Forum Settings
Forums
Fairy Tail
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this chapter?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this chapter. If you want to discuss future events, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to read/download this chapter or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Manga Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (3) [1] 2 3 »
May 15, 2014 11:50 PM

Nov 2013
THIS IS A MANGA ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS ANYTHING BEYOND THIS CHAPTER.
----------------------------------------
Farewell Aquarius !

Good chapter, very cool.

Let's just hope that at the end of the tartaros arc the Spirit King doesn't give back the key to Lucy, it would kill the idea of sacrifice.
short_reviewMay 15, 2014 11:58 PM
May 15, 2014 11:55 PM

Jan 2012
I'm surprised by how touching it was, the fight next week will hopefully be as fun and large as I'm expecting now. :D

I'm assuming Lucy will get the key back at some point I mean how else would it even work if not would there just be one less zodiac key permanently? Well we'll see anyway...
animefan8800May 16, 2014 12:05 AM
May 15, 2014 11:59 PM

Nov 2011
Aquarius ;.;

Well at least she is able to get Aquarius on the field now. Fuck yes. Time for some payback.
May 15, 2014 11:59 PM

Jun 2013
O.O Seriously! Damn this is turning to be damn amazing chapter. Damn Jackal is cruel.

Lucy is to summon who!? AND HOW!? Oh hell no!!!! Lucy is to be sacrifice one of her friends...no, not going to happen.....Goddammit you Aquarious...GOD DAMMIT!!!!! Why you make us Like you as last thing you do!!!! you better return Somehow goddammit!!!!
T.T No, *Sniff*, I am not crying!!!!! shikuso, T.T

....Serei Ou (Spirit King)...this is order, no....beg....Lay, C O M PE T E N T L Y ......AND....U T T E R....W A S T E.... O N T A R T A R O S !!!!!!!

oh...he already did?...Oh ou, Serei Ou....vs King of Hades!?....Me wonders if Magnolia Town is still standing after this World shaping fight that will happen next?
JarjaxleMay 16, 2014 12:46 AM
Victory at all costs, victory in spite of all terror, victory however long and hard the road may be; for without victory, there is no survival.~Winston Churchill

"Fate of the universe will be Decided as it SHOULD be, in MORTAL KOMBAT!" ~Elder Gods

"Justice WILL Prevail?" "But OF COURSE IT WILL!! WHOEVER WINS, BECOMES THE JUSTICE!!!" ~Donquixote Doflamingo (King, Pirate, Shichibukai, Philosopher(?) (One Piece))
May 16, 2014 12:04 AM
Jul 2012
Wasn't expecting that. I don't want her to get Aquarius key back but I hate the idea of Lucy not eventually having all 12 keys.
May 16, 2014 12:08 AM
Jan 2013
No one dies in this manga with the Biggest Feel Plot Armor in manga ever so Aquarius is definitely coming back
May 16, 2014 12:09 AM
Mar 2013
tomtomr92 said:
No one dies in this manga with the Biggest Feel Plot Armor in manga ever so Aquarius is definitely coming back

She doesn't even die, all lucy did was break the contract between the two of them.
May 16, 2014 12:11 AM

May 2013
A huge Deus ex machina with Lucy all of a sudden being able to summon the Celestial Spirit King, but still better than Lucy somehow being able to beat a member of the Nine Demon Gates by herself. If she can summon him anytime she wants now, that pretty OP seeing as he can manipulate time.

How in the hell did the Celestial Spirit King not kill everyone inside the Tartarus guild including Fairy Tail who all seem to have merge with the guild in chapter 382?

4/5
May 16, 2014 12:14 AM

Dec 2011
A lot of tears were shed.
May 16, 2014 12:17 AM

Nov 2013
Avarici0us said:
How in the hell did the Celestial Spirit King not kill everyone inside the Tartarus guild including Fairy Tail who all seem to have merge with the guild in chapter 382?

Repeat after me : "It's a kind of magiiiiiiic !"

Since the spirit king has a moustache I'm confident he is a reincarnation of Freddy Mercury. It completely makes sense !
May 16, 2014 12:22 AM

Sep 2012
Wonder if the king of spirit will repair the key at some point.
May 16, 2014 12:25 AM

Aug 2011
I'm sure Aquarius will be coming back, safe and sound, that's just how this manga rolls.
But this sacrifice was heartbreaking for sure, really nice twist.

Feb 2013
5/5 nuff said !
GEE HEE !

Apr 2014
Arlia said:
Wonder if the king of spirit will repair the key at some point.

