Forum Settings
Forums

Is it true that mostly young adult men watch CGDCT anime? Why or why not?

New
Sep 13, 2017 2:23 PM
Mar 2017
I'm a young adult guy and I like me some cute high school girl anime.
I was watching K-On! and a question came to mind as to why people like me are the target demographic whenever these cute girl shows come out.
I know I heard this before too; about nearly all CGDCT shows being targeted towards my demographic.
Maybe I'm just going based what I've falsely heard in the past, and am statistically wrong in this case?
Maybe I'm correct?
If I am correct, I'd like to know why specifically these types of shows are targeted towards people like me.
Pages (3) [1] 2 3 »
Sep 13, 2017 2:24 PM

Jun 2016
I think it has something to do with hormones and puberty and stuff like that.
Sep 13, 2017 2:27 PM

Apr 2017
I dunno, dropped it.

Toodaloodaloo
Sep 13, 2017 2:27 PM

Nov 2008
Pyxus said:

That's ecchi. What you're thinking of, is an escape to simpler times. Also, not all of them have one demographic in mind, female idol anime have near or at 50/50 male: female fans, same with K-ON.

Sep 13, 2017 2:30 PM

Jun 2016
Hoppy said:
Pyxus said:

That's ecchi. What you're thinking of, is an escape to simpler times. Also, not all of them have one demographic in mind, female idol anime have near or at 50/50 male: female fans, same with K-ON.
I'm just glad I'm not slowly turning into a pedophile and its actually normal to watch CGDCT
Sep 13, 2017 2:32 PM
Mar 2017
Seiya said:
Some do, but they're mostly pedophiles.

If you look at someone's favorite characters, and they have a character from "Is the order a rabbit?" in there, then you can bet that they are child fuckers.

I just couldn't find that anime all that interesting after the first episode.
At least K-On! is funny so far.

Pyxus said:
Hoppy said:

I'm just glad I'm not slowly turning into a pedophile and its actually normal to watch CGDCT

I like to compare it to watching cat videos.
It's not like somebody watches cat videos because they want to fuck cats.
Sep 13, 2017 2:34 PM

Feb 2013
as soon as i hit 18 i started watching cgdcs
Sep 13, 2017 2:39 PM

Jul 2015
Cgdct are boring
I prefer cute girls doing something interesting
Sep 13, 2017 2:42 PM
fanservice<3

Mar 2012
in my experience most watchers of ANY kind of anime are generally 20+
Sep 13, 2017 2:43 PM
Mar 2017
@EcchikingMamster, joke's on you then, I'm still 19.
Sep 13, 2017 2:43 PM

Apr 2013
Well some of the shows are easy on the eyes and fun to watch, Sansha Sanyou is a good example of that. So is stuff like K-ON! but eh, nothing that I would call the best Anime of all time because that's reserved for the kid's idol show, Aikatsu! :p

Ascended Taste
I only came back to this site for the forum sets and to promote my RYM list... Anilist ftw still :dab:
Sep 13, 2017 2:48 PM
fanservice<3

Mar 2012
AyameTomoko said:

i said mostly bruh.. like irl.. i don't know many hardcore watchers and those that are are all 20+

and i feel that CGDCT are generally watched by more hardcore watchers
Sep 13, 2017 2:48 PM
Jul 2018
Lul, barely 12 replies and the word pedophile has been mentioned twoce already. AD never ceases to amaze me.

Well the target demographic is what it is for a reason. But I think it has more reason in Japan, where a lot of men work at not so good working conditions, it is Japan afterall, a place where people literally work themselves to death. Those peoppe after work would probably wannna relax more so than watch action manly shit.

There also comes the issue of children, or perhaps, lack there of, Japanese birth rate is what it is. An many men still have parental insticts CGDCT and those anime evoke those insticts.

