Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
Jun 9, 2017 7:13 PM
Dec 2016
Ryuutarou Nakamura was a fantastic director but the new director and staff seems to be quite disappointing to me, how do you feel about it? I will keep an open mind though.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »
Jun 9, 2017 11:12 PM

Jul 2007
The production staff is all around mediocre nobodies. Its a red flag sure.
Jun 10, 2017 12:02 AM
Jul 2018
Not too worried about the staff because at best for me it's questionable, but its not something like "It will most likely be shit" to say. But then again, pretty sure that they could have selected a better choice around here but I'm fine with this.
Jun 10, 2017 2:21 AM

Jun 2014
I agree, the staff isn't the best, but that doesn't mean this can't be a good adaptation. I'll continue to stay optimistic about it. I think Lerche is a good/decent studio, so the animation will probably be fine.
:3
Jun 10, 2017 2:34 AM
Jul 2018
alpha_shadow said:
I agree, the staff isn't the best, but that doesn't mean this can't be a good adaptation. I'll continue to stay optimistic about it. I think Lerche is a good/decent studio, so the animation will probably be fine.

Not to mention they have been consistent with production at least in my eyes. I think the one show I think that was inconsistent was probably Unbreakable Machine Doll but that was like years ago. I thought that was the least pleasant thing to see from their track record. Unfortunately. But other than that they are probably going to be fine.
Jun 12, 2017 3:48 PM

Dec 2014
I'm a lot worried about it too. And there is very a high chance it'll be not as great as the original anime by Nakamura, I'm almost sure about it. I just don't trust Lerche that much. It is no bad studio but they aren't that great either or rather that experienced. I was hoping for Shaft and Production I.G (or maybe some animators behind J.C.Staff) maybe even with the new Kino no Tabi anime as a collaboration project. But when I saw the team behind it I was very disappointed. It'll may be a decent anime but this will be probably very different to our loved old Kino no Tabi series. But I hope this series will explode a little hype about the slice of life genre mixed with the psychological genre and more anime to come in these genres..
Jun 14, 2017 12:57 AM
Jan 2015
What? A new Kino no Tabi series??? o.o!!! Well... I really hope they don't ruin this. I mean... just look at the latest Rozen Maiden series and the new Berserk (meh, i still don't like that crappy cg) but oh well... let's hope for the best ^^)
Jun 26, 2017 6:13 PM

Oct 2008
RabbitTear34 said:
I was hoping for Shaft

SHAFT? Seriously? They are way too awkward when they need to follow something - just look at Sangatsu. It's perfect, but it's glaringly obvious how SHAFT gives no life into it, just robotically produces animation. SHAFT would be abysmal with material like this, they need something that allows them for extra shots - like Hidamari or Monogatari.
Jun 26, 2017 6:36 PM

Oct 2013
Hopefully they're able to recreate the stoic atmosphere of the original, but I have my doubts too.
Jun 26, 2017 6:52 PM
Go read Medalist
Apr 2007
I initially thought, "hey, can't be so bad", but then I looked at the actual list of titles produced by the staff, and yes, red flag galore alright.
Jun 26, 2017 6:55 PM

Dec 2014
Sanya-nya said:
RabbitTear34 said:
I was hoping for Shaft

SHAFT? Seriously? They are way too awkward when they need to follow something - just look at Sangatsu. It's perfect, but it's glaringly obvious how SHAFT gives no life into it, just robotically produces animation. SHAFT would be abysmal with material like this, they need something that allows them for extra shots - like Hidamari or Monogatari.

