Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums

Honzuki no Gekokujou: Shisho ni Naru Tame ni wa Shudan wo Erandeiraremasen 3rd Season Episode 10 Discussion

New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (4) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »
Jun 13, 2022 11:02 AM

Nov 2011
Finally, they managed to get the old annoying guy to the ground and stop his twisted deeds. They also managed to get Dirk back too so he won't be used like a tool anymore. It's a relief since a kid of his age shouldn't ever been involved in something like this.

So proud of what Myne has accomplished through this season and despite the drama, she's able to do the best to help her people and friends. Another good season imo.
Jun 13, 2022 11:03 AM

Jul 2017
Sylvester comes to Main's rescue, yet she didn't realize that she already made a blood pact to be adopted by him when she used the black stone protective charm. But even better, is Sylvester's position as the Aub Ehrenfest lord to finally render justice to Count Bindewald and his very own Head Priest uncle, with his aide Karstedt, more than the truth that him and Ferdinand are half-brothers: same father, different mothers. Of course, Sylvester doesn't care, and meted punishment as worthy of the crimes committed, even if it's to his own family member. At least Delia got spared by going back to the dreaded orphanage, but taking care of Dirk for a consolation.

The Cathedral's antics are finally over, and Main gets to keep her relations with Benno's Gilberta Company, but has to face that fact that her adoption will see a radical change, mainly Gunther's family whom she has grown together in the past 2 seasons till now, without parole. This is inevitable (especially Tuuli whom can't accept that Main has to separate from the family), and Main made her farewell as all parties make the blood pact on the contract in black and white (though it's parchment paper in that age).

For once, Main's Devouring is controlled, prayed and spread like a blessing to all as she departs from Gunther's family that she loves the most, and the adoption contract is complete, not without some tears shed and reborn as Rozemyne, the daughter of the upper-class noble Sylvester.

The story to be told is over. Overall, another good adaptation, though I enjoyed this season the least out of all 3 seasons/parts of Isekai Bookworm.

To be continued...? The new season's gonna enter Part 3 of the LN, if there is another.
KANLen09Jun 13, 2022 11:58 AM
Jun 13, 2022 11:25 AM

Apr 2016
What a way how to trick someone, lol.

I get it that everything ends well in the end ... i guess, right ? At least for the time being. Now, i really don't know with this series, you see the first season was nice and the characters are colorful and likable, but very soon the strongest point of this show, its pace, also becomes the biggest issue.

It just takes years for any kind of progress in the story, and so everything around our main heroine kinda feels a bit meh. Also, there is something incredibly cute about Myne whenever she's in her mini Chernobyle mode.
Jun 13, 2022 11:26 AM
Jun 2019
"The story to be told is over."

Is it really the end? Other than episode 10, will there be no more season 4? This gold mine of an anime I want to know more
Jun 13, 2022 11:30 AM

Dec 2021
Swagernator said:
What a way how to trick someone, lol.

I get it that everything ends well in the end ... i guess, right ? At least for the time being. Now, i really don't know with this series, you see the first season was nice and the characters are colorful and likable, but very soon the strongest point of this show, its pace, also becomes the biggest issue.

It just takes years for any kind of progress in the story, and so everything around our main heroine kinda feels a bit meh. Also, there is something incredibly cute about Myne whenever she's in her mini Chernobyle mode.

Being a slow pace isekai is part of the charm of this show imo. As the show have more time to develop it stories and its characters.

Jun 13, 2022 11:33 AM
Sep 2015
I'm quite stupid when I see graveyard and think Oh who's death? Took me many seconds to realized that it's Myne's fake tombstone.

3 seasons and the story move so little that I might call all of this "prologue", but it's also very deep, it's like this isekai world is real, I can understand how this world work, without being told how it work directly like other anime. It's very brave direction, considering that other anime is very fast. But I've to point out that character designs are quite bland.
Jun 13, 2022 11:34 AM

May 2020
Of course Sylvester’s that lord Ferdinand used to talk about, I mean he still does so yeah that's what matters. And lol just look at this old man, even third rate actors give better performances than him. Great to see he got what he fucking deserved. Though I guess that’s not how it went for Myne’s family, losing your daughter to someone else… though it was always coming but still you’ve to feel for them.

