Forum Settings
Forums
New
What did you think of this chapter?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this chapter. If you want to discuss future events, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to read/download this chapter or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Manga Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (4) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »
Oct 18, 2014 5:32 PM

Oct 2013
THIS IS A MANGA ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS ANYTHING BEYOND THIS CHAPTER.
----------------------------------------
Saw a few raw pics, also the entire summary of the chapter is out. Raw should be out soon. This chapter was a great buildup chapter.

Here's the full summary for chapter 2 if anyone is interested.

keragammingOct 18, 2014 11:13 PM
Oct 18, 2014 5:36 PM
Dec 2013
Torso is Arima Amon
UchihaOct 18, 2014 6:55 PM
Oct 18, 2014 6:33 PM

Nov 2011
That kid is 24 years old? LOL.

Anyways, I can't wait to meet this Torso Ghoul either.
Oct 18, 2014 6:49 PM

Nov 2013
Torso has to be either way tsukiyama or amon. I can feel it.

Oct 18, 2014 7:31 PM

May 2013
zeod said:
Torso has to be either way tsukiyama or amon. I can feel it.

I cant see Torso being Amon i mean he isn't crazy enough to behead people and play with their bodies. Though i can see him being Tsukiyama i think CCG just doesn't know he is Gourmet thats why his rank is lower than his former S.
Oct 18, 2014 7:32 PM

Oct 2014
A very good chapter.

The only thing that would make sense is if Haise and Ito were products of being cloned(they inherited Kaneki/Hides personalities). If both Hide and Kaneki survived it would the biggest plothole of 2014.

Torso should be Amon, in his case it would make sense he got turned into a Ghoul, he pretty much died as a human being.

Oct 18, 2014 7:51 PM

Jan 2012
Okay, now I really want chapter 3 already! Is it too much to ask for answers? All we've gotten so far are even more questions.

Is Ishida-sensei trolling us with that cover? I hope not.
"I don’t know what you want out of nationals, but who sets their goals on something anyone can go to? We try because it’s hard. It’s a dream because it takes a lot of work." - Jun Isashiki, Diamond no Ace S2E51.
Oct 18, 2014 7:53 PM

May 2013
LordPerucho said:
A very good chapter.

The only thing that would make sense is if Haise and Ito were products of being cloned(they inherited Kaneki/Hides personalities). If both Hide and Kaneki survived it would the biggest plothole of 2014.

Torso should be Amon, in his case it would make sense he got turned into a Ghoul, he pretty much died as a human being.

No not really if Kaneki survived it would make a lot of sense due to who the author is and about Hide i am not so sure since a lot of people speculate he got eaten though i don't see that happening i feel like Hide and Arima made a deal before hand if you remember you see Hide coming from the sewers V14 and clones really clones if they are clones then it would be stupid and why is ITO a clone as well?
Oct 18, 2014 7:55 PM
Nov 2013
idk why but i got this feeling that Serpent was Yomo.. but i highly doubt it. just that little peek at his face got me feelin the Yomo-vibe.

also why does Hirako look like hes in perpetual shell shock?

Oct 18, 2014 7:57 PM
Oct 2014
The whole idea of clones is stupid to me. It seems like such a cheap way to fit things into a plot, and nothing so far in TG has been cheap.
Oct 18, 2014 7:57 PM

Apr 2014
The RC levels they were talking about seemed really high, and then Haise's turned out to be much greater than those.. Can't wait for more!
Oct 18, 2014 7:59 PM
Oct 2014
Inward said:
The RC levels they were talking about seemed really high, and then Haise's turned out to be much greater than those.. Can't wait for more!

> spoiler

Haise is actually Kaneki, WHO KNEW.
Oct 18, 2014 8:09 PM
Nov 2013
can't say he isn't kaneki now...
notice how he froze up when mutsuki says BON APPETITE
cough cough tsukiyama bitches

Oct 18, 2014 8:21 PM

Sep 2014
Amon is definitely Serpent, not Torso. A badass S ranked ghoul who's hunting other ghouls? Yeah, sounds like an investigator that we all knew and loved.

