nino got demoted to worst girl right after I saw her rip up those papers. I’m disappointed in you Nino >:( I really liked her whole tsundere personality too, but ripping up those papers that Fuutarou worked so hard on is way past tsundere, thats just mean :( I hope she has some sorta redemption next week, otherwise she won’t get her 2nd best girl place back >:)

Wait so Nino doesn’t realize that the guy from the vacation thingy was Fuutarou? I totally thought after she saw the bracelet on Fuutarou that they were the same guy, I guess not? That’s sorta weird, but let’s see how they make up!

Whole “father” scene was a little cringe, but it’s nice to see how much Fuutarou cares for the quints.

What was up with Fuutarou hallucinating? And then he drops himself into the river? Yotsuba then avoids him for some reason? Can anyone explain that whole scene or is it spoilers or something?
removed-userJan 14, 2021 3:55 PM
Jan 14, 2021 4:01 PM

Apr 2020
Pretty nice episode
F in the chat for the ripped up paper because Futaro hand wrote it ;_;
Looking forward to this Seven goodbyes arc
Jan 14, 2021 4:11 PM
Jul 2020
_cenjoo said:
Fuutarou staying up and writing all those papers was such a nice act. I love how Itsuki standing up for Fuutaro, just makes her even better. Nino got demoted to worst girl right after I saw her rip up those papers. I’m disappointed in you Nino >:( I really liked her whole tsundere personality too, but ripping up those papers that Fuutarou worked so hard on is way past tsundere, thats just mean :( I hope she has some sorta redemption next week, otherwise she won’t get her 2nd best girl place back >:)

Wait so Nino doesn’t realize that the guy from the vacation thingy was Fuutarou? I totally thought after she saw the bracelet on Fuutarou that they were the same guy, I guess not? That’s sorta weird, but let’s see how they make up!

Whole “father” scene was a little cringe, but it’s nice to see how much Fuutarou cares for the quints.

What was up with Fuutarou hallucinating? And then he drops himself into the river? Yotsuba then avoids him for some reason? Can anyone explain that whole scene or is it spoilers or something?

They completely skipped an entire conversation between the girl and uesugi including the fact that yotsubas track coach was with her so she had to hurry off
Jan 14, 2021 4:14 PM
Jul 2020
KanameYuuki said:
It was really sweet to know all of those text were handwritten, giving his best for them, I have a question for the manga readers.

Was the real girl aware from the beginning who Fuutaro was, the kid from 5 years ago or she realized about it eventually?
yes. She knew from day 1.
Jan 14, 2021 4:18 PM
Jul 2020
_cenjoo said:

He was not hallucinating. Idk why but they skipped a good chunk of their conversation and what happened. Hopefully they will animate it next episode.
Jan 14, 2021 4:29 PM
Jul 2018
episode was more focused on the fray of itsuki and nino

Mod Edit: Removed unrelated picture. Please use your signature.
Koito91Jan 18, 2021 12:34 PM
Jan 14, 2021 4:58 PM
May 2017
Fuutaro and
conversations are prob preserved for next week
Jan 14, 2021 5:04 PM
May 2018
It really didn't take long for the art to take a noticeable dip in certain areas. I still prefer the new art style when it looks good, but some of the frames are really not great.

Anyway, I'm excited for the arc that starts the transition of Nino being #3 or #4 to #2 or #1. I always like her because of character design, but there was really no reason to like her character itself before now.
Jan 14, 2021 5:09 PM
fanservice<3

Mar 2012
best girl getting dat screen time...

dem nails are OP af<3333
Jan 14, 2021 5:14 PM

Oct 2020
Can't wait for the next episode!
Jan 14, 2021 5:53 PM
May 2018
Haven't watched the episode yet .
Did they skip fuutaro and yotsuba date ??
Jan 14, 2021 5:55 PM
Oct 2020
I just gotta be honest, this show is great, but this time, this episode, its storyline is a bit run. I meant to the girl just suddenly showed off to Uesugi, I mean, it's that Uesugi hallucinating or it is real, and suddenly, Uesugi fall to the lake. That's the part I don't nearly understand. Can someone reply what is just basically happen or its something related to manga, please don't reply.
I like tsundere, especially Eris :)
Jan 14, 2021 5:58 PM
Oct 2020
It was a pretty good episode. When I saw that part where they just slap each other, I just went like "OOF". But damn, Fuutarou worked hard on the problem sets, but Nino can't appreciate the time and effort he put into it. Can't wait to see more next week though.
Jan 14, 2021 6:06 PM
scientia exitus

Mar 2020
they added way too much tsundere sauce into this tsundere character man, nino is like five years old wtf... not a fan of all this overacting. yeah drama is a major component of this series but it's just making everything seem so extra, and so dumb

