Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »
Aug 7, 2023 5:58 AM

Nov 2011
Ha, this show/episode really wants Max and Maou to bond more with their latest trip. Hot springs and table tennis...lol, typical anime tropes. Max's diguise this episode looked silly. 

On the more slightly serious side, there's also some drama between the Kingdom and Republic. We really can't have an episode in this show without drama these days.
Aug 7, 2023 7:23 AM

Mar 2021
It was sweet seeing Max Protect Maou so that they could teleport home and things aren't going well between both countries hope it doesn't turn to all out war
Aug 7, 2023 7:41 AM
Sep 2021
Leo finally met max and leo is still strong as before but same applies to max. And looks like between the demon lord and the hero looks like something is blooming but not 100% sure about that.
Aug 7, 2023 7:53 AM

Jul 2023
Man, this honeymoon episode felt too short, I need more episode of Max and Maou just flirting around. Despite the obvious budget constraints, the action animation was quite impressive. Bonus points for the sound design, especially the faltering background music when Leo still couldn't recognize Max – that was great. And the ghost at the end? Just hilarious
Aug 7, 2023 7:54 AM

Nov 2010
It was a good blend of comedy and romance or something. I felt "Urusei Yatsura" vibes.
Aug 7, 2023 8:04 AM
Apr 2023
I loved the "No comment-o" part with a completely straight-man voice 😂

Interesting (and kind achill/funny) episode seeing more of the conflict.
Aug 7, 2023 8:13 AM

May 2013
Really liking this show so far. Feels pretty underrated. 
Aug 7, 2023 8:16 AM

Sep 2018
turtleinshell said:

Agreed, and it is one example why you can`t trust mal scores.
Aug 7, 2023 8:18 AM

Jan 2022
this show is wrong on so many levels, but it is hell of entertaining. bonus points for the ghost in closet talking and cussing lol
Aug 7, 2023 8:28 AM
Jul 2023
Didn’t expect this series to have Boys Love (or shall we say Mans Love).
Aug 7, 2023 8:34 AM

Sep 2018
Mainnus said:

In the manga, the sex of the maou was never mentioned. It could be male, female, or no gender. I consider maou more of a loli tbh.
Aug 7, 2023 10:02 AM

Dec 2016
Zenya didn't even get a single second of air time in this episode. Truly the worst episode in anime history.
Aug 7, 2023 10:24 AM

May 2019
So Leo appears to be more brawn than brains as even without the disguise he couldn't figure out it was Max he was fighting until Maou blurted it out lol. But now that Leo knows that he encountered Max with a demon I'm sure he has questions so I'm thinking he may have his people (or he himself) pay Max a visit soon.

At this point I'm thinking Max may be forced to pick a side but he, with Maou's help, may figure out a diplomatic solution but probably not before more fights/violence.
Aug 7, 2023 10:33 AM

Aug 2017
No fanservice but the fight scenes and animation made it up. That it took Leo so long to finally realise it was Max was pretty funny.
Aug 7, 2023 10:50 AM
Nov 2022
turtleinshell said:

ikr??? 6.9 for this? looking forward for next next next episodes
Aug 7, 2023 10:51 AM
Nov 2022
Mainnus said:

it's not confirmed dude, I checked wiki and they still have no clue about the gender
Aug 7, 2023 11:10 AM

Dec 2021
I've never witnessed such an intense game of ping pong before. Lol.

The moment the petite Demon Lord emerged from the shower in his tiny demon form provided quite the amusing spectacle. Max seemed to have anticipated catching a glimpse of the Demon Waifu, but luck wasn't on his side, it seems.

The individual with the sharpshooter fingers demonstrates notable skill, yet he pales in comparison to Leo and his Tarzan-like agility. Leo's initial failure to recognize Max due to his outrageous disguise adds an element of humor. Those two possess remarkable strength. Despite Max's seemingly unfit appearance, his abilities are still intact.

The ghost's envy of the camaraderie between Max and the Demon Lord adds a humorous touch. I'm intrigued and eager to learn more about her backstory.

Aug 7, 2023 11:14 AM

Dec 2022
Very good episode
Aug 7, 2023 11:46 AM

Nov 2022
Will be a pretty weird convo with the old friends once Max decides to come clean about dating the demon he banished 10 years ago haha
Aug 7, 2023 12:56 PM

Feb 2019
The look of disappointment on Max’s face when he walked into the shower expecting Mali’s JK form only to get loli maou 😂

Another really fun episode. Personally would’ve liked to have seen more episodes in this vacation arc. It’s really cool to see a post fantasy adventure world with modern technology and stuff. Exploring the border between the two countries was nice.

Leo still not recognising Max is pretty hilarious. Only one person alive would be able to hold his own against Leo like that and he still ain’t get it Lmao.