Yes, I'm very serious. Shaft would be a quite good choice because they made already a movie about Kino no Tabi..
https://myanimelist.net/anime/2175/Kino_no_Tabi__The_Beautiful_World_-_Byouki_no_Kuni_-_For_You
If you think the staff behind Shaft can only create extra shots and robotically poses or animation you didn't have really cared about the themes in Sangatsu no Lion. Sangatsu is a perfect example of anime about life and it feels very vivid too. Don't judge the anime only because of its animation. This anime cares a lot about its characters and especially creates beautiful atmospheric moments.
And btw. the Monogatari Series is another great example for an anime about life, about people, who suffers, who are broken, distance themselves from parts of their own personality and so on..
Yes, I agree there is a lot of animation fanservice in Monogatari too but that don't mean it isn't an anime about life or there is no life in it.
Don't judge a gift only by its packaging. And watch the Kino no Tabi movie.
But you can be happy if you don't like the animation by Shaft, Lerche is adapting Kino.
Jun 26, 2017 6:58 PM
Jul 2018
RabbitTear34 said:
Sanya-nya said:

Yes, I'm very serious. Shaft would be a quite good choice because they made already a movie about Kino no Tabi..
https://myanimelist.net/anime/2175/Kino_no_Tabi__The_Beautiful_World_-_Byouki_no_Kuni_-_For_You
If you think the staff behind Shaft can only create extra shots and robotically poses or animation you didn't have really cared about the themes in Sangatsu no Lion. Sangatsu is a perfect example of anime about life and it feels very vivid too. Don't judge the anime only because of its animation. This anime cares a lot about its characters and especially creates beautiful atmospheric moments.
And btw. the Monogatari Series is another great example for an anime about life, about people, who suffers, who are broken, distance themselves from parts of their own personality and so on..
Yes, I agree there is a lot of animation fanservice in Monogatari too but that don't mean it isn't an anime about life or there is no life in it.
But it's already too late, Lerche is adapting Kino.

But Lerche is awesome
Jun 26, 2017 7:01 PM

May 2016
More Kino's Journey is instantly good. Hype hype hype hype hype ghhpthperphwhpwrwgjnwgjhqe

This glorious signature image was created by @Mayumi!

I am the Arbiter of Absolute Truth, and here is my wisdom:

"Anime was always influenced by the West. This is not news.
Shoujo is the superior genre primarily aimed at young people.
Harem/isekai are lazy genres that refuse any meaningful innovation.
There is no 'Golden Age.' There will always be top-shelf anime.
You should be watching Carole & Tuesday."
Jun 26, 2017 7:05 PM

Dec 2014
Inferno_Blaze said:
RabbitTear34 said:

But it's already too late, Lerche is adapting Kino.

But Lerche is awesome

Lerche is no bad studio and I didn't mean they are bad in adapting anime. But I would prefer Shaft. And I don't think Lerche has enough experience for creating such an atmospheric and character driven anime like Kino no Tabi. But I hope I'm wrong.
Jun 26, 2017 7:08 PM
Jul 2018
RabbitTear34 said:
Inferno_Blaze said:

But Lerche is awesome

Lerche is no bad studio and I didn't mean they are bad in adapting anime. But I would prefer Shaft. And I don't think Lerche has enough experience for creating such atmospheric and character driven anime like Kino no Tabi. But I hope I'm wrong.

I guess your right about shaft would be better at setting the mood for this type of show. Hope this will be good. Also any news if this is a remake or new season?
Jun 26, 2017 7:13 PM
Mar 2016
Is this a retelling of the light novel or another story altogether?
Jun 26, 2017 7:18 PM

Dec 2014
Inferno_Blaze said:
RabbitTear34 said:

Lerche is no bad studio and I didn't mean they are bad in adapting anime. But I would prefer Shaft. And I don't think Lerche has enough experience for creating such atmospheric and character driven anime like Kino no Tabi. But I hope I'm wrong.

I guess your right about shaft would be better at setting the mood for this type of show. Hope this will be good. Also any news if this is a remake or new season?

I don't think they already mentioned if it'll be a remake or a sequel.
Jun 26, 2017 7:23 PM
Jul 2018
RabbitTear34 said:
Inferno_Blaze said:

I don't think they already mentioned if it'll be a remake or a sequel.