So I do believe that most of the people who watch those shows are men that are 20+ or so.
Sep 13, 2017 2:49 PM
Mar 2017
Aidoru-Ojisan said:
Well some of the shows are easy on the eyes and fun to watch, Sansha Sanyou is a good example of that. So is stuff like K-ON! but eh, nothing that I would call the best Anime of all time because that's reserved for the kid's idol show, Aikatsu! :p

*looks at profile's favorite*
Clearly no bias here. lol

srly though. not sure if any shoujo anime can beat K-On! in terms of cuteness.
I've seen clips of what I have yet to watch.

find me something that's cuter, bro.
Sep 13, 2017 2:52 PM

Apr 2013
AyameTomoko said:
Aidoru-Ojisan said:

*looks at profile's favorite*
Clearly no bias here. lol

srly though. not sure if any shoujo anime can beat K-On! in terms of cuteness.
I've seen clips of what I have yet to watch.

find me something that's cuter, bro.

I watched enough CGDCT show per season to know what's cute, you should really check out Sansha Sanyou, the show has really unique characters and animation (which can be cute or funny at times) or if you want something a little shorter but cute, check out Wakaba Girl (I'm a big fan of K-ON! tho, better than majority of the CGDCT shows involving music)

*oh wait I forgot to add Yama no Musume too for short CGDCT shows, watch that too if you're looking for something cute :p
Aidoru-OjisanSep 13, 2017 2:59 PM

Ascended Taste
I only came back to this site for the forum sets and to promote my RYM list... Anilist ftw still :dab:
Sep 13, 2017 2:52 PM

Aug 2014
yes it is
but mostly because its mostly young men who watch anime in general
Sep 13, 2017 2:57 PM
Jul 2018
Probably. Personally I don't care. People watch what they want. :p
Sep 13, 2017 3:02 PM

Mar 2017
Well, I'm a young adult.

What sort of CGDCT do you mean though?

Does Hibike! Euphonium qualify? Because there is certainly more to it than a massive infusion of cuteness as I've brought up before.

K-On, or at least the first season, I gave a 6/10. That's a positive score. The show is solid and I'm expecting a better season 2. It has elements of visual storytelling like it's intro scene which Under the Scope has brought up. And I appreciate that it didn't insult my intellect by doing narration bullshit to point stuff very clearly to me as if I'm a f*cking oaf.

I can't think of any more CGDCT series I watched without dipping into rom-com territory. But the two I watch for more than just the catharsis. There's Phineas and Ferb for that.

So yeah, stat wise, this is going to be massive endeavor to truly ascertain. And why people watch anything is subject to a multitude of reasons.
EankiSep 13, 2017 3:05 PM
You gave up your freedom of speech when you clicked Agree to the User Agreement
This is not a public platform.
Sep 13, 2017 3:11 PM
Mar 2017
@Seiya, so if K-On ends up being one of my favorites, I guess I'll be getting a knock on my door from the FBI.
Sep 13, 2017 3:20 PM

Nov 2016
It's not my favorite genre, but there are some solid gems, like K-On! and Aria that are definitely worth watching (especially if you're the type of person who appreciates great cinematography and astounding thematic depth)
Sep 13, 2017 3:22 PM

Apr 2013
Seiya said:
Nomar_95 said:
It's not my favorite genre, but there are some solid gems, like K-On! and Aria that are definitely worth watching (especially if you're the type of person who appreciates great cinematography and astounding thematic depth)

Wait a minute, Aria is CGDGT?

Thanks for letting me know, now I'll never watch it.

I didn't know either... welp might as well add Amanchu! to that list (cause they're made by the same person RIP)

Ascended Taste
Sep 13, 2017 3:44 PM

Sep 2016

you need to watch URARA MEIROCHO one of the best anime EVER

CrossAnge

Hey guys check my profile for current airing season anime recommendation (guaranteed best taste)
Sep 13, 2017 3:51 PM

Nov 2011
Seiya said:

Nonsense. That's like saying all men who want to have children are pedophiles because they like kids. The appeal of CGDCT is paternal, not sexual.

Besides that, it wouldn't surprise me if there are CGDCT shows that are legitimately good SOL series, as I've heard Aria is.

