Forum Settings
Forums
Fairy Tail
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this chapter?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this chapter. If you want to discuss future events, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to read/download this chapter or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Manga Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »
Aug 23, 2015 10:32 PM

Nov 2011
THIS IS A MANGA ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS ANYTHING BEYOND THIS CHAPTER.
----------------------------------------
Hmm, immortal huh? Quite an interesting conversation between Mavis and Zeref this chapter despite their different ideals.
Aug 23, 2015 10:32 PM

Jan 2012
So Mavis is immortal too...and Makarov is born! :D
Aug 23, 2015 10:36 PM
Jul 2018
Wasn't as good as i was hoping but it was still okay. Mavis being immortal wasn't much of a shock, more like a confirmation.
Aug 23, 2015 10:44 PM

Aug 2012
it's a boy! lol
now we have two immortals. another week to wait

But you'll still take damage!
Aug 23, 2015 10:46 PM

Jun 2013
Looks like it will be a longer flashback than the usual one, which is nice. Makarov is born, great, I can't wait to see how she became that crystal.
Aug 23, 2015 10:58 PM

Oct 2011
Looks like she's almost kill Makarov with her power & then seal herself in the crystal

Aug 23, 2015 11:15 PM
Aug 2013
The beginning was a summary of what was in Fairy Tail Zero. Their meeting was detailed in that manga.

So Mavis is an immortal too. Which proves enough that she is frozen in time. The crystal the guild has but that wouldn't explain the ghost of Mavis then. Would like to know how she supposingly 'died' (Which I don't think she has) and got into that form.

(Insert- FANGIRL MODE- WAAH~ Seems like another ship is starting to sail.. That hug, that blush and that almost... almost ki- ki- ss... No wonder Zeref is after that Lumen Historie lol)

But if we take Zeref's words into consideration, Lumen Historie could be a massive weapon of destruction.
ShailyAug 23, 2015 11:25 PM
Aug 23, 2015 11:16 PM

Dec 2009
Weird that Mavis has the same curse as Zeref. I honestly am wondering if it is exactly the same thing.
Aug 23, 2015 11:26 PM

Dec 2011
Damn Zeref and Mavis looks so cute together and i can't wait to see more of Mavis back story.
Aug 23, 2015 11:34 PM

Aug 2010
Such an eternal ship even having couple quarrels <3

Looking forward to see more info about what Mavis's curse exactly is because it definitely isn't a carbon copy of Zeref's.

Should be interesting seeing why she decided to seal herself.
Aug 23, 2015 11:35 PM

Aug 2011
uzee said:
Looks like she's almost kill Makarov with her power & then seal herself in the crystal

Could be, but from final pages of FT Zero we know that Mararov was born in March X696 and the sin, supposed death (or whatever, that info is blackened) of Mavis was in X697, so if she endangered Makarov, it wasn't right after his birth.

The interesting thing in this chapter was Zeref's comment how Mavis has the power to walk alongside him while he was crying, so ist's more and more clear he doesn't desire Lumen Histoire but Mavis herself.
Aug 23, 2015 11:39 PM

Apr 2013
Has the same curse as Zeref but than he says that she has been choosing who dies at her own discretion. Perhaps that is what Fairy Heart does the power of her curse.

Anyway liked how it showed how she got her nickname, hope to see the mom and baby Makarov.
Aug 23, 2015 11:42 PM

May 2014
Another huge step for Zeref X Mavis shippers. If romance will go like it did in Naruto then Natsu might have onee-san in the end of manga XD
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Aug 23, 2015 11:48 PM

Dec 2014
Mavis the mass murderer. She is probably going to kill makarov's mother and be the one to seperate a newborn from his mother. Harsh thing to accept for her.
Aug 23, 2015 11:53 PM
Anime Moderator
᠎ Master Öqvily᠎

Aug 2014
Awww, Mavis looked so cute when she cried, it's sad though.

