Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
Oct 19, 2014 3:02 PM

Jun 2013
I mean, i know this isnt anything amazing, but why is the score so low?
I think it shouldhave at least a 7.1 or higher
Pages (2) [1] 2 »
Oct 19, 2014 3:05 PM

Jan 2013
SakurasouBusters said:

because the VN is pretty and the anime isnt.

Also there isnt any kung fu or grimdark murder scenes.
Oct 19, 2014 3:15 PM

Jun 2013
SolviteSekai said:
SakurasouBusters said:

because the VN is pretty and the anime isnt.

Also there isnt any kung fu or grimdark murder scenes.

I like the art though.
Oct 19, 2014 5:39 PM

Sep 2012
I think it deserves the low score for now, because everything that we've seen so far seems like build-up for something big. When that something hits the scene, maybe the score will go up.
Oct 19, 2014 6:32 PM
Oct 2012
SakurasouBusters said:

Because people would rather think that the production team is incompetent than to consider that the "faults" they think they have spotted lies with their own inability to understand a story?

A simple example was the "tie" episode. That was so obviously done on purpose, but rather than think what that means, most viewers would rather think that they are smarter than the writers, the director, the continuity people, and well the entire creative staff.

That said, TenYasha does have a point, the show is attempting something big, either it will pay off or it will be a big flaming pile (my guess is it is going to pay off), unfortunately MAL doesn't work the way he states: far too many people judge a show in the first 3 minutes and then never change their score.
Oct 19, 2014 9:42 PM

Jun 2014
MaL isn't the official database for anime anyways so don't let it get to you. For me, the third episode was really good and actually made me see the first two episodes in a different light.
Oct 23, 2014 8:55 AM
Sep 2014
Well, this anime is airing. So I guess the score so far doesn't say so much.
But the Anime isn't doing great in any category. The main characters are nothing special. The romance part doesn't pay of either. The artwork tries to be unique but for me that makes it even worse. The story does have potential - but do to only build up episodes we can only guess how good it will be at the end.
Oct 23, 2014 6:40 PM

Nov 2011
6.61? For MAL standards, that's mediocre at best. I only watched the 1st episode, but i don't think the rating should be this low. unless they messed up badly in the episodes i have yet to watch..
You can buy lossless digital music from your favorite Japanese artists on https://ototoy.jp/.
The songs are all DRM-free and you can re-download your purchased albums as you wish.
Show your support to your favorite artist if you can!
ps. if you are looking for Japanese albums, you have to search it in Japanese (not romaji). Just copy and paste the name.

For those who want to learn Japanese through anime
Resources for learning the language
Oct 23, 2014 6:42 PM

Dec 2013
Jesus why care about the score? Just enjoy it as it is
FragOutFire said:

Why am I a Berserk fan? All I ever experience is pain.

We are in the eclipse and Miura has sacrificed us
Dec 9, 2014 8:13 PM

Jun 2014
Takuan_Soho said:

Because people would rather think that the production team is incompetent than to consider that the "faults" they think they have spotted lies with their own inability to understand a story?

A simple example was the "tie" episode. That was so obviously done on purpose, but rather than think what that means, most viewers would rather think that they are smarter than the writers, the director, the continuity people, and well the entire creative staff.

Haha. THIS.
Dec 10, 2014 2:11 AM

Aug 2014
Its because episodes 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, were horrible slice of life episodes that did nothing. Thats half the anime.

But episodes 1, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12 are amazing.
Dec 10, 2014 6:33 PM

Apr 2014
waaaay better score than girlfriend kari which i prefer over this but hey its just ppls ratings who cares
Dec 10, 2014 6:35 PM
Apr 2010
It's shit. Accept it.
Dec 10, 2014 8:48 PM

Nov 2012
y123y said:
Its because episodes 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, were horrible slice of life episodes that did nothing. Thats half the anime.