I see, thanks anyways
Jun 26, 2017 7:41 PM

Oct 2016
The original had it's own special flavor and atmosphere, I'm afraid that all of that will be lost. It's special indeed. Though, I have high hopes that things will go well.
Jun 26, 2017 8:01 PM

Mar 2012
I'm just wondering why they brought this back lol, wonder how modernized it will be
Jun 26, 2017 8:09 PM

Oct 2013
As I said before, I am 50% excited and 50% terrified. Kino no Tabi really has this distinctive atmosphere to it and I'm afraid that Lerche won't be able to replicate it.
Jun 26, 2017 8:13 PM

Jun 2014
Why... Why did the trashiest anime studio on earth have to go and target Kino...
Jun 26, 2017 8:22 PM
Nov 2013
The staff is one thing but they changed Kino's voice. Aoi Yuuki is my favorite voice actress, but she's not Kino. That worries me.
Jun 26, 2017 10:01 PM
Feb 2008
ZachM said:
The staff is one thing but they changed Kino's voice. Aoi Yuuki is my favorite voice actress, but she's not Kino. That worries me.

Ai Maeda reprising the role in any new Kino work was always going to be a huge long-shot. She's been MIA from voice acting since, well, doing Kino. There was a video game featuring Kino recently, and she didn't provide the voice for her there either.

I appreciate the symmetry of Aoi Yuuki's casting. Sakura got to become the traveler after all.

I'm apprehensive about this project. I love Kino and have been hopeful of more content for years, but it's going to be so difficult for a new team in 2017 to recapture the charm that the original had.
Jun 26, 2017 10:04 PM

May 2010
I'll wait for the dub.
Even when I was in crowd, I was always alone
Jun 26, 2017 10:22 PM

Jul 2007
Sanya-nya said:
RabbitTear34 said:
I was hoping for Shaft

You must be joking.

Sangatsu has been one of the very few great shows this year. The ways Shaft elevated the material and the creative cinematography were just breathtaking.
Jun 26, 2017 10:51 PM

Jan 2008
A literalwho studio with a whathisface director? Sounds not promising.

Yuuki "Goddess" Aoi on the other hand gives a ticket on the hype train.
Use your brain before using your keyboard!
Jun 26, 2017 10:59 PM

Mar 2013
I think they have enough material to make this adaptation as long as they don't decide to make weird original story. I hope they fully adapt the LN stories though, I really wanna see "Land of Heroes" to be animated. Anyone remembers? :)
"Isn't Victini the cutest Pokemon of all time?"
Jun 26, 2017 11:15 PM

Mar 2016
I don't think they need to make original stories. There's plenty of material from the LN to use.
Jun 26, 2017 11:25 PM

Aug 2012
FerdinandSurya said:
I think they have enough material to make this adaptation as long as they don't decide to make weird original story. I hope they fully adapt the LN stories though, I really wanna see "Land of Heroes" to be animated. Anyone remembers? :)

Land of Heroes was a really good set of chapters, but I don't think they'd do one with that much action in it.
Jun 27, 2017 12:26 AM

Mar 2016
It's really hard to tell with just the heads of the team. Maybe they'll get some great episode directors or maybe there'll be some better studio picking up some episode when they fall behind schedule.

Shaft made an OVA and it looks closer to the original than, you know, Shaft. Maybe Kino will elevate Lerche and put them on the map... right?
eh, hago cosas en youtube. Si te pinta pasate www.youtube.com/c/verduritasparasopa
Jun 27, 2017 1:07 AM

Dec 2012
No! Please, no! NO!

NO!

The original series were astoundingly animated, but the plot was so passive and misanthropic you would only be upset.

Why would we need another stupid bunch of couch cynicism?

Why would not they animate something idealistic and motivating?

Kill it, please, until it spreads.
Jun 27, 2017 1:26 AM

Jun 2007
Ajoura said:
No! Please, no! NO!

NO!

The original series were astoundingly animated, but the plot was so passive and misanthropic you would only be upset.

"Oh why people dare to like what I don't?! Besides if I don't like something it shouldn't exist at all! I'm a five year old baby"
see you, space cowperson . . .
Jun 27, 2017 1:31 AM

Dec 2012
Sorvarin said:
Ajoura said:
No! Please, no! NO!

NO!