He probably will. I would say there is a 100% chance of Aquarius returning.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
May 16, 2014 12:29 AM

Dec 2011
HOT DAYUM THOSE FEELS
I CRY ASDLKSFK

Months ago when the Celestial King was introduced I thought it would be cool if Lucy was able to summon him and then WOW IT FINALLY HAPPENED! I thought she would summon Gemini and try Urano Metoria again but woooww such feels I can't orz ;A;
May 16, 2014 12:34 AM
Dec 2013
Lucy did a very courageous thing despite her importance of her friends + spirits.
Wow, Spirit king vs King Hades!
Epic entrance from the Spirit King!

I hate it when they treat Lucy like that!!!!
When my waifu cries, I cry.

UchihaMay 16, 2014 12:53 AM
May 16, 2014 12:41 AM

Apr 2008
This chapter was NOT okay. NOT OKAY BY ANY MEANS. Aquarius was one of the last mementos from Lucy's mom. SHE LOST YET ANOTHER PIECE OF HER PAST.
May 16, 2014 12:42 AM

Dec 2013
Firstly: "Let's blow up her boobs." - Was totally unnecessary and Hiro is getting quite depraved.

Secondly: That celestial spirit king mustache is fabulous.

4/5
May 16, 2014 12:44 AM

Mar 2012
O.o What a chapter! Lots of feels there with Lucy breaking Aquarias' key. I really do hope this sacrifice is truly a sacrifice or else this moment will lose its true meaning.

Now time to see the Spirit King in action!
May 16, 2014 12:46 AM
Jan 2014
Xyls said:
Firstly: "Let's blow up her boobs." - Was totally unnecessary and Hiro is getting quite depraved.

Secondly: That celestial spirit king mustache is fabulous.

4/5

I knew without a shadow of a doubt that something was going to interrupt their torture as soon as Lamy even suggested damaging Lucy's boobs. Those are Fairy Tail's money makers. There is no series without them, lol.
May 16, 2014 12:47 AM
Jan 2014
Lucy is in trouble.Jackal is still alive,the bastard...and now Torafusa will probably return to check on them.With that beast destroyed,Alegria was probably dispelled.Well,Who else betting that Gajeel will be taking care of Torafusa?

Well,natsu already took care of Jackal once,so I think someone else should beat that bastard.He should consider himself lucky if this happens,since Natsu would burn him to ashes.
This chapter proves water is useful against him,somwhat.Juvia could handily take care of him.Also,it would give the chance to develop Juvia and Gajeel's relationship with Lucy.

So...in order to summon the king,you must sacrifice one of the keys,and it must be of a spirit you trust deeply.This means the wielder and the spirit may never meet again,ironic.It is weird,though.

The 12 keys all exist in the present,which means either the king was never summoned,or that there is a way to restore the broken key.But if that were so,Aquarius wouldn't treat this as a final farewell.Well,considering most celestial spirit users treat their spirits as trash or as tools,few probably got to know their spirits enough for them to suggest this or get in a situation that would demand this.

So,there was a link between celestial spirit magic and Zeref.The celestial spirit king knows the king of hades,and vice versa.This means they probably saw each other before...this could imply the Celestial spirit King summoned before...but then why would Marde know him?This is gonna fuel many theories till next week,lol.

fuck,I wasn't exactly fond of Aquarius,but...this chapter proves that deep down,she did like Lucy,and she was quite devoted to Layla.Lucy was strong.She managed to get over the pain of missing the death of her father,ironically discovering he did lover her all along.But...can she get over this?She loves the spirits more than anything else,and Aquarius was her first spirit.I wouldn't be surprise if she blamed her weakness.Let's see how this develops.
May 16, 2014 12:55 AM

Aug 2013
damn this was a great chapter, cant wait to see next weeks fight
May 16, 2014 1:05 AM

May 2014
Damn. Aquarius. I shed my tears in this chapter. And I can't wait for the next chapter. DAMN!
May 16, 2014 1:10 AM
Sep 2007
Believe in the spirit of the key, I summon Spirit KING! Hehehe, it was awesome.
Hi
May 16, 2014 1:18 AM

Oct 2013
How dare you, Mashima-senpai! Give me back my Aquarius! T_T
May 16, 2014 1:22 AM
Jan 2014
The irony of it all is that,next episode of the anime,Lucy and Yukino will fight against that executer,Uosuke.it's when Loki says the 12 keys have finally been reunited,and it's also the last time Aquarius was summoned to a battle prior to this chapter.Mashima,you really did time this.