Yeah I don't exactly know what buildup everyone is talking about because it was all mediocre slice of life, then it randomly had some action. Also the art is bad and there is practically no character development or personality. It pretends like there is romance, but then it goes way off course of that, too. It really isn't good in any category.
Dec 10, 2014 8:56 PM
Oct 2012
Fugicara said:
Yeah I don't exactly know what buildup everyone is talking about because it was all mediocre slice of life, then it randomly had some action. Also the art is bad and there is practically no character development or personality. It pretends like there is romance, but then it goes way off course of that, too. It really isn't good in any category.

Just because you are too dim to understand things doesn't mean that they don't exist.

Allow me to illuminate your miserable existence. Every time the animation shows those numbers, they are not the day the action occurs in by the parallel dimension the action occurs in.
Dec 10, 2014 11:14 PM

Feb 2013
This show is at the level of Glasslip. But with worst animation.
Dec 11, 2014 2:27 PM

Aug 2013
sakura-hanabi said:
newbies are watching anime and they to prefer animes like Akame ga Kill and Sword Art Online, which is why you see those animes with 8+ ratings (which I don't think they deserve tbh). People rate on enjoyment rather than objectively.

You know, even when I was a newbie in anime (hmm 8 years ago I think) I never liked uber shits like AGK, NGNL, SAO and other hyped (in the middle of the season by kids in most) shows.
I'm searching for anime with 'something'. This show definitely has 'something'. I can't say what is that 'something', it is just a feeling, which doesn't allow you to miss any second of every episode. It is rare in general.
For me Ushinawareta is one of the best shows of this season and even this year. If someone can appreciate shows like this one, I think that this person has a good taste.

Actually I don't mind fanservice if it is well made (Nisemonogatari for example), but I just hate fanservice served for example in AGK and NGNL, it is worst of possible ways for developing fanservice. I think it is made just for stupid people, because story is a trash too.

Ushinawareta lacks in those stupid things (I'm glad) ,
so I think it is the main reason for that low rating.

PS,
I have my own technique for searching good shows(if not older than 4 years).
Rating 6-7,5 -> THERE IS 90% chance for very good or even masterpiece show
Rating 7,8-> 8,4 maybe it will be good,
but don't expect nothing special.
Rating 8,5+ =80% chance for uber shit.
Of course there will be exceptions, but in most cases it is accurate.
kuroraira said:

And what is wrong with glasslip? It was better than 70% shows in summer. I don't saying that it was masterpiece. I was just OK, but definitely not BAD

PS sorry for mistypes, writing posts on phone is a pain :<
rsc-plDec 12, 2014 12:34 AM
Dub = fake crap. Always.
Dec 11, 2014 4:36 PM

Aug 2014
rsc-pl said:
y123y said:
newbies are watching anime and they to prefer animes like Akame ga Kill and Sword Art Online, which is why you see those animes with 8+ ratings (which I don't think they deserve tbh). People rate on enjoyment rather than objectively.

You know, even when I was a newbie in anime (hmm 8 years ago I think) I never liked uber shits like AGK, NGNL, SAO and other hyped (in the middle of the season by kids in most) shows.
I'm searching for anime with 'something'. This show definitely has 'something'. I can't say what is that 'something', it is just a feeling, which doesn't allow you to miss any second of every episode. It is rare in general.
For me Ushinawareta is one of the best shows of this season and even this year. If someone can appreciate shows like this one, I think that this person has a good taste.

Actually I don't mind fanservice if it is well made (Nisemonogatari for example), but I just hate fanservice served for example in AGK and NGNL, it is worst of possible ways for developing fanservice. I think it is made just for stupid people, because story is a trash too.

Ushinawareta lacks in those stupid things (I'm glad) ,
so I think it is the main reason for that low rating.

PS,
I have my own technique for searching good shows(if not older than 4 years).
Rating 6-7,5 -> THERE IS 90% chance for very good or even masterpiece show
Rating 7,8-> 8,4 maybe it will be good,
but don't expect nothing special.
Rating 8,5+ =80% chance for uber shit.
Of course there will be exceptions, but in most cases it is accurate.
kuroraira said:

And what is wrong with glasslip? It was better than 70% shows in summer. I don't saying that it was masterpiece. I was just OK, but definitely not BAD

PS sorry for mistypes, writing posts on phone is a pain :<

I NEVER SAID THAT!!!!!!
Dec 12, 2014 12:43 AM

Aug 2013
sorry, I don't know why it showed you in quote.
Corrected.
Dub = fake crap. Always.
Dec 12, 2014 1:35 AM

Aug 2014
rsc-pl said:
sorry, I don't know why it showed you in quote.
Corrected.

