Forum Settings
Forums

Are you against or up for Rewatching Anime?

New
May 2, 2017 11:47 AM

Oct 2015
If against, or up for it, why so?.

I personally dislike rewatching Anime, I already know everything that's gonna happen so..
Yeah.

(Btw, this applies to manga and all the other forms like Light Novels, and Visual Novels).

So, do you rewatch Anime or not?
Why yes or no?.
Pages (3) [1] 2 3 »
May 2, 2017 11:54 AM

Apr 2016
Yes I rewatch anime. I love re-watching old stuff that I had watched long ago. I'm re-watching Bebop right now.
I'm totally for re-watching anime. It's fun. Even though you know what's gonna happen, it's great going through your favorite childhood anime series.

As for manga, I've already re-read Berserk from the start at least 4 times. And I haven't even caught up to the latest volume.
May 2, 2017 11:55 AM

Aug 2016
I don't dislike rewatching. I prefer not to because I already have so much on my plate right now and I rather give it several years to get more out of a rewatching experience.

Dec 2016
Ill rewatch some anime once my ptw list gets incredibly smaller.

Nov 2014
Rewatching a great anime > watching a new shit anime

May 2, 2017 11:56 AM

Apr 2016
Soriki said:
If against, or up for it, why so?.

I personally dislike rewatching Anime, I already know everything that's gonna happen so..
Yeah.

(Btw, this applies to manga and all the other forms like Light Novels, and Visual Novels).

So, do you rewatch Anime or not?
Why yes or no?.

if you dislike re-watching why do you do it?? Just don't watch it. Problem solved.
May 2, 2017 11:57 AM

Jun 2015
"I'm against, my religion forbids it. If you rewatch anime you're a heathen and will burn in hell forever!"

Is that what you were expecting? You can't be "against" something like this, there's no inherent evil in it. Even if people don't often do it it doesn't mean they're against it.
You decide if you want to rewatch an anime or not based on how much you liked it, how long it's been since you last watched it, if someone is gonna start watching with you, etc. You might not want to rewatch something now, but in a few years who knows?
May 2, 2017 11:59 AM

May 2014
I rewatch if I feel like I get something out of rewatching it, like if I forgot what happened or something. Also, comedy anime are pretty easy to rewatch after a while, since the jokes almost become new again.
EriconatorMay 2, 2017 12:12 PM
May 2, 2017 12:09 PM

Jan 2016
I rewatch or reread a lot, especially if i'm not in the mood to watch something new. Sometimes i just rewatch anime like space operas just because they are basically no existent nowadays or rare.
Then there are anime that i rewatch annually like Nadia, GITS, Redline, Hellsing, Yamato 2199, Gundam OVAs and Planetes.

In the end i just watch anime based on the mood and already watched anime are a safe bet.
Johnnyd3rpMay 2, 2017 12:15 PM
May 2, 2017 12:14 PM

Nov 2016
I did a few rewatches in the past and usually it's almost as much fun as the first time. Sometimes it's even better, cause you notice details you missed the first time watching.

Rewatching isn't a must do, there are few shows I liked but I wouldn't bother watching again. But I plan to rewatch my absolute favorite anime at least once in the future, for now I'm busy discovering new anime.

One Piece episode 914 & 915 & 1027 were a mistake and 957 brought the salvation - FMmatron

May 2, 2017 12:16 PM

Jan 2012
I wouldn't say I'm against rewatching anime, I just very rarely do. The only reason is because when something is still relatively fresh in my mind, I'd rather not watch it again since I more or less know how it's going to go. Now when my memory gets fuzzy on an anime that I really liked then I'd be down to watch it again.
May 2, 2017 12:17 PM

Jun 2010
Ill rewatch an anime if I think I can enjoy it

Already rewatch:
- Toradora! (5 times)
- Pita Ten (5 times)
- Index (2 times)
- Railgun (2 times)
May 2, 2017 12:19 PM

Jan 2017
Maybe after a few years. A good memory can be a blessing but also irritating when wanting to rewatch something (it removes the enjoyment of suprises etc.)
May 2, 2017 12:20 PM
May 2017
I rewatch anime when I don't see any anime of my liking in that season and use it to skip that season.
May 2, 2017 12:21 PM

Aug 2015
I'm always up for rewatching anime, no matter what. It really helps rewatching something you enjoyed to freshen your memory on the anime, and also if you haven't been getting into anything new.

