Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (3) [1] 2 3 »
Oct 7, 2015 4:06 AM

Jul 2014
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
People thought it would be filler, but nope, it animated one of my favorite one-chapter stories!!

The only characters in this show that actually change their clothes for purposes other than cosplay are Kagura, Otae and the Shinsengumi and maybe some others...

The new OP(?) is ok, I liked the previous one better but this one's not bad. IS THAT THE AFRO GUY I SEE IN THERE THOUGH

ARE THEY INTRODUCING HIM THIS EARLY ON

WASN'T HIS ARC RIGHT BEFORE THAT ARC??!!! THEY CANT BE DOING IT THIS EARLY RIGHT

And the second half was decent (liked the first half better) but it was nice to see Hajime-nii again.

THE ED ANIMATION MAKES ME CRY. Judging by the ED they really might be doing that arc soon... NO PLS DONT GO BEYOND THE POINT OF NO RETURN

Screenshots:

Next week is about Kondo. I don't remember much about this bit in the manga.
toblynarutoOct 8, 2015 12:48 AM
Oct 7, 2015 4:15 AM

Aug 2015
That guy in the opening ? !!! "THAT ARC" is near!!!!!!!
Oct 7, 2015 4:20 AM

Sep 2014
Nice episode, the second half was hilarious.
The new OPs and EDs are great as well, and I like the hinting towards that arc (haven't read the manga, but I know what arc you guys are referring to).

On a side note, maybe it's just me, but why have the last 2 or so episodes of Gintama (mostly just the first half of this specific ep) looked as though they've been drawn and animated by Toei?
Oct 7, 2015 4:21 AM

Aug 2010
So that's gonna be the new OP? It's not bad but totally for budget saving purposes and the music in the prev one was much better. It at least gives me hope that this isn't the last cour...I think

Lots of derps this ep tho, I guess they're concern about the budget lasting might be 4real. That's why I'm scared about whether this is the last cour or not.

Dat friggin ED THO!!! HYPE!!!

Even tho this was a Shinpachi ep it was quite fun XD

Gin's kimono being a School tracksuit and Kagura's hair clips being a penis sheath was so lol

Poor Gin getting preached for his fashion and why he always has a arm out.
Kagura's "Sorry did u by any chance think it looked cool" with that pitying face was so hilarious. KO!

Kagura looked cute in casual clothes and Shinpachi needs to keep the fashionable outfit.

Lol'd at Gin teaching Kamehameha. The Secret technique naming part was fun. Otae's "Let's just make it ******" with his perverted face was so lol

Dat Kondo penis stretching technique was O_o
Oct 7, 2015 4:21 AM
Aug 2015
I want Chico back :(, the OP is not bad, but there is no way it better than the previous OP :(
The ED is amazing, as expected from the group with amazing ED of Durarara X2 ten
Please not that arc, there is still more funny arc to cover , please :(
Oct 7, 2015 4:28 AM

Jul 2014
Holy freaking christ it looks like they will DO THAT ARC!!!! THAT ARC that fcking made me cry like a bitch and almost busted my monitor!
That ED was fcking gold, made me teary for a moment there, this part tho

manly tears were spread.

ED HYPE IS REAL!!!! having mixed feelings about it being animated since... after that arc... we barely got anything funny for a whole chapter.
Oct 7, 2015 4:38 AM

Jul 2013
Funny episode.
Awesome ending.
There's still more or less 40 chapters before "that arc", it's just teasing
Oct 7, 2015 4:42 AM

Dec 2013
Hilarious episode!

New op was pretty meh but that ed was great!

Revelation about their clothing was too funny XD
Oct 7, 2015 4:53 AM

Dec 2014
Enjoyable episode. I like the visuals on the op and ed. Again, waiting for the next ep.

Join reddit r/anime community!
Oct 7, 2015 4:57 AM
Sep 2015
The new OP felt like a usual Gintama ending and the ED like the usual GODLIKE Gintama opening. They just saved the best for the end.
I'm hyped as f*** right now
Oct 7, 2015 5:00 AM

Aug 2015
Guilek said:
Funny episode.
Awesome ending.

They can always jump to that arc after they introduce the afro, Gintama is just that convenient.
Oct 7, 2015 5:24 AM
Dec 2014
Guilek said:
Funny episode.
Awesome ending.

Yep that's what i've been thnking as well. Probably we'll get this cour and another one before 'that' arc starts. Still though, that's only 24ish episodes till we get there :)

Hopefully they'll save their budget throughout these less serious arcs and give us some amazing animation for the serious arcs

Also i'll just say this was one of the best episodes of Gintama's new season. Absolutely hilarious all the way through. Loved when Gintoki was teaching the homeless people his ultimate move and when Shinpachi was wearing his suit with that smug look haha
Oct 7, 2015 5:26 AM

Mar 2013
The new OP is meh but that ending is amazing
Oct 7, 2015 5:30 AM

Jul 2014
Has Gintama ever teased us in the OP or ED? as far as I can remember what Gintama shows on the OP and ED happens before changing the OP and ED.
Oct 7, 2015 5:34 AM