But I gotta say, the person who said that originally, has a very good point :P
Dec 12, 2014 6:24 PM

Nov 2012
rsc-pl said:
kuroraira said:

Oh man I died laughing. Glasslip has been easily one of the worst shows this year. The plot is nonexistent, the drama is forced and out of nowhere, and it was overall bad. You basically discredited everything else you said by implying Glasslip was anywhere near good.

Takuan_Soho said:
Fugicara said:

Just because you are too dim to understand things doesn't mean that they don't exist.

Allow me to illuminate your miserable existence. Every time the animation shows those numbers, they are not the day the action occurs in by the parallel dimension the action occurs in.

There's nothing really to understand. There's just random slice of life, then a forced and incoherent plot featuring characters spewing incorrect bullshit that isn't even in their field of study. He literally was just saying nonsense at the end of episode 9. Secondly, "Allow me to illuminate your miserable existence"? Are you in eighth grade? Also, I don't really know what your last sentence means, since it was so grammatically incorrect. Can you rephrase it so I can tell what you meant to say?
Dec 12, 2014 7:12 PM
Oct 2012
Fugicara said:
He literally was just saying nonsense at the end of episode 9.

Not nonsense. The who idea of a "save point" was in keeping with the theory that this show is using a Galge to explain quantum physics. Also, there is a reason only Yui can travel into the past.

Fugicara said:
Also, I don't really know what your last sentence means, since it was so grammatically incorrect. Can you rephrase it so I can tell what you meant to say?

The problem with my last sentence is that I typed "by" instead of "but". Does that help?

Though crap, in re-watching the end of nine, I noticed that my theory about the numbers is wrong. A small point in my overall theory, but still, damn I should have noticed it before.
Takuan_SohoDec 12, 2014 7:18 PM
Dec 13, 2014 1:28 AM

Aug 2013
Fugicara said:

Oh man I died laughing. Glasslip has been easily one of the worst shows this year. The plot is nonexistent, the drama is forced and out of nowhere, and it was overall bad. You basically discredited everything else you said by implying Glasslip was anywhere near good.

If you died, why are you still writing that nonsenses?
Your ratings for NGNL and AKG are 9/10 and you have the nerve to talk about how bad Glasslip was? ROFTL.

Fugicara said:

Also, I don't really know what your last sentence means, since it was so grammatically incorrect. Can you rephrase it so I can tell what you meant to say?

English is not my primary language, and I understand it pretty well, so I think it is just your problem that you can't guess one small typo.

Fugicara said:

There's nothing really to understand. There's just random slice of life, then a forced and incoherent plot featuring characters spewing incorrect bullshit that isn't even in their field of study.

This show is just to difficult for someone who rated NGNL and AKG 9/10. Go watch stupid shows like these 2 and stop complaining about something that you don't understand.
rsc-plDec 13, 2014 1:31 AM
Dub = fake crap. Always.
Dec 14, 2014 11:03 AM

Nov 2012
rsc-pl said:
This show is just to difficult for someone who rated NGNL and AKG 9/10. Go watch stupid shows like these 2 and stop complaining about something that you don't understand.