I'd love to make more time for rewatching animes that I thought were great, but then there's more anime to watch that I haven't seen..
May 2, 2017 12:21 PM

Mar 2017
up for it, when I feel down, I sometimes watch an episode or two of barakamon / usagi drop. Gives me the Nostalgic feels
May 2, 2017 12:23 PM

Mar 2017
I'll only rewatch anime that are 'clever'.

For example, Durarara!! or Death Note. That way, even though you know the outcome, you'll be able to see all of the little clever things put into the anime that you never noticed before and realise just how cleverly done it is.
May 2, 2017 1:33 PM

Jul 2016
If I really liked it and felt like watching it again then I can't see why you wouldn't rewatch it. I would like there to be some time between the first watch and the rewatch though
May 2, 2017 1:35 PM

Apr 2014
I only rewatch masterpiece anime like SAO and NGNL.
A stupid thread deserves a stupid answer!
May 2, 2017 1:36 PM

Jun 2016
I love rewatching stuff I've watched before with friends and family. I'm up for it anytime, to relive the amazing anime from a while back.
May 2, 2017 1:36 PM

Oct 2016
With the exception of anime on my favorites list, I won't re-watch entire series on my own accord. I may rewatch scenes or single episodes that I remember being very good, like episode 24-25 of death note, and episode 10 of 91 days.
"It's the same sense of loss I feel when a slice-of-life series ends... The despair of knowing that their lives will still continue on, yet I won't be able to see it..."
~Hajime Tsunashi from Danna ga Nani wo Itteiru ka Wakaranai Ken
May 2, 2017 1:41 PM

Oct 2016
I usually only rewatch anime that I watched a long time ago (2 or 3 years) but I'm planning on rewatching some of my favorites in the near future.
Nyanpasu~
May 2, 2017 2:24 PM

Apr 2017
MinxANIME said:
I'll only rewatch anime that are 'clever'.

For example, Durarara!! or Death Note. That way, even though you know the outcome, you'll be able to see all of the little clever things put into the anime that you never noticed before and realise just how cleverly done it is.

This is exactly what i use to do. I did it with Death Note a few months ago and i'm not gonna say it was better than the first time but still enjoyed it so much.
May 2, 2017 2:26 PM

Jun 2015
Do people really take such ridiculous stances?

May 2, 2017 2:29 PM

Feb 2016
I'm actually rewatching a lot of shows & movies. Rewatching with friends or family can be so much fun. But I don't mind rewatching alone either.
[→ Anime I used to watch when I was a child. Anime that I used to enjoy and feel like "re-experiencing".]

Also once a opening or any other song from a show is stuck in my head I mostly start a "small" rewatch - or at least a few episodes -depending on the anime. [Yamato & Sagittarius all the time tbh.]
May 2, 2017 2:33 PM

Aug 2016
I like rewatching older stuff for the feeling usually
I've got way too many anime to watch this summer
Currently watching
- No Game No Life (rewatch cause nostalgia)
- Attack on Titan 2
- Alice to Zokuru
- Spice and Wolf
Feel free to friend or message me I'm always looking for new friends!
May 2, 2017 2:39 PM
Sep 2013
well, i rewatched death note because i was craving a show like that once again.
May 2, 2017 2:44 PM

Aug 2016
I don't understand being "against" rewatching something. Does that mean even going back to your favorite movie, series, etc. is "wrong"?