Criminally underrated show.
Aug 7, 2023 1:11 PM

Feb 2018
Don't really get how the magic works in this world, but that Leo is pretty strong.
Aug 7, 2023 1:39 PM
Dec 2021
great episode. separable extensions.
Aug 7, 2023 4:30 PM
Jul 2022
Yay Capybaras! Onsen seen was pretty funny. Ghost girl got hurt and it compelled her to speak...well mutter.

Another funny episode, pretty underrated show 

Also find it funny how they have modern amenities such as cars, multi-story buildings, TV, internet etc, but the kingdom's army has a commander dressed in a WW2 era looking uniform, and the troops are firing 19th century (Magic) cannons and dressed like they came back from a crusade an hour ago. It's like that one unit in a game of CIV you forgot to upgrade.
Oranjebok93Aug 7, 2023 4:42 PM
Aug 7, 2023 6:04 PM
fanservice<3

Mar 2012
not enough Zenia

but why Maou so god damn cute lol?
Aug 7, 2023 7:30 PM

Jun 2021
Ouuuuuuh I like this line

Ofcourse she's my wife (gonna be) and no way I'm giving her to you. I know I'm the hero who killed the demon lord but now I love her. Even if you're my friend you'll face consequences.
That's everything this line means (>_<)
Yandere_@lover
Aug 7, 2023 8:21 PM
Feb 2018
This show really reminds me of the stuff they would play on toonami when I was a kid. It’s familiar but it’s not the same story in the same repackaged fantasy world. I’m having fun!
Aug 7, 2023 8:25 PM
Jan 2021
She's a man She's a man She's a man She's a man She's a man She's a man She's a man She's a man
Aug 8, 2023 1:39 AM

Mar 2008
What the fuck is Leo's skin made of some magical phaser beam didnt ....phase him
Aug 8, 2023 4:38 AM

Jul 2015
Maou is too cute bros...
PLAE MY GAEM BIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIITCH
Neapolitan Nightmares
Aug 8, 2023 6:43 AM
Apr 2023
Dreimeister07 said:
She's a man She's a man She's a man She's a man She's a man She's a man She's a man She's a man
you sure you want this as your first post in MAL ?
Aug 8, 2023 6:45 AM
Apr 2023
ngl, I actually kind of hate this show at episode 1, now I can't wait for next week.

poor ghost, she need her door fixed ASAP
Aug 8, 2023 7:58 AM
Jul 2023
man i hope its have romance genre the spice is so hot i want more
Aug 8, 2023 12:58 PM

Apr 2017
Agreed, said:
rohan121
Really said:
turtleinshell
mal scores can't be trusted because of rating boosters, i mean there is always a bunch of ppl who 1/10 or 10/10, absolutely no critical scoring whatsoever. 
Aug 8, 2023 1:01 PM

Apr 2017
rohan121 said:
Mainnus said:

In the manga, the sex of the maou was never mentioned.  It could be male, female, or no gender.  I consider maou more of a loli tbh. 
HUH? but ep1 showed that "P-... Nether Regions" that Zenia said, was there no such scene in the manga!?
Aug 8, 2023 1:05 PM

Apr 2017
misfit25 said:
Mainnus said:

it's not confirmed dude, I checked wiki and they still have no clue about the gender
Pretty sure the wikia says he's a dude, read this:
Level 1 Demon Lord and One Room Hero Wiki

Also this from chapter 1 implies he he is still male, though it's not direct, anyone can read in-between:

Kirito_onlineAug 8, 2023 1:19 PM
Aug 8, 2023 2:25 PM

Sep 2018
Peak bromance.

This show is so funny, truly a hidden gem.

Quantum ille canis est in fenestra
Aug 8, 2023 7:24 PM

Jun 2016
Kirito_online said:
Also this from chapter 1 implies...

Yes and that's just it, unless they cleared things up in one of the newer chapters "implications" that can be interpreted either way are all we have thus far. Max asked about it back when they were at the mall but Maou gave an inconclusive answer and that's pretty much it.
Aug 9, 2023 2:37 AM

Apr 2017
Noumu said:
Kirito_online said:
Also this from chapter 1 implies...

Yes and that's just it, unless they cleared things up in one of the newer chapters "implications" that can be interpreted either way are all we have thus far. Max asked about it back when they were at the mall but Maou gave an inconclusive answer and that's pretty much it.

Wouldn't you say unless they say he's female now he is automatically still male? If as you say it's hard to say for sure if he's male, then by not saying he's female, his previous gender is most definitely still the same, plus let's not pretend this isn't a DK trope in anime or manga, DKs always comeback same sex and in most cases same body.
Aug 9, 2023 8:50 AM

Oct 2008
The comedy on this episode is really on point! HAHA!
5/5.

Aug 9, 2023 7:18 PM

Jun 2015
Out of all the demon human shows this season, this is defo my fav
To have you, Id give a billion lives A-Chan best girl
Aug 9, 2023 7:21 PM

Jun 2015
borderliner said:
Peak bromance.