I think the problem there is that you compared my scores to your scores, rather than seeing that I generally rate things highly. Our scales are going to be different, so you can't really say I "should" rate things what you rate them. I typically enjoy all kinds of anime, so I rate them highly, but if I would rate them lowly, I would drop them. I'm honestly surprised I've gotten this far into this anime, so I'll give you that. But to criticize my ratings for specific animes without criticizing my scale doesn't really make sense in this case. You don't see me bashing you for rating Non Non Biyori a 10, so why do you bash my other ratings? I've only said points for why I think Ushinawareta is bad, and everyone else attacks me personally instead of saying why they think the show is good or why one thing I said was invalid. Talk about the show; don't attack me as a person.
Dec 14, 2014 6:13 PM

Apr 2012
PriestSlayer said:
Jesus why care about the score? Just enjoy it as it is
My Reviews and Rants: http://bunny1ov3r.wordpress.com/

痛就是爱
Dec 14, 2014 6:14 PM
May 2013
rsc-pl said:

AGK and NGNL aren't stupid shows btw

as someone who loved every second of NGNL, and enjoyed AKG enough for 9/10 scoring(I am slightly generous, part of being MAL doesn't have .5 raings(AGK was more of a 8.5 for me))

I am enjoying this to, I enjoyed glasslip(sure it was no masterpiece), don't call things stupid or shit just because its not your cup of tea
Dec 14, 2014 9:41 PM

Jul 2013
I completely agree the score is totally incorrect.

It should have a 5 or less.
The best anime is the Road to El Dorado
Dec 15, 2014 3:04 PM

Dec 2013
Don't worry about the score ... in the end what matters is whether you like it or not ... I never look at it, usually ...

In any case, my opinion of the anime is positive !
What do you think about the planetarium? That beautiful twinkling of eternity that will never fade, no matter when....
Dec 17, 2014 12:33 AM
May 2013
Ramiel00 said:
Don't worry about the score ... in the end what matters is whether you like it or not ... I never look at it, usually ...

In any case, my opinion of the anime is positive !

the score affects if I will pick up the show at times, if I don't know much about a show, and check the score, if its to low I would generally just skip it

personally I wish MAL would show the score of those who completed a show, and those who didn't seperately(basically brining everyone who finished its score seperate from the rest)
Dec 18, 2014 2:38 PM

Feb 2014
Legal_Latino said:

This
Dec 18, 2014 11:44 PM
Jul 2018
Ciarsondinger said:
Legal_Latino said:

This not.
Dec 20, 2014 1:09 PM

Sep 2012
...This anime is actually good. Considering how even really crappy anime get in the 7s, it doesn't deserve a score lower than that.
Dec 20, 2014 11:01 PM

Oct 2007
Airi said:
It's shit. Accept it.

Indeed.

But you shouldn't watch anime based on score anyway. It just shows how much the community likes it, not how much you as the individual likes it.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Dec 21, 2014 12:35 AM

Aug 2013
Because this show is bad. If anything 6.61 is generous. People rate shit way too high nowadays.

You can justify all you want, but this show sucked. It was executed poorly compared to the VN, and only like 4 episodes contained information that mattered. The animation was also atrocious.

You can hate on all the hyped up shows too, like NGNL, SAO, and others that you named. But those shows are still universes better than this was, and they earned their ratings.

This show is the Glasslip of fall season. Don't even blame the "newbies rating other shows higher". That's a fucking pitiful excuse. You just have shit taste.
Dec 21, 2014 12:39 AM

Jan 2013
[quote=Jonesy974]Because this show is bad. If anything 6.61 is generous. People rate shit way too high nowadays.

You can justify all you want, but this show sucked. It was executed poorly compared to the VN, and only like 4 episodes contained information that mattered. The animation was also atrocious.

You can hate on all the hyped up shows too, like NGNL, SAO, and others that you named. But those shows are still universes better than this was, and they earned their ratings.

This show is the Glasslip of fall season. Don't even blame the "newbies rating other shows higher". That's a fucking pitiful excuse. You just have shit taste.[/quote

this guy gets it
Dec 21, 2014 1:50 AM

Jun 2014
I liked it, underated yo.
Dec 21, 2014 9:33 AM

Nov 2012
Jonesy974 said:
Because this show is bad. If anything 6.61 is generous. People rate shit way too high nowadays.

This show is the Glasslip of fall season. Don't even blame the "newbies rating other shows higher". That's a fucking pitiful excuse. You just have shit taste.

Preach it, brother.

sakura-hanabi said:
This show is terrible 2/10 but sorry SAO is worst 1/10.