Forum set made by my
secret santa, Nate!
Aug 23, 2015 11:58 PM

Jul 2007
So with this we can basically talk about FT Zero stuff right? Its nice of just how much more indepth this is made by having read that one. Also I guess anime will adapt Zero during this point too?(Or during the timeskip most likely)

I am more and more convinced that Zeref will NOT be the final villain and either END or the "god" who cursed Zeref and Mavis will. There seems to be a whole separate layer of things that is hidden from sight so far.

Shaily said:

So Mavis is an immortal too. Which proves enough that she is frozen in time. The crystal the guild has but that wouldn't explain the ghost of Mavis then. Would like to know how she supposingly 'died' (Which I don't think she has) and got into that form.

Considering Mavis is very well versed in Illusion Magic, it is not surprising she would be able to create a non-corporeal body for herself.

Aqua_Eleven said:
Has the same curse as Zeref but than he says that she has been choosing who dies at her own discretion. Perhaps that is what Fairy Heart does the power of her curse.

Anyway liked how it showed how she got her nickname, hope to see the mom and baby Makarov.

we don't know how the curse works so far but most likely Zeref was someone who did not want anyone to die(so everyone does now), while Mavis so far has been making decisions that led to deaths of others to save others(the war, even the fairy law itself) - she is not realizing what her actions cause because she views it from positive angle of having saved her friends.

What's more we literally seen this war as a short flashback when they called her Tactician during the GMG.
Aug 24, 2015 12:29 AM

Sep 2014
Mavis and Zeref were so cute :3
Wonder what Mavis's curse is, can't be the same as Zeref's.
If it is though, that's most likely why she's sealed in that crystal.
Damn, can't wait for the next chapter!
Aug 24, 2015 12:52 AM

Jun 2013
So...Looks like Mavis...Liiiiiiiiked Zeref before...

and she became cursed by same curse as him huh...I wonder...will that Curse kill Yury/Yuriya?
and that Caused now...because she is same....Zeref to want her to his side!? Empress?

JarjaxleAug 24, 2015 12:59 AM
Victory at all costs, victory in spite of all terror, victory however long and hard the road may be; for without victory, there is no survival.~Winston Churchill

"Fate of the universe will be Decided as it SHOULD be, in MORTAL KOMBAT!" ~Elder Gods

"Justice WILL Prevail?" "But OF COURSE IT WILL!! WHOEVER WINS, BECOMES THE JUSTICE!!!" ~Donquixote Doflamingo (King, Pirate, Shichibukai, Philosopher(?) (One Piece))
Aug 24, 2015 1:27 AM

Apr 2008
So Mavis has the same curse as Zeref huh. Would explain why she sealed herself away in Fairy Heart
Aug 24, 2015 2:12 AM

Mar 2012
Darklight0303 said:
So Mavis has the same curse as Zeref huh. Would explain why she sealed herself away in Fairy Heart
Pretty much wrote exactly what I intended to write.

The moment Mavis witnesses her own curse directly go into effect on someone close to her will be a riveting and quite huge moment.
Aug 24, 2015 3:41 AM
Sep 2012
So Mavis is immortal to, well how does that explain her ghost form? I guess Mavis sealed herself, and Fairy Heart if used would release Mavis and she could kill everybody. I guess Makarov's plan in the Tartarus arc was for Mavis to kill all the Tartarus members by having Mavis touch them, and now will we have Mavis kill the whole empire, I don't think she wants to do that.

It is nice to see Mavis the tactician in action, that was cool, and boy did Hiro troll us with Zeref and Mavis looking like they were about to kiss, does Zeref act like that around everyone that gains immortality, he didn't almost kiss Acnologia, did he?

I wonder if Mavis killed Yuri, if so Makarov is not holding that against her, I hope we get to see baby Makarov next chapter.

This was a good chapter, Fairy Tail is on a roll lately.
Aug 24, 2015 3:42 AM

Apr 2008
blfan said:
So Mavis is immortal to, well how does that explain her ghost form? I guess Mavis sealed herself, and Fairy Heart if used would release Mavis and she could kill everybody. I guess Makarov's plan in the Tartarus arc was for Mavis to kill all the Tartarus members by having Mavis touch them, and now will we have Mavis kill the whole empire, I don't think she wants to do that.