'Not talking about crap like Ro-Kyu-Bu though.
Sep 13, 2017 3:57 PM

Nov 2011
Seiya said:
TripleSRank said:

Nonsense. That's like saying all men who want to have children are pedophiles because they like kids. The appeal of CGDCT is paternal, not sexual.

Besides that, it wouldn't surprise me if there are CGDCT shows that are legitimately good SOL series, as I've heard Aria is.

There is nothing "paternal" about CGDCT. The only young adults who want children are conservatives, and all conservatives are pedophiles.

The appeal is paternal whether there are direct paternal aspects in the series or not.

Saying that everyone of a specific political leaning is a pedophile is such an extreme claim that I don't even know how to begin to take it seriously, so I probably won't bother continuing this.
Sep 13, 2017 3:59 PM
fanservice<3

Mar 2012
TripleSRank said:
The appeal of CGDCT is paternal, not sexual.

boi if you don't get...

plenty of them can get it XD
Sep 13, 2017 3:59 PM
Jul 2018
@TripleSRank you are arguing with Seiya, think about it. Has this guy ever said anything that did not sound like either obvious trolling and bait or plain stupidty? Think about it for a minute...
Sep 13, 2017 4:04 PM

Nov 2011
Darek said:
@TripleSRank you are arguing with Seiya, think about it. Has this guy ever said anything that did not sound like either obvious trolling and bait or plain stupidty? Think about it for a minute...

He's capable of having a reasonable conversation if he tries, I know that much. I'm not going to entertain a conversation/discussion that I don't think can go anywhere meaningful, though.

Watching and enjoying K-On! doesn't make you any more of a pedophile than watching and enjoying Futari wa Precure would, but if his hatred and prejudice are that strong then there's probably nothing I could say that he would even consider, not matter how reasonable.

Seiya said:
Darek said:

Actually, I'm quite serious. If someone else has a different opinion, then that's their problem, not mine.

No, that's not true. You're on a forum, not a blog. The whole point is discussing opinions.
Sep 13, 2017 4:06 PM

Jun 2016
EcchiKingMamster said:
AyameTomoko said:

i said mostly bruh.. like irl.. i don't know many hardcore watchers and those that are are all 20+

Yeah that's out of the people you know.
Not exactly a large sample size.
Sep 13, 2017 4:10 PM
Mar 2017
@EcchiKingMamster, anything anime related is sexual to you bro.
Sep 13, 2017 4:11 PM
fanservice<3

Mar 2012
WannabeItachi said:
EcchiKingMamster said:

Yeah that's out of the people you know.
Not exactly a large sample size.

most ppl irl tend not to bring up cgdct anime, and its definitely not teenagers doing it lol

AyameTomoko said:
@EcchiKingMamster, anything anime related is sexual to you bro.

and?

sorry the girls are just that fucking hot lol
Sep 13, 2017 4:15 PM
Mar 2017
EcchiKingMamster said:

and?

All the anime girls?
What about K-On!?
Those girls are just plain cute, not sexy.
Sep 13, 2017 4:16 PM
fanservice<3

Mar 2012
AyameTomoko said:
EcchiKingMamster said:

and?

All the anime girls?
What about K-On!?

never watched K-On, couldn't get into it.. but Mio looks pretty sexy
Sep 13, 2017 4:16 PM

Apr 2013
AyameTomoko said:
EcchiKingMamster said:

and?

All the anime girls?
What about K-On!?

Yeah, I don't know what this dude is talking about, majority of those girls in those shows are just cute and moe... unless he's talking about the doujins

Ascended Taste
Sep 13, 2017 4:22 PM

Nov 2011
Seiya said:
TripleSRank said:

He's capable of having a reasonable conversation if he tries, I know that much. I'm not going to entertain a conversation/discussion that I don't think can go anywhere meaningful, though.

Watching and enjoying K-On! doesn't make you any more of a pedophile than watching and enjoying Futari wa Precure would, but if his hatred and prejudice are that strong then there's probably nothing I could say that he would even consider, not matter how reasonable.