Now I'm really hoping that itsuki is THE girl; I mean it's blatantly obvious from the start- BUT, maybe that's a red herring and it's actually someone else? Maybe it's actually a secret SIXTH sister that actually DOES exist! Ok but really please be itsuki she's the only one who makes sense, if it was any of the other ones it would just be weird. Think I saw somewhere that it's the annoying orange haired one, like wtf? Can you like not?? Haven't read the manga or lightnovel or whatever tf it is so I'm going in blind. Just please be itsuki. Not nino because she's annoying, or yotsuba who's also annoying. ichika is like a full grown woman already and is basically a milf compared to fuutaro. and miku, well, miku is for us weebs keep your filthy hands off her you loser mc

kind of complaining alot but really I think this show is fine. Not great or terrible, just, fine. Barely though. hope it turns out there's some huge plot twist and it turns out they're all related or something. "come to my room" OH SNAP thing's are gonna get down and dirty hell yeah this is what I signed up for! Yeah no she's probably just gonna yell at him some more, sigh

NYANPASU
5700XT

Jan 14, 2021 6:41 PM
Sep 2019
Man, that was so disappointing from a manga reader perspective. So much great stuff was cut. Losing the Thanksgiving arc and all the character development for Yotsuba that comes with it and then cutting out the scene with the girl from Fuutarou's past sucks since both are really great moments. We'll probably see that scene next episode, but you do lose some of the surprise of the ending now. Would've been nice to see the chapter with Ichika's manager's daughter as well to see dogsuba. Would be cool to see them go back to that and Labor Thanksgiving Day as an ova or something after this season.
Jan 14, 2021 6:52 PM

Aug 2019
good thing Nino redeemed herself at the end because it was starting to get annoying the way she was acting
Jan 14, 2021 6:55 PM
Dec 2007
Yeah they're really burning through material. I wonder if they'll make it to the legendary chapter 60.....
Jan 14, 2021 7:23 PM

Dec 2014
Fuutarou's a nice guy, staying up to prepare those papers. Sometimes he's too nice.

Damn, Nino tearing those papers were rough. I'm kinda spoilt from things I've heard about the manga but generally speaking I definitely don't like how she acted at that moment.

Itsuki and Fuutarou's scene by the lake at night was very nice.

Who's the girl Fuutarou saw? Can't have been one of the twins wearing some sort of disguise could it?
Jan 14, 2021 7:38 PM
Aug 2019
I finished the manga before I started the anime. During season 1 I just sat and watched it and didn't really pay attention to how much they adapted, but this season...
It is SUPER OBVIOUS that they crammed a lot into two whole episodes and even then that they cut a bunch out! These first two episodes cover Book 5. it's moving so quick that I'm afraid they're trying to fit the rest of the series 12 episodes. And cutting out the Thanksgiving arc makes me wonder if they're going for an anime original ending.
More than anything I just don't want it to feel rushed!
Jan 14, 2021 7:39 PM
Mar 2015
Nice effort but he does not know where to start
Jan 14, 2021 7:55 PM
Dec 2019
Too bad they skipped the date and babysitter chapters
Jan 14, 2021 8:15 PM

Aug 2019
Pretty fun episode, although quite dramatic at the beginning where it did feel reminiscent of season 1 events, this episode had some pretty good moments in it. Uesugi honestly needs a raise i swear, i feel like the amount of money he gets paid already for his job, doesn't account for the parenting and babysitting he unavoidably has to do for these sisters as well xD

Yeh, honestly i'm absolutely loving the new animation style, i feel like if offers a broader creativity range for showing facial expression, as well as character movements. Mostly the more humorous scenes as well, just seem to fit better with this animation style.
Also the amount of detail they put into the eyes of all the sisters, is actually really stunning and amazing.

Itsuki crashing at Uesugi's place was nice in a way, there talk later was interesting as well as Itsuki with that sudden compliment of the moon making me smirk. Didn't expect that sudden appearance of Uesugi's long lost lover though, either his brain started to leak over lack of sleep or it actually happened (???)
Jan 14, 2021 8:55 PM
Deadhead

Dec 2018
Nice episode, it’s a shame to see Nino kinda revert back to the way she was at the beginning of season 1 but I’m sure she has a reason for it like before. Also it’s a shame to hear they skipped some chapters from the manga, because as an anime only, I would also love to see that stuff, but hopefully they’ll go back to it later in the show or in an OVA.
Jan 14, 2021 8:58 PM

Oct 2020
Crashmatt said:
I'm reminded this episode how absolute trash Nino is. Itsuki went up in my estimations and seems warmer this series.

Miku is still best girl, not sure what that Rena scene was all about it seemed rather random
She is the girl who gets the most development in the manga among all her siblings, maybe now you hate her because you've seen eps 2 but after the Motorcycle Arc I'm sure it will change your view of Nino.

I'm talking about Fuu Kun XD
Pages (4) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » 5-toubun no Hanayome ∬ Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

KANLen09 - Mar 25, 2021

269 by SanessyAdversary »»
Sep 15, 1:23 AM

Poll: » 5-toubun no Hanayome ∬ Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

KANLen09 - Mar 18, 2021

214 by SanessyAdversary »»
Sep 15, 1:22 AM

Poll: » 5-toubun no Hanayome ∬ Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

KANLen09 - Mar 11, 2021

202 by SanessyAdversary »»
Sep 14, 8:09 AM

Poll: » 5-toubun no Hanayome ∬ Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

BradyLE__ - Mar 4, 2021

191 by SanessyAdversary »»
Aug 23, 9:52 PM

Poll: » 5-toubun no Hanayome ∬ Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

KANLen09 - Jan 7, 2021

222 by 98Guan »»
Aug 23, 9:03 AM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.