It is nice to see Mavis the tactician in action, that was cool, and boy did Hiro troll us with Zeref and Mavis looking like they were about to kiss, does Zeref act like that around everyone that gains immortality, he didn't almost kiss Acnologia, did he?

I wonder if Mavis killed Yuri, if so Makarov is not holding that against her, I hope we get to see baby Makarov next chapter.

This was a good chapter, Fairy Tail is on a roll lately.

The ghost form is just Mavis' illusion magic
Aug 24, 2015 4:36 AM

Jan 2011
so mavis is immortal, but why zeref wants her ?
Aug 24, 2015 4:36 AM
Mar 2015
dvdmpg said:
I will remain skeptical regarding Mavis curse being the same as Zeref's. Zeref tried for years to reverse death, that's why he got cursed; but Mavis just used an incomplete black magic... I don't see how can both be related.
reversing death is black magic
Aug 24, 2015 4:38 AM

Feb 2012
My man Zeref just tells it how it is.

You gotta man up to take his words.
Aug 24, 2015 4:46 AM
Jan 2014
Yeah,it's really suspicious,but when you think about it, "Law" is a magic that turns the caster into a "god". They get to stand in a higher ground than the rest and choose who gets punished with death and who doesn't. Plus,the magic was incomplete at the time. I do wonder what it means for a magic to be incomplete,since Makarov and Laxus used fairy law and didn't get cursed. Maybe fairy law is weaker than law?

Zeref's research too entered "god's dormain",the dormain of life and death. Since he loved life that much,his curse was "simple": His death waves would randomly activate and kill people. If he wanted to avoid this,he had to disregard life's importance. In other words,Zeref would always be killing.

Perhaps that is the perk of Mavis's curse. It will not randomly kill people around here,but it will make her kills others through her decisions. Or maybe she really will begin to kill people accidentally. Whatever Zeref was with Mavis,his curse didn't activate. Well.Well,the first paragraph is just a supposition,but from Ankhselam,'s "point of view",Mavis attempted to become a god.

Of course,Zeref could be mistaken and Mavis is just cursed with immortality and agelessness
hello09Aug 24, 2015 4:52 AM
Aug 24, 2015 5:08 AM

Sep 2014
hello09 said:
Yeah,it's really suspicious,but when you think about it, "Law" is a magic that turns the caster into a "god". They get to stand in a higher ground than the rest and choose who gets punished with death and who doesn't. Plus,the magic was incomplete at the time. I do wonder what it means for a magic to be incomplete,since Makarov and Laxus used fairy law and didn't get cursed. Maybe fairy law is weaker than law?

I think that Mavis perfected the spell in her own way at one point, inventing Fairy Glitter and Fairy Sphere alongside it, making Law the base of Fairy Law, altering it nontheless. And since it is a spell that is not quite the same, therefore just for members of Fairy Tail, Makarov and Laxus were able to cast it.

I think the difference about Mavis and Zeref is going to be how they define the value of life itself. For Zeref, all life is precious in some way. He may have studied the black arts with his little brother in mind, but his goal was to alter the borders between life and death itself. Mavis on the other hand, values the lives of her comrades more than anything else. She may regret killing other people, but if she is able to protect the ones dear to her, she will do so.
So while for one of them all life is equal, the other will choose which are more important. So their curses will be different in that regard.
I think while Zeref has no "control" in who he is going to kill, Mavis will have, although subconscious.
Aug 24, 2015 5:11 AM
Aug 2015
Mm, could the fact that Mavis could stay around Zeref now is due to the fact that she's immortal?
Aug 24, 2015 5:24 AM

May 2014
Oh so she gained immortality together with Zeref's curse so she decided to crystalizr herself so she couldn't hurt anyone anymore. Hmm simple I guess, I really just wanna know how she did it.
Aug 24, 2015 5:49 AM
Oct 2013
Decent chapter, Hiro hasn´t dropped the ball recently and he tends to use his backstories thoughtful.