I feel like even if you hate SAO, you have to recognize that the production values are way higher and at least give it that. Like rate it higher because the animation and soundtrack are far superior. But that's just me; you don't have to change your rating because of my opinion.
Dec 21, 2014 2:27 PM

Apr 2012
Honestly this anime deserves this score. There are a lot of things not right about it.

Though, a lot of other anime on MAL are overrated... honestly this anime isn't as bad as half of anime on MAL.

So what I am saying is that 6.6 or whatever shouldn't indicate the show is inferior to more than half of the other shows. Unfortunately, in reality it does.

I suspect that this anime is just not popular (ie. doesn't attract high scoring noobs)..
My Reviews and Rants: http://bunny1ov3r.wordpress.com/

痛就是爱
Dec 21, 2014 2:28 PM
Jun 2010
hard sci-fi is beyond most people.
Dec 21, 2014 8:12 PM

Jun 2014
ilok said:

What's beyond me are the people who think "you like something I think is bad, so you have shit taste!".. Completely bogus mindset.

In terms of being an animated program, no way is this a 2/10. That's saying this is as bad as Titantic: The legend goes on which is known as a god awful work of animation. Not many anime hit that level and Ushina is hardly in the same ballpark. I gave it a 8, but I can understand people seeing it as a 4 or 5, but 2? Lol, funny stuff.
Dec 21, 2014 8:26 PM

Nov 2012
y123y said:

But episodes 1, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12 are amazing.

8-12 were the story goes interesting :)
Dec 22, 2014 10:26 AM

Feb 2012
bunny1ov3r said:
Though, a lot of other anime on MAL are overrated... honestly this anime isn't as bad as half of anime on MAL.

So what I am saying is that 6.6 or whatever shouldn't indicate the show is inferior to more than half of the other shows. Unfortunately, in reality it does.

A scoring system only has some meaning when used to compare stuff. If we take into account that the mean score on MAL is 7.4 then this anime is considered "bad" regardless of the fact that its score is actually >6. Anime on MAL are not overrated, there are far too many haters that rate stuff 1 & 2 using multiple accounts than fanboys who rate everything 10; lots of people think that having more than hundreds of completed anime and their Score Dev. under -1.0 does make them a special snowflake who has a better judgment compared to every other MAL user; then they go ranting that everyone except them has shit taste.

Kagami_Hiiragi said:
What's beyond me are the people who think "you like something I think is bad, so you have shit taste!".. Completely bogus mindset.
Agree, mostly because they usually can't say why exactly a show is bad (or when they say it, it's obvious that they didn't understand what they watched).
The fact that different people may like different things is not even considered.
Humans are suspicious and jealous creatures. When they see something perfect, they wanna find a flaw.

Ratohnhaketon said:
You have much to learn if you have not joined the witch hunt to down vote every anime that rises above our underrated favorites. I am currently on a campaign to get Training with Hinako into the top 12. Shit taste is hard to fight though, it's like trying to talk sense to an army of hallucinating loonies.
Ty-Ki said:
It's hilarious to see morons wasting more time with the series they hate so much than the fans of it.
Dec 23, 2014 8:57 AM
Jun 2010
Kagami_Hiiragi said:
ilok said:

In terms of being an animated program, no way is this a 2/10. That's saying this is as bad as Titantic: The legend goes on which is known as a god awful work of animation. Not many anime hit that level and Ushina is hardly in the same ballpark. I gave it a 8, but I can understand people seeing it as a 4 or 5, but 2? Lol, funny stuff.

Most people know that there are two sides to every issue: their side, and the wrong side.
Dec 29, 2014 3:36 AM

Aug 2014
Because a good show doesn't only come from one factor. Their art, dialogue, animation, accuracy, story, and any other deciding factors each plays a part on how good a show is.

Jonesy974 said:

This

Oh and a show is not overrated if it's popular.

