Forum Settings
Forums
New
What did you think of this chapter?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this chapter. If you want to discuss future events, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to read/download this chapter or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Manga Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Dec 21, 2017 1:41 PM

Jan 2010
THIS IS A MANGA ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS ANYTHING BEYOND THIS CHAPTER.
----------------------------------------
Amazing. So, half a year later, the gang returns. Tome working part-time for Spirits and Such consultation office was not what I was expecting, but, she fits in well. And spirits are her niche. Teru, with his new hair. Ritsu as VP for student council, and Shigeo - actively taking care of the Body Improvement club. All of them are in a good place.

And then the final chapter commenced. With a celebration of Reigen's birthday.
And ending the final panel with a very, very, happy Shigeo.
Don't talk to me, I'm not crying!

On a serious note,
You can take a lot of things from many of the characters but I think what I will take the most from in the series is Shigeo's resolve with inner conflict and self-identity. The key to happiness is honing your sense of self-identity and having a support system to reaffirm the person you believe you are. As, you are who you make to be. It's been a pleasure reading from beginning to end with the whole cast of characters :')

Thank you ONE for the laughs, the cries, the likeable cast of characters, the socio-emotional development, and wholesome storyline.
cottonpieDec 21, 2017 1:53 PM
Dec 21, 2017 8:13 PM

Mar 2016
teru finally regrew his hair
"I like young-girl sexual creations, Lolicon is just one hobby of my many hobbies," he says.
I ask what his wife, standing nearby, thinks of his "hobby".
"She probably thinks no problem," he replies. "Because she loves young boys sexually interacting with each other."
Dec 22, 2017 2:41 AM

Jun 2009
And so another series ended.

Gotta say it was nice reading this. Even ONE art got better along the way.

Will miss Mob and Reigen.
Dec 22, 2017 5:33 PM

Apr 2016
perfect ending
so glad to see Shigeo smile
Dec 23, 2017 8:43 AM

Jun 2014
I'm so glad it ended like this. Maybe it's a bit sappy but I love it. Everyone celebrating the bonds they created together, Reigen isn't alone, Tome will be an alien con artist, Teru accepted his longer hair... and Mob can laugh. All is well.

This manga was definitely something I needed this year. Great experience.
Dec 23, 2017 12:59 PM

Sep 2007
Second season when
Dec 23, 2017 1:06 PM

Nov 2011
Beautiful. This was a very fun journey from start to finish. It went out in a causal way with the birthday party, which I thought was very amusing.

8/10. I want more! (and the anime)
Dec 23, 2017 3:39 PM
Jan 2012
vanetz said:
Second season when

Would be nice. Are we looking at a season 2 and 3 or just 2? I think there's enough material for another 2 seasons but I could be wrong.
Dec 23, 2017 4:18 PM

Dec 2015
first of all, i DEFINITELY didn't get extremely emotional

second, i probably couldn't have wished for a better ending, kudos to ONE for creating this masterpiece! now all that's left to do is wait for s2
Dear God, dear God, tinkle tinkle hoy!
Dec 23, 2017 5:06 PM

Mar 2015
the last chapter should be much longer...

mob man up really brighten up my harsh days...

beautiful journey, some messy pace and incosistency around the middle, bot overall, it was great journey... would glad if fleshed up some more, but it might double edged sword and this kind of ending is fine too...

i give this series 9/10
"If taking responsibility for a mistake that cannot be undone means death, it's not that hard to die. At least, not as hard as to live on."
Dec 23, 2017 6:14 PM

Sep 2007
Chris_Pirtle said:
vanetz said:
Second season when

Would be nice. Are we looking at a season 2 and 3 or just 2? I think there's enough material for another 2 seasons but I could be wrong.

Hmm not sure. I guess ideally, season 2 and an OVA?

Man, I miss the time when anime TV series actually had finished plots... Now you rarely even see a 2-cour series :/
Dec 23, 2017 6:22 PM

Mar 2017
I think there couldn't be a better ending to mob psycho. Well and truly the right way to end this series, truly icing on the cake. I find myself relived and extremely sad. While it was a short ride, it was a good place to stop.

come, you sweet hour of death
Dec 23, 2017 6:52 PM
Dec 2016
I think that both the mangaka and Mob grew over the course of this manga. ONE got much much better at art. Mob finally learned how to express himself, and has no problem in front of a large crowd.

The whole gang came together, and Reigen is still Reigen. What a great manga.

Looking forward to ONE's next work after he finishes OPM too.
Dec 23, 2017 10:07 PM

Oct 2013
And there goes another series that will not be updated anymore...

Enjoyed the gags and it gave me some good laughs.
Overall it was a nice manga. 7/10
Signature.
Dec 24, 2017 2:36 AM
Oct 2015
Amazing series, loved the ending as Mob or (Kageyama Shiego) being the final boss and accepting himself and also Dimple being brought back.
Also, Reigen saving the day once again and telling the truth about himself was perfectly conducted, I would love to see all that in animation but then again it all depends on the sales...
On the bright side, One can now focus on One Punch Man now.
Heckle was here...
Dec 24, 2017 5:58 PM
SHSL Good Luck

Apr 2015
This is literally the perfect ending for this series. This series as been one hell of a ride, and Mob has been one hell of a character.