Overall awesome chapter. I'm loving all the new characters with some old faces mixed in and I think he's doing an awesome job of getting the story moving again post time skip. So last week if we were at 90% certainty that Sasaki = Kaneki, now we are at 99%. Can't wait for him to start gaining some memories back.

Tokyo Ghoul was definitely a tragedy, stated by Ishida himself which is why our hero had the end that he did. A lot of us speculated that :re might be an "epic" of sorts. If that's the case I think Sasaki/Kaneki is being set up as a hero of sorts with Amon as an anti-hero/tragic hero. Shit's gonna get interesting one way or another.
CNTRI715Oct 18, 2014 8:25 PM
Oct 18, 2014 8:26 PM
Oct 2014
CNTRI715 said:
Amon is definitely Serpent, not Torso. A badass S ranked ghoul who's hunting other ghouls? Yeah, sounds like an investigator that we all knew and loved.

Yeah Amon seems to be more in line with what the serpent is doing, he doesn't seem the type to go bat shit like Torso is at the moment.

I have a strong feeling that Tsukiyama is Torso but at the same time he couldn't be so we'll have to see.

^ also good find on the bon appetite and Haise's reaction.
Oct 18, 2014 8:29 PM
Oct 2012
This Kuramoto has appeared before, he appeared during the battle against the Owl, more precisely it is part of the team that fights Irimi then may dismiss this idea Hide clone.
http://bato.to/read/_/271406/tokyo-ghoul_ch142_by_anonymous/2
Oct 18, 2014 8:32 PM

Sep 2014
R3d_Panda said:
CNTRI715 said:

Yeah Amon seems to be more in line with what the serpent is doing, he doesn't seem the type to go bat shit like Torso is at the moment.

I have a strong feeling that Tsukiyama is Torso but at the same time he couldn't be so we'll have to see.

^ also good find on the bon appetite and Haise's reaction.

Torso is definitely being set up as the villain for this opening arc. I agree he might in fact be Tsukiyama, mainly going off the picture of Torso at the end of chapter 1. If he is things are going to get really interesting. I'm sure Sasaki and the Quinckes will encounter him by the end of the arc, and if it's Tsukiyama what happens when he recognizes Sasaki/Kaneki? Or at the very least recognizes that "magnifique" scent he loves so much, lol. Confusion and denial from Sasaki? Memories of Tsukiyama coming back?

The whole bon appetit panel definitely seems to be pointing to this.
Oct 18, 2014 8:50 PM

Aug 2012
That was an awesome chapter, my favorite part was when they showed Haise's RC cells in comparison to the quinckes. The part with Kuramoto and Haise talking could be foreshadowing or something, that guy seems way to nice to Kaneki while everyone else hates him.
Oct 18, 2014 9:22 PM

Sep 2010
More signs of Haise being Kaneki.
I want to see that reveal so bad.

CNTRI715 said:

Really liking that somehow Amon is Serpent. Really curious how he would have coped with becoming a ghoul.
Oct 18, 2014 9:27 PM
Oct 2014
Spag said:
More signs of Haise being Kaneki.
I want to see that reveal so bad.

CNTRI715 said:

Really liking that somehow Amon is Serpent. Really curious how he would have coped with becoming a ghoul.

Amon finally gets to understand Kaneki after being a typical CCG asshole.

And yeah I think everyone is keen to see Kaneki back, I think Ishida took the liberty of making "haise" so that Kaneki is actively finding out more while being in CCG as he regains his memories.
Oct 18, 2014 9:55 PM

Jul 2013
I can tell this series is going to be really good.