Nov 2014
Nice ED
Oct 7, 2015 5:35 AM

Apr 2015
Ending is awesome!
Oct 7, 2015 5:37 AM

Jun 2015
The second part was hilarious. Awesome ED!
Oct 7, 2015 5:57 AM

Jun 2014
LOVED THE ED ... It is sooo GOOD. Can't wait for the song to come out, and it's bount to reach that arc, and it will be soooo INSANE to see it. Other than that the episode was awesome as usual :D, the Street Fighter references were hilarious. And the KAMEHAMEHA :D ... The bums were really excited.
Oct 7, 2015 6:19 AM

Oct 2014
The ED is too beautiful :D
I really don't think they'll be doing THAT ARC in this cour but the ED is a great teaser to what's coming up and to let us know that they have the budget ready for that, I mean the art is freaking amazing!

There will be greater and more epic OP and ED for THAT ARC. I know it. It's Gintama all right.
"Having someone saying you're okay as you are and being needed by that person... It was nice to have someone like that..." — Taiga Aisaka
Oct 7, 2015 6:42 AM

May 2009
Loves the ED, especially the group hugs part. Probably they will animate 'that arc' in the last ep of current cour, and continuing to the next cour since 'that arc' is pretty long. But still, I'm not ready.
Oct 7, 2015 6:42 AM

Feb 2012
Lmao nice episode, loved the fashion part, Shinpachi got style.

New OP was really nice, even tho it didn't hint at anything special, but the ED tho, they showed Gintoki vs Takasugi.

And Oboro, don't forget fucking Oboro.
Oct 7, 2015 6:53 AM

Apr 2014
I'M CRYING THAT NEW ED WAS ABSOLUTELY AMAZING OH MY GOD
Oct 7, 2015 6:57 AM
Dec 2013
Good episode... I'm laughing at that street fighter reference. BUT THAT ED! So much foreshadowing... This is not the right time to animate SAA and FSA. They must finish all the arcs before "the big ones".

NANDESUKA KORE?
Oct 7, 2015 7:32 AM
Jun 2015
Pretty funny episode. The Street Fighter references were great. Not that big of a fan of the opening's song compared to the previous one, but the visuals look pretty dope. That ending is hype af though. One of the best endings of the series. Nothing tops Samurai Heart though. <3
okqoiwfklweOct 7, 2015 8:06 AM
Oct 7, 2015 7:39 AM

Jul 2014
I got the feels after watching the ending. I even cried. I think they are hinting at the SAA, even using some manga panels in the ending. I prefer the ending over the opening. But I hope they don't animate it this season. But I do love the art and aniamtion in the opening. It's so colorful but I don't really like the singing.

Pattsuan got all that swag, they even kept his outfit in the opening. He looks awesome and I hope they keep it.

Afro Arc and Oil Rain Chapter are the only things I caught from the opening that they are adapting.
Oct 7, 2015 7:49 AM

Jan 2012
Oh my god, if they really do plan doing that "that arc" so soon, it would need at least around 8-9 episodes or something xd

Lets all hope its all teasing and that its not a desperate attempt for the studo to end the series with a bang.

Then again, we really got trolled with the second movie though lol
Zack312Oct 7, 2015 7:54 AM
How I love a game
Oct 7, 2015 8:25 AM
Mar 2011
I think they have just inverted the OP and the ED for this episode like they do sometimes, the ED suit better for the change of Shinpachi's clothes.
Oct 7, 2015 8:25 AM
Jul 2012
Why can't I rate gintama more than 10/10. The ED alone deserves it. Much more the episode itself.
Oct 7, 2015 8:26 AM
May 2015
Nice episode and funny! 10/10 xDDDDD but the ED me not ready for that arc yet!! :x
Oct 7, 2015 8:38 AM

Jan 2011
good episode
there was about dbz and naruto
dam those ultimate techniques
Oct 7, 2015 8:40 AM
News Team
YEEHAW

Nov 2014
The OP was ok, BUT THE ED THO it's oen of the best ED from gintama with the SPYAIR one.

The episode was hilarious as always !
STOP SLEEPING ON ODD TAXI

Oct 7, 2015 8:50 AM

Apr 2014
I laughed pretty hard at this one xD
omg that ending though. I love it :O
I haven't read the manga so I don't know what's coming, and I'm really really excited!!! The song and animation are just amazing!
I bet they're going to switch the op en ed when the serious arc comes, just like some other times. I remember the ending "Shura". I was so happy when it suddenly became the opening xD
Looking forward to next week! And the week after next week, and the week after that week... Gintama ftw!
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Oct 7, 2015 8:53 AM

Nov 2013
That was funny, Isn't it too early for that arc?
I'm too weird to live but much too rare to die.

Oct 7, 2015 9:10 AM

Jul 2013
MeinKaiser said:
Guilek said:
Funny episode.
Awesome ending.

They can always jump to that arc after they introduce the afro, Gintama is just that convenient.

Without spoil, I don't think they can after that arc.
Oct 7, 2015 9:38 AM

Jun 2010
Loved today's ep. Two of my fave chapters!!