No, that's not true. You're on a forum, not a blog. The whole point is discussing opinions.

Futari wa Precure is not CGDGT, because it actually has a storyline, due to the fact that it's not aimed at adult men.

Shoujo Anime with young females that I watch has more innocence, and there is nothing sexual about it, but those seinen Anime with little girls disturb me, and I avoid them.

Having a storyline has nothing to do with whether the girls are sexualized or not, and it further does not prove perverse intent in watching or enjoying such series. If one enjoys SOL and has paternal instincts then many CGDCT shows would likely be fun to watch.

Ironically enough, on the whole the mahou shoujo genre probably sexualizes its character more than CGDCT because coming-of-age is such a widespread thing in the genre. That doesn't mean men watch mahou shoujo because they're pedophiles though, as you know firsthand.
Sep 13, 2017 4:23 PM
Mar 2017
@Aidoru-Ojisan, K-On! doujins... yeah I'm not looking that up. Don't want to taint my innocence.

EcchiKingMamster said:

These are young innocent girls we're talking about.
The rule is that they can only be cute.
Sep 13, 2017 4:24 PM
fanservice<3

Mar 2012
AyameTomoko said:
@Aidoru-Ojisan, K-On! doujins... yeah I'm not looking that up. Don't want to taint my innocence.

EcchiKingMamster said:

yea? well you know.. thats just like, uh.. your opinion, man :D
Sep 13, 2017 4:25 PM

Apr 2013
AyameTomoko said:

EcchiKingMamster said:

Yeah, just saying tbh... lots of CGDCT series have a bunch of doujins made for them, thus why a lot of people think that young men only watch CGDCT shows for sexual reasons... yeah, it's not a pretty picture tbh (well I never read any myself but using it as a figure of speech)

Ascended Taste
Sep 13, 2017 4:26 PM

Nov 2011
Seiya said:
TripleSRank said:

Having a storyline has nothing to do with whether the girls are sexualized or not, and it further does not prove perverse intent in watching or enjoying such series. If one enjoys SOL and has paternal instincts then many CGDCT shows would likely be fun to watch.

Ironically enough, on the whole the mahou shoujo genre probably sexualizes its character more than CGDCT because coming-of-age is such a widespread thing in the genre. That doesn't mean men watch mahou shoujo because they're pedophiles though, as you know firsthand.

Well, I hate SOL Anime, and I don't have any paternal instinct, so that stuff is clearly not aimed at me.

And that's perfectly fine, but don't assume that others are watching for dubious reasons like that unless you're given further reason to by their comments.
Sep 13, 2017 4:29 PM

Nov 2012
Seiya said:
TripleSRank said:

There is nothing "paternal" about CGDCT. The only young adults who want children are conservatives, and all conservatives are pedophiles.

Wait, I thought all conservatives were secretly homosexuals, while liberals are the actual pedophiles? Thanks for clearing it up mate.
Sep 13, 2017 4:31 PM

Apr 2017
Moeblob duh??...

No could tier up The Epitome of all MOEBLOB shows other than this..

>K-GOAT
-HippySnob-Sep 13, 2017 7:03 PM

"Think about that glowing dust
That destroys the night sky's dream of
Just being nothing"
----
Sep 13, 2017 4:34 PM
Jan 2017
Because most pedophiles are young men. /s
Sep 13, 2017 4:35 PM

Jul 2016
CGDCT is love. CGDCT is life. Show me them cute grills.

Seiya said:

If you look at someone's favorite characters, and they have a character from "Is the order a rabbit?" in there, then you can bet that they are child fuckers.

I tried to catch your eye in another loli thread and it didn't work.

So.

Did you know that my waifu's body stopped developing when she was 12, according to her official bio?

It's apparent in the anime, too, but a specific number wasn't attached to it there.

The rest is spoilers.
Sep 13, 2017 4:37 PM
Jan 2017
AyameTomoko said:
Seiya said:

I just couldn't find that anime all that interesting after the first episode.
At least K-On! is funny so far.

