Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (3) [1] 2 3 »
Dec 21, 2014 8:28 AM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Lol, that was cute. I really liked the connection of the episode. There were still some silly moments with Kokkuri-san of course and what turns out to be a final wishes at the temples.

Decent show overall. 6/10. I got quite a bit of laughs from this and wouldn't mind another season in the future. Looking forward to the specials.
Dec 21, 2014 8:30 AM

Nov 2007
No OP. Doll girl wanting something, but meeting a weird guy. The first time he got conscious of ghost. He only wanted to invite her to choose a present for his daughter, but afraid of kids, so he got nervous.

Kokkuri-san knows what the girls want? Wow, the daughter (Ai Nonaka) is depressed and getting drunk by drinking non-alcohol... She's such a tsundere. Having fun and doll girl eating cup noodle. So he is a ghost? Poor Inugami for waiting for them to come home.

New Year's eve. Cleaning up. Inugami burnt the trash and the house! lol. Eating Toshikoshi soba, WT with shrinking. New Year, and his wish is this moment.

OP is ED. lol @ their wishes.
tsubasaloverDec 21, 2014 9:23 AM
I Two Syaorans from Tsubasa RESERVoir CHRoNiCLE and TRC!!!
Dec 21, 2014 10:26 AM
Oct 2009
The lawyer was HILARIOUS.

...and that's it, really.. I'm disappointed with how the second half of the series went, losing a lot of funny moments, wasting a lot of time introducing some not-so-interesting new characters..... and then not even using them much, completely pushing Inugami (and Shigaraki somewhat) out of the picture even though they're main characters, and providing some lame fanservice but pretty much only for the guys. It's an anime about cute animal-spirit-men! And suddenly halfway through they just randomly become a woman or spend most of their time as a woman and that's where most of the fanservice happens!

As a fangirl, I was very disappointed in the waste of so much man-moe potential! And as a viewer, I was disappointed with how much the potential of this anime just went to waste. Like, it wasn't horrible, but every week I was just waiting and waiting for something funny to happen.
Dec 21, 2014 11:37 AM
Jul 2018
Suzie said:
The lawyer was HILARIOUS.

...and that's it, really.. I'm disappointed with how the second half of the series went, losing a lot of funny moments, wasting a lot of time introducing some not-so-interesting new characters..... and then not even using them much, completely pushing Inugami (and Shigaraki somewhat) out of the picture even though they're main characters, and providing some lame fanservice but pretty much only for the guys. It's an anime about cute animal-spirit-men! And suddenly halfway through they just randomly become a woman or spend most of their time as a woman and that's where most of the fanservice happens!

As a fangirl, I was very disappointed in the waste of so much man-moe potential! And as a viewer, I was disappointed with how much the potential of this anime just went to waste. Like, it wasn't horrible, but every week I was just waiting and waiting for something funny to happen.

Hi, yeah, I feel exactly the same way as you (so cosigns your post because I agree with all of it). It was so great at first and I loved it! But yeah I did not care about any of the other characters (with the exception of Yamamoto-kun, loved him). A show I started off loving turned into annoying to me. The switching to girls for fanservice really bugged me too. I thought it was going to be a different kind of show than this. :(
Dec 21, 2014 12:43 PM

Sep 2012
It's finished ;_;. I loved this show.
Seriously tho, the ost is so good, that I think it's on par with Mushishi.
Oh god who are you people?
Dec 21, 2014 12:44 PM

Jul 2010
A radio-controlled cup noodle!

The lawyer has many many problems xD Him being a workaholic too!

Noelle already thinking like that when she is young xD She being a tsundere. It was a somewhat heartwarming moment. The lawyer being a ghost and Kokkuri-san enabled him to meet his daughter one last time.

The only thing he could do for his family was hilarious! Felt bad for Inugami.

Ending with New Years and getting to see everyone again.

Quite the enjoyable anime as I've always laughed. I wanted Kohina to show more of her human side or at least more at the end which we did get a short glimpse when she was wishing. The first episode was really good, felt like an oneshot! 8/10, the comedy aspect was really good though maybe I wanted a little more of the other stuff such as more Shigaraki and Jimeko! Still, enjoyed this to the very end. Going to miss the ET~
Dec 21, 2014 12:53 PM

Jul 2013
Pretty heavy short stories for a last episode. The feels episodes were definitely the best ones in this comedy series imo. Different from the usual happy open endings that this genre of anime brings.