@Takuan_Soho I just don't know what to say to you. You made me laugh by saying "anyone that doesn't like this anime is stupid" while you can't even comprehend such simple matter like the date.
And about the tie you complaint about, people saw it as a mistake because it changed color after the transition/after the cut NOT before. It's called bad cinematography.
fubuki211Dec 29, 2014 3:40 PM
Dec 30, 2014 12:01 AM

Aug 2013
I wanted to write something to you (up),
But when I seen your rating, I resigned. If it not troll account, than I really don't have a words to describe tour taste.
Dub = fake crap. Always.
Dec 30, 2014 12:07 AM

Apr 2014
who cares

i legit have a 10/10 on my list while mal rated it as a 6
Dec 30, 2014 8:01 AM

Aug 2014
rsc-pl said:
I wanted to write something to you (up),
But when I seen your rating, I resigned. If it not troll account, than I really don't have a words to describe tour taste.

I don't know how your taste is (You gave this show a 9 and yet you gave NGNL a 1, so I think you too are the troll here), but a 12 episode show that left a cliffhanger at episode 1 and doesn't proceeds until episode 8 doesn't deserves a good score.
And not only that, they made episode 2-7 unnecessary. I'm not saying the story is bad or anything, in fact I really loved it, but I really hate how poorly executed it was

Oh and I only give 1(hated it) or 10(loved it) to raise the overall ratings. If I give it another score than those 2, then I think the show deserves the overall score/ I just don't care about it. Unless I'm writing a review, I only give a score based on my personal enjoyment.
fubuki211Dec 30, 2014 9:16 AM
Dec 30, 2014 11:26 PM
Aug 2014
My biggest problem with it is that it felt like a cheap knockoff of Steins;Gate. I probably would have given it a higher score if I hadn't already seen it though.

My other problem with it was that the slow, slice of life episodes took up too much of it's airtime. Were it a 22-24 episode anime I could see it working better, but IMO the writers should have focused more on the characters' cyclical, futile attempts to save Kaori, rather than the slice of life that led up to the initial incident.
Behold! The way is clear! We're free! I, the mad scientist, Hououin Kyouma, have triumphed under a twofold assault, from SERN and the Organization, by twisting the very fundamentals of time and space! The world as we know it has been put to rights, and a future of chaos awaits us. This, my friends, is the choice of Steins;Gate!
Jan 3, 2015 7:18 PM

Aug 2010
Why is it in time loop stories only the main reason for going back in time is the only thing that cannot (or is very hard to) change? I mean Yui did all of these different things in each timeline EXCEPT for saving Kaori. Either nothing can change (one set timeline) or anything can change (diverging timelines). In other words it is stupid for Yui to be able to do different things that impact the world/timeline yet only Kaori HAS TO DIE (coma) even by mystical means if necessary each time. Lock her in a room? Oh she has an aneurism. The fate and impact of other people don't matter. That bus driver, the car driver, or nobody going to jail for running over a girl in the street...nope nobody cares about those changes so they are okay to happen...BS.

It ruins the whole story imo because the characters have to act stupid just so the same event can happen over and over which shouldn't even be necessary.
Jan 4, 2015 7:47 PM

May 2009
Are you out of you mind with this comparison to Glasslip?
I get it. Glasslip was watched by much more people then usual bad anime.
Both are bad but Ushinawareta at least has story and goes somewhere normally.
In Glasshit story is NOTHING and it goes nowhere, supernatural plot was completely pointless, fucking alternate universe episode for nothing and ending is vague for no reason. Maybe director tried to be deep for last time with it.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Ushinawareta Mirai wo Motomete Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Dec 20, 2014

125 by NoviSun »»
May 21, 10:17 PM

Poll: » Ushinawareta Mirai wo Motomete Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Nov 22, 2014

62 by Archean-Return »»
Feb 20, 12:54 PM

Poll: » Ushinawareta Mirai wo Motomete Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Dec 13, 2014

62 by NoviSun »»
Jul 22, 2023 11:34 PM

Poll: » Ushinawareta Mirai wo Motomete Episode 6 Discussion

Stark700 - Nov 8, 2014

46 by Gringo5959 »»
Sep 26, 2022 3:10 PM

Poll: » Which girl are you pairing Sou with?

sas4ha9 - Oct 4, 2014

14 by White_Alice »»
Apr 22, 2022 9:04 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.