Ishida keeps trolling us with signs that Haise might be Kaneki. And now with the theories of Amon and Tsukiyama floating around, it really makes me want to know more.
Oct 18, 2014 10:07 PM

Oct 2014
dammit Ishida, why must you RIP and TEAR the hearts of TG/Kaneki fans! first you (supposedly) kill the main character, hint at a sequel for an entire month! then give us a new main character called Haise Sasaki to which you are just drowning us with hints that he is a brainwashed Kaneki!!!! this is tearing me apart!

8/10 chapter
-Good: more Kaneki hints (RC Level:2743, Bon Appetit-STARE!)
-Good: Akira, still hot and feisty as ever
-Good: set up for the introduction of the new arc
-Good: interesting new villains
-Bad: slow plot progression (not surprising since it's a 20 page weekly manga)
-Bad: no anteiku group (Touka, Nishiki, Hinami... AYATO!), I really wanted to see the new character designs though, oh well I must be patient if I want answers
-Bad: more Kaneki hints ( damn you Ishida for ripping my soul apart)
Oct 18, 2014 10:24 PM

Jul 2013
Damnit these chapters are too short. There's like a 85% chance that Seprent is Amon, the vibe is too strong.

And more proof that Haise = Kaneki yaaayyy
I mean crazy RC levels, can't eat normal food, reluctant to harm ghouls more than necessary AND THE OBSESSION WITH BOOKS

_sweetjp said:
can't say he isn't kaneki now...
notice how he froze up when mutsuki says BON APPETITE
cough cough tsukiyama bitches

^^^ and freaking this...now I only need him cracking his knuckles and that'll be the seal on it.
Oct 18, 2014 10:36 PM
Dec 2013
Even if it is Kaneki, they made him look um... Lets just say i like his other design better. Looks like a pussy in this manga. He can try look badass as possible but that face won't do good.

lel
Oct 18, 2014 10:49 PM

Jul 2013
I really like how Serpent could be Amon, but we'll soon see more of him, I'm sure of it. I don't think Tsukiyama could be Torso though. He's way too refined for that, even if he's gone crazy.

More hints that Sasaki = Kaneki. I like it. But I also like Sasaki the way he is, I get the feeling he could be really badass once he sets his mind to it. I also wouldn't mind if it turns out he isn't Kaneki after all, and Ishida has just been trolling us. YA HEAR THAT, ICHIDA? NO MATTER WHAT HAPPENS, YOU WON'T BE ABLE TO BREAK MY HEART INTO A THOUSAND PIECES LIKE YOU DID A MONTH AGO. BRING IT.

Also, there's something weird about Kuramoto. Especially because he already appeared in TG, and now he's back, being all friendly to Sasaki...
nedratjeOct 18, 2014 11:00 PM
Oct 18, 2014 11:11 PM

Oct 2013
Is Mutsuki a girl or a boy?
Oct 18, 2014 11:26 PM

Aug 2010
Nice chap. I wonder what that cover was showing? Was it how Ken looks like now? He's not Haise?

Why u so troll Ishida?!!

Loved the RC info and the Mado punch XD

I'm totally for the Serpent = Amon theory.
Oct 18, 2014 11:37 PM

Feb 2011
NOW ISHIDA GIVES US A KID THAT LOOKS EXACTLY LIKE HIDE.
WHAT NEXT MAN ?
Oct 19, 2014 12:26 AM
Content Admin
Overkilled Red

Aug 2013
More hints on Sasaki being Kaneki. Damnit! I bet it'll be just another troll. >.<

That Mado Punch was great! Poor Sasaki.. Well, he kinda did deserve it.

Serpent is taking down other ghouls while searching for Torso? Definitely sounds like something Amon would be up for.

Damn.. Urie's got quite the attitude! He should chill down a bit.

> "The eternal camera girl 'Chie Hori' appears!"
I bet she'll turn out to be a ghoul, just like how Eto played her author side as Sen Takatsuki. But we'll see.