Some true tears in the finale, will miss this season for sure. Hope they do make a new season later on, really.
Jun 13, 2022 11:39 AM
Mar 2021
Maybe the weakest season yet, didn't really enjoy it as much. Still solid.
Jun 13, 2022 11:53 AM
Apr 2021
VB304 said:

Is it really the end? Other than episode 10, will there be no more season 4? This gold mine of an anime I want to know more

Someone didn't watch the after credits.
Jun 13, 2022 11:55 AM
Jun 2019
mburneracc1 said:
VB304 said:

Oh, I thought it was over after that. Well atleast more of it is coming. Though I already started reading the LN after that quote
Jul 2019
Honestly, this season would be the best season if it was adapted properly / it had atleast 12 episodes. Also the director of this anime tweeted (already deleted) that they had to fight for 10 episodes because the productions staff insisted 8 episodes.

Feb 2019
Wow, just wow. The character drama in this finale was just incredible.

Bindelwald and the high priest got exactly what they deserved after all that nefarious scheming, loved the look on his face when Sylvester pulled out the necklace on Myne lol.

Very fitting “punishment” for Delia to no longer be able to follow her dream of becoming a concubine and instead have to run the orphanage which has clearly become her new passion thanks to Dirk.

The final 8 minutes were so gut wrenching. We’ve spent 35 episodes with this family, getting to know them and now it’s gone. That montage as the spell paper was burning was so sad. But Myne’s blessing on the town and her family is the greatest gift she could ever give. Beautiful ending.

Really sad that we’ve now reached what will most likely be the end of the anime, but on the bright side there is plenty more to read and explore in the books. I’ll certainly miss watching Honzuki.

Also, apparently the director on twitter said that they had to fight tooth and nail to even get 10 episodes, the production committee wanted 8, so that explains the cuts and omissions and also the wonky animation when Tuuli was crying today.
Marinate1016Jun 13, 2022 12:02 PM
Jun 13, 2022 11:58 AM
May 2021
So thankful for a splendid season

ASOIAF is the best piece of fiction

Jun 13, 2022 12:02 PM

May 2008
They picked most important part but so many "less relevant" dialogues were skipped I am kind of sad they weren't animated :(

Just to put few explanations that could be worth:
- Myne didn't bless all people (i.e in anime seems like Sylvester is blessed as well but he wasn't... Freida wasn't as well...). She only blessed people she considered her most important people.
- Delia story was simplified (we see slaves leaving through door then Jenny and Delia, but in LN those slaves were desintegrated and Sylvester said that ALL High Bishop attendantes were to be executed together, that makes Myne promise with Delia little more relevant, also her punishment was little lighter at first but Sylvester kind of forced Myne to be more strict.)
- They cut the part where Karsted, Sylvester, Ferdinand and Myne were discussing about her new name.
- I am really missing Karsted comment on Sylvester which was sth like... "You had to destroy yet another family" which is a little relevant.

This might be my personal explanation but "The story to be told is over" is about "Myne story"... and the "to be continued" refers to "Rozemyne" story.

Anyway loved this season, sad it was rushed but I am still happy it was animated. Now hoping for next season.
Jun 13, 2022 12:10 PM

Jul 2014

Jun 13, 2022 12:13 PM
Oct 2016
About as emotional a finale as we can get. Bawled my eyes out as Main said goodbye to her family. Truly heartbreaking for this to be the only way they all stay safe. We've known for a while now that this would have happen but the suddeness of it makes the hurt more. Tuuli and Main words to each other got to me the most, two sisters whom love each other very much having to say goodbye like that. Each member of Main family got a tearful goodbye. Once the images of their past time together started appearing the waterworks got worse. Main blessing can watch over them now that she has to go away.

Sylvester being the lord of the city and Ferdinand brother both surprised the hell out of me. Didn't see either one coming. Makes this adoption even crazier since Main is now the daughter of the lord not just any ole nobleman. Sylvester did come up clutch though, throwing away both the high priest and the filthy noble whom tried to rake Main. Things will hopefully be smoother without them around. Main can now focus on building up the printing industry, having much more say so as a Lord's daughter now than she did before.

A great end to season three of the anime and part two of the novels. These nearly forty episodes have endeared the characters immensely making Main departure crushing to see. Everyone will have to press on continuing her work while Main herself is working on her end. I've very much enjoyed returning this world after a few years away. Just like Main family I hope we see her again one day.