You can get more from repeated watches than you did on your first time through: those little details you missed; a new perspective on the themes presented; foreshadowing or dramatic irony in an early part, stuff like that. That is, unless you have a really great memory.

Besides, if what you watched is any good, you might just want to enjoy it again.
May 2, 2017 2:47 PM

Sep 2011
How does one become "against" rewatching something? That's just dumb lol. When you end up watching all the good stuff, and there's nothing left but shit, what do you? That's the point where I'm at. I just rewatch shows I've enjoyed from my 9-10 score, and sometimes 8. I even redid my scores for some of my rewatches.
May 2, 2017 3:07 PM

Jan 2017
I do like to re-watch anime, but I'm usually too lazy to XD

I'm just like:

I pretty much know what mostly happens, and I could be watching a new anime instead of this.
May 2, 2017 3:12 PM

Sep 2012
I rewatch lots of things not just anime. Sometimes you have to watch something for the second time to understand everything.

*Tips Monogatari LNs*
May 2, 2017 3:14 PM

Sep 2015
i only rewatch shows that i score 7 or above
N.etorare T.echnical R.esearcher
May 2, 2017 3:18 PM

Jul 2009
I usually skim through shows I've seen before if I aim to make a review out of them. Otherwise, I always go for something new.
May 2, 2017 6:31 PM

Dec 2015

Mowse98 said:
With the exception of anime on my favorites list, I won't re-watch entire series on my own accord. I may rewatch scenes or single episodes that I remember being very good, like episode 24-25 of death note, and episode 10 of 91 days.

I don't know if I could rewatch the ones from my favorites that are 300+ episodes... but other than that, it's exactly what I do.
May 2, 2017 6:57 PM
Jul 2018
yes, and because i feel like it.

also back in the day i didn't have a lot to choose from.
couldn't always watch whatever you want and stream anime online

i did drop a lot of cash on anime on videotape but i still only had so many so i tended to rewatch the ones i liked the most(slayers countless times)

i still rewatch anime i feel like rewatching if i am in the mood for that particular anime, also i like to share some of my favorites with friends and family so i'll rewatch it with them.

also i don't own a lot of manga, and i keep it in the bathroom so i am constantly rereading it in between magazines on the can.
May 2, 2017 6:59 PM

Apr 2017
depends.. If it's Stein's Gate ish anime then I'd definitely rewatch it atleast once
May 2, 2017 7:13 PM

Aug 2016
ShadowCode said:

You got a big ptw list... while I got 0 lol.
I only watch the very best anime out there.
Every anime I think is worthy of my list has to be perfect from the very beginning to the end.
I study the anime and make sure it's 100% satisfying for me.
My current anime project: Ginga Eiyuu Densetsu
Future anime project: Unknown
Please feel free to recommend me anime to watch. Just leave a message on my profile :)
May 2, 2017 7:15 PM
♡( •ॢ◡-ॢ)✧˖° ♡

Dec 2014
I rewatch anime so I can embrace their awesomeness once more.

The best time to do it is when the most new seasonal anime are crap

(っ◔◡◔)っ 𝓘 𝔀𝓲𝓼𝓱 𝔂𝓸𝓾 𝓪𝓵𝓵 𝓱𝓪𝓿𝓮 𝓪 𝔀𝓸𝓷𝓭𝓮𝓻𝓯𝓾𝓵 𝓭𝓪𝔂 ♥
May 2, 2017 7:24 PM

Dec 2016
Tanaka-kun_nya said:
ShadowCode said:

You got a big ptw list... while I got 0 lol.