I dont get the bromance comment? Am I missing something here
Aug 10, 2023 7:34 AM

Apr 2017
Roch2001 said:
borderliner said:
Peak bromance.

I dont get the bromance comment?  Am I missing something here
the show keeps showing DK in a feminine way while he's basically a dude, like blushing and talking in a cute way or how he's interested in him as a person but nonchalantly showing feelings toward each other (no homo) and that can be described as bromance (still no homo though)
Aug 10, 2023 3:26 PM

Jun 2015
Whos DK? If you mean demon king I think your attempting to put human gender stereotypes on something supernatural which has no gender and can be what it wants to.

Kirito_online said:
Roch2001 said:

I dont get the bromance comment?  Am I missing something here
the show keeps showing DK in a feminine way while he's basically a dude, like blushing and talking in a cute way or how he's interested in him as a person but nonchalantly showing feelings toward each other (no homo) and that can be described as bromance (still no homo though)
Aug 10, 2023 5:09 PM

Jun 2015
and the fact you keep saying 'no homo' is extremely insulting.
Aug 11, 2023 2:32 AM
Jul 2020
Damn, might as well have been the best episode so far.

This anime really deserves more love.

Even the animation wasn’t bad at all.
Aug 11, 2023 6:37 AM

Apr 2017
Roch2001 said:
Whos DK?  If you mean demon king I think your attempting to put human gender stereotypes on something supernatural which has no gender and can be what it wants to.

Kirito_online said:
Demon King is the English translation of the Japanese word Maou and it's not a human gender stereotype whatsoever lmao, it's more of a demon's stereotype than anything else, and i specifically said no homo to specify they have no sexual feelings for each other no more no less, also i said DK because as far the manga and anime is concerned his gender is clearly being sided as male and if he was indeed female but looks like a child, why take a form of a female that looks nothing like him instead of changing into a a female that looks like him but older? the only reason he's dressed up as a girl is because of Zenia which she seems to have a fetish for children's outfits, it's obvious that she's a freak like that from her choice of clothes.
Aug 11, 2023 11:35 AM

Jun 2015
Kirito_online said:
Roch2001 said:
Whos DK?  If you mean demon king I think your attempting to put human gender stereotypes on something supernatural which has no gender and can be what it wants to.

Demon King is the English translation of the Japanese word Maou and it's not a human gender stereotype whatsoever lmao, it's more of a demon's stereotype than anything else, and i specifically said no homo to specify they have no sexual feelings for each other no more no less, also i said DK because as far the manga and anime is concerned his gender is clearly being sided as male and if he was indeed female but looks like a child, why take a form of a female that looks nothing like him instead of changing into a a female that looks like him but older? the only reason he's dressed up as a girl is because of Zenia which she seems to have a fetish for children's outfits, it's obvious that she's a freak like that from her choice of clothes.

Whys everyone losing there mind in the forums then about gender identity? It just dosent feel right and takes away from the comedy aspect of the show. Im liking it, but im starting to lose it watching so many people obsessed with gender identity when its clearly a demon. Grrrr. Annoying. But you response is six stars out of five. I feel calmed
Aug 11, 2023 4:25 PM

Apr 2017
Roch2001 said:
Kirito_online said:

Whys everyone losing there mind in the forums then about gender identity? It just dosent feel right and takes away from the comedy aspect of the show. Im liking it, but im starting to lose it watching so many people obsessed with gender identity when its clearly a demon. Grrrr. Annoying. But you response is six stars out of five. I feel calmed
I'm glad we reached common grounds, I can't stand it when i see some ppl try to input "female" in Maou just because of his attire and demeanour, it's all a pseudo excuse to justify a romance they want that shouldn't even be there, they're pals, rivals even and they're anything but love interest to each other lol.
Aug 13, 2023 6:24 AM
Jun 2023
Its starting to become a bit boring.
Aug 13, 2023 6:25 AM
Jun 2023
Its starting to become a bit boring.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

» (Spoilers)For source readers, what gender is maou ?

IreliaOneTrick - Aug 21, 2023

16 by AnimeJunki3 »»
May 23, 11:22 AM

Poll: » Lv1 Maou to One Room Yuusha Episode 5 Discussion

Stark700 - Jul 31, 2023

49 by RGreatDanton »»
Mar 13, 3:35 AM

Poll: » Lv1 Maou to One Room Yuusha Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Jul 24, 2023

84 by RGreatDanton »»
Mar 13, 3:23 AM

Poll: » Lv1 Maou to One Room Yuusha Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Jul 17, 2023

65 by RGreatDanton »»
Mar 13, 3:02 AM

Poll: » Lv1 Maou to One Room Yuusha Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Jul 10, 2023

67 by RGreatDanton »»
Mar 12, 9:20 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.