My prediction. Yuri loses his wife through Mavis and becomes immortal by using an "incomplete dark spell" as well. Calling himself God Serena.
Aug 24, 2015 6:13 AM
Jun 2015
I think the battle between Arbaless and Ishgar will give many death flags...
Just as what Zeref had said at the manga, what kind of lives she chose o take at her own discretion. (Still not sure.)

Her tactics as a Fairy Tactician was one thing about her curse since she took note of the lives costed at their battle.

Let's just say Zeref randomly kills people by the use of Death magic directly while Mavis unknowingly uses her tactics to kill people (mostly on the bad guys.) But then again, it was an act of taking a life so it will be the same.

My point is, should Mavis become the strategist for Ishgar's forces, many lives were about to lose on her command whether be it good or not. It will be a battle between Mavis andd Zeref by leading two countries into a great war. Larger than any Earthland countries could ever have.

Though my opinion contradicts by the fact of Mavis's first use of her tactics back at GMG since it did not kill any people. Well maybe because the game forbid killing.

Now let's go back to the battle. This is where END/Natsu plot comes into place.

Since Natsu doesn't want anyone to die. He might intervene and release whatever on his arm. Zeref notices and later derides him about giving him despair and shit. Then give a little background story about the two of them then later Natsu comes to a decision to whether to kill his brother or not..

I wouldn't want to explain any further... I might be just placing the events that were about to happen in the future.

Final arc and battle would be Natsu and company vs Acnologia.

(I know some of this may be wrong so care to correc me if I'm wrong xD)
wiErD0esAug 24, 2015 6:28 AM
Aug 24, 2015 6:15 AM
Mar 2015
Is Mavis the weapon herself??? Releasing her is releasing a wizard nearly as powerful as zeref? Does power increase over time? The older you the more sage you become?
Oh yeah so she was not a ghost but an astral projection of herself front he crystal, just like in Magi lol

Why couldn't this be part of FT zero?
Aug 24, 2015 7:20 AM

Sep 2014
Isterio said:

My prediction. Yuri loses his wife through Mavis and becomes immortal by using an "incomplete dark spell" as well. Calling himself God Serena.

Read: Year X700

I doubt that "death" means anything else (in this case), than death itself. No hidden meaning, no nothing. Otherwise I'm sure that it would have been blackened as well or, like Warrod and Precht, stated that he withdrew without explaining further or what happened after that.
Aug 24, 2015 7:43 AM
Oct 2013
Suno_Kaji said:
Isterio said:

I doubt that "death" means anything else (in this case), than death itself. No hidden meaning, no nothing. Otherwise I'm sure that it would have been blackened as well or, like Warrod and Precht, stated that he withdrew without explaining further or what happened after that.

There are too many conveniences for it to be just death, also we knew Mavis wasn´t "really dead" that was no more secret so it was reasonable to blacken it out. However Yuri´s story is something that won´t get revealed if right now but if he´s God Serena when he´ll hit the spotlight, since it´s meant to be a secret blackening it out too would be too obvious foreshadowing.

Mavis dies and Yuri dies 3 years after?
I don´t buy it, especially since Mavis happens to dissapear just right after Makarovs birth. So her dissapereance is more or less confirmed to be conencted to Makarov.

Keep in mind that he´s the only one who has "God" in his surname.

Warrod doesn´t have it, the Elven guy doesn´t have it and the guy who is probably Elfman´s granddad (joke) doesn´t have it either.

If there is actually no relation and "God Serena" is just some new random dude than it was a poor design choice for his looks on Hiros part.