It was an ok comedy series. Definitely enjoyed it a lot more than I expected. Not really hoping for a second season but I wouldn't mind if there is going to be one..

5/5 ep
7/10 series.
Dec 21, 2014 12:54 PM

Jan 2012
Wow I wasn't expecting that downer twist from the Christmas portion of this episode. I do love whenever anime characters eat KFC during Christmas episodes though! :D Also the Dragon Ball reference was wonderful.

And wonderful is how I'd describe this show. If I had any complaints it might be that some of the secondary characters, Jimeko, didn't get as much screen time as I'da liked. Though I guess that is in keeping with her character. Aside from that it was a consistently enjoyable viewing experience from start to finish. I'd love a second season. 8/10
Dec 21, 2014 12:56 PM
Oct 2012
I liked the first half of the show, but once it got the the genderbent Kokkuri arc (does it even count as an arc yeah whatever) it was kinda boring? I really liked this episode though, and I'd give the show a 7/10. I can't really say I liked Tama much though; she doesn't really serve much of a purpose.

But yeah, the lawyer was a dork and his daughter is a hardcore tsundere. Wonder how Shiragaki's Christmas was...
Dec 21, 2014 1:00 PM

Apr 2014
well a great ep
the lawyer ghost was a good xmass ep
the dragon ball reference

overall 8/10 for the series
Dec 21, 2014 1:00 PM

May 2013
Pretty good finale. It was better than the last few episodes which were also not as funny as the first half of the anime imo. Dragon Ball reference spotted lol.

7/10
Dec 21, 2014 1:06 PM

Feb 2014
What a way to make your last memory into a happy one.

Inugami being alone during Christmas.
Kokkuri-san cleaning again.

Lol, the Ichimatsu family's seven balls of wish-granting.

The first shrine visit!
Kohina's so cute!

I really like Kokkuri-san's thoughts and wish at the end.
That scene was perfect.

"Later on, you will become a lively person causing headaches as the shrine-god."
Dec 21, 2014 1:06 PM
Content Admin
Overkilled Red

Aug 2013
That lawyer can't just stop with his workaholic tendencies! I really thought he was a pervert in the beginning. XD
Noelle's adult outlook of life while getting drunk from a non-alcoholic liquor was hilarious! Her tsundere side was pretty cute though. :3

From the way the lawyer and Kokkuri were interacting amicably the whole time, it didn't even cross my mind that he might be a dead person. His farewell was quite sad..

Inugami's over-cleaning raze was too funny! How they hell the managed to repair the house back though?

I wonder what sort of ancestors Kohina has that her family storehouse is full of legendary items? Ichimatsu family's seven balls of wish granting? Really? XD

Kohina looked twice as cute with her little Yukata! Credit goes to Kokkuri for making her wear it. :3

Kokkuri's monologue about human life and comparing his own was depressingly reflective, yet marvelous at the same time.
While looking at his impression of a rather grown up Kohina, this came to my mind:

Anyone else find them similar?

Great episode to end one of the top shows of this season. I love how they incorporated some serious themes in such a series intended mainly for comedy. 8/10 and yes, we need a second season.

Dec 21, 2014 1:16 PM

Apr 2013
That was a nice ending to the show. 7/10
Dec 21, 2014 1:22 PM

Oct 2012
Nice ending and the lawyer was really funny, he was workaholic even after he died lol.
Noelle, she was alone and faking being drunk, it was sad but the whole thing after was funny.
6.5/10 :)
I'm learning English so maybe I make mistakes :)
Dec 21, 2014 1:28 PM
Aug 2011
lmao Inugami destroying everything because everything besides Kohina is garbage to him.
For some reason I've found him particularly funny these last few episodes.

This series was not exactly hilarious all through to me but I did get some laughs and some randomly unusually melancholic moments like the lawyer part... just wow, kind of came out of left field there.

Kohina's so cute! I'll miss her and her monotone voice.
I'd gladly watch another season.

ScarletCrystal said:
I really like Kokkuri-san's thoughts and wish at the end.
That scene was perfect.

Yeah it was great.

Oh lol the Tengu in the OP was the pervert shotacon.
For some reason I figured it was someone else.
standDec 21, 2014 1:47 PM
Dec 21, 2014 1:32 PM

Jan 2012
Finally remembered why there was a tengu in last ep's op...