Oct 19, 2014 12:30 AM

Dec 2012
Another great chapter~ I just know this series is gonna be amazing
+We got EVEN more hints that Haise = Kaneki. But poor Haise, that Mado Punch....
lol damn Chie is 24!?
I also agree that Serpent = Amon
Oct 19, 2014 1:02 AM

Jul 2014
HIPSTERMOONCAT said:
When are we gonna get closure on that Black Rabbit?

What kind of closure would you want on the black rabbit? They fucking showed who the black rabbit is. Why did you choose "black rabbit"? It's not like it is anything so very important.
ScazoN said:
Even if it is Kaneki, they made him look um... Lets just say i like his other design better. Looks like a pussy in this manga. He can try look badass as possible but that face won't do good.

I agree.
ArcanixOct 19, 2014 1:08 AM
Oct 19, 2014 1:21 AM
Oct 2014
keragamming said:
Is Mutsuki a girl or a boy?

Is a guy, actually quite similar to young Kaneki, very shy.

Also about the cover. I actually think it's Kaneki not long after the fight with Arima. His hair is still quite white and he has a bandage over his eye so I'm assuming it's somwhere between the end of TG and the start of TG:re.
Oct 19, 2014 1:22 AM

Dec 2013
This was an ok chapter. Im still definitely looking forward to meeting Torso and Serpant.
Oct 19, 2014 1:27 AM

Jun 2011
Serpent could be Amon as many people here said. Just look at the shape of his face, it resembles Amon a lot.

Oct 19, 2014 1:31 AM

Jul 2014
I thought Urie was kind of cool, but no, he's just a prick, i think he needs the Ayato treatment.
Oct 19, 2014 1:49 AM
Dec 2013
Arcanix said:
HIPSTERMOONCAT said:
When are we gonna get closure on that Black Rabbit?

What kind of closure would you want on the black rabbit? They fucking showed who the black rabbit is. Why did you choose "black rabbit"? It's not like it is anything so very important.
ScazoN said:

I agree.
look, another edgy tokyo fan! XDDDD

kaneki looks like a pussy, can't help it
Oct 19, 2014 2:02 AM

Jul 2014
ScazoN said:

Funny coming from you.Oh and why do you feel the need to repeat what you said? The bait is weak anyway, i just choose to take it.
Now go ahead and drown in your own stupidity.

I just realized who i am talking with... you have Sakura(the worst character ever made) as a favorite character. Anyway, you are probably a special child and i'm acting like an asshole. I'm sorry.
ArcanixOct 19, 2014 2:28 AM
Oct 19, 2014 2:22 AM

Nov 2012
ishida is like the tsundere and you guys are the dense harem main character
the tsundere try to express his feelings as much as possible to you but you dont understand shit
i mean....
sasaki is kaneki, btich!
IF YOU LIKE DEATH PARADE, GO WATCH BARTENDER!!!
my animesongs chord thread : here bro
Oct 19, 2014 2:38 AM

Nov 2013
Will the chapters be published once a week or a month? I can't wait already xd Btw great chapter, i really hope Haise is Kaneki, they look identical ^^
Oct 19, 2014 2:39 AM
Dec 2013
Arcanix said:
ScazoN said:

Funny coming from you.Oh and why do you feel the need to repeat what you said? The bait is weak anyway, i just choose to take it.
Now go ahead and drown in your own stupidity.

I just realized who i am talking with... you have Sakura(the worst character ever made) as a favorite character. Anyway, you are probably a special child and i'm acting like an asshole. I'm sorry.
So mad, edgeboy.

I thought i was talking with Part 1 Kaneki for a second, damn son.
Oct 19, 2014 2:45 AM

Jul 2014
Uminari said:
Will the chapters be published once a week or a month? I can't wait already xd Btw great chapter, i really hope Haise is Kaneki, they look identical ^^

The chapters come weekly. Have more confidence... of course Haise is Kaneki :P.
Oct 19, 2014 2:51 AM

Apr 2014
So the quinckes can eat normal food if their RC level remains lower than ghouls and it can increase if they use their kagune excessively. Not sure if I read that part right. When I read the part about serpent hunting ghouls I couldn't help but think of the possibility that it could be Amon. That was until I saw this pic though

If you closely the chin looks different so it could be someone else.

