Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
A Certain Magical Index (light novel)
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (4) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »
Oct 25, 2008 11:32 AM

Jul 2008
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
SUBS are out! Kaori's BATTLE IS AMAZING! Really GOOD and Better than the Manga! Oh man poor Kamijou! Kaori beats the crap out of him! THANKS TO HIS MOUTH and WISE words!

*Mod edit*
aeroNov 17, 2008 3:19 PM
Oops! I appear to be incapable of following Rules 16 and 17, so I had to have a mod change my sig for me.
Oct 25, 2008 11:33 AM
Jul 2018
Wouldn't have thought the story will go such a way. Before I thought this will be more of a boring standard one, even when it isn't too innovative now.

I still don't get why those 2 magicians want to reset Index's memory, there should be a greater reason behind this.
Oct 26, 2008 2:11 PM

Feb 2008
Touma, why so serious?

Suddenly this show is very serious, those two magicians are after Index to erase her memories but they have no reason for it that makes sense. Touma makes a passionate speech about helping Index instead of hunting her and it's all very serious. Not what I expected but I'll bite.
Oct 26, 2008 2:11 PM

Jul 2008
HoaRy said:
Wouldn't have thought the story will go such a way. Before I thought this will be more of a boring standard one, even when it isn't too innovative now.

I still don't get why those 2 magicians want to reset Index's memory, there should be a greater reason behind this.

Probably is too. Good episode, story seems to be shaping up. Actually, I should say the real story is starting up. Can't wait for next week :D
BakayaroOct 26, 2008 2:23 PM

"I'd suck you~" Berri||Desu Ne?
Oct 26, 2008 3:11 PM

Jun 2008
A great episode. Story is becoming more serious, and the plot is beginning to show up more. Animation was top notch as always. Index tipping that rice was pretty funny. Can't wait for next episode.
Oct 26, 2008 3:20 PM

Mar 2008
Nice episode. It's clearly a surprise to see Index is being chased by her (supposed) friends. A weird way of doing things. I expected more action, but Touma was cool anyway.
Oct 26, 2008 3:25 PM

Dec 2007
HoaRy said:

if they dont reset her memory then she is gonna die or something similiar. the order doesnt want this cus then the grimories are lost perhaps? or they are just doing it cus index is gonna end up as a machine if they dont reset her, and are doing this as her friends.

Oct 26, 2008 3:35 PM

Jul 2007
Superb episode. Love everything about this anime so far, hate the waiting time though! Can't wait for next ep, once again *cough*
Oct 26, 2008 3:38 PM

Feb 2008
Interesting episode.
Kaori is hawt. I can't wait for the next episode
Oct 26, 2008 4:54 PM
Anime DB Admin
BACK FOR MORE?

Jan 2007
Good episode, didn't get my weekly fix of Index though. But I'm glad we're able to see through the story a bit more clearly now, looking forward to what's next.

staff.applications  
guidelines.faq 

report.abuse  

thx.skittles  
thx.kina 

[H+] ³  
Oct 26, 2008 6:07 PM

Feb 2008
Yeah, realy good show, the eps seems realy short. :)
Oct 26, 2008 6:32 PM

Jan 2007
Spent too much time on Touma and Kaori. His whole speech was a bit much for me. I really didn't like this part in the manga so i wasn't expecting much out of this.
Oct 26, 2008 6:44 PM

Jun 2007
Touma's speeches keep reminding me of Shirou for some reason.... oh well
i liked this episode, less action than what i expected, and more talking than what i expected, but it was still a nice episode.
i like the way the story is going, hopefully, we will get to see more of it sometime soon.
Kaori could have been such a cute character... anyways, i like her character design
hmm... so, what i get right now is that necessarius needs to erase index' memories because if they don't, she will die since her whole brain capacity will be used, and she won't be able to keep on remembering things and using her brain because of her perfect memorization? seems alright to me.
Touma's speech wasn't all that bad either, at least he's got some kind of resolve.
but the fact that we also got good character development on a newly introduced character is good. this anime will be a 2 cour, so it is good to build things up.
i am guessing the story will grow better and better as the episodes go by, hopefully.
the index dose was not too much, but she was still cute.
interesting to see Stiyl and Kanzaki appear so formally xD
next episode should be really interesting, seeing how Touma is going to save index.
Oct 26, 2008 7:14 PM

Apr 2008
Kaori's cool.
Oct 26, 2008 7:25 PM

Jul 2008
Index use 85% of her memories for the book, why not reset her memories of the book if they are so dangerous.