93/100
Jun 13, 2022 12:17 PM

May 2016
Wow. that was way more heavy than I was expecting holy shit.
Jun 13, 2022 12:44 PM
Shalltear

Apr 2018
Didn't expect to feel that sad for the family separation, that was definitely the saddest moment of the anime even though the scene with Main healing everyone was beautiful, now she's the noble Rosemain, well we're definitely entering another part of the story and according to the "to be continued" there might be a 4th season at least, I can't wait!
Jun 13, 2022 12:48 PM

May 2017
Absolutely loved this! This is why it's my favorite anime. No unnecessary fighting scenes in the last episode, pure love of the family, magical blessings and Lord Rozemyne. Cannot wait for season 4 as I hope for this anime like kingdom to explode in popularity! 10/10
Meh...
Jun 13, 2022 12:51 PM

Dec 2020
This almost got me in the moment.

Then I noticed there was another 3-4 minutes left in the episode (and of course there's the fact that all the threads haven't been tied yet).
Jun 13, 2022 1:00 PM

Feb 2019
What a wonderful show about reading books.

Never knew trying to read one would be this difficult :P
The line below is True.
The line above is False.
Jun 13, 2022 1:02 PM

Jan 2017
Wow, this episode really messed me up. I was in tears for most of it.
Jun 13, 2022 1:02 PM

Mar 2022
I knew it was coming, I'd been spoiled about Rozemyne long ago but I was still almost crying at this finale. The goodbye scene was really emotional.

I'm also glad that Myne saved Delia since, at the end of the day, she was just a scared child. So, I hope she'll be able to find happiness at the orphanage.

I guess now's the time to catch up with the season 3 part of the light novel and then beyond. I'm quite curious at what awaits Rozemyne next.
Jun 13, 2022 1:17 PM

Nov 2016
Damn, this finale pushed all the right buttons after a rather mixed season 😭

One Piece episode 914 & 915 & 1027 were a mistake and 957 brought the salvation - FMmatron

Jun 13, 2022 1:19 PM
Nov 2021
Who is cutting onions I promise it didn’t make me cry but I’m going to kill whoever is cutting all of them onions
Jun 13, 2022 1:22 PM
Mar 2020
btw where can i read the rest of this? i'm kind of desperate to know what happens next.
Jun 13, 2022 1:41 PM
Councilor

Apr 2017
VB304 said:
mburneracc1 said:

Oh, I thought it was over after that. Well atleast more of it is coming. Though I already started reading the LN after that quote

You still should if you enjoy the series!

One thing to point out though to avoid confusion: Ferdinand is the High Priest and Sylvester’s Uncle is titled the High Bishop in the LN. Subtitles were strange in the show.
Jun 13, 2022 2:01 PM

Jun 2021
What a beautiful episode. The flashbacks of myne’s family burning with the contract magic made me cry.
Jun 13, 2022 2:12 PM
May 2022
Great and emotional episode.
to be continued? let's hope for another season
_Ishinashi99Jun 13, 2022 2:28 PM
Jun 13, 2022 2:16 PM

Apr 2013
Contrary to the previous episode, I'm glad that this one nailed what was important to transmit.
If the last episode failed that that would have really left the whole third season on a bad note.

That being said, "to be continued", heh... Exactly the same thing as the end of the first and second season. I guess there's definitely hope for a 4th one now. Maybe even a 5th one, since a 4th would end half way through part 3.

And so with this episode, we finally reached the point where we can use Rozemyne's name without it being a spoiler for anime viewers. Man, that took like forever, but its cool that the anime finally made it !
ZefyrisJun 13, 2022 2:22 PM
Jun 13, 2022 2:25 PM

Dec 2016
What a way to turn the events in this final episode. I must say, Sylvester calling the crocodile tears to his "uncle" had me giggle, but what satisfied me the most is him saying that the old man deserve the Death Penalty. Marvelous!

I feel sad knowing that Myne will have a new name, a new life, and specially for the biological parents to forget that Myne doesn't exist anymore :(
That's a huge burden for them to carry since she grew with them </3

I was also sad that this was over until I saw the after credits. Couldn't be more happier. Can't wait for the new season to come out >w<

[*]My Completed List
[*]♪Listen ►
[/list][/left]
Jun 13, 2022 2:34 PM

Dec 2016
One among the best, if not the best isekai I've had the pleasure to watch in recent years going back to the roots of classic stories based on a character struggling to pull herself out of the common grounds despite her own personal handicaps.
Jun 13, 2022 2:37 PM

Dec 2013
Well they did it, they managed to make me cry, it was a lovely goodbye so full of emotions, from Delia getting a second chance and being able to spend her time with Dirk to seeing Sylvester act completely different from the goofball as he was introduced, it was clear him and Ferdinand were some big shots but man I did not expect they were going to be the top dogs, it was even scary how he clearly explained that if weren't for Myne going berserk all her family would have been killed already.