Urie seems like an arrogant prick. I hope he gets a good beating by shirazu in the future. And lol I never expected Chie to be 24.
Oct 19, 2014 3:06 AM
Dec 2010
Z4k said:
So the quinckes can eat normal food if their RC level remains lower than ghouls and it can increase if they use their kagune excessively. Not sure if I read that part right.

about that part.. that wont make sense.. as kaneki have a low RC count on the last tokyo ghoul.. remember him being dragged by mado on the Sensor thing and it didnt alarm..
And he couldnt even eat normal food..

and on this tokyo ghoul re, and chapter 2.. his RC count is 2.7k
Oct 19, 2014 3:10 AM

Jul 2014
forzsaken said:
Z4k said:
So the quinckes can eat normal food if their RC level remains lower than ghouls and it can increase if they use their kagune excessively. Not sure if I read that part right.

about that part.. that wont make sense.. as kaneki have a low RC count on the last tokyo ghoul.. remember him being dragged by mado on the Sensor thing and it didnt alarm..

Actually we don't know if he had a lower RC count. He was like the first guy to be made a ghoul through that experiment. They probably improved the process so now they can make half ghouls who can eat normal food as long as their Rc level doesn't grow.
Oct 19, 2014 3:20 AM

Apr 2014
forzsaken said:
Z4k said:

That could be because he's not a quincke. After reading these 2 chapter I believe these quinckes are completely different than ghouls and the hybrid ones. The reason behind this is because in part 1 it was never mentioned if its possible to lower ones RC level however these quinckes seem to have those capabilities.
Oct 19, 2014 4:47 AM

Mar 2013
After reading that chapter, cant think of any other possibility ... Sasaki = kaneki (not enough place for books, his reaction when he hears "bon appetite" )
Really wonder who that Torso guy is...

And we have a new character here who looks like kid but 24 years old?!
Oct 19, 2014 4:54 AM

Mar 2014
Ishida is giving way too many hints that Sasaki=Kaneki. It is too obvious (especially with the bon appetite scene in this chapter)
Oct 19, 2014 4:59 AM

Jul 2014
danae17 said:
Ishida is giving way too many hints that Sasaki=Kaneki. It is too obvious (especially with the bon appetite scene in this chapter)

You are talking like he should conceal the fact that Kaneki is Sasaki. Why would he hide that, it's obvious that they are the same person. How does that make it too obvious? Why it should make it not so obvious?
Oct 19, 2014 5:14 AM

May 2013
If Amon is either Torso/Serpent, that would make sense that he became a ghoul while Kaneki has the opposite, I guess.

But the heck, is Kaneki the one in the 2nd Page?! Ishida-sensei never fails to troll. Chie is too young to be a 24-year old huehue.
The world shall know the truth soon.
Oct 19, 2014 5:37 AM

Feb 2014
If Amon is serpent, what would happen if he and Mado met each other again? Because she thinks he's dead, and he's a ghoul now and Mado's a ghoul inspector..
Pages (4) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Tokyo Ghoul:re Chapter 159 Discussion

Stark700 - Feb 5, 2018

43 by Naroomaki »»
12 hours ago

Poll: » Tokyo Ghoul:re Chapter 158 Discussion

Stark700 - Jan 29, 2018

43 by Naroomaki »»
12 hours ago

Poll: » Tokyo Ghoul:re Chapter 157 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Jan 22, 2018

72 by Naroomaki »»
12 hours ago

Poll: » Tokyo Ghoul:re Chapter 150 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Pleinair - Nov 20, 2017

63 by Naroomaki »»
Jun 8, 1:28 PM

Poll: » Tokyo Ghoul:re Chapter 149 Discussion ( 1 2 )

CrimsonMidnight - Nov 13, 2017

58 by Naroomaki »»
Jun 8, 1:14 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.