Well,i doubt Lucy still has magic power to summon Gemini and use uranometria.I think she should be the one to finish the bastard off,since he was also the one who almost broke her when he did that sadistic choice between the pregnant woman and that ass of a former council member.But honestly,all i care is for someone to kill him.Anyone works for me.
May 16, 2014 1:24 AM

Mar 2013
No more lucy and Aquarius arguing. Man.

I flinched when I saw jackal give that blow to her ankle.

And wow. I didn't think u could actually summon the spirit king. He just cut through that monster thing like it was taffy.
.....................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................
May 16, 2014 1:35 AM

May 2013
I think Aquarius will come back, but not anytime soon. Maybe several arcs in the future, Lucy will find herself in another Life or Death situation. We will have a shot of the Spirit World where Aquarius find herself missing Lucy, and after finding out about Lucy's situation, her key will magically appear before Lucy, who will summon Aquarius and win the day.
Ad Maiorem Dei Gloriam
May 16, 2014 2:16 AM

Sep 2007
Ok ... Just wow ...
I never even thought about this ...
But wow ...
May 16, 2014 2:18 AM

Aug 2012
Holy hell so many feels, farewell Aquarius :(. Spirit King coming in like a Boss or should I say King.
May 16, 2014 2:35 AM

May 2010
Is Fairy Tail back? Cuz I can feel it...

Damn it, why must Aquarius be replaced... Some terrific character development there.

I am speechless... This chapter accomplished so much.

All I can say, LUCY I LOVE YOU and ONE OF THE BEST CHAPTERS IN A WHILE!

I am crying tears of rejoice right now.
May 16, 2014 2:39 AM

Feb 2013
Never thought I would one day shed a tear for Aquarius ='(
I wonder if the spirit king and king of Hades had a past before, that would be awesome XD
May 16, 2014 2:45 AM
Dec 2013
TragicRomance said:
Is Fairy Tail back? Cuz I can feel it...
Maybe some are free when The Spirit God sliced up that cube-monster. If it's true then I want a epic entrance of Natsu like Laxus in Tenrou Island arc.
May 16, 2014 3:02 AM

Jul 2013
"Let's blow up her boobs" Sorry but had to facepalm there.

Celestial Spirit King huh. Now it's time to really kick ass.
Noitrus said:
I'm sure Aquarius will be coming back, safe and sound, that's just how this manga rolls.

Yeah, I'm pretty sure that would happen too.
May 16, 2014 3:14 AM

Apr 2008
SandyBoi said:
"Let's blow up her boobs" Sorry but had to facepalm there.

Celestial Spirit King huh. Now it's time to really kick ass.
Noitrus said:

Yeah, I'm pretty sure that would happen too.

At least she got her face blown up instead. Thank god Lamy is dead
May 16, 2014 3:19 AM

Mar 2009
this chapter bring me to tears
May 16, 2014 3:22 AM

Mar 2014
Seriously Hiro? Pulling out the big guns lol..

9/10

The Tartaros Arc has been delivering since the start with some flaws but it keeps getting better.. Might be even better than Tower of Heaven..

Still.. Come on I need to see that fight..

Lamy- "lets blow up her boobs"

Jackal- "fuck off" (destroys Lamy)

Lol
May 16, 2014 4:06 AM

May 2014
time for some payback against king of hades!!BEAT THE SHIT OUT OF HIM SPIRIT KING!
May 16, 2014 4:07 AM

May 2012
I've got the feeling that she'll summon the Celestial King on prev chapters so she really did, though with a really high price.. this makes me cryT_T

May 16, 2014 4:25 AM
Dec 2010
very good chapter
i think the the Celestial Spirit King would kill the master , but as we all know from fairy tail
lucy will faint , and he will return to his world
May 16, 2014 4:43 AM

Apr 2008
aos10 said:
very good chapter
i think the the Celestial Spirit King would kill the master , but as we all know from fairy tail

She already lost Aquarius. That's more than enough price.
May 16, 2014 4:45 AM

Dec 2009
Why would anyone want to blowup Lucy's boobs. Just don't understand such a disgusting thought.
Also was quite surprise on the Celestial King coming from the sky and destroying the base without a single fuck given. Let's see where this goes.
May 16, 2014 4:52 AM
Apr 2011
The key for Aquarius may be gone but we all know if the celestial spirit wills it they can summon themselves through like Loke does.
4 8 15 16 23 42 4 8 15 16 23 42 4 8 15 16 23 42 4 8 15 16 23 42

http://putridcheese.deviantart.com
http://www.booksie.com/tosh/
http://stoptazmo.com/
May 16, 2014 4:54 AM