Anyway it was a pretty nice show overall although I didn't quite like it at first
Dec 21, 2014 1:44 PM

Aug 2010
Fun ep as usual. So sad it's done T^T Dat devil vs angel Kohina was so cute :3

"Lolicon" detected and Kohina's reaction dropping the purse lololol

Kukkuri's reaction to creeping someone out for the first time but it turned out to be Kohina who was scarier. The "I can't sue u phobia" was hilarious XD

That guy was hilarious, not liking children because he can't sue them lol and wanting to give the book of law as a gift describing its curves XD

Him trying 300 lolis before this and Kohina's how the hell didn't get caught by the police was friggin lol XD And Being afraid of getting charged by Neglect

Didn't expect he's a ghost and they talk a paranormal pic too. Tsundere Noelle was kawaii :3

Poor Inugami XD Alone! And then he took taking out the garbage to a new level lol

Kohina's family having dragonballs XD

"Our lives are too slow to live with humans and too long to live alone" That's a really emotional monologue :*(

Really loved this series a lot. 8.5/10 for me :3
Dec 21, 2014 1:47 PM
Jul 2018
The lawyer was hilarious. he is trying 300 lolicons before this and I lol so hard that he did not get caught by the police.

Kohina's family having dragonballs was a lol.
Dec 21, 2014 1:56 PM

Nov 2007
eh,that was pretty sad plot twist....

Anyway,i am glad i am done with this show. It had it's positive moments and it made me laugh few times but i can name dozens of way more funnier series. Possibly my least fave thing i watched this season (but it still has better rating than better shows oh lol MAL).
Dec 21, 2014 2:20 PM

Feb 2014
This was a lot of fun, definitely the comedy of the season. 8/10.
Dec 21, 2014 2:33 PM

Jan 2011
Very repetitive but had some darn funny parts. I enjoyed it overall.
Dec 21, 2014 2:43 PM

Jan 2013
"Drop the cup noodles." - Kokkuri-san
This scene was hilarious XD
And the Dragon Ball reference was priceless XD

Dec 21, 2014 2:45 PM
Nov 2013
Great finale episode, I think it's its my new favorite of the series. The lawyer was hilarious, was really surprised that he was a ghost as well.

7/10. This was a surprise hit for me, I hope we get a second season!
Dec 21, 2014 3:03 PM

Jan 2014
that was a rather sad finale. Anything from Inugami's perspective is hilarious, the way he smite the whole joint was great.

A bittersweet arc for the daugther/lawyer, caught me off-guard when he announce he was already dead.

Going to miss this show and the OP, it generally put me in the mood to watch this

Dec 21, 2014 3:15 PM

Apr 2014
Thought the lawyer was the Teigu >.>
Also I legit got hit with the feels with the reveal that Noelle's father was dead.
But I also had some laugh afterwards with Inugami being left alone lol.
Sad mixed with laughter...

Pretty interesting twist in the end.
So I'm gonna assume that Kohina is the reincarnation of a Woman he loved years/centuries ago but died due to different amount of life span..
8/10
I wouldn't mind a Season 2 just to explore on that back story of Kokkuri.

Dec 21, 2014 3:15 PM

Dec 2013
The true meaning behind the latest episode of Gugure! Kokkuri-san. Spoilers

Kokkuri-san was once a lover with Kohina. After spending many years together she died. He talks about how his life is long and hers isn't. So she got reborn. From the way he spoke. It sounded like he was repeating this hundreds of years. So he has watched his lover die multiple times. She would be reborn as a child and Kokkuri would care for her as a father. No chance to ever be a lover once again. Along with the tragedy of her never remembering him
Dec 21, 2014 3:18 PM

Nov 2013
One of the best comedies this year, liked it a lot. Hope it gets second season. 8/10 for this.
Dec 21, 2014 3:19 PM

Apr 2014
ChibiReviews said:

Kokkuri-san was once a lover with Kohina. After spending many years together she died. He talks about how his life is long and hers isn't. So she got reborn. From the way he spoke. It sounded like he was repeating this hundreds of years. So he has watched his lover die multiple times. She would be reborn as a child and Kokkuri would care for her as a father. No chance to ever be a lover once again. Along with the tragedy of her never remembering him

*claps*

Dec 21, 2014 3:26 PM
Oct 2013
UGHH so sad this show is over T_T. I know that this show's comedy won't be a hit for everyone but to me this show was absolutely hilarious and really did their moments of drama and sadness VERY well....better than some shows that were supposed to be dramatic this season!