I was super sad when "The story to be told is over." showed up and then The "After that." felt like kicking me while I was down but thankfully there was a teaser about a new season (hopefully a season and not a movie).

I love this series too much.

I do feel bad about Jenni, she didn't get that once in a lifetime chance like the rest and had to keep doing the Flower offering and huh, well for anyone wondering what happened to her read the wiki entry, what a fate.

https://ascendance-of-a-bookworm.fandom.com/wiki/Jenni

The opening was great and there are so many emotions at the "めくるめくるめくるめくるめく日々" @ 1:03, that lovely animation of Myne walking aimlessly to then looking more and more assertive with more energy as she grew up. This show has lovely OP and ED every season.

KanameYuukiJun 13, 2022 6:39 PM
Jun 13, 2022 2:48 PM
Jul 2013
Men, if there's one word to describe that contract that's "cruel".

I truly hope that Sylvester will love Myne half as much as Gunther, Tuuli, and Eva did, since they're no longer allowed to show it. (And does he actually care about Myne beyond a political, economical, and military tool? After all, at least for what he said, the only reason he didn't kill them is not because respects the fact that Myne only accepted her adoption to keep her family safe, but just because if he did Myne would have gone berserk)

It was kinda surprising that Sylvester just made up a name on the spot, and I'm glad to see here that it's not how it actually went: there was an actual discussion about it, but it was cut. Sincerely, it does feel like this season needed one more episode just to work out all the kinks of the adoption.
MimKJWPqmYxFZwoYJun 13, 2022 2:56 PM
Jun 13, 2022 3:55 PM

Jan 2008
That was a very bittersweet ending, but I enjoyed it.
I reject your reality, and substitute my own.
Jun 13, 2022 4:03 PM
Jan 2009
That was an epic fake at the end.
Jun 13, 2022 4:10 PM

Sep 2019
Honzuki S2 was better in general, but it was still a rollercoaster ride to an epic series.

9/10.
Jun 13, 2022 4:20 PM
Apr 2021
The story to be told is over.
The story to be told is over, after...
To be continued...

DECIDE YOURSELVES, but now fr, rly liked the show as a whole and im looking forward for a season 4, maybe a season 4 Will force it to become a slighly diferent genre (something like "busy important figure with lots to do that has to frequent noble's acadamy" kind of thing) it would be different but not bad. All i know is that if an anime renewal its not announced right after it finishes it usually takes at least 3 or 4 years to hear about it again. Rest for now Rosemyne 📖
Jun 13, 2022 4:55 PM
Jul 2016
It wasnt the best season............ still solid. It just felt off.
Jun 13, 2022 5:17 PM

Jul 2013
Damn, I didn't expect it to go this way... What a great season finale. I'm glad I watched this series blind
Jun 13, 2022 5:22 PM

Dec 2021
MimKJWPqmYxFZwoY said:
Men, if there's one word to describe that contract that's "cruel".

I truly hope that Sylvester will love Myne half as much as Gunther, Tuuli, and Eva did, since they're no longer allowed to show it. (And does he actually care about Myne beyond a political, economical, and military tool? After all, at least for what he said, the only reason he didn't kill them is not because respects the fact that Myne only accepted her adoption to keep her family safe, but just because if he did Myne would have gone berserk)

It was kinda surprising that Sylvester just made up a name on the spot, and I'm glad to see here that it's not how it actually went: there was an actual discussion about it, but it was cut. Sincerely, it does feel like this season needed one more episode just to work out all the kinks of the adoption.

They skipped the part where they explains to Myne about the adoption and when they are thinking on her new name.
Jun 13, 2022 6:00 PM
Mar 2015
KanameYuuki said:
Well they did it, they managed to make me cry, it was a lovely goodbye so full of emotions, from Delia getting a second chance and being able to spend her time with Dirk to seeing Sylvester act completely different from the goofball as he was introduced, it was clear him and Ferdinand were some big shots but man I did not expect they were going to be the top dogs, it was even scary how he clearly explained that if weren't for Myne going berserk all her family would have been killed already.

I was super sad when "The story to be told is over." showed up and then The "After that." felt like kicking me while I was down but thankfully there was a teaser about a new season (hopefully a season and not a movie).

I love this series too much.