Nov 2013
I would really be happy if after the battle there was some kind of discussion between lucy and the celestial king. Lucy would ask the celestial king to thank Aquarius for her and then the king would be surprised and say "what do you mean? Aquarius is no more.". Then Lucy would argue and the king would explain "One does not simply break a golden key. The spirit has also to agree and forsake his vow and his existence. My daughter is now one with the magic.". In the end Lucy would understand that Aquarius lied because if not Lucy would never have been able to break the key and would have been killed.
May 16, 2014 4:56 AM
Sep 2012
What a chapter, what a emotional chapter. Well I will start with one nippick, when Lucy was at Tartarus mercery, the way those three acted, so cliche. I am not even mad at them, but could you be anymore cliche, why not just tie to a railroad track and have long mustaches. And they turned on each other, well I guess King Hades bounty kind of backfired. Once he put out the bounty team unity went out the window it was ever demon for him or her self.

And speaking of which, RIP Lammy you will not be missed. But on a serious note I think Jackyl just screwed Tartarus, they could always rebuild the regeneration lab, but now with no one to operate it, no more regeneration, thanks Jackyl you were a big help.

Well Aquarius sacrificed herself, I guess this is her redemption for the stunt she pulled in the Navel contest. I still was emotional watching this, not on the level when Ultear seemly died, but still, I am glad they went through with it. Though is this a spirit world secret, we have had some bad celestial spirit owners who were not good people, like Duke Everlue, Karin, Angel, etc., if they knew this secret, they would have destroyed their gold keys in a second.

I am sure we will see Aquarius again, perhaps as many as suggested she might become one of Yukino's spirit, before now it was 10 / 2 Lucy in the gold key department. Making it 9 / 3 is progress in balenece, though I wonder if Aquarius would like Yukino any less than Lucy, I don't know.

Awesome to see the Spirit King he looks good, and he is going to fight Madge. Madge is in the second in command, so I much as I want to see the Spirit King kick his butt, I don't think that will happen, I think Madge defeat is reserved for someone else, I don't know who just yet, I don't see this going the way of the good guys. Maybe this is when Gildart, or Jellal would show up. That is okay Lucy via the Spirit King beat Jackyl, she got her win.

Awesome chapter can't wait for the next one. RIP Lammy there are hunks for you to dwerl over in the after life like Zancrow.
May 16, 2014 4:56 AM

Jul 2013
Hoooo I wasn't expecting this. The spirit king himself... this should be fun. But wait a minute... if alegria is destroyed what happens to natsu & nakama who were trapped? Released just like that?
For those who seek perfection, there can be no rest on this side of the grave.
Hope is the first step on the road to disappointment.
May 16, 2014 4:57 AM
Dec 2010
Darklight0303 said:
aos10 said:
very good chapter

She already lost Aquarius. That's more than enough price.

i didn't say she will lose , i said she will faint duo of losing her powers
May 16, 2014 5:06 AM

Sep 2012
This chapter was really really good, tears were almost dropping...
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
May 16, 2014 5:35 AM

Sep 2012
Aw man this chapter was really touching and pretty sad!
Even if Aquarius comes back somehow, this chapter was still great <3
May 16, 2014 6:05 AM

Dec 2008
I'm crying ;___;
This is like a death scene, without the actual death. This was too sad. I hope there is a way to reverse what happened ;___; Too many feels were had! So many tears ;___;
Pages (3) [1] 2 3 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Fairy Tail Chapter 295 Discussion ( 1 2 )

BackLashWave - Aug 17, 2012

96 by KayKimii »»
Aug 8, 11:25 PM

Poll: » Fairy Tail Chapter 283 Discussion ( 1 2 )

azeriraz - May 18, 2012

60 by KayKimii »»
Aug 8, 10:04 PM

Poll: » Fairy Tail Chapter 545 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

animefan8800 - Jul 21, 2017

235 by a0i-kun »»
Jul 20, 8:00 PM

Poll: » Fairy Tail Chapter 544 Discussion ( 1 2 )

animefan8800 - Jul 13, 2017

98 by a0i-kun »»
Jul 16, 5:28 AM

Poll: » Fairy Tail Chapter 543 Discussion

animefan8800 - Jul 7, 2017

40 by a0i-kun »»
Jul 16, 5:11 AM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.