"Oh why people dare to like what I don't?! Besides if I don't like something it shouldn't exist at all! I'm a five year old baby"

You just demonstrated the reason why this low-profile creation should not exist.
It makes the ones like you act impolite to strangers and meet them with prejudice.
Jun 27, 2017 1:36 AM
Aug 2014
I'm a little curious but do like half the people in the topic like...not watch any shows at all?

One was involved in Overlord
Another in DanganRonpa 3
And one more in Sousei

While the last one I'll give credit since it was a 50/50 reception, but did people not like Overlord and DangranRonpa 3???

And then we have Lerche themselves.
Were shows like Asassination Classroom, Unbrekable Machine Doll, Ranpo Kittan, Kuzu no Honkai, Daily Life with Monther Girls THAT unknown? Or are you people just trolling?
Jun 27, 2017 1:59 AM

May 2010
Ajoura said:
Sorvarin said:

You just demonstrated the reason why this low-profile creation should not exist.
It makes the ones like you act impolite to strangers and meet them with prejudice.

Says you when you were being beyond impolite to the creators of the series. Very fair.
Jun 27, 2017 2:07 AM

Dec 2012
TragicRomance said:
Ajoura said:

Says you when you were being beyond impolite to the creators of the series. Very fair.

They deserved it.

In previous series, Kino was just going places, watching people act like idiots and doing nothing to make the situation better, sans a rare couple of cases. No empathy, no trying to understand a single person in distress, sans a rare couple of cases, again.
Most of time it was played like "They are a bunch of idiots anyway. They will die anyway. Lol, I'm out of here".

I also read some of the novels and they were no better.

If the creators want to spread such a hateful, selfish message of an antisocial loser, they would better hang themselves.

The world would become a bit more beautiful.
Jun 27, 2017 2:22 AM

Jun 2007
Ajoura said:

In this thread only the fans of the show would gather. You come there and say that this show should be killed, then call it a "low-profile creation". And then you call me impolite. I just can feel my brain cells dying. Please don't bother answering, obviously you are "trolling"(in this day and age...).
see you, space cowperson . . .
Jun 27, 2017 2:33 AM

Dec 2012
Sorvarin said:
Ajoura said:

In this thread only the fans of the show would gather. You come there and say that this show should be killed, then call it a "low-profile creation". And then you call me impolite. I just can feel my brain cells dying. Please don't bother answering, obviously you are "trolling"(in this day and age...).

You don't know who I am, yet you already judge.

First you "obviously" assumed that I am your typical mindless hater, then you "obviously" assume I am a troll. What label will be the next?

Kino did exactly the same. She comes to a town, looks from afar, labels everyone as a "hat" and lets them be wrong again.

If, for example, Nyaruko was as prejudiced as Kino, Mahiro would never have so much colors in his life.
Kino's message is not only wrong, it is dangerous.
Jun 27, 2017 3:21 AM

May 2010
Ajoura said:
TragicRomance said:

They deserved it.

In previous series, Kino was just going places, watching people act like idiots and doing nothing to make the situation better, sans a rare couple of cases. No empathy, no trying to understand a single person in distress, sans a rare couple of cases, again.
Most of time it was played like "They are a bunch of idiots anyway. They will die anyway. Lol, I'm out of here".

If the creators want to spread such a hateful, selfish message of an antisocial loser, they would better hang themselves.

See? If you think they deserve it, then anyone is free to think you are deserved to be called whatever they think.

Idk why you went as far as reading the novels if you disliked it so much, but okay. Peace.
Jun 27, 2017 3:39 AM

Nov 2012
The staff being a bunch of nobodies is definitely worrying.

Also find the title odd,"Kino no Tabi: The Beautiful World - The Animated Series" as if the other season wasn't animated.
Jun 27, 2017 4:02 AM

Dec 2012
TragicRomance said:
Ajoura said:

They deserved it.

See? If you think they deserve it, then anyone is free to think you are deserved to be called whatever they think.

Idk why you went as far as reading the novels if you disliked it so much, but okay. Peace.