Oct 26, 2008 7:30 PM

Dec 2007
maxime1007 said:
Index use 85% of her memories for the book, why not reset her memories of the book if they are so dangerous.

are you mad? that would result in a loss of all those books, wich the mages would never agree to.
Oct 26, 2008 7:33 PM

Feb 2008
lol isnt that story a bit too convinient? it feels like there is more to it than that.

well i can see how story all that information in your brain would cuase trouble. the story was kind of too much talkie though. they put out a lot of information all at one time. so i hope the rest of the show will focus on the action
Oct 26, 2008 7:48 PM

Dec 2007
the thing i dont get in this show is why the hell the mage order would care about Index feelings or anything. what is the problem with making her a robot that can read up any page of the books.. i dont get it.
Oct 26, 2008 8:26 PM

Dec 2007
kaori kaori KAORIII....XD.....wonna see more kaori!! :D....hmm index has probably little brain only 103,000 grimoares are 85% of her memory? pff :D......the rice scene was nice :D....
[center]If you aren't troubling the rest of the world, then there's no harm in being abnormal.
Oct 26, 2008 8:40 PM

May 2007
Kaori is hot. Seriously. Did you get a look at her shirt? Really tight. And I could of sworn I saw a very distinctive drawing of her breasts through her shirt. She was the only thing I was staring at for the first half of the episode.

Speaking of this particular episode, oh man, it was really frustrating. So much talking and random, useless shocked expressions about things. I felt the conversation between Touma and Kaori was about the same exact thing and could have been done in half the allotted time. Though we found out about a few interesting details, I feel like the overall plot really didn't progress that much and we've been stuck in the same place for the past few episodes: Touma trying to protect Index from Kaori and Styil.

Will look forward to the next and see if Index keeps her memory of Touma or not (I don't watch the previews for the next episodes).
Oct 26, 2008 9:24 PM

Dec 2007
the episode was good. definitely looking forward to the next episode. btw Kaori is so damn hot
Oct 26, 2008 10:23 PM

Sep 2007
That was fucking awesome

Oct 26, 2008 10:50 PM

Nov 2006
vindemon64 said:
Kaori is hot. Seriously. Did you get a look at her shirt? Really tight. And I could of sworn I saw a very distinctive drawing of her breasts through her shirt. She was the only thing I was staring at for the first half of the episode.
Yeah she's extremely hot, so hot it shows through her really horrible fashion sense. Still waiting for a "de arimasu". My realization at the beginning of the ep nearly put me in tears I was laughing so hard. Can't really take her seriously anymore.

To whoever on the first page mentioned Shirou, I got that vibe too.
Still a good ep though.
Oct 26, 2008 10:50 PM

Jul 2008
Wow, everyone's staring at the top part of kaori for this ep .. haha.
Website http://akariREMOVED.co.cc/sig/sig.php is reporting as Malware.
Oct 26, 2008 11:07 PM
Lead Admin
Faerie Queen

Aug 2007
Faust721 said:
Spent too much time on Touma and Kaori. His whole speech was a bit much for me.
vindemon64 said:
Speaking of this particular episode, oh man, it was really frustrating. So much talking and random, useless shocked expressions about things. I felt the conversation between Touma and Kaori was about the same exact thing and could have been done in half the allotted time. Though we found out about a few interesting details, I feel like the overall plot really didn't progress that much and we've been stuck in the same place for the past few episodes: Touma trying to protect Index from Kaori and Styil.

After a while there, I was saying "Okay, come on, get to the point and move on"... and by the time they did, there was only 5 minutes left in the episode to do anything else.

Definitely the lowest of the four episodes. I think they could have condensed that speech, and done a better job of it, but that's my opinion. Still enjoying the story though, and looking forward to more. Just please, no episodes like this again.
Oct 27, 2008 1:28 AM

Jun 2007
I agree, that speech was waaaaay to long. It felt like a waste of an episode.