The last time we got introduced a random OP person (Kagura) it was revealed that she was related to Simon and that Erza saved her life.
Or remember the time when it turned out that Gildarts is Cana´s Dad?
Or the time when it was revealed that the guy who looked like Gray from the future was Gray´s dad?
Or the time when we learned that the Oracion seis guy was Wally´s brother.
Or the time when Angel turned out to be Yukino´s big sis.
IsterioAug 24, 2015 7:49 AM
Aug 24, 2015 7:44 AM

Aug 2013
hnnngg I SHIP

so Mavis has same curse like Zeref..
so basically the one that can live along side with Zeref is Mavis only?
that's why he want her.. <3
Aug 24, 2015 8:46 AM

Apr 2014
This should have been a whole arc. It's one of the biggest mysteries of the Fairy Tail series, and everyone has waited a while for this, so it would only be fair, with all of the build-up, you know?

What I mean, was half of the chapter was scenes from Fairy Tail: Zero, while the other half just flew by like it was nothing, giving it that feel that the flashbacks are nearly over, already. It just left a bad taste in my mouth, is all.

Dat Zeref X Mavis head-bump, doe.

Still wondering if she knows about Natsu, or not...
"I have to work harder than anyone else to make it! I'll never catch up otherwise...! I want to be like you...! Like you. The strongest hero.""
Aug 24, 2015 8:49 AM

Apr 2014
Vanschia said:
hnnngg I SHIP

Yuss.

On another note, is it just me, or do they resemble Lucy and Natsu, there? Like, look at the faces. Truthfully, it's the first time Zeref even closely resembled Natsu, in my opinion. xD
"I have to work harder than anyone else to make it! I'll never catch up otherwise...! I want to be like you...! Like you. The strongest hero.""
Aug 24, 2015 8:58 AM

Aug 2013
HakuryuNoKou said:
Vanschia said:
hnnngg I SHIP

Yuss.

On another note, is it just me, or do they resemble Lucy and Natsu, there? Like, look at the faces. Truthfully, it's the first time Zeref even closely resembled Natsu, in my opinion. xD

ugh, do you read previous chapters?
of course Zeref resembled Natsu, he is Natsu's

about Lucy and Mavis.. you make me think that maybe Lucy's mom has connection with Mavis..
who knows!
Aug 24, 2015 9:05 AM

Nov 2014
My goodness what a revelation by Zeref. She was actually frozen and had the tactical skills it was because she was immortally cursed.
Yury gives birth to Makarov who has been alive for 6000 years xD
Aug 24, 2015 9:10 AM

May 2014
mavis is natsu's sister-in-law heh
Aug 24, 2015 10:57 AM
Aug 2013
CookingPriest said:
So with this we can basically talk about FT Zero stuff right? Its nice of just how much more indepth this is made by having read that one. Also I guess anime will adapt Zero during this point too?(Or during the timeskip most likely)

I am more and more convinced that Zeref will NOT be the final villain and either END or the "god" who cursed Zeref and Mavis will. There seems to be a whole separate layer of things that is hidden from sight so far.

Shaily said:

Considering Mavis is very well versed in Illusion Magic, it is not surprising she would be able to create a non-corporeal body for herself.

Aqua_Eleven said:

we don't know how the curse works so far but most likely Zeref was someone who did not want anyone to die(so everyone does now), while Mavis so far has been making decisions that led to deaths of others to save others(the war, even the fairy law itself) - she is not realizing what her actions cause because she views it from positive angle of having saved her friends.

What's more we literally seen this war as a short flashback when they called her Tactician during the GMG.

That makes sense.
Aug 24, 2015 10:58 AM
Aug 2013
yaokitsme said:

Lol, wow, never interpreted it like that.
Aug 24, 2015 11:01 AM

Jun 2013
yaokitsme said:

Yes, and it seems the Dragneels are also into blonde girls, interesting.
Aug 24, 2015 11:52 AM

Apr 2008
Isterio said:
Suno_Kaji said:

There are too many conveniences for it to be just death, also we knew Mavis wasn´t "really dead" that was no more secret so it was reasonable to blacken it out. However Yuri´s story is something that won´t get revealed if right now but if he´s God Serena when he´ll hit the spotlight, since it´s meant to be a secret blackening it out too would be too obvious foreshadowing.

Mavis dies and Yuri dies 3 years after?
I don´t buy it, especially since Mavis happens to dissapear just right after Makarovs birth. So her dissapereance is more or less confirmed to be conencted to Makarov.