I do feel bad about Jenni, she didn't get that once in a lifetime chance like the rest and had to keep doing the Flower offering and huh, well for anyone wondering what happened to her read the wiki entry, what a fate.

https://ascendance-of-a-bookworm.fandom.com/wiki/Jenni

The opening was great and there are so many emotions at the "めくるめくるめくるめくるめく日々" @ 1:03, that lovely animation of Myne walking aimlessly to then looking more and more assertive with more energy as she grew up. This show was lovely OP and ED every season.

Man they made cry too! And the めくる part of the opening was so powerful depicting perfectly the way Myne has changed and become more assertive, all for the good of the people she love. What a powerful and difficult sacrifice made Mine :,)
Jun 13, 2022 6:00 PM
May 2019
It wasn't the best season but still good overall !
Hopefully an announcement for s4 very soon
Jun 13, 2022 6:43 PM
Mar 2015
It’s been a while since an anime made me cry as much as this last episode did.
Jun 13, 2022 7:02 PM
Sep 2019
I DIDN'T REALIZE SEASON 3 IS 10 EPISODES. I watched the end thinking, it will be interesting seeing myne's first few days in the noble society, and how her family reacts to being separated, but than it said "The story to be told is over", I started panicking, I open up the MAL page in a hurry, and I see it is in fact only 10 episodes! As tears leave my eyes I start googeling, could this mean the manga has also ended? While the result does allow me a moment of relief, it is quickly replaced by this bittersweet feeling, that there is hope, but only in the distant future.
Jun 13, 2022 7:40 PM

Mar 2016
And with that, the story of Myne is over. Man, I'm kinda want to jump to the novels, what chapter should I pick up? Someone here knows?
No tomo malas decisiones, solo me gusta apoyar causas perdidas.
Disfruté Mayoiga, Ou-sama Game, Evil or Live, Mirai Nikki, Big Order, Arifureta, Ex-Arm, Tesla Note, Shuumatsu no Harem y Platinum End
nope les falle con esa, lo siento pero todos tenemos nuestros límites.
Así de jodido es mi gusto en anime, ¡Y estoy pinche orgulloso de ello!

Jun 13, 2022 7:41 PM
May 2022
Xayahnatix1 said:
Honestly, this season would be the best season if it was adapted properly / it had atleast 12 episodes. Also the director of this anime tweeted (already deleted) that they had to fight for 10 episodes because the productions staff insisted 8 episodes.

damn! 8 would have been hell
Jun 13, 2022 7:45 PM
May 2022
Nunuhaza said:
btw where can i read the rest of this? i'm kind of desperate to know what happens next.

bookwalker. but I know how to get em for free. I don't know if I'm allowed to post a link. is there a DM option on this site?
Jun 13, 2022 8:22 PM

Feb 2013
It was a good season, but I wish it was longer—I imagine the zero context scene of Damuel waking up in a bed next to Frieda while Myne was giving her final blessing confused some people. 🤣

Let us pray for a 24+ episode 4th season...

Jun 13, 2022 8:34 PM
Anime Cat

Aug 2017
It's over. The 3-season prologue is over. I thought that was it for Honzuki anime. And I have to dive into LN if I want to see the continuation.

And the director be like: "But wait, there's more!"

Glad the production staff didn't give up on this series despite the lacking budget. It's good to have another anime for Honzuki. But I think, they should gathered decent budget in sake of properly progressed into the next stage.

Overall, this season has been pretty good. Just need more polishing. The soundtrack carried this season real hard.
Pages (4) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

» Unpopular Opinion

Animorphimagi - Jun 14, 2022

14 by KakaTamaki »»
Mar 26, 4:55 AM

Poll: » Honzuki no Gekokujou: Shisho ni Naru Tame ni wa Shudan wo Erandeiraremasen 3rd Season Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Jun 6, 2022

91 by Kvistis »»
Feb 29, 7:47 AM

Poll: » Honzuki no Gekokujou: Shisho ni Naru Tame ni wa Shudan wo Erandeiraremasen 3rd Season Episode 5 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - May 9, 2022

55 by Kvistis »»
Feb 25, 9:29 PM

Poll: » Honzuki no Gekokujou: Shisho ni Naru Tame ni wa Shudan wo Erandeiraremasen 3rd Season Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Apr 25, 2022

60 by Kvistis »»
Feb 23, 11:59 PM

Poll: » Honzuki no Gekokujou: Shisho ni Naru Tame ni wa Shudan wo Erandeiraremasen 3rd Season Episode 7 Discussion

Stark700 - May 23, 2022

46 by Chamon6364 »»
Feb 18, 3:54 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.