Pyxus said:

I like to compare it to watching cat videos.
It's not like somebody watches cat videos because they want to fuck cats.
Cats and sexualized autistic teenage girls are very different you know. /s (Not really sarcastic but I was told to put that to avoid getting flamed)
Sep 13, 2017 4:43 PM
Jan 2017
EcchiKingMamster said:
AyameTomoko said:

I know a lot of teenagers who like anime, but I am a highschooler. However most conversations with them go like this
Me: hey that's a cool Berserk shirt, I didn't know you liked it.
Them: Yeah, I saw the first movie on Netflix. I LOVE ANIME. ANIME LIKE NARUTO AND AVATAR IS SO GREAT AND IT IS BETTER THAN WESTERN CARTOONS LIKE ADVENTURE TIME AND STEVEN UNIVERSE WHICH ARE DUMB BECAUSE THEY HAVE BAD ANIMATION AND DON'T EVEN HAVE A PLOT HEY YOU WANNA WATCH CLIPS OF THE NARUTO X PAIN FIGHT ON YOUTUBE?!?
Sep 13, 2017 4:43 PM
Jul 2018
EcchiKingMamster said:
yea? well you know.. thats just like, uh.. your opinion, man :D

Tbh I am guilty of lewding K-on girls ;-;
Sep 13, 2017 4:44 PM

Jul 2016
Seiya said:
I have no idea who your waifu is.

You're looking at her in my avatar and signature. Profile picture as well.
Sep 13, 2017 4:45 PM
fanservice<3

Mar 2012
Jason_Funderberk said:
EcchiKingMamster said:

I know a lot of teenagers who like anime, but I am a highschooler. However most conversations with them go like this
Me: hey that's a cool Berserk shirt, I didn't know you liked it.
Them: Yeah, I saw the first movie on Netflix. I LOVE ANIME. ANIME LIKE NARUTO AND AVATAR IS SO GREAT AND IT IS BETTER THAN WESTERN CARTOONS LIKE ADVENTURE TIME AND STEVEN UNIVERSE WHICH ARE DUMB BECAUSE THEY HAVE BAD ANIMATION AND DON'T EVEN HAVE A PLOT HEY YOU WANNA WATCH CLIPS OF THE NARUTO X PAIN FIGHT ON YOUTUBE?!?

yea teenagers are more likely to bring up anime that they think makes them look "cool"... although ppl in their early 20s do the same

@Darek

BOI IF U DON' GIT...

not giving him a view.. sorry
Sep 13, 2017 4:46 PM
Jul 2018
EcchiKingMamster said:

@Darek

BOI IF U DON' GIT...

What is wrong with giving my man Randy Drews one of the few actually decent anime youtubers a view?
Sep 13, 2017 4:50 PM

Jun 2017
romagia said:
as soon as i hit 18 i started watching cgdcs
Late bloomer on my end. Couldn't touch cgDcT anime until i was 20. It is now my favorite genre and I am happy to be the target demographic. Wow
Sep 13, 2017 4:50 PM
fanservice<3

Mar 2012
Darek said:
EcchiKingMamster said:

@Darek

BOI IF U DON' GIT...

What is wrong with giving my man Randy Drews one of the few actually decent anime youtubers a view?

i unfortunately just looked him up, and lold at all the thumbs down XD
Pages (3) [1] 2 3 »

More topics from this board

» "The anime is better than the manga" you ever heard that one before?

Yuusey - 37 minutes ago

12 by IKKIsama »»
2 minutes ago

» Underrated movies

JoeChip - 2 hours ago

18 by Lucifrost »»
5 minutes ago

» Is romance/slice of life the greatest anime genre?

Semester1 - 2 hours ago

9 by Nirinbo »»
11 minutes ago

» What is the greatest anime crime?

SgtBateMan - 7 hours ago

15 by SgtBateMan »»
31 minutes ago

» Need an anime expert to help answer my questions

CovertSphinx - May 26

19 by Nurguburu »»
42 minutes ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.