To be honest, I liked the story about the girl with her airplane. Though her society was described as a usual bunch of idiots, she was quite a determinator, and this was great. In the meaning of "You can do it, just try". I was interested if novels would have more such stories, but alas.

And about calling names, they deserved it in full prime - I am not the one here implanting cynical message into people's heads via 2D televangelism.
Jun 27, 2017 5:04 AM

Aug 2015
Everyone needs a second chance tbh.
Jun 27, 2017 5:18 AM

Oct 2015
Is this some kind of remake or something?
Jun 27, 2017 6:29 AM
Go read Medalist
Apr 2007
Lerche is a fine studio. The name might be new, but people there know their stuff. E.g. Kuzu no Honkai is absolutely gorgeous, and from what I've seen of the studio's other recent works, their character designers and the animation A-team have been pretty consistent. Not yet top-tier, but far above the average.

Aoi Yuuki is also an incredibly talented actress, and I have no doubt she can handle the role. She's done harder stuff. Sakura was one of her earliest roles, actually (I think she was 11 at the time).

The director and the series composer are the ones to be worried about. Can't see a single solid title under their belt.
Jun 27, 2017 10:31 AM
Feb 2008
moozooh said:
Lerche is a fine studio. The name might be new, but people there know their stuff. E.g. Kuzu no Honkai is absolutely gorgeous, and from what I've seen of the studio's other recent works, their character designers and the animation A-team have been pretty consistent. Not yet top-tier, but far above the average.

Aoi Yuuki is also an incredibly talented actress, and I have no doubt she can handle the role. She's done harder stuff. Sakura was one of her earliest roles, actually (I think she was 11 at the time).

The director and the series composer are the ones to be worried about. Can't see a single solid title under their belt.

There's no doubt that Aoi Yuuki is quality. It's just a matter of whether she can pull off the Kino character well relative to Maeda. It's going to be interesting to see how she handles the character.

I would hope she has a level of respect for the show and the character given her history with it. Hopefully this was something she really wants to do and she's going to spend time getting the voice as close to perfect as possible. Of course we can't expect an imitation of the previous seiyuu and that's not really warranted.
Jun 27, 2017 11:46 AM

Oct 2014
VanishingKira said:
The staff being a bunch of nobodies is definitely worrying.

Also find the title odd,"Kino no Tabi: The Beautiful World - The Animated Series" as if the other season wasn't animated.

Perhaps they will adapt the whole light novel???

Jun 27, 2017 1:20 PM

Oct 2015
So i'm not really too familiar with this studio, is it that bad? whats bad about them is it the animation? They are going off the light novels it shouldent be too concerning should it? Not to mention it looks like the original creator has a part in it.
Jun 27, 2017 4:46 PM

Feb 2016
The staff, the Studio are truly fearsome. The first two adaptations were masterpiece.

And I don't think Lerche to be able to create the atmosphere and characters for this beautiful franchise. Unfortunately Lerche offer only cliché trash.
Jun 27, 2017 5:51 PM

Mar 2013
Veredin said:
I don't think they need to make original stories. There's plenty of material from the LN to use.

I hope so too

TheDustyRed said:
FerdinandSurya said:

Land of Heroes was a really good set of chapters, but I don't think they'd do one with that much action in it.

Yup it's an action heavy chapter, that's why I wanna see it in action XD
"Isn't Victini the cutest Pokemon of all time?"
Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Kino no Tabi: The Beautiful World - The Animated Series Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Nov 24, 2017

76 by Dawizz »»
May 27, 4:01 AM

Poll: » Kino no Tabi: The Beautiful World - The Animated Series Episode 6 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Nov 10, 2017

104 by Dawizz »»
May 27, 4:00 AM

Poll: » Kino no Tabi: The Beautiful World - The Animated Series Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Oct 13, 2017

256 by Dawizz »»
May 27, 3:59 AM

» I thought Kino was a guy.

Nyamaste - May 2, 2022

13 by Dawizz »»
May 27, 3:57 AM

» will there be a season 2 in your opinions?

Aguy711 - Nov 13, 2022

4 by Dawizz »»
May 27, 3:55 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.