In any case I'm thinking the whole death thing is an exaggeration. I think theres something specific in Index that the church wants. Thats why they refuse to let her current memories overflow into her book memory's.
Oct 27, 2008 1:54 AM
Oct 2008
Good episode it really was the action sequences in this anime are breathtaking great animation, but when its not about fighting the interaction between him and index is kind of dull and slow but overall it doesnt take away from a great series
Oct 27, 2008 2:26 AM

Mar 2008
Kick-ass graphics as usual XD

Awesome episode. Love Touma and his nakama talk

and love Kaori too XD
Oct 27, 2008 3:18 AM

Aug 2008
Pretty good ep, mind blowing visuals, but I expected a bit more out of this one. Too much talking, not enough EPIC fighting!

Man, she's hot..
Oct 27, 2008 6:08 AM

Jul 2008
Kineta said:
Faust721 said:
Spent too much time on Touma and Kaori. His whole speech was a bit much for me.
vindemon64 said:

After a while there, I was saying "Okay, come on, get to the point and move on"... and by the time they did, there was only 5 minutes left in the episode to do anything else.

Definitely the lowest of the four episodes. I think they could have condensed that speech, and done a better job of it, but that's my opinion. Still enjoying the story though, and looking forward to more. Just please, no episodes like this again.

The reason for that is this is a important part in the manga. I AM HAPPY that they emphasized and put so much more emotions and detail in it! At this part in the manga it did not do as much of a emtional reaction as it did in this episode! This being said........

THEY DID GREAT IN THE DETAILS, specifically the body of Kaori! GLAD YOU ALL IMPRESSED WITH THAT! Indeed they go Kaori the beauty she deserved! In the manga at this point she was rather done good BUT THE ANIME EXCEEDED THAT FOR ME!

JUST WANTED TO ADD THAT OP IS IN! http://www.tokyotosho.com/details.php?id=166994

brazan90 said:
HoaRy said:

if they dont reset her memory then she is gonna die or something similiar. the order doesnt want this cus then the grimories are lost perhaps? or they are just doing it cus index is gonna end up as a machine if they dont reset her, and are doing this as her friends.

Just to be precise the fact is that if they do not do the erasure of the 15% then there might be accumulation of blood that leads to a head explosion. Basically due to the strain in the brain it can have a overload on the veins that deliver the blood and thus may cloag them.

This is not mentioned in the anime......only manga and at best is to be supposed so I though I would mention it. Logically it makes sense but whether it is the truth....it is not sure. Remember that cabal associations constantly lie in order to protect its secrets. I KNOW I AM PART OF SUCH! There is DEFINITELY that Necessarius is hiding.

angel999Oct 27, 2008 6:47 AM
Oops! I appear to be incapable of following Rules 16 and 17, so I had to have a mod change my sig for me.
Oct 27, 2008 6:26 AM

Feb 2008
This was a good episode. Had no idea those two were friends with Index.
Oct 27, 2008 6:27 AM

Aug 2008
angel999 said:
JUST WANTED TO ADD THAT OP IS IN! http://www.tokyotosho.com/details.php?id=166994

OMG! I can't possibly thank you enough! I wanted this sooo bad
Oct 27, 2008 6:48 AM

Jul 2008
Kvakond said:
angel999 said:

OMG! I can't possibly thank you enough! I wanted this sooo bad

IN MY RELIGION it important that I please MANY FOR MY MASTER! NO MATTER HOW MANY TIMES PEOPLE SPIT AT ME MY SMILE WILL BE ON! I will always express myself BUT WILL make people HAPPY NO MATTER WHAT!

IF THERE IS ANYTHING ELSE GLAD TO HELP!
Oct 27, 2008 7:41 AM

Jan 2008
This episode was a lot slower than I remember in the manga. It's still good though.
I reject your reality, and substitute my own.
Oct 27, 2008 9:41 AM

Aug 2008
This... episode... was... kinda... *yawn* boring. Nothing else.
Ii tenki desu ne...
Oct 27, 2008 10:01 AM

Aug 2008
This episode was considerably less epic than the last three; maybe because I just finished the latest Kurozuka ep. I felt the dialogue between the two 'fighters' was pretty forced. And when Touma woke up and found Index next to him, I felt he should have at least yelled "WTF where were you all this time?!" ;)

As to Touma making speeches like Shirou, yeah they are kinda the same there. At least Touma isn't all talk, and his speeches don't make him sound like your typical moralfag: they actually make sense.
脱ぎません!_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ .

Oct 27, 2008 11:00 AM

Dec 2007
angel999 said:

:O I was looking for this one. Found out that the single wasn't released until later on this week. Kawada Mami !!
Anyways.. the episode was quite nice. The plot is getting thicker and much more complicating now we know more of Index's background and the meaning of her being chased by.
Oct 27, 2008 1:15 PM

Mar 2008
I am not really sure if I buy the story behind all this and that they are actually some kind of grey shaded good guys. Though I don't hate those 2 magicians.