That being said, [the vaguest of spoilers] I really don't think leaving material to animate between Shogun arc and what comes next is a good idea. The events flowed naturally as a consequence of one another, a comedic break between them wouldn't really make sense :T

Also the ED is so weird for an ED lol, I was convinced it was actually the OP until I realized that it doesn't do the thing where it introduces all the charas while the earlier segment did that. If the Op is really the OP, it's my favorite one out of the three so far, it's fun and it sets itself apart.
Oct 7, 2015 10:06 AM

Jul 2015
I love it when have these episodes of two parts, it would be nice if they changed the look from time to time the one who does it and Kagura
I liked the ED OP was not that good but okay ED pays off.
Oct 7, 2015 10:38 AM

Aug 2012
Redmyr said:
The new OP is meh but that ending is amazing

same thought.
Oct 7, 2015 11:53 AM

Jun 2013
so Kagura was wearing penis sheaths all this time?! lol wait what? what's up with that ultimate attack name Luigi? fucking hell i can't stop laughing and that sf4 reference
Oct 7, 2015 12:14 PM

Oct 2012
I don't know if anyone has a better recording of the ending song but I didn't find anything so I made one myself, hoping for it not to be taken out by copyright immediately

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Kydc59G1J_k
EDIT: also got the OP if anyone is interested https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WNeQmTd6q1E
ChamaChamakoyamiOct 7, 2015 12:32 PM
Oct 7, 2015 12:43 PM

Oct 2012
That ED is really amazing, the OP was fine too. Pretty good episode but I can't help but get swept up in the hype for the eventual arc everyone keeps talking about especially because I haven't read the manga and don't know whats coming so I can only anticipate :x
Oct 7, 2015 12:50 PM
Jun 2008
First half was hilarious.
Second half was good, it's a shame shinpachi's dad won't have a decent past but whatever.

OH MY GOD!!
OH MY GOD!!
OH MY GOD!!
OH MY GOD!!
OH MY GOD!!
OH MY GOD!!
Oct 7, 2015 1:06 PM

Dec 2014
:o not to be bitching but the animation was off a very tiny bit. Not sure if it was because its a Shinpachi based episode or if every bit of effort went to anime op&ed.
I hope Sunrise Bandai Namco Pictures is doing fine in dvd sales/budget.

Thoughts on OP: I like it when Gintama has a rock based theme in serious arcs and pop based in relaxing comedic arcs but this op... the lyrics were not all that good.
Is this where you live?

Oct 7, 2015 1:54 PM

Mar 2015
Hope they're not doing that arc soon, I'm not ready yet. Anyways, the ED was great! Probs one of the best long with Samurai Heart, but I'm not too sure bout the OP.
Oct 7, 2015 2:04 PM

Jul 2010
Great episode and that ED! so damn good.OP was imo really bad tho...visually it's okay-ish but music, sigh.Sadly i have to say this is probably the worst Gintama opening, at least for me.Wish they would bring back bands like DOES, FLiP, monobright or SPYAIR.
Also, reading your guys comments got me worried af, i really hope they won't go to the point where they cannot return in story.To my knowledge there are like +6-7 arcs that need to be animated before entering Afro arc...sigh D:
incompleteAEGISOct 8, 2015 6:33 AM
Oct 7, 2015 2:12 PM

Apr 2010
After reading all the comments I'm so excited about THAT arc
If i want to read it which chapter should i start ?
Oct 7, 2015 2:21 PM

Sep 2015
They're going way too fast to THAT arc!!
I wanna see the guardian spirit arc (one of the funniest arcs), the scabbard arc and the "search for the hobo" arc (Feels!!)
Oct 7, 2015 3:14 PM

Dec 2014
I take it the ED is foreshadowing a pretty intense arc.
Oct 7, 2015 3:17 PM

Aug 2010
Not fond of the new OP at all but the new ED is amazing.
Oct 7, 2015 3:23 PM

Apr 2015
Gintoki is right, a samurai
must always be ready
to whip his "sword" with
his dominant hand,haha

Naruto and Kenshin
reference, love it

It's been a while since Jugem,haha

Oct 7, 2015 3:24 PM

Mar 2015
Imo this is the worst anime opening of Gintama, but damn this ending is too good. The ending second best ending of Gintama after samurai heart :)

As a side note this Gintama episode was as usual funny, but the part that is worrying me is the animation and the budget.
Pages (3) [1] 2 3 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Gintama° Episode 51 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Tyrel - Mar 30, 2016

252 by zachashah »»
May 26, 12:15 AM

Poll: » Gintama° Episode 41 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Tyrel - Jan 20, 2016

160 by wibugar »»
May 9, 3:23 AM

Poll: » Gintama° Episode 17 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

cupc - Jul 29, 2015

125 by Jellybeanx »»
May 6, 9:10 AM

Poll: » Gintama° Episode 40 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Tyrel - Jan 13, 2016

252 by sno0pcatt »»
May 4, 5:19 PM

Poll: » Gintama° Episode 47 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Tyrel - Mar 2, 2016

113 by HyperNova06 »»
Mar 20, 11:57 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.