8.5/10
Jan 14, 2018 10:52 AM

Jan 2014
so it has come to an end.

Mob now showing more emotion than before.

it looks like Mob didn't really get turned down.
it's more like "give me time to think" vibe from Tsubomi.

we still doesn't know what entity that reside within Mob. is it really his other self, or a God himself that act as a watcher, or something else.

and I think there could be a better ending for this manga, but this one are more than enough to satisfy me.

overall, I'd give 8/10.
Jan 28, 2018 1:29 PM
Jul 2018
Wow, this series ended already? Geez, and already a year after the anime. I honestly thought it would go on for longer.
Feb 6, 2018 4:33 AM

Jun 2011
Slry. One's art style may not be the best but his stories are A+.
That was the perfect ending tho I really want some special chapters about their high school life or reigen and teru's family. Or extra chapters about Emi and Mob. I'm gonna miss this :')
Apr 5, 2018 10:09 PM

Jun 2017
After finishing this manga, I feel completely different about all the characters. Dimple, Reigen, and hell, even the members of the 'Body Improvement Club' seem more three-dimensional than most characters in any story I've ever seen/read. That last scene was amazing. Smiling Mob and a Reigen who was nearly moved to tears by kindness. Beautiful ending.
There is no signature...
May 17, 2018 9:08 PM
Mar 2014
And a happy ending. It's weird seeing Mob emote so much. He still has his power's right?
Mar 10, 2019 2:37 PM
Aug 2018
So his rampage in chapter 100 had like zero consequences?
And looks like he didn't get popular with girls after all, so the stares he got really were just his imagination.
tr25a3Mar 10, 2019 2:58 PM
Mar 10, 2019 9:45 PM
Sep 2017
tr25a3 said:
So his rampage in chapter 100 had like zero consequences?
And looks like he didn't get popular with girls after all, so the stares he got really were just his imagination.

All the stares where the brainwashed people keeping an eye on him. I don't know how you could miss that.
Mar 11, 2019 4:31 AM
Aug 2018
Galarrdo said:

All the stares where the brainwashed people keeping an eye on him. I don't know how you could miss that.
It said that the people were brainwashed? Where?
I mean, after his confession they just went home and then the chapter ended. There was no mention of anyone getting brainwashed or their memories erased.
That only happened after that incident with Dimple and the Broccoli tree.

And they even had eyewitnesses and pictures of Mob (from behind) at the scene and the destruction remains.
Mar 16, 2019 8:10 PM

Oct 2016
tr25a3 said:
Galarrdo said:

It said that the people were brainwashed? Where?
I mean, after his confession they just went home and then the chapter ended. There was no mention of anyone getting brainwashed or their memories erased.
That only happened after that incident with Dimple and the Broccoli tree.

And they even had eyewitnesses and pictures of Mob (from behind) at the scene and the destruction remains.

My understanding is that the scientific and societal progress in Mob Psycho'-verse isn't advanced enough to explain the phenomenon, and therefore the people's tendency to return to normal life kicks in and the whole incident is treated as a natural disaster.

There might be investigations to find the cause, but eyewitnesses alone cannot explain what Mob did from a commoner's understanding. Even among espers, Mob's tremendous power level is incredibly unnatural. Even if we assume the government have a certain degree of understanding on espers, there is simply not enough evidence to attribute it all to a single middle schooler.

If a random person steps up and announces that he can create earthquakes or floods with his willpower, people would simply call him crazy. The modern society has conditioned us to be skeptical of anything unscientific (or even scientific things). Unfortunately or fortunately, the system cannot hold Mob accountable.
Apr 6, 2019 9:13 PM

Dec 2012
This final chapter feels like a filler :/

Apr 7, 2019 3:18 PM

Oct 2016
GosuGian said:
This final chapter feels like a filler :/

It's called an epilogue.
Apr 25, 2019 11:01 AM
May 2016
What a tremendous series. One of my favorite manga ever, coming right off the heels of the brilliant first and second anime seasons I had my doubts that ONE would be able to top himself already but god DAMN, I'm not crying or anything I swear.
May 8, 2019 2:34 PM

Jul 2013
this manga is so fcking good
May 10, 2019 12:53 PM

Jun 2015
What's with the "109" numeration on MAL?
Jul 25, 2019 1:22 AM
Mar 2019
Really glad the epilogue ended on such a positive note. Truly motivational.
Aug 9, 2019 11:07 PM

Jan 2009
i was worried that Mob will never use his power again but in the end he use his power to make the cake slam the face of Reigen lol

and looks like Mob x Tsubomi is still alive since they are talking by phone regularly according to Ritsu

nice ending arc to this manga, accepting your alter ego or inner demon(s) instead of fighting or ignoring it but damn easier said that done though in real life lol
Nov 2, 2019 6:40 AM
Jun 2019
I want more, please continue the series
May 27, 2020 8:27 AM

Apr 2019
JoltieRL said:
I want more, please continue the series

It was a perfect ending, Mob accepts his inner demon and is finally able to freely show his emotions. Not that I wouldn't want more too tho. Well, I think there's a spin-off about Reigen, probably worth checking out but I don't know if it's translated yet.
Jul 1, 2020 3:43 AM

Aug 2012
Perfect, absolutely perfect. I haven't read the middle bit of the story but after what I read today, I have no qualms rating it a ten. There are a lot of great character resolutions, Kurata ending up working for Reigen is perfect (I also love that they kind of give the implication that Reigen may have retired from the job after confessing with mentioning how Serizawa is the backbone of the place and got accustomed to the job). And Tsubomi and Mob having phone calls with each-other is great, it was jut the beginning and their relationship ended up in a better place because of it. I suppose the only character I wish we got some more info on was Emi, but that's very minor.