The ending gave me serious feels and tbh made me cry as I have fallen completely in-love with this group of weirdos :P

[spoiler]

Dec 21, 2014 3:28 PM
Mar 2012
A great ending to the series, didn't expect that Christmas twist at the end.

ChibiReviews said:

MAH HEARTSTRINGS
Dec 21, 2014 3:29 PM
Oct 2013
ChibiReviews said:

heyyyyy it's Chibi!!!! I'm one of your YouTube subscribers (CarAmeL624)!!! If this is the real meaning of that ending then I think we need a couple OVAs , a movie, season 2...something T_T
Dec 21, 2014 3:37 PM
Feb 2009
ChibiReviews said:

Was actually going to discuss this here but it seems like this. Is a sad ending in the end of 12 funny episodes. I wouldn't mind a OVA with some explanations or the after years eve if the quality would be the same.

Anyway, a good ending with 2 good parts which are connected. The layer who died but had a chance to connect with his daughter ( the reason why Fox helped is clear now ) and in the last part the circle of life.
Dec 21, 2014 3:44 PM

Mar 2013
To bad, no more Kokkuri-san and Kohina ~~
Dec 21, 2014 4:01 PM

Aug 2014
nuuuuuuu ;--------;

S2!!!! Gonna miss this show actually so much it's unreal.
Dec 21, 2014 4:30 PM

Aug 2012
I just took the wish scene as Kokkuri being close to Kohina's mom, and she was the one he made a promise to. But who knows, the first chapter of the manga makes it seem like Kokkuri doesn't have any prior knowledge of Kohina.

Anyway, I really enjoyed this series. The humor and character interactions were perfect for me. I do wish Inugami and Shigaraki got some more focus and development(well Inugami got some I guess) but I'm pretty satisfied with how everything went. The heartfelt moments with Kokkuri and Kohina's non-doll eyes were easily my favorite part of the series. The show could have utilized those a lot more but they only did it in moderation. That was the show's true merit imo, that it didn't take itself seriously at all when it could have easily taken advantage of that side of Kohina. I was honestly hoping for one of those scenes at the end, but this was fine. I'll definitely get into the manga if it gets picked up, which hopefully the anime will drive.
Dec 21, 2014 4:49 PM

Dec 2013
A phobia of things he couldn't sue. What a brilliant and absolutely idiotic fear to have. I laughed more than I should have at that. The whole section with the lawyer and his daughter was nicely done, and then it hurt me. This show did an alright job of placing heartfelt moments into the comedy; not the best, but certainly not the worst I've seen.

Watching the montage as the credits rolled made me realize how much I liked the show. I somewhat agree with other people that it started losing its edge around the halfway point, but I still enjoyed each ridiculous comedy sketch and all the character interactions that went with them. I wish the bully became Kohina's friend though. She's so lonely :(

Shigaraki wins for best heartfelt moment of the show: Killing that monster for Kohina's sake.
Yamamoto wins for best character.
Tengu wins for most unnecessary.
Dec 21, 2014 4:52 PM

May 2013
The lolicon lawyer at the first part was hilarious. But when they said he was a ghost, I was touched. But I also saw better than that. Anyway, they forgot to spend Christmas with Inugami and Shigaraki. Hahahaha!

Inugami destroys all the "garbage". LOL! Kohina has dragon balls? Hahaha! She has all the mysterious stuff in the Ichimatsu storage.

Enjoyed it till the last episode. Hilariously entertaining.
7/10.
Dec 21, 2014 5:48 PM

May 2013
This was a good episode. It was sad that the father had already died, but he finally got the chance to move on without any regrets. Funny that they forgot about Inugami lol. This was a good series overall. Wouldn't mind a season 2 of this.

ChibiReviews said:

Well said Chibi.
Dec 21, 2014 5:54 PM

Aug 2013
Overall, that was pretty good, entertaining and funny, 7/10.

babymilo91 said:
This was a good episode. It was sad that the father had already died, but he finally got the chance to move on without any regrets. Funny that they forgot about Inugami lol. This was a good series overall. Wouldn't mind a season 2 of this.