The struggle is real. Probably will take a few years to finish it.
May 2, 2017 7:44 PM

Mar 2017
I can rewatch Fairy Tail unlimited times. But certain shows I really enjoy the first time around, and don't enjoy watching it again.
May 2, 2017 7:49 PM

Jul 2012
I do not really re-watch anime much, but I will start or watch random episodes sometimes. I wouldnt say I am for it or against it.
May 2, 2017 7:54 PM

Jul 2014
I only rewatch anime so that I can better analyze how the story arcs about the guy who wants to bone his sister are symbolic of the Segregation Era and the Civil Rights Movement.
May 2, 2017 8:02 PM

Sep 2014
I didn't know you could be against rewatching an anime to be honest. As long as you're not stupid enough to rewatch an anime the day after your first watch... In time your memory fades and that 10/10 anime can be experienced again. It's a win/win situation

May 2, 2017 8:03 PM

Jun 2011
Totally for it. Rewatch as much as you want. Just don't become stagnant only watching the same 5. haha. I know someone who rewatches Ranma, DBZ, Yu Yu Hakusho, Digimon, and a few others and watched no other anime until recently.
The anime community in a nutshell.
May 2, 2017 8:05 PM
Sep 2015
I don't have anything against rewatching anime series, I'm rewatching Ergo Proxy right now indeed. I like to see characters that I'd like, that helps me to remember why I likes or disliked some series, sometimes I don't fully understand a story and watch it two or three times or more helps me to get it, sometimes, know what's going to happen and when makes it more intense, like when your favorite character it's gonna die and you suffer more than the first time you saw it, cause you don't wanna see that charecter die, but you know that is inevitable
May 2, 2017 8:08 PM

Oct 2015
I like it, it's fresh when you watch the same thing but perceive it entirely different after a long time

rip nostalgia though
[left] (◕‿◕✿)
May 2, 2017 10:57 PM

May 2010
I re-watch 1 or 2 episodes of a same series daily for 9 years now.

I re-watch comedy series a lot, but sometimes I feel my life was wasted when re-watching a series. :o3
May 2, 2017 11:09 PM

Apr 2017
I love rewatching my favorite series, such as Highschool DxD and Zero no Tsukaima, but if its some series I rate around a 4 on MAL then I usually will never touch it again.
May 2, 2017 11:17 PM

Oct 2014
Although I would love to rewatch a couple series I simply don't have the time for it. Any time spent rewatching is time I'm watching anime while not getting through the anime I have planned to watch making it simply a waste of time for me.

I watch partly for enjoyment and partly for "knowledge" (more to talk about, more to recommend, and more that I can confirm I have watched). You get enjoyment from the second and third viewing, but you don't get much more to talk about and you certainly don't get anything new to recommend. Once you hit 10 rewatches or so you start to associate certain events in the series with what you were doing, eating, or thinking about when you saw that scene before and may even remember which rewatch that happened on making it less like an anime and more like a playground that you've traversed so much you can't go two steps without it bringing back memories.

It's possible to turn a wooden board into sawdust with a hammer, but your childhood consisted of doing this a lot then you may avoid hitting wood with hammers at all as an adult. I have nothing against rewatching, but honestly I feel like I've rewatched too much in the past to bother doing it anymore.
May 2, 2017 11:50 PM

Oct 2016
I'm all ears when it comes to re-watching excellent animes. It makes me remember how enjoyable the feeling when I first saw it.

I was nothing until the moment I met you.

Pages (3) [1] 2 3 »

More topics from this board

» Filler arcs are not that bad, you're just too old and have access to the internet.

LenRea - Jun 9

30 by PeripheralVision »»
3 minutes ago

» does anyone find it childish and cringe whenever attacks are yelled or named in shonen anime/manga? ( 1 2 )

Phantomnocomics - Jun 8

68 by Hikinekomori »»
3 minutes ago

» First look at "THE LORD OF THE RINGS: THE WAR OF THE ROHIRRIM" Anime Film.

Old_School_Akira - 8 hours ago

37 by billybub »»
5 minutes ago

» Visual Novels — General Thread ( 1 2 )

Shizuna - Apr 27

98 by PeripheralVision »»
20 minutes ago

» What anime you think was carried by a single character? ( 1 2 )

Shizuna - Today

52 by luckyrune »»
47 minutes ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.