Keep in mind that he´s the only one who has "God" in his surname.

Warrod doesn´t have it, the Elven guy doesn´t have it and the guy who is probably Elfman´s granddad (joke) doesn´t have it either.

If there is actually no relation and "God Serena" is just some new random dude than it was a poor design choice for his looks on Hiros part.

The last time we got introduced a random OP person (Kagura) it was revealed that she was related to Simon and that Erza saved her life.
Or remember the time when it turned out that Gildarts is Cana´s Dad?
Or the time when it was revealed that the guy who looked like Gray from the future was Gray´s dad?
Or the time when we learned that the Oracion seis guy was Wally´s brother.
Or the time when Angel turned out to be Yukino´s big sis.

There is such a thing as reading too much into things. You have no basis for your theory other than wishful thinking. Hell Warrod would recognize him. since he was a wizard saint too =_= People need to just let go of this stupid theory
Aug 24, 2015 12:17 PM
Oct 2013
Darklight0303 said:

There is such a thing as reading too much into things. You have no basis for your theory other than wishful thinking. Hell Warrod would recognize him. since he was a wizard saint too =_= People need to just let go of this stupid theory

Says the guy who was Hell bound on the Gray Uchiha outcome, because obviously Gray wasn´t a spy and was the villain of the avatar arc.

Remember how that came to be true?
Remember when Natsu fought Gray cause he had become a villain, remember how you predicted that correct.
Aug 24, 2015 12:22 PM

Jun 2013
The only way I believe Yuryi could be God Serena is:

- They both look similar;
- He too came in contact with Law, so it might have a effect on him.

Or God Serena is just some random OP dude.
Aug 24, 2015 12:44 PM

Apr 2008
Isterio said:
Darklight0303 said:

Says the guy who was Hell bound on the Gray Uchiha outcome, because obviously Gray wasn´t a spy and was the villain of the avatar arc.

Remember how that came to be true?
Remember when Natsu fought Gray cause he had become a villain, remember how you predicted that correct.

I remember how stupid that whole arc became because Hiro buckled to the stupid gray fandumbs who couldn't accept their precious toy going evil cause of a power he has no right to control so easily so quickly.

The same way he buckled to the morons who wanted Lisanna back.
Aug 24, 2015 1:11 PM

Sep 2014
If Yuri is indeed God Serena I'm going to flip some tables.

As Darklight stated, there is no way Warrod would not recognize him. Sure, you could argue that we never saw his reaction because they didn't face each other so far. But his reaction when being told that God Serena now is a Spriggan would have been more intense, shocked.
Secondly: Makarov. As far as we got to know Yuri, he deeply cares for his friends and family. Do you really think that he would abandon his three year old child, disappearing without a clue? If he didn't, Makarov should know about him. If he did, it would be OOC.
Mavis would also know by now I guess.

Jumping to conclusions just because the shadow (we didn't see Serena in detail) looks similar to Yuri is way too fast. Especially since he seems to be aging (look at the tiny differences in his appearance).

So far, there is no reason for him to be alive. Adding him and creating kind of a love triangle with Yuri - Mavis - Zeref would be horrible storytelling. He just doesn't fit in.

If Serena is going to be a new character, please remind me to remind you that you were wrong ('cause you seem to like this competition "Who's going to be right" and to remind people that they were wrong like you are the all-knowing little devil, sitting on Mashima's shoulder the whole time and it was just so easy to predict... seriously...).
Aug 24, 2015 1:20 PM
Oct 2013
Darklight0303 said:

I remember how stupid that whole arc became because Hiro buckled to the stupid gray fandumbs who couldn't accept their precious toy going evil cause of a power he has no right to control so easily so quickly.

The same way he buckled to the morons who wanted Lisanna back.

Yes because obviously you know the authors intentions better than himself right?
Furthermore if you obviously claim Hiro Mashima to be a sell out whore.
Why do you keep reading his sell out whore story?
I mean obviously it´s not his decision how Fairy Tail get´s written but his fans right?