ChibiReviews said:

Well said Chibi.

Thanks for this information ChibiReviews
Dec 21, 2014 6:10 PM

Dec 2013
Shaniyaz said:
That lawyer can't just stop with his workaholic tendencies! I really thought he was a pervert in the beginning. XD
Noelle's adult outlook of life while getting drunk from a non-alcoholic liquor was hilarious! Her tsundere side was pretty cute though. :3

From the way the lawyer and Kokkuri were interacting amicably the whole time, it didn't even cross my mind that he might be a dead person. His farewell was quite sad..

Inugami's over-cleaning raze was too funny! How they hell the managed to repair the house back though?

I wonder what sort of ancestors Kohina has that her family storehouse is full of legendary items? Ichimatsu family's seven balls of wish granting? Really? XD

Kohina looked twice as cute with her little Yukata! Credit goes to Kokkuri for making her wear it. :3

Kokkuri's monologue about human life and comparing his own was depressingly reflective, yet marvelous at the same time.
While looking at his impression of a rather grown up Kohina, this came to my mind:

Anyone else find them similar?

Great episode to end one of the top shows of this season. I love how they incorporated some serious themes in such a series intended mainly for comedy. 8/10 and yes, we need a second season.

I always thought Kohina and Akane looked similar. Same hairstyle, and that cool attitude toward everything :)
"If anyone wishes to stop me, let them try. If there any whose dispair can match my own!" - Lelouch Lamperouge.
Dec 21, 2014 6:11 PM

Jan 2008
ChibiReviews said:

That's deep. Season 2 WHEN!? This show is too good to not get another go.
Dec 21, 2014 6:22 PM

May 2010
ChibiReviews said:

What suggests his previous lovers (if he had any) were Kohina, that she keeps getting reborn, and that he kept caring for a reborn version of her as a father as if each reincarnation always didn't have a father?
Dec 21, 2014 6:24 PM

Jul 2014
As funny as every episode ;)
Too bad it's end already. well, we get Gintama on April anyways ;)

"Our lives are too slow to live with humans and too long to live alone"
Dec 21, 2014 6:25 PM

Dec 2013
One of the weakest episodes so far but it has a good and heart-warming ending. One of my favourite series of this season. Kohina <3
8/10
Dec 21, 2014 6:35 PM

Oct 2012
Oh my Inugami powerful
Dec 21, 2014 7:03 PM
Trickster

Jun 2011
A surprisingly melancholy episode. Still really funny at some parts though.

All in all, it was a charming and funny show. Some parts were great, others kind of awkward or disjointed. Kind of wish they included more of the side characters in each episode too, and not just the main four.

I give it an 8/10. I would like to see more in the future if possible.

P.S. Kohina is so adorable.
Dec 21, 2014 7:04 PM

Dec 2010
This was a good episode. It has a nice mixture of comedy and drama all in the same segment, and it was a fun episode, and showed some of the best elements of the series.

All in all I'm glad I decided to pick this series up because it wasn't going to be one I was going to watch originally, but I'm glad I did. It is probably one of, if not the funniest anime I've ever seen, and it makes me sad that it ended. I would love to have more season in the future.

It gets a 9/10!
Dec 21, 2014 7:58 PM

Jul 2010
I'm going to miss those idiots and super-adorable Kohina.It was fun as hell i must say, great OP and ED, entertaining from start to end.
8/10 and i want second season.Which will probably sadly never happen, sigh.
Dec 21, 2014 8:14 PM

May 2013
iv0rywave said:
That was a nice ending to the show. 7/10
The world shall know the truth soon.
Pages (3) [1] 2 3 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Gugure! Kokkuri-san Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Oct 5, 2014

162 by S_k_Roy »»
Apr 24, 11:29 AM

Poll: » Gugure! Kokkuri-san Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Dec 14, 2014

61 by lazypanda666 »»
Dec 30, 2023 8:18 PM

Poll: » Gugure! Kokkuri-san Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Dec 7, 2014

83 by lazypanda666 »»
Dec 26, 2023 2:48 AM

Poll: » Gugure! Kokkuri-san Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Nov 30, 2014

60 by lazypanda666 »»
Dec 24, 2023 8:38 PM

Poll: » Gugure! Kokkuri-san Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Nov 23, 2014

95 by lazypanda666 »»
Dec 23, 2023 3:10 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.