Ending on Reigen's birthday, not only was it an easy to way to bring a bunch of familiar faces to the fold, it's such a genuinely sweet moment after he had to spend his last birthday all alone with zero facebook messages. It's a nice conclusion to the lonesome Reigen.

But the ending note of Mob using his psychic powers to throw a cake in Reigen's face is the perfect conclusion to the series for three reasons.

I. It's a callback to their very first meeting, where Reigen drops the hot tea and almost spills it on Mob. Of course the difference in what Mob decides to do with his power shows the growth of his character and their familiarity.

II. It shows Mob still uses his power. One of the best moments of the chapter is when they discovered a cat on top of telephone phone and the ONE drew the panel that of Mob reaching his hands out like he was going to save it with his psychic power but instead tries to climb it. The last chapter did have characters, namely Sho and Toichiro decide against using psychic powers, and I didn't think he was going to follow that path with all the self-acceptance stuff but it definitely played into that so ending the chapter with it made for a nice conclusion.

III. It ends with Mob laughing. Our boi is happy! He showed a bit more emotion a little earlier when the body improvement club member (I only remember Musashi's name) was going to tell everyone why Mob initially joined but I'm pretty sure this is the only time we've seen Mob laughing, maybe minus the childhood flashback, making it perhaps the most genuine expression of joy we've seen from Mob. Not only does is that heartwarming conclusion on it's own merits, but after the whole thing series long arc where he locked his emotions and powers away and needed that whole self-acceptance arc, nothing else could be more satisfying than his laugh.

IV. I know I said three but I'm a liar like Reigen. Anyway, another reason why it's so brilliant is because Mob is laughing at something he's done with his psychic power. Actively inserting himself into this social situation, using his psychic powers, and just having fun. This series is so good you guys.
Jun 1, 2021 5:46 AM

Sep 2019
I don’t know why my opinion of the ending was very different from the major consensus here. Maybe because I binged read it but imo the ending of season 2 is a much proper ending for me because the following arcs ended in a weak manner. I always asked for season 3 but after reading the rest, I’m satisfied with just two seasons and maybe some more OVA.
Jun 23, 2021 9:57 AM
Jul 2018
Just a perfect ending. It took a while but I fell in love with this series and kts characters in the end. Not only a 10/10 but kind of redefines what a 10/10 series is for me. Tied for my number 1 series. Amazing.
Jul 11, 2021 8:43 AM

Nov 2018
Good way to wrap things up!

MP100 has been such a joy to read. The anime really did it justice, so I'm hoping one day we'll get a third season to conclude the story, as there is enough content for maybe 12-13 episodes, plus I can just imagine how sick some of the fight scenes will look if Bones goes all-out on the animation.

9/10 series.
So I've been banned from MAL-Badges, after spending nearly two years of my time and dedication to helping out, being the club's spokesperson, and planning for the revamp, it all goes down the fucking drain. What a joke the club has become. I advise everyone to stop using the feature and stop showing their support for the site and the club. We were promised that we will see changes come to the site, and nothing's been done for the past year. I doubt the site will be touched for the foreseeable future. If you're angry and annoyed about the lack of development, then good, you should be.
Aug 29, 2021 1:29 PM
Jul 2020
Thank you One sensei for creating this manga.It was a brilliant read .A good ending for the manga .Loved Mob growth and resolvement of his conflict.Reigen sama is the GOAT.Hoping for S3.Will definitely reccomend everyone to read this manga.
Jan 27, 2023 7:40 AM
Oct 2022
100/10.

Perfect ending. 

More topics from this board

» mob psycho becoming a harem

Roberta_Cojones - Oct 5, 2016

19 by Old_School_Akira »»
Aug 7, 5:27 AM

Poll: » Mob Psycho 100 Chapter 9 Discussion

Stark700 - Dec 9, 2013

8 by Adam_________ »»
Aug 2, 12:41 PM

Poll: » Mob Psycho 100 Chapter 54 Discussion

Stark700 - Feb 13, 2014

4 by dreamingneon »»
Jul 16, 2023 1:30 PM

Poll: » Mob Psycho 100 Chapter 48 Discussion

Stark700 - Jan 17, 2014

4 by dreamingneon »»
May 17, 2023 1:33 PM

Poll: » Mob Psycho 100 Chapter 75 Discussion

Stark700 - Dec 11, 2014

5 by _Shara_ »»
Apr 3, 2023 3:00 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.