At least according to your statement here you consider him a sell out whore who does what his fans demand!
Surprisingly enough how he never writes the story how you demand it, maybe you should write him a letter, i´m sure he´ll write it the way you want, if you just ask.
IsterioAug 24, 2015 1:24 PM
Aug 24, 2015 1:49 PM
Oct 2013
Suno_Kaji said:
If Yuri is indeed God Serena I'm going to flip some tables.

As Darklight stated, there is no way Warrod would not recognize him. Sure, you could argue that we never saw his reaction because they didn't face each other so far. But his reaction when being told that God Serena now is a Spriggan would have been more intense, shocked.

Isterio said:

You may do this, but it won´t change Hiro´s writing. You´re right regarding Warrod, but only if you asssume that he doesn´t already know Yuri´s change into "god" Serena. However my theory claims that Yuri changed personalities 3 years after Makarov was born and changed his identity (with his friends knowing) because of some big event. I´m not sure what it was but losing his wife and Mavis seems plausible to me.

Suno_Kaji said:

Secondly: Makarov. As far as we got to know Yuri, he deeply cares for his friends and family. Do you really think that he would abandon his three year old child, disappearing without a clue? If he didn't, Makarov should know about him. If he did, it would be OOC.
Mavis would also know by now I guess.

Jumping to conclusions just because the shadow (we didn't see Serena in detail) looks similar to Yuri is way too fast. Especially since he seems to be aging (look at the tiny differences in his appearance).

Isterio said:

Remember when Gajeel was a bad guy? It´s called character development, a peoples changes within 80 years peoples also changes when their waifu died or when something else big happens.There is no OOC when you deliver the right circumstances for a character to change and develop.

Who should Mavis mention Yuri towards?
Or who should Makarov or Warrod mention this info towards?
It took Warrod a whole arc to tell the main cast that he was a former FT member,which he only did because Lucy "insulted" him, why should anyone from the cast spoil such a surprise?

Suno_Kaji said:

So far, there is no reason for him to be alive. Adding him and creating kind of a love triangle with Yuri - Mavis - Zeref would be horrible storytelling. He just doesn't fit in.

Isterio said:
Seriosuly that´s what you care about? You assume "this" would be his role? If he brings Yuri back, then you assume it´s for the sake of pairing trolling?I´ll just ignore that part since I don´t understand why you even mentioned it.

Suno_Kaji said:

If Serena is going to be a new character, please remind me to remind you that you were wrong ('cause you seem to like this competition "Who's going to be right" and to remind people that they were wrong like you are the all-knowing little devil, sitting on Mashima's shoulder the whole time and it was just so easy to predict... seriously...).

Isterio said:
I actually only do this with Dark Light since he was really obnoxious with his Gray Uchiha prediction and sold on to it alongside one other person, to the point where they couldn´t talk decent anymore. So you may do this yourself

When I read the chapter I initially assumed that Mavis would be responsible for Makarov´s big brothers death or even Yuri himself, which I dismissed after reading the timeline, however, after reading it none of that would make sense except Makarov is revealed to had a twin.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Fairy Tail Chapter 295 Discussion ( 1 2 )

BackLashWave - Aug 17, 2012

96 by KayKimii »»
Aug 8, 11:25 PM

Poll: » Fairy Tail Chapter 283 Discussion ( 1 2 )

azeriraz - May 18, 2012

60 by KayKimii »»
Aug 8, 10:04 PM

Poll: » Fairy Tail Chapter 545 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

animefan8800 - Jul 21, 2017

235 by a0i-kun »»
Jul 20, 8:00 PM

Poll: » Fairy Tail Chapter 544 Discussion ( 1 2 )

animefan8800 - Jul 13, 2017

98 by a0i-kun »»
Jul 16, 5:28 AM

Poll: » Fairy Tail Chapter 543 Discussion

animefan8800 - Jul 7, 2017

40 by a0i-kun »»
Jul 16, 5:11 AM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.