Nice episode, but it was too short due to the time spend on fighting and talking. But it was intense so I don't really complain.
Oct 27, 2008 1:37 PM

Jun 2008
Touma got his ass kicked - realistic. Man, that Kanzaki is really something XD

Is Touma going to get stronger or what ?
Oct 27, 2008 2:18 PM

Dec 2007
watched episode 4 just now and it was great, i love how they animated the fight!
the anime is fallowing the manga so far, hope it stays like that! xD
ill rate this episode a 5/5!
Oct 27, 2008 2:28 PM
Oct 2008
Omg, Kaori is so damn hot and powerful. Touma simply got owned by that uber sword.
Ah, the next episode should be even better, can't wait for it :D
Oct 27, 2008 2:54 PM

Oct 2007
I'm sorry, but Kaori is so totally EPIC!!!!! <3333 I didn't like the look of her at first, but I totally adore her now. Hauu~ Kaori-chan >w<
Oct 27, 2008 4:02 PM

Jun 2008
Kaori is <3

this show just gets better and better, cant wait for the next one
Oct 27, 2008 4:24 PM

May 2008
I'm with Touma, something is amiss about their explanation. Even as emotional as it was.

Old avatar and sig retired for now.
Oct 27, 2008 5:45 PM

Jan 2008
ukonkivi said:
I'm with Touma, something is amiss about their explanation. Even as emotional as it was.
Ya, it's still not right what they are doing, even if it IS for Index's own good.

Awesome effects from Kaori's sword move.
Oct 27, 2008 5:59 PM

Sep 2007
Yeah, I agree with some others. The episode was a bit slow. Some good information about Index though and I got Shirou vibes too from his whole speech. Not the best part of the episode. Looking forward to the next though.
Oct 27, 2008 7:15 PM
Observer

Nov 2007
meh...that was very annoying episode because Touma was acting very annoyingly... (I hate people who try to be on moral high ground when they are as weak as they can get and can't do a single decent thing...the pure definition of 'uncool')
bla bla bla
The endless debate between fans and haters. At one point, after spending a lot of time on MAL, you just realize it's totally pointless.
Niko-kun said:
On MAL, everyone who has used the lame rating system becomes a critic and an intellectual by default, haven't you heard?
Oct 27, 2008 8:34 PM
Dec 2007
aero said:
ukonkivi said:
Ya, it's still not right what they are doing, even if it IS for Index's own good.

Awesome effects from Kaori's sword move.
Agreed, though he took a very Shirou-like way of approaching the subject. The "let's take the moral high ground even though I'm getting my butt handed to me" approach always got on my nerves, although at least he literally had no way of truly fighting back, unlike Shirou which just refused to let Saber fight like she was supposed to.

I'm guessing our hero will find some way of improving his power in some form, or using them in more creative ways, otherwise his one-trick pony is gonna get old real quick, no matter how cool it was.

Oct 27, 2008 9:22 PM
Mar 2008
All that stuff revealed isn't all that mind blowing, but still really interested at how it will progress. The whole 15 min. talking battle about something I could just sit and chat about was a bit too much. Sad for Index tho.
Oct 27, 2008 11:11 PM

Oct 2008
i was expecting a lot more fighting but still a great episode
i knew touma was gonna act like that and get beat w/e
kaori ftw! <3

the preview doesnt give much detail into the next episode
so im gonna wonder what is gonna happen to index...
ahh cant wait
Pages (4) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » To Aru Majutsu no Index Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

angel999 - Oct 18, 2008

160 by ejleon »»
Yesterday, 10:02 AM

Poll: » To Aru Majutsu no Index Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

angel999 - Oct 11, 2008

205 by ejleon »»
Yesterday, 9:32 AM

Poll: » To Aru Majutsu no Index Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Davison - Oct 4, 2008

231 by ejleon »»
Yesterday, 7:46 AM

Poll: » To Aru Majutsu no Index Episode 6 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

angel999 - Nov 8, 2008

201 by Entity72 »»
Jun 9, 10:52 PM

» Worth getting into?

Soviet_Yunyun93 - Nov 8, 2022

33 by DandereDraco »»
Jun 8, 7:30 PM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.